PDA

View Full Version : Chauncey Billups: Me and CP3 are going to cause teams a lot of problems

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 05:24 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/chauncey-billups-im-in/

Great read. Also explains how Clippers won the Billups bid in detail. I still don't get how teams are going to guard CP3, Billups, Butler and Griffin. Any one of them can iso. 3 of them shot 40+ percent from deep last year. Griffin ranked second in the L for points in paint. Then you have DJ where if you leave him wide open he will dunk on you.. if you don't box him out he will kill you on offensive class.

HouRealCoach
12-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Alot of tough talk... I know Billups can back up his words tho

justinnum1
12-16-2011, 05:25 PM
Yea they are, too bad the games are on so late...will have to watch them when they play in the east coast

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Yea they are, too bad the games are on so late...will have to watch them when they play in the east coast

LOL yea most games for the team start at 7:30 pacific.. which means start time of 10:30 for you. Good news is we have the 5th most nationally televised schedule in the NBA last I saw in the new 66 game schedule. Meaning many more mid day games. I think Clippers have 23 nationally televised games compared to like 8 or 10 last year.

Evolution23
12-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Just glad Billups went to a great team like the Clippers

dnewguy
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Much ado about nothing.

Ovratd1up
12-16-2011, 05:35 PM
He must mean they are retiring together, or something like that. Weird.

xnick5757
12-16-2011, 05:37 PM
CP3 and I will cause teams a lot of problems.

So billups is playing the 2 spot?

Toxeryll
12-16-2011, 05:38 PM
No. Its gonna be Paul and Griffin that will cause teams a lot of problems.

akia83
12-16-2011, 05:38 PM

Yeah 4.30am is a little bit worse than 2am :) :)

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 05:40 PM
So billups is playing the 2 spot?

Yup.

CP3
Billups
Butler
Griffin
DJ

Bench: Foye, Williams, Bledsoe, Thompkins and Leslie (rookies, good upside), Brian Cook.

Team is looking to move one of our guards (probably Mo) for a back up center right now.

Avenged
12-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Oh now he's happy :p

I don't know about him and CP3 causing a lot of problems but CP3 and Blake will.

beardown4243
12-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Who is Billups kidding? He doesn't cause a matchup problem in any way. He isn't tall enough to guard a lot of 2 guards in the NBA, and it's not like he's that fast where he is going to blow by bigger 2s. Don't get me wrong he's a great player, but they are going to have the matchup problems on defense.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 05:53 PM
Who is Billups kidding? He doesn't cause a matchup problem in any way. He isn't tall enough to guard a lot of 2 guards in the NBA, and it's not like he's that fast where he is going to blow by bigger 2s. Don't get me wrong he's a great player, but they are going to have the matchup problems on defense.

Are you ignorant or jealous? I can't tell which. Billups doesn't cause any match up problems? He's been a match up problem on offense his entire career. The guy put up 17, 3 and 5.5 last year. Now he's in a system with MANY more unselfish players and players who demand more defensive attention. Meaning tons of wide open shots. Playing with a CP3/Griffin duo is going to be much easier for wing players than playing with Melo/Amare. Why? Because both are elite playmakers/passers for their position. Griffin loves passing and CP3 is arguably the best passer in the game.

Unlike the Knicks... who have two guys you have to worry about.. the Clippers have 4 guys that can burn you for 20+ any night. Wait and see for yourself. Sure on D he may struggle but the elite guards like Kobe.... but he's a physical, underrated defender and will do fine against most of them.

dtmagnet
12-16-2011, 05:54 PM
So before he only wanted to go to the Heat but suddenly he's a-ok?

Iodine
12-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Let's be honest, CP3 and a stale pastry can cause most teams problems

Baller1
12-16-2011, 06:20 PM
The Clippers are going to be so ****ing good. Look what Paul did with nothing in New Orleans, and now he's got this kinda talent? It's gonna be scary.

