PDA

View Full Version : Odds the twolves pick will be no.1

Odominator
12-15-2011, 03:09 AM
What do you guys think of the odds that the draft pick sent to the Hornets from the Clippers (Minnesota 1st round) will end up being the overall number 1 pick in the Lottery?

With all the issues regarding conflict of interests and overstepping boundaries, I feel like the likeliness is substantially high.

Thoughts?

Odominator
12-15-2011, 03:10 AM
Also considering that the CAVs got two top 5 lottery picks (through trades) in the previous draft class immediately following Lebron's departure.

If the pick does turn out to be no. 1, it will be hard for me to argue against the corruption that is the NBA...

heyman321
12-15-2011, 03:12 AM
I not only guarantee the Hornets will get the #1 pick, but that Scalabrine will average 4 points this year.

cdnsportsfan
12-15-2011, 03:14 AM
100%, the draft has been rigged for years and clearly Stern is not competent enough following his blunders this past week to make it look like it isn't

gwrighter
12-15-2011, 03:23 AM
If minny is a late lottery team then I doubt it.

LTBaByyy
12-15-2011, 03:31 AM
Hornets will get the #1 and #4 pick

Free Agent
Gordon
Aminu
Sullinger
Drummond

Guarantee it!!! Best future ever that Stern was talking about

Wade>You
12-15-2011, 03:36 AM
Extremely well, you know how David Stern does.

Better-Than-You
12-15-2011, 03:52 AM
What do you guys think of the odds that the draft pick sent to the Hornets from the Clippers (Minnesota 1st round) will end up being the overall number 1 pick in the Lottery?

With all the issues regarding conflict of interests and overstepping boundaries, I feel like the likeliness is substantially high.

Thoughts?

I know Stern will rigged that pick and make it 1st just so make his "deal" 1000x better than the deal he rejected from the Lakers.

itsripcity32
12-15-2011, 03:56 AM

they get the number 2 pick 100%.

Cal827
12-15-2011, 03:56 AM
Extremely well, you know how David Stern does.

This. The Wolves will be the last team to be eliminated in the regular season, yet through the "miracles" of the lottery, they'll end up going up to 1st. Then, as I said before, Stern will look at Kahn and say "you mad"?

There is no doubt that this is gonna happen lol

Raph12
12-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Rubio-WesJohnson-DerrickWilliams-Love-Millicic with Beasley off of the bench?... Doubt it's #1... Maybe top 5-10.

bholly
12-15-2011, 04:02 AM
100%, the draft has been rigged for years and clearly Stern is not competent enough following his blunders this past week to make it look like it isn't

I know Stern will rigged that pick and make it 1st just so make his "deal" 1000x better than the deal he rejected from the Lakers.

If Minny don't get the #1 you guys are just going to say 'ohhhh, that Stern, he's clever, he knew the #1 would be too obvious!' or are you going to take it as evidence that it might not be rigged?

whitesoxfan83
12-15-2011, 04:04 AM
100% 1st or 2nd.

David Stern always makes it happen, just like Vince McMahon.

Better-Than-You
12-15-2011, 04:07 AM
If Minny don't get the #1 you guys are just going to say 'ohhhh, that Stern, he's clever, he knew the #1 would be too obvious!' or are you going to take it as evidence that it might not be rigged?

I will admit that league is not rigged. Think about it, if the Clippers didn't trade Baron to Cleveland, do you really think the Clippers gotten the first overall pick last draft?

The_Jamal
12-15-2011, 04:17 AM
Doesn't matter, having multiple lotto picks in this draft will get you 2 pretty damn solid impact players. Those 2 picks+Godon+Aminu+lots of cap space is a great start to a rebuild for the Hornets

AsiandudePH
12-15-2011, 04:17 AM
I hope all these talk about Minnesota being a bottom dweller again fuels them up and be in the middle of the pack, at least.

I think they have the talent to do it, anyway. With the right coach, who knows?

CrazyCrackar
12-15-2011, 04:18 AM
This is why the lottery system is bad, people will always question its credibility, whether its legit or not.

