PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Power Rankings

Wade>You
12-16-2011, 06:40 AM
1. Heat: same core coming back, add Battier, contributions from Cole or Pittman would make them even better.
2. Bulls: only one other team players Eastern conference defense better than the Bulls, same core coming back, signing Rip helps complete them.
3. Mavs: did good to recover from the loss of Tyson Chandler by getting LO, Carter, West. Dalembert is still out there.
4. Knicks: new front court, arguably the best in the NBA.
5. Thunder: Bringing back same core, KD and Westbrook will improve, Perkins will feel more comfortable.
6. Lakers: losing Odom hurts, haven't replaced that loss yet, still a good 3 in KB, Pau, and Bynum, and a good year from Artest will help.
7. Celtics: Core group coming back for 4th year, but they're getting older while competition around them is improving.
8. Clippers: Blake Griffin, Caron Butler, DeAndre Jordan, Chauncey Billups and Chris Paul should be good.
9. Grizzlies: good front court, losing Battier hurts, but Rudy Gay should make everyone forget.
10. Pacers: Granger, West, and Hibbert should make for a good trio with Collison being a wild card. Played the Bulls well last year and could've pulled off an upset.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Bulls at 2nd? Really...

Wade>You
12-16-2011, 06:53 AM
Bulls at 2nd? Really...Personal bias, to me it's really close between them and the Mavs, but I like the Bulls defense in a best of 7 over the Mavs.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 06:58 AM
I'm shocked you put the Bulls over the Lakers. Kobe > Rose Noah = Bynum (I would say Bynum is better but most of you will say I'm biased) Pau > Boozer. Hamilton > Fisher (who isn't) Deng > Matt Barnes. Their bench is basically a wash.

magichatnumber9
12-16-2011, 07:00 AM
Celtics are to high

justinnum1
12-16-2011, 07:06 AM
I'm shocked you put the Bulls over the Lakers. Kobe > Rose Noah = Bynum (I would say Bynum is better but most of you will say I'm biased) Pau > Boozer. Hamilton > Fisher (who isn't) Deng > Matt Barnes. Their bench is basically a wash.

You shouldn't be. the lakers got swept out the sn2 round and there team got worse....They arent even top 5.

Wade>You
12-16-2011, 07:09 AM
I'm shocked you put the Bulls over the Lakers. Kobe > Rose Noah = Bynum (I would say Bynum is better but most of you will say I'm biased) Pau > Boozer. Hamilton > Fisher (who isn't) Deng > Matt Barnes. Their bench is basically a wash.Don't disagree (cept Bynum, unless he's healthy), and I would have had them up there, but losing LO hurts.

I could easily see the Lakers (and other teams, to be fair) jumping up the rankings if we see a breakout year from Bynum (here's his opportunity) and/or Artest stepping up.

The Lakers w/o LO and after the Mavs series left everyone with questions about the Lakers, but I know they got the pieces needed to find the answer.

Wade>You
12-16-2011, 07:10 AM
Celtics are to highTheir chemistry will always make them competitive, IMO.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 07:21 AM
You shouldn't be. the lakers got swept out the sn2 round and there team got worse....They arent even top 5.

The Bulls played Indiana and Atlanta... If they played the Mavs, they would have lost too.

magichatnumber9
12-16-2011, 07:36 AM
Their chemistry will always make them competitive, IMO.They get exploited when they play a true center. Orlando. The Miami Heat now knows how to beat them. The Knicks will win there season series. Unless they play the Raptors every game there going to have to fight all season. According to Doc Rivers he was concerned with the teams conditioning in a shortened training camp which already has PP and RR losing time with injuries. Jeff Green hasn't practiced. It all starts with training camp. Look at the Celtics being very active during the trade deadline.

MOST
12-16-2011, 07:46 AM
The Bulls played Indiana and Atlanta... If they played the Mavs, they would have lost too.

