PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolves should try for Dwight...

bdizzle
12-19-2011, 10:15 PM
They have so much to give. Rubio, Derrick Williams, another PF/C of their choice aside from kevin love. They would have a point guard for the future and some players with mad potential, along with picks they could trade.

Give or take a player added or subtracted from the trade, Twolves would have love, dwight, barea, welsey johnson, and a solid bench. Dwight could definitely win there.

A Love and Dwight duo would be a beautiful thing. Shame Dwight doesn't see that.

ManRam
12-19-2011, 10:16 PM
You posted a trade scenario I think in the Magic forum...and while they can offer a really good package...it isn't worth it. They're rebuilding pretty solidly right now, and Dwight probably wouldn't be too interested in sticking around. Not worth sacrificing your future and then hoping a guy will re-sign...

dhopisthename
12-19-2011, 10:16 PM
he probably doesn't want to go there although it would make so much sense

Dolfan305
12-19-2011, 10:20 PM
"forget LA, Boston, or New York, I'm going to Minnesota!

MrfadeawayJB
12-19-2011, 10:23 PM
It makes perfect sense on paper, but dwight would not sign an extension there

bdizzle
"forget LA, Boston, or New York, I'm going to Minnesota!

Truly is a shame that being in a big market is valued so much higher than winning. T'wolves probably have the most talent to offer, and they would be able to retain Love and a number of players. A combo of Love and Howard would be straight ridiculous rebound wise. Howard's elite defense and solid post game and Love's 3 point ability would mesh well. Man, that would be a fun thing to watch.

Hawkeye15
Not happening. The Wolves could obviously offer possibly the best package available, but Dwight probably won't re-sign with a team that just gutted itself to get him, unless Orlando was stupid enough to take a deal not involving Love and Rubio.

bdizzle
12-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Not happening. The Wolves could obviously offer possibly the best package available, but Dwight probably won't re-sign with a team that just gutted itself to get him, unless Orlando was stupid enough to take a deal not involving Love and Rubio.

There is enough talent where they can get away with keeping one of thet wo. Honestly, how can the nets even come up with a package better than rubio and derrick williams alone?

Hawkeye15
12-19-2011, 10:31 PM
There is enough talent where they can get away with keeping one of thet wo. Honestly, how can the nets even come up with a package better than rubio and derrick williams alone?

Point is, Orlando would demand Love to even begin the talks. It now becomes a team that is rebuilding again, something Dwight would have no interest in re-signing with.

iliketurtles24
12-19-2011, 10:34 PM

They cant, but dwight still wouldnt sign here.

bdizzle
12-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Point is, Orlando would demand Love to even begin the talks. It now becomes a team that is rebuilding again, something Dwight would have no interest in re-signing with.

Obviously they would want Love, but that wouldn't happen. Do you think the Nets have more to offer in a trade than the T'wolves, or that regardless of who has the better deal, they won't talk to the T'wolves if Love isn't involved?

Minnesota has more to offer than New Jersey... Orlando would go for the best trade.

Hawkeye15
12-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Obviously they would want Love, but that wouldn't happen. Do you think the Nets have more to offer in a trade than the T'wolves, or that regardless of who has the better deal, they won't talk to the T'wolves if Love isn't involved?

Minnesota has more to offer than New Jersey... Orlando would go for the best trade.

I understand man, but the fact is, Dwight wouldn't re-sign with Minnesota. There is no way the Wolves don't have to include Love. If they didn't, and Dwight signs and extension, and we have a Love-Dwight frontcourt, I am game. The chances of that happening are slim to none however.

ManRam
12-19-2011, 10:45 PM
No one is saying Minnesota can't offer the most...

The point is, it's not worth it because odds are he doesn't re-sign there...

iliketurtles24
12-19-2011, 10:48 PM
offer D-will, AR-15, Wes Johnson, JJ Berea (wolves fans will know why i saw that) and a couple of picks. That is a better offer than the nets can offer, you have a couple starters in there. For the wolves we would have Rubio-Ellington-Beasley-Love-Howard. That is pretty good i think, for both teams.

HouRealCoach
12-19-2011, 10:58 PM
They need to keep their team

theDISH
12-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Love would have to be included in that deal. Still dont see that Twolves team with Dwight as being a contender. Rubio is the real deal they need to keep him around. They can build their won big 3 with Rubio, Love, and whoever pans out between Williams and Wes Johnson then still have plenty to deal

ne3xchamps
12-19-2011, 11:11 PM
:laugh:

topdog
12-19-2011, 11:12 PM
I love the idea. The Wolves can put out a pretty awesome team while providing a great package, but re-signing is the real sticking point.

