PDA

View Full Version : Is Indiana more prepared to win a title than the Knicks?

Tebow15Time
12-17-2011, 10:41 PM
This is a thread involving the pacers nd knicks so obviously im talking about a hypothetical situation, but my question is, which one of these teams has a better chance or is more prepared to win a title? obviously we havent seen these teams play much so this is pretty much on paper, but lets examine:

Indiana Pacers NY Knicks

PG.Collison,George hill Bibby,douglas
SG.George,Jones ,stephenson Shumpert, fields
SF.Granger,lazaire Anthony,Harrelson
PF.West,hansborough Stoudemire,jefferies
C.Hibbert,foster Chandler, ?

on paper, the PG position, and shooting guard positions destory the knicks pg and sg positions

the knicks are the clear winners at the 3 and 4

the center position is pretty much a wash imo, chandler beats hibbert but not by much imo, and foster beats any imaginary backup center the knicks can come up with

the pacers have 14 million in free cap atm i believe, and have been looking at shooting guards since the lockout ended, making offers for crawford and trying to get mayo, so you can see they are concerned with not having enough scoring and i expect them to swing a deal for mayo or a kevin martin or someone at some point this season

they have a lockdown calibur defender at their 2, who would probably guard anthony, and will make it tough for him, but ultimately, you cant stop melo, only slow him down a bit

stoudemire is great, but knee injuries and his new back injury(these dont go away, ask steve nash why he doesnt sit on the bench during games)

west had a knee or acl injury last year, so i dont expect more than about 16 and 8 from him

chandler and hibbert are pretty much a wash in stats imo

in last years playoffs, the pacers nearly took the bulls to 6 or 7 i believe, while the knicks got swept by the senior citizens of the NBA(yea we know stat was injured, but really, when isnt he?)

the knicks have major holes at their point guard and entire bench, while the pacers have a pretty solid bench and are in need of a 2nd scorer behind granger

on paper, in a 7 game series, i would probably take the knicks, because they have two superstar calibur players, and the pacers only have an allstar, and david west

so my question to you is, who do you think is the better team heading into this season?

i think the knicks end up either the 3 or 4 in the east while the pacers make the 5 or 6

koreancabbage
12-17-2011, 10:43 PM
I like Indiana and how they went to build their team.

in a 7 game series, Indiana in 7

S-Dot
12-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Have to get my knicks a chance to play a game or two together before I make this prediction.

ZebraCity916
12-17-2011, 10:46 PM
That would be a good series. On paper, the Knicks kinda look better cause of their stars but I feel like everybody sleeps on the Pacers. I'm interested to watch both teams this year.

justinnum1
12-17-2011, 10:46 PM
I like Indiana and how they went to build their team.

in a 7 game series, Indiana in 7

I agree

Deemerc
12-17-2011, 10:48 PM
This is a joke right?

PacersForLife
12-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Last year, the Pacers won the season series and have improved as well as the Knicks have improved. I think it would be a lot closer than people think. Of course I'll homer it and say the Pacers would win in 7.

The biggest reason is definitely that the Pacers have solid depth at the PG and the Knicks clearly do not. Roy and Chandler would battle down low, would be pretty even defensively, but Roy is better offensively. Hansbrough scored 29 on them and 30 the next night in a back to back with the Knicks last year. I don't see why we couldn't win.

DragonJaii
12-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Last year, the Pacers won the season series and have improved as well as the Knicks have improved. I think it would be a lot closer than people think. Of course I'll homer it and say the Pacers would win in 7.

pacers won the season series last year?

rhymeratic
12-17-2011, 10:51 PM
I would put Sacramento higher than Indiana... that's how I feel about them.

NYMetros
12-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Knicks would win a 7 game series.

Hustla23
The Pacers have a damn good team and gave the #1 ranked Eastern Conference team a run for their money. Given their added additions, I definitely won't be sleeping on them this year.

That being said, I think the Knicks take it only because star power is much more apparent and probably the biggest difference maker in the playoffs. Knicks in 7 most likely.

Tebow15Time

no offense, but ur fanbase doesnt have much credibility when it comes to discussing basketball,imo, especially after that "the hornets will take shumpert and fields and turiaf +cash for paul"

and all that other nonsensical talk regarding shumpert being a defensve stopper after not even playing 1 nba game

bholly
12-17-2011, 10:57 PM

your feeling is flat out wrong.

DragonJaii
12-17-2011, 10:58 PM
i think new york would win, but would love to see indiana and philly battle it out.

ZebraCity916
12-17-2011, 10:58 PM

What's that even suppose to mean??

Punk
12-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Lol this is a thread?

TylerSL
12-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Its alot closer than most people will probably give it credit for. But I think Indiana is 1 star away from being serious contenders. Like if they could have done the McRoberts/Rush for Mayo they would be on par with the likes of Chicago and Boston. With the rosters they have now, in a 7 game series, Knicks in 7.

ball4reel
12-17-2011, 11:05 PM
Can we play a regular season game before the comparisons start?

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-17-2011, 11:06 PM
I like what the Pacers are doing but star power usually wins in the playoffs. It would be a fight tho.

allSUAVE
12-17-2011, 11:08 PM
This is why i cant take PSD Seriously

thenetslegend
12-17-2011, 11:10 PM
um..indiana doesnt have any stars on their team, theyre not winnig a thing

SINCESTARBURY25
12-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Geeze everyone hates the Knicks don't they... We could get Lebron Kobe Melo and Dwight and people would say the kings could beat us 130 to 80

Dolfan305
12-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Nether is ready to win a title right now IMO. But if I had to pick I'd go with the Knicks. Stars win in the NBA, and the Knicks have 2 of them. The Pacers have a good, deep team but they just don't have that franchise guy.

Dolfan305
12-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Just look at the past NBA champions. The only team I can remember that has won a title without a star is the Pistons in 04'. Besides that every team in the past 20+ years has had a star, franchise guy. Mavs with Dirk, Lakers with Kobe, Celtics with Garnett/pierce/allen, Heat with Wade, Lakers with Shaq, Spurs with Duncan, Bulls with Jordan etc.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-17-2011, 11:17 PM
I mean if your going by guards then Minnesota must be the world champs they have like 12

LOOTERX9
12-17-2011, 11:18 PM
Knicks in 5. Pacers have no star power. stars win in this league, there is no other way around it. Yall can say it's not bout the stars but yall will be dead wrong. Rarely teams with no stars win titles in nba. Pacers are a nice little team but are lacking that great player to go to in final minutes consistently

dtmagnet
12-17-2011, 11:20 PM
lol so much talk about "stars" and "star power" those things are meaningless, a TEAM will beat a star every time.

bklynny67
12-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Just look at the past NBA champions. The only team I can remember that has won a title without a star is the Pistons in 04'. Besides that every team in the past 20+ years has had a star, franchise guy. Mavs with Dirk, Lakers with Kobe, Celtics with Garnett/pierce/allen, Heat with Wade, Lakers with Shaq, Spurs with Duncan, Bulls with Jordan etc.

exactly!

i don't understand why people are talking about who would win in a playoff series. thats not the question. the question is who is better prepared to win a title. based on the last 20 yrs or so, the answer has to be the Knicks cuz they are adding star players while IND doesn't have any. and DET in 2004 is the only team to win without a star player in a VERY long time.

people just love hating the Knicks. they could have acquired CP3 to add to the star power with Melo, Amar'e, plus the addition of Chandler and there would still be a lot of people saying IND.

bklynny67
12-17-2011, 11:22 PM
lol so much talk about "stars" and "star power" those things are meaningless, a TEAM will beat a star every time.

really? look at the last 20 NBA Champions. how many teams have won a title without a superstar type player?

