PDA

View Full Version : Lakers or nets in trouble?

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 09:14 AM
i did not see the thread made be4 me sorry lol just waking up close

abe_froman
12-16-2011, 09:30 AM
how are the lakers in trouble? yes,the clippers are the talk of la atm but lakers are still contenders

Lakeshow24KB
12-16-2011, 09:32 AM
LA is being counted out by everyone lmao. Try still have Kobe Pau Bynum etc.....the clippers may be more entertaining but you don't get style points in the NBA. The lakers are going to continuou to dominate.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 09:35 AM
well if they do not get howard kobe might want get traded

oak2455
12-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Dumb thread if the Nets don't get Dwight ....then Dwill goes to Dallas....ps don't start threads when you just wake up...LOL

oak2455
12-16-2011, 09:38 AM

Per who Sas?? Come on man

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 09:41 AM
He wants to win 7 rings and now with miami big 3 being spanked by the mavs and tunder getting close.lakers traded odam for nothing . bynum injury prone yea there is some truth to this . howard or bust for lakers.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 09:42 AM
I can't really see Deron Williams leaving; being the face of the Brooklyn Nets sounds pretty enticing. Think about how much money he will make. He is probably the 3rd best pg in the league and if it wasn't for Nash and CP3, he would be a multiple times all-star. Why leave New York for Dallas???

oak2455
12-16-2011, 09:44 AM
I can't really see Deron Williams leaving; being the face of the Brooklyn Nets sounds pretty enticing. Think about how much money he will make. He is probably the 3rd best pg in the league and if it wasn't for Nash and CP3, he would be a multiple times all-star. Why leave New York for Dallas???

Because he's from Dallas and who would he be passing to himself?

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 09:45 AM
He wants to win 7 rings and now with miami big 3 being spanked by the mavs and tunder getting close.lakers traded odam for nothing . bynum injury prone yea there is some truth to this . howard or bust for lakers.

He's a smart guy and he realizes how big his contract is. It is impossible for a contending team to trade for him without stripping all of their best players to match the contract. Think about it, 28m.... How many players make 15m+? Unless he demands amnesty which allows bad team to pick him up, there is no way they can move him without making that team significantly worse which defeats the point of going to better team.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 09:45 AM

same reason he left jazz its all up wining get me help and i will stay. why is howard wants to leave orlando?

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 09:49 AM

Brook Lopez isn't that bad and who wouldn't want to go to Brooklyn? I personally think the Mavs peaked and there is no chance they will win another championship by losing Chandler. He's not an all-star but he's a dominant force on the defensive end which is essential for a championship team.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 09:50 AM
same reason he left jazz its all up wining get me help and i will stay. why is howard wants to leave orlando?

Because Orlando is a small market whereas Brooklyn and LA are? I don't know why he has Dallas on his wishlist but w/e.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Brook Lopez isn't that bad and who wouldn't want to go to Brooklyn? I personally think the Mavs peaked and there is no chance they will win another championship by losing Chandler. He's not an all-star but he's a dominant force on the defensive end which is essential for a championship team.

what about if dallas signs howard or trades for him. who would orlando take pau and bynum or lopez?

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Because Orlando is a small market whereas Brooklyn and LA are? I don't know why he has Dallas on his wishlist but w/e.

hometown dirk ?

Chi StateOfMind
12-16-2011, 09:53 AM
I would say the Nets are in trouble. They are still hoping to get Dwight but as of right now j just don't see them doing anything in the East. The Lakers have chemistry issues but the team is a veteran team so they should be ok. Mike Brown will have to get that team running fast otherwise it could get bad fast.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 09:53 AM
dirk and howard feed the ball to the post

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:04 AM
I think Dallas will be in trouble if they don't sign anyone. If Deron Williams resign and Dwight gets traded elsewhere; Cuban made a HUGE mistake by not resigning Chandler and Butler. He basically gambled for next season and I hope he crashes and burns especially for what he did to the Lakers and CP3.

waveycrockett
12-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Deron saw what Amare did for the Knicks being the anchor for the future. With or without Dwight he will stay. Deron Williams loves NYC and will be a Net for a long time

waveycrockett
12-16-2011, 10:10 AM

Ignorant comment times 10. Lopez can't do somethings so well but dude is an elite scorer at his position. He didn't make the Olympic team last summer (before he pulled out due to illness) based on his defense or rebounding

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:10 AM
People forget how appealing it is for these star players to play in a HUGE market. Look at Amare and how much hype he gets compared to his Sun years. Why would he even consider Dallas when he would be the best player on that team? (Yes, DWILL > Dirk) Players should come to him not the other way around.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Ignorant comment times 10. Lopez can't do somethings so well but dude is an elite score at his position. He didn't make the Olympic team last summer (before he pulled out due to illness) based on his defense or rebounding

I don't understand your broken English.....

