PDA

View Full Version : Top starting five in the league now?

Pages : [1] 2

NYSpirit1
12-15-2011, 01:04 AM
Heat
C Joel Anthony
PF Chris Bosh
SF LeBron James
SG Dwayne Wade
PG Mario Chalmers

Knicks
C Tyson Chandler
PF Amare Stoudemire
SF Carmelo Anthony
SG Landry Fields
PG Toney Douglas

Lakers
C Andrew Bynum
PF Pau Gasol
SF Ron Artest
SG Kobe Bryant
PG Derek Fisher

Mavs
C Brendan Haywood
PF Dirk Nowitzki
SF Lamar Odom
SG Jason Terry
PG Jason Kidd

Celtics
C Jermaine O'Neal
PF Kevin Garnett
SF Paul Pierce
SG Ray Allen
PG Rajon Rondo

Thunder
C Kendrick Perkins
PF Serge Ibaka
SF Kevin Durant
SG James Harden
PG Russell Westbrook

Clippers
C DeAndre Jordan
PF Blake Griffin
SF Caron Butler
SG Chauncey Billups
PG Chris Paul

Bulls
C Joakim Noah
PF Carlos Boozer
SF Luol Deng
SG Richard Hamilton
PG Derrick Rose

Let's just say it's the Knicks.

asandhu23
12-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Chauncey at SG? lol

Hawkeye15
12-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Heat. Easily.

Raph12
12-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Definitely not the Knicks...

AntiG
12-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Heat or Celtics. Problem for both teams is neither have any serious depth.

bulls_world23
12-15-2011, 01:08 AM
Bulls.

We just have a Complete team
And we have the coach of the year

29$JerZ
12-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Bulls
Heat
Thunder

bovice163
12-15-2011, 01:12 AM
The Heat have the most talent, but that's only in 3 players. I'd say top to bottom, it's the Thunder first, with the Bulls with a close second. Then I'd say the Mavs and Celtics, but Boston will drop off soon.

Sadds The Gr8

this.

Chill_Will_24
Heat and its not close

jackiemoon33
thunder then heat.

tredigs
12-15-2011, 01:14 AM
Still gotta go Heat. And with Battier now on their team (who will be top 5 in minutes and part of their crunch-time 5 in most scenarios), that team is so, so much better. He's a calming force on the floor who can hugely help them stretch the perimeter and take defensive pressure off Lebron, while also adding some actual intelligence/rationality to the locker room.

Heat will win the title this year barring injury I believe. And I think it will be over the 2nd best starting 5 over in OKC.

29$JerZ
12-15-2011, 01:14 AM
I really don't see how it's the Heat

1-5 Chicago pretty much has its ECF team in tact but replace Keith Bogans win RIP

Heat still have a finals team but easily I would disagree with.

seikou8
12-15-2011, 01:17 AM
this.

:yawn:

Dodgers99
12-15-2011, 01:17 AM
Had to go with the Heat, but it's very close. I was very tempted to go with Chicago or OKC.

naps
12-15-2011, 01:18 AM
Heat. Easily. Not even close. OKC and Bulls follow.

ball4reel
12-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Bulls have the best starting 5, But the heat have the most talent...

murphturph
12-15-2011, 01:19 AM
It aint about the starting 5

itsripcity32
12-15-2011, 01:20 AM
Definitely not the Knicks.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
12-15-2011, 01:20 AM
i said mavs cuz they stacked...bbuutt i like the bulls and knicks starting pg will most likly be bibby...knicks are decent aswell and even the clipps.

asandhu23
12-15-2011, 01:25 AM
Warriors

C: Ekpe Udoh
PF: David Lee
SF: Dorell Wright
SG: Monta Ellis
PG: Steph Curry

6th Man: Klay Thompson

MJ-BULLS
12-15-2011, 01:26 AM
Bulls
Heat
Thunder

this.

ThuglifeJ
12-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Well if were playing the billups at SG game..im going heat with

Wade
Battier
Lebron
Bosh
Haslem

Or Bulls as is

or mavs
Kidd
Carter
Marion
Odom
Dirk

But really its heat either way. And btw ITS METTA WORLD PEACE llol

NoahH
12-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Timberwolves

NoahH
12-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Warriors

C: Ekpe Udoh
PF: David Lee
SF: Dorell Wright
SG: Monta Ellis
PG: Steph Curry

6th Man: Klay Thompson

This

seikou8
12-15-2011, 01:38 AM
Definitely not the Knicks.

omg damn did anybody say the knicks damn toping the beef

asandhu23
12-15-2011, 01:39 AM
This

Our bench however........ :pity:

natelpete
12-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Heat
Celtics
Thunder

Sportfan
12-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Heat, thunder is most complete

BranWingss
12-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Question for Knick fans. Will Carmelo be sort of like LBJ, etc? Will he carry the ball, and Douglas basically spread the floor with his shots?

I've got the Heat.

Oh, and Jason Terry will most likely be coming off the bench again. Vince will most likely start.

seikou8
12-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Question for Knick fans. Will Carmelo be sort of like LBJ, etc? Will he carry the ball, and Douglas basically spread the floor with his shots?

I've got the Heat.

Oh, and Jason Terry will most likely be coming off the bench again. Vince will most likely start.

melo and amare will score and toney bibby will space the floor being our shooters when one get doubled kick out to a shooter. carmelo is kinda of a ball stopper

BrandoCommando
12-15-2011, 01:54 AM
heat easily

rickshaw
12-15-2011, 01:54 AM
omg damn did anybody say the knicks damn toping the beef

the OP?

meloman1592
12-15-2011, 01:56 AM
I think the Heat have the most explosive star power followed by the Knicks and thunder. But top to bottom it's chicago. Their legit at the 1-5

Bulls_fan90
12-15-2011, 01:56 AM
1. Bulls
2. Thunder

I am Smart
12-15-2011, 01:57 AM
Well, the team with the best starting FIVE players overall, it's gotta be the Bulls. But if there's several teams like the Heat that have 2 or 3 star players while the Bulls really only have 1.

thedfactor
12-15-2011, 02:03 AM
Mavericks definitely starting Vince, by now people should know JET Terry comes off the bench

Clippersfan86
12-15-2011, 02:04 AM
1. Bulls
2. Clippers
3. Thunder

LOL at people saying Heat or Lakers :facepalm:. They have massive holes compared to these other teams at two positions. Heat are weak at center and PG. Lakers weak as hell at PG and SF. Bulls are easily the most complete and the Clippers follow.

NYYCowboys
12-15-2011, 02:04 AM
Knicks have the best front court in the NBA IMO but their guards stink. Hopefully Baron Davis can come here and be halfway decent. But with that being said I like the Mavs starting 5 because they have a quality player at every position. But the Heat are obviously the best team.

NYYCowboys
12-15-2011, 02:05 AM
1. Bulls
2. Clippers
3. Thunder

LOL at people saying Heat or Lakers :facepalm:. They have massive holes compared to these other teams at two positions. Heat are weak at center and PG. Lakers weak as hell at PG and SF. Bulls are easily the most complete and the Clippers follow.

LOL good luck with Chauncey Billups guarding opposing 2 guards...

thedfactor
12-15-2011, 02:06 AM
Clippers need a true SG then they would have one of the top 3 best starting cores. Don't think they can go after Aaron Afflalo but he'd fit in there nicely

AntiG
12-15-2011, 02:07 AM
Well, the team with the best starting FIVE players overall, it's gotta be the Bulls. But if there's several teams like the Heat that have 2 or 3 star players while the Bulls really only have 1.

That makes no sense at all.

