PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash a Knick for 2012-13

MagicFan1976
12-17-2011, 08:39 PM
According to http://www.basknet.info/2011/12/18/steve-nash-a-knick-next-season/

According to sources, Steve Nash will sign with the New York Knicks next season when he becomes a free agent. It is not a secret that the New York Knicks desperately need quality point guard.

Another fact which goes in Knicks’ favor is current coach Mike D’Antoni, Nash’s former coach in Phoenix Suns.

MagicFan1976
12-17-2011, 08:40 PM
If you don' trust this source here is also http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/nba_rumors_suns_pg_steve_nash_destined_to_sign_wit h_knicks_at_seasons_end/8795662

xxplayerxx23
12-17-2011, 08:42 PM
wow that would be something

theheatles
12-17-2011, 08:46 PM
he'd be almost 40...

KnicksR4Real
Don't believe it. This is why people hate us Knicks fans btw.

BranWingss
he'd be almost 40...

So? He's still putting up all-star type seasons.

I'll believe this when I see this

8lllllD
12-17-2011, 08:47 PM
This is very goood news............ So happy for him.

Twista
The Knicks had a quality PG, they amnestied him.

ManRam
He's getting up there, but he's still got it. He'd obviously be a good addition...

Twista
12-17-2011, 08:48 PM

That's not why. I think it's because you're all walking around with Iman Shumpert sigs.

Ovratd1up
12-17-2011, 08:49 PM
That would be incredible.

Ovratd1up
12-17-2011, 08:51 PM
That's not why. I think it's because you're all walking around with Iman Shumpert sigs.

Who cares? Haha. Now I'm just starting to hate New York itself, it's altering the process of choosing teams.

That'd be crazy to go from David Lee and **** to Nash, Melo, Chandler and Amare in three years.

NYYCowboys
12-17-2011, 08:51 PM

At least it was a Magic fan who made this thread. I need a sig bro lol.

llemon
12-17-2011, 08:53 PM
You know, Steve Nash was my favorite player in the league for years, and last year he dropped down to my 2nd favorite player, and I TRULY hate the Knicks, but I REALLY hope that happens.

KnicksR4Real
12-17-2011, 08:55 PM

Theres really only one/two people with the sigs. And if you didn't know, he played pretty well in his debut.

rockbottom2010
12-17-2011, 08:56 PM
he'd be almost 40...

look at kidd...

CousinsEvansDUO
That would be a very good fit.

Twista
He did, but I've seen Knicks fans walking around with Iman Shumpert sigs for a long while now. They were doing it during the offseason.

5ass
12-17-2011, 08:58 PM
i can see him signing with dallas if dwight goes there.

nyanks79
12-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Having a source on something like this before the season, especially with someone like Nsah I dont completely buy. Its a pretty easy guess for a reporter to make though. A lot of things can point to NY.

MTL_123
12-17-2011, 09:01 PM
didnt sources say that CP3 was going to be a Knicks for like 2 years

rockbottom2010
12-17-2011, 09:02 PM
nash deserves a ring big time....once he gets it...he will be a hall of famer for sure

llemon
12-17-2011, 09:03 PM
look at kidd...

Did you look at Nash at the end of last season?

xxplayerxx23
12-17-2011, 09:13 PM
He did, but I've seen Knicks fans walking around with Iman Shumpert sigs for a long while now. They were doing it during the offseason.

your point?? whats wrong with it. Other people have players in there sig. Iman Is becoming a fan favorite, Whats wrong with having him in your sig?

blastmasta26
12-17-2011, 09:43 PM
nash deserves a ring big time....once he gets it...he will be a hall of famer for sure
Winning a ring at this point will barely affect his legacy, it will be tantamount to Kidd's ring with the Mavs last season. Sure, he'd be a key contributor, but far from the franchise player he was in his prime. He'd be a very good role player.

Nash on the Knicks would be good due to the weak backcourt with his timeless shooting and passing. However, his age and (lack of) defense would prevent the addition from making the Knicks the hands-down best team in the East.

sunsfan88
12-17-2011, 09:49 PM
That's funny cause PHX reporters asked Steve where he thinks he'll be next fall, he said "Here in Phoenix. I don't know anywhere else so if the Suns will have me, then I plan on staying here."

Lon Babby the Suns president also just said that Steve has an invitation to stay with the Suns for however long he wants.

Put that together and tell me if it = Knicks

Hawkeye15
12-17-2011, 09:50 PM

This.

NY media generates so much garbage, and mindless fans buy into it and have an attitude for anyone who questions them.

There is a reason so many love it when NY teams suck. I am a Yankees fan, so I familiar with the process, but it really is a city that will never avoid having fans that nobody can stand.

blastmasta26
12-17-2011, 09:52 PM
That's funny cause PHX reporters asked Steve where he thinks he'll be next fall, he said "Here in Phoenix. I don't know anywhere else so if the Suns will have me, then I plan on staying here."

Lon Babby the Suns president also just said that Steve has an invitation to stay with the Suns for however long he wants.

Yeah, Nash is a loyal guy, so it's not surprising he intends to stay.