EDIT: actually i just looked back at all NBA champs and finals MVPs and u can see all the way back since 1982 there has been a superstar player that was on the champion team except 2004 DET. thats nearly 30 YEARS!!

but yea, you're right.. stars and star power is meaningless.

pejotabay13
12-17-2011, 11:23 PM
If they played eachother in a series it might me close, but the question posted was who is more prepared to win a title and this is a big difference. The answer is the Knicks. The Pacers could win a series in the playoffs, but once they got to the Bulls, Heat, Knicks, Celtics - they have 2 beat 2 of those teams and then would have to win in the finals against another likely star studded team. IMO, you need atleast 1 superstar, really 2 i think now in order to win a title. The Knicks could have Melo and Amare have a huge postseason and could pull out a title. Not saying they will, but it would be really hard for the Pacers to win 4 series without 1 real superstar. Although they have some very good players and depth, they wouldn't make it through the entire postseason IMO.

SINCESTARBURY25
Don't even say Dallas last time i checked Dirk counts

JordansBulls
Knicks are more prepared than the Pacers. You are talking about a 3 to 5 seed vs a 5 to 7 seed.

CousinsEvansDUO
12-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Wow you pacers fans are insane. A 6'10 SG will not win you a championship. Calm down, you're making fools out of yourself's by making these ridiculous statements and threads.

NYMetros
12-17-2011, 11:26 PM
really? look at the last 20 NBA Champions. how many teams have won a title without a superstar type player?

It's not just about star power though, otherwise the Heat would have won last year. The Mavs overall had a better team that complimented each other well and put it all together, the Heat didn't. Pretty sure just in terms of star power, Wade + LeBron > Dirk

UPRock
Lets see.

PG: Collison Vs. Bibby - Collison easily, no need to explain why.
SG: George Vs. Shumpert - I give a tie here, because both guys are similar, and we haven't seen much of Shumpert.
SF: Granger Vs. Anthony - Good matchup, Anthony is better offensively, and Granger is better defensively. Tie.
PF: West Vs. Stoudamire: Stoudamire here, because he's a much better scorer.
C: Hibbert Vs. Chandler - Tie. Hibbert is better Offensively, and Chandler's better defensively.

SINCESTARBURY25
wow you pacers fans are insane. A 6'10 sg will not win you a championship. Calm down, you're making fools out of yourself's by making these ridiculous statements and threads.

this exactly

PacersForLife
12-17-2011, 11:28 PM
Well if you look at teams who have won in years past they might have a star or two, but they also have depth. Something Indiana has and New York doesn't. You looks past Melo and Staudemire and what do you have? Chandler is a nice addition, but isn't gonna give you much from a scoring standpoint. The Knicks got beat just as bad or worse than the Pacers did in the playoffs last year and they got beat by an old Celtics team while we put up a good fight with the one seeded Bulls. We also did very well against the Knicks last year. Everybody keep under-estimating this team....

Punk
12-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Lol Seriously? I thought threads like these would have stopped when the Nuggets were "better suited to win a title than the Knicks"

The Knicks and Hawks are far ahead of the Pacers. The Pacers haven't even showed they can win a game in the playoffs properly. They will not withstand the pressure of a team with multiple stars.

SINCESTARBURY25
12-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Lets see.

SG: George Vs. Shumpert - I give a tie here, because both guys are similar, and we haven't seen much of Shumpert.
SF: Granger Vs. Anthony - Good matchup, Anthony is better offensively, and Granger is better defensively. Tie.
C: Hibbert Vs. Chandler - Tie. Hibbert is better Offensively, and Chandler's better defensively.

Amare eats West alive, and Melo is better than Granger. Bibby isn't our starting pg Toney Douglas is and I would make those two even. Chandler wins at center Defense triumphs Offense every time

bklynny67
12-17-2011, 11:30 PM
It's not just about star power though, otherwise the Heat would have won last year. The Mavs overall had a better team that complimented each other well and put it all together, the Heat didn't. Pretty sure just in terms of star power, Wade + LeBron > Dirk

but my point is teams that win championships have star players. its actually become a fact. sure they can be beaten in the finals, but most likely but another team who also has a star player. IND has none. NY has 2. therefore the answer to the question is NY is currently more prepared to win a title.

Hustla23
12-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Tell that to the refs. ;)

DaBUU
12-17-2011, 11:32 PM
all i have to say is I hope we don't have to deal with Indiana in the playoffs again, much rather play NY. NY has more talent, but the Pacers are a grimey and gritty team that will get down.

bklynny67
12-17-2011, 11:32 PM
lol at the guy that said Granger and Melo are a tie

Punk
12-17-2011, 11:35 PM
A team will beat a star? That explains why the Pacers beat the Bulls? Oh wait...

SINCESTARBURY25
12-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Anybody on the Knicks becomes severely underrated

UPRock
12-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Amare eats West alive, and Melo is better than Granger. Bibby isn't our starting pg Toney Douglas is and I would make those two even. Chandler wins at center Defense triumphs Offense every time

Indeed, Amare's better. Collison is better than both, Bibby and Douglas and we can debate both Anthony and Chandler Vs. Granger and Hibbert. Melo's a beast offensively but Granger is both, defensively and offensively so I don't know.

KnicksR4Real
12-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Are you kidding me? Look at our front court.

PacersForLife
12-17-2011, 11:38 PM
Lets see.

PG: Collison vs. Bibby: Collison by a huge margin, younger better passer/scorer.
SG: George vs. Shumpert: George is a great defender who is looking to use his scoring this year, don't know much about shumpert, but pretty sure George is much taller than Shumpert which will factor in.
SF: Granger vs. Melo: Melo is a better scorer, Granger can actually defend and is more of a 3 point shooter, even match up really.
PF: West vs. Stoudamire: West has yet to prove what he can do this year, if he returns to pre-injury status this matchup will be close, both are scoring PF's.
C: Hibbert vs. Chandler: Hibbert is more versatile and is also a better defender than given credit for, he was one of the better blockers the past few years.

Key Bench Players: George Hill: Better than any PG the Knicks have. Tyler Hansbrough: Lit up the Knicks in the regular season last year. Dahntay Jones: gritty defensive player and knows Melo's game because they played together in Denver.

You guys got Landry Fields and Toney Douglas and that is about it.

All you Knicks fans are too stubborn to notice any of these facts.

NYYCowboys
12-17-2011, 11:39 PM
Lets see.

:facepalm:

If the Pacers offered the Knicks Granger and Hibbert for Melo and Chandler (unless Zeke was still in charge) they would hang up the phone hysterically laughing.

bdizzle
12-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Melo and Granger are even and Amare and West are about even? This is news to me.

Pacer fans have taken the cake for most delusional fans.

Rego247
12-17-2011, 11:40 PM
Knicks.

PacersForLife
12-17-2011, 11:41 PM
Are you kidding me? Look at our front court.

Are you kidding me? David West/Tyler Hansbrough + Roy Hibbert/Jeff Foster> Amare Stoudamire + Tyson Chandler.

Who is gonna come off your bench and match what Hansbrough and Foster can do...? :eyebrow:

bklynny67
comparing position by position is no way to determine who's better... seriously, have u guys learned nothing by actually watching the NBA.

and seriously PacersForLife dude.... HUGE homer thinking that West vs Amar'e is close and Granger vs Melo is close.

UPRock

If the Pacers offered the Knicks Granger and Hibbert for Melo and Chandler (unless Zeke was still in charge) they would hang up the phone hysterically laughing.

Dude, its pretty even so I don't know what's wrong with you.

No, I don't see the Pacers trading a good young center in Hibbert for an Injury prone Chandler. I can see the Melo one tho.

bdizzle
12-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Are you kidding me? David West/Tyler Hansbrough + Roy Hibbert/Jeff Foster> Amare Stoudamire + Tyson Chandler.

Who is gonna come off your bench and match what Hansbrough and Foster can do...? :eyebrow:

Wait wait wait... So if you could trade west, hansbrough, hibbert, and jeff foster for amare and chandler, you wouldn't do it? get real...

Collison, George, Granger, Amare, and Chandler is a pretty sick starting five...

bklynny67
there is not a single GM in this league who would even consider trading Melo and Amar'e for Granger and West..... meanwhile IND fans think Melo vs Granger and Amar'e vs West are "close". BAHAHAHAHAHA

Punk
Yep. I'm not wasting my time on this thread. I believe in the Pacers, rooted for them but this is just bad basketball IQ all around.

