PDA

View Full Version : Beginning of the year nba playoff predictions

LTBaByyy
12-19-2011, 06:22 PM
With Free Agency and Trades pretty much over before the start of the season, we can now give realistic playoff predictions

West:

Thunder
Mavs
Lakers
Grizzlies
Clippers
Nuggets
Spurs
Blazers

East:

Heat
Bulls
Celtics
Knicks
Pacers
76ers
Hawks
Magic

ChitownSports16
12-19-2011, 06:29 PM
West:

Thunder
Mavs
Lakers
Grizzlies
Spurs
Clippers
Blazers
Nuggets

East:
Bulls
Heat
Knicks
Celtics
Magic (With D12)
Hawks
Pacers
76ers

theDISH
12-19-2011, 06:45 PM
East: Heat, Bulls, Celtics, Sixers (homer pick but could easily go anywhere form 4-6), Knicks, Magic, Pacers, Nets

I dont think the Knicks are nearly as good as advertised and I think even with Dwight Orlando will struggle some. Sixers and Pacers should be really improved. Im leavin out the Hawks bcuz I do not think they are any good.

West: Thunder, Mavs, Spurs, Clippers, Lakers, Girzz, Nuggets, Rockets

I think the Rockets get in, Lowry, Scola, Martin is better then advertised. Spurts got another year or two in them and I think Splitter gives some solid contribution this year. Clips should be the most exciting team in the league this year with Paul goin to Lob City with Jordan and Blake

Klivlend
12-19-2011, 06:46 PM
Gotta wait to see where D-12 lands

tmacmamba
12-19-2011, 06:59 PM
West:

Thunder
Lakers
Mavs
Clippers
Blazers
Grizzlies
Spurs
Nuggets

East:

Heat
Knicks
Bulls
Pacers
Celtics
Magic
Hawks
Bucks

knicks=love
12-19-2011, 07:09 PM
East: Heat, Bulls, Celtics, Sixers (homer pick but could easily go anywhere form 4-6), Knicks, Magic, Pacers, Nets

I dont think the Knicks are nearly as good as advertised and I think even with Dwight Orlando will struggle some. Sixers and Pacers should be really improved. Im leavin out the Hawks bcuz I do not think they are any good.

West: Thunder, Mavs, Spurs, Clippers, Lakers, Girzz, Nuggets, Rockets

I think the Rockets get in, Lowry, Scola, Martin is better then advertised. Spurts got another year or two in them and I think Splitter gives some solid contribution this year. Clips should be the most exciting team in the league this year with Paul goin to Lob City with Jordan and Blake

:facepalm: ahead of the knicks? i know i'm a knicks fan, BUT SERIOUSLY?! you can not be serious. there's no way. who do the sixers have that's better than the knicks? tell me. like come on, that was the dumbest thing ever. i have the pacers ahead of the sixers. who have they added that made them better this offseason? i honestly forgot they were in the league until a few days ago.

west:
thunder
mavs
lakers
spurs
blazers
clippers
memphis
wolves

east:
heat
knicks
bulls
celtics
magic (with dwight)/hawks
hawks/nets (with dwight)
pacers
sixers

theDISH
12-19-2011, 07:12 PM
:facepalm: ahead of the knicks? i know i'm a knicks fan, BUT SERIOUSLY?! you can not be serious. there's no way. who do the sixers have that's better than the knicks? tell me. like come on, that was the dumbest thing ever. i have the pacers ahead of the sixers. who have they added that made them better this offseason? i honestly forgot they were in the league until a few days ago.

west:
thunder
mavs
lakers
spurs
blazers
clippers
memphis
wolves

east:
heat
knicks
bulls
celtics
hawks/nets (with dwight)
pacers
sixers

Um we play something called DEFENSE. only reason Knicks finished ahead of the sixers lat year is bcuz Iggy and Lou Will missed the last 7 games. Sixers are much deeper then the Knicks and way better defensive team. Like I said Sixers could go form 4-6 easily maybe even 7th pending health but Knicks are not that good and there is no way in hell they finish 2nd

knicks=love
12-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Um we play something called DEFENSE. only reason Knicks finished ahead of the sixers lat year is bcuz Iggy and Lou Will missed the last 7 games. Sixers are much deeper then the Knicks and way better defensive team. Like I said Sixers could go form 4-6 easily maybe even 7th pending health but Knicks are not that good and there is no way in hell they finish 2nd

so you're telling me that 2 top 15 players and a top 5 defensive center in a fast paced offense alone won't beat out the 76ers? are you on crack? carmelo almost singlehandedly beat the celtics in game 1 in boston, and we lost because we didn't have experience. i don't even know your starting lineup, but with the signing of davis, we got better because he has determination and experience.

Sixerlover
12-19-2011, 07:19 PM

west:
thunder
mavs
lakers
spurs
blazers
clippers
memphis
wolves

east:
heat
knicks
bulls
celtics
hawks/nets (with dwight)
pacers
sixers
:sigh:

The sixers and the knicks split the season series 2-2 last year, and one of the Knicks wins was a Carmelo game winning shot (aka a very tight game). The Sixers have a much deeper roster than NY, and are bringing everyone back with a year of chemistry which will definitely help in this shortened season as opposed to the Knicks having to deal with chemistry issues with 3 new main pieces added to the Melo, Stat, Fields core (Bibby, Davis, Chandler).

