PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant Livid W/ Management, Stephen A. Smith Predicts Trade

Mudvayne91
12-15-2011, 07:51 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/kobe-bryant-livid-may-demand-a-trade/104775
Kobe Bryant is livid with the Lakers, and he may demand a trade, Stephen A. Smith said Thursday.

Appearing on SportsCenter, Smith said ďI predicted that Kobe Bryant will demand a trade, and I am not budging from that. Heís livid. Iíve known Kobe too long. He is ticked off.

ďItís not just because [the Clippers] got Chris Paul, which is a guy that he expected to have. Itís because Jim Buss seems to be doing the inexplicable,Ē Smith said. ďIt makes no sense. Itís one thing for the team not to have improved [after losing to the Mavericks], itís another thing entirely for them to regress. If you know anything about Kobe, that is the last thing that he wants to do.

ďIt will not be pleasant at all.Ē

Reporter Ric Bucher said he would not be surprised if Kobe demands a trade. He added that a GM figured Kobe would demand a trade within a month.

Anyone who finds this report to be shocking doesnít know Kobe very well. In June 2007, Kobe wanted a trade because he was upset with the front office. He wanted the Lakers to trade Andrew Bynum for Jason Kidd and was disappointed it didnít happen. He stuck with the Lakers and they pulled off a trade for Pau Gasol to make him happy. They reached the Finals three years in a row and won two titles with Pau.

After losing to the Mavs in the playoffs, some people felt it was time for changes. It looked like the Lakers were going to tweak the roster by acquiring Chris Paul from the Hornets, but the NBA canceled the deal. Then the front office traded Lamar Odom to rival Dallas for a pick and trade exception, leaving Kobe upset. And now we may be back to 2007 again.

Itís sad Kobe is being forced to play with some of the leagueís top big men such as Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. How dare the Lakers force that upon him. And if Kobe really does want a trade, the $59+ million heís set to make over the next two seasons will be unattractive to many teams.

Publicly, Kobe is saying he has faith in the front office. After all, in June 2008 he said he was done playing GM once the team got Pau. You have to figure that privately he is livid and upset that his team is falling behind his competition.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-15-2011, 07:53 PM
All False, stop trying to stir up ****.

Stephen A. says these things for ratings.

And Ric "No Credibility" Bucher said Kobe would never wear a Lakers uniform ever again, and that was in 2007.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-15-2011, 07:53 PM
Screaming A is a joke always wanting the spotlight

Gators123
12-15-2011, 07:54 PM
LOL This will be good...

http://imgur.com/tCp90.gif

McPeak92
12-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Won't happen.

jewno
12-15-2011, 07:55 PM
please kobe demand a trade.

Mudvayne91
Not trying to stir anything up. Just because you don't like either of them doesn't mean they have zero credibility.

ManRam
Stephen is probably just stirring things up...

But would this actually surprise anyone? We do know he was mad about Lamar being traded...and we do know he has a penchant to whine and complain when he doesn't feel loved or doesn't feel his team is going in the right direction.

spreadeagle
Holy crap this thread is gunna BLOW UP! lol will have a thousand viewers i bet haha

dhopisthename
12-15-2011, 07:56 PM
lol even if this was true a. the lakers wouldn't trade him and b. who could trade for that salary?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Not trying to stir anything up. Just because you don't like either of them doesn't mean they have zero credibility.

I absolutely love Stephen A. The man is a jokester and one of the most passionate Lakers fans out there. And he has a man crush on Kobe.

He's right in one thing, Kobe does hate Jim Buss.

j-bay
12-15-2011, 07:57 PM
he might as well come to the wizards. its what michael did

KB-Pau-DH2012
"Sometimes it takes pressure to create a diamond"

-Kobe Bryant

jewno
lol trade to miami for bosh

gilly
12-15-2011, 07:58 PM
He'd be worse off than in LA, but I'd love to see him in a Sixers #33 jersey at some point.

John Walls Era
12-15-2011, 07:59 PM

good plan genius. Wade-Lebron-Kobe-Battier, yeah good plan.

Mudvayne91
12-15-2011, 08:00 PM
"Sometimes it takes pressure to create a diamond"

-Kobe Bryant

And that may very well be what he's doing like 2007. Putting pressure on the FO to make a move.

To me this is thread worthy though even if Bucher and Smith aren't as credible as a Woj considering it's one of the biggest stars, if not the biggest star in the NBA.

Chronz
Kobe wouldnt do that again, he would look bad this time

MTar786
lol whether its true or not kobe is going no where. no contender would trade for him anyway especially when guys like lebron and wade get paid almost half of what kobe does lol

MFFL==FML
12-15-2011, 08:01 PM
If he was 15 mil a year cheaper I would love him on the Mavericks... I'd rather just get Dwight and Deron next year instead though...

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-15-2011, 08:02 PM
I absolutely love Stephen A. The man is a jokester and one of the most passionate Lakers fans out there. And he has a man crush on Kobe.

Funny thing is on ny radio he claims to be a huge Knicks fan

KB-Pau-DH2012
And that may very well be what he's doing like 2007. Putting pressure on the FO to make a move.

To me this is thread worthy though even if Bucher and Smith aren't as credible as a Woj considering it's one of the biggest stars, if not the biggest star in the NBA.

I'll give you that.

jewno
good plan genius. Wade-Lebron-Kobe-Battier, yeah good plan.

its a joke you scortal sac

GeraldRFord
12-15-2011, 08:04 PM
This would make sense, except the Lakers are also livid they lost out on Chris Paul. Kobe knows that if anyone ****ed him, it's Stern, and Odom demanded a trade. The Lakers will make additions and contend, and if you don't know this, you're dumb.