The Pacers are going to be a Top 5 team but they will not make it past Chicago, Miami, New York. They can compete with Boston, Atlanta, Philly and whatever 8th seed makes it (Milwaukee, Toronto, etc)

PacersForLife

Ask any NBA GM if they would rather have Hibbert or Chandler and I bet 80% would say Hibbert. Better scorer, more potetnial. Chandler was never even considered very good until last year. Granger has proven to be on of the top scorers in the league, Melo is better at it, yes. Granger can actually defend though.

NYYCowboys
12-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Dude, its pretty even so I don't know what's wrong with you.

Honestly I always say the Pacers are a good team and everything but cmon man you're either not very smart, don't know much about basketball or are a complete homer (I think its the ladder). Melo and Granger is not close at all. Chandler is a top 3 defensive center in the NBA.

PrettyBoyJ
12-17-2011, 11:45 PM
When the pacers need a closer who are they going to rely on?

last stand
if hibbert becomes a top 5 center, granger returns to form, george becomes a force, and collison becomes a top 10 PG then yes they can be a good team

PacersForLife
Wait wait wait... So if you could trade west, hansbrough, hibbert, and jeff foster for amare and chandler, you wouldn't do it? get real...

Collison, George, Granger, Amare, and Chandler is a pretty sick starting five...

Knicks fans are full of themselves, eff no I would not do that deal, Chandler is severely overrated for what he did last year. Do you seem to forget what Hansbrough did to your team last year?

bdizzle
12-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Knicks fans are full of themselves, eff no I would not do that deal, Chandler is severely overrated for what he did last year. Do you seem to forget what Hansbrough did to your team last year?

Considering I'm a bulls fan, Yes I do. He lost.

Punk
Ask any NBA GM if they would rather have Hibbert or Chandler and I bet 80% would say Hibbert. Better scorer, more potetnial. Chandler was never even considered very good until last year. Granger has proven to be on of the top scorers in the league, Melo is better at it, yes. Granger can actually defend though.

:laugh:

I'm done. I am officially done. This is the most delusional post of all time.

NYYCowboys

The only reason any GM would want Hibbert over Chandler is if the future was concerned. The thread is who is better now and Chandler is better.

bdizzle
12-17-2011, 11:47 PM

You didn't hear? Paul George grew 2 inches.

PacersForLife
12-17-2011, 11:48 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a9UAkGuvaw

Anything else you want answered?

Edit: Notice how Melo wanted no part of that? Melo's lack of D hurts you.

Punk
12-17-2011, 11:48 PM

Not win a championship?

Hibbert looked like crap in the playoffs. He got owned by Noah plenty of times but hey, he's better than a top 3 defensive center.

And WE are full of our selves, folks.

bklynny67
12-17-2011, 11:49 PM
LAST 30 YEARS---ALL NBA CHAMPIONS EXCEPT 2004 DET HAVE HAD A STAR PLAYER

IND currently has none. NY currently has 2

The question in this thread is "who is more prepared to win a title?" The answer is the Knicks. No reason to discuss who would win in a playoff series. Answer the damn question. Its obvious the Knicks are currently more prepared to win a title. History shows it.

THE LAST 30 NBA CHAMPIONS! LOOK IT UP! YOU NEED STAR PLAYERS!

PacersForLife
12-17-2011, 11:50 PM
The only reason any GM would want Hibbert over Chandler is if the future was concerned. The thread is who is better now and Chandler is better.

You Knicks fans are stuck in your own littler world aren't you. Hibbert is actually a scoring threat, also blocks shot at a consistent rate. Hibbert is a better center.

DragonJaii
12-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Lets see.

i LOLED. yup caps lock.

UPRock
12-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Honestly I always say the Pacers are a good team and everything but cmon man you're either not very smart, don't know much about basketball or are a complete homer (I think its the ladder). Melo and Granger is not close at all. Chandler is a top 3 defensive center in the NBA.

I'm not even a Pacers fan, I'm just writing what I feel. Melo and Granger is
closer than what you think. Melo's a good scorer, heck one of the best in the league, but not a good defender. Granger is a scorer, but not as big as Melo, the difference is that Granger can defend. If you need Granger to score 30+ points he can do it, while making 2 blocks and steal. Same with Hibbert, he can play both defense and offense.

Granger? :eyebrow:.

PacersForLife
12-17-2011, 11:53 PM
Not win a championship?

Hibbert looked like crap in the playoffs. He got owned by Noah plenty of times but hey, he's better than a top 3 defensive center.

And WE are full of our selves, folks.

Your whole team looked like crap in the playoffs. Is Tyson Chandler Joakim Noah? I didn't think so.... Neither of our teams got out of the first round last year so stop using that as part of your argument, buddy.

DragonJaii
12-17-2011, 11:53 PM

btw, the next game you faced the knicks melo hit a game winner on granger + melo with a block on granger on the other end.. so.. yeah..

NYYCowboys
12-17-2011, 11:54 PM

Granger had his worst season by far statistically last year has a 17.72 PER compared to Melo's 23.56 and Amare's 24.59, placing them 10th and 8th in the league respectively. Granger was 65th.....

PacersForLife
12-17-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm not even a Pacers fan, I'm just writing what I feel. Melo and Granger is
closer than what you think. Melo's a good scorer, heck one of the best in the league, but not a good defender. Granger is a scorer, but not as big as Melo, the difference is that Granger can defend. If you need Granger to score 30+ points he can do it, while making 2 blocks and steal. Same with Hibbert, he can play both defense and offense.

Granger? :eyebrow:.

This guy knows what he is talking about. The lack of basketball IQ for some of you Knicks fans..... It's not all about scoring boys and girls, there is thing called defense.

Geargo Wallace
12-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Indy is one of those fringe teams that will battle you, but have no chance of contending. They're destined to lose to Miami, NY, Boston, or the Bulls. They kinda remind me of the Hawks.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRSMsJfGdNo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0jsuPaB9Io
Feel free to look at this evidence from last year. Facts> Opinion. I'm done here.

Geargo Wallace
12-18-2011, 12:07 AM
This guy knows what he is talking about. The lack of basketball IQ for some of you Knicks fans..... It's not all about scoring boys and girls, there is thing called defense.
lol that guy said a bunch of crap. I'm not a fan of either team btw.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:07 AM
Granger had his worst season by far statistically last year has a 17.72 PER compared to Melo's 23.56 and Amare's 24.59, placing them 10th and 8th in the league respectively. Granger was 65th.....

Because he actually had some help in the scoring department.

bklynny67
12-18-2011, 12:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRSMsJfGdNo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0jsuPaB9Io
Feel free to look at this evidence from last year. Facts> Opinion. I'm done here.

OMG the Pacers beat the Knicks last yr and Hansbrough had 2 great games. That means IND is currently more prepared to win an NBA title than the Knicks...

Bahahahahahaha..... u silly

Punk
12-18-2011, 12:11 AM
The funniest part is Pacer fans are convincing themselves this. Nobody else really cares or believes it. I'm done with this sad thread.

The video of Melo blocking the hell out of Granger's shot attempt was enough proof but Pacer fans know all.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:13 AM
The funniest part is Pacer fans are convincing themselves this. Nobody else really cares or believes it. I'm done with this sad thread.

The video of Melo blocking the hell out of Granger's shot attempt was enough proof but Pacer fans know all.

There are more Knicks fans on here clearly. I just stand up for my team, I don't care.

Hustla23
So, are Knicks fans and Pacers fans like PSD rivals now?

Yay, no more Bulls fans and Heat fans fighting in threads about the Blazers. We can share some of the action. :up:

thenetslegend
where did all the pacers fans come from? and why are they all huge homers?

KnicksR4Real

No. Carmelo Anthony, Amar'e Stoudemire, and Tyson Chandler.
vs.
Danny Granger, David West, and Roy Hibbert.

No way in hell do you guys win that.

NYYCowboys
12-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Because he actually had some help in the scoring department.

