PDA

View Full Version : If Kobe gets traded...................

Ty Fast
12-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Where would he go and what would it take to get him???

Toxeryll
12-17-2011, 12:10 AM
nowhere

DragonJaii
12-17-2011, 12:11 AM
really? another useless kobe thread.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Wherever theres more 20 yr old white girls. At least that's what his wife would say.

Mr_Amaziing
12-17-2011, 12:12 AM
Would love to see him in Chicago

jewno
12-17-2011, 12:12 AM
maybe trade him to a team of his choice out of respect for what hes done for them, bulls.knicks,

Wade>You
12-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Good luck trying to figure out how to move his contract while not gutting the other team and still keeping them competitive so that Kobe will waive his no-trade clause.

ChI_ShIzzLe
12-17-2011, 12:15 AM
Ya there's really nothing we can offer the Lakers this time around for him and his contract. Sorry Kobe but we're good.

jewno
12-17-2011, 12:42 AM
i guess amnesty is an option or no?

jewno
12-17-2011, 12:43 AM
actually that was a stupid idea nvm lol

Sixerlover
12-17-2011, 12:49 AM

No.

*Superman*
12-17-2011, 12:52 AM

Lets amnesty our best player. How smart does that sound to you?

Cano-Montero...
12-17-2011, 12:53 AM
Lots of kobe trade lately..lol

SportsAndrew25
12-17-2011, 12:56 AM
All Kobe. All The Time. This is PSD. You Give Us 22 Minutes, We'll Give You The Bryant.

spurs4#5
12-17-2011, 12:58 AM
i swear...no wonder his wife still thinks he's cheating on him...people cant even get off his nuts in here

jewno
12-17-2011, 01:19 AM

actually that was a stupid idea nvm lol

seconds after i posted that.....

Nabeshin
12-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Doesn't he make like 42m a season in LA ? ....heh

RipCity32
12-17-2011, 01:45 AM
The only way Kobe gets traded is if his wife buys the team.

Birdmannn
12-17-2011, 02:02 AM
-Heat for Wade and Bosh and Lakers should throw in Bynum.
Kobe can build that fire in Lebron
They can help each other get more rings then Jordan
Lebron has THE best clutch shooter to set up whenever he gets stuck.
Perfect match :p

Hellcrooner
12-17-2011, 02:36 AM
Good luck trying to figure out how to move his contract while not gutting the other team and still keeping them competitive so that Kobe will waive his no-trade clause.

Hawks.
Joe Johnson and his horribel contract + Joe smith and his half awfull contract.

But, why in bloody hell woudl lakers do that ?

Im assuming Kobe would use his no trade clause if lakers tried to send him to the Wizzards for Lewis contract, wall and some first rounders.

kArSoN RyDaH
12-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Kobe doesn't need to go anywhere.

If the Lakers were to trade Kobe they would lose so much from the fan base.

I don't think people realize what Kobe means to the fans and to the fans in Los Angeles.

He will never be on another team.

Wade>You
12-17-2011, 02:48 AM
Hawks.
Joe Johnson and his horribel contract + Joe smith and his half awfull contract.

But, why in bloody hell woudl lakers do that ?

Im assuming Kobe would use his no trade clause if lakers tried to send him to the Wizzards for Lewis contract, wall and some first rounders.Hawks lineup:

PG-Hinrich
SG-Kobe
SF-Smith
PF-Horford
C-Zaza

It's a good lineup and it would be intriguing to see, but is it good enough to convince Kobe to waive his no-trade clause? And like you said, the Lakers probably wouldn't do it.

The only other 1-for-1 swap I could think of is with the Knicks, like Amare/Chandler/Melo (although Chandler can't be traded for while).

AntiG
12-17-2011, 03:17 AM
Sure. Trade him to the Celtics. We'll take him. You can have Sasha Pavs back.

Birdmannn
12-17-2011, 03:28 AM
Besides the Joe Johnson one do you guys realize he makes 25mil plus gotta move a lot of salary for that.

king4day
12-17-2011, 03:45 AM
maybe trade him to a team of his choice out of respect for what hes done for them, bulls.knicks,

I wouldn't even do that for him. This is the second time he's supposedly threatened to want out. If he was loyal he'd discuss with management and discuss with them how to fix this and get their imput.

