PDA

View Full Version : Fandom

DreamShake
12-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Okay, so me and my family are from Texas and live here. We're all Rockets fans, but my brother likes to root for the Mavs and Spurs also. I told him you can't root for a division rival, even if they're a team from Texas, which is his reasoning for liking them. Am I right or am I right?

smith&wesson
12-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Okay, so me and my family are from Texas and live here. We're all Rockets fans, but my brother likes to root for the Mavs and Spurs also. I told him you can't root for a division rival, even if they're a team from Texas, which is his reasoning for liking them. Am I right or am I right?

your wrong, you can cheer for who ever you want too.

smith&wesson
12-18-2011, 10:17 PM
i cheer for the raps and then knicks. same division but they are my favourite teams.

DragonJaii
12-18-2011, 10:17 PM
you should ask your mom.

Tanakid777
12-18-2011, 10:38 PM
I'm a Mavs fan, but I enjoy watching pretty much the whole league, and pull for both other Texas teams in the playoffs when they're not playing Dallas. So many fans appear unable to be fans without incorporating hate into their fandom. I'll happily watch the Spurs, Rockets, Heat, OKC, and basically anyone else and like it almost as much as I like watching Dallas. I'm more a fan of the game and its individual players than teams that aren't my team. This keeps the hate factor out, but I don't think this takes away from my Mavs fandom

Iodine
12-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Im a spurs/wiz fan who lives in western north carolina

Swashcuff
12-18-2011, 10:47 PM
I am a Chicago Cubs fan from Trinidad and Tobago who didn't mind seeing the Cardinals win the last WS. I am a sports fan before anything else. While there are teams I absolutely despise (like the Australian Cricket Team) for the most part really only root against another team when they are playing against my favourite team or can jeopardize my favourite team's chances of going forward.

DreamShake
12-18-2011, 10:55 PM
So you guys think it's okay to root for division rivals? I can see rooting for another team, but not a division rival.

DreamShake
12-18-2011, 10:56 PM
you should ask your mom.

Real mature, buddy.

Iodine
12-18-2011, 11:07 PM
I am a Chicago Cubs fan from Trinidad and Tobago who didn't mind seeing the Cardinals win the last WS. I am a sports fan before anything else. While there are teams I absolutely despise (like the Australian Cricket Team) for the most part really only root against another team when they are playing against my favourite team or can jeopardize my favourite team's chances of going forward.

Michael Clarke <3
:D

Swashcuff
12-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Michael Clarke <3
:D

:mad: