PDA

View Full Version : Where is Deshawn Stevenson?

billsftw
12-16-2011, 04:05 AM
does no one want the guy who helped stop lebron in the finals?
or is he playing in china or something?

Tebow15Time
12-16-2011, 11:52 AM
realistically, lebron stopped himself in the finals

but on stevenson, i think the heat,bulls, or knicks pick him up

RLundi
12-16-2011, 11:54 AM
He choked on his own Dirk after tasting it one too many times.

beasted86
12-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Knicks should seriously take a look at him if they are really interested in taking a defensive step forward.

Stevenson helping Melo by taking his difficult assignments, and Chandler taking Amare's difficult assignments would help the team a lot.

Slimsim
12-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Im desperate

Nycbball08
12-16-2011, 12:11 PM
Didn't he call out lebron saying he was overated...

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Knicks should seriously take a look at him if they are really interested in taking a defensive step forward.

Stevenson helping Melo by taking his difficult assignments, and Chandler taking Amare's difficult assignments would help the team a lot.

Agreed. He would be a solid addition to the team

Heediot
12-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Clippers are a possibility now as well.

IUBball22
12-16-2011, 12:20 PM
He could be a good piece for a number of teams, but if he wants more money than he's worth....than he can take his ball and go home. Look at some of the recent contracts. Crawford only got 10 million for two years. I like him for 2 million max. He's a defender that can only sit in the corner and shoot threes.

Just because he had a good finals doesnt mean you overpay him...See James Posey circa three years ago. Thats what happens when you reward guys for one playoff performance

thekmp211
12-16-2011, 12:37 PM

this isn't a bad fit.

he's ok in spurts, and obviously provided some value in the finals, but you can live without him.

thebigtime313
12-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Hey, hey, hey, layoff Posey. He's worth it. His latest teams haven't been...their fault.

Heediot
12-16-2011, 12:41 PM
He could be a good piece for a number of teams, but if he wants more money than he's worth....than he can take his ball and go home. Look at some of the recent contracts. Crawford only got 10 million for two years. I like him for 2 million max. He's a defender that can only sit in the corner and shoot threes.

Just because he had a good finals doesnt mean you overpay him...See James Posey circa three years ago. Thats what happens when you reward guys for one playoff performance

Posey had a solid career as a role player prior to that contract. He was a 3-point shooter that could defend. It was a lot more than one series or one season in which he was a valuable commodity.

Punk
12-16-2011, 01:06 PM

Yeah I agree. He is the best SG fit because he also is a spot up 3 point shooter.

iAugust
12-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Stevenson is garbage... don't see why any team would want this guy

GiantsSwaGG
12-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Stevenson aka LeBron stopper? I don't mind him on my team!

sep11ie
12-16-2011, 01:19 PM
LeBron is the only LeBron stopper in the league.

ManRam
12-16-2011, 01:35 PM
I thought Stevenson was one of the 5-10 worst players in the NBA going into last year.

He had a decent year, but I still wouldn't sign him to anything more than a tiny contract.

beasted86
12-16-2011, 01:44 PM
I thought Stevenson was one of the 5-10 worst players in the NBA going into last year.

He had a decent year, but I still wouldn't sign him to anything more than a tiny contract.

He is still garbage offensively, but defensively he is pretty solid. For a team like the Knicks or even Clippers that have no defensive wings whatsoever, they could use him.

joeym
12-16-2011, 01:45 PM

your sig is hilarious....

lakerfan 4 life
12-16-2011, 01:55 PM
his 5 min of fame ran out :P lol

Ebbs
12-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Lol I love DeShawn he is a duuuurty defender. But Kidd honestly played LeBron more in the finals.

I agree Stevenson would be an epic pick up for the Knicks.

MrfadeawayJB
12-16-2011, 02:39 PM
I would take him on the Grizz

tmacmamba
12-16-2011, 02:47 PM
He would be a great fit with the Knicks. The Celtics should also take a look at him.

Iodine
12-16-2011, 03:30 PM
I love DeShawn. I am pretty sure this has been chronicled over my 3+ years on PSD.

That being said DeShawn is going to be one of the later FA additions because of the market and because historically he wants to be able to be on a team that he could play a good chunk of time for and allows him to just focus on D and 3's

Iodine
12-16-2011, 03:31 PM

09-10 was his worst year, but as a starter w/ the wiz he was actually pretty solid and his teammates usually like him (or they say they do because this mother****er is crazy)

Tony_Starks
12-16-2011, 07:33 PM
A lock down wing defender who can knock down a open 3. He'll end up with a contender. Dallas will probably let him walk because they're in save money mode trying to conform to the new rules of fairness but they are seriously underrating his and Tysons impact on D.