Opinion

ichitownclowni
12-16-2011, 07:52 AM
Celtics are to high so are the Lakers

niketas
12-16-2011, 07:54 AM
I miss the Spurs here. Mavs are too high. Without Chandler there defense will drop to league average at least.

ldawg
12-16-2011, 08:28 AM
Orlando fell out the race

Wade>You
12-16-2011, 08:28 AM
I miss the Spurs here. Mavs are too high. Without Chandler there defense will drop to league average at least.Me too. Spurs owner wants to rebuild and doesn't think they have a chance to compete, judging from his hardline stance in the lockout. Tim Duncan's remaining years look like they will go to waste.

I think Haywood will help cushion the loss of Chandler along with their new additions. I expect to see a lot more small ball with Dirk at the 5 and LO at the 4. Besides that, I think Rick Carlisle will still get them to play well. Vince Carter could be a wild card if he revives his career.

Dolfan305
12-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Mavs
Heat
Bulls
Thunder
Knicks
Lakers
Celtics
Grizzlies
Clippers
Orlando

i think the Heat are the best, but it's usually an unwritten rule to put the champions at 1st until the season starts

Wade>You
12-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Mavs
Heat
Bulls
Thunder
Knicks
Lakers
Celtics
Grizzlies
Clippers
Orlando

i think the Heat are the best, but it's usually an unwritten rule to put the champions at 1st until the season startsTo me, Orlando is a wreck with the D12 situation and the distraction will impact them on the court. Dwight has one foot out the door, his heart won't be in it for the Magic.

69centers
12-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Celtics are to high

7th is too high? And who should be above them, the Pacers??

Slimsim
12-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Knicks to high

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm gonna bring up this thread when the Lakers spank the Bulls. I can't believe that are so many Bull Homers that believe that their team is better than the Lakers.

Chi StateOfMind
12-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Bulls at 2nd? Really...

They won 62 games last year in their first year under a new head coach. They filled a glaring hole at the 2 so I don't see why they shouldn't be at 2. Dallas to me has too many question marks and the Lakeshow who knows.

corky831
12-16-2011, 09:44 AM
I hate to nitpick, but the Celtics core group is coming back for a 5th yr.....not a 4th

Chi StateOfMind
12-16-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm gonna bring up this thread when the Lakers spank the Bulls. I can't believe that are so many Bull Homers that believe that their team is better than the Lakers.

Im not denying that the Lakers aren't good but when you get swept in the playoffs last year and lose players, how does that make you better? The Lakers will always be there but I would put OKC over them and Dallas.

IndyRealist
12-16-2011, 09:49 AM
I'd probably have the Celtics higher. Rondo's ready to go and they replaced their worst rotation player (Glen Davis) with a quality player who could start for many teams (Brandon Bass).

Conversely, it's fair to drop out the Magic because they replaced a quality starting PF with a waste of roster space.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Im not denying that the Lakers aren't good but when you get swept in the playoffs last year and lose players, how does that make you better? The Lakers will always be there but I would put OKC over them and Dallas.

Because their top 3 is better than most teams excluding Heat. Lamar Odom was the 4th best player on the Lakers, He's now the 2nd best on the champion Mavs. How mind-boggling is that?

By the way, you shouldn't compare an Eastern conference team's record with a Western because the East is much weaker. 5th seed in the East wouldn't even make the playoffs in the West. I highly doubt the Bulls would even win 60 games last year if they were in the West.

magichatnumber9
12-16-2011, 10:18 AM
7th is too high? And who should be above them, the Pacers??Yes. Hibbert exploited us last year. I just see them as a whole getting much better this year and us stepping back.

nothappyinut
12-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Where are the jazz in all this :) harris, hayward (aka white mamba), howard, favors and big al. In all seriousness though the jazz will be in that top ten in a couple years you all have now been warned!!!!!!!!!!

Dankster
12-16-2011, 10:30 AM
I love my Knickerbockers to death but at #4 they are way too high especially when you consider how depleted the bench is. Top 4 teams should be reserved for the favorites to get to their respective conference finals. I'd say NY is more in the range of 8-10 at the moment with a chance to go up if we fill out the bench properly.