Lol you really don't know much about basketball. If you can't accept proven stats then I don't know what else to say. Have fun in your delusional little world.

koreancabbage
12-18-2011, 12:14 AM
OMG the Pacers beat the Knicks last yr and Hansbrough had 2 great games. That means IND is currently more prepared to win an NBA title than the Knicks...

well it ain't the Knicks. you have Amare and Melo, the two star players who don't play defense.

i'd actually like to see how much progress they will have from last year's close series b/w the Bulls and Pacers.

if the Knicks win, it's most likely a wild west shoot out. offensively, Knicks are probably up there with anyone, but when we talk about defensive potential (can't go any further)l...lol, Amare + Melo and any word with the root word of protecting the basket should not be in the same sentence. yea "protecting the ball" = "defense."

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:16 AM

Not my point. Everyone acts like the Knicks are SO much better than the Pacers when in reality, they aren't. Technically the Knicks years of contending for a title are more limited than the Pacers as well. We have young assets that will continue to develop while the Knicks have Melo and Stoudamire and if they don't win a title with those two they will go back to mediocre for awhile unless they get some other superstar through free agency or trade.

Punk
12-18-2011, 12:17 AM
The sad part is a real fan would be content with the growth of their team and not overrate it.

The current Pacers are Denver Post-Melo Nuggets of 2011. Nothing more, nothing less. A team like Atlanta isn't overrating their team or players but for some reason the Pacers feel they are contenders in the same sentence as Miami and Chicago.

Hilarious.

xxcubs22xx
12-18-2011, 12:18 AM
They are both unprepared to win a title...

They are both not ready to win now.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:19 AM
well it ain't the Knicks. you have Amare and Melo, the two star players who don't play defense.

i'd actually like to see how much progress they will have from last year's close series b/w the Bulls and Pacers.

if the Knicks win, it's most likely a wild west shoot out. offensively, Knicks are probably up there with anyone, but when we talk about defensive potential (can't go any further)l...lol, Amare + Melo and any word with the root word of protecting the basket should not be in the same sentence. yea "protecting the ball" = "defense."

The Knicks just have a large fan base so they all gang up on a few people who defend their team. It seems like every non-knick fan is showing more basketball IQ on here, I wonder why....

xxplayerxx23
Look Im not going to lie the pacers are a good team. They do have a boardline star His Name is DANNY GRANGER!.. The guy can play coming off a bad season, Plus even though west is coming off surgury he can still play. They have a good bench foster isnt great so I dont see him as a threat but Hansbourh can play. Come on guys there not a team to sleep on but with that being said I think Melo, amare can get them past the pacers in a serious. Knicks in 6 but it would be a tough series. Also Iman could be huge, if he can knock down his shot he can be a dangourus player and make this team even better. Pacers have youth I really like paul geroge and geroge hill off the bench.

JohnnyOutcast
I would have to go with the Knicks. In the NBA history proves you must have a superstar player on your team in order to win a championship. Danny Granger, Mr. 6'10", psycho t, Roy Hibbert, Collison, and D. West are all great players, but they are not superstars. The only team to overcome not having a hall of fame caliber player and win a title was the 04 Pistons, but that team was one of the greatest defensive teams in NBA history.

bklynny67
12-18-2011, 12:21 AM
LAST 30 YEARS---ALL NBA CHAMPIONS EXCEPT 2004 DET HAVE HAD A STAR PLAYER

IND currently has none. NY currently has 2

The question in this thread is "who is more prepared to win a title?" The answer is the Knicks. No reason to discuss who would win in a playoff series. Answer the damn question. Its obvious the Knicks are currently more prepared to win a title. History shows it.

THE LAST 30 NBA CHAMPIONS! LOOK IT UP! YOU NEED STAR PLAYERS!

^once again... the history of champion teams having a star player is ridiculous. NY has 2 and IND has none, therefore NY is CURRENTLY more prepared to win a title. THATS THE QUESTION OF THE THREAD.

its ok supporting your team and all, but don't be delusional. IND is not closer to winning a title. that much is obvious.

thenetslegend
12-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Look Im not going to lie the pacers are a good team. They do have a boardline star His Name is DANNY GRANGER!.. The guy can play coming off a bad season, Plus even though west is coming off surgury he can still play. They have a good bench foster isnt great so I dont see him as a threat but Hansbourh can play. Come on guys there not a team to sleep on but with that being said I think Melo, amare can get them past the pacers in a serious. Knicks in 6 but it would be a tough series. Also Iman could be huge, if he can knock down his shot he can be a dangourus player and make this team even better. Pacers have youth I really like paul geroge and geroge hill off the bench.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Lol you really don't know much about basketball. If you can't accept proven stats then I don't know what else to say. Have fun in your delusional little world.

Well, I have actually been watching Granger since he was a rookie. I study the game. I will admit Carmelo is a far better scorer than Danny, no question. Danny is a better all-around player, if you can't bring yourself to admit that, then you are the one lacking basketball knowledge.

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2011, 12:23 AM

sorry he isnt Like deron williams :o

Punk
I would even understand if the thread was created half way through the season but not even that.

The Knicks are more ready than people want to believe. We as a team need to improve and find a rhythm but in terms of "defense" anyone who actually isn't ignorant can tell we were much better today than in the past.

Both Amare, Melo and Tyson have been stepping up in practice preaching it. Mike Woodson is preaching it. This "no defense" argument is going to get old quickly and the nonsense about Melo can't pass is going to end since he is our Point Forward now.

Come back when the season is like half way through before we proclaim anyone is better than anyone? How about that?

Nyc4You
the pacers do have Larry bird:shrug: gotta give em some points there:facepalm: why are you guys going crazy over tyler's 2 good games. you wanna know y he had 2 good games, its cuz we didnt have a center. oh **** look its tyson chandler:facepalm: the days of reggie miller are long gone.

xxcubs22xx
12-18-2011, 12:25 AM
FFS Indiana had a 33.7% FG percentage against the Bulls in the first preseason game. The Bulls had 24 turnovers, and Indiana had 14. We still beat them 95 - 86. That type of effort won't cut it for Indy lmao.

Hustla23
Well, I have actually been watching Granger since he was a rookie. I study the game. I will admit Carmelo is a far better scorer than Danny, no question. Danny is a better all-around player, if you can't bring yourself to admit that, then you are the one lacking basketball knowledge.
I give your team tons of respect and I even think Granger is a stud, but I'd say they're a wash defensively.

I haven't seen Granger really D up anyone so effectively but I have seen Melo show flashes of defensive determination especially in the playoffs.

I doubt anyone who is not a Pacers fan would argue that Danny Granger is a better player than Carmelo Anthony.

gbrl

how is that facepalm worthy

UPRock
12-18-2011, 12:26 AM
No point to argue with Knicks fans, they always win :facepalm:.

thenetslegend
12-18-2011, 12:26 AM
sorry he isnt Like deron williams :o

lol, granger is a joke compared to the stars of the league

xxcubs22xx
12-18-2011, 12:27 AM
No point to argue with Knicks fans, they always win :facepalm:.

Anybody with a clue knows that New York is better than Indiana. Don't even break out the facepalm

gbrl
12-18-2011, 12:27 AM
FFS Indiana had a 33.7% FG percentage against the Bulls in the first preseason game. The Bulls had 24 turnovers, and Indiana had 14. We still beat them 95 - 86. That type of effort won't cut it for Indy lmao.

yeah because preseason tells everything right

thenetslegend
12-18-2011, 12:28 AM
how is that facepalm worthy

on a great team he would be the 3rd best guy

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:29 AM

Danny Granger, before last year, was widely known for being a great scorer. You do realize how good he can be right? He could easily go for 30 every night. He doesn't need to do that anymore, he is more about the team than himself now that we have a few decent players around him.

NYYCowboys
12-18-2011, 12:29 AM
lol, granger is a joke compared to the stars of the league

:clap: Thank you.

xxcubs22xx
12-18-2011, 12:30 AM
yeah because preseason tells everything right

It does for a team that finishes the season 8 games below .500

They have no offense, cocky players, and little if no experience at all.

xabial
12-18-2011, 12:30 AM
Pacers fans sign West, and they think he's the second coming of Jesus. You do realize he had a major injury? Tearing an ACL is no Joke? He also had a top 1-2 PG (At the time) CP3, giving him the best looks. Comparing West (at this stage of his career) to Amare who is arguably one of the best Power-forwards in the game and whose signing single handily turned the knicks around is laughable.

