PDA

View Full Version : Bulls waive Keith Bogans...

asandhu23
12-16-2011, 05:49 PM
should we get him?

MackShock
12-16-2011, 05:53 PM
good defender type..but we have our backup 3 in McGuire..I dont see him getting any PT at the 2 if Klay is gonna be backup...

so no.

goldenstater
12-16-2011, 06:21 PM
i think he would be a solid backup gaurd. would help solidify our bench i think.

mavwar53
12-16-2011, 06:31 PM
No thanks, if we had a championship type starting lineup sure but with what we have now its not worth it, he'd step on the PT of Klay and that would be the worst thing we could do.

Monta is beast
12-16-2011, 09:19 PM
No thanks, if we had a championship type starting lineup sure but with what we have now its not worth it, he'd step on the PT of Klay and that would be the worst thing we could do.

This. And he's not big enough to guard small forwards.

MackShock
12-16-2011, 09:45 PM
but hes a great defender..maybe he can guard small forwards

Leandres_sf
12-16-2011, 10:35 PM
If they're as high on Klay as they seem, I wouldn't see him playing. McGuire will be guarding the 3's.

Scoots
12-16-2011, 11:00 PM
At G with Curry, Jenkins, Smith, and Ellis getting PG minutes, Ellis, Thompson, and Curry getting SG minutes that's 96 minutes for 5 players, so a couple at 30+ and a couple in the teens and there are no more minutes in the back court.

At F Wright, McGuire, and Thompson will get all of the SF minutes, Lee, Udoh, and Biedrins will get the PF minutes and hopefully none of them averages more than 30 minutes.

At C Biedrins, Brown, Udoh, and Tyler should split it probably in that minute order.

At this point in free agency, short of a major surprise signing, I don't see anybody coming on the team that will get major minutes without taking minutes away from a youngster we need to have on the court. That said, if Bogans comes in it would probably be as a locker room/bench leader and SG defensive stopper only.

likemystylez
12-16-2011, 11:51 PM
At G with Curry, Jenkins, Smith, and Ellis getting PG minutes, Ellis, Thompson, and Curry getting SG minutes that's 96 minutes for 5 players, so a couple at 30+ and a couple in the teens and there are no more minutes in the back court.

At F Wright, McGuire, and Thompson will get all of the SF minutes, Lee, Udoh, and Biedrins will get the PF minutes and hopefully none of them averages more than 30 minutes.

At C Biedrins, Brown, Udoh, and Tyler should split it probably in that minute order.

At this point in free agency, short of a major surprise signing, I don't see anybody coming on the team that will get major minutes without taking minutes away from a youngster we need to have on the court. That said, if Bogans comes in it would probably be as a locker room/bench leader and SG defensive stopper only.

Lee will get more than 30 minutes at the 4 spot. Also, I wouldnt expect beidrins to play too much 4. I think Udoh will be the primary backup with amundson playing some spot minutes and perhaps mcguire playing some as well.

and i wouldnt expect to see Tyler in the rotation at all his rookie season.

likemystylez
12-16-2011, 11:53 PM
good defender type..but we have our backup 3 in McGuire..I dont see him getting any PT at the 2 if Klay is gonna be backup...

so no.

actually- I think bogans could help the warriors as much or more than kwame brown. hes one of the best wing defenders in the league. I would get him and waive someone if you have too.

PatelJ1010
12-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Ok 2 scenarios will occur:

With Bogans:

PG- Curry, Ish Smith/ Charles Jenkins
SG- Ellis, Bogans, Klay Thompson
SF- Wright, Bogans/McGuire, Thompson
PF- Lee, Udoh, Jeremy Tyler
C- K. Brown (I think he starts), A. Biedrins, Lou Amundson

Without him:

PG- Curry, Ish Smith/ Charles Jenkins
SG- Ellis, Klay Thompson
SF- Wright, McGuire, Thompson
PF- Lee, Udoh, Jeremy Tyler
C- K. Brown, A. Biedrins, Lou Amundson

Scoots
12-17-2011, 01:09 AM
True, Lee will probably get more than 30, I'm hoping for less than 35 though. Biedrins might play some 4 against some very big teams ... might.

Is Bogans STILL a top level wing defender? I thought he fell off a lot. Either way, we could use a defensive example in the back court now that we have one at C and one at PF and one at SF.

MackShock
12-17-2011, 01:15 AM
actually- I think bogans could help the warriors as much or more than kwame brown. hes one of the best wing defenders in the league. I would get him and waive someone if you have too.

get him and waive gary flowers