PDA

View Full Version : Stern "flat-out lied"

Supreme LA
12-18-2011, 12:12 AM
http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Source-NBA-commish-lied-about-failed-three-team-2409742.php?referer=twitter

ManRam
12-18-2011, 12:13 AM
I don't really care, because as the owner he ended up getting the better deal...and that's all that matters in the end as an owner.

It's ****** the NBA has to own the team...but it is what it is.

Khalifa21
12-18-2011, 12:14 AM
I don't really care, because as the owner he ended up getting the better deal...and that's all that matters in the end as an owner.

It's ****** the NBA has to own the team...but it is what it is.

This.

Lakers fans need to stop crying about it and move on.

jimbobjarree
12-18-2011, 12:16 AM
I dont think anyone cares mate

TopsyTurvy
12-18-2011, 12:16 AM
I see how 'conflict of interest' arguments may arise but Buss could have just as easily faced collusion charges if that deal went through and several minority owners of the Hornets (other NBA owners) cried foul.

These are systemic problems that arise when the league owns a team.

Wade>You
12-18-2011, 12:17 AM
People should care, integrity and ethics matter.

From the article

a person with direct knowledge of the process said Stern was informed throughout the process and the day of the trade before he refused to let it go through.

more

But according to two individuals with knowledge of the talks, Demps had assured Rockets general manager Daryl Morey and Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak throughout the day that Stern and other NBA officials had been given all the details of the deal and had signed off on it.

"He said that David was briefed and that it was a done deal," one of the individuals with knowledge of the talks said. "He (Demps) said multiple times that he briefed both of his local officials, (Hornets president) Hugh Webber and (Hornets chairman) Jac Sperling, and they and Dell at regular intervals were updating (NBA vice presidents) Stu Jackson and Joel Litvin and that they told David himself throughout the day. Also, Hugh and Jac, who were updating the league office, understood it to be a deal."

Iodine
12-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Im going to start skull****ing people who still ***** about this

Yes, its bad Stern has to act as the owner

Yes, he is the commish

But seriously do you think he enjoyed any of this?

shep33
12-18-2011, 12:22 AM

From the article

Im a Laker fan, and I'm still really upset. Not for being unable to get Cp3, but because we lost Odom as a result for essentially nothing.

The team getting lost in all of this is the Rockets

I saw an interview with Daryl Morey, and he declined to say anything because he was "under counsel" not to. He was upset though big time. This ruined Houston's offseason, because their plan was to get Gasol, which I believe would've cleared up cap space, then pick up Nene. The Rockets organization was furious at the whole thing

TopsyTurvy
12-18-2011, 12:29 AM
Im a Laker fan, and I'm still really upset. Not for being unable to get Cp3, but because we lost Odom as a result for essentially nothing.

I saw an interview with Daryl Morey, and he declined to say anything because he was "under counsel" not to. He was upset though big time. This ruined Houston's offseason, because their plan was to get Gasol, which I believe would've cleared up cap space, then pick up Nene. The Rockets organization was furious at the whole thing

The team may have lost Odom, but they gained a very large trade exemption and shed salary - hardly losing a player 'for nothing.'

shep33
12-18-2011, 12:32 AM
The team may have lost Odom, but they gained a very large trade exemption and shed salary - hardly losing a player 'for nothing.'

An 8.9 million dollar exception cannot replace the reigning 6th man of the year, and most versatile big in the NBA.

wjmoffatt
12-18-2011, 12:33 AM
or one, people that say "Lakers fans quit crying about it and get over it" why don't you actually go through something like this and then tell 'us' to get over it. until that does happen then in no disrespect, Shut the Hell up!

Iodine
12-18-2011, 12:38 AM

The cavs got a 13 mil trade exemption from lebron last year..........

CousinsEvansDUO
12-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Lakers always make unfair trades, Stern is a real man for stepping up for the NBA. Finally the lakers got what was coming to them.

NYtilIdie
12-18-2011, 12:40 AM
I dont think anyone cares mate

This. I don't give two s**ts about this anymore, get over it. CP3 is a Clipper and thats all there is to it, deal is over! Done! Move on and start focusing on the NBA season.

More-Than-Most
12-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Stern for Owner of the year

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2011, 12:49 AM
http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/article/Source-NBA-commish-lied-about-failed-three-team-2409742.php?referer=twitter

:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse:: horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::h orse::horse:

gaughan333
12-18-2011, 01:06 AM
The clipper's trade was better for the hornets? The only team that a right to ***** here should be the rockets

last stand
12-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Lakers always make unfair trades, Stern is a real man for stepping up for the NBA. Finally the lakers got what was coming to them.

lol maybe if the kings had an organization like the lakers they'd have some banners. oh well

"got whats coming to them" Lakers are putting money in about 25 teams pockets. stop whining about the evil Lakers. they are paying for 75% of the league to keep running

also for people who cry about "laker trades" why don't they remember that the lakers aren't holding guns to anyones head. they are negotiating like everyone else.

well run front offices find good deals. end of story. two teams had to agree to make a deal for every laker trade. not one

OutOfTHEBLUE
12-18-2011, 01:31 AM
As tired as I am of having to hear about this from other Lakers fans, I have to say that the general reaction in the NBA forum is pretty disturbing to me.

Essentially, a lot of you guys have no issue with this because "it's the Lakers", and "they got what was coming to them."

So, just like Stern, you are saying that it's ok for power to be abused so long as you dislike the team that gets the brunt of it.

That's weak...

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2011, 01:32 AM
The clipper's trade was better for the hornets? The only team that a right to ***** here should be the rockets

why if im the rockets Im so happy that crap trade didnt go thru. that would of been horrible for them

BKLYNpigeon
12-18-2011, 01:35 AM
nothing is going to change so who cares.

gatkins11
12-18-2011, 01:35 AM
This.

Lakers fans need to stop crying about it and move on.

Exactly.

Geargo Wallace
12-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Stern is a big fat poopy head!

Rego247
12-18-2011, 01:42 AM
Lol Laker fans.

Still butthurt are we?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 01:44 AM
Stern got them the better deal. The main thing that should matter.

Stern shouldn't be controlling an NBA team. But he does. There's nothing that could have been done about it.

FLWolvesFan
12-18-2011, 01:47 AM
It sounds like some of the Laker fans are still on vacation up north in Whine Country.

LakersMaster24
12-18-2011, 01:51 AM

Ooo a Kings fan...

Still butthurt over 2002?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 01:54 AM
Ooo a Kings fan...

Still butthurt over 2002?

WTH is this?

How immature can you get.

Geargo Wallace
12-18-2011, 01:55 AM
It sounds like some of the Laker fans are still on vacation up north in Whine Country.

You sir, are a mutha****in monsta. :clap:

sixer04fan
12-18-2011, 01:55 AM
No one cares anymore obviously... Figures that a Lakers fan would post this. Makes the whole fan base look like cry babies unfortunately.

Lakeshow24KB
12-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Stern is a c***-sucking vampire.

LakersMaster24
WTH is this?

How immature can you get.

You can go cry about it if you would like. :cry:

PS: Its a sports forum...trash talking is part of sports. Just saying.

ThunderousDemon

The Lakers don't force anyone to make trades, so don't blame us if we manage to get a better deal.Another thing I'm confused about is what exactly was coming to us?

Switch
12-18-2011, 01:58 AM
It is what it is.

And seriously? A Kings fan talking **** about the Lakers? :facepalm:

jezzyman05
12-18-2011, 01:59 AM
or one, people that say "Lakers fans quit crying about it and get over it" why don't you actually go through something like this and then tell 'us' to get over it. until that does happen then in no disrespect, Shut the Hell up!

