PDA

View Full Version : Jimmer vs Curry vs Klay

asandhu23
12-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Who will end up being the best shooter out of these?

MackShock
12-17-2011, 07:51 PM
curry

steveweve
12-17-2011, 08:08 PM
klay

Monta is beast
12-17-2011, 08:24 PM
Curry.

Lloyd Christmas
12-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Curry, then Jimmer, then Klay.

BrandoCommando
12-17-2011, 10:20 PM
Curry easily.

curtcocaine
12-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Curry we cant say anything about the other two untill they hit the court I'm a big Jimmer fan though

Public Enemy #1
12-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Curry

likemystylez
12-17-2011, 10:39 PM
I dont like to jump the gun and maybe this isnt fair to klay thompson and jimmer..... but curry is currently by far the best all around shooter (statistically) through his first 2 seasons that has ever played in the NBA. Its hard to believe that the other 2 players will be able to compete with that.

Its hard to statistically imagine that he could get better, but considering he is only 23 years old....I would have to assume this guy will become a slightly better shooter, and IMO curry will be absolutely lethal during the 4th quarter when he is in his prime.

Hes got the court awareness, and understanding of game situation down, when you combine that with an accurate jump shot and how clever he is.... hopefully he will be able to steal a lot of close games in the final minutes.

Warriors4lyfe12
12-17-2011, 10:47 PM
biedrins lol

Scoots
12-17-2011, 10:48 PM
The amazing thing about Curry's shooting is that he was deadly in college and he got better against NBA defenders. After 2 years you would think NBA defenders would have a book on him and be able to control his shooting some but he's still lights out. He's had slumps but his adjustments in his game are fairly quick for someone so young. Comes from being a kid of a canny NBA vet. His release is uncanny.

Jimmer is a gamer more than a shooter. I wouldn't be surprised if he scores more than Curry for a year or 2 of his career, but Curry will have a higher percentage.

Klay comes in third in shooting.

MackShock
12-17-2011, 11:22 PM
biedrins...EASYYY

likemystylez
12-17-2011, 11:24 PM
biedrins...EASYYY

aint nothin about beans is easy, except for playing defense on him

Bayareaboy
12-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Curry is lights out so he's number 1. Jimmer was not a great shooter when it counted last year. He shot a hecka lot shots sure he averaged 30 but he took 30-40 shots to do so. I like jimmer but I think klay is the better SHOOTER. Jimmers game will adapt and he will b good though.

Leandres_sf
12-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Curry, he'll be the best shooter and the best player, by far.

bryan_22221
12-18-2011, 02:29 AM
Curry is lights out so he's number 1. Jimmer was not a great shooter when it counted last year. He shot a hecka lot shots sure he averaged 30 but he took 30-40 shots to do so. I like jimmer but I think klay is the better SHOOTER. Jimmers game will adapt and he will b good though.

Dude did you watch any of Jimmers games last year or just overtime against florida? I had tickets to every BYU game last year and the kid had so many good clutch shots it was ridiculous. he had 1 bad game against florida, the kid can shoot anyone out of the gym. hes a beast. I am a DIE HARD Warriors fan and will always root for Curry over Jimmer, but you cant say Jimmer was not a great shooter last year when they kid played out of his mind.

killaT
12-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Jimmer Fredette showing ppl he has no problem playing in the NBA. 7/11 shooting, 4/6 from 3pt range, finishes with 21 pts, 4 ast, 4 reb, 1 stl in just as much time as curry, and btw he was playing the TWO. Tyreke was the pointguard.

Im not saying this because im a kings fan or a jimmer fan im just mentioning these stats because i think this guy is going to be good, and he is going to prove a lot of ppl wrong. Jimmer was lighting it up at byu and he also stayed 4 years showing progression every season in school where Curry stayed 3. Showing progession every year is difficult to do for 4 straight years in college, kids usually leave by there sophomore or junior year when their stock is high.

Jimmer.

MackShock
12-18-2011, 05:38 AM
gay....klay thompson ftw

BrandoCommando
12-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Klay Thompson all day.

tyfreaks brotha
12-18-2011, 02:29 PM
This ain't even fair as Jimmer and Klay played one preseason game

BrandoCommando
12-18-2011, 02:33 PM
:pity:

MackShock
12-18-2011, 07:47 PM
biedrins > curry > thompson > fredette

BrandoCommando
12-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Agreed.

COOLbeans
12-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Curry gang and Klay Thompson affiliated g

MackShock
12-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Curry Crew, Thompson Gang, Fredette Mob

Rocco Gandolfo
12-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Jimmer. Just wait

Bayareaboy
12-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Dude did you watch any of Jimmers games last year or just overtime against florida? I had tickets to every BYU game last year and the kid had so many good clutch shots it was ridiculous. he had 1 bad game against florida, the kid can shoot anyone out of the gym. hes a beast. I am a DIE HARD Warriors fan and will always root for Curry over Jimmer, but you cant say Jimmer was not a great shooter last year when they kid played out of his mind.

After seeing that warriors kings game I'll admit I was wrong an I'm sorry to the jimmer fans. He's lIghts out. He will help that kings team alot. I am excited to see what klay will produce off the bench though

Leandres_sf
12-18-2011, 11:44 PM
I have a lot of doubts about Jimmer being able to play in the NBA...then again, I had doubt about Steph too.