Jewelz0376
12-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Billups will actually probably do a better job guarding 2's than he does with pgs at this point in his career consider how quick and athletic the pg's are today... It will be like when AI and Snow played together...

I'll admit I wish Cp3 would've gone to the Lakers, but i dont mind that he ended up going to the clippers...that will be fun to watch..

Sota4Ever
12-16-2011, 06:25 PM
I love how one person disagrees and he is called ignorant or jealous. Since when has it been bad to voice your opinion? You started this thread so other people could talk about it not everyone is going to agree with it and you.:facepalm:

beardown4243
12-16-2011, 06:37 PM
Are you ignorant or jealous? I can't tell which. Billups doesn't cause any match up problems? He's been a match up problem on offense his entire career. The guy put up 17, 3 and 5.5 last year. Now he's in a system with MANY more unselfish players and players who demand more defensive attention. Meaning tons of wide open shots. Playing with a CP3/Griffin duo is going to be much easier for wing players than playing with Melo/Amare. Why? Because both are elite playmakers/passers for their position. Griffin loves passing and CP3 is arguably the best passer in the game.

Unlike the Knicks... who have two guys you have to worry about.. the Clippers have 4 guys that can burn you for 20+ any night. Wait and see for yourself. Sure on D he may struggle but the elite guards like Kobe.... but he's a physical, underrated defender and will do fine against most of them.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, I've always liked him. All I'm saying is there won't be any opponents that will go into a game worried about who is guarding Billups. I'm not jealous I think the team will be fun to watch, but it's going to be because of CP3 and Griffin.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I love how one person disagrees and he is called ignorant or jealous. Since when has it been bad to voice your opinion? You started this thread so other people could talk about it not everyone is going to agree with it and you.:facepalm:

It's fine if people disagree logically but it's funny how people are just being negative just to hate. Like claiming we have no depth, no outside shooting, no defense which are all lies. This squad is loaded and has capable offense AND defensive players. Him saying Billups isn't a match up problem is a lie. Especially when Billups slides to PG for us. He is one of the original big PG's. He's the very definition of a match up problem.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm not saying he's a bad player, I've always liked him. All I'm saying is there won't be any opponents that will go into a game worried about who is guarding Billups. I'm not jealous I think the team will be fun to watch, but it's going to be because of CP3 and Griffin.

Billups isn't going to go Iso and drop 50 on people but I think you're underestimating what Billups and even Butler can do. Imagine the defense CP3 and Griffin will attract? As the opposing team you wouldn't be scared of a wide open Chauncey Billups? CP3's kick outs to Billups are going to be straight DEADLY. Billups shot like 41 or 42 percent from deep last year.

*Superman*
12-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Clippers should be fun to watch, they play on Christmas right?

Carey
12-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Offensively i like it, defensively not so much, Billups has really declined on that end, but like an earlier poster stated, he'll be better off guarding 2's that arent as quick

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Offensively i like it, defensively not so much, Billups has really declined on that end, but like an earlier poster stated, he'll be better off guarding 2's that arent as quick

Yea the thing is if Chauncey was our starting 1 this season instead of CP3 we would of been even worse off defensively. Our starting 5 should be strong all around on both ends. Billups won't get burned as much guarding 2's as he will 1's. Defensively Billups is definitely a weaker point... but CP3+Butler+Jordan will anchor our defense nicely. Jordan has supposedly improved a lot this offseason and was already turning into a bonafide defensive anchor.

Then you have Griffin who claims his D's improved (we'll see). Throw in CP3 who anchored the Hornets defense along with Okafor last season which was a very good defensive unit. Then you throw in Butler who's one of the better perimeter defenders in the game when healthy. No reason this team should struggle defensively.

NYMetropolitans
12-16-2011, 06:54 PM
I CANNOT WAIT to face the Clippers and Chauncey....lost a lot of respect for that dude.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 06:56 PM
Clippers should be fun to watch, they play on Christmas right?