I will tell you to shut the hell up............the Lakers are the last team that should be crying about anything, karma came back...... want to talk about jacked up....how about the Derek Fisher's .3 shot (a shot impossible to get off).....even the refs years later regret to count that shot......now you got a taste at what a kings fan had to go though in 2002 please Laker Fans cry me a ****ing river....

YOU LOST CP3 GET THE HELL OVER IT!!!!!!

THE ROCKETS SHOULD BE THE ONLY TEAM TO WHINE THEY GOT SCREWED

Cfrey
12-18-2011, 01:59 AM
Stern is in his waning years as commish anyway.

It was a ****ed up situation but nothing you can do about it at this point.

Geargo Wallace
12-18-2011, 02:00 AM
Stern is a c***-sucking vampire.

What's that sound? Oh, it's the world's smallest violin playing.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:00 AM
It is what it is.

You mean a Sacramento Queen's fan.:D

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:01 AM
I will tell you to shut the hell up............the Lakers are the last team that should be crying about anything, karma came back...... want to talk about jacked up....how about the Derek Fisher's .3 shot (a shot impossible to get off).....even the refs years later regret to count that shot......now you got a taste at what a kings fan had to go though in 2002 please Laker Fans cry me a ****ing river....

That fisher shot was legit, go look at the replay buddy.

LakersMaster24
12-18-2011, 02:01 AM

#1 It was .4. #2 Did you not watch the video? That shot was clearly good.

And whats up with people wishing the Lakers bad luck? Its like the whole universe was waiting for something bad to happen with the Lakers.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:02 AM
You can go cry about it if you would like. :cry:

PS: Its a sports forum...trash talking is part of sports. Just saying.

Talking trash is part of sports. We aren't playing sports though. Sports forum. Not playing sports.

sixer04fan
12-18-2011, 02:03 AM
It is what it is.

You mean a Sacramento Queen's fan.:D

Good one dude.

Geargo Wallace
12-18-2011, 02:04 AM
Lakers fans remind me of that spoiled brat who gets all of the cool toys. This time the brat got his toy taken away by his mother, and now he's crying on the floor having a tantrum. I WANT MY CHRIS PAUL!!!!!!!!!! MOMMY STERN, I HATE YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Lakers + Giants
12-18-2011, 02:05 AM
lol maybe if the kings had an organization like the lakers they'd have some banners. oh well

"got whats coming to them" Lakers are putting money in about 25 teams pockets. stop whining about the evil Lakers. they are paying for 75% of the league to keep running

also for people who cry about "laker trades" why don't they remember that the lakers aren't holding guns to anyones head. they are negotiating like everyone else.

well run front offices find good deals. end of story. two teams had to agree to make a deal for every laker trade. not one

:clap: & Owned!

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:05 AM
Lakers fans remind me of that spoiled brat who gets all of the cool toys. This time the brat got his toy taken away by his mother, and now he's crying on the floor having a tantrum. I WANT MY CHRIS PAUL!!!!!!!!!! MOMMY STERN, I HATE YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!

:bla:

jezzyman05
12-18-2011, 02:06 AM
That fisher shot was legit, go look at the replay buddy.

NO it wasn....... you can't get a half court pass and get a jumpshot off in .3 seconds it's impossible in fact there have been people who have studied it....and if you look at the reply the timer dint go off until he almost released the shot.........the head referee at the games even said they failed to accruately called the play....

LakersMaster24
12-18-2011, 02:07 AM
Talking trash is part of sports. We aren't playing sports though. Sports forum. Not playing sports.

We are still fans. Some of us have been with our team through ups and downs, and we are now passionate about them. In my opinion a true fan has the right to talk trash about a rival team (or a former rival).

It is part of being a sports fan.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:08 AM
NO it wasn....... you can't get a half court pass and get a jumpshot off in .3 seconds it's impossible in fact there have been people who have studied it....and if you look at the reply the timer dint go off until he almost released the shot.........the head referee at the games even said they failed to accruately called the play....

The shot was legit and that's that.:dance:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:09 AM
We are still fans. Some of us have been with our team through ups and downs, and we are now passionate about them. In my opinion a true fan has the right to talk trash about a rival team (or a former rival).

Being a sports fan means you get the privilege to be immature? Good luck with that.

LakersMaster24
12-18-2011, 02:10 AM

Again it was 0.4...not 0.3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoCwN3AxTXY

There is your proof.

jezzyman05
#1 It was .4. #2 Did you not watch the video? That shot was clearly good.

And whats up with people wishing the Lakers bad luck? Its like the whole universe was waiting for something bad to happen with the Lakers.

It is impossible to shot the ball in .3 sec do some homework buddy....

I don't wish any bad luck on the lakers,.....in fact being a CP3 fan I wanted him to go to LA Lakers ...one of the most maketable player in the league going to the most marketable team...it shoukd have happened and it didnt.......Im not going to ******** and say that I am not laughing in the inside because I am but I think wish any bad luck they have a good front office and a owner who is not afraid to spend can't hate on that

Geargo Wallace

Yeah, Lakers fans know a lot about the downs of being a fan...

"Oh no, we didn't make the playoffs this one year. Man, we only won 5 in 11 years? Oh no we have all of this money. Which superstar will we not miss out on signing, and which superstar of ours wont leave this year? hmmmmmmmm, Oh it's so tough being a Lakers fan these days."

LakersMaster24
12-18-2011, 02:11 AM
Being a sports fan means you get the privilege to be immature? Good luck with that.

Mother of God...this is a freaking SPORTS FORUM. We are not in some tea party or a business meeting...SPORTS FORUM! Stop taking everything up the ***.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:11 AM

If you were mature you wouldn't reply.

LakersMaster24
12-18-2011, 02:13 AM
Yeah, Lakers fans know a lot about the downs of being a fan...

"Oh no, we didn't make the playoffs this one year. Man, we only won 5 in 11 years? Oh no we have all of this money. Which superstar will we not miss out on signing, and which superstar of ours wont leave this year? hmmmmmmmm, Oh it's so tough being a Lakers fan these days."

That is the toughest part bud. It is like if you give a person 100$ every day, and then you give him 10$ the next, he will be upset.

Yes we are spoiled, and that is why even the smallest negatives seem very big to us.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:14 AM
Mother of God...this is a freaking SPORTS FORUM. We are not in some tea party or a business meeting...SPORTS FORUM! Stop taking everything up the ***.

:laugh2:

It's a sports forum. I wanna talk sports properly. I don't want to deal with idiots when I'm talking about sports. Talking to an idiot doesn't lead to anywhere. Just like right now.

FriedTofuz
12-18-2011, 02:14 AM
Lol Laker fans.

Still butthurt are we?

Not after we get dwight howard :)

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:15 AM
If you were mature you wouldn't reply.

A mature person wouldn't try to teach someone to act more mature about things?

Geargo Wallace
12-18-2011, 02:15 AM
That is the toughest part bud. It is like if you give a person 100$ every day, and then you give him 10$ the next, he will be upset.

Yes we are spoiled, and that is why even the smallest negatives seem very big to us.

and that's why we love to laugh at your "misfortunes."

FriedTofuz
12-18-2011, 02:16 AM
Why are people hating on laker fans so much. We' arent bulls fans here, whatsgoing on, we're not chanting KOBE MVP after every game where kobe's the leading scorer..

ThunderousDemon
A mature person wouldn't try to teach someone to act more mature about things?

You aren't mature so you're out of place in trying to lecture somebody in maturity.