MackShock
12-18-2011, 11:52 PM
jimmer = jj redick 2.0

likemystylez
12-18-2011, 11:58 PM
jimmer = jj redick 2.0

reddick actually is a good defensive player

MackShock
12-19-2011, 12:01 AM
but hes a 6'4 shooting guard...not quite monta, even if hes taller

Bayareaboy
12-19-2011, 12:33 AM
but hes a 6'4 shooting guard...not quite monta, even if hes taller

Lol he's taller by an inch that's not much difference at all. Especially when comparing someone that 6'3 to someone that's 6'4

gswoaktown
12-19-2011, 12:48 AM
killaT, Fredette will have major problems on D though. He reminds me a lot of Luke Ridnour, only stronger and a better outside shooter, but same issues on D.

MackShock
12-19-2011, 12:49 AM
Lol he's taller by an inch that's not much difference at all. Especially when comparing someone that 6'3 to someone that's 6'4

my point exactly..its like comparing ellis to mayo all over again..

MackShock
12-19-2011, 12:50 AM
if this poll is an indication of anything, its that everyone on warriors forum are homers lol

Leandres_sf
12-19-2011, 02:29 AM
if this poll is an indication of anything, its that everyone on warriors forum are homers lol

Most likely, lol.

killaT
12-19-2011, 04:12 AM
killaT, Fredette will have major problems on D though. He reminds me a lot of Luke Ridnour, only stronger and a better outside shooter, but same issues on D.

He may have problems on defense but if u look at jj reddick who everyone is comparing him to or adam morrison, neither of them play a lick of defense. everyone underestimated jimmer coming out of the draft, and if he landed to the warriors, i would have really considered him if i were riley. the guy can shoot, he has range for days no doubt. cant even compare his shooting to klay thompson, but u can with curry.

jimmer is not the next jj reddick, matter of fact if he plays point guard, (his natural position) then he could possibly be the next steve nash if he learns how to pass.

gswoaktown
12-19-2011, 04:50 AM
Let's not compare him to Nash just yet. Passing is instinctive -- feeling where exactly to put the ball ahead of a slasher, etc. It'll be fun to see how he does. He's a good player. I still would've taken Klay over Fredette if I was Riley. Riley did good.

MackShock
12-19-2011, 05:23 AM
He may have problems on defense but if u look at jj reddick who everyone is comparing him to or adam morrison, neither of them play a lick of defense. everyone underestimated jimmer coming out of the draft, and if he landed to the warriors, i would have really considered him if i were riley. the guy can shoot, he has range for days no doubt. cant even compare his shooting to klay thompson, but u can with curry.

jimmer is not the next jj reddick, matter of fact if he plays point guard, (his natural position) then he could possibly be the next steve nash if he learns how to pass.

lets face it, if jimmer becomes a point guard, hell always be a shoot first point guard.

if he becomes a shooting guard, hes too small..

likemystylez
12-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Let's not compare him to Nash just yet. Passing is instinctive -- feeling where exactly to put the ball ahead of a slasher, etc. It'll be fun to see how he does. He's a good player. I still would've taken Klay over Fredette if I was Riley. Riley did good.

Theres no telling whether riley would have taken Klay over Fredette, he was never in a position to choose. However- given the fact that that fredete is another undersized guard- my guess would be that he would take klay.

likemystylez
12-19-2011, 11:33 AM

LOL_ i dont consider myself a homer at all, I might be a bit in the opposite direction. Tough love is what I like to call it.

I voted for curry because currys numbers accross the board have been the best in history, and one would have to think thats where the smart money would be.... considering the other 2 guys are complete question marks. Its difficult to predict a player to be the best ever right off the bat isn't it?

Warriorsforlife
12-19-2011, 03:21 PM
biedrins lol

theres only one real warriors for life my friend. :mad:

:D

COOLbeans
12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
^ it would have been funny if u would have called him 'pal'.

Ie. There's only one warriorsforlife pal..

See?

COOLbeans
04-12-2018, 04:50 PM
jimmer = jj redick 2.0

Good convos back in 2011. Lol he only said this cause they’re both white guys. Reddick has proved to be a legit NBA player.

Dudes were actually comparing Curry’s shooting abilities to Jimmer

likemystylez
04-12-2018, 04:54 PM
LOL_ i dont consider myself a homer at all, I might be a bit in the opposite direction. Tough love is what I like to call it.

I voted for curry because currys numbers accross the board have been the best in history, and one would have to think thats where the smart money would be.... considering the other 2 guys are complete question marks. Its difficult to predict a player to be the best ever right off the bat isn't it?

I stand by my assessment

COOLbeans
04-12-2018, 07:26 PM
I stand by my assessment

After reading that, that’s when i decided to bump. Good assessment. I was always team Curry, but how soon we forget there were a lot of dubs fans who were always skeptical of the Goat

Spanklin
06-07-2018, 06:31 PM
After reading that, that’s when i decided to bump. Good assessment. I was always team Curry, but how soon we forget there were a lot of dubs fans who were always skeptical of the Goat

Why, ain't you special. Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on?

COOLbeans
06-08-2018, 12:42 AM
Welcome back Spanlkin :clap:

asandhu23
06-08-2018, 11:54 PM
We are dynasty!!!!!

Scoots
06-09-2018, 12:40 AM
Winning would be more fun if the fans of other teams weren't such punks :)

REALLY looking forward to the offseason roster building now.

CityofTreez
06-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Most asandhu threads were similar to nails on chalkboards.....

Pretty sure we drafted Jimmer over Klay that year lol

Anyways.....Congrats on the repeat Dubz fans!!!!