PDA

View Full Version : Knicks 'aggressively' pursuing Baron Davis

RLundi
12-18-2011, 01:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7362840/source-baron-davis-hopes-decide-new-team-dec-19

Many already think Baron Davis on the Knicks is a foregone conclusion and that has back 'injury' was just to scare birders off.

Line-up could be:

Davis
Fields
Melo
Stoudemire
Chandler

Not bad.

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Low risk High reward with this guy. Would be a good move, Not shocking after how bad TD looked today

S-Dot
12-18-2011, 01:31 AM
I'm a knick fan, but seeing as how BD is from LA, and Derek Fisher is currently on the Lakers' roster, why aren't the Lakers in more BD talks?

king4day
12-18-2011, 02:15 AM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/217637/Source_Knicks_Aggressively_Pursuing_Baron_Davis

Many already think Baron Davis on the Knicks is a foregone conclusion and that has back 'injury' was just to scare birders off.

Line-up could be:

Davis
Fields
Melo
Stoudemire
Chandler

Not bad.

In the future, when you go to those sites to find news, if you are going to link it, go to the official link first which is usually at the bottom. In this case:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7362840/source-baron-davis-hopes-decide-new-team-dec-19

I've edited the main post to add the official link.

On topic, I hear he's gonna be out a month regardless so I think his 'injury' was just made to be longer than it was.
I like the move but he's more of a scoring guard. I think Shumpert will be a better option for them. Even Bibby.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-18-2011, 02:33 AM
I have a strongly feeling the Los Angeles Lakers land Baron Davis. Amare's comment about the Knicks not really needing an injured guy like Davis was just ignorant.

last stand
12-18-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm a knick fan, but seeing as how BD is from LA, and Derek Fisher is currently on the Lakers' roster, why aren't the Lakers in more BD talks?

maybe they have another plan? maybe they are in talks with him? maybe they don't want him? maybe he doesn't want them?

who knows?

metswon69
12-18-2011, 02:58 AM
Might as well, even if he is injured he can play down the stretch for us if Bibby ends up looking like he did for the Heat last year.

FriedTofuz
12-18-2011, 03:00 AM
sorry knick fans, but you'll just have to try your luck with every other PG in the league.

meloman1592
12-18-2011, 03:04 AM
Davis will sign with the lakers, sorry knick fans, but you'll just have to try your luck with every other PG in the league.

LOL u figured this out how?

FriedTofuz
12-18-2011, 03:12 AM
LOL u figured this out how?

Well its not what i figured out, its what could make alot of sense for davis.

Why would davis want to sign with the lakers? Think of these sale pitches
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20163766&postcount=1

knicks_champ
12-18-2011, 03:41 AM
Well its not what i figured out, its what could make alot of sense for davis.

Why would davis want to sign with the lakers? Think of these sale pitches
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showpost.php?p=20163766&postcount=1

Knicks GM: Hey Davis ... Do you want to sign with the Knicks where you would likely start and pad ur stats up in this offense for a future contract?

Davis : *Nods.

Team*Chicago
12-18-2011, 03:44 AM
The Knicks are looking pretty stupid right now after they got rid of Chauncy Billups and trying to go after an inferior PG in Baron Davis that's more injury prone.

FlawlessVictory
12-18-2011, 05:21 AM
^^ How did you work that one out?

The couldnt of signed Chandler if they didnt get rid of Billups...

Davis would be great in Dantonis system imo

JuniorDRBX
12-18-2011, 05:34 AM
They need a PG with more experience and that can have a bigger impact throughout the year (even if from the bench/locker room if possible) and down the stretch. Bibby is ...okay. TD seems to be more of a bench guy, Shumpert (although I haven't seen him play) would PROBABLY need a guy like Davis to BETTER guide him throughout.
Yes, IMO, Baron seems like the one guy that is most available to get as he is battle tested and has had great success in the NBA. He is definitely a Low Risk - High Reward Option.

