PDA

View Full Version : Shawne Williams Rejects Knicks, will sign with Nets

gotoHcarolina52
12-15-2011, 03:22 PM
@DonPascualRebol

Shawne Williams will sign with the Nets pending physical.

@WojYahooNBA

Knicks tried to convince Shawne Williams to reconsider, but he's still signing with Nets, sources say. He's on his way to take physical.

Chi StateOfMind
12-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Better oppurtunity for him in NJ/Brooklyn.

spreadeagle
12-15-2011, 03:26 PM
who?

310Casper
12-15-2011, 03:29 PM
who?

AllBall
12-15-2011, 03:31 PM
who?

justinnum1
12-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Knicks really wanted to keep this guy. He would have helped an already week bench.

NYKnickFanatic
12-15-2011, 03:35 PM
Knicks really wanted to keep this guy. He would have helped an already week bench.

:o <--You.

Punk
12-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Better oppurtunity for him in NJ/Brooklyn.

Lol Better to play on a losing team than play Sixth Man for a winning team?

itsripcity32
Definitely not the Knicks...

IAmARanger18
Oh wow big move lolol

Davidgta1
.... Im drawning a blank is he the guy married to the wnba player that plays for the la sparks?

arkanian215
12-15-2011, 03:38 PM
.... Im drawning a blank is he the guy married to the wnba player that plays for the la sparks?

We have him too. That's Shelden. I figured people would mix up Shawne Williams and Sean Williams.

jrm2054
12-15-2011, 03:42 PM
This is the small forward with a good 3 point shot right?

310Casper
12-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Nets offered him 1 million more than knicks possibly could under the rules

NYsFinest
12-15-2011, 03:43 PM
He didn't REJECT the Knicks.... the Nets offered him 2 years 6.1 mill and an opportunity to start, Knicks were offering him 2 years 4.1 mil with a team option the 2nd year to be a bench player.

rickshaw
12-15-2011, 03:46 PM
That's the guy from "I Love you, man" and "Dude where's my car" right?

itsripcity32
12-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Rejectedddddddd

gotoHcarolina52
12-15-2011, 03:49 PM
He didn't REJECT the Knicks.... the Nets offered him 2 years 6.1 mill and an opportunity to start, Knicks were offering him 2 years 4.1 mil with a team option the 2nd year to be a bench player.

No.

@WojYahooNBA

Despite verbal to Nets on 2 year, $6M deal, Knicks haven't stopped recruiting Shawne Williams, sources say. Border war coming to life again.

Knicks tried to convince Shawne Williams to reconsider, but he's still signing with Nets, sources say. He's on his way to take physical.

R-E-J-E-C-T-E-D . . . and by a player only a handful of people can identify. Ouch.

metswon69
12-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Well if he wants a chance to compete in the playoffs its his loss because the Nets suck but it seems like it always comes down to all the mighty dollar.

sixer04fan
12-15-2011, 03:52 PM

Right... Therefore, he REJECTED the Knicks offer, and ACCEPTED the Nets offer.

NYsFinest
12-15-2011, 03:52 PM
No.

@WojYahooNBA

R-E-J-E-C-T-E-D . . . and by a player only a handful of people can identify. Ouch.

They offered him almost half the money the Nets did, and no guarantee in his 2nd year.

gotoHcarolina52
12-15-2011, 03:54 PM
They offered him almost half the money the Nets did, and no guarantee in his 2nd year.

And that's (at least) part of the reason why he REJECTED the Knicks' offer.

NYKSpiritBomb
12-15-2011, 03:58 PM
bummer he had potential

Deemerc
12-15-2011, 03:59 PM
this signing should bring the masses to newark

KnickaBocka.44
12-15-2011, 04:06 PM
I'd rather have Troy Murphy anyway.

KnickNyKnick
12-15-2011, 04:07 PM
damn its gonna be confusing for the nets with all those Williams's

Deemerc
12-15-2011, 04:08 PM
troy murphy is straight up garbage, why would anybody want him. thats a first, someone actually wanting troy murphy

UPRock
12-15-2011, 04:10 PM

That's a lot for him :confused:.

Kashmir13579
12-15-2011, 05:19 PM
All of you asking who and mocking Shawne Williams status in the league, this guy would have been a great pick-up for any team. He's versatile on defense, can play multiple positions on the court, has a sweet stroke from behind the 3 point line, and is still fairly young. The Knicks missed out big-time by not re-signing Williams. This is a big deal for the Knicks.