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 10:12 AM
kobe greater then dwill so howard will be a laker by your logic

NBAfan4life
12-16-2011, 10:13 AM
I think La will be in trouble if they dont make a move. Otherwise they gave Odom away for nothing.

Nycbball08
12-16-2011, 10:15 AM

That's east...ah to join a better team..

oak2455
12-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Ignorant comment times 10. Lopez can't do somethings so well but dude is an elite scorer at his position. He didn't make the Olympic team last summer (before he pulled out due to illness) based on his defense or rebounding

Remember hes from Dallas... He said 90 % he would sign..also if the nets don't get Dwight...he's gone...you'll see...but you can think any which way I think he'll be gone...imo

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:16 AM
kobe greater then dwill so howard will be a laker by your logic

Wow..... dumb thread now this...
THE LAKERS CANNOT SIGN ANYONE BECAUSE THEY ARE OVER THE CAP. The NETS AREN'T.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Wow..... dumb thread now this...
THE LAKERS CANNOT SIGN ANYONE BECAUSE THEY ARE OVER THE CAP. The NETS AREN'T.

they can trade for him and no nets lopez wont get it done

Nycbball08
12-16-2011, 10:19 AM
Nets are'nt and still can't sign anyone ...

waveycrockett
12-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Remember hes from Dallas... He said 90 % he would sign..also if the nets don't get Dwight...he's gone...you'll see...but you can think any which way I think he'll be gone...imo

He said 90% he would resign without Dwight and 100% if we sign Dwight. I didnt see Dwight or Chris Paul handing out those kind of assurances to Magic or CLipper fans. He's going to be the face of a franchise in a huge market dont seeing him turning that down even if it is to "go home"

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:20 AM

In the history of the NBA, can you name any star player that left a big market team for a small market. (LA,NY,CHICAGO)
How many star players left a small market team for a big market? The Nets will definitely get someone. If it's not a player of Dwight's caliber, he still be an elite all-star player. NY is THAT appealing (except the years which Thomas was the gm).

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Nets are'nt and still can't sign anyone ...

who is left after howard 4 u guys ?

waveycrockett
12-16-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't understand your broken English.....

Might want to upgrade your 2nd grade reading level then

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:23 AM
they can trade for him and no nets lopez wont get it done

What don't you understand? Deron has a CHOICE of staying or leaving just like how Howard has a CHOICE of staying or leaving to a team with cap. Howard doesn't have a choice when it comes to the Lakers; it's Otis's decision. The Lakers can offer Bynum + Gasol but if Otis says no, what can they do? Nothing.

waveycrockett
12-16-2011, 10:24 AM
who is left after howard 4 u guys ?

We will stil have like 50 Million in cap room going into next offseason huge class. We can get back Deron and we can fill in the pieces around him. Its not required you have 2 or 3 superstars to win a championship.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Might want to upgrade your 2nd grade reading level then

Really? i guess fobs like to defend their own. I didn't know "somethings" is a word, is that a 2nd grade level word?

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 10:26 AM
We will stil have like 50 Million in cap room going into next offseason huge class. We can get back Deron and we can fill in the pieces around him. Its not required you have 2 or 3 superstars to win a championship.

d will had boozer ak47 and could not win

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:29 AM
AK47 didn't even play. He was injured the majority of the time and Boozer + Dwill <<< Kobe and company. Not his fault like how it's not Karl Malone + John Stockton fault that they lost to MJ.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 10:31 AM
i just hope by the trade deadline he can say trade me so you guys get value back if you do not get howard

waveycrockett
12-16-2011, 10:32 AM
d will had boozer ak47 and could not win

Neither could Wade-LeBron and Bosh. You have a team with all the right pieces you dont need a bunch of superstars. See Mavs.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 10:33 AM
AK47 didn't even play. He was injured the majority of the time and Boozer + Dwill <<< Kobe and company. Not his fault like how it's not Karl Malone + John Stockton fault that they lost to MJ.

