PDA

View Full Version : Which Non-Playoff Team has best chance this year to make Playoffs

KingsMadness44
12-15-2011, 06:20 PM
alright with the season about to begin and taking into account that its a much shorter season i think there is a possibilty for a few teams that fell short making the playoffs. Also taking into account all the recent trades and FA signnings.

so if you could pick 2 teams from each conference that could make a splash this season?

The_Jamal
12-15-2011, 06:25 PM
It's wide open for a lot of teams. There will likely be 2 spots up for grabs in the west, and the east outside of Miami, Chicago, Boston, and Orlando (with DH) is always a different combination of teams. The Clippers and Wizards would be my 2 teams to make it in that didn't last year. The Clips for obvious reasons and I could see Wall and Javale McGee making big strides this season

Boozerguy47
12-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Clippers and Warriors.

Raph12
12-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Easy answer, Clippers... Unlikely answer, yet doable, Wizards.

Nets if they get Dwight.

KingsMadness44
12-15-2011, 06:33 PM
i was thinking the wizards myself......i think they have a good young core and i like there coach

anyone think the kings have a shot?

mightybosstone
12-15-2011, 06:37 PM
West: Clippers and Rockets
The Clippers selection is obvious, but I think my Rockets have a really solid shot to make a 6-8 seed, especially with Denver and New Orleans likely falling out of the playoff race. Guys like Lowry, Lee, Budinger, Patterson, Hill, etc. will be a year older and Martin and Scola are still in their primes. Even if they don't add a center through trade or free agency, I think Hill has the potential to start there and be decent enough to make Houston around a .500 basketball team (or slightly better), as they were in previous seasons.

East: Bucks and Nets
The Nets selection is based mostly on the belief that they're getting Dwight Howard, but even if they didn't, a combination of a healthy Deron Williams and Brook Lopez is nothing to laugh at. And the Bucks still have one of the best defensive centers in the league (Bogut) and were a force to reckon with when they were healthier two seasons ago. I almost took the Wizards, but I feel like both of these franchises have more veterans and established stars than Washington does.

KingsMadness44
12-15-2011, 06:39 PM
the Kings right now are trying to get AK47 which would give us a pretty good starting line-up not to mention a deep bench

Tyreke Evans/The Jimmer
Macus Thorton/Francisco Garcia
John Salmons/AK47?
Chuck Hayes/J.J. Hickson
DeMarcus Cousin/Jason Thompson

i mean we don't have the big names but i think as a unit we can do pretty well! especially in a shortened season again this is IF we were to sign AK47

KingsMadness44
12-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Clippers and Warriors.

why do you say the warriors? i'm not knocking your selection i'm just curious why you picked them? There team hasnt changed much since last year right...

IAmARanger18
12-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Cippers for obvious reasons and Wizards.

Raph12
12-15-2011, 06:46 PM
i was thinking the wizards myself......i think they have a good young core and i like there coach

anyone think the kings have a shot?

They may have a shot as the West got weaker, but who do you put them ahead of in this list?... Lakers, Clippers, Mavs, Thunder, Grizz, Spurs, Blazers and/or Jazz.

I got them right there with the Rockets, Nuggets, Suns, Warriors and TWolves; as teams that could make the playoffs if they overachieve.

Baller1
12-15-2011, 06:49 PM
West: Clippers and Rockets
The Clippers selection is obvious, but I think my Rockets have a really solid shot to make a 6-8 seed, especially with Denver and New Orleans likely falling out of the playoff race. Guys like Lowry, Lee, Budinger, Patterson, Hill, etc. will be a year older and Martin and Scola are still in their primes. Even if they don't add a center through trade or free agency, I think Hill has the potential to start there and be decent enough to make Houston around a .500 basketball team (or slightly better), as they were in previous seasons.

East: Bucks and Nets
The Nets selection is based mostly on the belief that they're getting Dwight Howard, but even if they didn't, a combination of a healthy Deron Williams and Brook Lopez is nothing to laugh at. And the Bucks still have one of the best defensive centers in the league (Bogut) and were a force to reckon with when they were healthier two seasons ago. I almost took the Wizards, but I feel like both of these franchises have more veterans and established stars than Washington does.

I literally picked the exact same four.

WeBallin
12-15-2011, 06:54 PM
I voted for the Pistons, but i am also an HOMER!, But i think we will make the playoffs after all we play in a Top Heavy Eastern Conf. An have JJ back an Monroe with experience now we can make it(I Hope)

Avenged
12-15-2011, 07:00 PM
I had the Clippers making the playoffs as the 7-8th seed before there signing so now they definitely make it imo.

Iodine
12-15-2011, 07:01 PM
Clippers because they got the Point God

Wiz,bucks, and kings because I am DTF at least 2 players from each team

iamsteel
12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Youth and depth could really matter in this condensed season. So there will be some of the younger teams surprising people. e.g. T-Wolves, Kings, Rockets, Wizards

My picks:

Wolves
Clippers (shocker!)

Bucks
Nets

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-15-2011, 07:48 PM
I picked clippers warriors nets bucks
Nets only if they get D12