Yes. They play the Warriors at 7:30 pm PST... 10:30 pm EST. I'm concerned though because Billups and CP3 aren't practicing with team for first time until tomorrow morning. That means our team has like a week to gel before season. I expect the team to have a similar path to Miami Heat last year. Struggle first 10 games.. but once they mesh... have a massive winning month or two straight before balancing out a little bit.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 06:58 PM
I CANNOT WAIT to face the Clippers and Chauncey....lost a lot of respect for that dude.

You think the Knicks are going to beat the Clippers? Last year we murdered you guys. You won a close game when Blake was still learning the game... but he dropped 44 on you. Then next game we blew you out easily without Eric Gordon. I just don't think the Knicks matched up favorably with the Clippers and even more so this year.

CP3 vs Douglas
Billups vs Fields
Butler vs Melo
Griffin vs Amare
Jordan vs Chandler

Chandler and Jordan will cancel each other out. Griffin and Amare probably cancel each other out. Melo will kill Butler. Billups and CP3 will kill Douglas/Bibby and Fields.

beardown4243
12-16-2011, 06:59 PM
It's fine if people disagree logically but it's funny how people are just being negative just to hate. Like claiming we have no depth, no outside shooting, no defense which are all lies. This squad is loaded and has capable offense AND defensive players. Him saying Billups isn't a match up problem is a lie. Especially when Billups slides to PG for us. He is one of the original big PG's. He's the very definition of a match up problem.

I think you are overrating him. You want to talk about logic? Billups is a point guard playing out of position and your argument is that is a good thing? He will probably get his share of open three's and he will knock them down, but that doesn't make him a matchup problem. Also your logic that the 6 minutes a game where CP3 isn't in the game, when Billups is going against a smaller point guard is something I can't argue against that.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 07:01 PM
I think you are overrating him. You want to talk about logic? Billups is a point guard playing out of position and your argument is that is a good thing? He will probably get his share of open three's and he will knock them down, but that doesn't make him a matchup problem. Also your logic that the 6 minutes a game where CP3 isn't in the game, when Billups is going against a smaller point guard is something I can't argue against that.

Before Billups got to Detroit he played SG a lot. He's a combo guard and at his age with a slowed down game.. he's going to be much better off at SG than PG anyways. I'd rather him guard Kobe than Derrick Rose. BTW Billups said they are going to cause problems due to their ability to make plays. He didn't specify "I'm going to be a match up problem". Their versatility combined is going to cause serious problems though and that's a fact.

Katspinal1313
12-16-2011, 07:02 PM
They are going to be a very solid Defensive team, and a straight up nightmare on Offense. Billups is a willing defender who will body up on the bigger guys. Not the type of guy you post up and just go to work. And even when he does get beat with speed you have Two bigs who love to jump...aint exactly an easy pickings...plus CP3 loves to D down and strip guys, and Chauncy plays with a great basketball IQ. None of these guys are ball stoppers and only Billups is in danager of getting slower, but speed was never his game anyway. The way this team is structured just makes sense over the teams that just throw any superstars together. Scary good.... top 3 seed for sure, wouldn't be suprised if they win the West if they can gel quick, and I think they will.

Carey
12-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Yea the thing is if Chauncey was our starting 1 this season instead of CP3 we would of been even worse off defensively. Our starting 5 should be strong all around on both ends. Billups won't get burned as much guarding 2's as he will 1's. Defensively Billups is definitely a weaker point... but CP3+Butler+Jordan will anchor our defense nicely. Jordan has supposedly improved a lot this offseason and was already turning into a bonafide defensive anchor.

Then you have Griffin who claims his D's improved (we'll see). Throw in CP3 who anchored the Hornets defense along with Okafor last season which was a very good defensive unit. Then you throw in Butler who's one of the better perimeter defenders in the game when healthy. No reason this team should struggle defensively.

