PDA

View Full Version : List of All-Stars/Superstars left teams in past year and a half

NYSpirit1
12-16-2011, 03:44 AM
Switched teams
LeBron James - Cleveland Cavaliers to Miami Heat (free agency) - July 2010
Chris Bosh - Toronto Raptors to Miami Heat (free agency) - July 2010
Amare Stoudemire - Phoenix Suns to New York Knicks (free agency) - July 2010
Carlos Boozer - Utah Jazz to Chicago Bulls (free agency) - July 2010
Carmelo Anthony - Denver Nuggets to New York Knicks (forced trade) - Feb. 2011
Deron Williams - Utah Jazz to New Jersey Nets (would have forced trade) - Feb. 2011
Chris Paul - New Orleans Hornets to Los Angeles Clippers (forced trade) - Dec. 2011

On deck
Dwight Howard

Over this timeframe, Kevin Durant and Joe Johnson are the only All-Stars to resign with their small market teams. This list is more All-Stars that wanted to leave their teams via free agency/trade than in the past 10 years combined. Wow.

zizo
12-16-2011, 02:40 PM
in their prime

AKAYaReal
12-16-2011, 03:13 PM
You also have to point out that all of them were on there second contract and entered or are about to enter there 3rd contract.

Joe Johnson was on the Suns before the Hawks and lets see how KD feels about his team if they dont win by the end of his 2nd contract.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-16-2011, 03:16 PM
Rudy Gay? Zach Randolph?

knicks=love
12-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Why is this a thread? I think we know who changed teams..

Raph12
12-16-2011, 03:42 PM
If you're at a dead-end job, wouldn't you find a new job where advancement is a lot more likely?... It's so funny that you guys critisize all these guys for wanting to leave to have a chance to win, but when your team guts their rosters getting rid of guys who gave the team 3-5yrs you guys are okay with it as long as your team gets better.

Look at the DWill situation, during his wife's pregnancy he was forced to go to NJ midseason. He was irate and said he was blindsided with that trade, but did Utah care, they got what they needed and moved on.

I don't see anyone here on PSD talking about how bs that was by Jazz MGMT to do that to him, but if DWill demanded to be traded out of Utah, you guys would be up his ***... Hypocrites.

iam brett favre
12-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Gordon Hayward hasnt left yet, humble superstar

iam brett favre
12-16-2011, 03:43 PM
I still am mad Utah traded DWill, unforgiveable