Won't argue with the notion that they just might have the best frontcourt in the NBA now though!

IndyRealist
12-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Where are the jazz in all this :) harris, hayward (aka white mamba), howard, favors and big al. In all seriousness though the jazz will be in that top ten in a couple years you all have now been warned!!!!!!!!!!

White mamba :clap:

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Can we have Milsap since you didn't even name him as part of the "top ten" group????

nothappyinut
12-16-2011, 10:40 AM
I didnt know I named my top ten group I just named the starters and yeah any team can have milsap if the price is right and he doesnt want to come off the bench as the 6th man (speaking on behalf of the jazz gm of course)

IBleed_Green420
12-16-2011, 10:41 AM
NO CHANCE the Knicks should be over the Celtics. I don't care about Chandler, look at what happened last year, 1st round of the playoffs. Knicks got the molliwop. Don't sleep on the Celtics. Rondo is going to be fired up, and so long as Green's "condition" is nothing of concern, he will be working extra hard for that big boy/max contract. Not to mention the core of the big 3 plus Rondo. I also have a good feeling about J.O this year too. I think everyone who is doubting the Celtics are going to be shocked when they see what this team is capable of. Watch the Celtics/Knicks game on Christmas, that'll clear things up for you.

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:41 AM
I bid a TPE, do I win? I'll even give you Luke Son of HOF Walton + 2 First rounders if TPE doesn't entice you.

nothappyinut
12-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Again speaking for KOC we will have to pass. Now if you want to trade luke I think the Jazz can find an old stockton jersey and a bag of fritos that seems fair enough. Both sides win and everyone is happy. (jazz always need a good bench cheerleader)

Nets/Raiders!
12-16-2011, 10:48 AM
1. Heat: same core coming back, add Battier, contributions from Cole or Pittman would make them even better.
2. Bulls: only one other team players Eastern conference defense better than the Bulls, same core coming back, signing Rip helps complete them.
3. Mavs: did good to recover from the loss of Tyson Chandler by getting LO, Carter, West. Dalembert is still out there.
5. Thunder: Bringing back same core, KD and Westbrook will improve, Perkins will feel more comfortable.
6. Lakers: losing Odom hurts, haven't replaced that loss yet, still a good 3 in KB, Pau, and Bynum, and a good year from Artest will help.
7. Celtics: Core group coming back for 4th year, but they're getting older while competition around them is improving.
8. Clippers: Blake Griffin, Caron Butler, DeAndre Jordan, Chauncey Billups and Chris Paul should be good.
9. Grizzlies: good front court, losing Battier hurts, but Rudy Gay should make everyone forget.
10. Pacers: Granger, West, and Hibbert should make for a good trio with Collison being a wild card. Played the Bulls well last year and could've pulled off an upset.

Very accurate

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Again speaking for KOC we will have to pass. Now if you want to trade luke I think the Jazz can find an old stockton jersey and a bag of fritos that seems fair enough. Both sides win and everyone is happy. (jazz always need a good bench cheerleader)

Okay okay, we give you METTA WORLD PEACE then. World Peace in Utah sounds too good to be true right? It's NOT! MWP for Milsap. Deal?

PacersForLife
12-16-2011, 10:58 AM
7th is too high? And who should be above them, the Pacers??

You'd be surprised. :eyebrow:

uprightciti
12-16-2011, 10:59 AM
dude i am knicks all day but #4 is stupid high

i would put them at 10 or 11

king4day
12-16-2011, 11:02 AM
NO CHANCE the Knicks should be over the Celtics. I don't care about Chandler, look at what happened last year, 1st round of the playoffs. Knicks got the molliwop. Don't sleep on the Celtics. Rondo is going to be fired up, and so long as Green's "condition" is nothing of concern, he will be working extra hard for that big boy/max contract. Not to mention the core of the big 3 plus Rondo. I also have a good feeling about J.O this year too. I think everyone who is doubting the Celtics are going to be shocked when they see what this team is capable of. Watch the Celtics/Knicks game on Christmas, that'll clear things up for you.