John Walls Era
12-15-2011, 04:19 AM
Lets give some credit to Stern. Hes a sly one, I'm sure hes going to be doing his homework and predraft work (mocks and such). And give the Hornets the 4th pick or something so that they can get Harrison Barnes (A premier SF in the future).

But seriously, we will never know if Stern is rigging it.

shep33
12-15-2011, 04:22 AM
Think about this for a second. The Clips essentially could've given up EG, Kaman, Aminu, and one of Harrison Barnes, Austin Rivers, Jeremy Lamb, Davis, Drummond, Sulinger, and a few more guys in the top draft in years.

sunnydayin'zona
12-15-2011, 04:30 AM
still dont know how you can think the lakers-paul trade was a conspiracy...this trade got the hornets so much more than the crap that the lakers trade would have sent them.

Lake_Show2416
12-15-2011, 04:32 AM
100% chance

Better-Than-You
12-15-2011, 04:33 AM
The Clippers gave up a LOT, I would have demanded CP3 to sign an extension before I would pull the trigger and I would be reluctant to even if it means 5+ years of CP3. Gordon is basically a 20/5/5 guy, Kaman's expiring is a commodity especially with the new CBA that taxes 4:1 compared to the old cba's 1:1, Stern will probably rigged that pick to 1st overall and Aminu is meh...

John Walls Era
12-15-2011, 04:37 AM
The Clippers gave up a LOT, I would have demanded CP3 to sign an extension before I would pull the trigger and I would be reluctant to even if it means 5+ years of CP3. Gordon is basically a 20/5/5 guy, Kaman's expiring is a commodity especially with the new CBA that taxes 4:1 compared to the old cba's 1:1, Stern will probably rigged that pick to 1st overall and Aminu is meh...

Stern really doesn't even need to rig it that bad. A top 5 pick is arguably going to net that team a franchise player (exaggeration, but a very talented prospect).

alencp3
12-15-2011, 04:38 AM
rubio-wesjohnson-derrickwilliams-love-millicic with beasley off of the bench?... Doubt it's #1... Maybe top 5-10.

+1

Better-Than-You
12-15-2011, 04:42 AM
Stern really doesn't even need to rig it that bad. A top 5 pick is arguably going to net that team a franchise player (exaggeration, but a very talented prospect).

I honestly believe he will rigged it so he can justify his veto and show all the people who bashed him. That the trade he orchestrated is 1000x better than the trade the Lakers offered.

bholly
12-15-2011, 05:13 AM
I will admit that league is not rigged. Think about it, if the Clippers didn't trade Baron to Cleveland, do you really think the Clippers gotten the first overall pick last draft?

What do you mean 'think about it'? They have a lottery with clearly defined odds. Wherever the Clippers finished, they would have had those odds. I don't think it has anything to do with Baron. If the Clippers are 8th their pick has the exact same odds of being #1 whether they hold the pick or Cleveland hold the pick.

Cleveland got lucky. They didn't get helped.

loublue22
12-15-2011, 05:24 AM
Why is everyone so sure Gordon will resign?

AP=MVP
12-15-2011, 05:50 AM
It will be 30th of course:cheers::nod::win:

:shrug:

jackiemoon33
12-15-2011, 06:18 AM
3-7 imo, minnesota upgrades are substantial this year and itt will show.

The_Jamal
12-15-2011, 06:26 AM
Why is everyone so sure Gordon will resign?

I imagine the Hornets will throw franchise player money at him.

bholly
12-15-2011, 06:51 AM
and he's restricted

thenaj17
12-15-2011, 07:11 AM
They should show an improvement this year, with a couple of Rookies coming in. I quite like the Timberwolves as i'm a Vikings fan in NFL. Quite hope they do well. Wes Johnson certainly needs to make a step forward as does Beasley if they are to make playoffs. I predict they will finish 9/10th in West so the pick won't be that good.

thenaj17
12-15-2011, 07:12 AM
Edit* I actually think the Hornets own pick will be higher than T'Wolves pick

Kyben36
12-15-2011, 07:19 AM
I throwing the number 4 out there, with them at #13. I think this team has tallent and can do well.