MrfadeawayJB
12-15-2011, 05:23 PM
damn its gonna be confusing for the nets with all those Williams's

:laugh:

netsgiantsyanks
12-15-2011, 05:26 PM
i remember the nets signed him last year and released him within a day. hopefully some **** like that doesn't happen again :laugh2:

netsgiantsyanks
12-15-2011, 05:29 PM
deron williams
shelden williams
shawne williams
jordan williams

wow

VinceCarter
12-15-2011, 05:30 PM
deron williams
shelden williams
shawne williams
jordan williams

wow

I wonder if Sheldon's jersey will read "She. Williams"

Robbw241
12-15-2011, 05:31 PM
We need Sean Williams and Aaron Williams back too.

netsgiantsyanks
12-15-2011, 05:32 PM
i'm not gonna make fun of shelden williams, he's ****ing candace parker, the hottest chick in the wnba.

netsgiantsyanks
12-15-2011, 05:32 PM

don't forget eric williams.

DoMeFavors
12-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Yes he did reject the Knicks, they disrespected him by having him at the bottom of their list and he decided to disrespect them back and go to the Nets. Should be good off our bench, him and Morrow in the corners both shot over 40 % from deep.

maddBat
12-15-2011, 05:40 PM
troy murphy is straight up garbage, why would anybody want him. thats a first, someone actually wanting troy murphy

LOL! i was actually hoping he would b good wen he was on the nets last year. but he was out of shape and always injured. n sumhow his shot didnt exist. must have chilled w/ outlaw 2 much

maddBat
12-15-2011, 05:42 PM

don't forget eric williams.

great now we can have every1 onn the court w the last name of williams. imagine commentators. williams to williams HAHAHA

Kashmir13579
12-15-2011, 05:44 PM
Yes he did reject the Knicks, they disrespected him by having him at the bottom of their list and he decided to disrespect them back and go to the Nets. Should be good off our bench, him and Morrow in the corners both shot over 40 % from deep.

Congrats on the acquisition. You will like what he brings to the table.

Rockice_8
12-15-2011, 05:47 PM
I'd rather have Troy Murphy anyway.

:facepalm:

Punk
12-15-2011, 05:56 PM
It's really sad and pathetic that 2 whole pages are based off the word "rejected" to make some sort of satisfaction by him not re-signing.

He knew that's all we could offer him and that is his worth being 5 million. Nets overpaying 1 million seemed to sway his mind which seems to be weak, IMO to choose a losing team over a winning team but that's his choice and I wish him well.

DoMeFavors
12-15-2011, 05:59 PM
It's really sad and pathetic that 2 whole pages are based off the word "rejected" to make some sort of satisfaction by him not re-signing.

He knew that's all we could offer him and that is his worth being 5 million. Nets overpaying 1 million seemed to sway his mind which seems to be weak, IMO to choose a losing team over a winning team but that's his choice and I wish him well.

What makes you say the Nets are going to be a losing team? Last year they didnt have Deron Williams.

topdog
12-15-2011, 06:01 PM
He was the perfect Pacer a few years ago when he was drafted - athletic drug dealer with weight issues. Now? I haven't heard much other than he's been "working hard" to save his career.

Da Knicks
12-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Good pick up for the nets, he can shoot the three and play decent defense. Not worth all the money he is getting but good for him...

Punk
12-15-2011, 07:21 PM
What makes you say the Nets are going to be a losing team? Last year they didnt have Deron Williams.

So suddenly Deron will help you get you into the playoffs when he couldn't even do that with Utah last year? Even with a better player in Al Jefferson? Better coach in Jerry Sloan?

There is a reason why the Nets are doing everything they can to get Dwight before opening day. Because they know they will not be anything but a 10th or 12th place team in the standings throughout the season.

DoMeFavors
12-15-2011, 07:32 PM
So suddenly Deron will help you get you into the playoffs when he couldn't even do that with Utah last year? Even with a better player in Al Jefferson? Better coach in Jerry Sloan?

There is a reason why the Nets are doing everything they can to get Dwight before opening day. Because they know they will not be anything but a 10th or 12th place team in the standings throughout the season.

Um actually the Jazz were in the playoffs untill Sloan and Deron left, you do know he got traded in February? There is a difference from the West and the East. And you said why did Shawne Williams leave the Knicks for a "losing team" why did Melo leave the Nuggets a better team for a "losing team" in the Knicks?