LakersMaster24
:laugh2:

It's a sports forum. I wanna talk sports properly. I don't want to deal with idiots when I'm talking about sports. Talking to an idiot doesn't lead to anywhere. Just like right now.

Dude who do you think you are? :laugh:

In your opinion there shouldnt be any trash talk or "homerism" between fans of rival teams?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:17 AM
Dude who do you think you are? :laugh:

In your opinion there shouldnt be any trash talk or "homerism" between fans of rival teams?

I think I'm someone with more basketball knowledge than you.

I never said there shouldn't be. I said it doesn't do anyone any good doing so.

llemon

Stern earns a nice living as a professional liar.

Who would be surprised that he lied?

LakersMaster24
and that's why we love to laugh at your "misfortunes."

I accept the fact that we overstress stuff. I can see why you guys would laugh. Its all good :up:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:18 AM
You aren't mature so you're out of place in trying to lecture somebody in maturity.

Good one.

I've judged everything within the NBA more than fairly. A lot more mature than half the people on this site.

FriedTofuz
12-18-2011, 02:18 AM
Yeah yeah yeah, laugh at us because we couldnt get chris paul, it doesnt matter, he isnt the only person who would make our team better. Theres still a few players. We can change everything to get over the top with one good acquisition .

LakersMaster24
12-18-2011, 02:19 AM

Even if you have more basketball knowledge than me, so what? This doesnt make me an idiot what so ever.

There are many things in life, that dont do anything good but people still do them.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:20 AM

Arrogance doesn't go hand in hand with maturity.

avsman05
12-18-2011, 02:21 AM
All right boys and girls lets look at this logically. They called the field goal completed in time. Whether the clock started or not nothing you can do to change it. Laker fans saying they lost odom because of the trade makes no sense because the lakers have been trying to trade him since hes been there, long time coming. That trade just threw him over the edge.

Geargo Wallace
12-18-2011, 02:22 AM
I accept the fact that we overstress stuff. I can see why you guys would laugh. Its all good :up:

<3 I love you cuz it's fun to dislike you.

Just don't expect any sympathy from the rest of the non-privileged fans.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:22 AM
Even if you have more basketball knowledge than me, so what? This doesnt make me an idiot what so ever.

There are many things in life, that dont do anything good but people still do them.

It doesn't make you one, but acting like an idiot give me the impression you are an idiot. Most homers on this site act like idiots.

And they honestly have every right to do so. You can still be a homer if you want. I just tried to send the message that it was being immature and doesn't really do any good. You know what will happen if you guys go back and forth? A ban or warning. So clearly, being an immature homer isn't promoted on this site.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Arrogance doesn't go hand in hand with maturity.

My idol Kobe proved to me that you can be arrogant and be mature at the same time. I only follow in his footsteps.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:24 AM
16 Championships in total and 5 in the last 11 years.:dance:Yeah, I'm not mad:dance:Are.........................UMAD?:dance:

LakersMaster24
12-18-2011, 02:25 AM
It doesn't make you one, but acting like an idiot give me the impression you are an idiot. Most homers on this site act like idiots.

And they honestly have every right to do so. You can still be a homer if you want. I just tried to send the message that it was being immature and doesn't really do any good. You know what will happen if you guys go back and forth? A ban or warning. So clearly, being an immature homer isn't promoted on this site.

I was being a homer. Did I talk trash? Definetly.

If Raptors had any legitimate rivalries, you would better understand me right now.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:26 AM
My idol Kobe proved to me that you can be arrogant and be mature at the same time. I only follow in his footsteps.

:yawn::sleep:

Geargo Wallace
12-18-2011, 02:26 AM
16 Championships in total and 5 in the last 11 years.:dance:Yeah, I'm not mad:dance:Are.........................UMAD?:dance:

I'm actually kinda happy right now. You're amusing. It's like watching a ******** tiger at the zoo.

Rndy
12-18-2011, 02:27 AM
I'm on the fence about it NO GM is a ****ing moron who agreed to a terrible trade. Teams don't have the luxury of having David Stern deny trades so they can get better deals. But Stern needs to get NO bought and it would have been hard to sell that team that has no future.

Raps18-19 Champ

I'm not mad actually.

I've never been much offended from trolling like that. It also doesn't do anything good on this site.

ThunderousDemon
I'm actually kinda happy right now. You're amusing. It's like watching a ******** tiger at the zoo.

:dance:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:28 AM
I was being a homer. Did I talk trash? Definetly.

If Raptors had any legitimate rivalries, you would better understand me right now.

Even if they did, I wouldn't know actually.

If I would try to prove a point to another team, I surely wouldn't troll. It doesn't get me anywhere.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-18-2011, 02:30 AM
Whether it was the Collective Bargaining Agreement Negotiations or this 3-way trade, there is one common thing about both of these things....DAVID STERN FAILED TO NEGOTIATE IN GOOD FAITH IN BOTH INSTANCES! What a crap *** and poor excuse of a commissioner for any sport!

FriedTofuz
12-18-2011, 02:30 AM
I see where some fans are coming from. laker fans shouldnt be so upset over sterns decision. As the owner of his team, he has the right to chose the best deal available. IN the end, he got a better deal, why should I be mad? Im mad because mitch traded lamar odom for a bag of chips, and we couldnt get dwight. If the lakers trade one of my good players, id expect something good in return. Lets face it, kevin martin/goran dragic/luis scola for chris paul? not such an appealing offer to me. Specially since none of them are all stars. But hold back on hating and sterotypicalizing laker fans. Sure we missed out on paul, but we're not sad and cutting ourselves. 5 Championships in the last 11 years. Yes theyre are teams less fortunate than us, but youo have to understand why we're mostly mad. We're mad because lamar was traded for nothing. IF he was traded and we got paul/howard, I wouldnt be mad.

Geargo Wallace
12-18-2011, 02:31 AM
:dance:

Did you learn that in dance class? I envy you.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:32 AM
:yawn::sleep:

It's only the truth. :shrug:

USMCLaker
12-18-2011, 02:33 AM
This seriously should just be in the Laker forum it has no place here.

Really, think about it: He vetoed the trade because a big part of the lockout was to prevent big market teams from monopolizing the market on superstar talent. What bigger market is there than the Lakers and the league is made up of small market teams as well as this forum is made up of small market fans. Why would they care about the enemy getting screwed. I really can understand why they would consider this trolling.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:34 AM
Did you learn that in dance class? I envy you.

:dance: Thanks.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:36 AM
It's only the truth. :shrug:

I would have thought maybe Vince Carter would be your idol not kobe.

Rndy
12-18-2011, 02:38 AM
Lakers fans should be pissed they got screwed over. They got a moron GM to do a trade and then Stern stepped in. Stern did the right thing and did what he had to do. Still Lakers should be pissed though.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:38 AM
I would have thought maybe Vince Carter would be your idol not kobe.

Meh. Vince isn't as cool as Kobe.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:40 AM
Meh. Vince isn't as cool as Kobe.

I bet you like Chris Bosh the most.

Geargo Wallace
12-18-2011, 02:41 AM
:dance: Thanks.

You're like a James Brown, with no flava.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:41 AM
You're like a James Brown, with no flava.

Thanks, I try.:dance:

Geargo Wallace
12-18-2011, 02:43 AM
LOL Kobe is not a cool dude. He's a huge twat.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:43 AM
I bet you like Chris Bosh the most.

Nah.

You weren't around last season but I said something within the lines of "If Bosh doesn't stay in Toronto, I'll suck on everyone's piece on this site". Bosh screwed me over and I had to eat nonstop for weeks.

So no, I don't like Bosh.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:46 AM
LOL Kobe is not a cool dude. He's a huge twat.