Hustla23
12-17-2011, 09:54 PM
I'll pass. Shumpert is already the 3rd best point guard in the league.

Well, I guess Steve could come off the bench.

FriedTofuz
12-17-2011, 09:55 PM
So? He's still putting up all-star type seasons.

I'll believe this when I see this

Exactly. People wont admit it, but when it comes strictly down to whos the best PG, its Nash. Why? because he does what a pg should do, that is, make people better. At nearly age 40, steve nash is still top 2 in passing. I dont care how much points rose scores, hes not even a PG, hes an undersized Shooting guard. You can put up 30 ppg, but if you cant make plays and help make your teamates better, what kind of pg are you.

Twista
12-17-2011, 09:55 PM
your point?? whats wrong with it. Other people have players in there sig. Iman Is becoming a fan favorite, Whats wrong with having him in your sig?

Eh, you don't get it. You're too much of a fan. Imagine for a moment Bulls fans were running around on this forum with Jimmy Butler sigs. What if Lakers fans were walking around here with Andrew Goudelock sigs? Wouldn't that look a little funny?

blastmasta26
12-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Eh, you don't get it. You're too much of a fan. Imagine for a moment Bulls fans were running around on this forum with Jimmy Butler sigs. What if Lakers fans were walking around here with Andrew Goudelock sigs? Wouldn't that look a little funny?
Not quite the same thing, Shumpert figures to have a bigger role in the rotation than those players. I see your point though.

FriedTofuz
12-17-2011, 09:58 PM

He could easily be a hall of famer if he wasnt loyal to phoneix. There no doubt, hes a lock for the hall of fame. Steve nash not only makes great decisions with the ball, and makes others better, but the accuracy of his passes are amazing. That can can do full court chest/bounce passes as if he was standing right up close. Theres a reason why he won the skills competitition twice as well, hes that good, even at nearly age 40 .

tmacmamba
12-17-2011, 10:08 PM
Steve Nash on the Knicks would be Scary, I hope he joins a contender it would be great to see him chase a ring.

More-Than-Most
12-17-2011, 10:09 PM
As long as they keep Nash Healthy I bet he stays as good as he has been and is now for at least 3 seasons to come...Knicks would be a fun team to watch with Nash/Melo/Amare

Tebow15Time
12-17-2011, 10:21 PM
oh dear, another knicks thread about how they will magically get a player

how did that work with lbj and cp3 again??

anyways, i think he will choose the heat over them, atleast they have a chance to win the title every year, and their entire team plays defense

AnAbusedTurtle
12-17-2011, 10:24 PM
I really want to see this happen. I feel he is a good fit for a high powered offense and I want to see him retire with at least one ring.

DragonJaii
12-17-2011, 10:29 PM

anyways, i think he will choose the heat over them, atleast they have a chance to win the title every year, and their entire team plays defense

lmao what a hater. the op isn't even a knick fan, relax.

RLundi
12-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Articles can predict the future?

blastmasta26
12-17-2011, 10:33 PM

Not saying he wouldn't go there, but he fits in better with the Knicks considering they have no true playmakers.

knicks=love
12-17-2011, 10:38 PM
he'd be almost 40...

ever hear of a guy named jason kidd? yeah, he's older than nash. :facepalm:

Deemerc
12-17-2011, 10:40 PM

Lol they act like Iman is the next Michael Jordan

Deemerc
12-17-2011, 10:42 PM

How he hasn't done anything yet

Tebow15Time
12-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Not saying he wouldn't go there, but he fits in better with the Knicks considering they have no true playmakers.

at the age of 40 he shld play with a team that is defensive and doesnt need him to play at an extremly high level to win

wade and lebron take a ton of prssure off him, all he as to do is make plays every now and then and knock down the open shot

with the knicks he has to play D(well, maybe, the knicks usually just play for the rebound instead of contesting) score and average 10 assists

if it was me, id go to miami where u have a legit chance, the knicks would be a bit tougher

knicks=love
12-17-2011, 10:47 PM

because he wanted to play there. he would've been here if we didn't sign tyson chandler. do you not understand that or are you too stupid to even notice things?

even if he doesn't get one, he'll still be a HOF. guys like stockon and malone never won a ring and they're HOFs.

everyone says that. no player will ever be like, "yeah **** this city, i'm going to _____ to win a ring." have you have heard a player do that, cause i haven't.

:facepalm: do people not realize why chris paul isn't on the knicks? did they forget we signed tyson chandler which ate up all of our available cap for paul to come here?

no we don't? he's got potential, but not jordan potential. that's just ridiculous. i'd love for you to show me someone that made it seem like that.

DragonJaii
12-17-2011, 10:48 PM

:facepalm: who said that? you?

HeaTxRipZz
12-17-2011, 10:54 PM
^lol they say Knick fans think everyone is the next Michael Jordan when it was never said/typed

Punk
12-17-2011, 10:57 PM
That's pretty much why we didn't go hard for Paul during the trade drama.

strahan92osi72
12-17-2011, 11:00 PM
What is this 2006? Hopefully at the end of this year Shumpert shows his ability and then they don't have to rely on a nearly 40 year old PG.

kblo247
12-17-2011, 11:13 PM
He's getting up there, but he's still got it. He'd obviously be a good addition...