I think you absolutely have to take Chandler into consideration. He fixes the Knicks rebounding problems and lane penetration issues.
Celtics will be good but I don't think Green will ever be considered a Max type player. They are seeing more and more injuries each year which could become a factor.

NY not having a PG will be their biggest problem. Rondo will take advantage of that, but on the flip side, if the Knicks protect the lane, then Rondo will struggle to make shots. That's the biggest advantage Boston has over the Knicks.

IBleed_Green420
12-16-2011, 11:20 AM
I think you absolutely have to take Chandler into consideration. He fixes the Knicks rebounding problems and lane penetration issues.
Celtics will be good but I don't think Green will ever be considered a Max type player. They are seeing more and more injuries each year which could become a factor.

NY not having a PG will be their biggest problem. Rondo will take advantage of that, but on the flip side, if the Knicks protect the lane, then Rondo will struggle to make shots. That's the biggest advantage Boston has over the Knicks.

I agree with you on Chandler. He's a good player and a great defender, but they also havent had much time to gel or develop any chemistry. He's still a great addition, I feel that he still doesn't put the knicks ahead of the celtics or even some of the other teams below them. Their front court looks great, but their bench and backcourt looks extremely depleted.

Also, I think you misunderstood what I meant with Jeff Green, I dont think he's a max contract player either, but HE does. I feel that he's going to use this one year deal as a bridge toward a long term deal (hopefully not with the celtics - clearly im a celtics fan) at more than 9 mil per year. He's going to be trying extra hard and pulling one of those "contract year" type seasons like everyone usually seems to do.

IBleed_Green420
12-16-2011, 11:21 AM

I agree with you on Chandler. He's a good player and a great defender, but they also havent had much time to gel or develop any chemistry. He's still a great addition, I feel that he still doesn't put the knicks ahead of the celtics or even some of the other teams below them. Their front court looks great, but their bench and backcourt looks extremely depleted.

Also, I think you misunderstood what I meant with Jeff Green, I dont think he's a max contract player either, but HE does. I feel that he's going to use this one year deal as a bridge toward a long term deal (hopefully not with the celtics - clearly im a celtics fan) at more than 9 mil per year. He's going to be trying extra hard and pulling one of those "contract year" type seasons like everyone usually seems to do.

RLundi
12-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Bulls, Knicks and Pacers all too high.

RLundi
12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
2. Thunder: Bringing back same core, KD and Westbrook will improve, Perkins will feel more comfortable.
4. Bulls: only one other team players Eastern conference defense better than the Bulls, same core coming back, signing Rip helps complete them.
5. Lakers: losing Odom hurts, haven't replaced that loss yet, still a good 3 in KB, Pau, and Bynum, and a good year from Artest will help.
6. Celtics: Core group coming back for 4th year, but they're getting older while competition around them is improving.
7. Spurs: Aging core, but I wouldn't ever count out Timmy, Parker, Manu and Gregg Popovich.
9. Knicks: new front court, arguably the best in the NBA.
10. Grizzlies: good front court, losing Battier hurts, but Rudy Gay should make everyone forget.

Fixed :)

IBleed_Green420
12-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Fixed :)

Better... Much better

NapTownPace
12-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Celtics are to high so are the Lakers

Agree, the lakers will probably end up somewhere around a 6 seed and the Celts may even be lower that, I see 7.

NapTownPace
12-16-2011, 12:22 PM
1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Mavs
4. Bulls
5. Knicks
6. Lakers
7. Celtics
8. Clippers
9. Pacers
10. Grizz

As much as I hate 'em, I can't see the Heat not starting a dynasty this year. They just about made it last year and it was their first season together, the ship's gotta start rolling in some time unfortunately.

THE GIPPER
12-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Pacers are wayy too high

DoMeFavors
12-16-2011, 12:30 PM
Knicks are so overated they had a terrible 1 and 2 who will be killed on defense, and no bench but they are better than most of the western conference teams?