Offer: Johnson, Beasley, Randolph, Pekovic, Ridour, (take Turkey Glue)

Still field: Rubio/Barea, Lee/Ellington, Turkoglu/Webster, Love/Williams, Dwight/Darko

bdizzle
12-19-2011, 11:14 PM
I love the idea. The Wolves can put out a pretty awesome team while providing a great package, but re-signing is the real sticking point.

Offer: Johnson, Beasley, Randolph, Pekovic, Ridour

Still field: Rubio/Barea, Lee/Ellington, Williams/Webster, Love/Williams, Dwight/Darko

While re-signing is an issue, the wolves would be instant contenders for a title IMO. They could win a title, or they would just put up a great season. I think this would coax Howard into re-signing, or at least close to it. I would go for it if I was Kahn.

Ty Fast
12-19-2011, 11:15 PM
he wouldnt sign an extention so minny would be giving up their entire future for him.

TheNumber37
12-19-2011, 11:24 PM
They would have to give up everything BUT Rubio and Love. Which is not enough unless a third team is involved?

topdog
12-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Does Dwight have an option for 2012 he could agree to exercise like Chris Paul did for the Clippers? I know there is not the same Stern pressure, but it could be the pressure of not wanting to let Orlando fans down like Shaq.

Dolfan305
Truly is a shame that being in a big market is valued so much higher than winning. T'wolves probably have the most talent to offer, and they would be able to retain Love and a number of players. A combo of Love and Howard would be straight ridiculous rebound wise. Howard's elite defense and solid post game and Love's 3 point ability would mesh well. Man, that would be a fun thing to watch.

are people forgetting the Wolves had the worst record in the NBA last season?

Sota4Ever
I have been saying this for a couple months but Dwight won't sign an extension here. He wants warm weather and a big market. I would love if it happened but there is no chance that it actually does.

billsftw
12-19-2011, 11:43 PM
offer D-will, AR-15, Wes Johnson, JJ Berea (wolves fans will know why i saw that) and a couple of picks. That is a better offer than the nets can offer, you have a couple starters in there. For the wolves we would have Rubio-Ellington-Beasley-Love-Howard. That is pretty good i think, for both teams.

we ****ing know that
point is, why would dwight want to stay in Minnesota?

utl768
12-20-2011, 12:56 AM
its not a bad idea on paper but realistically he aint going there

AddiX
12-20-2011, 12:59 AM
"they would have to give up love"

Who fcking cares! I know your all loyal to the guy but it's Dwight fcking Howard.

Not saying he would resign there, but if hen did, piece love...

GhostfaceDrilla
12-20-2011, 01:00 AM
Why would he want to live in Minnesota..

Hawkeye15
12-20-2011, 01:03 AM
"they would have to give up love"

Who fcking cares! I know your all loyal to the guy but it's Dwight fcking Howard.

Not saying he would resign there, but if hen did, piece love...

really dude? Point is, if Love and change were traded, why on earth would Dwight re-sign?

Its a simple concept. Love and change need to be involved, and Dwight wouldn't stay. There isn't a match.

AddiX
12-20-2011, 01:11 AM
Of course it would be love and change, my comment was to the people who say you would have tomgive up love, like its even a problem IF Dwight was willing to go there.

Hawkeye15
12-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Of course it would be love and change, my comment was to the people who say you would have tomgive up love, like its even a problem IF Dwight was willing to go there.

D12 wouldn't re-sign. That is the bottom line.

AddiX
12-20-2011, 01:28 AM
I agree 100%, and I'm sure you guys are excited to see what your new team can do anyway.

I know you have a much higher opinion on love than I do, but I still think all those young players need to be turned into a true superstar, love to me is a 2nd tier guy. Maybe Rubio will be able to make that sell for you guys.

D Roses Bulls
12-20-2011, 01:29 AM

have to disagree with that. like many sports writers have said, the bulls can offer the bet package while still leaving quite a bit to compete.

S-Dot
12-20-2011, 01:32 AM
have to disagree with that. like many sports writers have said, the bulls can offer the bet package while still leaving quite a bit to compete.

bulls have the best offer. Dwight knows that its Derrick's team now and for some time to come. That's probably why he doesn't want to go there.