I agree with this. In fact I could see him and Hill coming together to start in the backcourt and mentor Douglas and Fiels who will be seasoned this condensed year. Sort of like when Fisher started in the lockout year, Harper came in and took the role while mentoring him, and then Fisher took it back the next year. I can see that happening with Fields and Douglas

strahan92osi72
12-17-2011, 11:16 PM
I agree with this. In fact I could see him and Hill coming together to start in the backcourt and mentor Douglas and Fiels who will be seasoned this condensed year. Sort of like when Fisher started in the lockout year, Harper came in and took the role while mentoring him, and then Fisher took it back the next year. I can see that happening with Fields and Douglas

More like Fields and Shumpert. I wish Knick fans would realize that Douglas is nothing more than a bench player, he's certainly no PG. Only a matter of time before Shump is starting.

akagiredsuns
12-17-2011, 11:30 PM
I'll pass. Shumpert is already the 3rd best point guard in the league.

Well, I guess Steve could come off the bench.

:laugh2: Can I have whatever pot you're smokin? 3rd best point guard in the league? I guess Rose, Paul, Rondo,Parker & a few others fell off big time. 3rd best PG? FAIL!:facepalm:

knicks=love
12-17-2011, 11:40 PM
:laugh2: Can I have whatever pot you're smokin? 3rd best point guard in the league? I guess Rose, Paul, Rondo,Parker & a few others fell off big time. 3rd best PG? FAIL!:facepalm:

you obviously have no sense of humor at all, because that was CLEARLY sarcasm. that, or you didn't read the next line which pretty much gave it away, too.

bmd1101
12-18-2011, 01:03 AM
According to http://www.basknet.info/2011/12/18/steve-nash-a-knick-next-season/

Can we at least start this season before we talk about the next one? A lot can change in a year.

bowdown27
12-18-2011, 01:03 AM
I'm a huge Steve Nash fan and think he would be a nice pickup. I like shumpert but Steve can be a Jason kidd on mavericks to our young squad. Just less defense lol

DragonJaii
12-18-2011, 01:10 AM

wow u fail, can't sense sarcasm. lmao

D Roses Bulls
12-18-2011, 01:11 AM
good...... Derrick Rose is going to be having BIG games in Madison Square Garden with Nash guarding him.

Punk
12-18-2011, 01:13 AM
good...... Derrick Rose is going to be having BIG games in Madison Square Garden with Nash guarding him.

I'm pretty sure Shumpert will be starting by then. He would guard Rose.

Mr_Amaziing
12-18-2011, 02:47 AM
Nash
Melo
Amare
Chandler

That's Niice!

Meatmypet
12-18-2011, 03:18 AM

It technically can still happen.

sunnydayin'zona
12-18-2011, 03:38 AM
lets not get ahead of ourselves...your source is b.s.

lets not try to piss off suns fans, because you're full of it. this is nash's team and he hasn't expressed the slightest inclination towards leaving. not a single word. in fact, he and hill were on phoenix radio yesterday saying that the suns were their team and they love to be here. so...

don't piss me or any other suns fan off with this nonsense bs source

THE MTL
12-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Nash doesnt seem like a ring chaser vet who hops on good teams. He genuinely likes Phoenix and the medical staff is amazing for keeping all those guys healthy. I would say he retires there, whether they are a contender or not.

However, if there was a team he would leave Phoenix for, it would be NEW YORK and ONLY NYC (in my opinion). He'll be re-united with D'Antoni, the coach who made him who he is, and then Amare Stoudemaire (ultimate chemistry). And he'll have a real chance to win in NYC too. Also, he actually LIVES in New York during the offseason.

THE MTL
12-18-2011, 05:41 AM

This is just sad ur inability to pick up sarcasm.....FAIL :facepalm:
...but then I see your location and your from the MidWest and then it starts to make a little more sense.

allSUAVE
12-18-2011, 05:51 AM
Steve Nash not going to be a Knick Mike Dantoni contract ends after this season.. We'll be making a push at Phil Jackson.

P.S if your not a Knick fan is **** YOU , ON THIS SITE!!

How you hate another team because their fanbase support them
Trough thick and thin ..we love our team ..so **** you if you dont like it

dodie53
12-18-2011, 06:27 AM
i prefer if he signs with the heat,
;)

waveycrockett
12-18-2011, 10:13 AM
The Knicks would be lob city East if that happened

SteBO
12-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Nash has made it clear on many occasions according to these so-called "sources" that he'd like to stay in Phoenix. He'd clearly be a great fit in NY, but it's unlikely if you ask me.....

RipCity32
12-18-2011, 10:25 AM
I don't know how true this is but I heard the rest of the league is going to sign with the Knicks and Heat next year I'll try and keep you guys updated as soon as I hear more.

Nycbball08
12-18-2011, 10:30 AM
That's a set up a year in advance, using us to get a good last final deal with the suns..

Hustla23
12-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Steve Nash actually lives right near my old high school in the offseason and I've personally met him and some other people I know have as well. I should ask ol' Stevey what he plans to do. ;)