DoMeFavors
12-16-2011, 12:33 PM
1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Mavs
4. Bulls
5. Knicks
6. Lakers
7. Celtics
8. Clippers
9. Pacers10. Grizz

As much as I hate 'em, I can't see the Heat not starting a dynasty this year. They just about made it last year and it was their first season together, the ship's gotta start rolling in some time unfortunately.

No
5th seed in the east? Top 10 overall? Please

P Styles
12-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Knicks are ranked too high in OP's list, and a few others I scanned through.

Consider the condensed schedule and their lack of depth. I would say they should be in the 9-12 range until they prove otherwise.

Oefarmy2005
12-16-2011, 12:43 PM
What, Timberwolves are not in there? LOL

eddiev22
12-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Yep....That is a good top ten

THE GIPPER
12-16-2011, 12:51 PM
1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Bulls
4. Mavs
5. Clippers
6. Knicks
7. Lakers
8. Celtics
9. Grizzlies
10. Blazers/Nuggets/Spurs/ATL/HOU/Philly in no particular order lol

EDIT: Orlando is a tough team to rank with the whole Dwight situation. NJ as well thats why i left them off.

GoPacers33
12-16-2011, 01:07 PM
go Pacers :D

Southsideheat
12-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Because their top 3 is better than most teams excluding Heat. Lamar Odom was the 4th best player on the Lakers, He's now the 2nd best on the champion Mavs. How mind-boggling is that?

Top 3 doesn't mean anything, especially in a compact 66 game season. The Lakers bench is not good at all, no insurance for Bynum, and probably one of the worst PG pairings in the league. Not to mention Phil is gone. The Lakeshow just got cancelled.

Southsideheat
12-16-2011, 01:44 PM
1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Thunder
4. Lakers
5. Mavericks
6. Clippers
7. Grizzlies
8. Knicks
9. Celtics
10. Spurs

Cal827
12-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Good list, but I would move OKC up to three and get rid of the celtics completely. This schedule is for the younger players. I know the celts have the veterans but I wouldn't be surprised if they finish in the 5-7 position in the East.

Htownballa1622
12-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Pacers are high. I'd like for them to be top ten in the NBA again but I don't see how they just jump past a team like the sixers. (imho)

goblazers7
12-16-2011, 02:04 PM
How is Portland not a top ten team...lol

Pg-Felton/Nolan Smith
Sg-Jamal Crawford/Wesley Mathews
SF-Gerald Wallace/Nico Batum
PF-Aldridge/Craig Smith
C-Camby/Kurt Thomas

...?

Baller1
12-16-2011, 02:13 PM
1. Miami
2. OKC
3. Chicago
4. Dallas
5. Boston
6. LAL
7. LAC
8. Memphis
9. New York
10. San Antonio

knicks=love
12-16-2011, 02:28 PM

we will. you're being a little bit of a homer. JO is terrible, and everyone knows that. if you're saying not to sleep on the celtics, then don't sleep on the knicks. two can play this game.

THE GIPPER
12-16-2011, 02:34 PM

Pg-Felton/Nolan Smith
PF-Aldridge/Craig Smith
C-Camby/Kurt Thomas

...?

This. People were putting the Pacers over the Blazers, Grizz, Nuggets and Spurs.

knicks=love
12-16-2011, 02:39 PM
This. People were putting the Pacers over the Blazers, Grizz, Nuggets and Spurs.

nuggets are gonna be trash this year. idk why people are so high on the pacers. i don't see them ahead of the grizzlies, or spurs.

Cal827
12-16-2011, 02:44 PM
nuggets are gonna be trash this year. idk why people are so high on the pacers. i don't see them ahead of the grizzlies, or spurs.

Two words, Leastern Conference lol

The teams at the bottom on the East are gonna be really bad

xnick5757
12-16-2011, 03:16 PM
we will. you're being a little bit of a homer. JO is terrible, and everyone knows that. if you're saying not to sleep on the celtics, then don't sleep on the knicks. two can play this game.

