PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavericks to sign Sean Williams, where does Dalembert end up?

LTBaByyy
12-19-2011, 05:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4682204/sources-mavericks-to-sign-sean-williams

I think he will be solid with the Mavs, being a defensive athletic big

Maybe we will resurrect his career like Chandler

But the big question is where is Dalembert signing?

Nets/Raiders!
12-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Rockets.

Sean Williams will provide the shot blocking and athleticism Chandler provided. But Williams can't guard every NBA center like Chandler can. Williams is too weak, Dwight and Stoudemire Sh**** on this guy when I watched him with The Nets.

njnets
12-19-2011, 06:16 PM
williams also gets into foul trouble quickly. with that said though, he is on a team of veterans that should hopefully straighten him out. 2 former nets should give him a comfort level also.

Nets/Raiders!
12-19-2011, 06:18 PM
that was also one of his problems I forgot to mention ^

spreadeagle
12-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Sac for sure..they just canceled there deal with F.A center Chuck Hayse cause of a medical condition,makes sense he goes back now,he doesnt have many options and neither do they

AWC713
12-19-2011, 06:21 PM
rockets may just opt to sign chuck hayes since his deal was voided from the kings.

as a rockets fan id rather not dish out 7 mil to dalembert...rather save the cash

tmacmamba
12-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Samuel Dalmebert to the Kings on a one year deal.

sep11ie
12-19-2011, 06:27 PM
I'd love him for Houston on a 1 year deal.

arkanian215
12-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Sean is an affordable big body. My guess is that Dalembert wants a multiyear deal and Dallas refuses to use up valuable cap space for next off season. They're poised to add two players with large salaries.

DRose7
12-19-2011, 06:38 PM
NOOOO CUBAN NOOO :cry:

FriedTofuz
12-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Hes taking his talents to south beach to join the miami heat

GiantsSwaGG
12-19-2011, 07:21 PM
The Mavs are going to really miss Chandler. Williams is nowhere near Chandler, plus he has character issues!

S-Dot
12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
how's the money lookin for Miami, Boston, and Atlanta?

Can either of these teams afford him? They can all surely use him, especially if they plan on meeting Dwight at some point in the playoffs

BRICKCITYPIMP12
12-19-2011, 07:28 PM
williams?? the weedhead that was on the nets years back???

Dade County
12-19-2011, 07:34 PM
I hope teams keep offering him 1yr deals.... ( this will make him rethink the situation he is in )

All i have to say is....... Discounted!

Mr.B
12-21-2011, 12:57 AM
williams?? the weedhead that was on the nets years back???

You're thinking about Shawne Williams not Sean Williams. Sean Williams has had some troubles though off the court and was drafted by the Nets but Shawne Williams was crazy weedhead. He was on the Texas Legends (Mavs D-League team) last year and made the All-Star team. Hopefully his time in the D-League has humbled him a little and he can just focus on basketball. I don't expect much from him but if he can give the Mavs some decent minutes as the #3 center I'd be happy with that.

Vikingfan84
12-21-2011, 01:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4682204/sources-mavericks-to-sign-sean-williams

I think he will be solid with the Mavs, being a defensive athletic big

Maybe we will resurrect his career like Chandler

But the big question is where is Dalembert signing?
Tyson Chandlers career was resurrected long before he arrived in Dallas. When he played with Chris Paul is when his career resurrected.

seikou8
12-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Tyson Chandlers career was resurrected long before he arrived in Dallas. When he played with Chris Paul is when his career resurrected.

thankyou for saying the truth

thekmp211
12-21-2011, 01:13 AM
You're thinking about Shawne Williams not Sean Williams. Sean Williams has had some troubles though off the court and was drafted by the Nets but Shawne Williams was crazy weedhead. He was on the Texas Legends (Mavs D-League team) last year and made the All-Star team. Hopefully his time in the D-League has humbled him a little and he can just focus on basketball. I don't expect much from him but if he can give the Mavs some decent minutes as the #3 center I'd be happy with that.

i'm pretty sure sean had some marijuana related issues, too. not that i care. always loved his talent though so i'm hoping he can stay focused on the court.

edit: ah sean was dismissed from BC for possession.

Mr.B
12-21-2011, 01:24 AM
i'm pretty sure sean had some marijuana related issues, too. not that i care. always loved his talent though so i'm hoping he can stay focused on the court.

edit: ah sean was dismissed from BC for possession.

I read something about him smashing a register at a cell phone store in Colorado too. Yea hopefully he can stay focused this time around.

As for Cuban resurrecting Chandler's career, he actually kind of did. The reason New Orleans shipped him to Charlotte was because he couldn't stay healthy. He had gotten the tag of being injury prone and no one really wanted him. Being labled injury prone with a huge contract is not very desireable. When the Mavs traded for him everyone thought Cuban was dumb for taking on his contract. Most everyone thought he was done. After the season he had with the Mavs he no longer really has the injury prone lable and he now has an even bigger contract than when he got to Dallas. I'd say that's resurrecting his career. To be fair though, any team he would have signed with would have been able to say the same thing. Even if he had stayed with the Bobcats everyone would have seen that he was finally healthy and back to being the force he was a few years ago.

IDunknown
12-21-2011, 01:55 AM

It was Sean he used to be on the Nets and got caught with weed.Shawne was on the Pacers.