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Um actually the Jazz were in the playoffs untill Sloan and Deron left, you do know he got traded in February? There is a difference from the West and the East. And you said why did Shawne Williams leave the Knicks for a "losing team" why did Melo leave the Nuggets a better team for a "losing team" in the Knicks?

The Knicks were a playoff team b4 the trade as well

KingPosey
12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
i'm not gonna make fun of shelden williams, he's ****ing candace parker, the hottest chick in the wnba.

Ya, thats kinda like being the smartest dumb guy.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
I hope Shawne likes Orlando because I see him Lopez ,Brooks, James and picks goin to Orlando for D12

VinceCarter
12-15-2011, 07:38 PM

Don't forget Marcus.

oak2455
12-15-2011, 07:58 PM
who cares bench player .....wow :clap: Nets sb worried about whos gonna be on this years team besides Dwill and :confused:

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-15-2011, 08:06 PM
who cares bench player .....wow :clap: Nets sb worried about whos gonna be on this years team besides Dwill and :confused:

I care.. We needed solid role players.. I won't cry over him but its always tough to lose a cheap solid piece

Kashmir13579
12-15-2011, 08:34 PM
lol... Aaron Williams.

Punk
12-15-2011, 09:01 PM
LOL No. They were on the fringe of the the 8th seed. There is no difference between East and West when Deron didn't do great things with Utah BEFORE the trade.

Fail. The Nuggets were 7th in the West when we traded for Melo and the Knicks were 6th in the East. Nice try.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
12-15-2011, 09:25 PM
6th in the east is the same as 39th in the west...hahaha

ee
12-15-2011, 09:35 PM

wrong, the reason is coz dwight wants to be a net and they have pieces to move....it doesn't take a good team to get 7th-8th place in the east...

DoMeFavors
12-15-2011, 09:37 PM
LOL No. They were on the fringe of the the 8th seed. There is no difference between East and West when Deron didn't do great things with Utah BEFORE the trade.

Fail. The Nuggets were 7th in the West when we traded for Melo and the Knicks were 6th in the East. Nice try.

Nobody wants to play for the NYK thats why you have to overpay, name me one player that took a paycut to sign with the knicks recently? Melo wouldnt come unless he got his extension, Amare had to get his 100 million and Chandler is getting overpaid like crazy. Even Shawne Williams wouldnt resign.

Stack_NJNets
12-15-2011, 09:37 PM
We have him too. That's Shelden. I figured people would mix up Shawne Williams and Sean Williams.

Yo ark you ready for the Williams,Morrow,Williams,Williams Lopez lineup? Lol

Plus Jordan Williams? Thats alot of Williams. But anyway this guy adds much needed shooting for the Nets will get great opportunities on drive and kicks with D-Will, im sure Knicks fans can agree he was stellar with Felton.

Stack_NJNets
12-15-2011, 09:40 PM
All of you asking who and mocking Shawne Williams status in the league, this guy would have been a great pick-up for any team. He's versatile on defense, can play multiple positions on the court, has a sweet stroke from behind the 3 point line, and is still fairly young. The Knicks missed out big-time by not re-signing Williams. This is a big deal for the Knicks.

Yeah, im not sure they understand. He was great at stretching the defense, he will be missed. Not tremendously or anything but still, great add by NJ.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Nobody wants to play for the NYK thats why you have to overpay, name me one player that took a paycut to sign with the knicks recently? Melo wouldnt come unless he got his extension, Amare had to get his 100 million and Chandler is getting overpaid like crazy. Even Shawne Williams wouldnt resign.

Who took a pay cut to play for the nets... Nobody is takin pay cuts right about now.. The new Cba has every1 taking the money. Knicks always overpay. U always attack the Knicks but u guys are still looking up to us at the moment. And you will but ur team to get D12 if ur lucky enough to land him . It's boom or bust for the nets so u shouldn't be talking so much smack bro

Punk
12-15-2011, 09:52 PM
]Nobody wants to play for the NYK[/B] thats why you have to overpay, name me one player that took a paycut to sign with the knicks recently? Melo wouldnt come unless he got his extension, Amare had to get his 100 million and Chandler is getting overpaid like crazy. Even Shawne Williams wouldnt resign.

I stopped reading. You still are the troll of PSD.

1. Melo did not want to enter the lockout as a free agent. That is called logic.

2. Amare got 100 million because that's what he wanted in Phoenix and he would have gotten more if his owner wasn't cheap with the amount of years on his deal. If Phoenix committed to him long term, he would have gotten atleast 120 million.