No leader just walks away when there's a problem. He's gotten help his whole career and while he's a major reason they won it all, it's clear it wasn't just him. We saw what happens when there's no other superstars on that team.

I'd gladly take him on my team as would most others, but for LA, they shouldn't give a **** where they send him. Just that they get back a good foundation of players.

ewmania
12-17-2011, 03:47 AM
kobe can't get traded... his contract says so, unless its his decision

Dramedy
12-17-2011, 04:01 AM
For a variety of reasons he won't ever get traded. If however he did, the natural choice would seem to be Chicago. Noah+Deng+Gibson+Watson for Kobe is at least an interesting package. Chicago absolutely competes with Rose, Kobe, Korver, Boozer and Asik, and LA gets some nice pieces. I wouldn't do it if I were the Lakers, but hey, I'm just answering the question.

Wade>You
12-17-2011, 04:07 AM
For a variety of reasons he won't ever get traded. If however he did, the natural choice would seem to be Chicago. Noah+Deng+Gibson+Watson for Kobe is at least an interesting package. Chicago absolutely competes with Rose, Kobe, Korver, Boozer and Asik, and LA gets some nice pieces. I wouldn't do it if I were the Lakers, but hey, I'm just answering the question.We can only hope LA and Chicago pull that deal off.

bholly
12-17-2011, 04:13 AM
I said it in the other thread on this - aside from the fact that trading him doesn't really make sense and won't happen, there are only two trades I can think of that might work for both teams and Kobe:

1) Kobe for Melo. Needs some filler to make the salaries work - maybe Balkman and Douglas going one way and Barnes going the other to play SF for NYK.

2) Kobe for Terry and Kidd's expirings - Dallas go all in on the last few years of Dirk and Kobe's careers, and LAL offer everything else they have for Dwight, then amnesty MWP or Luke and target Deron in the offseason with their new found cap room.

Wade>You
12-17-2011, 04:15 AM
2) Kobe for Terry and Kidd's expirings - Dallas go in all on the last few years of Dirk and Kobe's careers, and LAL offer everything else they have for Dwight, then amnesty MWP or Luke and target Deron in the offseason with their new found cap room.I like that one for the Mavs. Kobe would waive his no-trade clause for that.

bholly
12-17-2011, 04:18 AM
I like that one for the Mavs. Kobe would waive his no-trade clause for that.

And if things are going south for the Lakers, Kobe wants out, and the only way to get Dwight is Bynum AND Pau - then the Lakers do it too, right?

Wade>You
12-17-2011, 04:30 AM
And if things are going south for the Lakers, Kobe wants out, and the only way to get Dwight is Bynum AND Pau - then the Lakers do it too, right?I'd say yeah, and I'm sure Jim Buss just doesn't have faith in his team and wants to start looking ahead to Dwight. The only thing is that salaries don't match up. I'm sure the Magic want to include Turkoglu if for Pau/Bynum, but the Lakers might be reluctant.

asmarks18
12-17-2011, 05:18 AM
Not going to happen. He will retire a Laker.

close thread.

Cracka2HI!
12-17-2011, 02:52 PM
In all fairness to the OP. This is a thread about Kobe being traded, which is being talked about. So why not talk about it in the NBA forum. This is the first Kobe thread I have ever posted in. I've seen a couple others make the point, but I also think Kobe is untradable because of his contract. There is no way to trade $25 million worth of good salaries and stay competetive. As a player it makes a lot sense for him on the Clippers, but we'd have to trade Paul and Jordan just to match his salary. I guess that might fair value, but obviously it wouldn't be a good trade for the Clipps.

Anyone think their team can make a good trade for Kobe?

tippa irie
12-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Wherever theres more 20 yr old white girls. At least that's what his wife would say.
so utah?

dee279
12-17-2011, 03:09 PM

Sounds ignorant to me. Kobe is going nowhere