Cracka2HI!
12-18-2011, 05:38 AM
As a Clipper fan I'm still really high on Baron. He was really good for us. He'd be perfect on the Knicks. He is by far at his best in a wide open fast paced offense! He fits in defensively for sure LOL!

sintaks12
12-18-2011, 07:03 AM
The Knicks are looking pretty stupid right now after they got rid of Chauncy Billups and trying to go after an inferior PG in Baron Davis that's more injury prone.

Inferior? Why because he doesn't have a ring? Billups is a half court PG and can't get up and down the floor like BD can. If B-Diddy signs with NY, he will thrive in that type of offense. It suits his game better than Billups. Knicks won't miss Billups AT ALL.

Fresno
12-18-2011, 07:35 AM
If Baron is in shape conditioning-wise its a great pick-up.

Everybody forgets he is one of the best passers in the NBA and he is at his best in an uptempo offense making decisions on the fast break.

But like I said, he needs to be in basketball shape. The last 2 offseasons hes come in for the Clippers out of basketball shape from not working out in the offseason.

HouRealCoach
12-18-2011, 07:36 AM
Knicks NEED Baron at this point... He is great at being a mentor to youngsters as we saw with Ellis, Bledsoe, & Gordon. He could make the offense alot better. especially with the improvement of Melo in the halfcourt

Fresno
12-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Inferior? Why because he doesn't have a ring? Billups is a half court PG and can't get up and down the floor like BD can. If B-Diddy signs with NY, he will thrive in that type of offense. It suits his game better than Billups. Knicks won't miss Billups AT ALL.

This.

:clap::clap:

Knicks need a good veteran PG to run that offense. Cant trust Douglas or a rookie in Shumpert, let alone a slow washed up Bibby. Move Shumpert to SG and let Fields split minutes at SG & backup SF behind Melo.

I'd love to see how Baron works the Pick & Roll with Amare, because Baron & Blake on the Pick & Roll in LA was pretty fun to see. Baron is one of the best passers in the league and knows how to dish the ball. Amare is the ultimate Pick & Roll Man so it could be a serious combo.

John Walls Era
12-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Knicks NEED Baron at this point... He is great at being a mentor to youngsters as we saw with Ellis, Bledsoe, & Gordon. He could make the offense alot better. especially with the improvement of Melo in the halfcourt

Baron Davis deserves no credit there. Unless you mean turning them into ball hogging machines.

Kidding aside, this seems like a decent move.

Fresno
12-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Baron Davis deserves no credit there. Unless you mean turning them into ball hogging machines.

Kidding aside, this seems like a decent move.

Baron's never been a "ball hog" so thats on them for not listening to his advice on how to look for your shot as well as be a good teammate by dropping dimes to the open man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T0KwsgaxwQ

Look at some of the sick passes he was dishing out in Cleveland.:speechless:

Cant wait to see Amare or Chandler finishing one of those alley oops.

showtime24
12-18-2011, 07:44 AM

This :clap:

nycericanguy
12-18-2011, 10:17 AM
I have a strongly feeling the Los Angeles Lakers land Baron Davis. Amare's comment about the Knicks not really needing an injured guy like Davis was just ignorant.

Amare also said NY didn't need or want Melo.

LOl, why would he come out and say he wants Davis when NY is trying to build up TD's confidence. Thats not how you want to start a season by saying they need another PG, especially when Davis hadn't even cleared waivers.

How bad would it look for him to say they want Davis and then he doesnt clear, would be a huge slap in the face to TD.

SteBO
12-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Davis is good player, but I question his drive at this point.......Not only that, but he's pretty injury prone. Initially, waiving Chauncey was a good move but now it looks a move that could come back to bite the Knicks. We'll see, but hopefully for the Knicks sake Bibby doesn't stink up the joint like he did with the Heat and Toney Douglas improves if Baron doesn't sign with them.

AddiX
12-18-2011, 10:34 AM
For eberyone who keeps saying it was a bad move to get rid of bilups we had one shot at a big man and we took it. Don't know how anyone could fault us for that.