-0.029 Win Shares/48

.281 FG%

.258 3PT%

.500 FT%

in 21 minutes per game, 4 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist

11th worst postseason in NBA history

you know what these are?

Mike Bibby's playoff stats

:clap:

tmacmamba
12-16-2011, 03:50 PM

Yeah, the Pacers are not a top 10 team yet, 6th seed at best. The Blazers on the other hand are definitely a top 10 team.

THE GIPPER
12-16-2011, 03:55 PM

Thats fine if you think that but theres no doubt in my mind they are better than the Pacers.

Giants-49ers-Ws
12-16-2011, 04:01 PM
1. Warriors

2. Everyone else

knicks=love
12-16-2011, 04:02 PM
-0.029 Win Shares/48

.281 FG%

.258 3PT%

.500 FT%

in 21 minutes per game, 4 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist

11th worst postseason in NBA history

you know what these are?

Mike Bibby's playoff stats

:clap:

i don't care about bibby. i didn't like the signing at all, but tyson chandler will man handle JO down low. everyone knows this.

Thats fine if you think that but theres no doubt in my mind they are better than the Pacers.

chandler, martin, and JR are in china. that's 3 pretty key pieces to the nuggets team. i'm not saying the pacers are a good team, but people shouldn't sleep on them. they'll be a 7th seed at best IMO. i don't think the nuggets will make the playoffs just because of those guys not being in denver. and wasn't JR injured? that's just what i heard.

THE GIPPER
12-16-2011, 04:05 PM
i don't care about bibby. i didn't like the signing at all, but tyson chandler will man handle JO down low. everyone knows this.

chandler, martin, and JR are in china. that's 3 pretty key pieces to the nuggets team. i'm not saying the pacers are a good team, but people shouldn't sleep on them. they'll be a 7th seed at best IMO. i don't think the nuggets will make the playoffs just because of those guys not being in denver. and wasn't JR injured? that's just what i heard.

JR's injury wasnt as serious as first thought. But even losing chandler and smith really isnt bad considering they replaced them with Rudy Fernandez and Corey Brewer. As for martin his production will be replaced collectively by Mozgov, Kenneth Faried, Al Harrington etc. It will be interesting to see the development of ty lawson and gallinari but at this point i expect them to be better than the pacers

Sota4Ever
12-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Where are the timberwolves!!

shizzle09
12-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Completely agree with these rankings. Lakers need to make up for losing odom to be ranked any higher.

DR_1
12-16-2011, 04:52 PM

:facepalm:

Anyway, Wade>You, good rankings. Except I would have put the Bulls ahead of the Heat, but I'm a Bulls fan :)

My real question is why don't you have the Thunder higher? I think they will take the number 1 seed in the West easily.

Blah Blah Blah
12-16-2011, 05:29 PM

:laugh2:

obviously the fans of teams are going to try to backup their team, why does that surprise you? It's all opinion, don't take it so seriously geez. Why get all worked up for this? You do realize what you just said makes you a bit of a homer as well...just food for thought.

anyways i'm a big believer that the team that won the championship the previous year should be number 1 going into the next season by default (plus they got some nice pieces anyways).

Dallas
Miami
Chicago/Thunder (whichever order, i can't decide)
Boston
LA Lakers
LA Clippers
Orlando (if DH12 gets his head into the game)
Memphis
New York

ElFuturoDeESPN
12-16-2011, 05:49 PM

Pg-Felton/Nolan Smith
PF-Aldridge/Craig Smith
C-Camby/Kurt Thomas

...?

Wondering the exact same thing, homeboy. I would go as far as to put them 8th over MEM/IND in the OP's rankings.

But it's those types, the Grizzlies, Pacers, Blazers of the league, that will have to epitomize "team basketball" in order to defeat the Dark Mark, that is the superteams teaming up across the country this season and moving forward.

Wade>You
12-16-2011, 06:53 PM
I love my Knickerbockers to death but at #4 they are way too high especially when you consider how depleted the bench is. Top 4 teams should be reserved for the favorites to get to their respective conference finals. I'd say NY is more in the range of 8-10 at the moment with a chance to go up if we fill out the bench properly.