so with melo and amare d rose and boozer and miami big 3 u think you have a chance with d will and average players to win a ship ? haha net fans

waveycrockett
12-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Really? i guess fobs like to defend their own. I didn't know "somethings" is a word, is that a 2nd grade level word?
Posting from a cell-phone is a hard work, relax

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Think about what you just said. Kobe demands a trade with his mammoth contract.... The team that is trying to trade for him will deplete for roster to get him which beats the point of him asking to be traded in the first place. It's impossible for a contending team to trade for him and actually salvage the players that kept them in contention in the first place.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:37 AM
so with melo and amare d rose and boozer and miami big 3 u think you have a chance with d will and average players to win a ship ? haha net fans

First of all, I'm a Lakers fan but that doesn't matter. You don't understand what I'm trying to tell you which is NY is a market that any player would love to play in. Haha dumb fan.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 10:42 AM
First of all, I'm a Lakers fan but that doesn't matter. You don't understand what I'm trying to tell you which is NY is a market that any player would love to play in. Haha dumb fan.

that is y the knicks and nets sucked for years right? that is when money is the same and the star caliber is the same . haha back to you .

justinnum1
12-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Might be just what the lakers need...some motivation

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:47 AM
that is y the knicks and nets sucked for years right? that is when money is the same and the star caliber is the same . haha back to you .

What state do the New Jersey Nets play in?
NY Knicks were handcuffed by Thomas's stupidity and they didn't have any cap room. The soon to be Brooklyn Nets have CAP.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:48 AM

Seriously! I dare any fan to diss Kobe in front of his face, he would light up your team for 40+

waveycrockett
12-16-2011, 10:49 AM

The Nets didnt play in a big market and wont until next season and have never had a good owner.

Knicks screwed themselves into CAP HELL. Doesnt matter what market you play in when you are there. Magic are in the same situation right now.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=Better-Than-You;20146838]What state do the New Jersey Nets play in?
NY Knicks were handcuffed by Thomas's stupidity and they didn't have any cap room. The soon to be Brooklyn Nets have CAP.[/the clippers are in la how long they sucked for?

waveycrockett
12-16-2011, 10:52 AM
the clippers are in la how long they sucked for?

They also have the worst owner in PRO SPORTS. If your owner is too greedy to put the team before his own pocket doesnt matter the market. See the METS.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 10:52 AM
don't get me wrong place money stars at the other team have equal factor but at the same time legacy matters if daron stays on the nets can he win ships without a second star?

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:55 AM
Haha he doesn't know when to stop even though he's just embarrassing himself. Are you comparing Jay-Z + Prokhorov to Sterling? The same Sterling that refused to pay for his assstant coach's surgery?

waveycrockett
12-16-2011, 10:55 AM
don't get me wrong place money stars at the other team have equal factor but at the same time legacy matters if daron stays on the nets can he win ships without a second star?

How many times have people said this to Dirk? If it's not Dwight the Nets will get him help. They have a ton of cap space they wont blow because guys want to play in NYC for a GReat Owner.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 10:56 AM
if daren was willing to stay without a star he would of signed the ext right away

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:57 AM

I don't understand your broken English... maybe you should stop...

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Haha he doesn't know when to stop even though he's just embarrassing himself. Are you comparing Jay-Z + Prokhorov to Sterling? The same Sterling that refused to pay for his assstant coach's surgery?

did i say that ? i was looking at big markets not owners

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:59 AM
if daren was willing to stay without a star he would of signed the ext right away

Did Kobe sign extension in 2004? No.
Did Dirk sign extension before last year? No

Are you telling me those two weren't willing to stay because they didn't have a star? Just stop, you are just humiliating yourself.

Vinylman

Get this man some straws to GRASP FOR

I am thoroughly amazed at how people don't have a clue about the Laker organization and its players... :facepalm:

1_team_1_dream
I don't understand your broken English... maybe you should stop...

that is how you run from the debate

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Did Kobe sign extension in 2004? No.
Did Dirk sign extension before last year? No

Are you telling me those two weren't willing to stay because they didn't have a star? Just stop, you are just humiliating yourself.

if kobe did not get pau would he still be a laker ? I doubt it

oak2455
12-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Still the nets.....

