PDA

View Full Version : In need of some explanation

julienbball
12-16-2011, 03:26 PM
I didn't quite follow the «NBA going to europe or asia» episode when the lockout was in full place but I looked trough some of the rosters on nba.com and I was shocked to see that the names of the players were not on the list anymore. So can someone explain to me why? I thought they had some kind of clause that would make them come back as soon as the lockout would end?!
Guys like Jr smith, Wilson Chandler, Kenyon Martin, Joey Dorsey, Sonny Weems, Josh Powel who aparently (had to search on wikipedia) signed with Europe or Chinese teams, are not gonna play the whole year?
For Denver this is devastating I guess...!

Iodine
12-16-2011, 03:36 PM
They didnt sign opt-out clauses, got ****ed by the chinese government, or in the case of Weems are too good for our ****** league

Cal827
12-16-2011, 03:38 PM
They didnt sign opt-out clauses, got ****ed by the chinese government, or in the case of Weems are too good for our ****** league

lol they didn't get screwed, it was their decision to sign those contracts.

Iodine
12-16-2011, 03:46 PM
lol they didn't get screwed, it was their decision to sign those contracts.

I know lol, I'm on my phone and forgot to put the " marks

knicks=love
12-16-2011, 04:04 PM
in before close! :D

bholly
12-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Probably not the whole season - the Chinese season finishes in March (not sure on the timing of the playoffs, but they can't be that long) so they'll likely be back after that.

ttam68
12-16-2011, 05:39 PM
http://www.sports-reference.com/blog/2011/11/list-of-nba-players-stuck-overseas-for-2011-12-season/

BRICKCITYPIMP12
12-16-2011, 05:56 PM
and they should have known anyways.. kobe wanted to play in china..but he said **** that **** when he found out china wasent havin it.
china let everone know they dident want nba players over there unless they stayed...even if the lockout ended.

king4day
12-16-2011, 06:37 PM
and they should have known anyways.. kobe wanted to play in china..but he said **** that **** when he found out china wasent havin it.
china let everone know they dident want nba players over there unless they stayed...even if the lockout ended.

I'm really surprised they didn't make an exception for Kobe. Even a few games there would have boosted their league.

Can someone who has time put together an update on how the players over there are doing? Are there any standouts or disappointments?

zo#33
12-16-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm really surprised they didn't make an exception for Kobe. Even a few games there would have boosted their league.

Can someone who has time put together an update on how the players over there are doing? Are there any standouts or disappointments?

I remember reading a tweet during the lockout that said J.R Smith dropped 50 points in a game. But thats all I know.