They'll be some two's that Billups flat out wont be able to guard, Butler will have to guard them and your hopeful that whoever the SF is will be someone can at least contain somewhat. Having DJ on the back end challenging shots will certaintly help.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 07:07 PM
They are going to be a very solid Defensive team, and a straight up nightmare on Offense. Billups is a willing defender who will body up on the bigger guys. Not the type of guy you post up and just go to work. And even when he does get beat with speed you have Two bigs who love to jump...aint exactly an easy pickings...plus CP3 loves to D down and strip guys, and Chauncy plays with a great basketball IQ. None of these guys are ball stoppers and only Billups is in danager of getting slower, but speed was never his game anyway. The way this team is structured just makes sense over the teams that just throw any superstars together. Scary good.... top 3 seed for sure, wouldn't be suprised if they win the West if they can gel quick, and I think they will.

Dang man... you definitely see it the way I do. Most logically structured team with multiple star players in the NBA. CP3/Griffin should be the most balanced two man punch in the game too. I'm a big believer of building championship teams with a dominant inside/out punch. Just so happens we have a 26 year old superstar PG now to pair with the 22 year old PF who many feel can go down as a top 5 PF eventually.

KJ/Charles Barkley 2.0.

Everybody should take notes from Katspinal. He knows WTF he's talking about. I'm seriously surprised so many people are claiming our team has massive holes and will suck on D.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 07:09 PM
They'll be some two's that Billups flat out wont be able to guard, Butler will have to guard them and your hopeful that whoever the SF is will be someone can at least contain somewhat. Having DJ on the back end challenging shots will certaintly help.

Great points. I was thinking the same thing. Put Billups on some SF's and switch Butler to the SG spot. We have a bunch of strong, short guards and we just need to figure it out. I'm 100 percent sure we will run a 3 guard+Griffin+DJ line up decently often too.

Carey
12-16-2011, 07:10 PM
I personally think they could use a couple tough minded veteran defensive players to balance things out. Keith Bogans would be a good get for them, then a veteran defensive big.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 07:11 PM
I personally think they could use a couple tough minded veteran defensive players to balance things out. Keith Bogans would be a good get for them, then a veteran defensive big.

Front office agrees with you. Clippers are looking at Reggie Evans, Sammy Dalembert, Joel Przybilla right now. They want a defensive minded, tough back up big in the paint.

LOOTERX9
12-16-2011, 07:11 PM
Billups is fragile nowadays. He killed KNICK's chances in playoffs by hurting knee and not playing. I don't take billups seriously anymore

ManRam
12-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Nice to see he's not pouting.

People are over-blowing Billups' "size". Paul and Billups can be on the court together 20-25 minutes a game easy. If Felton and Lawson were as effective as they were, these two can be too. Sure, Chauncey is getting old, but he's still very strong, physical, smart and crafty...I think he can guard 80+% of the SGs in the league without much problem.

Geargo Wallace
12-16-2011, 07:12 PM
luckily I'm a University boy who stays up late anyways. I'm going to stream a few Clippers games this year.

5ass
12-16-2011, 07:13 PM
billups at the 2, is not a bad option, i just think they should go after stevenson/bogans or both. Put one of them in the starting line up, but playing only 10-15 mpg, cp3 and billups will still see alot of playing time together. Plus they will add much needed depth at the sg position

Cromedome
12-16-2011, 07:14 PM
This CP3 trade made the Clippers playable on 2k12 (and 2k11 after the trade). Great.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 07:17 PM
This CP3 trade made the Clippers playable on 2k12 (and 2k11 after the trade). Great.

I'm 4-0 on 2K12 with new Clips on the online play lol. Beat Heat users twice.. Lakers once, Thunder once. People used to pick average teams to play against Clips now they pick the elite ones.

Iodine
12-16-2011, 07:18 PM

Wait, you don't respect Billups but respect Melo?

Carey
Front office agrees with you. Clippers are looking at Reggie Evans, Sammy Dalembert, Joel Przybilla right now. They want a defensive minded, tough back up big in the paint.