Bulls_fan90
12-15-2011, 02:08 AM
1. Bulls
2. Clippers
3. Thunder

Forgot about the Clippers. They are looking ****ing nice.

Clippersfan86
12-15-2011, 02:11 AM
LOL good luck with Chauncey Billups guarding opposing 2 guards...

How many elite SG's are in the game? Declining Kobe? Aging Wade? How many guards do you honestly think are going to burn Chauncey dude? He's a physical and underrated defender. Sure he's a bit slow.. but besides Kobe, Wade, Gordon and Monta Ellis.. I don't see anybody giving him problems. Kevin Martin isn't going to overpower him or isn't incredibly quick. Roy retired. Manu isn't nearly as quick as he used to be.

Also for defensive purposes since there are more SF duds in the league we can switch Caron onto elite wings like Kobe and let Billups guard 3's. Won't be a problem unless you put him on Durant, Melo or Lebron.

DaBear
12-15-2011, 02:12 AM
I love how people say "Heat and not close." You guys realize they have **** at PG and C, right?

If I read the title correctly, it said "Top starting five in the league now?"

naps
12-15-2011, 02:15 AM
1. Bulls
2. Clippers
3. Thunder

Clippers? Damn, that's what scared me. Now people like you are going to start the Clippers. Who's Clippers SG? SF? I am sure Clippers are going to make the playoffs but you are making it sound like they are a top contender. Please, wait till a couple of weeks into the season before getting your hopes up.

NYYCowboys
12-15-2011, 02:15 AM
How many elite SG's are in the game? Declining Kobe? Aging Wade? How many guards do you honestly think are going to burn Chauncey dude? He's a physical and underrated defender. Sure he's a bit slow.. but besides Kobe, Wade, Gordon and Monta Ellis.. I don't see anybody giving him problems. Kevin Martin isn't going to overpower him or isn't incredibly quick. Roy retired. Manu isn't nearly as quick as he used to be.

Also for defensive purposes since there are more SF duds in the league we can switch Caron onto elite wings like Kobe and let Billups guard 3's. Won't be a problem unless you put him on Durant, Melo or Lebron.

Having seen him play while in NY I'll tell you right now that he's not a very good defender. The one thing he's got going for him is he's strong for his size, but he's very slow laterally, and so last year he mostly guarded 2 guards with the Knicks. Problem with that is they shoot over him all the time. There is no way in hell he can guard a 3 unless it's like Rasual Butler. They would easily overpower him and shoot over him.

Clippersfan86
12-15-2011, 02:23 AM
Clippers? Damn, that's what scared me. Now people like you are going to start the Clippers. Who's Clippers SG? SF? I am sure Clippers are going to make the playoffs but you are making it sound like they are a top contender. Please, wait till a couple of weeks into the season before getting your hopes up.

Uh buddy.... Chauncey Billups/Randy Foye is still WAY more adequate than the holes the Lakers and Heat have at two positions. Not to mention Caron Butler is a very solid SF. Even in a down year he put up what 16, 4 and 3?

tredigs
12-15-2011, 02:24 AM
I love how people say "Heat and not close." You guys realize they have **** at PG and C, right?

If I read the title correctly, it said "Top starting five in the league now?"

Yeah - think of it as if it's a shortened game where there was no need to sub. Which starting five would be the toughest? I'm pretty sure that's the question here.

Kind of a silly question because that's obviously not the case, and the starting five on plenty of teams are not the top five in MPG, but whatev.

If I had to rank:

1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Bulls
4. Clippers (though this depends on Butler's health and they do need a serviceable SG BIG time. Also, their bench is not deep enough for a significant playoff run at this point. Especially with Deandre's foul issues)
5. Knicks (agreed with the Knick fan, best frontcourt - but still lack defense and just flat out don't have contending caliber playmakers).

Clippersfan86
12-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Having seen him play while in NY I'll tell you right now that he's not a very good defender. The one thing he's got going for him is he's strong for his size, but he's very slow laterally, and so last year he mostly guarded 2 guards with the Knicks. Problem with that is they shoot over him all the time. There is no way in hell he can guard a 3 unless it's like Rasual Butler. They would easily overpower him and shoot over him.

And if he's not.. we have a ton of combo guards. Our backcourt is easily the deepest in the NBA. Travis Leslie is a nasty defender. Even as a rookie reports are he's looking incredible defensively. His projection is Tony Allen.

NYYCowboys
12-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Uh buddy.... Chauncey Billups/Randy Foye is still WAY more adequate than the holes the Lakers and Heat have at two positions. Not to mention Caron Butler is a very solid SF. Even in a down year he put up what 16, 4 and 3?

Yeah and Caron Butler is coming off major knee surgery. He can be a shell of his former self for all we know... Not trying to hate on the Clippers, I actually like them a lot and will be rooting for them in the West, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and start comparing them with the Lakers and Heat because these teams have done it before. The Clippers still have a lot of question marks.

DaBear
12-15-2011, 02:27 AM
Yeah - think of it as if it's a shortened game where there was no need to sub. Which starting five would be the toughest? I'm pretty sure that's the question here.

Kind of a silly question because that's obviously not the case, and the starting five on plenty of teams are not the top five in MPG, but whatev.

If I had to rank:

1. Heat
2. Thunder
3. Bulls
4. Clippers (though this depends on Butler's health and they do need a serviceable SG BIG time. Also, their bench is not deep enough for a significant playoff run at this point. Especially with Deandre's foul issues)
5. Knicks (agreed with the Knick fan, best frontcourt - but still lack defense and just flat out don't have contending caliber playmakers).

Most talent in the starting 5 would make more sense. I interpreted as all around starting 5. The Heat don't have the best all around starting 5 because of their weaknesses at PG and C. There are teams, like the Bulls who I mentioned, that don't have weaknesses in their lineup after the signing of Rip Hamilton.

Clippersfan86
12-15-2011, 02:29 AM
Yeah and Caron Butler is coming off major knee surgery. He can be a shell of his former self for all we know... Not trying to hate on the Clippers, I actually like them a lot and will be rooting for them in the West, but let's not get ahead of ourselves and start comparing them with the Lakers and Heat because these teams have done it before. The Clippers still have a lot of question marks.

Just wondering... how did Amare do coming off of similar knee injuries? It's not hating.. it's just ignorance. You would be best suited giving the team a chance before assuming the worst and calling players a shell. Caron Butler looks GREAT in training camp.

TopsyTurvy
12-15-2011, 02:30 AM
Thunder, Heat, and then the Bulls.

The Heat could potentially have the best lineup but it largely depends on which Lebron is playing and if Dwayne Wade is on or off.

The sad thing is those rankings totally change if you account for roster depth.

ankit
12-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Okay i have to say Mavericks first people forget that they beat the Heat last year and if they were to hook up again they will beat the Heat again. Lamor Odom addition is an upgrade over Shawn Marion that being said having a bench with the Jet Shawn Marion and Vince Carter is an upgrade as well. We will just have to see Haywood performs and will The Tyson Chandler Loss be a hue dramtic effect on the.

Second it will be the Bulls, they are on the rise and they will be scary if Hamilton signs with them.

Third gotta give it to the Lakers, i mean its Kobe Bryant he makes magic happen and they will be motivated after a yeas in hich they did not get o dance in the finals to get back there again. The main question is will Fisher be able to still play poin uard and how do they uprade their bench.

Fourth gotta give it to the OKc, it just is a scary five not to mention that Kendrick Perkins lost some additional weigh and it will be his full sason at the helm at Okc. Duran, Westbrook and James Harden would only et beetter as they age. Ibaka is a pretty good shot blocker and defender.This might be worthy of being number one.