D Roses Bulls
12-20-2011, 01:34 AM
bulls have the best offer. Dwight knows that its Derrick's team now and for some time to come. That's probably why he doesn't want to go there.

and you are exactly right. I asked ESPN's ddl crew that same quetion and they all said because dwight has an ego and he knows its derrick rose team. well that will cost him championships.

S-Dot
12-20-2011, 01:41 AM
and you are exactly right. I asked ESPN's ddl crew that same quetion and they all said because dwight has an ego and he knows its derrick rose team. well that will cost him championships.

It became obvious. He chose NJ for that reason. He chose the Lakers because Kobe's window is closing though many fans may not want to admit in. The same for Dirk in Dallas. Dwight wants it to be his team. It will hurt him short term because he and Rose could automatically contend for a title, but we'll see what the next team can do with him.

As a Knick fan, I don't really want him in our division.

sep11ie
12-20-2011, 01:53 AM
There's no point in rebuilding these days anyways. They might as well trade what they got for a star. Once Rubio, DWill, Wes, any of them become stars and Love's deal is up they will leave for a bigger market anyways.

Sota4Ever
12-20-2011, 01:58 AM
I doubt any of those guys leave. Beasley and Love have talked about how they want to stay with the team now that we have a coach and surrounded them with talent. Also Rubio and DWill are both loyal and humble people. As long as you surround people with talent they will stay.

topdog
12-20-2011, 02:07 AM
As far as guys leaving, we can watch OKC 1st and see how that goes before the Wolves need to worry/plan for departures.

Hawkeye15
12-20-2011, 02:08 AM
There's no point in rebuilding these days anyways. They might as well trade what they got for a star. Once Rubio, DWill, Wes, any of them become stars and Love's deal is up they will leave for a bigger market anyways.

definition of cynical.

S-Dot
I doubt any of those guys leave. Beasley and Love have talked about how they want to stay with the team now that we have a coach and surrounded them with talent. Also Rubio and DWill are both loyal and humble people. As long as you surround people with talent they will stay.

Beasley still starts at small forward right? Haven't had a chance to see them play yet, and I know they have Derrick Williams and Wes Johnson still. Not sure who the starters are

Sota4Ever
I could actually see Westbrook leaving just so he could be the number 1 guy.

Hawkeye15
12-20-2011, 02:10 AM
I could actually see Westbrook leaving just so he could be the number 1 guy.

He won't have the chance to leave for another 5 seasons, just like Love won't. Restricted free agency...

Sota4Ever
12-20-2011, 02:11 AM
Yeah Beasley starts at sf and Wes does at SG. But Adelman is trying something new with Beasley at sf Dwill at pf and Love at C. Last game it worked out perfectly but that was only one game. They won't be able to do this a lot vs dominate centers, but they will be able to use this a lot if these guys can learn to play defense

Sota4Ever
12-20-2011, 02:12 AM
Is that under the new CBA?

Raph12
12-20-2011, 02:13 AM
If Dwight were traded there, he and DWill would go to Dallas in 2012... No way he stays in Minni.

CeeDub15
12-20-2011, 02:15 AM
we ****ing know that
point is, why would dwight want to stay in Minnesota?

Maybe becuase he would be next to Kevin Love and could win here if KLove were to stay? That's what he wants, to win and have pieces next to him.

CeeDub15
12-20-2011, 02:18 AM
If Dwight were traded there, he and DWill would go to Dallas in 2012... No way he stays in Minni.

lol. I dont think you guys understand that yes, he would like to go to a big market, but his main interest is going to a contender or to a team that would have pieces. If we kept Klove, that would be a nice 1-2 punch, and Minny does have some pieces.

I have no interest in doing this though, would rather see what we have with our guys and let our team develop.

patsspurscubs
12-20-2011, 02:53 AM
I couldn't see this happening ever. The T'Wolves have such a bright future ahead of them. Why break up that team for a player who won't even stay?

Raph12
12-20-2011, 03:09 AM
lol. I dont think you guys understand that yes, he would like to go to a big market, but his main interest is going to a contender or to a team that would have pieces. If we kept Klove, that would be a nice 1-2 punch, and Minny does have some pieces.

I have no interest in doing this though, would rather see what we have with our guys and let our team develop.

He wants to win now, Rubio-WesJohnson-Love do not accomplish that... Role players around Kobe-Pau-D12 or DWill-D12 or DWill-Dirk-D12 does, he wants to win now and in a big market.

