PDA

View Full Version : The curious case of the Los Angeles Lakers.

dnewguy
12-16-2011, 08:56 PM
The L.A Lakers along with the Celtics are the most storied franchises in NBA history. The Lakers are the most loved team in all of American Sports, friends and foes alike want them to succeed every year. The Lakers success is paramount to the NBA success, without them the NBA gets a bit boring for many people. Simply put, we need the Lakers to be successful even more after this lockout.
The story of the 2011 Lakers has yet to be written, first they lost their Legendary Coach (Phil Jackson), then they lost out on Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, the Lakers also gave away Odom to their chief rival, the Dallas Mavericks.
Then come the news of Kobe's Divorce, the Lakers cannot make the playoffs if Kobe is not in good shape mentally or physically. Simply put Kobe has lost his hairline, he lost Phil, lost Odom, lost Howard, lost Chris Paul, and now he's losing his wife...DAMN. That's too much loss for a man IMO.

How do you think the Lakers will do this season considering everything that has happened.

xbrackattackx
12-16-2011, 08:57 PM
A wild troll appears.....

Aust
12-16-2011, 08:57 PM
I.... uhh...mm.........

The Lakers ARE NOT the most loved team in American Sports, I'll tell you that much

B'sCeltsPatsSox
12-16-2011, 08:59 PM
We've all just been dnewguy'd!

shep33
12-16-2011, 09:11 PM

lol

Watch the Lakers and Celts make the finals out of nowhere now

dnewguy
12-16-2011, 09:20 PM
lol

Watch the Lakers and Celts make the finals out of nowhere now

The Celtics maybe, not the Lakers.

Sota4Ever
12-16-2011, 09:23 PM
This has to be a record for most Lakers threads in one day. Total troll too

Geargo Wallace
12-16-2011, 09:25 PM
I think the 2011 Lakers' story has already been written. Remember how Pau Gasoft was "suffering" and how they got swept by the Mavs. Now the 2012 Lakers have an interesting story to be written.

I wouldn't go so far as saying that they're the most liked franchise in the NBA. Only knob-slobbing ppl not from LA, and little kids who like the purple and gold jerseys, root for them over their home team. Real basketball fans ought to despise them for always having a good team.

I don't know why you're trying to justify the need for the Lakers to be on top. It's making them sound like they're entitled to being great, and it makes them sound like a charity case.

dnewguy
12-16-2011, 09:27 PM
This has to be a record for most Lakers threads in one day. Total troll too

In all seriousness, all the complaining is getting old. All I am seeking is your opinion on how the Lakers will do this season. All the personal attacks and sideshows is just childish. Last offseason when all the treads were about Miami, Heat fans don't cry about everything. If the Lakers were the Sixers, no one will care. We obviously care because they are the Lakers, deal with it.

dnewguy
12-16-2011, 09:30 PM
I think the 2011 Lakers' story has already been written. Remember how Pau Gasoft was "suffering" and how they got swept by the Mavs. Now the 2012 Lakers have an interesting story to be written.

I wouldn't go so far as saying that they're the most liked franchise in the NBA. Only knob-slobbing ppl not from LA, and little kids who like the purple and gold jerseys, root for them over their home team. Real basketball fans ought to despise them for always having a good team.

I don't know why you're trying to justify the need for the Lakers to be on top. It's making them sound like they're entitled to being great, and it makes them sound like a charity case.

I am not justifying the Lakers need to be on top, I am simply saying that it's good for the NBA when the Lakers are contenders for the title. Thanks for answering btw, the rest seem to rather lob personal attacks than even answer the question.

USMCLaker
12-16-2011, 09:37 PM
The L.A Lakers along with the Celtics are the most storied franchises in NBA history. The Lakers are the most loved team in all of American Sports, friends and foes alike want them to succeed every year. The Lakers success is paramount to the NBA success, without them the NBA gets a bit boring for many people. Simply put, we need the Lakers to be successful even more after this lockout.
The story of the 2011 Lakers has yet to be written, first they lost their Legendary Coach (Phil Jackson), then they lost out on Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, the Lakers also gave away Odom to their chief rival, the Dallas Mavericks.
Then come the news of Kobe's Divorce, the Lakers cannot make the playoffs if Kobe is not in good shape mentally or physically. Simply put Kobe has lost his hairline, he lost Phil, lost Odom, lost Howard, lost Chris Paul, and now he's losing his wife...DAMN. That's too much loss for a man IMO.

How do you think the Lakers will do this season considering everything that has happened.

Dude, this is seriously a Laker forum thread.

Do you honestly think that fans of other teams want to hear about how beloved the Lakers are?

What kind of response do you honestly expect to get? I mean Really?