You should be happy if West is 80% if the player he was after that major ACL injury. In fact even if West returns to form 100% healthy I still think Amare's better.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:33 AM
We'll just see after this year. I'm glad everyone acts like they know everything about the Pacers who haven't even played a real game this year. Nobody knows what this team is capable of, all of the guys in the starting lineup have the potential to be an All-Star honestly. Before everyone goes all crazy, notice I said POTENTIAL, I didn't say it will happen. We are solid at every position unlike the Knicks... simple as that.

Nyc4You
12-18-2011, 12:33 AM
http://gifsoup.com/view6/3237585/carmelo-owned-o.gif:shush:

Rego247
12-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Paul George had growth spurt in the off season.

This put Indy over the top. Why y'all hatin Knick fans?

xxcubs22xx
Pacers fans sign West, and they think he's the second coming of Jesus. You do realize he had a major injury? Tearing an ACL is no Joke? He also had a top 1-2 PG (At the time) CP3, giving him the best looks. Comparing West (at this stage of his career) to Amare who is arguably one of the best Power-forwards in the game and whose signing single handily turned the knicks around is laughable.

You should be happy if West is 80% if the player he was after that major ACL injury. Inf act even if West returns to form 100% healthy I still think Amare's better.

Furthermore I think David West may slow down the Pacers, if anything.

The last thing the Pacers need is an anchor that defuses their energy when they are on the floor.

David West may be the icing but you still have yet to bake the cake.

Tebow15Time
:laugh:

I'm done. I am officially done. This is the most delusional post of all time.

my award still goes to knicks fans thinking that cp3 would magically land in their hands

gbrl
It does for a team that finishes the season 8 games below .500

They have no offense, cocky players, and little if no experience at all.

well its a new season

thats your biased opinion

Punk
There is nothing to argue. Because there is NO argument.

The Pacers barely made the playoffs. They struggled in the playoffs, they wanted to show they were not going to get killed. They played the Bulls tough all season long, they showed potential.

They are not contenders against teams like Chicago, Miami and a healthy NY team. That is a fact. They are nothing more than a Atlanta Hawks or Bucks type of team. That is all.

The Knicks lost Billups, Amare then had Douglas and a injured Turiaf logging major minutes and we lost two tough games and two shooting games. The Pacers had a HEALTHY roster and barely could beat the Bulls.

The Sixers and Pacers are not contenders YET. They have potential but not now.

UPRock
on a great team he would be the 3rd best guy

And Brook Lopez the 10th best guy :eyebrow:.

Punk
12-18-2011, 12:35 AM
my award still goes to knicks fans thinking that cp3 would magically land in their hands

What the hell does this have to do with anything?

xxcubs22xx
12-18-2011, 12:36 AM
We'll just see after this year. I'm glad everyone acts like they know everything about the Pacers who haven't even played a real game this year. Nobody knows what this team is capable of, all of the guys in the starting lineup have the potential to be an All-Star honestly. Before everyone goes all crazy, notice I said POTENTIAL, I didn't say it will happen. We are solid at every position unlike the Knicks... simple as that.

Yeah I noticed you said potential. And that cracked me up. Nice all star potential you got there lol

PacersForLife

You should be happy if West is 80% if the player he was after that major ACL injury. Inf act even if West returns to form 100% healthy I still think Amare's better.

Um, look back when CP3 was injured will you? There was this guy named Darren Collison who played with David West and they kinda were a great tandem. Collison also had outstanding numbers as a rookie when he filled in for CP3, and this was due to the fact that he and West worked off of each other very well. Amare is better, I won't argue that. We just have a more balanced starting lineup, argue that all day with me bro.

Nyc4You

Lmao the least you can accept bro. Knick fans get this treatment:eyebrow:

thenetslegend
12-18-2011, 12:37 AM
Danny Granger, before last year, was widely known for being a great scorer. You do realize how good he can be right? He could easily go for 30 every night. He doesn't need to do that anymore, he is more about the team than himself now that we have a few decent players around him.

he is 28 years old, he isnt going to magically be alot better, he chucked so many shots last year, it was sad.

gbrl
http://gifsoup.com/view6/3237585/carmelo-owned-o.gif:shush:

dont see nothing wrong with that. clutch player, granger played good defense. where was melo when granger made that game winner

Tebow15Time

you harrass all psd members(when i say u i mean ur fanbase) with ur constant bs and make threads about getting cp3, shumpert is the best defensive player in the nba, melo is a superstar even tho he only got past round 1 once, stat is a superstar but cant play a full season,austin rautins is thread worthy and belongs in the nba forum, and the rest of ur crap

Punk
12-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Well balanced is great but that still didn't put the Denver Nuggets over the duo of Westbrook/Durant did it?

Tebow15Time
he is 28 years old, he isnt going to magically be alot better, he chucked so many shots last year, it was sad.
this

EaglesJackson10
Both of these teams are coming into the season way overrated. The Knicks more so than the Pacers but these teams have really overreacted to their signings.

David West is slightly better than Elton Brand at this point in his career. Especially coming off that injury.

Tyson Chandler on the other hand is a good defensive player and rebounder who certainly fills a need for the Knicks but I don't even know if his potential gain is worth more than losing Chauncey. Also let's keep in mind that the Knicks were a losing team after the Carmelo trade

PacersForLife
Yeah I noticed you said potential. And that cracked me up. Nice all star potential you got there lol

What for, are you saying there is no potential with Darren Collison, Paul George, and Roy Hibbert? Danny Granger and David West have already been All-Stars.

GodsSon
It's closer then a lot of people think, especially when you consider that Amare and Melo don't play defence whereas Indy has numerous defensive stoppers + bench depth.

Dare I say Pacers in 7.

UPRock
12-18-2011, 12:39 AM
There is nothing to argue. Because there is NO argument.

The Pacers barely made the playoffs. They struggled in the playoffs, they wanted to show they were not going to get killed. They played the Bulls tough all season long, they showed potential.

They are not contenders against teams like Chicago, Miami and a healthy NY team. That is a fact. They are nothing more than a Atlanta Hawks or Bucks type of team. That is all.

The Knicks lost Billups, Amare then had Douglas and a injured Turiaf logging major minutes and we lost two tough games and two shooting games. The Pacers had a HEALTHY roster and barely could beat the Bulls.

The Sixers and Pacers are not contenders YET. They have potential but not now.

And also the Knicks struggled badly in the playoffs, and people still say that they're championship material.

xxplayerxx23
I dont get what is so funny about Granger being a boardline star? He can score shoot and defend,He can be a number one opition on a good team. :eyebrow:

THE GIPPER
Knicks and imo it isnt even close. And wow i cant believe someone said melo vs granger is a tie.

Punk
12-18-2011, 12:40 AM
you harrass all psd members(when i say u i mean ur fanbase) with ur constant bs and make threads about getting cp3, shumpert is the best defensive player in the nba, melo is a superstar even tho he only got past round 1 once, stat is a superstar but cant play a full season,austin rautins is thread worthy and belongs in the nba forum, and the rest of ur crap

Sorry, I'm broke. Limited budget with the holidays and I can't really spend money like that. So...I can't feed you troll. :(

I'm sorry.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:40 AM
dont see nothing wrong with that. clutch player, granger played good defense. where was melo when granger made that game winner

Exactly. They just don't get it.

roshan3ai
12-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Is this a trick question?

Tebow15Time
12-18-2011, 12:41 AM
Sorry, I'm broke. Limited budget with the holidays and I can't really spend money like that. So...I can't feed you troll. :(

I'm sorry.

FAIL :rimshot:

Dolfan305
12-18-2011, 12:42 AM

LMAO. He can easily go for 30 every night? Granger has 55 30+ point games in his career. to put that in perspective Carmelo has 153 30+ point games and Lebron has 218. Granger can't hold a candle to star players. Don't give me that ******** that He 'doesn't need" to score so much anymore. your team was 37-45 last season. They could have used it....

