PDA

View Full Version : MJ conspiracy theory

majmarcus
12-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Saw immediately upon Kobe's entrance into the NBA. That if given the opportunity, he(Kobe)would be a direct threat to the number of championships he's won. Now before you guys start running to the stat sheet comparing numbers, who he played with/didnt play with etc...

Let me bring to your attention the bottom line. Which is NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS WON,PERIOD!!! It doesnt matter when its all said & done how the player got there. The question that will be asked is, where they able to get it done? Thats it...

Now, when everyone was wowed by an extraordinary young talent in Kobe Bryant including your beloved & flawless MICHEAL JORDAN. Noone invisioned him(Kobe)even coming close to rivaling MJ during his career. Noone except Kobe atleast. So when MJ was sharing his knowledge of the game...

with Kobe before KB had even come close to winning a ring. I would bet Good ol Jordan didnt think 5 being on the cusp of 6 rings would be within Kobe's reach. Therefore, a legitimate threat to his success. Bryant has already appeared in more finals than Jordan.

But throughout Kobe's career. He, even by his own teammates, was the target of pure jealousy. It was the case, as its the case now and like it or not, Jordan is guilty of the same exact thing.

I dont care what anyone says. But his role in CP3 not coming to the Lakers points directly to that. The political spin they're attempting to put on it is rubbish & you know it. Because the other owners along with Jordan isnt saying the ugly ol truth. Which is:

WE WANT KOBE TO GO AWAY! HE ALREADY HAS 5 RINGS ON 7 NBA FINALS APPEARANCES. COULD VERY WELL GET ATLEAST 6(WITH A MOVE OR 2). HE'S BEEN IN THE LEAGUE FOR 16YRS & CAN POSSIBLY HAVE A NEAR 20YR CAREER OF HIGH LEVEL CONTRIBUTION. THEREFORE ALWAYS BEING IN THE COMPANY OF THE ELITE & CHALLENGING FOR THE O'BRIEN TROPHY. COLLUSION IS THE NEXT ORDER OF BUSINESS TO STOP THE LAKERS FROM WINNING BECAUSE WE CANT ALLOW HIM TO OUT RING JORDAN & ANY FURTHER AHEAD OF LEBRON,ETC....TRUTH IS, WE'RE FLAT OUT JEALOUS OF THE LAKERS/THE BUSS FAMILY(MINUS JIM)&KOBE!!!!

_Supreme_
12-15-2011, 09:35 AM
So basically what you are saying:

Kobe Bryant needed a hell of a lot more help and trade shenanigans to almost achieve what Michael Jordan achieved with less help, and that is the reason barely anyone other than Kobe Bryant disciples consider him even close to his Airness.

majmarcus
12-15-2011, 09:40 AM
I am not saying that at all sir. But that seems to be what youre saying & Im ok with that.

jackiemoon33
12-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Kobe no matter the rings will always be <<<< MJ.

only way he can overtake him is if kobe had like a 40pt, 10 rebounds, 10 assist season.

Cal827
12-15-2011, 09:42 AM

only way he can overtake him is if kobe had like a 40pt, 10 rebounds, 10 assist season.

Sounds like somebody has been editing attributes in NBA 2K :D

On a side note, I could have sworn we had a similar thread addressing the same thing. What happened to it? Get deleted b/c people started fighting about which ginger player was better?

jackiemoon33
12-15-2011, 09:48 AM

Sounds like somebody has been editing attributes in NBA 2K :D

On a side note, I could have sworn we had a similar thread addressing the same thing. What happened to it? Get deleted b/c people started fighting about which ginger player was better?

That's what Kobe will need! haha

_Supreme_
12-15-2011, 09:53 AM
I am not saying that at all sir. But that seems to be what youre saying & Im ok with that.

Alright, well cool then :cheers: :D

quade36
12-15-2011, 09:53 AM
I don't understand this thread. Is the person who started mad about the whole deal falling through? Is he blaming the kobe image but at the same time praising it?

miller74
12-15-2011, 10:10 AM

Exactly you wouldnt say Robert Horry was better than Karl Malone

majmarcus
12-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Are you mentally ******** ?

Smh & lol...yes, I am.

pacofunk64
12-15-2011, 10:40 AM
IT DOESN'T MATTER...the fans will never let Kobe be better than MJ. Not that they are wrong but you can never be better than the master.

RLundi
12-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Are you mentally ******** ?

Are you?

Either contribute to the discussion or kindly shut up.

I doubt MJ's decisions have anything to do squarely with Kobe being on his level or someday overtaking him in championships, but to be honest, from what I hear, Jordan is one of the pettiest players of all-time, so it wouldn't surprise me.

homestarunner93
12-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Kobe will never be as great as Michael. Ever.

Cub_StuckinSTL
12-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Mj was flawless? On the court yeah off? Hell no

Audubon
12-15-2011, 11:14 AM
The Hornets are owned by the league and they are in the process of trying to find a new owner for them. In saying so, the Clippers deal is a hell of a lot better than what the Lakers were offering them. Hornets remain young with this new deal and attractive to a prospective buyer. This was the right move by the NBA & the other owners who might of given their 2 cents on the matter. The NBA is not "out" to get the Lakers.

MassoDio
12-15-2011, 11:20 AM
For one, Kobe will never be as good as MJ. It doesn't matter how many championships he wins. He just isn't as good. Period.

Second, Michael doesn't even have the most championships of any player, so I doubt he really looks at that as a barometer for his vs. Kobe's greatness.