The Sixers are a much better defensive team than NYK even with the addition of Chandler, who is better suited as a good compliment to an already defensively good team, not the only defender on a bad team. Poor Chandler will have players attacking him night in and night out because of the matador defense that Bibby, Davis, Melo and Amare all play. Added that he doesn't have a serviceable backup like he did in Dallas, and the season requires many back to back games, don't be shocked to see that pickup not end up as great as you think. Obviously Melo and Amare are great offensively, But Iguodala is a premier wing defender, and Brand more than held his own last year.

Added that the rest of the team consisting of Jrue, Lou Will, Jodie Meeks, Evan Turner, Thad Young, Hawes all being young and gelling over the last year and a half, with Coach Collins I can definitely see them challenging for a 4-5 seed this season.

Life isn't just about PPG.

Dolfan305
12-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Heat
Bulls
Knicks
Celtics
76ers
Magic
Pacers
Hawks

West:
Thunder
Mavs
Lakers
Grizz
Spurs
Clippers
Blazers
Warriors

1st round
East:
Heat>Hawks
Bulls>Pacers
Knicks>Magic
76ers>Celtics

West:
Thunder>Warriors
Mavs>Blazers
Clippers>Lakers
Grizz>Spurs

2nd round
East:
Heat>76ers
Bulls>Knicks

West:
Thunder>Grizz
Mavs>Clippers

Heat>bulls
Thunder>Mavs

Heat>Thunder

pd7631
12-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Pacers are getting way too much love around here, they won 37 games last year. Let's just wait before they're the next big thing. If anything, they remind me of the Sixers the year we signed Elton Brand. They snuck into the playoffs last year, and then went out and got a former All Star PF with an injury history to join a young core. They have a ways to go.

East

1-Miami
2-Chicago
3-Boston
4-New York
5-Orlando(if Dwight stays)
6-Philly
7-Atlanta
8-Indiana

*New Jersey replaces Orlando if they land Dwight

West

1-Dallas
2-OKC
3-LAL
4-San Antonio
5-LAC
6-Memphis
7-Portland
8-Golden State

Round 1 East:

Miami
Chicago
Philly
New York

Round 1 West:

Dallas
OKC
LAL
LAC

ECSF:

Miami
Chicago

WCSF:

Dallas
LAL

ECF:

Miami

WCF:

LAL

NBA Champions:

Miami

knicks=love
12-19-2011, 07:23 PM
:sigh:

The sixers and the knicks split the season series 2-2 last year, and one of the Knicks wins was a Carmelo game winning shot (aka a very tight game). The Sixers have a much deeper roster than NY, and are bringing everyone back with a year of chemistry which will definitely help in this shortened season as opposed to the Knicks having to deal with chemistry issues with 3 new main pieces added to the Melo, Stat, Fields core (Bibby, Davis, Chandler).

The Sixers are a much better defensive team than NYK even with the addition of Chandler, who is better suited as a good compliment to an already defensively good team, not the only defender on a bad team. Poor Chandler will have players attacking him night in and night out because of the matador defense that Bibby, Davis, Melo and Amare all play. Added that he doesn't have a serviceable backup like he did in Dallas, and the season requires many back to back games, don't be shocked to see that pickup not end up as great as you think. Obviously Melo and Amare are great offensively, But Iguodala is a premier wing defender, and Brand more than held his own last year.

Added that the rest of the team consisting of Jrue, Lou Will, Jodie Meeks, Evan Turner, Thad Young, Hawes all being young and gelling over the last year and a half, with Coach Collins I can definitely see them challenging for a 4-5 seed this season.

Life isn't just about PPG.

i'm not saying the sixers aren't bad. they're a very underrated team, but i don't think they're better than the knicks, all homerism aside. the sixers will make the playoffs, but not ahead of the knicks. no way.

Blah Blah Blah
12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
WEST
Thunder
Mavericks
Lakers
Grizzlies
Clippers
Spurs
Blazers
Rockets

EAST
Heat
Bulls
Celtics
76ers
Orlando (assuming DH12's head is still in it)
Knicks
Pacers
Nets

before anyone gets upset over this...this is all opinion.

Baller1
12-19-2011, 07:28 PM
1. OKC
2. Dallas
3. LAL
4. Memphis
5. LAC
6. SA
7. Portland
8. Denver

1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. Boston
4. New York
5. Philly
6. Indiana
7. Atlanta
8. Milwaukee

OKC over Denver
Dallas over Portland
SA over LAL
Memphis over LAC

Miami over Milwaukee
Chicago over Atlanta
Boston over Indiana
New York over Philly

OKC over SA
Dallas over Memphis

Miami over New York
Boston over Chicago

OKC over Dallas
Miami over Boston

Miami over OKC in 6

pd7631
12-19-2011, 07:33 PM
i'm not saying the sixers aren't bad. they're a very underrated team, but i don't think they're better than the knicks, all homerism aside. the sixers will make the playoffs, but not ahead of the knicks. no way.

The contrast between the teams is very interesting.

Offense vs. Defense

Star power vs. Depth

The teams are put together very differently, but I think they're very even. I think the Sixers are still a little too young to pass the Knicks and the experience of their star players this year, but as Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner gain some more experience the gap will close.

LTBaByyy
12-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Lakers arent going anywhere with that bench

But will def finish top 4 in west

NYYCowboys
12-19-2011, 08:22 PM
East

1.Miami
2.Chicago
3.New York
4.Indiana
5.Philadelphia