Fifth The El Trio, If this who has the best three they would make a case to be number one on he list however they have no Pg and no true Centre. Shane Battier will not make them any better. This team depends on how motivated Bron Bron and his psychic Wade is to win a championship. Bosh is not a centre and will never be, its wiser for the Heat to trade him and get a true centre and some added cap relif to maybe get some players who can actually score coming off the bench.

Sixth Boston GArnett, Peirce, Rando and Jeff Greeen nuff said.

Seventh Knicks fan need to be reminded that while addin Tyson Chandler upgrades them significantly, there is no distrubtor as they lost Chauncey Billups.

valade16
12-15-2011, 02:31 AM
No love for the Blazers?

PG: Felton
SG: Mathews
SF: Wallace
PF: Aldridge
C: Camby.

Call me crazy but I see that group at least as good as the Knicks or Clippers...

DaBear
12-15-2011, 02:33 AM
Okay i have to say Mavericks first people forget that they beat the Heat last year and if they were to hook up again they will beat the Heat again. Lamor Odom addition is an upgrade over Shawn Marion that being said having a bench with the Jet Shawn Marion and Vince Carter is an upgrade as well. We will just have to see Haywood performs and will The Tyson Chandler Loss be a hue dramtic effect on the.

Second it will be the Bulls, they are on the rise and they will be scary if Hamilton signs with them.

Third gotta give it to the Lakers, i mean its Kobe Bryant he makes magic happen and they will be motivated after a yeas in hich they did not get o dance in the finals to get back there again. The main question is will Fisher be able to still play poin uard and how do they uprade their bench.

Fourth gotta give it to the OKc, it just is a scary five not to mention that Kendrick Perkins lost some additional weigh and it will be his full sason at the helm at Okc. Duran, Westbrook and James Harden would only et beetter as they age. Ibaka is a pretty good shot blocker and defender.This might be worthy of being number one.

Fifth The El Trio, If this who has the best three they would make a case to be number one on he list however they have no Pg and no true Centre. Shane Battier will not make them any better. This team depends on how motivated Bron Bron and his psychic Wade is to win a championship. Bosh is not a centre and will never be, its wiser for the Heat to trade him and get a true centre and some added cap relif to maybe get some players who can actually score coming off the bench.

Sixth Boston GArnett, Peirce, Rando and Jeff Greeen nuff said.

Knicks Knicks fan need to be reminded that while addin Tyson Chandler upgrades them significantly, there is no distrubtor as they lost Chauncey Billups.

Hamilton already signed with the Bulls.

NYYCowboys
12-15-2011, 02:33 AM
Just wondering... how did Amare do coming off of similar knee injuries? It's not hating.. it's just ignorance. You would be best suited giving the team a chance before assuming the worst and calling players a shell. Caron Butler looks GREAT in training camp.

How many other players besides Amare have had such success after having similar knee injuries... not many. We will see man I'm excited to watch the Clippers play I just don't think they're a true championship contender like those other teams YET.

believeinNYK
12-15-2011, 02:36 AM
i went with okc but on paper im also feeling the clippers starting lineup definitely besides the sg position but even if you put say billups at the 2 i think he will do alright

Clippersfan86
12-15-2011, 02:38 AM
How many other players besides Amare have had such success after having similar knee injuries... not many. We will see man I'm excited to watch the Clippers play I just don't think they're a true championship contender like those other teams YET.

Well of course. Why would anybody call them title contenders before they even play a game? We need to see how guys like Mo Williams, Chauncey and the bench buy into this being the CP3+Blake show. I'm just saying in terms of not having big line up holes.. Clippers are near the top.

gotoHcarolina52
12-15-2011, 02:39 AM
The problem I have with this hypothetical is that the HEAT's starting lineup is not it's strongest lineup.

The HEAT's strongest lineup (LeBron-Wade-Battier-Haslem-Bosh) boasts a combined PER of 97.54 (an average of 19.508 per player).

By contrast, the Bulls' projected starting lineup (Rose-Hamilton-Deng-Boozer-Noah), which is also it's best lineup (feel free to disagree), has a combined PER of 92.76 (or an average of 18.55 per player).

John Walls Era
12-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Anyone but the Knicks, just what the OP didn't want to hear.

Chi StateOfMind
12-15-2011, 02:43 AM
Bulls
Thunder
Heat

mkdo
12-15-2011, 02:53 AM
hey why aren't the grizzlies here?????

go new york

Dade County
12-15-2011, 03:08 AM
OKC needs more love... smh

Kashmir13579
12-15-2011, 03:15 AM
If its true Billups will start at the SG, i see six line-ups i like more than Chicago's.

I think its still Boston.

PatsSoxKnicks
12-15-2011, 03:26 AM
If its true Billups will start at the SG, i see six line-ups i like more than Chicago's.

I think its still Boston.

Over the Heat? :confused:

eso
12-15-2011, 03:30 AM
Its LA

Bynum = 2nd best C
Gasol = 2nd Best pf
Artest = top 5 SF (new coach new system that wil suit him)
Kobe = best SG
Fisher = :facepalm:

but it is the best starting 5

Chi StateOfMind
12-15-2011, 03:40 AM
Its LA

Bynum = 2nd best C
Gasol = 2nd Best pf
Kobe = best SG

Metta World Peace a top 5 SF. :facepalm:

abe_froman
12-15-2011, 03:45 AM
alot of people here are misinterpreting the question.isnt best team(has most talent).so cant see why people are saying heat.they have great 2,3,4 but they arent quality at all 5 spots(which is what the thread is about).

in some order
okc,dal,bulls

numba1CHANGsta
12-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Bulls have more balance

NoahH
12-15-2011, 04:03 AM
Our bench however........ :pity:

Warriors are a little thin at PG... Curry playing 48mpg? Yup.

numba1CHANGsta
12-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Its LA

Bynum = 2nd best C
Gasol = 2nd Best pf
Kobe = best SG

Im a Laker fan and I couldnt disagree more, first off Artest isnt even a Top 10 SF, Pau is third best PF at best behind Dirk and Griffin, Bynum is always injured, Kobe is getting up there in age, its a solid starting 5 but not the best starting 5 in the NBA

eso
12-15-2011, 06:44 AM
Im a Laker fan and I couldnt disagree more, first off Artest isnt even a Top 10 SF, Pau is third best PF at best behind Dirk and Griffin, Bynum is always injured, Kobe is getting up there in age, its a solid starting 5 but not the best starting 5 in the NBA

Name me the 10 better small forwards than Ron (remember stats dont mean everyting..)
I would take Pau over Dirk any day, more rounded player and Blake may be better but yet to prove that..
Bynum maybe injured a lot but we traded LO so he couldnt hurt him any more :)

Kobe is getting older but with age comes wisdom When was MJ at his peak??????

but this is my opinion..

Swashcuff
12-15-2011, 08:47 AM
Bulls
Heat
Thunder

Absolutely this

theheatles
12-15-2011, 09:13 AM

Haslem, Battier, Mike Miller, James Jones, Eddy Curry...problem is the CELTICS don't have depth

Greet
12-15-2011, 09:17 AM
OKC
Heat
Knicks
Bulls

greek miami hea
12-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Heat and its not close

this

Cal827
12-15-2011, 09:24 AM
OKC
Heat
Knicks
Bulls

lol Wouldn't think that a Bills and a Jets fan would ever agree, but this.

Mishmin
12-15-2011, 09:26 AM
How does Miami have the best starting 5. They have the best starting 2 or 3 maybe.. but not 5. Chalmers and Joel Anthony?

I like the starting 5 in Portland. Felton, Matthews, G. Wallace, Aldridge, Camby

--23--
12-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Bulls
Mavs
OKC

mdm692
12-15-2011, 09:40 AM
The suns

Nash
Dudley
Hill
Frye
Gortat

perfect mix of age, offense and defense :cool:.