Ps, billups was out with Injuries 4 times last year from the time we got him to the playoffs.

Everyone seems to forget that.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-18-2011, 10:42 AM

:facepalm::facepalm:

bowdown27
12-18-2011, 10:42 AM
I like Chauncey but he did not fit in in the NYC. His style and he definitely did not wanna be here so I rather have bdidd running the point

lvlheaded
12-18-2011, 10:53 AM
I assume the Knicks will get this done as there has been talk for a while that BDiddy wants to be a Knick. In this system, with this team, he could have a great year

Bubba313
12-18-2011, 10:57 AM
I don't get why people are questioning his drive, the last time he's had motivation to play it was probably as a Warrior when they beat #1 seed Mavs. Since then, he went to LAC to team up with Elton Brand, got traded to the Cavs... Now he finally has a chance to play where he wants. I think he'll show up, and if not, who cares - we just get rid of him.

justinnum1
12-18-2011, 11:01 AM

:facepalm:

nycericanguy
12-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Davis is good player, but I question his drive at this point.......Not only that, but he's pretty injury prone. Initially, waiving Chauncey was a good move but now it looks a move that could come back to bite the Knicks. We'll see, but hopefully for the Knicks sake Bibby doesn't stink up the joint like he did with the Heat and Toney Douglas improves if Baron doesn't sign with them.

Shumpert looks like yet another Knick steal, i don't think they need Davis to be anything more than decent, and MSG should motivate him.

Billups was not going to be here past this year, he wasn't a great fit. Nash this summer would be a much better fit.

SteBO
12-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Shumpert looks like yet another Knick steal, i don't think they need Davis to be anything more than decent, and MSG should motivate him.

Billups was not going to be here past this year, he wasn't a great fit. Nash this summer would be a much better fit.
Without question Nash is a radical improvement. I'm unsure if he really wants to leave Phoenix at this point, even though he should. I watched Shumpert in college, and he's athletic as ****.

blahblahyoutoo
12-18-2011, 12:48 PM

They wouldn't have chandler if they didn't amnesty billups.

nycericanguy
12-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Without question Nash is a radical improvement. I'm unsure if he really wants to leave Phoenix at this point, even though he should. I watched Shumpert in college, and he's athletic as ****.

the knock on him was he couldn't shoot, but he seems to have an amazing work ethic, he's worked on his jumper and he looks like one of the best shooters on the team. his form is perfect and smooth.

tmacmamba
12-18-2011, 01:14 PM

Chauncey Billups was never a good fit with the Knicks. Lets say the Knicks didn't use the amnesty clause on him, They were still gonna let him go to make a run at Steve Nash and if they didn't amnetsy Mr.Big Shot they would be starting Jared Jeffries at center. Who would you rather have at center Jared Jeffries or Tyson Chandler? :eyebrow:

sixer04fan
12-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Davis would be a perfect fit for the Knicks defensive philosophy...

nystandup
12-18-2011, 01:31 PM
Davis would be a perfect fit for the Knicks defensive philosophy...

You must not have been paying attention to their new defensive philosophy then.
Hiring mike woodson to coach the d.

Sign tyson chandler to be the anchor in the middle. 3rd in defensive player of the year voting.

Draft shumpert for his defense. All ACC first team for defense...

Punk
12-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Baron Davis is a pretty good defender? I'm not sure why is there such a need for people to go out of their way to make comments like that.

If we end up with Baron and Arenas like reported then we upgrade Billups with those signings. Baron torched Chancey last season in the Cavs games.

utl768
12-18-2011, 01:39 PM
he fits in well since he plays no defense

trydvrs
12-18-2011, 05:22 PM
ESPN says he has committed to the Knicks:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7365817/baron-davis-new-york-knicks-agree-deal-sources-say

DragonJaii
12-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Davis will sign with the lakers, sorry knick fans, but you'll just have to try your luck with every other PG in the league.

:facepalm:

KnicksR4Real
12-18-2011, 05:28 PM
welcome