Kobe is the logo of coolness. He's not as cool as Tim Tebow though. Making Tim Tebow the logo of coolness is an insult to Tebow's greatness.

homestarunner93
12-18-2011, 02:46 AM
Will Lakers fans ever stop whining when they don't get their way? Doubtful.

FriedTofuz
12-18-2011, 02:47 AM
I see where some fans are coming from. laker fans shouldnt be so upset over sterns decision. As the owner of his team, he has the right to chose the best deal available. IN the end, he got a better deal, why should I be mad? Im mad because mitch traded lamar odom for a bag of chips, and we couldnt get dwight. If the lakers trade one of my good players, id expect something good in return. Lets face it, kevin martin/goran dragic/luis scola for chris paul? not such an appealing offer to me. Specially since none of them are all stars. But hold back on hating and sterotypicalizing laker fans. Sure we missed out on paul, but we're not sad and cutting ourselves. 5 Championships in the last 11 years. Yes theyre are teams less fortunate than us, but youo have to understand why we're mostly mad. We're mad because lamar was traded for nothing. IF he was traded and we got paul/howard, I wouldnt be mad.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:47 AM
Nah.

You weren't around last season but I said something within the lines of "If Bosh doesn't stay in Toronto, I'll suck on everyone's piece on this site". Bosh screwed me over and I had to eat nonstop for weeks.

I bet you like these players:Jamaal Magloire, Anthony Carter, Aaron Gray, Rasual Butler.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:49 AM
I bet you like these players:Jamaal Magloire, Anthony Carter, Aaron Gray, Rasual Butler.

Why wouldn't I?

They'll give us a better chance at the top pick.

ThunderousDemon
Will Lakers fans ever stop whining when they don't get their way? Doubtful.

If you're doubtful, then why did you even bother to ask the question.

Wade>You
Nah.

lol I remember that. :D

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:50 AM
Why wouldn't I?

They'll give us a better chance at the top pick.

You should know by now that the top picks will go to the Hornets.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:51 AM
lol I remember that. :D

If I remember correctly, you were first in line.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:52 AM
You should know by now that the top picks will go to the Hornets.

Would Stern really pull the same trick twice in a row? He's a smarter man than that.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:53 AM
If you're doubtful, then why did you even bother to ask the question.

I'm not to sure and you shouldn't hold me on this. But maybe it's his way of taking a shot at them. That's only a guess. So don't hold me out on it.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:54 AM
Would Stern really pull the same trick twice in a row? He's a smarter man than that.

Come on now, you've probably seen the video in which the Knicks got the first pick to get Patrick Ewing.

thedon01
12-18-2011, 02:55 AM
Had Gilbert never said anything to Stern the deal would have went through and Chris Paul would be a Laker as of right now. Call it whatever you want to the public, "basketball reasons", or "better deal", but Stern tried to cover his tracks with idea that the "basketball reasons" = "better deal". The "better deal" excuse was just a ploy to shift attention away from Gilbert's whining. The "better deal" excuse was used extensively in the Clipper talks to deliberately save face with the Laker debacle.

Bottom line, Gilbert and other owners didn't want the Lakers to improve and wanted to punish big market teams for the situation with Lebron and Bosh in Miami. Where was Gilbert in the Clipper deal? No where, because he didn't care about the Clippers improving, he cared about the Lakers.

There's enough evidence to prove it, and every Laker fan should be disgusted and pissed off. Their team and their future got screwed unjust fully. The Lakers deserve some form of compensation.

Wade>You
12-18-2011, 02:55 AM
If I remember correctly, you were first in line.I was talking about the bet you had on your sig. Sick dude, sick.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 02:56 AM
I'm not to sure and you shouldn't hold me on this. But maybe it's his way of taking a shot at them. That's only a guess. So don't hold me out on it.

He sure didn't put any effort into it, it was a wasted opportunity IMO.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:57 AM
Come on now, you've probably seen the video in which the Knicks got the first pick to get Patrick Ewing.

I asked if he'd rig it so obviously in back to back years. Not if it is fixed or not.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 02:59 AM
I was talking about the bet you had on your sig. Sick dude, sick.

It's cold in Canada, but I'm not sick yet.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 03:00 AM
I asked if he'd rig it so obviously in back to back years. Not if it is fixed or not.

He gave his BABY Dan Gilbert the the first and fourth picks after they lost Lebron.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 03:01 AM
He sure didn't put any effort into it, it was a wasted opportunity IMO.

Homestar is a blunt type of person. You'll see it in a lot of his post.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 03:02 AM
He gave his BABY Dan Gilbert the the first and fourth picks after they lost Lebron.

I know.

Which is why I'm asking if he'd really pull the exact same trick this year so the Hornets get #1. I'm sure he'd try to spice it up a bit. Maybe not the 1st and another pick but the 2nd and 3rd is something different.

lakersfan01
12-18-2011, 03:03 AM

From the article

more

Exactly. Someone with eyes, ears, and a brain. Anyone who refuses to see this is extremely ignorant or just plain hates the Lakers, or both. Laker envy will do that to people.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 03:04 AM
I know.

Which is why I'm asking if he'd really pull the exact same trick this year so the Hornets get #1. I'm sure he'd try to spice it up a bit. Maybe not the 1st and another pick but the 2nd and 3rd is something different.

If the Hornets get any picks in the top 5 then we'll know for sure.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 03:07 AM
If the Hornets get any picks in the top 5 then we'll know for sure.

Well if the Hornets or Wolves get within the top 5 worst records in the NBA, what will be the circumstance?

FriedTofuz
12-18-2011, 03:08 AM
raps champ, you've really been going at it with laker fans in this same thread for a while now, dont you think it may be time to be the better person and not carry out an argument?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 03:10 AM
Exactly. Someone with eyes, ears, and a brain. Anyone who refuses to see this is extremely ignorant or just plain hates the Lakers, or both. Laker envy will do that to people.

Huh?

Stern acted as an owner and tried to do what's best for the team. Albeit, he shouldn't be in control of the team, but there was nothing that could be done about that.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 03:12 AM
raps champ, you've really been going at it with laker fans in this same thread for a while now, dont you think it may be time to be the better person and not carry out an argument?

I wasn't arguing. I was trying to see how far his point goes.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 03:14 AM
Huh?

Stern acted as an owner and tried to do what's best for the team. Albeit, he shouldn't be in control of the team, but there was nothing that could be done about that.

That is why they have a GM Dell Demps, so there wouldn't be a conflict of interest.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 03:18 AM
That is why they have a GM Dell Demps, so there wouldn't be a conflict of interest.

But when your GM conflicts with the sale of the team, you need to step in. From a relative standpoint, the owner oversees and has power over the team at the end of the day. Stern did something within what is fair of an owner.

I'd think potential owners would prefer the team now over the team that would have been if the HOU-LAL deal occurred.

Fayzon10
12-18-2011, 03:19 AM
Lakers always make unfair trades, Stern is a real man for stepping up for the NBA. Finally the lakers got what was coming to them. I usually just read most posts and don't respond too often but whats the unfair trade that everybody keeps bringing up? Do they mean the one with Memphis for Gasol where Memphis got Kwame's expiring contract and the younger more physical Marc Gasol who they just resigned to a max deal? Is that the unfair trade people keep talking about?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 03:22 AM
I usually just read most posts and don't respond too often but whats the unfair trade that everybody keeps bringing up? Do they mean the one with Memphis for Gasol where Memphis got Kwame's expiring contract and the younger more physical Marc Gasol who they just resigned to a max deal? Is that the unfair trade people keep talking about?