Anilyzer
12-15-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, if a trade doesn't make sense, there is always amnesty...

Or he could be traded to a team like Portland or an under the cap team, and get back a pick and a trade exception.

Then we send Fisher and big cash considerations as well.

Not saying I like the idea. Kobe is a Laker legend and absolutely golden. My favorite player by far. He brings something to the game that no other player approaches.

But if he really wants out and demands a trade, Lakers will trade him, make no mistake. And we will probably have to absorb some of his contract or send cash along with it--maybe we send $25M cash and get back a $12M trade exception or something like that.

Maybe we could swing a deal for like John Wall or something... if we ended up adding John Wall and Kevin Love... with no Kobe we dump Bynum for a shooting guard or pull the trigger on Gasol + Odom for Dwight.

Actually, ok here is my final take:

if this is true, and it might be (steven a smith is emotional but not stupid or a liar) then it is probably because BYNUM, not Gasol, is the sticking point in the DH12 trade. Jim Buss is known to love Bynum extensively.

So this could be Kobe saying "Trade Bynum and bring me DH12. NOW."

The choice is Kobe + Dwight, or somebody else + Bynum + Gasol.

Reversed86Curse
Que the 'Kobe to Knicks' posters.....

DoubleDragon
pure speculation. provocative, yes, but just speculation. Really curious to see how Jim Buss manages to justify the latest moves (or lack thereof)
I gotta believe the Lakers FO isn't this stupid. Something has got to be in the works...right?

Oh Lord, I hope so

Anilyzer
12-15-2011, 08:08 PM
This would make sense, except the Lakers are also livid they lost out on Chris Paul. Kobe knows that if anyone ****ed him, it's Stern, and Odom demanded a trade. The Lakers will make additions and contend, and if you don't know this, you're dumb.

Jim Buss is squeezing too hard to hold onto Bynum at this point. Howard's agent, everybody, is ready for DH12 to the Lakers, but the Lakers are dragging their feet.

If Kobe is "livid" and the price for DH12 is Bynum + Gasol, you gotta make that trade immediately.

No more of this Bynum fantasy camp make believe GM project bull**** "all star potential" etc.

If Kobe gets traded over this Bynum situation... wow. what a stain on the organization. Just... wow.

D Roses Bulls
12-15-2011, 08:09 PM
Trade him to the Bulls. Rose and Kobe back court would be awesome, Miami would not stand a chance. I know it's not going to happen, but I can dream.

thekmp211
12-15-2011, 08:10 PM
i do believe kobe is pissed. why wouldn't he be? odom was thrown away for a trade exception. he was the team glue, and bynum insurance. now he's on the defending champs and they signed jason kapono.

demanding a trade though. that's pretty extreme. steven a. is just speculating.

John Walls Era
Trade him to the Bulls. Rose and Kobe back court would be awesome, Miami would not stand a chance. I know it's not going to happen, but I can dream.

Wouldn't work. Both guys want and need the ball to be more effective.

smith&wesson

so you give these two credit for predictions they have made in the past ?

Robbw241
12-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Kobe to the HEAT

Lakeshow24KB
12-15-2011, 08:11 PM
I think there's more of a chance of Charlie V. growing of hair than this happening.

D Roses Bulls
12-15-2011, 08:12 PM

we don't know that with rose because he has had to be the main scoring option since he was in the league pretty much and we know rose can dish the ball, look at his assists last year with no true second scoring option really and all of the injuries.

Anilyzer
12-15-2011, 08:13 PM
Washington Wizards for John Wall...?

CLEVELAND for Kyrie Irving...?

ne3xchamps
Lmao. this is horseshit. Kobe isn't going anywhere. He will retire a laker. /thread.

John Walls Era
we don't know that with rose because he has had to be the main scoring option since he was in the league pretty much and we know rose can dish the ball, look at his assists last year with no true second scoring option really and all of the injuries.

I meant Kobe would want the ball in his hands late in games.

RLundi
12-15-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't think Kobe would demand a trade. He's already relatively late in his career and the city of Los Angeles absolutely eats of out of the palms of his hands.

He's not going anywhere. Screamin A Smith is the epitome of a moronic imbecile.

Mudvayne91
so you give these two credit for predictions they have made in the past ?

I believe they have credibility, if that's what you're asking. Apparently ESPN agrees.

D Roses Bulls
I meant Kobe would want the ball in his hands late in games.

trust me, I don't think Rose would have a problem with that if Kobe was traded to the Bulls, but Like I said, it's a pipe dream. I don't see the Lakers trading him.

tbomlad
12-15-2011, 08:19 PM
Bucher reported the Orlando Magic are at or near the top of Kobe's list. How ironic is this!!! I can definitely see this happening.

Mudvayne91
12-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Bucher reported the Orlando Magic are at or near the top of Kobe's list. How ironic is this!!! I can definitely see this happening.

Didn't see that, but he was the other that did predict him asking for a trade. Looks like more drama for the NBA

RLundi
12-15-2011, 08:21 PM

:laugh2:

By the way, I own a unicorn.

Anilyzer
12-15-2011, 08:22 PM

really? Kobe has a list now?

Wow. This is a really weird NBA season.

IAmARanger18
12-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Can't stand Stephen A Smith sometimes.

ManRam
:laugh2:

By the way, I own a unicorn.

:laugh:

I don't for a second believe Kobe would ever demand a trade to Orlando...

Birdmannn
Bosh and Wade for Kobe and Bynum?
Anybody else like this?