Naw but really thunder, bulls, heat but if knicks make another move or 2 i could see them moving up.

RLundi
12-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Clip Show.

Hawkeye15
12-15-2011, 11:12 AM

1-5 Chicago pretty much has its ECF team in tact but replace Keith Bogans win RIP

Yet the Heat beat the Bulls, despite the Bulls having the deepest bench in the east in a landslide. What does that tell you about how much better the starting lineup is for the Heat?

Hawkeye15
12-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Simply put, the Heat, with NOTHING for a bench, were able to sail straight through the east, and were beat by a complete team (hell, the guy who hurt them the most outside Dirk was a bench player), in the finals.

That says all that needs to be said about the starting 5 for the Heat. Sure they have no center and their PG is eh. But I take that starting 5 over any other in a game.

ShakeN'Bake
12-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Thunder are the most complete and well rounded.

69centers
12-15-2011, 11:17 AM
These polls are never accurately assessed. You can call it "pick your favorite team" and get the exact same results.

Corey
12-15-2011, 11:18 AM
These polls are never accurately assessed. You can call it "pick your favorite team" and get the exact same results.

....Did you vote for the Celtics?

DLeeicious
12-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Heat
Bulls

then it drops off a little imo

They were the two best last year and both got better/healthier/one more year together.

DLeeicious
12-15-2011, 11:24 AM

If you are looking for great accurate discussion on NBA teams/players you are not in the right place lol

This place is great for up to the minute updates around the NBA and it's excellent for tooting your own players horns. Other than that it doesn't offer a ton.

Corey
Bulls
Heat
Thunder
Lakers
Celtics
Mavs
Clippers
Knicks

#letsbehonest

69centers
Haslem, Battier, Mike Miller, James Jones, Eddy Curry...problem is the CELTICS don't have depth

Celtics ----------- Heat

Chris Wilcox >>> Eddy Curry
Brandon Bass >>> Udonis Haslem (was better pre-injury)
Jeff Green >>> Shane Battier or James Jones
Sasha Pavlovic <<< Mike Miller

bbcmillionaire
12-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Rose>chalmers?
Rip<wade
Deng<lebron
Boozer=bosh
Noah>Anthony

Hmm it seems equal but I still think the bulls have the most complete team because of the record they had last year with key injuries to very important players, and IMO the mavs just need a C and they are right up
There too

Corey
12-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Celtics ----------- Heat

1) You listing Pavlovic ahead of Marquis Daniels and Keyon Dooling deserves a facepalm.

2) You using greater than / less than signs to address comparisons deserves a facepalm.

3) Haslem is better than Bass when healthy.

4) Shane Battier plays his role better than Jeff Green does. Doesn't make him a better player, but he's better at the role he's given.

69centers
12-15-2011, 11:36 AM
1) You listing Pavlovic ahead of Marquis Daniels and Keyon Dooling deserves a facepalm.

Quis and Dooling didn't really have comparison guys on Miami to compare.

2) You using greater than / less than signs to address comparisons deserves a facepalm.

">>>" is still more exciting than "is better than" or "is a better player than". This is a starters thread so no need to go into more detail about subs.

3) Haslem is better than Bass when healthy.

Exactly why I noted that.

4) Shane Battier plays his role better than Jeff Green does. Doesn't make him a better player, but he's better at the role he's given.

Green will have a chance to find his role this season.

Corey
12-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Green will have a chance to find his role this season.

Assumedly, but at this point he hasn't. You can't really pencil him in as a good/great bench player until he actually does it.

Battier is one of the best bench guys in the league, an amazing locker room presence, incredibly selfless, and really excels in the 'glue guy' role...Similar to how Posey did in our championship year.

Khalifa21
12-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Boozer=bosh

This one gave me a laugh...

swinjas
12-15-2011, 11:42 AM
for all those who say HEAT it's best starting 5 !! not best 3 of the 5 !

Corey
12-15-2011, 11:43 AM

I got on 69centers for using the '> <' to assess the bench comparison, but I do believe you are selling the Celtics bench awfully short.

First of all, listing Eddy Curry at this point is an absolute joke. He's barely even practiced, he's ridiculously out of shape, and he hasn't played in years.

James Jones is a 3pt specialist. Good at what he does, not great. Miller was injured last year, so you can't pencil him in for any production...And isn't he injured again right now?

Haslem and Battier are about as good as it gets for bench pieces, though.

The Celtics have Dooling, Marquis, Jeff Green, Chris Wilcox, Brandon Bass, and a few young players (Avery Bradley and JuJuan Johnson) that Danny Ainge thing can contribute. Haven't proven anything yet, but the pedigree is there for both players.

I wouldn't call the Heat bench better at all, at this point.

Jint.
12-15-2011, 11:44 AM
I like the Thunder starting 5.. very balanced

NY is nice too :D

RVN671
12-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Where's Battier?

Billups at the 2? He ain't gonna play for the Clips especially after he was "claimed"..ego trippin.

Brooks is stupid...he's keeping Harden on the bench.

Dallas is bringing the Jet off the bench, the same way Pop loves Manu as a 6th.

Da Knicks
12-15-2011, 11:47 AM
I got the bulls, cant lie that team is good

UPRock
12-15-2011, 11:48 AM
The Denver Nuggets with Tebow playing at every position.

Corey
12-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Where's Battier?
6th man.

Billups at the 2? He ain't gonna play for the Clips especially after he was "claimed"..ego trippin.
Yes he will.

Brooks is stupid...he's keeping Harden on the bench.
No

Dallas is bringing the Jet off the bench, the same way Pop loves Manu as a 6th.
And start Vince Carter? Eh.

Jetsguy
12-15-2011, 11:51 AM
only 1 team has 2 top 3 or 5 players. I hate them but it is the Heat.

We all know that top starting 5 means very little

tmacmamba
12-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Bulls have the most balance and are a complete team so i voted for the Bulls, The Heat have the most talent obviously but they don't have the best starting five from top to bottom.

Jetsguy
12-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Rose>chalmers?
Rip<wade
Deng<lebron
Boozer=bosh
Noah>Anthony

Hmm it seems equal but I still think the bulls have the most complete team because of the record they had last year with key injuries to very important players, and IMO the mavs just need a C and they are right up
There too

Thanks for that laugh this morning!

mavwar53
12-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Thunder and it's not close, they compliment each other better than any other team, BTW I think Vince will be starting over Terry.

tmacmamba
12-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks for that laugh this morning!

Chris Bosh averaged 18 points with 8 rebounds last season,
Carlos Boozer averaged 17 points with 9 rebounds thats pretty equal to me.

Daunter
12-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Definately Chicago or Okc

Corey
12-15-2011, 12:27 PM

Boozer has a terrible injury filled year, too. His career numbers from the previous year in Utah are eerily similar to the numbers Bosh posted last season.

Evolution23
12-15-2011, 12:33 PM
not the Heat.

JordansBulls
12-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Heat
C Joel Anthony
PF Chris Bosh
SF LeBron James
SG Dwayne Wade
PG Mario Chalmers

Knicks
C Tyson Chandler
PF Amare Stoudemire
SF Carmelo Anthony
SG Landry Fields
PG Toney Douglas

Lakers
C Andrew Bynum
PF Pau Gasol
SF Ron Artest
SG Kobe Bryant
PG Derek Fisher

Mavs
C Brendan Haywood
PF Dirk Nowitzki
SF Lamar Odom
SG Jason Terry
PG Jason Kidd

Celtics
C Jermaine O'Neal
PF Kevin Garnett
SF Paul Pierce
SG Ray Allen
PG Rajon Rondo

Thunder
C Kendrick Perkins
PF Serge Ibaka
SF Kevin Durant
SG James Harden
PG Russell Westbrook

Clippers
C DeAndre Jordan
PF Blake Griffin
SF Caron Butler
SG Chauncey Billups
PG Chris Paul

Bulls
C Joakim Noah
PF Carlos Boozer
SF Luol Deng
SG Richard Hamilton
PG Derrick Rose

I think Vince will start at SG for the Mavs.