He probably is talking about the Gasol deal. He's looking at in it in a sense that it got the Lakers the title. Something that isn't really fair. But looking at it now, the deal doesn't look too bad. It reminds me of the Clippers deal. They got an expiring, a young piece and a pick. Only it's better pieces involved this time.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 03:22 AM
But when your GM conflicts with the sale of the team, you need to step in. From a relative standpoint, the owner oversees and has power over the team at the end of the day. Stern did something within what is fair of an owner.

I'd think potential owners would prefer the team now over the team that would have been if the HOU-LAL deal occurred.

Stern should have never been acting as the owner as he answers to the NBA owners so naturally there would be a conflict of interest, so they would have the President and GM of the Hornets to make the decisions, but apparently the GM and president don't have any power at all so why even employ them.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 03:29 AM
Stern should have never been acting as the owner as he answers to the NBA owners so naturally there would be a conflict of interest, so they would have the President and GM of the Hornets to make the decisions, but apparently the GM and president don't have any power at all so why even employ them.

Like I said, as stupid as it is the NBA owning the Hornets, there was no other alternative. Majority here knows the Clippers deal is better.

The only people I see complaining are Lakers fans. And they agree they are hurt and angry so they complain. I've seen a lot say that the Clippers deal is better yet complain anyways.

I completely refuse to side with those complaining because they are angry they got their deal denied because Stern wanted a better deal and got it.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 03:31 AM
Like I said, as stupid as it is the NBA owning the Hornets, there was no other alternative. Majority here knows the Clippers deal is better.

The only people I see complaining are Lakers fans. And they agree they are hurt and angry so they complain. I've seen a lot say that the Clippers deal is better yet complain anyways.

I completely refuse to side with those complaining because they are angry they got their deal denied because Stern wanted a better deal and got it.

The Clippers deal was better on paper but in reality we all know that there is a small chance that the center piece in the trade, Gordon will sign an extension so the Hornets will lose big time again.

FriedTofuz
12-18-2011, 03:34 AM
I wasn't arguing. I was trying to see how far his point goes.

raps champ, you've really been going at it with laker fans in this same thread for a while now, dont you think it may be time to be the better person and not carry out an argument, afterall.. its been 2 hours now :confused:

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 03:37 AM
The Clippers deal was better on paper but in reality we all know that there is a small chance that the center piece in the trade, Gordon will sign an extension so the Hornets will lose big time again.

Give the guy the benefit of the doubt. If he resigns, then what? Surely, the NBA forum will still see more threads as to reasons why the LAL-HOU deal was better.

I also really don't think it would be better receiving aging veterans with deteriorating talent and large contract. And it's not like anyone would give up a young piece or pick for Scola, Martin or Odom in their 30's. In a "Not looking at it on paper" standpoint, it also doesn't favour the Hornets to do the LAL-HOU deal.

ThunderousDemon
12-18-2011, 03:39 AM
Your benefit of the doubt goes out the window, have you seen the picture of gordon, kaman, and the other guy.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 03:41 AM
raps champ, you've really been going at it with laker fans in this same thread for a while now, dont you think it may be time to be the better person and not carry out an argument, afterall.. its been 2 hours now :confused:

Well it's either I stop or we still see fans complaining. On other occasions, I'd probably stop. But it's worth trying to put some common sense into people. Then again, homerism, something that's been admitted by them, limits common sense to enter the brain.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 03:43 AM
Your benefit of the doubt goes out the window, have you seen the picture of gordon, kaman, and the other guy.

See this is what I mean. The fact that all possibilities aren't being considered is completely outrageous. Like I said, if he signs, what's the next excuse? Because we both know that there will still be people complaining. It'll never stop.

Team*Chicago
12-18-2011, 03:56 AM

:facepalm: Exactly what did Stern lie about? Or are you mad because the Lakers finally didn't screw anyone over in a trade for the 1st time because of the smart decision that Stern rejected the trade.

Avenged
12-18-2011, 04:20 AM
Most Laker fans don't really care that we didn't get Chris Paul. Our primary goal (for Laker fans) was to acquire Dwight Howard. It's the fact that Stern blocked a trade that was already agreed upon by the supposed GM of the Hornets, and the fact that we lost Odom because of it that upsets most of us. Sure we would have liked Paul (who wouldn't) but this was not a trade to be angry over just because we didn't get him considering we were giving up Pau Gasol as well.

naps
12-18-2011, 04:26 AM
I understand the Lakers fans are upset for not being able to land Chris Paul but they really need to get over with it. I mean seriously we have had enough threads already. Move on.

beans439
12-18-2011, 04:33 AM

haha, so let me get this straight...lakers make good business decisions as a franchise and because of that they deserved a slap in the face or "what was coming to them"? yeah okay, next ignorant comment please. If there were more franchises like the lakers the nba would be a better product but hey, got what was coming to them is much better. cant wait til the queens fail again and here the tears drop...

3ballbomber
12-18-2011, 04:50 AM

i wish more people wld agree w/ this.

Cano-Montero...
12-18-2011, 05:22 AM
Most Laker fans don't really care that we didn't get Chris Paul. Our primary goal (for Laker fans) was to acquire Dwight Howard. It's the fact that Stern blocked a trade that was already agreed upon by the supposed GM of the Hornets, and the fact that we lost Odom because of it that upsets most of us. Sure we would have liked Paul (who wouldn't) but this was not a trade to be angry over just because we didn't get him considering we were giving up Pau Gasol as well.

My point exactly...:)

Cano-Montero...
12-18-2011, 05:23 AM

From the article

more

Simple as this...

USMCLaker
12-18-2011, 05:29 AM
I think Stern is grreeaaat!!!

LakersIn5
12-18-2011, 05:58 AM

so its the lakers fault that they are able to make trades that benefits their team the most?

John Walls Era
12-18-2011, 06:07 AM
I actually do care about this. Not only did Stern **** up the Lakers (who no one cares about apparently on PSD), but they also messed up the Rockets as well. They screwed both those teams and basically got those players involved in the trade to be pissed off with their teams (see Odom) and also ruined their short term or long term future.

Stern is a sly one, I will always give him credit of that. I also give him some credit for the expanding interest of the NBA, but this was a very bizarre and asinine decision.

t2a2e9j12
12-18-2011, 06:59 AM
People should care, integrity and ethics matter

These are two things that left the majority of pro sports along time ago. There are numerous examples of this, if you think to yourself you can come up with many of them for all sports. So why is anyone really surprised it happened again.

USMCLaker
12-18-2011, 08:17 AM
David Stern: "Ethics, I love Ethics for Basketball Reasons. Their GRRRRRRReat!!!"

justinnum1
12-18-2011, 08:49 AM
stop crying

MickeyMgl
12-18-2011, 10:20 AM
I see how 'conflict of interest' arguments may arise but Buss could have just as easily faced collusion charges if that deal went through and several minority owners of the Hornets (other NBA owners) cried foul.

How do you figure that? Buss colluding by himself?

NBAfan4life
12-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Laker fans will be upset by this, Laker haters dont care, and here and there the neutral fan will find this really distasteful.

It was a ******** move, I kind of wish the Lakers would of waited a little bit before trading Odom. If we didn't lose him for nothing it would not of been such a big deal.

sharqstealth
12-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Stop being a crybaby. In the end, the Hornets got a better deal instead, and that's what an owner should look for... You've got to understand he acted as the owner of the team and not the commissioner. Nothing wrong with that!

Heatcheck
12-18-2011, 11:47 AM

aaaaawwwww...