Nyc4You

good defense?he fouled him buddy. da **** you mean where was melo when granger made that shot? it doesnt mean anything. not like he ran from him, pacers set a screen and melo got matched up with tyler soo idk where your going? granger actually shoved williams too:facepalm:

PacersForLife

How many Pacer games did you watch exactly?

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:43 AM
good defense?he fouled him buddy. da **** you mean where was melo when granger made that shot? it doesnt mean anything. not like he ran from him, pacers set a screen and melo got matched up with tyler soo idk where your going? granger actually shoved williams too:facepalm:

Watch the vid, buddy ol' pal. Anthony ran away as soon as Granger got the ball lmao..

Punk
12-18-2011, 12:43 AM
I'm still baffled by these posts after the Pacers lost to the Bulls who were rusty as hell. Call me when Granger drops 42, 17 rebounds in a playoff game against a top defensive team.

roshan3ai
12-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Both of these teams are coming into the season way overrated. The Knicks more so than the Pacers but these teams have really overreacted to their signings.

David West is slightly better than Elton Brand at this point in his career. Especially coming off that injury.

Tyson Chandler on the other hand is a good defensive player and rebounder who certainly fills a need for the Knicks but I don't even know if his potential gain is worth more than losing Chauncey. Also let's keep in mind that the Knicks were a losing team after the Carmelo trade

Is this really your argument? Because when a team guts its team for a star mid-year, the team will inevitabley have chemistry issues. They aren't going to be anywhere close to a losing team this year. The transition time was rough because the Knicks traded so many guys that were rotation guys and only got two back. So the rotations changed, and the players were playing together with little to no practice together. Obviously they were going to have issues.

Cubby
12-18-2011, 12:44 AM
When exactly did Indy give us a run for our money? The Bulls beat them in 5 for crying out loud.

thenetslegend
12-18-2011, 12:45 AM
How many Pacer games did you watch exactly?

enough to know he was barely the best guy on a 30 something win team

PacersForLife
Well nobody is gonna win on this website when Bulls fans and Knicks fans team up as one. Too many bandwagoners have joined in with you guys.

Nyc4You
Watch the vid, buddy ol' pal. Anthony ran away as soon as Granger got the ball lmao..

believe what you wanna believe. Just dont make a stench in everyone else's reality:facepalm:

bklynny67

BAHAHAHAHA this is one of the most amazing posts EVER!!!!

lets see....

Collison ---- so which guard could he possibly make the allstar team over in the East? Wade, Rose, Rondo, Deron Williams, Allen? JOKE!

Hansbrough --- can he make it over Lebron, Amar'e, Melo, Pierce, Bosh?

BAHAHAHAHA again..... all their starters have potential for the allstar team? LOL NO WAY. and i know u said potential.... but still, NO WAY. Not even potential.

DragonJaii
12-18-2011, 12:46 AM

did you forget the block melo had on granger on the other end to seal the game? melo ain't scared of no danny granger.

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2011, 12:46 AM
All games were tough^ Tho. And Post carmelo trade knicks were A 500 team. Chemstry takes time. INjuries happened took us out of the playoffs.IMO knicks>Pacers, But danny granger isnt bad at all and is a boardline star.

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2011, 12:47 AM
be sure to let us all know when melo gets top 5 for any kind of nba award, or atleast makes it past the 1st round 2 years in a row :facepalm:

ok NP I got you this year.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Is this really your argument? Because when a team guts its team for a star mid-year, the team will inevitabley have chemistry issues. They aren't going to be anywhere close to a losing team this year. The transition time was rough because the Knicks traded so many guys that were rotation guys and only got two back. So the rotations changed, and the players were playing together with little to no practice together. Obviously they were going to have issues.

See how well your guys' chemistry problems settle themselves when you have no true point guard.

Punk
12-18-2011, 12:48 AM
I remember last year there was a Sixers vs Knicks debate. That ended quickly after we blew them out at home in the first half. Giving them credit for fighting back but it is what it is.

The games against the Pacers we played terrible. No question about it. But we still are the superior team, Is the Pacers better than Miami despite the fact they blew the Heat out at home?

Cubby
Pacers fans act like they have something on other teams lol. They aren't better than the Knicks.

Sadds The Gr8
11 pages in 2 hrs? holy christ. the Knicks fans must've come in RAVES when they saw this thread.

Nyc4You
See how well your guys' chemistry problems settle themselves when you have no true point guard.

viola baron davis?

roshan3ai
I dont get what is so funny about Granger being a boardline star? He can score shoot and defend,He can be a number one opition on a good team. :eyebrow:

The problem with Granger is that he's regressed from his 2008. In 2008, he was scoring 26 PPG at an efficient rate (58.4 TS%). Then in 2009 he was still scoring a lot of points (24 PPG) but at a less efficient rate (56 TS%). Now this past year, his points per game average went down 4 points, and his efficiency still went down (55% TS%). He simply hasn't gotten any better.

Cubby
12-18-2011, 12:49 AM

You guys have no true star/leader on your team, so it goes both ways.

Twista
12-18-2011, 12:49 AM

lets see....

Collison ---- so which guard could he possibly make the allstar team over in the East? Wade, Rose, Rondo, Deron Williams, Allen? JOKE!

BAHAHAHAHA again..... all their starters have potential for the allstar team? LOL NO WAY. and i know u said potential.... but still, NO WAY. Not even potential.

^ that's some funny ****

roshan3ai
12-18-2011, 12:50 AM

Sig bet on who has a better record. If the Knicks have a better record, you wear the sig of my choice for 1 month and vice versa if the Pacers have a better record. You should have no problem with this if you're so confident.

Punk
12-18-2011, 12:50 AM
The Knicks beat the Bulls 3-1 in the regular season. We are superior!

That is the Pacer logic.

illwill83
12-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Yeah they would be more prepared if we were all crack addicts get the F out of here yalling gassing ind up

PacersForLife
did you forget the block melo had on granger on the other end to seal the game? melo ain't scared of no danny granger.

There are 2 things wrong with this statement. 1. That was a different game, get your facts straight buddy. 2. Melo clearly did not want to guard Granger in the clutch, watch again to see for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a9UAkGuvaw
Note: there was clearly no pick set by anybody on the Pacers.

bklynny67

i have to post this again... its too funny......

lets see....

Punk
11 pages in 2 hrs? holy christ. the Knicks fans must've come in RAVES when they saw this thread.

Well It's more entertaining than Kings vs. Warriors :laugh2:

Dolfan305
12-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Pacers beat the Heat at Miami. With George growing 2 inches that clearly makes the Pacers the better team.

roshan3ai

lets see....

Don't get carried away. West is starting at PF for them. He's not an all star with Amar'e, Bosh, LeBron, Melo, Pierce in the East, but their starter isn't Psycho T anymore

xxplayerxx23
The problem with Granger is that he's regressed from his 2008. In 2008, he was scoring 26 PPG at an efficient rate (58.4 TS%). Then in 2009 he was still scoring a lot of points (24 PPG) but at a less efficient rate (56 TS%). Now this past year, his points per game average went down 4 points, and his efficiency still went down (55% TS%). He simply hasn't gotten any better.

Yeah He has went down, He has had some nagging Injuries. this guy still puts in 20+ points a game can shoot and can play defense. Not saying he is a star Im just making it clear that he isnt that far off from one. He is still 28 can have a better year. I do think Melo is better and I do think the Knicks are better, My point is we shouldnt sleep on a team like this., They have talent

strahan92osi72
I got no beef with the Pacers or their fans, but they ain't as good as the Knicks. Oh and comparing Granger to Melo is just mind boggling. Granger's good but Melo>>>>>>Granger.