Hawkeye15
While I think SAS is simply causing a stir, you have to be kidding me if it shocked you if Kobe did indeed demand a trade. Done it before, may do it again.

jimbobjarree
12-15-2011, 08:25 PM
lol if they lose Kobe to the Clippers as well

lakersfan01
12-15-2011, 08:26 PM
I predicted a Kobe tantrum way back in June. It's going to happen, and its because he isn't being consulted about coach hiring, trades, and he fears that he isn't going to have the freedom to hoist volume shot attempts.

GeraldRFord
12-15-2011, 08:27 PM

...why would they trade him to the Clippers?

lakersfan01

Not without getting Paul or Griffin in return lol. Won't happen, Kobe doesn't want to be a Clipper :D

Bulls_fan90

Like Wade and LeBron right?

LayZbone
12-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Anybody else like this?

LOL, no.

smith&wesson
12-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Anybody else like this?

no body likes this lol

Jewelz0376
12-15-2011, 08:32 PM
If he did get traded I wouldn't mind watching him play on the bulls

KingPosey
12-15-2011, 08:35 PM
I hate the Lakers, and their stupidity is kind of annoying me even. Id be pissed if I was KB. Mike ****ing Brown? Odom to the Mavs for free?

jewno
12-15-2011, 08:37 PM
if he demands a trade almost no one will hate on kobe for it, since most laker supporters are kobe fans and not laker fans.

smith&wesson
12-15-2011, 08:38 PM
I believe they have credibility, if that's what you're asking. Apparently ESPN agrees.

kobe asked for a trade before, but if thats all smith is going by then how credible is it really ?

i think kobe is smart enough to know that his contract is very large and at his age it will be hard for any one to gut their team in a trade for him. he doesnt have enough time for that team to build around him. it is much easier to trade bynum or gasol or both to put more talent around him then for him to go to a team where they would have to give up major assets to get him thus making it even harder for him to win in the short term.

i beleive he is unhappy with the odom move but i also beleive that kobe knows how to put pressure on upper management and that is all that this is about.

Avenged
12-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Damn you guys make it seem like we'll be in the lottery.

bholly
12-15-2011, 08:41 PM
I don't believe it, but it's fun to think about anyway.

The only trade that even half makes sense that I can think of is Melo...

Anilyzer
12-15-2011, 08:44 PM
let's face it... I mean it was no secret that when Jim Buss took over the team, and showed Phil Jackson the door, that the word was that he thought Phil Jackson was overrated and didn't do much.

Brian Shaw was passed over as Laker's coach, because he was a Phil Jackson guy. Ronnie Lester and many other scouts and personnel folks were shown the door, presumably because Jim Buss can do all this work himself, so, who needs them.

Odom was dumped, as the probably felt he was overrated and slowed the team down (I somewhat agree with this). Conversely, Bynum is not traded for CP3 and apparently not for Dwight either, because Jim Buss drafted him and thinks he is way better than those guys, potentially.

It's not impossible that Jim Buss figures that Kobe is overpaid ($25M) a big Phil Jackson guy, doesn't like Mike Brown, shoots too much, makes some bad decisions, and basically, that some players Jim Buss drafts or trades for will be just as good or better than Kobe.

It is very possible that this is the thought process. Although it seems ridiculous and would be utterly horrible PR and "basketball" wise, maybe this actually happens.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Damn you guys make it seem like we'll be in the lottery.

yeah, but don't worry, if you ever do miss the playoffs by a game, Stern will hook you up with the #1 pick lol

kblo247
12-15-2011, 08:46 PM
They won't do it. TWC gave them 5 billion for the right to exclusively market a library of his games according to Mason and Irealand as they have a block planned for him. They aren't going to piss them off.

At the end of the day he is just pissed at Jimmy like he was years ago as Jimmy disrespected Odom/Shaw/Lester/Hamble/Cleamons/Joel. His being years ago caused Jeanie and Jerry to intervene. Same thing will happen again, Jerry and Jeanie will say we got this and he will calm down out of respect and trust for them.

Mudvayne91
12-15-2011, 08:48 PM
kobe asked for a trade before, but if thats all smith is going by then how credible is it really ?

i think kobe is smart enough to know that his contract is very large and at his age it will be hard for any one to gut their team in a trade for him. he doesnt have enough time for that team to build around him. it is much easier to trade bynum or gasol or both to put more talent around him then for him to go to a team where they would have to give up major assets to get him thus making it even harder for him to win in the short term.

i beleive he is unhappy with the odom move but i also beleive that kobe knows how to put pressure on upper management and that is all that this is about.

All I'm saying is they're beat writers (Bucher included) for the NBA. They break stories and they're paid for doing so. Certainly I get annoyed by SAS too, but I do value his opinion when it comes to this stuff.

As for the latter part of your post, I agree. As in 2007, he's upset with the current roster and the moves maid prior. I think he's try to force the Lakers' hand to improve the roster. However, it's still interesting that both Smith and Bucher have come out with this trade notion. I just feel it's news worthy, that's all.

Rivera
12-15-2011, 08:54 PM
well stephen a smith was the first to break lebron to miami forming the big 3

blahblahyoutoo
12-15-2011, 08:56 PM
kobe to denver for therapist part deux!

bholly
12-15-2011, 08:57 PM
Forget Melo, here's my favourite idea for the Lakers: trade him for Terry + Kidd's expirings, then offer the Pau + Bynum package for Dwight and Hedo, amnesty MWP, then do whatever you can to drop 2 more million and next summer the Lakers have cap space for Deron.

blahblahyoutoo
12-15-2011, 08:58 PM

kobe for dwight swap?!!?!

bholly
12-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Or amnesty Luke and offer Metta a buyout during one of his manic stages.

swirl54
12-15-2011, 09:01 PM
I have been saying for years he will end his career with the Bulls.