3. Chandler got overpaid? Yet, Nene was offered 65 million by New Jersey and Gasol re-signed for 56 million. Chandler got 56 which is his worth from last season and as a defensive big. Nice try.

Shawne Williams wanted the extra million and a starting job. I guess nobody wants to play for the Lakers since Shannon Brown left for Phoenix?

Nice try. Troll harder. I think we all would have more respect for Nets fans if they didn't post moronic statements trying to make themselves feel better about their inferior franchise.

DoMeFavors
12-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Who took a pay cut to play for the nets... Nobody is takin pay cuts right about now.. The new Cba has every1 taking the money. Knicks always overpay. U always attack the Knicks but u guys are still looking up to us at the moment. And you will but ur team to get D12 if ur lucky enough to land him . It's boom or bust for the nets so u shouldn't be talking so much smack bro

Pretty ignorant because its always Knick fans that attack the Nets.

Stack_NJNets
12-15-2011, 09:55 PM

1. Melo did not want to enter the lockout as a free agent. That is called logic.

2. Amare got 100 million because that's what he wanted in Phoenix and he would have gotten more if his owner wasn't cheap with the amount of years on his deal. If Phoenix committed to him long term, he would have gotten atleast 120 million.

3. Chandler got overpaid? Yet, Nene was offered 65 million by New Jersey and Gasol re-signed for 56 million. Chandler got 56 which is his worth from last season and as a defensive big. Nice try.

Shawne Williams wanted the extra million and a starting job. I guess nobody wants to play for the Lakers since Shannon Brown left for Phoenix?

Nice try. Troll harder. I think we all would have more respect for Nets fans if they didn't post moronic statements trying to make themselves feel better about their inferior franchise.

I hope my ratio to moronic to non-moronic posts is pretty good.

It's Shawne Williams guys, chill out!

DoMeFavors
12-15-2011, 09:58 PM

Why wouldnt Melo want to enter the Lockout as a free agent he would have got the money anyway? Chandler is VERY overpaid, for a guy that is injury prone it was a bad move. And your last sentence clearly suggests that you are angry that the NETS are the SUPERIOR franchise.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-15-2011, 09:59 PM
Pretty ignorant because its always Knick fans that attack the Nets.

Really.. Most net fans are respectful and courteous. Was just in the forum the other day. Now when certain Net fans bash Melo and other KNICK issues while u have issues of ur own that causes beef. I really hope u exist on this forum if u don't get Dwight. I hope the nets do get him for the good fans. YOU sir love to bait for no reason at all.

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Why wouldnt Melo want to enter the Lockout as a free agent he would have got the money anyway? Chandler is VERY overpaid, for a guy that is injury prone it was a bad move. And your last sentence clearly suggests that you are angry that the NETS are the SUPERIOR franchise.

U don't even believe that. And it doesn't even matter bcuz both haven't been legit championship contenders in years.

BradHolt4CYoung
12-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Knicks and Nets fans should stop acting like there is a rivalry between the two.

The last time both teams were competitive with eachother was the mid 2000s in the Kidd/Marbury era, I believe they met in the playoffs.

Knicks fans shouldnt act like they are so much better then the Nets after 1 playoff year last year. And how they think nobody wants to play with the Nets.

Dwight Howard wants to play for the Nets.

KnickFanSince91
12-15-2011, 10:10 PM
And your last sentence clearly suggests that you are angry that the NETS are the SUPERIOR franchise.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Knicks might not have won the chip in 40 years, but the Nets haven't the won the chip in...ever #cmonson

DoMeFavors
12-15-2011, 10:13 PM
U don't even believe that. And it doesn't even matter bcuz both haven't been legit championship contenders in years.

Nets were a contendor 5 years ago, last time Knicks were was 1999.

effen5
12-15-2011, 10:17 PM
lol @ knicks and nets fans fighting....both of your teams blow.

CaptainClutch
12-15-2011, 10:26 PM
This is the small forward with a good 3 point shot right?

Yes sir. He was leading the league in 3PT shooting at one point during the season last year.

VinceCarter
12-15-2011, 10:35 PM
I think we all would have more respect for Nets fans if they didn't post moronic statements trying to make themselves feel better about their inferior franchise.