Jetsguy
12-15-2011, 12:42 PM

Boozer has a terrible injury filled year, too. His career numbers from the previous year in Utah are eerily similar to the numbers Bosh posted last season.

But Bosh was more efficient with a better TS% Ortg and WS while playing behind Lebron and Wade that is just last season.

Bosh is better than Boozer

Corey
12-15-2011, 12:46 PM
But Bosh was more efficient with a better TS% Ortg and WS while playing behind Lebron and Wade that is just last season.

Bosh is better than Boozer

Like I said, Boozer had an injury filled year and posted abnormally low numbers compared to his career averages.

In the previous year with the Jazz, his TS, ORTG, WS/48 and eFG were near identical to Bosh's from this past season.

NYMetros
12-15-2011, 12:49 PM
It's still the Heat.

swirl54
12-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Top to bottom no it isn't the Heat its The Bulls then The Thunder

Jetsguy
12-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Like I said, Boozer had an injury filled year and posted abnormally low numbers compared to his career averages.

In the previous year with the Jazz, his TS, ORTG, WS/48 and eFG were near identical to Bosh's from this past season.

I did not look past last season, but without looking I am assuming last years numbers for Bosh were among the lowest in his career so I am assuming if Boozers #'s in his prime years were only as good as Bosh last year that Boozer does not = Bosh.

Again I could be wrong and am to lazy to look but I am pretty sure Bosh is a better player than Boozer.

DaBUU
12-15-2011, 01:01 PM
It aint about the starting 5

but the thread is titled 'Top Starting Five...'

Bulls btw top to bottom, followed by OKC. not to mention the most bench depth, aka the Bench Mob

AntiG
12-15-2011, 01:06 PM

the problem is that while Bosh is an average defender at best, Boozer is the worst defender at PF in the entire league.

dnewguy
12-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Allow the Bulls fans to make something out of nothing. Carlos boozer, Rip Hamilton, Luol Deng and Rose somehow make a better starting line-up than Wade, Lebron and Bosh. LMAO

EaglesJackson10
12-15-2011, 01:10 PM
How are the Bulls ahead of the Heat? Jesus how many Bulls fans are there on this site?

Giancarlor
12-15-2011, 01:10 PM
Best starting lineup I would hate to say it but I think it's the CELTICS... Not the best team just going by starting 5

smith&wesson
12-15-2011, 01:11 PM
lebron&wade and those other guys.

MrfadeawayJB
12-15-2011, 01:20 PM
I love how the Grizz are not even in the discussion on this thread. Underated as always:

Gasol
Randolph
Gay
Mayo (Allen)
Conley

But i would go with the Heat, if they went:
Anthony
Bosh
Battier
Wade
James

Twista
12-15-2011, 01:22 PM
How are the Bulls ahead of the Heat? Jesus how many Bulls fans are there on this site?

Read the thread. A ton of people who aren't even Bulls fans are picking the Bulls.

to answer your question, the Bulls are ahead of the Heat because some people think the Heat have holes at PG and C

Baller1
12-15-2011, 01:24 PM
1. OKC
2. Miami
3. Chicago
4. Memphis
5. LA Clippers

Noday
12-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Noah, Boozer, Deng, Hamilton and Rose!!!

Noday
12-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Bulls >> Heat > Thunder

Corey
12-15-2011, 01:52 PM
I picked the Bulls.

pebloemer
12-15-2011, 01:53 PM

Lol. Survey says............. Not the Knicks!

TROLL POLICE
12-15-2011, 01:56 PM
the best starting 5 would be bulls. i also like the thunder and grizzlies. im still confused on why miami heat are in second place. if this was a poll on which team has more star power than its heat but the best starting 5 is bulls. imo heat still have holes in pg and C. the bulls getting a good player in rip hamilton puts them a favorite or a darkhorse team to win it all.

pebloemer
12-15-2011, 01:56 PM
Allow the Bulls fans to make something out of nothing. Carlos boozer, Rip Hamilton, Luol Deng and Rose somehow make a better starting line-up than Wade, Lebron and Bosh. LMAO

I chose the Heat, but why wouldn't you mention Noah? If you switch Noah for Anthony it makes a pretty massive difference.

Bulls have a more "complete" starting 5, but Miami has a better one. The star power of Wade/LeBron easily skews it in Miami's favor.

Corey
12-15-2011, 01:57 PM

the problem is that while Bosh is an average defender at best, Boozer is the worst defender at PF in the entire league.
Bold statement...apparently you haven't seen david lee play defense.

(To be fair, no one has seen David Lee play defense, so..)

MJ-BULLS
12-15-2011, 01:57 PM

nah dogg, theres very little bulls fans on the site.

Heediot
12-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Thunder. No Glaring holes from 1-5. If y'all picked the heat, why not just make a poll of who's the best team, instead of best starting lineup.

pebloemer
12-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Thunder. No Glaring holes from 1-5. If y'all picked the heat, why not just make a poll of who's the best team, instead of best starting lineup.

The question isn't "what's the most balanced starting lineup" it's asking for the "best" starting lineup. The Heat's bench is hardly a strength. I'd argue that their biggest strength is their starting lineup. It isn't balanced, but the talent in the 2/3/4 spots easily makes up for that.

tbomlad
12-15-2011, 02:14 PM
You can take the Knicks and Clippers off that list right away.

AntiG
12-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Bold statement...apparently you haven't seen david lee play defense.

(To be fair, no one has seen David Lee play defense, so..)

LOL either way they are interchangeable, so we're basically scraping the bottom of the barrel here as KG's polar opposite defensively. The fact that Boozer's play makes Pau Gasol and Chris Bosh look like All NBA defenders is all you need.

Corey
12-15-2011, 02:18 PM

nah dogg, theres very little bulls fans on the site.
Made me giggle

gotoHcarolina52
12-15-2011, 02:18 PM

:laugh: How many Bulls fans are there on this site? At this point, I'd say 54 too many.

xnick5757
12-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Thunder: westbrook/harden/durant/ibaka/mohammad - 99.09 PER
Heat: lebron/wade/battier/bosh/anthony - 90.25 PER
Knicks: douglas/fields/anthony/stoudemire/chandler - 89.15 PER
Bulls: rose/hamilton/deng/boozer/noah - 87.32 PER

if heat could find a better center then anthony (the worst offensive player in the league) they would be unstoppable.

but right now, the thunder have the best starting five

Hester23Jordan
12-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Its really hard to say, but as of right now I think its the Bulls. Not trying to be biased but I think that they have the most complete starting unit, 5 guys that are all solid and strengths all complement each others games. The rest of them all have at least 1 weakness IMO
Heat- No true PG or C
Knicks- Unproven front court.
Lakers- Fisher isn't a quality starter anymore
Clippers- No SG
Thunder- No post scoring. However im interested in seeing how Ibaka can improve
Celtics- No center.
Indiana also should get a mention. No stars but they are similar to Bulls as in they have a a group that fits well together without any true weaknesses.