Avenged
12-15-2011, 09:02 PM
kobe for dwight swap?!!?!

Very very unlikely. He has a no trade clause so he won't accept to go play for a team like Orlando who lacks the pieces to contend.

iamsteel
yeah, but don't worry, if you ever do miss the playoffs by a game, Stern will hook you up with the #1 pick lol

Wanna bet the Wolves pick the Hornets get next year will win the lottery?

Raph12
Does it matter, who will trade to pay Kobe 30M/yr?

swirl54
12-15-2011, 09:04 PM

Nevermind 30 mil no way will Bulls take that on.

gotoHcarolina52
12-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Welcome to Orange County, Mike Miller and Joel Anthony!!!!!!

Bulls_fan90
12-15-2011, 09:05 PM
25mill not 30. Real funny broooo^

Raph12
12-15-2011, 09:08 PM
25mill not 30.

25 now, 27 next season, 30 in the final season; you wanna pay that?... Knock yourself out lol.

thenetslegend
12-15-2011, 09:09 PM
okc would jump on this

barreleffact
12-15-2011, 09:10 PM
With a 30 mil contract, Kobe really has no leverage. He cares too much about his legacy to tank or stop playing, and no team would trade for his salary considering it's half the cap. Good luck with that one. Jim Buss is an idiot and is ruining everything his father built made great

rwynyc
12-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Impossible. No one would take on the salary. He is not worth it anymore. A salary like that is for players on their last leg and have done so much for the organization they have played for their whole career

The lakers did get a year older and worse this year so I think its safe there time is up. Of course they make the playoffs but first round exit for sure. Quote it.

Rapsjaysleafs
12-15-2011, 09:20 PM
210 people are viewing this thread!

WOW!!

Side note - Who is worse. SA Smith or Chris Broussard?

Bulls_fan90
12-15-2011, 09:21 PM
25 now, 27 next season, 30 in the final season; you wanna pay that?... Knock yourself out lol.

I would happily trade Boozer + Korver + Watson for Kobe. Obviously not a fair trade but goes to show that the Bulls can easily absorb his contract.

justinnum1
12-15-2011, 09:21 PM
kobe has a no trade clause, right?

OC Knights #11
12-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Trade him to the Spurs.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Breaking News: Kobe Bryant has requested to be traded to Pluto....again.

ManRam
12-15-2011, 09:28 PM
He's basically untradable. Unless LA wants to get little to nothing in return, they just can't trade him. He makes way too much, he's aging and most contenders/teams he probably would want to play for probably wouldn't give up close to equal value.

thenetslegend
12-15-2011, 09:29 PM
He's basically untradable. Unless LA wants to get little to nothing in return, they just can't trade him. He makes way too much, he's aging and most contenders/teams he probably would want to play for probably wouldn't give up close to equal value.

kobe for harden deal?

Underdogz∞
12-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Kobe is secretly interested in playing for the Bulls He wants to do soemthing to make the game fun for him again like playing with some new talent

More-Than-Most
12-15-2011, 09:35 PM
He might not be worth he contract in terms of his play but the revenue he will bring in will be massive for a small city and ridiculous for a big city. He will more than likely double his worth where ever he goes just on his name alone.

rhymeratic
12-15-2011, 09:36 PM
LMAO. Child please! Kobe ain't going nowhere.

blahblahyoutoo
12-15-2011, 09:37 PM
210 people are viewing this thread!

WOW!!

Side note - Who is worse. SA Smith or Chris Broussard?

i can't stand broussard and the way he speaks, that illiterate mutha ****a.

magichatnumber9
12-15-2011, 09:38 PM
S.A.S and C.B are just ***** boys for NBA players

VillaMaravilla
12-15-2011, 09:38 PM
HE ASKED FOR A TRADE ONCE WHATS NOT GOING TO MAKE HIM ASK FOR ONE NOW, THE LAKERS WITHOUT ODOM ARE WORSE NOW THEN LAST YEAR, I can see it happening

Geargo Wallace
12-15-2011, 09:43 PM
HE ASKED FOR A TRADE ONCE WHATS NOT GOING TO MAKE HIM ASK FOR ONE NOW, THE LAKERS WITHOUT ODOM ARE WORSE NOW THEN LAST YEAR, I can see it happening

chill out. We all witnessed Kobe ***** before, but it doesn't mean that he's getting traded. Winning games cures all. Maybe the Lakers can steal some good players again.

If this is true, Kobe is a ***** for thinking that he's entitled to having great teammates. He's been so fortunate through his whole career.

smith&wesson
12-15-2011, 09:44 PM
All I'm saying is they're beat writers (Bucher included) for the NBA. They break stories and they're paid for doing so. Certainly I get annoyed by SAS too, but I do value his opinion when it comes to this stuff.

As for the latter part of your post, I agree. As in 2007, he's upset with the current roster and the moves maid prior. I think he's try to force the Lakers' hand to improve the roster. However, it's still interesting that both Smith and Bucher have come out with this trade notion. I just feel it's news worthy, that's all.

i feel you, it is def as news worthy as any other rumour we've heard. im not knocking the thread.

i just think its unrealistic for kobe to ask for a trade. so even if these guys are right i just see it as a ploy on kobe's part to put pressure on the lakers to make a move.

the more i think about it the more i realize that maybe kobe is making a mistake here. paul is off the table. the only other guy really worth while trading for right now is howard. but theres no point in forcing a trade if its just for the sake of making a trade. gasol and bynum are still good solid big men and the lakers dont have that many players that are apealing to trade partners.