This is why people dont care, grow up

besides the key in the article is this:
"Acting as the top executive of the Hornets, Stern would not allow Hornets general manager Dell Demps to complete the deal that would have sent Chris Paul to the Lakers and Gasol to the Rockets with Kevin Martin, Luis Scola and Goran Dragic going to New Orleans."

so someone says stern said it was ok and changed his mind, what a villain.

Heatcheck
12-18-2011, 11:49 AM
i wish more people wld agree w/ this.

its all based on info from a guy who knows a guy.

Heatcheck
12-18-2011, 11:52 AM

no, thats not WHY they have a GM, its to make basketball decisions for the owner who doesnt know jack about basketball, like in almost every other business. In this case the owner knew more, and it shows by the trade he was able to get them.

Hugbees
12-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Get over it dude, he did what was best for New Orleans. It wasn't as if both were close in value, the Clipper package was significantly better. That was his job, and boy did he do it.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 12:50 PM

See now there's a proper reason. And I see no problem with complaining about losing Odom. But complaining about Stern blocking it, I don't really buy since owner's have rejected many deals in the past before. This one just gets more publicity.

But when I see a good amount of the Lakers fans, I don't even see that explanation you just gave when I ask for a reason. All I see is, "Paul and Kobe would have killed the West and the Lakers would win not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4..." or "Stern hates the Lakers so they stopped them from getting another superstar".

IDB Josh M
12-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Alright, Laker fans are the hated fans. But what bout Houston? Houston got the short end of the stick simply because they were dealing with the lakers. I suppose everyone considers Houston a "big market team?" Well, the city is the biggest in Texas, so maybe there is some credence to that argument.

Take off your Laker hating goggles for a moment. The NBA vetoes a trade that sends CP3 to the Los Angeles Lakers ... but allow a trade that goes to the Los Angeles Clippers? Where is the anti-big market argument there? And there was no third team to take part in.

FNM BOY
12-18-2011, 01:36 PM
LOL...when I saw this thread I knew it was started by a Laker fan....get over it. Life is seasonal...its somebody else's time now.

utl768
12-18-2011, 01:44 PM
i hate the lakers but they got screwed

tmacmamba
12-18-2011, 02:07 PM
LOL...when I saw this thread I knew it was started by a Laker fan....get over it. Life is seasonal...its somebody else's time now.

So its okay that your Front Office gets punished because they can pull of deals like this? Its okay for rival Owners to intentionally sabotage the Lakers season? Are team morale is down, Are two best players are upset with management i think if your team got put in this scenario you'd be pretty mad too. Not to mention this hurts the NBA's credibility. At the end of the day if history shows us anything its that the Lakers will be back and I think Mitch/Jim are intent on getting Dwight Howard now more then ever to send the "Hornets Owners" a message.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/154104/CHARLES-BARKLEY-MIDDLE-FINGER-VIDEO-FLIPS-BIRD.jpg

A message like this ^^ :laugh2:

Tony_Starks
12-18-2011, 02:19 PM
People let their blind hating of Laker fans and jealousy over the Lakers consistent success make them miss the point. The majority of us DID NOT LIKE the CP3 deal. We were giving up two 7 footers for a pg and it would've taken away whats been the Lakers biggest asset during this run, skilled bigs with size and length causing matchup problems.

It's not about the trade at all its about the principle of shooting down a trade because you caved in to bitter, jealous owners and the repurcussions that followed. It's not about the Lakers its about the precident this sets about how the commish is doing business and the message this sends......

THE MTL
12-18-2011, 02:31 PM

I think the Rockets were stupid in this trade anyway. Giving up a 2012 first rounders (knicks), Kevin Martin (25ppg scorer), and Scola! Just for Pau Gasol.

boolish
12-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Stern lied? Welcome to "da club" David.

Heatcheck
12-18-2011, 03:11 PM
I think the Rockets were stupid in this trade anyway. Giving up a 2012 first rounders (knicks), Kevin Martin (25ppg scorer), and Scola! Just for Pau Gasol.

exactly, poor rockets who got saved from more of the same stupid *** decisions that have made most other teams in the league irrelevant and unwatchable.

quick question what was that lineup going to look like next year, no martin, no scola, no brooks, and no first round pick when they suck ***.

Chill_Will_24
12-18-2011, 03:36 PM

This draft is so deep that Stern can afford to give them the second or third pick and still land a superstar depending on who gets the prior picks. Drummond, Davis, Barnes, and a few others are all worth the first pick. Thats how deep this **** is. Stern knows what he is doing.

FLWolvesFan
12-18-2011, 06:48 PM
If the two seven footers and Odom are so great, then its in the Lakers best interest to keep them both. It's also highly unlikely Odom was so distraught that he "needed" to be traded. Get real, players, especially at that age, realize this is a business. He would have been content in LA. Sorry you all couldn't trade your aging borderline stars for a legitimate all-star in his prime but Stern did what was in the best interest of the Hornets.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-18-2011, 09:10 PM
This draft is so deep that Stern can afford to give them the second or third pick and still land a superstar depending on who gets the prior picks. Drummond, Davis, Barnes, and a few others are all worth the first pick. Thats how deep this **** is. Stern knows what he is doing.

That's what I said. They will get like the 2nd and 3rd or something.

That's why the Raptors will get the #1 this year.

iggypop123
12-18-2011, 09:15 PM
people hate stern but they hate the lakers more, hence why so many are on his side.

Aust
12-18-2011, 09:46 PM

I wish this thread wasn't started by a Laker fan, it makes us look whiny.

It's understandable that Laker fans are still mad, just as I occasionally see Kings fans still mad over 2002.
Although, all the posts I ever see from Kings fans in the NBA forum are either trolling or killing the Lakers.
Oh, and people seem to forget that Memphis got Marc Gasol out of the Pau trade.

Stern should step down, not just because of this, but because he's been Commish for over a quarter of a century. It's time for change

LOOTERX9
12-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Haha I'm happy stern screwed the lakers. I hate them anyways

ldawg
12-18-2011, 10:02 PM
David stern is a crook. As long as he in the office you will never see a fear basketball game. He gets stu Jackson and has staff to dictate games. David showed his hand this offseason. Many people however will play ignorant and go along with the dup ride because it does not affect them directly. You can feed people rubber and tell them its meat and guess what they will say its meat. WWF is fake is hell but guess what people know it but don't care its entertaining to them. Same apply here, Stern call them stupid and they don't even know it. Its ok because they hate the Lakers more and fail to see the big picture. Life goes on so will be fixed bball games and fake Mcdonald burgers. Not even ants like that ****.

n83417
12-18-2011, 10:23 PM
There is a reason teams hire a GM. Because 99% of the time, owners don't make good personnel decisions. They pay someone to make those choices for them. (Dell Demps)

These three teams spent a TON of time working out this trade. And it is a shame that they all worked out a trade that each GM thought was in the best interest of their team, only for it to be vetoed by the Commissioner of the NBA. It was understood that NBA execs would stay out of day to day/personnel decisions of the NO Hornets.

Whether or not you or a dozen owners of other NBA teams think the trade is not fair, should be irrelevant. The only opinions that should matter are the three GMs of the three teams involved. I think it is ridiculous that an NBA exec, who is supposedly a neutral party, has the authority to veto this, or any trade. So bad for business, bad for the NBA.

And to the people saying the Lakers make unfair trades... Who cares? Is it the Lakers' fault they make a trade proposal, and the other team accepts it? The Lakers should worry about improving the Lakers. If the deal was so bad for the other team(s), maybe they should just decline the trade.

This whole situation is ridiculous, and is going to leave a bad taste in my mouth as an NBA fan for a long time.

n83417
12-18-2011, 10:28 PM

But, it takes two to tango... or somethin like that...