AntiG
12-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Its really hard to say, but as of right now I think its the Bulls. Not trying to be biased but I think that they have the most complete starting unit, 5 guys that are all solid and strengths all complement each others games. The rest of them all have at least 1 weakness IMO
Heat- No true PG or C
Knicks- Unproven front court.
Lakers- Fisher isn't a quality starter anymore
Clippers- No SG
Thunder- No post scoring. However im interested in seeing how Ibaka can improve
Celtics- No center.
Indiana also should get a mention. No stars but they are similar to Bulls as in they have a a group that fits well together without any true weaknesses.

Bulls have a huge weakness. Boozer is turrrrrble on defense. In terms of Miami's and Boston's lineups, their 5 starters position by position are better than Chicago's 5 starters overall (Boston, with 3 out of 5 better; Miami also 3 out of 5 better).

Comparisons assuming all players are healthy... (arrows showing differential of quality with >>> as a large deficit)

Boston vs Chicago
Noah >> O'Neal
KG >> Boozer
Pierce >> Deng
Allen >> Hamilton
Rose > Rondo
Advantage: Boston (slight)

Miami vs Chicago
Noah >>> Anthony
Bosh >> Boozer
LeBron >>> Deng
Wade >>> Hamilton
Rose >>> Chalmers
Advantage: Miami (significant)

Boston vs Miami
O'Neal >> Anthony
KG > Bosh
LeBron > Pierce
Wade > Allen
Rondo >>> Chalmers
Advantage: Miami (slight)

Team*Chicago
12-15-2011, 02:56 PM
As a top starting line up barely any weakness.
1. Bulls
2. Thunder

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Damn the op makes Knicks fans look bad with his ridiculous homerism threads... Guy has more threads made than actually posting in threads .

AllBall
12-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Oh look, the entire Bulls board came here to vote.

:laugh:

nickdymez
12-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Its easily Chicago

nickdymez
12-15-2011, 03:08 PM
Thunder: westbrook/harden/durant/ibaka/mohammad - 99.09 PER
Heat: lebron/wade/battier/bosh/anthony - 90.25 PER
Knicks: douglas/fields/anthony/stoudemire/chandler - 89.15 PER
Bulls: rose/hamilton/deng/boozer/noah - 87.32 PER

if heat could find a better center then anthony (the worst offensive player in the league) they would be unstoppable.

but right now, the thunder have the best starting five

Another stat freak

PlezPlayDKnicks
12-15-2011, 03:08 PM
I can't wait for that first Heat Bulls game... Psd is gonna shut down. Trolls will be in rare form that day..

Delrayhc
12-15-2011, 03:10 PM

Mike Miller
Shane Battier
Udonis Haslem

No depth?

nickdymez
12-15-2011, 03:10 PM
lmfao@ Mike Miller

redwhitenblue
12-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Bulls have a huge weakness. Boozer is turrrrrble on defense. In terms of Miami's and Boston's lineups, their 5 starters position by position are better than Chicago's 5 starters overall (Boston, with 3 out of 5 better; Miami also 3 out of 5 better).

Comparisons assuming all players are healthy... (arrows showing differential of quality with >>> as a large deficit)

Boston vs Chicago
Noah >> O'Neal
KG >> Boozer
Pierce >> Deng
Allen >> Hamilton
Rose > Rondo
Advantage: Boston (slight)

Miami vs Chicago
Noah >>> Anthony
Bosh >> Boozer
LeBron >>> Deng
Wade >>> Hamilton
Rose >>> Chalmers
Advantage: Miami (significant)

Boston vs Miami
O'Neal >> Anthony
KG > Bosh
LeBron > Pierce
Wade > Allen
Rondo >>> Chalmers
Advantage: Miami (slight)
Gee you're not a Celts fan, Pierce is so much better than Deng, but Rose is just barely better than Rondo?

Dade County
12-15-2011, 03:33 PM
any poll dealing with the bulls in it...... smh

Their fan bass is to large on this forum.

AllBall
12-15-2011, 03:34 PM
You know the Bulls are good at winning popularity contests (like Rose's MVP) but it never translates to real life. :laugh2:

Gators123
12-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Heat

gotoHcarolina52
12-15-2011, 03:45 PM
You know the Bulls are good at winning popularity contests (like Rose's MVP) but it never translates to real life. :laugh2:

:laugh2:

SwatTeam
12-15-2011, 03:57 PM
c'mon guys the only intact starting 5 from last years finals teams is Miami. Dallas would have been #1 if they kept Chandler. Regardless, Miami's starting five rolled through the east including the bulls "superior" lineup with all their depth. I'm not saying that it will be the same this year but until we see what the bulls can do vs the Heat with Rip in the lineup (a 33 year old Rip by the way) - im going with the Heat. They will only grow stronger the more longer they play with each other.

Twista
12-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Did the Heat decide to keep Miller? I heard talk a while back that he was injured and gonna be out for a month and the Heat were thinking of amnestying him.

Twista
12-15-2011, 04:08 PM
First of all, depth is over rated. Heat had no depth last year but the big 3 managed to remain relatively healthy in time for a deep playoff push.

Secondly, I'm not convinced that the Celtics will be a threat this season. You saw what happened to them last year, they traded their C and fell apart. Well they have not solved that problem and unless they do, why won't this year just be a repeat of last year?

Heediot
12-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Simply put, the Heat, with NOTHING for a bench, were able to sail straight through the east, and were beat by a complete team (hell, the guy who hurt them the most outside Dirk was a bench player), in the finals.

That says all that needs to be said about the starting 5 for the Heat. Sure they have no center and their PG is eh. But I take that starting 5 over any other in a game.

Chalmers, Miller, Haslem, J. Jones are not nothing. Sometimes situations and bad chemistry minimize player effectiveness.

Corey
12-15-2011, 04:14 PM
Mike Miller
Shane Battier
Udonis Haslem

No depth?

You named 3 players, one of which is injured.

That isn't good depth. Battier and Haslem are excellent players, and are two of the best bench players in the league, however.

Heediot
12-15-2011, 04:18 PM
The question isn't "what's the most balanced starting lineup" it's asking for the "best" starting lineup. The Heat's bench is hardly a strength. I'd argue that their biggest strength is their starting lineup. It isn't balanced, but the talent in the 2/3/4 spots easily makes up for that.

I'd concur they had at minimum a decent bench. I guess you do have at point from that perspective.

Miltstar
12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Clippers for sure! It's a shame that they got screwed out of Eric Gordon though!

Dstmccoy
12-15-2011, 04:35 PM

^This
Can't be the Heat,
the tread reads best starting 5, not 3 stars and 2 average (at best)

wjmoffatt
12-15-2011, 04:37 PM
What about best team in the NBA next season?

Thunder
Heat
Mavs
Lakers
Grizz
Knicks
Portland
C's
Bulls
Pacers
Clippers

My vote is going with Thunder, Heat close second and Grizzles are a team not to take lightly. Gay is a monster! Dark Horse is the Trailblazers (Crawford and Raymond Felton might have been the best pickups this off season), and East the Pacers (George Hill and David West were great additions)

swirl54
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
any poll dealing with the bulls in it...... smh

Their fan bass is to large on this forum.

It's "too large" not "to"

swirl54
12-15-2011, 04:44 PM
What about best team in the NBA next season?

Thunder
Heat
Mavs
Lakers
Grizz
Knicks
Portland
C's
Bulls
Pacers
Clippers

My vote is going with Thunder, Heat close second and Grizzles are a team not to take lightly. Gay is a monster! Dark Horse is the Trailblazers (Crawford and Raymond Felton might have been the best pickups this off season), and East the Pacers (George Hill and David West were great additions)

Is your list in the order from best to worst? If so what a huge fail on your part. Bulls that low???? Wow 62 wins last year, healthy, and added a much better SG.