Eagles4Lyfe
Come to the raptors our management will take care of you:D

Aust
Stephen A Smith is incredibly pessimistic, basically holding up a sign reading "The End is Near" for the Lakers. And we all know how wrong Ric Bucher can be.
I don't understand how people think Lamar Odom is the difference between making us a Championship contender, and an 8th seed....
We just signed McRoberts whose younger, hungrier, and hopefully can be more consistent than LO. He also has good potential. We also might sign Troy Murphy who's capable of giving you 15 and 10.

lavell12
12-15-2011, 09:46 PM
Well with the new amnesty clause I could see a team using it on a current player and trading a lot of 1st round picks for Kobe.

JayStar-8
12-15-2011, 09:49 PM
Kobe to the Knicks? LOL

smith&wesson
12-15-2011, 09:50 PM
Come to the raptors our management will take care of you:D

LOL ya we'll take care of you. we'll take you out in the offseason since youll never see the playoffs again :facepalm:

thenetslegend
Kobe to the Knicks? LOL

for fields lol

Geargo Wallace
Stephen A Smith is incredibly pessimistic, basically holding up a sign reading "The End is Near" for the Lakers. And we all know how wrong Ric Bucher can be.
I don't understand how people think Lamar Odom is the difference between making us a Championship contender, and an 8th seed....
We just signed McRoberts whose younger, hungrier, and hopefully can be more consistent than LO. He also has good potential. We also might sign Troy Murphy who's capable of giving you 15 and 10.

This reminds me of Bulls fans and their impression that Rip Hamilton will win them the Championship this year. McRoberts and Murphy wont make up for the loss of Odom.

Geargo Wallace
12-15-2011, 09:51 PM
LOL ya we'll take care of you. we'll take you out in the offseason since youll never see the playoffs again :facepalm:

LeBron could take us to the finals. Kobe could take us to the first round.

ChicagoRox
12-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Steven A is just pissed because Broussard is the current king of having smelly turds coming out of his mouth, so he came out with this crap.

kblo247
12-15-2011, 09:52 PM

Any team looking to bring in at least 80mil a year abc, annually, which is what he generates by himself for the Lakers

Law25
12-15-2011, 09:55 PM
This is Kobe from today...

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2011/12/15/111215practicekobebryant-1936284/index.html

I call ******** on SAS and Ric

thenetslegend
12-15-2011, 09:55 PM
did someone actually say kobe had a list of teams? LOL

effen5
12-15-2011, 09:56 PM
hes going to the nets.

thenetslegend
12-15-2011, 09:56 PM
This is Kobe from today...

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2011/12/15/111215practicekobebryant-1936284/index.html

I call ******** on SAS and Ric

doesnt mean anything, some ******** has been coming out of dwights mouth too

faridk89
12-15-2011, 09:57 PM
kobe to the heat? :p hahahahahaha

airforceones25
12-15-2011, 09:59 PM
sounds about right... cry once, cry twice.

Ty Fast
12-15-2011, 10:01 PM
kobe for wade???

Mr_Amaziing
12-15-2011, 10:05 PM
It would be awesome to see Kobe and Rose play together

shep33
12-15-2011, 10:08 PM
I heard Stephen A talk about this... complete assumption by him, he didn't talk to Kobe or anything.

Guy is so full of it.

what54!?
12-15-2011, 10:09 PM
not getting traded but damn the lakers are messing up and the clippers are getting superstars. thought I'd never see the day

Sota4Ever
12-15-2011, 10:10 PM
Timberwolves need a sg...

shep33
12-15-2011, 10:12 PM
haha he ain't going anywhere... although even as a Laker fan could you imagine him on the Bulls? Wowzers

RCarlson85
12-15-2011, 10:13 PM

Haha...NO! I'm hoping your joking, but in case you aren't I say hell no. I wouldn't want any part of Kobe. He's an aging/declining ballhog.

kobebabe
12-15-2011, 10:14 PM
:bs:

RCarlson85
12-15-2011, 10:15 PM
kobe for wade???

Are you serious???

justinnum1
12-15-2011, 10:22 PM
kobe for wade???

:facepalm:

jammastershake
12-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Sixers Get: Kobe Byrant, World Peace

Lakers Get: Even Turner, Elton Brand, Andre Iguodala

Sixers Lineup:

C S. Hawes
PF N. Vucevic
SF M. World Peace
SG K. Bryant
PG J. Holiday

Lakers Lineup:

C A. Bynum
PF E. Brand
SF A. Iguodala
SG E. Turner
PG S. Blake/D. Fisher

Lakers can trade Gasol & use the amnesty clause on Brand after the season and have mad cap room for Dwight Howard.

CaptainClutch
12-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Sixers Get: Kobe Byrant, World Peace

Lakers Get: Even Turner, Elton Brand, Andre Iguodala

Sixers Lineup:

C S. Hawes
PF N. Vucevic
SF M. World Peace
SG K. Bryant
PG J. Holiday

Lakers Lineup:

C A. Bynum
PF E. Brand
SF A. Iguodala
SG E. Turner
PG S. Blake/D. Fisher

Lakers can trade Gasol & use the amnesty clause on Brand after the season and have mad cap room for Dwight Howard.

No way he'll go from the bright lights of LA to Philly. As much as they are a great sports town, I doubt he'd want Philly. It's probably Miami or NY if any...and we know he's pissed at the Bus family

carter80
12-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Kobe to the knicks for a package involving melo?