S-Dot
12-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Hornets will get the #1 and #4 pick

Free Agent
Gordon
Aminu
Sullinger
Drummond

Guarantee it!!! Best future ever that Stern was talking about

I won't say 1 and 4 b/c that's what Cleveland got last year, but something close to this. I really am hoping the T-Wolves and Hornets overachieve this year. I wish the best for New Orleans, but other teams' fans need those "feel good" stories too...and alot less obvious corruption as previous drafts.

RLundi
12-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Anything can happen in the lottery but I think Minnesota will be much improved this year. I'm excited to see how Wesley and Love co-exist with Adelman and Rubio.

S-Dot
12-15-2011, 11:15 AM
Anything can happen in the lottery but I think Minnesota will be much improved this year. I'm excited to see how Wesley and Love co-exist with Adelman and Rubio.

They also have to get Derrick Williams and Mike Beasley on board too. Its just alot going on with that team. Hopefully Adelman can pull the same magic he did with that Houston roster he had the past couple of seasons.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-15-2011, 11:17 AM
Why is everyone so sure Stern rigs the draft?

When the lottery is actually being determined in the back, there is a team representative in the room when the lottery ping pong balls are being picked.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2011, 11:17 AM
It will be a #1 guaranteed. The Wolves have NEVER moved up in draft position, and Stern hates them. He will make sure that it just so happens to be a #1 when they are forced to give it away, even if they finish with the 13th worst record.

S-Dot
12-15-2011, 11:28 AM

When the lottery is actually being determined in the back, there is a team representative in the room when the lottery ping pong balls are being picked.

As much as true NBA fans don't want to believe, the signs point to it. Look at how the drafts have been in the last 10 years.

2002- Houston- Hakeem era is over. They have a good player in Steve Francis. Lets give them Yao Ming.

2003- No way LeBron was going to Denver or Memphis

2004- Shaq era is long gone. Tracy's tenure with the team is done. Give them Dwight Howard.

2005- Bogut/Marvin Williams predicted to go first. Let Milwaukee have it.

2006- No truly elite prospects (no one knew Aldridge or Roy would turn out that good)...give it to Toronto.

2007- Portland has a great fan base; the NBA likes when that team is good. Plus Seattle is losing their team, bringing their fans to Portland. Give them Greg Oden and since the NBA needs a great player for this new team being sent to OKC, let them have Kevin Durant.

2008- Bulls almost made the playoffs, land Derrick Rose...hometown guy.

2009- Not mad with the CLips getting that one.

2010- Abe Pollin dies. Wizards lose Gilbert to gun charges. The team trades Caron and Jamison to contenders for nothing. Team in total dismay...give them John Wall.

2011- We all know that this was based on LeBron's "Decision"

DLeeicious
12-15-2011, 11:30 AM
I love watching the Wolves, if I were forced to trade the entire Bulls team for another entire team I think the Wolves would be top 5 or so on my list based on likeability of players, youth and talent.

I don't think they will get #1 but should be top 7

abe_froman
12-15-2011, 11:31 AM
i'd put it in the 99% range

Muttman73
12-15-2011, 11:32 AM
It's gonna happen

Raps18-19 Champ
12-15-2011, 11:34 AM
As much as true NBA fans don't want to believe, the signs point to it. Look at how the drafts have been in the last 10 years.

2002- Houston- Hakeem era is over. They have a good player in Steve Francis. Lets give them Yao Ming.

2004- Shaq era is long gone. Tracy's tenure with the team is done. Give them Dwight Howard.

2006- No truly elite prospects (no one knew Aldridge or Roy would turn out that good)...give it to Toronto.

2007- Portland has a great fan base; the NBA likes when that team is good. Plus Seattle is losing their team, bringing their fans to Portland. Give them Greg Oden and since the NBA needs a great player for this new team being sent to OKC, let them have Kevin Durant.