AntiG
12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Gee you're not a Celts fan, Pierce is so much better than Deng, but Rose is just barely better than Rondo?

You do realize that before last season, Rondo was considered by a lot of people as better than Rose. Rose has proven he is the better player, but Rondo is still one of the league's elite PGs (solid top 5). Pierce has proven that he can be the #1 option for any team for years. Deng certainly has not.

D Roses Bulls
12-15-2011, 05:10 PM
well I see the Bulls hate is strong in this thread as well. The Bulls don't have the most talented team when it comes to having star players, but their 1-5 is the best in the NBA on paper at least.

tbone2171
12-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Knicks
C Tyson Chandler
PF Amare Stoudemire
SF Carmelo Anthony
SG Landry Fields
PG Toney Douglas

:laugh2:

GunFactor187
12-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Bulls and Thunder

Ill21
12-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Bulls and heat being a close second

Bishnoff
12-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Bulls or Thunder at present.

sp1derm00
12-15-2011, 05:39 PM
I would have to go with either the Thunder or the Heat.

I think I like the Thunder better until the Heat improve at their PG/C positions.

Kashmir13579
12-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Over the Heat? :confused:

From top to bottom, yes i truly believe that.

Dolfan305
12-15-2011, 05:53 PM
The Heat have possibly the 2 best players in the NBA and not to mention Chris Bosh, a perennial all star. They might not be the most complete starting five, but they are the best.

Kashmir13579
12-15-2011, 05:53 PM
1. Rondo
2. Allen
3. Pierce
4. KG
5. who gives a ****?

I'm sorry but i do not see a better starting 5.

Moe Bigsley
12-15-2011, 06:13 PM
The Heat have the most talent, but that's only in 3 players. I'd say top to bottom, it's the Thunder first, with the Bulls with a close second. Then I'd say the Mavs and Celtics, but Boston will drop off soon.

This. If its related to most talent, its the Heat. If its based off of complete starting 5 at each position, its Bulls or Knicks

Kashmir13579
12-15-2011, 06:15 PM
This. If its related to most talent, its the Heat. If its based off of complete starting 5 at each position, its Bulls or Knicks

The Knicks have 2 roster spots that are question marks. IDK how Fields will play this year, but i KNOW that Toney Douglas at the PG isn't helping the argument for the Knicks starting 5 being the best.

It isn't the Knicks, not even close.

TylerSL
12-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Celtics ----------- Heat

are you serious?

Kashmir13579
12-15-2011, 06:20 PM
well I see the Bulls hate is strong in this thread as well. The Bulls don't have the most talented team when it comes to having star players, but their 1-5 is the best in the NBA on paper at least.

I think the burden of proof is on you to explain how Rose, Hamilton, Deng, Boozer, and Noah is better than Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, and Jermaine. I just don't see it.

Rondo</=Rose
Allen > Hamilton
Peirce > Deng
KG > Boozer
Jermaine < Noah

Badluck33
12-15-2011, 06:25 PM
I think the burden of proof is on you to explain how Rose, Hamilton, Deng, Boozer, and Noah is better than Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, and Jermaine. I just don't see it.

Rondo</=Rose :facepalm:
Allen > Hamilton
Peirce > Deng
KG > Boozer
Jermaine < Noah

Allen and Hamilton are two different players. Pierce is offensive, Deng is defensive. KG is a shell of his former self. Jermaine is still lucky to be in league.

If these players were in their prime, they would be favored to with the next 4 championships. They aren't so they are not.

Corey
12-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Rondo</=Rose

Rondo isn't really even close to Rose right now.

Kashmir13579
12-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Rondo isn't really even close to Rose right now.

I'm not one who believes Rose is dramatically better than Nash, Westbrook, Rondo, Williams.

Even if its true that Rose is entirely more valuable to the Bulls, than Rondo to the Cs (which i don't believe to be the case) that still leaves the rest of the Celtics roster. Paul Pierce is arguably coming off his best season as a pro and i attribute a lot of that to Rondo.

IAmARanger18
12-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Bulls, adding Hamilton was huge

Kashmir13579
12-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Allen and Hamilton are two different players. Pierce is offensive, Deng is defensive. KG is a shell of his former self. Jermaine is still lucky to be in league.

Wasn't KG one of the best low post defenders last year? I remember hearing that somewhere but i could be wrong. Allen and Hamilton are both pure shooters that play primarily off the ball. One is and will always be better than the other. I also consider Pierce to be as good of a defender as Deng, and much better offensively.

TROLL POLICE
12-15-2011, 06:49 PM
how many heat homers are on this site to pick the heat over the bulls. dallas had a complete team and they won why not bulls. its not gona be easy but with the way it looks bulls have a big shot at winning it all. OKC thunder are another team that are gona be good next season.

Noday
12-18-2011, 06:01 AM
Rose>>Rondo
Hamilton=Allen
Pierce>Deng
KG>Boozer
Noah>>>Jermaine

Rondo</=Rose
Allen > Hamilton
Peirce > Deng
KG > Boozer
Jermaine < Noah

Top seed with 62 wins and making the ECF is proof enough. Oh, and that was without a true starting caliber SG. I forgot if we swept you guys last year.

This year we have Richard Hamilton, which is a very significant upgrade. We have much needed winning playoff experience. And your guys are becoming ancient.

Also, Rose is 10X the More Valuable Player that Rondo will ever be. MVP???

Why is Boston trying to get rid of Rondo rather than trading their ancient players and rebuilding around Rondo. And no team is jumping out trying to even entertain the idea of taking Rondo off Bostons hands.

TheRunKiller
12-18-2011, 02:02 PM

That's funny but I didn't see Miami holding up any trophies

Tony_Starks
12-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Clippers easy. Miami has two of the best in the league in their lineup but from 1-5 its the Clippers.

rhymeratic
12-18-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm a Knick fan but I'd go with the Mavs starting 5... Too much length and skill.

Vincent33
12-18-2011, 03:14 PM
I'll give some love to the Pacers:

C Roy Hibbert
PF David West
SF Danny Granger
SG Paul George
PG Darren Collison

JEDean89
12-18-2011, 03:23 PM
rip hamilton does not make the bulls better than the heat.

redwhitenblue
12-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Eh, hard to say without playing the games. Rip only played two games against these new look Heat last year. One wasn't very good (3-11, 9 pts), the other was very good (9-16, 27 pts). Adding a SG that puts up 20 some points next to Rose would be a drastic change.

Corey
12-18-2011, 03:34 PM

Where is there a blatant weakness in Chicago's lineup?

Now ask that same question about the Heat.

MTL_123
12-18-2011, 03:39 PM

i did see them in the finals:D

KnicksR4Real
12-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Bulls or Clippers

Blah Blah Blah
12-18-2011, 03:44 PM
For everyone bashing the Bulls posters here, i just got to say that everyone has a right to their opinion. Also realize that a lot of the Bulls picks are not by the Bulls posters but by fans of other teams. I'm seeing mainly the Heat fans that seem to have a problem with people having their own opinions (bias against anyone picking chicago and start to attack the poster a little past the line). Is your lives that bad that this act really makes you feel better? Just my 2 cents on what i'm seeing on these forums.

VillaMaravilla
12-18-2011, 03:47 PM

Bdiddy
Fields
Melo
Stat
Tyson

yeah your right bro we have crap lmao

Corey
12-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Bdiddy
Fields
Melo
Stat
Tyson

yeah your right bro we have crap lmao

He didnt say anything about your starters being crap. He said they weren't the best of the teams listed, and he's correct.

sargon21
12-18-2011, 03:52 PM
Bibby is trash, just so we're clear.

D.O.N.
12-18-2011, 03:58 PM
I went whit the bulls.