Mudvayne91
12-15-2011, 10:48 PM
No way he'll go from the bright lights of LA to Philly. As much as they are a great sports town, I doubt he'd want Philly. It's probably Miami or NY if any...and we know he's pissed at the Bus family

IDK to the extent of how serious Kobe was about a trade back in 2007, but the rumor was Denver. Philly is a larger market than Denver.

VinceCarter
12-15-2011, 10:48 PM
They should do Dirk for Kobe straight up for ***** and giggles.

jammastershake
12-15-2011, 10:50 PM

Kobe is from Philly and played his HS ball there. He was booed at the AS Game a few years back, so I wouldn't be surprised if he would want to come back as a hero.

GunFactor187
12-15-2011, 10:51 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m275/GunFactor007/KobeBryantPistons2.jpg?t=1275115263

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m275/GunFactor007/KobeBryantPistons1.jpg?t=1275115240

ldawg
12-15-2011, 10:52 PM
lol even if this was true. the lakers wouldn't trade him and b. who could trade for that salary? The Orando Magic. Turk, Richardson, Pick and Duhon for Kobe and Artest. Sign williams off season Williams,Kobe,Artest,Baby,Howard. La let Odom go for cheese so they can do the same for Kobe clause cut Turk and Rebuild around Bynum. LA did not tweak the roaster they threw in the towel to early. My question is how La got here so fast? We were just talking how young they were then boom they were old. Farmer>Fisher, Ariza>Artest, Mbenga>Ratlif, Powell>Smith. What is Jim really doing? Do he have a clue? La has been taking a step back every season since they got Pau. Blame cost cut Jim he will be the fall of the Lakers.

3mikee_
12-15-2011, 10:52 PM
LOLLLLLLL... there's no way he is getting traded at this point..

Fresno
12-15-2011, 10:58 PM

Why in the world would Kobe ever want to play for Miami or New York?

I think you've gotten too used to saying Miami or NY for bum Free Agents that you think that Kobe wants to ring chase on those teams.

Kobe wants to be "the man" and he wants a GM/Owner committed to winning.

VinceCarter
12-15-2011, 11:01 PM

Why in the world would Kobe ever want to play for Miami or New York?

I think you've gotten too used to saying Miami or NY for bum Free Agents that you think that Kobe wants to ring chase on those teams.

Kobe wants to be "the man" and he wants a GM/Owner committed to winning.

The Nets! :laugh2: Seriously I wouldn't want him though for the price he would demand and cap space he'd take up. Unless he has another 5 really good years in him then maybe.

Master Mind
12-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Stephen A. Smith is a reliable source to me :shrug:

Master Mind
12-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Kobe to Philly? :p

kylem4711
12-15-2011, 11:13 PM
kobe's always been a spoiled brat

Lakerfan32
12-15-2011, 11:18 PM
If there is even an ounce of truth I would ship him out in a heart beat. Fish too. Neither have any loyalty

ManningToTyree
12-15-2011, 11:21 PM
SAS is dumb as dirt

Mudvayne91
12-15-2011, 11:27 PM
He may be, but he does have some credibility imo.

beardown4243
12-15-2011, 11:34 PM
SAS was the first to call Lebron/Bosh/Wade to Miami...he seems credible to me, although this seems more like his opinion.

Bucher on the other hand has no credibility. I don't know how he still has a job.

mikealike305
12-15-2011, 11:34 PM
If there is even an ounce of truth I would ship him out in a heart beat. Fish too. Neither have any loyalty

Loyalty means nothing. It's a business man, not many people involved in the sport(coaches,players,owners,gms) have "loyalty"

Greet
12-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Honestly speaking what team would give up a lot for Kobe? His value isn't that high.

DasBoot
12-15-2011, 11:39 PM
LOL. Kobe and Phil reunion at the Garden in Orange and Blue. ... no but really Stephen A Smith is a screaming ******.

bowdown27
12-15-2011, 11:44 PM
Stephen a knows absolutely squat about Kobe. He's just trying to stir the pot.

dnewguy
12-15-2011, 11:45 PM
At this point, i'll trade Kobe if I was Jerry Buss. I haven't seen any superstar pampered as much as him, they gave him so many great players during his career leading to 5 championships. He should be thankful and stop complaining. I never seen Kobe take less pay, but he wants everything. Must be a Republican.

Bruno
12-15-2011, 11:48 PM
this thread should be closed. pure speculation. kobe is untradeable because of the size of his contract. they couldn't even move him if he wanted it.

only way he gets moved is if he restructures his contract, which isn't gona happen. He's getting MJ money right now.

Pakman
12-15-2011, 11:50 PM
Kobe wanting a trade? oh please, anyone who believes this ******* is just as dumb as the man reporting it.

Pistol_Pete
12-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Even if this is true, what team could possibly afford absorbing that contract? And what kind of trade would be acceptable? You're not trading a younger top guy like LeBron or Durant for Kobe. And the Lakers would demand quality in return.

Mudvayne91
12-15-2011, 11:53 PM
this thread should be closed. pure speculation. kobe is untradeable because of the size of his contract. they couldn't even move him if he wanted it.

only way he gets moved is if he restructures his contract, which isn't gona happen. He's getting MJ money right now.

Close it if you want, but Ric Bucher and Smith both feel he'll ask for a trade. I was careful to put predicts in the title just so it wouldn't be misinterpreted. Either way, just thought it was interesting and caught my eye. Doesn't matter to me.

BrandoCommando
He will be a Raptor.

sb123
Amnesty?

Start rebuilding.

Muttman73
12-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Bulls

jmoney85
12-16-2011, 12:01 AM
awwww poor little kobe didnt get what he wants and now hes gonna cry wahhhhhhhhhh

Fireworld
12-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Don't believe it. Kobe is a Laker for life.