All would be good gets, i think the recently released Bogans would be a great get, even if he didnt crack the end of the rotation he'd be a nice veteran presence,

Clippersfan86
billups at the 2, is not a bad option, i just think they should go after stevenson/bogans or both. Put one of them in the starting line up, but playing only 10-15 mpg, cp3 and billups will still see alot of playing time together. Plus they will add much needed depth at the sg position

We have too many combo guards. We need to address back up center first. Foye averaged 16 ppg, 4 rpg and 5 apg last year for nearly 20 games when Eric Gordon was out so he's fine backing up Billups. DeAndre Jordan is a foul machine and if we don't find him a back up we are going to be in trouble. I'd rather have Foye/Bledsoe come in as undersized 2's... than play Brian Cook at the 5 :confused:.

Iodine
12-16-2011, 07:20 PM
And for those who complain about he late starts, just do what I do and never sleep

NY4LIFE 10
12-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Chris paul is not the best passer in the game hes in maybe the top 5 dude.... #1 isn't even a pg..... 1. Lebron 2. Nash 3. Baron Davis is healthy 4. and 5. are between cps. d-will and rondo

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 07:27 PM
My question is this. Who's going to be our closer? We have 4 guys in starting 5 that are pretty clutch. Griffin showed a lot of promise in the clutch last year in the post and on the boards. Hell he even hit a clutch 3 to seal game vs Warriors.

Then you have CP3 and Billups.. both known clutch players who are cold blooded. Caron is also capable of creating for himself in the clutch. I personally think CP3 will be.... but Billups will also help carry it. Griffin and Butler if those two aren't getting a look.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Chris paul is not the best passer in the game hes in maybe the top 5 dude.... #1 isn't even a pg..... 1. Lebron 2. Nash 3. Baron Davis is healthy 4. and 5. are between cps. d-will and rondo

:facepalm:. Really dude? Lebron, Baron are better playmakers? Only debatable one for me is Nash. I think CP3 is a better playmaker than both Rondo and Deron. The dude has higher career averages on assists while playing with far less talent than those two guys.

Iodine
12-16-2011, 07:31 PM

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4083/5055032357_69d1d1be72.jpg

Raps18-19 Champ
12-16-2011, 07:33 PM
CP3 and I.

Dumbass.

5ass
12-16-2011, 07:34 PM
We have too many combo guards. We need to address back up center first. Foye averaged 16 ppg, 4 rpg and 5 apg last year for nearly 20 games when Eric Gordon was out so he's fine backing up Billups. DeAndre Jordan is a foul machine and if we don't find him a back up we are going to be in trouble. I'd rather have Foye/Bledsoe come in as undersized 2's... than play Brian Cook at the 5 :confused:.

i would sign a combination of fesenko, przybilla, and maybe dampier to backup deandre.

shep33
12-16-2011, 07:34 PM
defensively its not good for them IMO. Your gonna ask Billups to guard Kobe, Wade, and bigger faster 2 guards

5ass
12-16-2011, 07:36 PM
oh and trade mo will, clippers dont need him

ManRam
12-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Wait, you don't respect Billups but respect Melo?

:laugh:

Chauncey was a huge baby here...but it's definitely pot calling the kettle black.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 07:41 PM
i would sign a combination of fesenko, przybilla, and maybe dampier to backup deandre.

I think Fesenko would be an underrated pick up. I like his physical style. Reminds me of Mozgov a bit.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 07:42 PM
:laugh2:

It's a joke. Calm down.

I was directing that comment to Billups anyways.

My bad. I thought it was directed at me because 2 other people complained about it too. :D. I'll be less defensive next time.

LeonFSU
12-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Sounds like Cook is ready for a big year. I expect Otis Smith to make a big play for him. Something like Ryan Anderson and three first round picks.

blahblahyoutoo
12-16-2011, 07:45 PM
CP3 and I.

