PDA

View Full Version : Which Team Got The Most For Their Star Player

Rapsjaysleafs
12-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Taking a look back at the last year or so, there have been some huge NBA stars being traded.

Utah Jazz
- Derrick Favors
- Devin Harris
- Enes Kanter
- 1st round protected pick from Golden State

Denver Nuggets
- Wilson Chandler
- Raymond Felton
- Danilo Gallinari
- Timofey Mozgov
- 1st Round pick from the nets (2014)

New Orleans Hornets
- Eric Gordon
- Chris Kaman
- Al-Farouq Aminu
- 1st Round pick from the Twolves

Who do you think got the best return on their star player?

There are some more pieces to the trade, but that is the main part.

Some trades also happened after (Felton for Miller and 1st round pick (Jordan Hamilton).

Vote for which team YOU think made out the best. That might mean right now, might mean next year.

In my opinion the Clippers made out the best. They not only got a young star in the making in gordon, they also got salary cap space, a decent and young SF and an unprotected 1st round pick. They are going to be a very good team in a few years.

What do you think?

Can someone please make a poll option with the 3 teams. I am unsure how to do this. Thanks.

Detroit's Time
12-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Jazz

LongIslandIcedZ
12-19-2011, 04:18 PM
Gotta wait and see what the T-Wolves pick ends up being, but I'll go with NO made out the best

Birdmannn
12-19-2011, 04:34 PM
I think NO definitely did. A very productive young asset in EJ, and a probable lottery pick thats unprotected.
Kind of funny considering CP3 has been on a decline the last few seasons.
Not a knock against Chris I love him and cant wait to see what he does with a dynamic player like Blake.

TylerSL
12-19-2011, 04:35 PM
New Orleans, easy. They got a stud in Eric Gordon, an underrated C in Kamen, Aminu who will be good player, and an unprotected pick. Seriously, New Orleans could have 2 top 5 picks next year, in a deep draft class.

TylerSL
12-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Utah also got a great haul. A great young 7-footer in Enes Kanter, an underrated PG in Devin Harris, and a stud in Favors. I think the 1st round pick will be high teens, low twenties, but this is a deep class.

Chi StateOfMind
12-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Nawlins did.

FriedTofuz
12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
I think they all got good deals. They all got young players with great potential and some proven scorers. They also recieved picks. THis is what teams like toronto and cleveland and phoneix should have done. That way, they wouldnt be losing their star for nothing and have to completly rebuild.