Geargo Wallace
12-16-2011, 12:03 AM
He mad?

IBleedPurple
12-16-2011, 12:43 AM
This is blowing smoke.

They'll likely get Chauncey, pickup Kenyon Martin before the playoffs, and be as good as last year.

Corey
12-16-2011, 12:48 AM
This is all just a big smoke screen in my opinion.

Raph12
12-16-2011, 01:03 AM
I would happily trade Boozer + Korver + Watson for Kobe. Obviously not a fair trade but goes to show that the Bulls can easily absorb his contract.

And we could trade Hedo, Nelson and Redick for him, doesn't mean the Lakers would do it... Any good/decent deal for Kobe, the player, would not work because of his contract.

Gram
12-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Stephen A Smith doesn't know ****.

Lakerfan32
12-16-2011, 01:31 AM
He's done it before which is why it's believable

bholly
12-16-2011, 01:34 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7358231/kobe-bryant-blames-owners-failed-chris-paul-los-angeles-lakers-deal

Certainly sounds like it isn't real. He's mad, but from this story it doesn't sound like he's nearly 'trade me' mad - more mad at other owners.

Bruno
12-16-2011, 01:47 AM
Close it if you want, but Ric Bucher and Smith both feel he'll ask for a trade. I was careful to put predicts in the title just so it wouldn't be misinterpreted. Either way, just thought it was interesting and caught my eye. Doesn't matter to me.

I don't deny that they think that. but they don't take their notion to its ultimate conclusion.

the point is, his contract can not be moved. even if he wanted out in LA it would be nearly impossible to move him. short of restructuring his current deal, he is unmovable.

even if a team had the cap space to take him, he would veto the trade, as that potential team would have less of a chance to win than los angeles currently does. its an nba scenario of pressure from above, pressure from below.

impossible scenario, short of contract restructuring.

Crackadalic
12-16-2011, 01:48 AM
He isnt getting traded. He's gonna get Amnesty and sign with the knicks for the vet min and win a chip at the garden..............

What I just said is pure BS just like Kobe not being in a Laker uniform. Not gonna happen. PERIOD

BKLYNpigeon
12-16-2011, 02:26 AM
He did this last time and he got Gasol.

ThunderousDemon
12-16-2011, 02:45 AM

I think all of us laker fans hate Jim Buss A.K.A. Frank McCourt jr.

Bulldogs100
12-16-2011, 02:45 AM
kobe, bynum, and gasol for dwight, turk, and picks(jk lal fans dont **** your pants) ....funny how lakers fans react when stephen a talks about their best player moving somewhere but when he talks about dwight or cp3 going there his word is the gospel

tkshy
12-16-2011, 02:48 AM
I don't know about Kobe, I am livid, I am pissed with the Lakers GM. I may demand a trade!

Bulldogs100
12-16-2011, 03:07 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=78rl4nm set it up

iggypop123
12-16-2011, 03:23 AM
screaming a smith is becoming as big of a troll as skip bayless. wake up people. you are only growing his wallet by taking the bait.

abe_froman
12-16-2011, 03:39 AM
i bet he is livid,just like all levels of laker nation is....but doubt he demands a trade

5ass
12-16-2011, 03:55 AM
**** Stephen A. Smith, I think I saw him masturbating in a car one time.

Wade>You
12-16-2011, 04:17 AM
Anybody else like this?Kobe and Bynum do. Heat aren't trading anyone unless it's a package of Miller for a Center.

Cano-Montero...
12-16-2011, 04:41 AM
I don't deny that they think that. but they don't take their notion to its ultimate conclusion.

the point is, his contract can not be moved. even if he wanted out in LA it would be nearly impossible to move him. short of restructuring his current deal, he is unmovable.

even if a team had the cap space to take him, he would veto the trade, as that potential team would have less of a chance to win than los angeles currently does. its an nba scenario of pressure from above, pressure from below.

impossible scenario, short of contract restructuring.

I think with the way its structure now its easy to move kobe than before... remember its now 150% unlike 125% before...

With that in mind if a team can come up with 19 million in salary they can trade for Kobe...

But I dont see him demanding a trade..

ink
12-16-2011, 05:00 AM
Kobe Bryant and Stephen A. Smith, tag team geniuses. smh

Sorry, it's hard to resist with people this stupid on such a consistent basis.

Does this mean Kobe is going to get videod *****ing to Lakers fans in the parking lot demanding they trade Bynum again???

Anilyzer
12-16-2011, 05:01 AM
Kobe is worth way more than his contract. This is 2011. $25M a year, that's like what the Hornets are paying Okafor and Chris Kaman. What a joke.

Kobe is STILL perhaps the best player, the most polished and accomplished player, and when he is "on" the most potent offensive weapon. Also no one will argue what a supreme defender he is.

For all the talk about Lebron failing in the clutch etc, people should remember that Kobe has 5 rings, could easily have 7 rings if not for some bizarro refereeing, and is still the REAL deal of the NBA. He's barely 32, super fit, and the only other player who is anywhere near as fundamentally sound as him is Steve Nash.

Here...

Philly pays Igoudala and Elton Brand $30M +

Cleveland pays Antwan Jamison and Baron Davis $29M (HAHAHAHAHAHA)

Charlotte pays Corey Maggette, Boris Diaw and Diop $25M

Milwaukee pays Bogut and Dunleavy $22M

Washington pays Rashard Lewis and Blatche $27.5M

TopsyTurvy
12-16-2011, 05:14 AM
I get why Kobe is frustrated and even understand why he would ask for a trade, but the Dwight sweepstakes is still far from over and the team certainly seems like it is posturing for that opportunity.

