PDA

View Full Version : David Stern played the Pro-Owner fans (again)

Wade>You
12-15-2011, 05:28 PM
(While there are many cases I can cite, I'll only take a look at the two most recent cases)

Case 1: The owners and pro-owner fans did not want Chris Paul traded to a big market.

So it's no surprise that the original Chris Paul trade to the Lakers got shot down.

Pro-owner fans and owners protested the trade, saying how the new CBA has done nothing to change the system. Stern and the league still got their superstar in a big market by sending him to the same big market, the biggest in the NBA, Los Angeles.

And the pro-owner fans REJOICED after this "victory."

The league gets another superstar in another big market.

AND THE PRO-OWNER FANS BEGGED FOR IT!

Case 2: The owners were claiming that they were bleeding money and could not continue to do business under the previous CBA.

They had the pro-owner fans of small markets spread their agenda.

In the end, the owners spent more frivolously then they did the season before that, offering guys who were only worth around the MLE +/-, anywhere from 2 times to over 4 times their value!

What happened to all those cries and claims that the owners were losing money?

Sure, the new CBA puts more money in the owners pockets, but it did nothing to curb the poor front office management that plagues the NBA, which is the real root of the problem.

The frivolous spending this offseason just goes to show that the pro-owner fans were being used to push their agenda and build support from the public and those that don't know any better.

I leave you with the opinion of one beat writer whom I asked about the frivolous spending from the owners:

"They say one thing, do another." - Ira Winderman

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Quite a few posters were screaming GO OWNERS during the lockout. Have Any Big Name free agents tried to force their way to Mil or Clev

ink
12-15-2011, 05:40 PM
:facepalm:

Many people said that the new CBA accomplished nothing and it was still going to be status quo. And the last week of free agency proved it.

Either this is a complete misunderstanding of what people were saying or this is just another strawman argument.

I doubt anyone who wanted a level playing field thinks the new CBA is worth the paper it's written on.

The owners and GMs are just using the flawed guidelines they had to plug their noses to.

Isn't that kind of obvious???