Third, and most importantly...Michael didn't have anything to do with the deal being nixed. He never contacted Stern to make his feeling felt. It says as much in this article:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7354177/charlotte-bobcats-michael-jordan-opposed-chris-paul-los-angeles-lakers-trade

The fact that Jordan was opposed to the trade only came out AFTER the trade was already denied. So all this crap about Jordan not wanting the Lakers to win because of Kobe's number of championships, and it was Jordan that convinced Stern, blah blah blah...isn't accurate. Just Laker/Kobe homers finding an excuse to justify their crying.

And on top of that....the reason Stern nixed the deal was because it was going to add 15 Million dollars to the Hornets payroll while giving them no hope for fielding a competitive team in two years from now, while still paying big dollars for mediocre players. That makes selling the team even more difficult, which is the entire end goal for Stern. The Clippers deal potentially puts them 40 million under the cap in a year. Holy crap! Business sense exhibited by the commissioner. What a conspiracy.

jewno
12-15-2011, 11:27 AM
mj never lost in the finals,mj was always the best player on his team, mj was never out performed in a playoff series. he threepeated, retired to play baseball, came out of retirement and threepeated again. he raped this league goat

Sox72
12-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Are Lakers fans so upset about this trade and insecure in general that we need to have multiple threads like this?

ShakeN'Bake
12-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Are Lakers fans so upset about this trade and insecure in general that we need to have multiple threads like this?

Yes. Not all of them though. There are some good engaging lakers fans on psd believe it or not.

icon1914
12-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Dear OP

If rings are all that matters then why are you comparing Kobe to MJ... Why not Kobe to Bill Russel? Rings matter when looking at a career... but its not the end all be all...

Jordan changed the face of the game... that makes his accomplishments that much harder to top... Kobe could win 7 titles and still have to deal with people questioning if he is better or not...

hugepatsfan
12-15-2011, 11:53 AM
So you think Bill Russel is the greatest player ever?

smiddy012
12-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Saw immediately upon Kobe's entrance into the NBA. That if given the opportunity, he(Kobe)would be a direct threat to the number of championships he's won. Now before you guys start running to the stat sheet comparing numbers, who he played with/didnt play with etc...

Let me bring to your attention the bottom line. Which is NBA CHAMPIONSHIPS WON,PERIOD!!! It doesnt matter when its all said & done how the player got there. The question that will be asked is, where they able to get it done? Thats it...

Now, when everyone was wowed by an extraordinary young talent in Kobe Bryant including your beloved & flawless MICHEAL JORDAN. Noone invisioned him(Kobe)even coming close to rivaling MJ during his career. Noone except Kobe atleast. So when MJ was sharing his knowledge of the game...

with Kobe before KB had even come close to winning a ring. I would bet Good ol Jordan didnt think 5 being on the cusp of 6 rings would be within Kobe's reach. Therefore, a legitimate threat to his success. Bryant has already appeared in more finals than Jordan.

But throughout Kobe's career. He, even by his own teammates, was the target of pure jealousy. It was the case, as its the case now and like it or not, Jordan is guilty of the same exact thing.

I dont care what anyone says. But his role in CP3 not coming to the Lakers points directly to that. The political spin they're attempting to put on it is rubbish & you know it. Because the other owners along with Jordan isnt saying the ugly ol truth. Which is:

WE WANT KOBE TO GO AWAY! HE ALREADY HAS 5 RINGS ON 7 NBA FINALS APPEARANCES. COULD VERY WELL GET ATLEAST 6(WITH A MOVE OR 2). HE'S BEEN IN THE LEAGUE FOR 16YRS & CAN POSSIBLY HAVE A NEAR 20YR CAREER OF HIGH LEVEL CONTRIBUTION. THEREFORE ALWAYS BEING IN THE COMPANY OF THE ELITE & CHALLENGING FOR THE O'BRIEN TROPHY. COLLUSION IS THE NEXT ORDER OF BUSINESS TO STOP THE LAKERS FROM WINNING BECAUSE WE CANT ALLOW HIM TO OUT RING JORDAN & ANY FURTHER AHEAD OF LEBRON,ETC....TRUTH IS, WE'RE FLAT OUT JEALOUS OF THE LAKERS/THE BUSS FAMILY(MINUS JIM)&KOBE!!!!

lol MJs 24-0 with hca in the playoffs - he'll be the GOAT forever, get over it kid.

Is it just me or is every other Laker fan high off his @$$ when he posts here?

RaiderLakersA's
12-15-2011, 12:13 PM
mj never lost in the finals,mj was always the best player on his team, mj was never out performed in a playoff series. he threepeated, retired to play baseball, came out of retirement and threepeated again. he raped this league goat

"...retired, saw Pippen almost take that Bulls to the Finals without him, started to worry that the TEAM was a hell of a lot better than people gave them credit, which would ultimately impact his legacy, came out of retirement and threepeated again."

The unabashed truth. Only the right confluence of talent gets to hold the O'Brien at the end of the season. It's not now nor ever has been a one man deal.

Many of you people (most of whom are probably too young to have actually watched him play) need corrective lenses and a kool aid ban. Jordan was great, but the TEAM won championships, not Jordan.

That's the way it's been, that's the way it will always be.

keymax
12-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Kobe Bryant can't hit a curveball. Fact.

Post No Billz
12-15-2011, 12:18 PM
So basically what you are saying:

Kobe Bryant needed a hell of a lot more help and trade shenanigans to almost achieve what Michael Jordan achieved with less help, and that is the reason barely anyone other than Kobe Bryant disciples consider him even close to his Airness.

Can I Make this my signature? I have been a lifelong Knicks fan and hated Jordan during the 90's but nothing is more accurate than this.

sharqstealth
12-15-2011, 12:19 PM
"Bitterness" running through the veins of the one who made this thread...

kpjets
12-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Most people over 40 won't even put kobe on top 5.

ink
12-15-2011, 01:03 PM
This isn't really threadworthy, especially with all the insults going both ways.