If Buss holds onto his cap space for less of a luxury tax hit, I still think it's a savvy move. On top of that, if he sees the team becoming mired by raw contracts on aging players, he can easily blow it up and reboot with some enviable pieces when he moves his all-star talent.

All in all, I think he's doing a great job with the team.

spreadeagle
12-16-2011, 05:37 AM

ur killin me dude lmao

Ebbs
12-16-2011, 05:38 AM
This is 50/50 totally believable but just as likely to be bull ****. Anyways I hope Kobe goes somewhere else. Joe Johnson + Josh Smith for Kobe + metta world dip ****

wjmoffatt
12-16-2011, 05:50 AM
I hope we do trade Kobe. No one man is bigger than the Lakers. If he wants out and to win he deserves that choice, but if he wants to stay we stillness to do an overhaul on the roster because it's not set up to win this season or next or even 5-7 years from now. Trade the pieces before they're not worth anything.

LA all day!

rabzouz 96
12-16-2011, 06:41 AM
this would actually be perfect for the lakers, this way they could trade him while saving their face, while hes actually still worth at least a little and rebuild for their next wave of success without an overaged primadonna star.

_Supreme_
12-16-2011, 06:53 AM
LOL This will be good...

:nod:

Demon11
12-16-2011, 06:54 AM
i think my sig fits in with this thread

_Supreme_
12-16-2011, 06:58 AM

While eating Cheese Doodles.

Bruno
12-16-2011, 07:15 AM
I think with the way its structure now its easy to move kobe than before... remember its now 150% unlike 125% before...

With that in mind if a team can come up with 19 million in salary they can trade for Kobe...

But I dont see him demanding a trade..

Can you think of a single team who can come up with 19 million in salary who would still be a contender after shipping back 19 million in pieces? Or a single team that could offer a package worth 19 million dollars that the Lakers would accept in return?

kobe won't agree to a trade to a team who won't be a serious contender. no team can send off 19 million in salary back to the lakers while keeping the pieces to remain contenders with the addition of kobe AND appease the lakers with good enough pieces in return. maybe a team with some bloated contracts could offer it, but would the lakers accept those bloated pieces in return for Bryant. i dont see it happening without restructuring his current deal.

kblo247
12-16-2011, 07:20 AM

You got a Magic sig and avy. He asked out and demanded his coach got fired to keep him, as well as to pick the replacement in Pat. Know your history if you are going to wear out.

MOST
12-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Bulls... he should would be epic

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-16-2011, 07:49 AM
lol

Anon
12-16-2011, 07:58 AM
Hard to blame him. The end is near for Kid Kobe. The Lakers got worse this offseason and are probably around 5 or 6 in the West now. Kobe does not have time for them to rebuild.

quade36
12-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Amnesty, then he signs with the Heat :) Wade furious about it, demands a trade. Gets traded to the Bulls. Rose furious demands a trade, gets traded to the Clippers, Paul frustrated demands a trade gets traded to the Lakers. Lakers fans happy they get their man!!!!

Chi StateOfMind
12-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Amnesty, then he signs with the Heat :) Wade furious about it, demands a trade. Gets traded to the Bulls. Rose furious demands a trade, gets traded to the Clippers, Paul frustrated demands a trade gets traded to the Lakers. Lakers fans happy they get their man!!!!

So what team would have won out of those trades?

1_team_1_dream
12-16-2011, 09:59 AM
So what team would have won out of those trades?

amnesty kobe trade for howard sign dwill

Better-Than-You
12-16-2011, 10:07 AM
You do realize the Lakers will still be over the cap even if Kobe gets amnestied right????????????

kobebabe
12-16-2011, 10:11 AM
SAS can say anything from his mouth to get attention! I hate the dude!!!

Chi StateOfMind
12-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Kobe isn't goin anywhere. Just a reason for them to go out and handle their business.

Law25
12-16-2011, 10:56 AM
You know your blinded by hatred or just weak minded when somones assumption, and speculations on how a player may feel makes you furious. The video i posted shows Kobe is disgusted by the owners and their treatment of the Lakers. Not with Lakers managment. This isnt a D12 situation because it was reported he was telling his team he was gone to the Nets and was pist when it didnt happen. Kobe said in the video he thinks his team can contend dispite popular belief and he has faith in managment. Lets not let this be more than it is.

On another note can people stop hating on the Lakers and Mr Bryants teammates. People talk as if Lakers cheated to get them. Heres a run down on how he recieved his teammates.

Shaq - sign before he was drafted

Odom - When managment was tired of Shaq for known reasons Odom was traded for him in a three player swap.

Bynum - After the Lakers being plagued by injuries mainly to Kobe, Odom, and Butler and missing the playoffs he was drafted around 10 or 11 which means other teams had a shot at him.

Pau - Mid season trade. Where the Lakers traded Kwame Brown, Javaris Crit-something, gave them Gasols little brother who is a top five center, and Aaron Mickie who pulled a Vanhorn by comin basicly out of retirment to make the trade work. For those who dont know thats how the Mavs got Kidd but no ones pissed at Dirk or his team for that lol. Another thing to, no one wanted Pau then because he was seen as a health risk, and he was an after thought. It wasnt until he teamed with Kobe that he began to be considered one of the best Pf's in the game.

Quick recap. Kobe has never played with more than one allstar on any of his championship teams, but has had some quality role players. So to haters check the hate.

Law25
12-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Food for thought

Jordan had problems with ownership and left the Bulls when they let Phil go.

Magic got a coach fired.

Shaq *****ed out managment which lead to his trade.

Kobe demanded a trade once.