PDA

View Full Version : The Mavericks

cbreezy34
12-16-2011, 03:26 PM
Right now the Mavericks and Mark Cuban are representing what I don't like about the NBA. I like many jumped on the Mavericks bandwagon during their playoff run and fell in love with the team. They were the true definition of a team and played the game the right way. J.J. was the perfect 6th man to come off the bench to break down the defenses and drive to the basket... Chandler made up for Dirk's lack of D and was the true anchor on defense.... Stevenson was a shutdown defender who knocked down a couple of big threes every game. Chemistry is invaluable and something that cannot just be created out of thin air and it's dissapointing to see the Mavericks throw all of that away just for a chance at Deron or Dwight.

I understand Mark Cubans strategy dont get me wrong..... he wants to make a run at either Deron Williams or Dwight. With the way the NBA works I don't even nessicarly disagree with his plan... what hes doing is smart buisness but it points to the whole idea that Stars not true teams win championchips. Im just tired of the whole star dynamic and believe that defenese and chemistry not getting the best free agents are what win championchips.

BALKIS2K12
12-16-2011, 03:42 PM
cuban is a ***** 4 letting jj go. he offered vince carter 3 year 15 mill deal saying he cant afford barea. what a lie.

Raph12
12-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Teams like that win one championship, maybe if that; teams like the Heat, win multiple rings.

Iron24th
12-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Chandler should have stayed at least,he was the soul of the team.

ThuglifeJ
12-16-2011, 04:20 PM
Vc got 3 mill 3 year only one gaurenteed...not 15 mill. Thats a no risk move. Jj was a fluke much like hedo in magic final run. Chandler I agrree will be missed despite being overrated now. Mavs have zero chance of repeating without a center like him.

Iodine
12-16-2011, 04:26 PM
Wait stars win championships only now?

Damn I had no idea that it wasnt ALWAYS the case

BALKIS2K12
12-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Vc got 3 mill 3 year only one gaurenteed...not 15 mill. Thats a no risk move. Jj was a fluke much like hedo in magic final run. Chandler I agrree will be missed despite being overrated now. Mavs have zero chance of repeating without a center like him.

he got 3 year 12 mill.

whats your point? jj would of accepted that. lets just be honest cuban didnt like barea & preferred beabouis. nothing wrong with telling it like it is.

Ebbs
12-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Pretty sure Dirk not Tyson was/is the soul of the team... Lolz

Iron24th
12-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Pretty sure Dirk not Tyson was/is the soul of the team... Lolz

Dirk was a beast,but Tyson was the difference maker.

marj987
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Lol I laugh at people saying that The Mavs are just a one and done team now that Chandler is gone, it'll be funny if we repeat.

Havoc Wreaker
12-16-2011, 05:33 PM
I am from PR and I hope he proves me wrong, but Barea is going to flop this year.