Whoa whoa HOLD THE **** UP.....Do you see who you are responding to???? DO NOT put that kind of label on our fanbase because of one poster :facepalm: By this logic the Bulls, Knicks, Lakers, Celtics, Nets, and many other teams on this forum would have to fall into your generalization.

THE MTL
12-15-2011, 10:44 PM
I love how the NBA General forum is ruled by NYC, Miami, Chicago, and for some reason Pacers (lol)

Mr Costanza
12-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Whoa whoa HOLD THE **** UP.....Do you see who you are responding to???? DO NOT put that kind of label on our fanbase because of one poster :facepalm: By this logic the Bulls, Knicks, Lakers, Celtics, Nets, and many other teams on this forum would have to fall into your generalization.

Completely agree here. You cannot base your opinion of the Net fans on DoMeFavors. Each fanbase has their own black sheep and he is theirs.

Punk
12-15-2011, 11:56 PM
I have seen more than 1 poster make a moronic statement that would make you think twice about the fanbase quite honestly.

I hope my ratio to moronic to non-moronic posts is pretty good.

It's Shawne Williams guys, chill out!
Lol Your cool.

Shawne is a key piece to our bench and concept of breaking a defense but he can be replaced. I'm not too upset over the loss.

IBleedPurple
12-15-2011, 11:58 PM
2 players spurning the Knicks in a short amount of time

DoMeFavors
12-16-2011, 12:00 AM
Like I wrote earlier nobody is going to take less to play for the Knicks, they arent a contendor and have a bad track record. Maurice Evans chose Wizards. Atleast Knicks should have resigned Roger Mason. Atleast Shawne Williams realized the Nets were actually pursuing him unlike Knicks who thought other free agents like Jamal Crawford would sign with them.

29$JerZ
12-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Why do you guys do this to yourself going against someone like this?

PC
12-16-2011, 12:05 AM
Ha, only on PSD can the signing of a stud like Shawne Williams garner so much interest on the main NBA forum:rolleyes:

BallIsAll
12-16-2011, 12:17 AM
this thread had nets vs knicks written all over it.

jmoney85
12-16-2011, 12:18 AM
knick fans are soooo defensive

Punk
12-16-2011, 12:23 AM
knick fans are soooo defensive

There is a big difference to being defensive compared to a statement like "nobody wants to play for your team cuz scrub dont take paycutsz! lulz"

oak2455
12-16-2011, 12:31 AM

what guy has said the Nets?? not sources, from the guys mouth... like Melo or Cp3 or Chandler or Stat how many guys running to the Nets? as I remember just recently Nene said NO NO:eyebrow: SO :confused:

Mr Costanza
12-16-2011, 12:34 AM
what guy has said the Nets?? not sources, from the guys mouth... like Melo or Cp3 or Chandler or Stat how many guys running to the Nets? as I remember just recently Nene said NO NO:eyebrow: SO :confused:

You will get nowhere arguing with her. Just let it go and know that she is right.

BallIsAll
12-16-2011, 12:39 AM
You will get nowhere arguing with her. Just let it go and know that she is right.

is domefavors a girl? or do you just call everyone a her?

oak2455
12-16-2011, 12:40 AM

I know I shoud've read the whole thread....your right lol....what the hell was I thinking....its like trying to rationalize with a 2 year old:facepalm:

Mr Costanza
12-16-2011, 12:40 AM

Assuming by her name its a girl.

oak2455
12-16-2011, 12:41 AM

he does that all the time , its funny:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

DoMeFavors
12-16-2011, 12:41 AM

No Nets are saving cap Flex for Dwight, who will be a Net :)

oak2455
12-16-2011, 12:44 AM
No Nets are saving cap Flex for Dwight, who will be a Net :)

you better hope... otherwise you can just vanish... because if you dont get Howard say bye bye to Dwill ( going to the mavs):D

blahblahyoutoo
12-16-2011, 01:13 AM

holy ****, just looked her up.
she is fugly.

blahblahyoutoo
12-16-2011, 01:15 AM

chandler had a better offer from GS iirc.

jmoney85
12-16-2011, 03:33 AM

stat would have been a net if they offered him the same contract.... he publicly has said that multiple times

orlandolewis
12-16-2011, 03:49 AM
THE DECISION 2011 : Shawne Chooses Nets Over Knicks !!!!! OMG!!!

VinceCarter
12-16-2011, 03:56 AM
Assuming by her name its a girl.

I never looked at the name as sexual. I looked at it as a joke like "you do me favors?"