Won't argue with the notion that they just might have the best frontcourt in the NBA now though!
Putting the Knicks at four was tough and questionable because of their back court, but they should be much more improved defensively, and that gives them more weight with me, IMO. Amare is back at his natural 4 spot and will clog up the paint and prevent easy baskets with Chandler at the 5.

But like I said: there are plenty of teams that can make a jump up the rankings, which means there are teams that can lose their spots and slide down the rankings.

It's really close this year and debatable about who should be where.

Bulls_fan90
12-16-2011, 07:21 PM

GTFO the white mamba is Scal.

Jumi
12-16-2011, 08:14 PM
Heat
Bulls
Thunder
Celtics
Mavs
Lakers
Spurs
Knicks
Pacers
Nuggets

*Don't get caught up in the hype!!!

Wade>You
12-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Anyone watching the Pacers-Bulls game (NBA League Pass free preview).

Not jumping to conclusions, but I still believe the Pacers are an improved team this year.

Wade>You
12-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Luol Deng just pulled the rip move on Danny Granger. I thought they were doing away with that?

DaBear
12-16-2011, 08:18 PM

How are we homers to believe that? The Bulls had a better record last year, went farther in the playoffs, and simply played better all year. Sounds like you're just a bitter Lakers homer..

Mudvayne91
12-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Only read the first 3 pages, but props to Knicks fans for being the ones who said #4 was a bit unrealistic. I like the addition of Chandler and it's certainly possible they can be that good, but it's a little too early imo. Anyways, always refreshing to see fans not over the top.

BranWingss
12-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Usually always have the #1 team the defending champs, but I really like Miami here.

1. Miami Heat
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. Chicago Bulls
4. Oklahoma Thunder
5. Los Angeles Lakers
6. Boston Celtics
7. New York Knicks
8. San Antonio Spurs
9. Memphis Grizzlies
10. Orlando Magic

I believe the Nets will grab that 10th spot once they make one of these rumored moves. I believe they'll get Dwight Howard. I was also considering the Clippers, but putting a ****** team from last year that high without playing yet, bothered me.

Dade County
12-16-2011, 08:59 PM
1. HEAT
2. OKC
3. Mavs
4. Bulls
5. Boston
6. L.A
7. Grizzles
8. NY
9. Spurs
10. Clippers

greek miami hea
12-16-2011, 09:14 PM
1 Miami HEAT
2 Oklahoma City THUNDER
3 Dallas MAVERICKS
4 Chigago BULLS
5 Los Angeles LAKERS
6 Boston CELTICS
7 New York KNICKS
8 Memphis GRIZZLIES
9 Indiana PACERS
10 Los Angeles CLIPPERS

OrLMaGiK1
12-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Wow you guys are really counting out my Magic? As long as Howard is playing here we will always contend or at least be a top 5 team in the East. Don't let the media fool you, as much as they want Howard to leave cause it makes for a more juicey story the fact is we have a lot of underrated young players....but it's ok we are a better team when we are the underdogs, under the radar. My prediction we will be 19-6 after the first 25 games

Wade>You
12-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Fixed :)No problem man, that's what power rankings are all about. Enjoying this thread and I'd like to hear people's top 10.

Il Mago50
12-17-2011, 02:42 AM
Let's get serious with these rankings:

1) Heat: You add Battier and Curry, who if his game rebounds even a fraction of what he was, is ten times the contributor they had last year at the C (sorry Big Z). If Bosh has really elevated his game, the pairing of him and two of the top 3-4 players in the league is always the team to beat.

2) Bulls: Defense wins championships. They have the best defense and have a top 5 player, a complementary all-star in Boozer (healthy), more offense then last year with via their draft and Rip.