Avenged
12-16-2011, 09:38 PM

:laugh2:

Hellcrooner
12-16-2011, 09:44 PM
i wonder if Dnewguy has realized games have 4 quarters already....
Maybe i should make a thread bout it

" Flash news, games have 4 quarters!"....

O wait maybe stern will come in and veto 4th quarters .....

Geargo Wallace
12-16-2011, 09:48 PM
I am not justifying the Lakers need to be on top, I am simply saying that it's good for the NBA when the Lakers are contenders for the title. Thanks for answering btw, the rest seem to rather lob personal attacks than even answer the question.

To be fair, I didn't really answer your question. I addressed your first 2 ridiculous paragraphs. This thread doesn't really need to be made right now. There's enough Lakers content out there.

Geargo Wallace
12-16-2011, 09:49 PM
i wonder if Dnewguy has realized games have 4 quarters already....
Maybe i should make a thread bout it

" Flash news, games have 4 quarters!"....

O wait maybe stern will come in and veto 4th quarters .....

But then where would Kobe get all of his credit from?

zB_#85
12-16-2011, 09:51 PM

In all honesty though, I'd rather see threads like this than some of the garbage I see on this site. "What if Kobe was amnestied and went to the Cavs" or "What if Dwight grew a 3rd arm, would that make him better at defense?" Also gotta love all of the "Who's better- Shaq or Wilt / Dr. J or LeBron"...

stupid threads that are never going to happen and just 12 year olds imagining or dumb comparisons of players who played in different eras with different circumstances and styles of play that is impossible to know the answer to the argument. Pointless stuff like that.

At least this thread has a point, he might have wrapped it in a columnist type package but he's really trying to say- "Given all of their circumstances, how will the Lakers perform this year?"

zB_#85
12-16-2011, 10:00 PM
I think it's tough to say.

I know Kobe will play angry this year, and if his knee is better due to the crazy european stem cell knee transplant procedure he had that could be a bad thing for the NBA. Especially in a new system out of the constraints of the triangle. On the contrary though, if his knee is still problematic, being out of the triangle might hurt him and the team. Phil and the triangle could keep him in check when he wanted to get into chucking mode. He's stubborn and will begin to force things to prove to everyone and himself that he's not declining.

Pau I think will have a great year also- I just don't know if it will be in LA the whole year.

Drew has his time to step up, and he will deliver. I'm confident in his abilities and he reportedly trimmed up a bit to put less stress on his legs and hopefully keep him off injury list. It's not like the league has centers like Shaq or Ewing anymore so he really could afford to slim up and still be stronger than pretty much everyone else except Dwight (Perk also slimmed up).

Fisher worries me, father time caught up.

Artest has reportedly embraced his bench role and I think that's a good thing. I was calling for that last year so he could have a better opportunity to fit in more comfortably instead of the awkwardness of him trying to adjust to 4th option or even 5th on the floor. I like Brown's decision to make him 6th man and leader of the bench. I think it will help him have his confidence up and head right late in games being able to get rolling earlier as leader of the bench and a main option when he enters.

If the team stays as is now, 4th seed with the most dangerous man in the game come playoffs. Have a hard time seeing a finals appearance though, and an even harder time seeing a ring.

showtym24
12-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Kobe will have his best season since 07-08, will make a run at MVP and championship and shut stupid ****s like you and bill simmons up.

showtym24
12-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Troll. :)

Lakeshow24KB
12-16-2011, 10:17 PM
Watch Kobe have a career season and get another ring and then go to Vanessa and make her beg for him.

The Flash
12-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Watch Kobe have a career season and get another ring and then go to Vanessa and make her beg for him.

lol

PHX2daDEATH
12-16-2011, 10:29 PM
truth is, nobody comes in and replaces Phil Jackson not even the ultimate Mike Brown...Lakers are going to struggle with no Lamar, & Bynum and Gasol not feeling wanted anymore..they might not even be the best team in the division anymore..If Golden St would Squeeze Monta Ellis and get a legit 3..the lakers might not even be the 3rd best team in the division..

shep33
12-16-2011, 10:32 PM
truth is, nobody comes in and replaces Phil Jackson not even the ultimate Mike Brown...Lakers are going to struggle with no Lamar, & Bynum and Gasol not feeling wanted anymore..they might not even be the best team in the division anymore..If Golden St would Squeeze Monta Ellis and get a legit 3..the lakers might not even be the 3rd best team in the division..

Mave1002
12-16-2011, 10:40 PM
A wild troll appears.....

:D "dnewguy" never fail to put a smirk on my face. I miss "doldguy" thought who, once upon a time rooted for the lakers.

hahaha what a joke.