2010- Abe Pollin dies. Wizards lose Gilbert to gun charges. The team trades Caron and Jamison to contenders for nothing. Team in total dismay...give them John Wall.

:sigh:

Half of those excuses aren't really logical. Anyone could say "Magic got them because TMac left"

I can guarantee I can make some half *** excuses from 1985-2001 draft just to please people who doubt.

Am I suppose to believe that Stern, not even in the room, rigs it in front of 12 team representatives?

S-Dot
12-15-2011, 11:39 AM
:sigh:

Half of those excuses aren't really logical. Anyone could say "Magic got them because TMac left"

I can guarantee I can make some half *** excuses from 1985-2001 draft just to please people who doubt.

Am I suppose to believe that Stern, not even in the room, rigs it in front of 12 team representatives?

I really don't think its a coincidence bro. As much as we love the sport, the NBA is a business. Every draft is a business decision.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-15-2011, 11:42 AM
I really don't think its a coincidence bro. As much as we love the sport, the NBA is a business. Every draft is a business decision.

Unless the whole league is in this, I really doubt it's rigged.

How do you get away from 30 teams about this? If a team found out it's rigged, it can cause some legal issues.

nolafan33
12-15-2011, 11:57 AM
Unless something changes that pick will definitely be top 4.

Rubio will struggle immensely to begin his career, maybe to the point where he doesn't really get any minutes.

Wesley Johnson really isn't anything special right now. He's playing out of position and is a fringe starter at best.

Beasley leaves a whole lot to be desired.

Kevin Love is the man.

Milicic? Come on man.

Abel Ye
12-15-2011, 11:57 AM
I really can't see the Twolves pick go number one in the draft considering the fact that they have improved their roster since last year. If I were too make a prediction though I see the pick falling to us at number 4.

Corey
12-15-2011, 11:59 AM
I dont believe the draft is rigged, but you never know.

After this offseason, and viewing all the dirty tactics and mudslinging done by Stern and the league...I really wouldn't put anything past them.

corky831
12-15-2011, 12:08 PM
idk, but i hope the clippers get the 11th pick in the draft....:)

C-Dub
12-15-2011, 12:20 PM
i actually kinda think the twolves will be kinda good this season *shrug*

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Hornets are gonna have a nice young core in a couple years. I applaud the GM for trading Chris Paul early and getting something, unlike the Cavs and what i fear the Magic will do as well.

This is an extremely strong class and getting 2 picks in the top 10 is gonna be huge. This is gonna be a fast rebuilding process.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-15-2011, 12:27 PM
I dont believe the draft is rigged, but you never know.

After this offseason, and viewing all the dirty tactics and mudslinging done by Stern and the league...I really wouldn't put anything past them.

Yea were gonna see if the draft is really rigged or not this year lol. It would be a little to obvious if NOH gets 1 and 2 lol.

Gats4eva
12-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Well since he(stern) "hate" the wolves and he owns the hornets, I have no doubt it will happen. The only person he's fooling with this dumb ***** nba lottery is his stupid mother. This is just a scam for him to give whatever team whichever pick in the draft he pleases

phlp_bj
12-15-2011, 12:34 PM
http://www.mynbadraft.com/2012-NBA-Mock-Draft

PurpleJesus
12-15-2011, 12:48 PM
considering the wolves have never gotten the #1 pick, and this year they dont own their pick, the irony of their pick being #1 would be ridiculous, and it will happen...100% chance...I think the Wolves will end up with about the 10'th worst record in the league, but they still have a 100% chance of their pick being #1, simply because they do not own it.

king4day
12-15-2011, 12:50 PM
Slim. This Wolves team is very talented. I have them as a fringe playoff team.