No way the win the title w/o those two guys.....

waveycrockett
12-16-2011, 07:47 PM
He is another Tony Allen. Anybody signing this guy as a starter is ********

S-Dot
12-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Come on Knicks...we need some defensive options

LTBaByyy
12-16-2011, 09:33 PM
He will sign with the Knicks or Clippers

Don't rule out Mavs just yet

iggypop123
12-16-2011, 11:45 PM
1 yr at the minimum. could see chandler talking NY into signing him. fields is not starter material. but the lure of michael redd is taking their attention away from him. that team is going to need a ton of spacing for the two big guys to operate

DragonJaii
12-16-2011, 11:46 PM
the knicks should def pick him up.

asmarks18
12-17-2011, 05:26 AM
I love DS. Will forever be one of my all time favorite Mavs. He played great defense and shot nearly 40% from downtown last season. Any team who gets him is getting a quality reserve player.

Wade>You
12-17-2011, 05:27 AM
People gush about Barea in the Finals (whom I think was overrated), but I think DeShawn played better for the Mavs than Barea. He was lights out from 3.

asmarks18
12-17-2011, 05:35 AM
Barea isn't overrated but Stevenson was awesome for us throughout the entire playoffs. You cant compare 1 mavs player to another because without everybody's contributions there is no way we beat the Heat. Mavs played the best team basketball I have ever seen and thats why they won.

Wade>You
12-17-2011, 05:36 AM
Barea isn't overrated but Stevenson was awesome for us throughout the entire playoffs. You cant compare 1 mavs player to another because without everybody's contributions there is no way we beat the Heat. Mavs played the best team basketball I have ever seen and thats why they won.Won't get into a big discussion. IMO Barea in the Finals was overhyped. In other series, he was good. I thought Chalmers played better in the Finals than Barea, TBH.

asmarks18
12-17-2011, 05:41 AM
Eh everyone is entitled to their opinion i'm just saying that without Barea we don't beat the Miami Heat so in that regard he was not over hyped or over rated.

NYKGuY
12-17-2011, 05:41 AM
Isn't Stevenson like a headcase though? For some reason I always thought he had the stigma of trouble in the locker room type or persona. I could be wrong, but if that's not the case most certainly would be a good pick up for us.

asmarks18
12-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Clippers would be another team I could see Stevenson on. Butler and Billups aren't that great of perimeter defenders.

asmarks18
12-17-2011, 05:46 AM
Isn't Stevenson like a headcase though? For some reason I always thought he had the stigma of trouble in the locker room type or persona. I could be wrong, but if that's not the case most certainly would be a good pick up for us.

Was never a problem here in Dallas. From everything i've seen and read, the players, coaches and fans all liked and respected him. Now I will say that Stevenson has an attitude and reeks of douche baggery but I think thats why we loved him in Dallas. We haven't had a tough player like him who would get in someones face since Stackhouse left. Classic case of you love him if hes on your team, you hate him if hes not.

NYKGuY
12-17-2011, 05:56 AM
Well on that note, I say sign him up. LOL. I don't think your head could ever get too big for NY. Wait check that.... there was Marbury.

DR_1
12-17-2011, 07:06 AM

:clap:

Btw nice sig lol

BleedingGreen9
12-17-2011, 09:37 AM
wouldnt mind seeing him in green

Nets/Raiders!
12-17-2011, 11:28 AM
He's possibly waiting for an offer from the Mavs. I'm hearing that he wants to earn 5 Mil a year so that's a little to steep for teams prices for a guy who will just be a situational bench player.

waveycrockett
12-17-2011, 11:59 AM
He doest deserve to be called the "LeBron stopper". He got raped by LeBron his entire career. Remember the Cavs/Wiz playoff series? He got ripped so bad Jay-z mad a song about this fool

Vinylman
12-17-2011, 12:36 PM
great glue guy that any team would be lucky to have... i would be surprised if he doesn't end up back in Dallas on a 1 year deal for $4-5 million. Not saying he is worth that kind of money anywhere else but Cuban will overpay just to keep pieces together

Iodine
12-17-2011, 02:22 PM

Well as a rookie he was charged with statutory rape of a 14 year old in Utah, however it was all a big mess and it ended with pretty much the girls admitting they had known what they were doing and planned it out. He also had a dad who was pretty ****ed up and died when he was in high school.

But the majority of his coaches and teammates say they loved having him and he was a great locker room guy and he didnt take **** from anyone.

I <3 DeShawn though so lol

Punk
12-17-2011, 02:51 PM
^ I'm surprised you can find any attractive girl in Utah.

I really want him on this team. Especially for what he can do in the playoffs against guards.

Tony_Starks
12-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Guys like Stevenson are perfect examples of why the new CBA is messed up for the middle of the pack guys. Someone like him should be able to garner something like a 2 year 8 milli deal and play on a contender. Instead he'll have to wait around and see what good team wants to spend the "mini-mid level" deal on him or just go to a team that sucks and get paid.

No bueno.

IndiansFan337
12-17-2011, 03:31 PM
I think he would be a good fit on the NYK. He can hit the occasional 3 and doesn't need a ton of touches on offense. He can defend opposing teams' top wings. But NYK likely does not want to offer anyone more than a one year deal.

mdm692
12-17-2011, 03:44 PM
Didn't he call out lebron saying he was overated...

and he was right he just called him out a couple years too early.