It's basic English.

Clippersfan86
Sounds like Cook is ready for a big year. I expect Otis Smith to make a big play for him. Something like Ryan Anderson and three first round picks.

LMFAO. How funny would it be if he did indeed improve though and lights teams up as a back up? Humorous thing is people like to bag on Cook but he got us back into multiple games last year. When the dude catches fire... it's crazy. I remember one game he had 4 threes in the 4th quarter and made a blowout a close game.

5ass
I think Fesenko would be an underrated pick up. I like his physical style. Reminds me of Mozgov a bit.

exactly, he reminds me of mozgov too, plus he's huge.
deandre 28-30 mpg (if he can stay out of foul trouble u give him more), fesenko 10-12 mpg, przybilla 6-8 mpg. Solid rotation.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 07:51 PM
exactly, he reminds me of mozgov too, plus he's huge.
deandre 28-30 mpg (if he can stay out of foul trouble u give him more), fesenko 10-12 mpg, przybilla 6-8 mpg. Solid rotation.

Yea. Both are big guys who like to deliver hard fouls. Perfect for what we need. Oaf style 7 footers who are good for 6 fouls lol. :).

5ass
12-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Yea. Both are big guys who like to deliver hard fouls. Perfect for what we need. Oaf style 7 footers who are good for 6 fouls lol. :).

its not much, but its probably the best you can get for the vet min.

Chronz
12-16-2011, 08:01 PM
I'm 4-0 on 2K12 with new Clips on the online play lol. Beat Heat users twice.. Lakers once, Thunder once. People used to pick average teams to play against Clips now they pick the elite ones.

14-1

I used to pick the Nets because I like having a PG with a dominant big but this is too easy

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 08:16 PM
14-1

I used to pick the Nets because I like having a PG with a dominant big but this is too easy

:clap: Crazy. It's funny because I have to scroll the teams fast because I know people are going to try to pick my Clippers against me and I ain't about to allow that sh** to happen!

S-Dot
12-16-2011, 08:31 PM
the clips still need a decent SG with more height...I hope they aren't settling with this as their back court.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 08:42 PM
the clips still need a decent SG with more height...I hope they aren't settling with this as their back court.

CP3/Billups is better than over half of the starting backcourts in the NBA. Hell it may even be top 10.

Fisher/Kobe :facepalm:
Rondo/Allen=worse
Douglas/Fields=worse
Calderon/Derozan=worse
Nash/Brown=worse
Rose/Hamilton=slightly worse
Irving/Parker (or Gee)=worse
Walker/Stuckey=worse
Collison/Rush=worse

This list is getting too long so I stopped. From a quick glance they are easily top 10 backcourt. Point is you'll have a hard time finding 10 backcourts that combine to contribute more. People saying it's a weak backcourt are smoking crack. Almost every other PG/SG combo in the league has a weak link. If Chauncey's 17 ppg, 5.5 apg is your weak link at SG you're in great shape.

S-Dot
12-16-2011, 08:56 PM
CP3/Billups is better than over half of the starting backcourts in the NBA. Hell it may even be top 10.

This list is getting too long so I stopped. From a quick glance they are easily top 10 backcourt. Point is you'll have a hard time finding 10 backcourts that combine to contribute more. People saying it's a weak backcourt are smoking crack. Almost every other PG/SG combo in the league has a weak link. If Chauncey's 17 ppg, 5.5 apg is your weak link at SG you're in great shape.

Haha :laugh: take it easy on my Knicks' backcourt. D'ANtoni will have them overachieving. CP3/Chauncey will do well, but I just think thats a burden having Chauncey play SG on defense night in and night out, especially when the clips have assets to trade/sign a decent SG. And I dont't see the 17 ppg.

Clippersfan86
12-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Haha :laugh: take it easy on my Knicks' backcourt. D'ANtoni will have them overachieving. CP3/Chauncey will do well, but I just think thats a burden having Chauncey play SG on defense night in and night out, especially when the clips have assets to trade/sign a decent SG. And I dont't see the 17 ppg.