3) OKC: Could possibly turn into a top 3 defense this upcoming season because of the presence of top defenders Ibaka, Sefelosha and Perkins. Harden has really come along and the offensive prowess of Westbrook and Durant probably makes this the team to beat in the West

4) Lakers: Now I know everyone is down on the Lakers but let's get real for a second...half of their roster suffered through the worst seasons of their careers...Barnes was injuried and never realy caught on...Pau was dealing with personal issues that obviously affected his game in the playoffs. That aside, if Kobe has indeed gotten healthier, you have the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league and its top closer, a top 10-12 player in Pau who by all accounts could be the most skilled big man in the league, Bynum, who is always on the cusp of becoming the second best big man in the league and a legit 18-10-2 type of player, and decent role players in Barnes, MWP, Kapono, Ebanks, etc. Their Defense will drastically improve with Brown at the helm, don't take these guys likely.

5) Mavericks: The loss of Tyson and Stevenson along with another year on Marion/Kidd's legs hurts this team and it's defense. That aside, they added a top 20 talent in the league in Odom, Carter, who can still put up 13-15 PPG at this stage, and have chemistry and experience as a team.

6) Grizzlies: The return of Rudy Gay makes these guys a legit contender. They possess everything you could want in a team: good coaching, lockdown perimeter defenders (Allan, Conley), great post play (Gasol, Randolph), scorers (Mayo, Gay) and a few players who could break out (Henry, Vasquez).

7) Clippers: I could've put them higher as I think they will come out of the West if healthy. The best big guy-PG in the league instantly while adding Billups' experience and big shot ability. Trey Thompkins will add to their post depth while Caron Butler will be one of the most under the radar additions that brings this team into a true contender, especially in a short season

8) Celtics: You can never bet against the Big 4. Could've pushed the Heat if not for Rondo's injury last season. The 3 aging star are no longer in the top echelon of the league but that defense and team play will always give them a shot to win it all. That is what seperates them from #9...

9) Knicks: Sure, the Chandler addition was big for this team. Unfortunately, you added one good piece into a team that is offensively oriented and has awful defenders throughout the roster. It's like putting a band-aid onto a giant hole, it'll help slightly but it's not going to make a big difference. The team still lacks depth, defense, cohesiveness, outside shooting and veteran leadership in order to be considered true contenders.

ohreally
12-17-2011, 03:01 AM

Mavs
Heat
Grizz
Thunder
Bulls
Celtics
Lakers
Clippers
Sixers
Knicks

But everyone has to prove it. I think the Mavs, Heat, Thunder, Bulls, and Grizz are the only relatively safe bets to finish the season among top 10, with the Grizz a bit less safe than the others.

Wade>You
12-17-2011, 03:17 AM
4) Lakers: Now I know everyone is down on the Lakers but let's get real for a second...half of their roster suffered through the worst seasons of their careers...Barnes was injuried and never realy caught on...Pau was dealing with personal issues that obviously affected his game in the playoffs. That aside, if Kobe has indeed gotten healthier, you have the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league and its top closer, a top 10-12 player in Pau who by all accounts could be the most skilled big man in the league, Bynum, who is always on the cusp of becoming the second best big man in the league and a legit 18-10-2 type of player, and decent role players in Barnes, MWP, Kapono, Ebanks, etc. Their Defense will drastically improve with Brown at the helm, don't take these guys likely.

5) Mavericks: The loss of Tyson and Stevenson along with another year on Marion/Kidd's legs hurts this team and it's defense. That aside, they added a top 20 talent in the league in Odom, Carter, who can still put up 13-15 PPG at this stage, and have chemistry and experience as a team.These are the only two I'd switch.

Lakers lost Phil Jackson and Lamar Odom. Needless to say, these two guys were important cogs to their success. Even if Brown does a good job, the loss of Odom, and the addition of Odom to the Mavs, gives the Mavs the edge.

I don't think the argument of everyone on the Lakers having a down year helps your case. At this stage of Kobe, Gasol, and Fisher's career, stats usually start slowly declining (if they haven't already).

The Lakers will have to prove that they can be better than the Mavs, but for now, I'd give the edge to the Mavs.

My 2 cents.