The Lakers make moves in the best interest of the Lakers. If the other team is dumb enough to accept a lopsided trade, why is that the Lakers fault?

JasonJohnHorn
12-18-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm not even a Lakers fan and I was upset about it initially, but in the end, Stern did what was best for the Hornets. They will have a solid starting line up when the season rolls around (though no depth what-so-ever), and I expect them to be in better position to start re-building because of the deal he got. Bottom line: He acted the part of a good owner. Which is only fair to expect him to do.

Besides, when the Lakers are hoisting up a trophy this season they'll realize that NOT shipping out Gasol was the best move they've never made.

Only bad part of the deal was the rift that it caused between Lamar Odom and LA. The Lakers will miss him dearly, especially his chemistry with Gasol. Troy Murphy should help them coming off the bench if he's healthy.

Besides, we all know the Lakers are going to pick up Gilbert, trade for Howard, and win the next three championships, so this nixed trade will be in the rearview soon enough.

ldawg
12-18-2011, 10:30 PM
I always thought Bball was fake but Stern cleared that up. Its no dought BBall is fake under Stern.

n83417
12-18-2011, 10:34 PM
I'm not even a Lakers fan and I was upset about it initially, but in the end, Stern did what was best for the Hornets. They will have a solid starting line up when the season rolls around (though no depth what-so-ever), and I expect them to be in better position to start re-building because of the deal he got. Bottom line: He acted the part of a good owner. Which is only fair to expect him to do.

Besides, when the Lakers are hoisting up a trophy this season they'll realize that NOT shipping out Gasol was the best move they've never made.

Only bad part of the deal was the rift that it caused between Lamar Odom and LA. The Lakers will miss him dearly, especially his chemistry with Gasol. Troy Murphy should help them coming off the bench if he's healthy.

Besides, we all know the Lakers are going to pick up Gilbert, trade for Howard, and win the next three championships, so this nixed trade will be in the rearview soon enough.

I understand that, but fact is, Stern is NOT the owner of the Hornets. And it is not the rest of the NBA's fault that Demps jumped at the first "good" deal he came across. Sure the LAC deal was ultimately better for New Orleans, but that should not be for Stern to decide. That should be on Demps.

ldawg
12-18-2011, 10:44 PM

Besides, we all know the Lakers are going to pick up Gilbert, trade for Howard, and win the next three championships, so this nixed trade will be in the rearview soon enough.Sorry but that trade was not way better than the Huston trade. Gordon is a 5'3" sg, Kaman who lost his gig to a rookie, potential raw rookie pf and a 1st rnd pick. was not by far a better trade. Clippers gave up nothing IMO. They lost Three players who they will not miss and Hornets is a lock to win 10 games if that many. For Hornet fans what is there to be happy about in that trade? At least the Huston trade put them in class with the Hawks,GS,Sixers,Raptors that is watchable. The same Player Cuban was mad for going to NO he jump for joy to land him. I am sure you did not see him knocking down the door for Eric Gordon not a peep since. NO got a much better trade yeah right, They will suck for the next 5 years.

n83417
12-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Sorry but that trade was not way better than the Huston trade. Gordon is a 5'3" sg Kaman who lost his gig potential rookie pf and a 1st rnd pick. was not by far a better trade. Clippers gave up nothing IMO. They lost Three players who they will not miss and Hornets is a lock to win 10 games. As a Hornet fan what is there to be happy about that trade?

Because getting good young players with potential, a very good Center (in an era where a good center is hard to find) and solid draft picks is a better deal than older players making more money under contract for longer...

ne3xchamps
12-18-2011, 10:49 PM
:yawn: Honestly... who gives a ****?

Heatcheck
12-18-2011, 11:11 PM
David stern is a crook. As long as he in the office you will never see a fear basketball game. He gets stu Jackson and has staff to dictate games. David showed his hand this offseason. Many people however will play ignorant and go along with the dup ride because it does not affect them directly. You can feed people rubber and tell them its meat and guess what they will say its meat. WWF is fake is hell but guess what people know it but don't care its entertaining to them. Same apply here, Stern call them stupid and they don't even know it. Its ok because they hate the Lakers more and fail to see the big picture. Life goes on so will be fixed bball games and fake Mcdonald burgers. Not even ants like that ****.

huh?

I know grammar isnt the most important thing in a forum, but at least write coherent sentences when your accusing people of ignorance.

Heatcheck
12-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Sorry but that trade was not way better than the Huston trade. Gordon is a 5'3" sg, Kaman who lost his gig to a rookie, potential raw rookie pf and a 1st rnd pick. was not by far a better trade. Clippers gave up nothing IMO. They lost Three players who they will not miss and Hornets is a lock to win 10 games if that many. For Hornet fans what is there to be happy about in that trade? At least the Huston trade put them in class with the Hawks,GS,Sixers,Raptors that is watchable. The same Player Cuban was mad for going to NO he jump for joy to land him. I am sure you did not see him knocking down the door for Eric Gordon not a peep since. NO got a much better trade yeah right, They will suck for the next 5 years.

eric gordon is actually 6'3", which isnt exactly being 6'0", Kaman's 12 mil come off the books next year and that 1st rounder is likely a lottery pick in a very deep draft.

He's not knocking the door down for monta ellis, or tyreke evans either. whats your point?

ldawg
12-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Because getting good young players with potential, a very good Center (in an era where a good center is hard to find) and solid draft picks is a better deal than older players making more money under contract for longer...I guess sten will give NO #1 daft pick for basketball reasons? Anyway they have a center name Omeka and they were getting a first round pick as well. I agree the Mini pick will be better because they suck to. Mini did the same thing when the traded Garnet and still sucking strong. Potential is a boat load of crap 75% of it.

Jack
Gordon
Ariza
Carl
Omeka,Kman

is not by far better. in fact the bottom team looks better.

Jack,Dragic
K Martin
Ariza
Scola,Odom
Omeka,

ldawg
12-18-2011, 11:37 PM
huh?

I know grammar isnt the most important thing in a forum, but at least write coherent sentences when your accusing people of ignorance.I will guess u so smart and speak only english

Lancelot
12-18-2011, 11:51 PM
Yep. The better deal was executed. Move on lakerfans. Imagine if stern made all teams execute only intelligent deals.....pau would never have come to LA.

ldawg
12-19-2011, 05:17 AM
yep they got Eric Gordon. great move....lol

Heatcheck
12-19-2011, 09:35 AM
I will guess u so smart and speak only english

....i speak english and spanish, and stillcant understand u.

Rndy
12-19-2011, 10:06 AM
I guess sten will give NO #1 daft pick for basketball reasons? Anyway they have a center name Omeka and they were getting a first round pick as well. I agree the Mini pick will be better because they suck to. Mini did the same thing when the traded Garnet and still sucking strong. Potential is a boat load of crap 75% of it.

Jack
Gordon
Ariza
Carl
Omeka,Kman

is not by far better. in fact the bottom team looks better.