BALLER R
12-15-2011, 12:53 PM
If NO gets the #1 pick this year(from minny) I dont think anyone can argue that the NBA is not rigged

RCarlson85
12-15-2011, 12:59 PM
If we're talking about the Wolves having the worst record and therefore the greatest chance at #1, then I say no. I think there will be worse teams, like the Cavs. I don't trust the stupid lottery system though, so you never know. It wouldn't be surprising to see the Hornets end up with the #1 magically even if the Wolves didn't finish with the worst record and best chance at #1.

Sly Guy
12-15-2011, 01:19 PM
Extremely well, you know how David Stern does.your sig with the ancient aliens guy is hilarious.....dude is such a pothead.

CrookieMonster
12-15-2011, 01:53 PM
Just curious as a non NBA fan, why is this pick so important?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Just curious as a non NBA fan, why is this pick so important?

Deep draft with a lot of superstar talent and the pick could be potential top 5 pick.

CrookieMonster
12-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Deep draft with a lot of superstar talent and the pick could be potential top 5 pick.

Sorry for asking, but the wolves have a good chance at a high pick, or their pick is heading to someone else?

Chronz
12-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Yea were gonna see if the draft is really rigged or not this year lol. It would be a little to obvious if NOH gets 1 and 2 lol.
Not if they have the worst record.

John Walls Era
12-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Sorry for asking, but the wolves have a good chance at a high pick, or their pick is heading to someone else?

Both. Though I think the Wolves may actually start winning because they hired a very good coach. Still a "lottery team" (10-16 range), so still can be rigged.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-15-2011, 02:35 PM

Their pick was traded to another team and that team traded it for a superstar.

So we are guessing whether the pick pays off or not.

FLWolvesFan
12-15-2011, 02:40 PM
The Wolves will either get the first or second pick, the Hornets will get the other pick (1st or 2nd).

CeeDub15
12-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Unless something changes that pick will definitely be top 4.

Rubio will struggle immensely to begin his career, maybe to the point where he doesn't really get any minutes.

Wesley Johnson really isn't anything special right now. He's playing out of position and is a fringe starter at best.

Beasley leaves a whole lot to be desired.

Kevin Love is the man.

Milicic? Come on man.

lol dude, i should be saying "Come on man" to you. You pretty much just say the worst things that could happen. Rubio has been playing professionally for how long? I'm not saying he won't struggle sometimes, but your crazy if you think he will struggle immensely even enough to not get any minutes at all.

Wes Johnson had a rough year last year, but with Coach Adelman coming in, he will get everything out of his players, and if the guys dont listen to what he says, he will bring in someone else that will. That goes for Beasley as well, Beasley did struggle with efficiency last year, but a big part of that had to do with how Rambis used him. He was big for us last year, when we didnt have him, we didnt have that scorer that we needed, we didnt have that guy that can create for himself, he also had a couple game winners for us.

As for Milicic, we didnt draft him over elite players, he was solid for us last year. He is a guy that is solid defensively, and thats what we need at C next to kevin love. We don't need a C that will score 20+, we have Wes, Beas, K-Love, and Derrick Williams that can score.

Also, Adelman has said that he plans on using K-Love at C with Derrick next to him against non-dominant Center teams, we will be fine. We lost 1/3 of our games in the 4th quarter last year due to inexperience and lack of coaching, with Adelman here, we definitely wont be blowing that many games.

HouRealCoach
12-15-2011, 02:46 PM

Smh

FLWolvesFan
12-15-2011, 02:47 PM
It won't be a playing the odds scenario. The Wolves won't be awarded the first or second pick because of their record but rather by rigging of the lottery...

thunderforce
12-15-2011, 03:10 PM
The other lottery gm's should all through Stern a curve ball and all go out and get homeless guys that are dying of some disease to represent their teams at the lottery .

tbone2171
12-15-2011, 03:15 PM
It'll be the 30th pick :)

WSU Tony
12-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Considering the Wolves refused to spend money in FA this year - it'll be a top 5 pick. I don't understand why the Wolves won't "play to win" right now.... They don't even get to keep their draft pick, why the hell wouldn't you try to make some moves and get better?

Frusterating.

goose14741
12-15-2011, 03:24 PM
they just signed bonzi wells....

100%