Vinylman

I assume you are estatic about the CP3 trade... not because the lakers didn't get CP3 ... but because the conspiring J's of the NBA can now get Billups where they want him... Miami

Better-Than-You
did i say that ? i was looking at big markets not owners

They correlate... just like how NBA + nba player correlate... You can't have one without the other. If nba didn't exist in the 1990's and there were no pro basketball associations. Would you know Michael Jordan? If a team is in big market but refused to pay their players, would the market matter? NO

oak2455
12-16-2011, 11:03 AM
What's for lunch?

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 11:03 AM
if kobe did not get pau would he still be a laker ? I doubt it

He resigned and waited 2 years before he demanded for a trade.......

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 11:04 AM
They correlate... just like how NBA + nba player correlate... You can't have one without the other. If nba didn't exist in the 1990's and there were no pro basketball associations. Would you know Michael Jordan? If a team is in big market but refused to pay their players, would the market matter? NO

i agree but my point is if a star has no help in a big market he will leave.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 11:04 AM
What's for lunch?

Is stupidity edible? This guy has enough to feed the world.

king4day
12-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Whoever doesn't get Howard will be in trouble. It's a superstar league now and it won't make a difference if LA has Kobe anymore as we saw in the mid decade.

NJ would have lost favors and picks for nothing if Deron leaves. Howard will keep one franchise happy and competitive.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 11:06 AM
i agree but my point is if a star has no help in a big market he will leave.

I don't think you even have a point.... All of your arguments are gibberish. You basically post random things hoping that they prove a point yet they were all shot down...

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Whoever doesn't get Howard will be in trouble. It's a superstar league now and it won't make a difference if LA has Kobe anymore as we saw in the mid decade.

NJ would have lost favors and picks for nothing if Deron leaves. Howard will keep one franchise happy and competitive.

Hopefully it will be my LAKERS :)

Kobe4Life
12-16-2011, 11:07 AM

where do u get your news from? The bum on the sidewalk? Get this garbage out of here. I'm sure you're 1580 posts are all this type of garage. Just ramblings....Go back to sleep u need it.

Yeah one of the best players of all time is going to ruin his legacy because he didn't get Dwight....Where people come up with this crap..

All Kobe said was he was disgruntled about losing Odom. He said TWICE now that he trusts Mitch.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 11:08 AM

that was the point of the thread . dont try to convince me dwill will stay a net if howard will not come

Kobe4Life
12-16-2011, 11:09 AM
[QUOTE=king4day;20147000]Whoever doesn't get Howard will be in trouble. It's a superstar league now and it won't make a difference if LA has Kobe anymore as we saw in the mid decade.

Won't make a difference? Lol typical coming for a PHX fan.

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 11:10 AM
where do u get your news from? The bum on the sidewalk? Get this garbage out of here. I'm sure you're 1580 posts are all this type of garage. Just ramblings....Go back to sleep u need it.

Yeah one of the best players of all time is going to ruin his legacy because he didn't get Dwight....Where people come up with this crap..

All Kobe said was he was disgruntled about losing Odom. He said TWICE now that he trusts Mitch.

he trusts mitch cause mitch will do all he can to get howard

oak2455
12-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Is stupidity edible? This guy has enough to feed the world.

Listen I think Howard is gonna be a Laker and Dwill will be a Mav.....that's my thinking...so I'm thinking Mexican for lunch

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 11:11 AM
that is how you run from the debate

I can't debate with you if I don't know what the hell you are talking about....

waveycrockett
12-16-2011, 11:13 AM
that was the point of the thread . dont try to convince me dwill will stay a net if howard will not come

Maybe you should try to convince DWill himself. He said 90% he is STAYING with the Nets WITHOUT Dwight.

1)Playing in a HUGE Market

2)Playing in a BRAND New Arena

3)Being the FACE of a NYC franchise

4) Endorsement $$$$

5)Still have a TON of cap room to get other good players

6) Oh yeah we can still offer him by far the most $$$$

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Listen I think Howard is gonna be a Laker and Dwill will be a Mav.....that's my thinking...so I'm thinking Mexican for lunch

people here think if howard went to the lakers dwill will stay a net

Avenged
12-16-2011, 11:15 AM
The OP requested to have this closed..