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2011, 12:53 AM

I put on my confused face when I saw this lol

NYYCowboys
12-18-2011, 12:54 AM

Lol your sig is great. A-Carter represent.

bklynny67
Don't get carried away. West is starting at PF for them. He's not an all star with Amar'e, Bosh, LeBron, Melo, Pierce in the East, but their starter isn't Psycho T anymore

still proves my point though. neither Hansbrough or West are allstars in the East... or Collison... and they don't really have the potenital to do it either... yet the IND fan thinks THE ENTIRE IND STARTING LINEUP CAN MAKE THE ALLSTAR TEAM. Bahahaha

Nyc4You
There are 2 things wrong with this statement. 1. That was a different game, get your facts straight buddy. 2. Melo clearly did not want to guard Granger in the clutch, watch again to see for yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a9UAkGuvaw

lmao at first it seemed like it was a screen but then when you look at it, granger and tyler sandwiched ****ing williams. no foul called? they were pushin him back and forth. anyways the past is the past. just get ready for disappointment when we face you.

oh yeah hope this speaks volume about the pacer team:facepalm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9TUGkFt1A0&feature=related

DragonJaii
12-18-2011, 12:55 AM

u said melo was scared, he clearly wasn't scared.. the end.

Punk
12-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Anyone notice how the Pacer fans aren't trying to compare themselves to the Bulls? But they played them tough ? lol

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:56 AM
Everybody knows Granger isn't as good a scorer a scorer as Melo. The point is the depth comparison on these two teams is heavily favored towards the Pacers, we are also more defensive minded now that O'Brien is gone this is a fact.

NYYCowboys
12-18-2011, 12:57 AM
What Pacers fans don't realize is we got a secret weapon just lurking on our bench ready to usurp Melo from his starting SF position and his name is Renaldo "I dropped 20 pts on the Nets Today" Balkman. Balkman is clearly better than Granger is, so even if Melo and Granger are tied, I think Balkman's got the clear advantage over both of them.

Hustla23
12-18-2011, 12:57 AM
Yeah, Granger regressed last season. Maybe it was an injury?

Also something interesting to note. Carmelo had the most efficient offensive stretch of his career under D'antoni and the Knicks last season.

It was over 30 some odd games so it's a fairly large sample size. If he can keep up that kind of efficiency I will be stoked. We're talking about top 8 player type production.

Punk
12-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Also, If Granger was "that" good the Pacers would not have shopped him for Monta Ellis or even thought about it.

thenetslegend
Everybody knows Granger isn't as good a scorer a scorer as Melo. The point is the depth comparison on these two teams is heavily favored towards the Pacers, we are also more defensive minded now that O'Brien is gone this is a fact.

that doesnt win championships, its almost 2012, its stars or bust in the nba now

xxplayerxx23

You have to hope west can come back from his major surgury. If not your depth isnt amazing anymore. Yes your the more defensive minded team, But the knicks have the better overall team.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 12:59 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't West make it into the All-Star game while Melo, Tim Duncan, Amare Stoudamire, Dirk Nowitzki, and Lamarcus Aldridge were all in the Western Conference?

Cubby
Anyone notice how the Pacer fans aren't trying to compare themselves to the Bulls? But they played them tough ? lol

They claim to have played us tough, but they lost in five games. How is that close at all? To compare them to any elite team at this point is kind of stupid since they barely slipped into the playoffs.

bklynny67

ya know... i must say, i do applaud you for sticking by your mediocre 37-45 team from last yr.

Dolfan305
12-18-2011, 01:00 AM

Depth alone doesn't win championships. Look at the past NBA champions form the last 30 years. Every team had a star/s besides the Pistions in 04'. The Mavs had Dirk, Lakers had Kobe and Shaq and Gasol, Celts had Garnett, pierce , allen, Heat had Wade, Spurs had Duncan, bulls had Jordan.

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2011, 01:00 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't West make it into the All-Star game while Melo, Tim Duncan, Amare Stoudamire, Dirk Nowitzki, and Lamarcus Aldridge were all in the Western Conference?

pre surgery

Twista
12-18-2011, 01:01 AM
Pacers coach looks exactly like Colin Cowherd. He came into the season after the old coach was fired so I reserve judgement until I see what kind of discipline he can instill in his young team.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 01:01 AM
that doesnt win championships, its almost 2012, its stars or bust in the nba now

True. We gave all of the elite teams a run for their money in the regular season last year. We beat everyone at least once, say what you will since it was the regular season, but we showed a lot of heart and didn't let the elite teams have their way with us. That was without the additions of George Hill and David West mind you.

Cubby
12-18-2011, 01:02 AM
Granger is a lot better defensively than Melo and a better three point shooter, but it pretty much ends there. Melo is better.

Cubby
12-18-2011, 01:04 AM
There is a difference between having depth to back up your starting five and having pretty much your entire team as depth. The majority of that team is role players.

PacersForLife
pre surgery

I'm just saying.... nobody knows how West will play post-surgery. He was having a career year last year until he got injured. He had a lot of extra time to recover due to the lockout and looks in great shape. Either way he will definitely help the team.

Punk
They claim to have played us tough, but they lost in five games. How is that close at all? To compare them to any elite team at this point is kind of stupid since they barely slipped into the playoffs.

The really funny part is they base their entire facts off of regular season games and 1 playoff win which they choked in.

Also, Danny Granger is better than Melo but he was non-existent in the playoffs. They didn't even draw plays for him in those close games.

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm just saying.... nobody knows how West will play post-surgery. He was having a career year last year until he got injured. He had a lot of extra time to recover due to the lockout and looks in great shape. Either way he will definitely help the team.

No doubt about that. I agree Like i said nobody should sleep on them esp if West plays well

gbrl
12-18-2011, 01:06 AM
ya know... i must say, i do applaud you for sticking by your mediocre 37-45 team from last yr.

and i you

NYYCowboys
Renaldo Balkman is a viable MVP candidate this year...that is all.

Cubby
The really funny part is they base their entire facts off of regular season games and 1 playoff win which they choked in.

Also, Danny Granger is better than Melo but he was non-existent in the playoffs. They didn't even draw plays for him in those close games.

They claim to have depth (they do), but it's different than other teams. Their entire team is depth, not just their bench. They don't have any offensive leaders like other teams do.

Dolfan305
True. We gave all of the elite teams a run for their money in the regular season last year. We beat everyone at least once, say what you will since it was the regular season, but we showed a lot of heart and didn't let the elite teams have their way with us. That was without the additions of George Hill and David West mind you.

They were 1-3 vs. the Knicks last season, 2-7 vs. the Bulls, 1-3 vs. the Heat, 1-3 vs. the Celtics. Not exactly giving them a run for their money...

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 01:07 AM
Pacers coach looks exactly like Colin Cowherd. He came into the season after the old coach was fired so I reserve judgement until I see what kind of discipline he can instill in his young team.

That guy gets on my nerves.

Punk
12-18-2011, 01:09 AM
Here is the roster breakdown:

Collison > Douglas - Hill > Bibby
Fields > George - Shumpert >>>> Jones
Melo > Granger
Amare > West - Hansbrough > Harrellson
Chandler > Hibbert - Foster > Jeffries

As a team Knicks > Pacers.

I would gladly say Pre-Melo trade that the current Pacers team is better but they are not now.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 01:09 AM
They were 1-3 vs. the Knicks last season, 2-7 vs. the Bulls, 1-3 vs. the Heat, 1-3 vs. the Celtics. Not exactly giving them a run for their money...

They were actually 2-1 versus the Knicks. Beat the Heat by double digits in Miami. Beat the Lakers in L.A. for the first time in team history. I know the Bulls are a good team and were by far better than the Pacers last year. The point is they didn't get blown out every game they put up a fight and the team will only get better so who really knows? Can anyone understand where I'm coming from?

roshan3ai
12-18-2011, 01:10 AM

LaMarcus wasn't a stud yet. And both times they took him as the 11th/12th man. That's no excuse, because he still made it, but they had four bigs on the bench both times that he made the all star team. I doubt that happens again considering the last two years we've only had three bigs on the bench. AND West is coming off a huge injury. He made the all-star team two years ago, with Paul running the show, and West was at full strength. Now, he's coming off an injury, without Paul, who makes everyone look good

And these Forwards will make it over him, in no order:

Amar'e Stoudemire
Chris Bosh
Al Horford
Carmelo Anthony
LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce

He's not better than any one of those, and he's on that Boozer level.

