PDA

View Full Version : Should/Can the Knicks pick up Andy Rautins?

NYKSpiritBomb
12-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Is it possible for them to pick up Rautins, and if so, do you think they should?

uprightciti
12-16-2011, 06:45 PM
not til july 1

billsftw
12-16-2011, 06:48 PM
isnt he on the mavs?

NYKSpiritBomb
12-16-2011, 06:50 PM
mavs just cut him http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/basketball/mavericks-waive-guard-andy-rautins/article2272600/

Punk
12-16-2011, 06:50 PM
He was waived by the Mavs and I do not know why he deserves his own thread in the General board....

NYKSpiritBomb
12-16-2011, 06:54 PM
its not more of if the knicks should really, i'm just curious if a team who trades a player who in turn is cut by that team can be picked up on waivers by the team that just traded him? It is general NBA related.

NYYCowboys
12-16-2011, 06:59 PM
He was waived by the Mavs and I do not know why he deserves his own thread in the General board....

Yeah now the other fans will crucify Knicks fans SMH....

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-16-2011, 07:01 PM
The real question is...who the hell is Andy Rautins:laugh2:?

NYKSpiritBomb
12-16-2011, 07:03 PM
just wanted to know if a team can pick up a guy on waivers after the team they traded him to cuts him. if you don't know, don't ****ing write anything, because it is a general NBA procedural question.

NYKSpiritBomb
12-16-2011, 07:04 PM
You guys obviously don't ****ing know

bholly
12-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Andy Rautins?

This is pretty much the definition of a thread that should be in the Knicks forum. Hell, I don't go in there much, but I'd guess that even in the Knicks forum it should probably just go in the trade and FA ideas thread, rather than being its own.

Evolution23
12-16-2011, 07:05 PM
not sure but I don't think he's that good anyway

NYKSpiritBomb
12-16-2011, 07:06 PM
it doesn't matter if you know who he is, can they ****ing pick him up you ****ing losers

bholly
12-16-2011, 07:09 PM
just wanted to know if a team can pick up a guy on waivers after the team they traded him to cuts him. if you don't know, don't ****ing write anything, because it is a general NBA procedural question.

Well make it clear you're asking about the procedural then - the way it reads make it seem like it's very much a personnel question. You don't even mention trading or waivers or anything.

To answer the procedural question: under the new CBA (according to that early summary document), to sign a player that you traded and was then waived, you have to wait 1 year from the date of the trade or until the July 1 following the last season of the waived contract. Whichever is earliest.

So no the Knicks can't sign him.

NYKSpiritBomb
12-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Well make it clear you're asking about the procedural then - the way it reads make it seem like it's very much a personnel question. You don't even mention trading or waivers or anything.

To answer the procedural question: under the new CBA (according to that early summary document), to sign a player that you traded and was then waived, you have to wait 1 year from the date of the trade or until the July 1 following the last season of the waived contract.

So no the Knicks can't sign him.

Thank you :clap:

bholly
12-16-2011, 07:14 PM
You're welcome. I almost deleted the answer once I saw how you were going off on people, though. Next time, if you want help, at least be clear about the question, and don't be so uncool about people misunderstanding when you aren't clear.

Tebow15Time
12-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Is it possible for them to pick up Rautins, and if so, do you think they should?

i fail to see how a Injury reserve/scrub being a free agent calls for a thread, especially since this is the NBA not the knicks forum

maybe i can make a jason collins thread and get a few pages out of it

Cromedome
12-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Don't we have enough water boys?

BranWingss
12-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Superstar... for Canadian basketball.

NYKSpiritBomb
12-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Don't we have enough water boys?

lol Andy Rautins is in his sig :facepalm:!!!

Bulls_fan90
12-16-2011, 07:36 PM

it doesn't matter if you know who he is, can they ****ing pick him up you ****ing losers

Did you post this before or after nap time?

mavwar53
12-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Knicks Forum, really read the whole first page an no one has pointed out this thread has no business being in the NBA forum.

NYKSpiritBomb
12-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Did you post this before or after nap time?

get a life you tool

bholly
12-16-2011, 07:41 PM

Yeah now the other fans will crucify Knicks fans SMH....

Andy Rautins?

This is pretty much the definition of a thread that should be in the Knicks forum. Hell, I don't go in there much, but I'd guess that even in the Knicks forum it should probably just go in the trade and FA ideas thread, rather than being its own.

Knicks Forum, really read the whole first page an no one has pointed out this thread has no business being in the NBA forum.

no you didnt.

Cromedome
12-16-2011, 07:49 PM
lol Andy Rautins is in his sig :facepalm:!!!

LOL ....he's wearing a suit! Water anyone?

billsftw
12-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Thank you :clap:

that answer was already posted in post # 2
****ing loser :facepalm: :p

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-16-2011, 07:53 PM

:facepalm:

John Walls Era
12-16-2011, 08:03 PM
OP Mad.

NYKSpiritBomb
12-16-2011, 08:04 PM
i don't know why I come on here, at least my thread had some sort of substance. i read some of the dumbest **** on here on NBA Forum and half of that **** should be in team forums, especially LA and Miami related. Was my question misworded to my intention? yes, my bad dude. But most of you clearly knew what the question is indicating, considering it was on a topic many aren't so sure about, but instead of giving an answer, you whine about its placement.

AddiX
12-16-2011, 08:07 PM
If younguys don't like the thread, than WTF did you bother to come in and post for. That makes you a far bigger loser than the guy who started the thread.

NYYCowboys
12-16-2011, 08:10 PM
i don't know why I come on here, at least my thread had some sort of substance. i read some of the dumbest **** on here on NBA Forum and half of that **** should be in team forums, especially LA and Miami related. Was my question misworded to my intention? yes, my bad dude. But most of you clearly knew what the question is indicating, considering it was on a topic many aren't so sure about, but instead of giving an answer, you whine about its placement.

Andy Rautins is a scrub no one cares in the general NBA forum dude. I'm 100% sure the mods in the Knicks forum wouldn't even let this be a thread there.

Any non-major Knicks related questions like this should be posted here: http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676675

Not trying to be a douche just trying to help you out since you're new.

1-800-STFU
12-16-2011, 08:25 PM

lol u mad

king4day
12-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Last cba they had to wait a month to resign with their old team following a trade and release. I'm pretty sure it was changed to a year now to stop the shadyness.

I'm going to close this thread . I understand what you are asking but the thread title didn't reflect it and it's ben viewed and posted by many already.

You can recreate it with the appropriate title if you'd like.