Sorry I should of included the great Bibby :D. Naw but I understand.. Billups may be a bit slow on D.. I just think people are overstating it like he's going to suck at SG. He should be solid at least. I think our biggest priority needs to be back up center. DeAndre likes to foul and has no back up. Randy Foye put up like 16 ppg, 5 apg as starter when Eric Gordon went down so he's a good backup for Billups till we can find a decent SG.

S-Dot
12-16-2011, 09:15 PM
Sorry I should of included the great Bibby :D. Naw but I understand.. Billups may be a bit slow on D.. I just think people are overstating it like he's going to suck at SG. He should be solid at least. I think our biggest priority needs to be back up center. DeAndre likes to foul and has no back up. Randy Foye put up like 16 ppg, 5 apg as starter when Eric Gordon went down so he's a good backup for Billups till we can find a decent SG.

I posted in the clips forum wondering what the deal was Nick Young. He's a USC alum who can put up some points, especially if he can play with cp3.

BlinkManJan02
12-16-2011, 09:16 PM
I had no idea Billups was on the Clippers.

FriedTofuz
12-16-2011, 10:44 PM
At 34 years of age, You'd think he would speak properly.CP3 AND I*

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2011, 10:47 PM
At 34 years of age, You'd think he would speak properly.CP3 AND I*

LOL true, but listening to Mumbly Billups speak in general, that guy can't enunciate much less physically open his mouth if his life depended on it.

njnets
12-16-2011, 10:51 PM
well, looks like he is on board with the idea of playing with CP3. i thought it could have been a problem but he sounds excited to play with this team.

the have to trade mo williams for a backup bigman. they have foye and bledsoe in the backcourt, they need depth up front.

Chronz
12-16-2011, 10:53 PM
The lack of dominating SG field really minimizes the fact that we dont have a pure 2 but we should still pick up a Deshawn/Bogans type if we can.

shep33
12-16-2011, 11:05 PM
The lack of dominating SG field really minimizes the fact that we dont have a pure 2 but we should still pick up a Deshawn/Bogans type if we can.

In the Laker forum we were talking about Boguns too. Good fit for you guys, but then I wonder how Chauncey would respond. I think he expects to start at the 2.

Chronz
12-16-2011, 11:27 PM
I would still start Chauncey, the true 2 is just for defensive purposes if Chauncey proves not up to the task in a playoff game.

3mikee_
12-16-2011, 11:32 PM
I really hope Chauncey kills it... Hopefully another championship for him before he retires. love the way he plays.

NYKnicks4511
12-16-2011, 11:40 PM
Bigger backcourts will give them trouble, but if Butler returns to form and Billups stays healthy I wouldn't be surprised if the Clips are a top 3 seed in the West this year.

iggypop123
12-16-2011, 11:40 PM
keith bogans. i know he suprised in the playoffs but ask the plethora of bulls fans on the site. they despised him. he was awful. billups will really hurt them defensively. offensively he is basically a spot up shooter or will play the jack role drive and kick with paul doing the same until they find somebody open

shep33
12-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Bigger backcourts will give them trouble, but if Butler returns to form and Billups stays healthy I wouldn't be surprised if the Clips are a top 3 seed in the West this year.

Dallas, OKC I think are top 2 right now... then the Lakers, Grizz, Clips, and Portland are all up there.

People are counting the Lakers out too easily right now, this team won 57 games last year with a team that was beat up all year long. Barnes had knee surgery during the year, Gasol was just broken down by all the minutes he played, Bynum was out, and Kobe was playing injured most of last year. Despite all that they still won a ton of games.

Let's not forget that they were going for 4 straight finals... the last team to do that was the Celtics 20 some odd years ago

DragonJaii
12-16-2011, 11:48 PM
billups must hate the knicks, i can see him scoring 30+ on the them