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2011, 01:12 AM
LaMarcus wasn't a stud yet. And both times they took him as the 11th/12th man. That's no excuse, because he still made it, but they had four bigs on the bench both times that he made the all star team. I doubt that happens again considering the last two years we've only had three bigs on the bench. AND West is coming off a huge injury. He made the all-star team two years ago, with Paul running the show, and West was at full strength. Now, he's coming off an injury, without Paul.

Amar'e Stoudemire
Chris Bosh
Al Horford
Carmelo Anthony
LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce

I thought he was a center? Either way I agree. Boozer is better too IMO As long as he can stay healthy.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 01:13 AM
Here is the roster breakdown:

Collison > Douglas - Hill > Bibby
Fields > George - Shumpert >>>> Jones
Melo > Granger
Amare > West - Hansbrough > Harrellson
Chandler > Hibbert - Foster > Jeffries

As a team Knicks > Pacers.

I would gladly say Pre-Melo trade that the current Pacers team is better but they are not now.

Lmao. You got everyone right except for the C and SG. George is gonna be way better than Fields you can put that in your sig if you want. What is up with Knicks fans and this Shumpert dude? Jones is a solid, gritty guy off the bench and I'm sure he could man-handle Shumpert, heck he gives Melo fits. Hibbert is more of a true center in the fact that he is a good offensive center as well as defensive and also rebounds, being 7'2'' helps a lot too. Your comparisons are biased as hell.

Dolfan305
12-18-2011, 01:13 AM
They were actually 2-1 versus the Knicks. Beat the Heat by double digits in Miami. Beat the Lakers in L.A. for the first time in team history. I know the Bulls are a good team and were by far better than the Pacers last year. The point is they didn't get blown out every game they put up a fight and the team will only get better so who really knows? Can anyone understand where I'm coming from?

actually they were 1-2 vs. the Knicks. I just checked. They beat the Heat in the beginning of the season when the Heat were a mess.

bklynny67
12-18-2011, 01:15 AM
and i you

well that doesn't make sense. the Knicks weren't 37-45, which is pretty bad.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 01:16 AM
LaMarcus wasn't a stud yet. And both times they took him as the 11th/12th man. That's no excuse, because he still made it, but they had four bigs on the bench both times that he made the all star team. I doubt that happens again considering the last two years we've only had three bigs on the bench. AND West is coming off a huge injury. He made the all-star team two years ago, with Paul running the show, and West was at full strength. Now, he's coming off an injury, without Paul, who makes everyone look good

Amar'e Stoudemire
Chris Bosh
Al Horford
Carmelo Anthony
LeBron James
Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce

Boozer is overrated. He was great with a guy like Deron Williams, but with D-Rose he can't really get the ball all that much. D-Rose is a scoring PG. Boozer won't ever be as good as he was with the Jazz because he needs a true PG to feed him the ball, simple facts. West and Collison have already proven to be a good combo in New Orleans.

gbrl
12-18-2011, 01:18 AM
well that doesn't make sense. the Knicks weren't 37-45, which is pretty bad.

you said mediocre, which 42 wins also is

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 01:18 AM
actually they were 1-2 vs. the Knicks. I just checked. They beat the Heat in the beginning of the season when the Heat were a mess.

Where did you check? I clearly remember the two games they won because Hansbrough went off for 29 the first game and 30 the second game when the teams played each other back to back and Pacers won both games.

bklynny67
12-18-2011, 01:19 AM
Lmao. You got everyone right except for the C and SG. George is gonna be way better than Fields you can put that in your sig if you want. What is up with Knicks fans and this Shumpert dude? Jones is a solid, gritty guy off the bench and I'm sure he could man-handle Shumpert, heck he gives Melo fits. Hibbert is more of a true center in the fact that he is a good offensive center as well as defensive and also rebounds, being 7'2'' helps a lot too. Your comparisons are biased as hell.

right... and u saying the entire Pacers starting lineup could make the allstar team wasn't bias? and no they do not all have potential to make it. they just don't. and by the way, Chandler is 7'1"... so Hibbert being 7'2" doesn't mean much when they face each other. why even mention that? u made it sound like his height gives IND an advantage at the position.

Punk
12-18-2011, 01:19 AM

Hibbert is not even a Top 7 Center in the league right now. He has struggled, he improved last year. But he is not that good. Chandler is a Top 3 defensive center. Hibbert is not.

You just said Jones could give Melo fits but he did not in their meeting in April? Good job trying to hype a role player.

George is way better than Fields but Fields finished THIRD in Rookie Of The Year voting and leading the NBA in SG rebounds? Leading Rookies in Field Goal percentage?

You want to talk about bias? LOL

gbrl
12-18-2011, 01:20 AM

we beat the knicks 2 games in a row, we went 2-2 against them

thenetslegend
12-18-2011, 01:20 AM
boozer is overrated. He was great with a guy like deron williams, but with d-rose he can't really get the ball all that much. D-rose is a scoring pg. Boozer won't ever be as good as he was with the jazz because he needs a true pg to feed him the ball, simple facts. West and collison have already proven to be a good combo in new orleans.

this

IndyRealist
12-18-2011, 01:22 AM
How does this have 15 pages? Knicks in 7, and I'm a lifelong Pacers fan. We haven't proven ANYTHING yet except that we won't get swept.

bklynny67
12-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Knicks and Pacers split 4 games last yr guys... not sure why people are saying they were 2-1 or 1-2 against them

xxplayerxx23
12-18-2011, 01:25 AM
i changed my mind knicks in 3! :D

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Knicks and Pacers split 4 games last yr guys... not sure why people are saying they were 2-1 or 1-2 against them

I just know the Pacers won two games, thanks for clearing that up.

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Hibbert is not even a Top 7 Center in the league right now. He has struggled, he improved last year. But he is not that good. Chandler is a Top 3 defensive center. Hibbert is not.

You just said Jones could give Melo fits but he did not in their meeting in April? Good job trying to hype a role player.

George is way better than Fields but Fields finished THIRD in Rookie Of The Year voting and leading the NBA in SG rebounds? Leading Rookies in Field Goal percentage?

You want to talk about bias? LOL

You are over-hyping a rookie who hasn't played a real NBA game yet in Shumpert. Paul George has so much potential I don't see how people don't notice it. Fields is a good player, but probably won't get all that much better than he was last year. Paul is a great defender and has so much ability to be a great scorer, just watch his highlights or something. You are just arguing for the sake of arguing. Compare how Fields played in the playoffs to how George played in the playoffs and then tell me Fields will be better. Chandler is a great defensive center, but that is it. I don't think you would have been making all these arguments about Chandler before he was on the Mavs would you? Exactly... Chandler is getting way over-hyped because of one good season. Nobody gave two craps about the guy until the Mavs won a championship. Jones did give Melo some fits you could see it when they played, Jones is known for his defense against guys like Kobe. It is true, you can't deny it. I might be a little biased with Hibbert, but he can be very good. I assume he will have a better career than Chandler did when it all comes down to it.

OutOfTHEBLUE
12-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Knicks in six.

If Chandler is able to change the defensive culture of that team somewhat, the Knicks could be a title contender IMHO.

Punk
12-18-2011, 01:46 AM
IF "I hear Paul George has so much potential again", I will create a sig with Boy George in a Pacers uni.

Every Top 20 rookie in a draft has potential.

gbrl
12-18-2011, 01:50 AM
IF "I hear Paul George has so much potential again", I will create a sig with Boy George in a Pacers uni.

Every Top 20 rookie in a draft has potential.

that will show them

PacersForLife
12-18-2011, 02:02 AM
I might have got carried away, but I just have to stand up for my team. Pacer fans went through some very rough years after being a winning team for quite awhile. The brawl screwed us over and now we are finally back on the uprise and it's exciting that the team is becoming a little relevant again. I honestly don't know why so many Pacer threads were made today, I don't think any were made by Pacer fans either. You Knicks and Bulls fans should know what it is like, you guys had teams that were mediocre until last year and now you guys are everywhere. The Bulls and Knicks were our rivals all through the Reggie era and I guess its just in our nature to argue. It is nice to know that it just isn't about the Heat and Lakers anymore, there are many teams that are gonna challenge them. :D