Jack,Dragic
K Martin
Ariza
Scola,Odom
Omeka,

Sure that team is good enough for a 7-8 seed for a few years. But it's not a good trade at all. If you're going to lose CP3 you need draft picks a few young players and you need a few losing years. I say the same thing about Dwight Lakers fans thinking Magic wants no Knees for Dwight makes me laugh. They want young players and draft picks because their going to tank for a few seasons.

ldawg
12-19-2011, 11:00 AM
....i speak english and spanish, and stillcant understand u. (speak english and spanish, and stillcant) what did the kettle say to the pot?

ldawg
12-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Sure that team is good enough for a 7-8 seed for a few years. But it's not a good trade at all. If you're going to lose CP3 you need draft picks a few young players and you need a few losing years. I say the same thing about Dwight Lakers fans thinking Magic wants no Knees for Dwight makes me laugh. They want young players and draft picks because their going to tank for a few seasons.Say what u want he is the best true center in the game behind Howard. Tell you what if he was on Bulls they beat the heat. If Drew was on heat they win the finals. Put Eric Gordon in Orlando with Howard would they still be a 1st round team, nothing is great about that trade its just ok. They will still suck for aleast 4 more years. Everyone call Pau to La a dumb trade well if that was a dumb trade this one right next to it.

ldawg
12-19-2011, 12:21 PM
The issue is not how good or bad the trade was, its the principle of it and the position stern holds.

The Final Boss
12-19-2011, 12:46 PM
This. I don't give two s**ts about this anymore, get over it. CP3 is a Clipper and thats all there is to it, deal is over! Done! Move on and start focusing on the NBA season.

Yes, you do. You opened the thread.:facepalm:

JNA17
12-19-2011, 12:50 PM
But seriously do you think he enjoyed any of this?

...Is that a trick question?

Supreme LA
12-19-2011, 12:55 PM
Yes, you do. You opened the thread.:facepalm:

No he didn't. I did. So :facepalm: to you.

I love when people fail at being smart ***** haha :p

Supreme LA
12-19-2011, 01:10 PM
So I pretty much posted this to gauge where PSD stood on the issue. So far it's been a pretty common theme. We have...

1) Laker Haters Who say "quit crying Laker fans and just get over it"

2) Laker fans Who are still bitter over having lost a disgruntled Lamar Odom to the Mavs for basically nothing. I don't think any Laker fan really wanted CP3 because any smart fan would know we were giving up too much in Pau & Odom, and it really was always our hope to land D12.

3) Neutral & empathetic fans Who actually care about the integrity of the league and understand the principles that were compromised.

4) Fans who wanna move on and just get the season started To whom I say that this is exactly what David Stern assumed would happen once the season started and it's exactly why I don't like for it to just pass.

But it's over now. Season starts in 6 days and I'm just happy we have basketball back. I won't ever forget what David Stern did and that's not to say it's only because it happened to my Lakers. His decision affected 3 teams in the league, and if it were any other 3 teams, I would feel the same way towards him.

I've expressed what I had to say and now we can move on. Close thread if you please.

Lancelot
12-19-2011, 01:17 PM
So I pretty much posted this to gauge where PSD stood on the issue. So far it's been a pretty common theme. We have...

1) Laker Haters Who say "quit crying Laker fans and just get over it"

2) Laker fans Who are still bitter over having lost a disgruntled Lamar Odom to the Mavs for basically nothing. I don't think any Laker fan really wanted CP3 because any smart fan would know we were giving up too much in Pau & Odom, and it really was always our hope to land D12.

3) Neutral & empathetic fans Who actually care about the integrity of the league and understand the principles that were compromised.

4) Fans who wanna move on and just get the season started To whom I say that this is exactly what David Stern assumed would happen once the season started and it's exactly why I don't like for it to just pass.

But it's over now. Season starts in 6 days and I'm just happy we have basketball back. I won't ever forget what David Stern did and that's not to say it's only because it happened to my Lakers. His decision affected 3 teams in the league, and if it were any other 3 teams, I would feel the same way towards him.

I've expressed what I had to say and now we can move on. Close thread if you please.

I'm in group 5) Fans who think this was a better deal from the clippers and thus made the hornets franchise more valuable. This serves the ownere of the team, ie the other 29 teams best.

The Final Boss
12-19-2011, 01:32 PM
No he didn't. I did. So :facepalm: to you.

I love when people fail at being smart ***** haha :p

I nvr said he started it, I said he opened it. As in.. opening it to read and post in it after saying he didn't care for it. I love when idiots fail to read through the lines.You fail on more levels than David Stern. Stop embarrassing yourself, Broseph. :facepalm:

Super.
12-19-2011, 01:51 PM
See signature.

Supreme LA
12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
I nvr said he started it, I said he opened it. As in.. opening it to read and post in it after saying he didn't care for it. I love when idiots fail to read through the lines.You fail on more levels than David Stern. Stop embarrassing yourself, Broseph. :facepalm:

Embarrassing myself?? You abbreviate "never" with "nvr" like a 14-year old girl and use the term "broseph"...you're definitely one to speak :facepalm:

Supreme LA
12-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm in group 5) Fans who think this was a better deal from the clippers and thus made the hornets franchise more valuable. This serves the ownere of the team, ie the other 29 teams best.

It didn't make the team any better or more competitive as the roster currently stands, but I guess you have an argument for them gaining youth.

The Final Boss
12-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Embarrassing myself?? You abbreviate "never" with "nvr" like a 14-year old girl and use the term "broseph"...you're definitely one to speak :facepalm:

My little brother warned me that sarcasm would fly over your head. I should have heeded his advice.

Lancelot
12-19-2011, 05:17 PM
It didn't make the team any better or more competitive as the roster currently stands, but I guess you have an argument for them gaining youth.

but it made their roster better than the lakers/rockets package did. IF I was bidding to buy the team, I'd want the clippers package. that's the bottom line. Stern saw that and executed it.

Klodom does not make a team more valuable to purchase. Young talent, expiring deals, picks do.

Heatcheck
12-19-2011, 05:49 PM
(speak english and spanish, and stillcant) what did the kettle say to the pot?

he said: yea your right, me not putting a space between still and cant is the same as that garble you write.

Supreme LA
12-19-2011, 07:59 PM
but it made their roster better than the lakers/rockets package did. IF I was bidding to buy the team, I'd want the clippers package. that's the bottom line. Stern saw that and executed it.

Klodom does not make a team more valuable to purchase. Young talent, expiring deals, picks do.

Didn't I just agree with you?

KingPosey
12-19-2011, 08:19 PM

That was not an unfair trade, you can argue the Clippers deal was better (I dont think so), but with all things considered, that trade was not unfair.

fresh prince
12-19-2011, 08:44 PM
An 8.9 million dollar exception cannot replace the reigning 6th man of the year, and most versatile big in the NBA.

True but it is not Sterns fault that Mitch / Jim made a bad deal by shipping Odom to our biggest Rival for cash. You can only blame Stern for the initial trade debacle. Not for the subsequent inept front office move. We didn't have to trade Odom to a conference Rival for "flexibility". It was just a dumb decision.

Lastly to those who say the Hornets got the better deal ..Please stop with the nonsense. The Lakers deal likely would have put the Hornets as a low seed playoff team for the next several years and 2 FIRST ROUND Picks one that would have been just outside the lottery.

Eric Gordon
Chris Kaman
Al-Farouq Aminu
Minnesota's 2012 first-round pick

vs.

Kevin Martin
Luis Scola
Lamar Odom
Rockets Pick 1st round pick
Lakers obtained 1st round pick

It's always better to win now than have a "bright future".

Deal 2 is clearly the better transaction IMO and even either way neither deal is head and shoulders superior to where it justifies Sterns shady shenanigans.

ldawg
12-19-2011, 11:38 PM
he said: yea your right, me not putting a space between still and cant is the same as that garble you write.:facepalm: the space is the simple error, your so smart yet you still don't get it. Give it a rest man...lol. don't call out folks master of garble if your **** is no better. Just do yourself the favor and stick to the topic.

Heatcheck
12-21-2011, 12:47 AM
no no, i DO get it, my **** is way better. I no know of what ju talkin.