PDA

View Full Version : Our team is so damn young

Saltinuts40
12-16-2011, 02:13 PM
http://hoopshype.com/Library/teams/golden_state.htm

Three things pop out at me with this team.

First, I am older (31) than every single player that will make this team. Even if Tommy Smith, born in December of 1980, makes the team, I was born in May. Damn I am old, and damn they are young.

Second, if 27-32 is an athlete's prime years, we might just have something with this team. Andris Biedrins (26) is a year away, and Monta Ellis (27), Dorell Wright (27), Dominic Maguire (27), David Lee (28), Lou Amundson (29), and Kwame Brown (29) are in their peak years. Three that aren't in their prime years are the last three 1st round picks, Curry (23), Udoh (24) and Thompson (21). Add our two 2nd round picks, Jenkins and Tyler and we have a team that could be all primed for productive years.

Last, It is pretty remarkable what coming straight from high school can do for your experience in the league. Key example: Kwame Brown is older than Lou Amundson by 9 months, but has 5 more years experience in the league.

MackShock
12-16-2011, 05:51 PM
I didnt think it was possible..but theres somebody that Kwame is better than...Lou Amundson.

We are young, but thats where the Spurs started too..that group has been together for so long that theyve aged together...and still are..but they are a veteran team who is good...we need to become the spurs

GSW 2012 CHAMPS
12-16-2011, 06:22 PM
It is one thing to have a young team(thats easy to do), its another to have a young TALENTED team.. which besides Curry, Ellis, and Lee I don't think we have and Ellis and Lee can't even really be considered young anymore they are vets.

asandhu23
12-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Hello, salt in nuts.