Mr_Amaziing
12-20-2011, 03:27 AM

Niice for both teams but it wouldn't matter if he doesn't sign a extension

AlwaysAFan718
12-20-2011, 03:35 AM
If I were wolves GM I'd find a way to trade for Andrew Bynum give up williams cause beasley is gonna blow up this year. That would be a nice line up, then I think lakers should start rebuilding there finished lol

xnick5757
12-20-2011, 09:29 AM
this is what would happen:

Timberwolves trade for Howard, he decides he likes it in Minnesota, and signs a max deal with them.
Kahn then uses all of his first round draft picks for the next three years on centers, and every year signs one free agent center to a 15+ million deal.

There is precedent for this (see Berea, JJ among others)

Heatcheck
12-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Forget big market vs small market. its cold as balls in minnesota, unless he specifically likes the cold or is used to it (i.e. Boozer or chalmers) he's not going to choose to live in minnesota.

Sota4Ever
12-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Ha that is a good one xnickx. Really funny....

RadiantShot
12-20-2011, 03:19 PM
:laugh:

kozelkid
12-20-2011, 03:23 PM

Stop being a homer for once in your life.

As a Bulls fan I know that it's clear as daylight that unless we are including Rose, there is NO way we can beat out an offer from either Minnesota or OKC for that matter or even LAC before they used up all their prospects on CP3.

Sidenote, if somehow Love and Dwight were on the same team, good luck to the opposition trying to rebound against those 2.

Hawkeye15
12-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Stop being a homer for once in your life.

As a Bulls fan I know that it's clear as daylight that unless we are including Rose, there is NO way we can beat out an offer from either Minnesota or OKC for that matter or even LAC before they used up all their prospects on CP3.

Sidenote, if somehow Love and Dwight were on the same team, good luck to the opposition trying to rebound against those 2.

Raph12 and I were drooling at the prospect of a Love/D12 frontcourt a while back. It would easily be the best frontcourt in the NBA. Offensively spaced perfectly, and defensively, Dwight would now be allowed to roam some with Love behind him to clean up the misses.

mgsports
12-20-2011, 04:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Magic get Beasley/Lopez/Gasol meaning Magic upgrade at C/PF and also get 2 Draft Picks from Nets. Lakers get Luke R./Petro/Duhon. Minnesota gets Redick and nets get Howard.

tbone2171
12-20-2011, 05:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Magic get Beasley/Lopez/Gasol meaning Magic upgrade at C/PF and also get 2 Draft Picks from Nets. Lakers get Luke R./Petro/Duhon. Minnesota gets Redick and nets get Howard.

Lol

Minnesota gives up Beasley and gains Howard & Reddick..where do I sign??

basketball3553
12-20-2011, 05:24 PM
Lol

Minnesota gives up Beasley and gains Howard & Reddick..where do I sign??

No the Nets get Howard.

tbone2171
12-20-2011, 05:28 PM
No the Nets get Howard.

Ahhh read it wrong.

Hellcrooner
12-20-2011, 05:41 PM
the only think that makes sense involving howad and wolvesr is being third part in lakers party.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7fuurbg
and imo that puts wolves in playoffs, maybe second round and its not that good for lakers while being nice for orlando.

kozelkid
12-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Raph12 and I were drooling at the prospect of a Love/D12 frontcourt a while back. It would easily be the best frontcourt in the NBA. Offensively spaced perfectly, and defensively, Dwight would now be allowed to roam some with Love behind him to clean up the misses.

I was actually thinking the same thing, lol.

Raph12
12-21-2011, 05:31 PM

I remember this convo, that would be a perfect frontcourt compliment, especially with Love's much improved outside shot. Only if the TWolves were a big market, then they could give up everything they have (Beasley, DerrickWilliams, WesJohnson, Webster, etc...) besides Rubio-Love and they could build a great team around that big three Rubio-Love-Howard.

Damn Minnesota lol.

Hawkeye15
12-21-2011, 05:33 PM
I remember this convo, that would be a perfect frontcourt compliment, especially with Love's much improved outside shot. Only if the TWolves were a big market, then they could give up everything they have (Beasley, DerrickWilliams, WesJohnson, Webster, etc...) besides Rubio-Love and they could build a great team around that big three Rubio-Love-Howard.

Damn Minnesota lol.

I gotta be honest, I don't even make it through your post anymore before my eyes wander south to those bodacious ta-ta's.

Raph12
12-21-2011, 11:07 PM
I gotta be honest, I don't even make it through your post anymore before my eyes wander south to those bodacious ta-ta's.

Me too lol.