DragonJaii
12-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Heat or bulls.. probably heat.

NJBASEBALL22
12-18-2011, 04:19 PM
I woulda said the Mavs if they retained Tyson Chandler.

VinceCarter
12-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Thunder
Heat
Bulls
Mavs
Lakers
Grizzlies
Celtics
Clippers
Warriors
Hawks
Knicks

gotoHcarolina52
12-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Heat

HouRealCoach
12-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Grizzlies come on people show them some respect... but the Heat easily but Grizzlies a close 2nd for me

AllBall
12-18-2011, 05:29 PM

That's funny, I seem to recall hoisting one in YOUR arena. Enjoy another trophyless decade.

IndiansFan337
12-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Boston, when healthy. But their bench is very thin this year.

basketfan4life
12-18-2011, 06:07 PM
heat, it's not by a large margin but it's not a difficult choice.

b_rad23
12-18-2011, 07:04 PM
Heat

GIANTKNICK
12-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Knicks
B-Diddy
Fields
Melo
Amare
Tyson

Rndy
12-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Poor Knicks fans it's either Heat, Bulls, Or Thunder and not by wide margins of each other.

AddiX
12-18-2011, 07:51 PM
Outside of the thunder, looking at that, it's hard to argue small market teams have much of a shot in this league.

That's a pretty impressive list of starting 5s.

imReallyCHI
12-18-2011, 07:56 PM
bulls 1-5 are top 15 at each position

Badluck33
12-18-2011, 08:08 PM
heat 1-5 have 3 thats top 10. 2 other positions probably are not.

KnicksR4Real
12-18-2011, 08:08 PM
delete this

KnicksR4Real
12-18-2011, 08:09 PM
bulls 1-5 are top 15 at each position

^^being high on PSD in suggested

Ovratd1up
12-18-2011, 08:13 PM
It's the Heat.

DR_1
12-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Bulls, we actually have all 5 positions filled with quality players.

yfern328
12-18-2011, 08:30 PM
I know the obvious choice might be Chicago or OKC, but before you tell Knicks fans to pipe down, honestly think about what the addition of a healthy Baron Davis does to this squad. We basically got rid of Billups, added a PG that fits our offense better and added Tyson Chandler. Then if Iman Shumpert starts at the 2, you're talking about Douglas and Fields off the bench. That's a pretty talented squad guys, from top to bottom. I mean, Baron Davis is a guy that averaged 7 assists in Cleveland... He'd be playing the role of orchestrater, and with double teams on the frontcourt, you'd have to deal with BDiddy 1-on-1. Again, that's a pretty good starting 5 if he's healthy.

Obviously they have to go out and prove it, but don't sleep on the Knicks. People aren't just talking out of their rears. There's a reason people are excited.

yfern328
12-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Also, I'm not usually vocal about things like this, and I'm not trying to be a homer guy, but honestly, in about 1 month Iman Shumpert will be starting and the kid is a legit talent with big upside. By February, I'm willing to bet that the starting 5 will be Davis, Shumpert, Melo, Amar'e, and Tyson. When that happens, don't say I didn't warn you. This starting 5 is going to turn heads real quick.

That said, for the time being, going into opening week, I'm going with the Bulls with the Thunder right behind them.

Ovratd1up
12-18-2011, 08:37 PM
When you have Lebron James and Dwyane Wade on the same team, and then Chris Bosh on top of it, no other choice is obvious.

Bulls_fan90
12-18-2011, 08:38 PM
What the hell is with this love for Shumpert?

GIANTKNICK
12-18-2011, 08:49 PM
The only homers on this forum is bulls fans. Derrick rose is the only real scorer. Everyone else is hustle and defense. Good chemistry and coaching last year but now teams know lock rose down by any means you will win. Give the gm some credit its like a better version of the A.I. sixers.
FOR REAL THINK ABOUT IT

VillaMaravilla
12-18-2011, 08:53 PM
Bulls, we actually have all 5 positions filled with quality players.

your team comes down to one player Rose and thats it everyone else is avg and its the truth, you guys overachieved last year and you will all see that this year sorry to burst your bubble but you guys aint that good

yfern328
12-18-2011, 09:25 PM
What the hell is with this love for Shumpert?

Just wait and find out...he's going to be the sleeper of this draft. Again, I usually don't say stuff like this unless I mean it, but if he gets the starting SG spot, I see no reason why he couldn't put up Dwayne Wade's rookie stats.

thekmp211
12-18-2011, 09:29 PM
a little surprised to see the bulls on here so much. they are probably the deepest team in the league, them or dallas. but the starting 5? the hamilton addition is (for now) being wildly overrated.

hard to argue against the heat. if okc decides to start harden, i'd probably pick them.

TheRunKiller
12-18-2011, 09:31 PM
your team comes down to one player Rose and thats it everyone else is avg and its the truth, you guys overachieved last year and you will all see that this year sorry to burst your bubble but you guys aint that good

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bulls_fan90
12-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Just wait and find out...he's going to be the sleeper of this draft. Again, I usually don't say stuff like this unless I mean it, but if he gets the starting SG spot, I see no reason why he couldn't put up Dwayne Wade's rookie stats.

:speechless:

South Sided
12-18-2011, 09:32 PM

MAAAANNN!!! You Knick fans are really smokin sumthin. Shumpert is the equivalent to Butler. Sorry but the East will come down to the Bulls & Heat again (barring injury). We'll see as to who wins it, but as far as the knicks & pacers, you all are on the outside looking in. Until they learn how to play D both teams are just mid round playoff warm-ups.

Bulls_fan90
12-18-2011, 09:45 PM
MAAAANNN!!! You Knick fans are really smokin sumthin. Shumpert is the equivalent to Butler. Sorry but the East will come down to the Bulls & Heat again (barring injury). We'll see as to who wins it, but as far as the knicks & pacers, you all are on the outside looking in. Until they learn how to play D both teams are just mid round playoff warm-ups.

Boston are also better than both those teams.

South Sided
12-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Boston are also better than both those teams.

True, but age is bound to catch up w/ them sooner or later.

yfern328
12-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Keep talking. You guys are going to be silent when Rose and Wade suddenly disappear from the game. And then you will say "Who's that guy, number 21?" "Why can't Rose/Wade get a shot off". Then you will know. So again, enjoy the start of the season, but in February, get back to me.

yfern328
12-18-2011, 09:57 PM
:speechless:

Sir, I urge you not to just look at the stats, but think about how those stats are generated. It's not just the 16 PPG that you look at, it's the way those points will be generated in addition to Carmelo and Amare. Imagine a guy like Dwayne Wade running around the court playing physically and playing perimeter defense that results in fastbreaks on the Knicks. It happened yesterday against Deron Williams when Shumpert caught him sleeping for a second. I'm not saying Shumpert will put up 25 PPG, but if he's putting up 12-15 PPG, and doing it with Wade's style of play, that's just another person you have to keep your eye on. Don't just dismiss it.

Corey
12-18-2011, 10:07 PM

Woah, lets simmer down.

His rookie year, Wade put up 16/4/4 on 46% shooting, while putting up 13 shots per game.

There's no chance in HELL that Shumpert is getting 13 shots per game as a rookie with Carmelo, Amare, Chandler, and Fields in the lineup.

Not enough ball to go around for that.

THE GIPPER
12-18-2011, 10:12 PM
Keep talking. You guys are going to be silent when Rose and Wade suddenly disappear from the game. And then you will say "Who's that guy, number 21?" "Why can't Rose/Wade get a shot off". Then you will know. So again, enjoy the start of the season, but in February, get back to me.

:facepalm: There isnt anyone in the world who can prevent wade or rose from getting there shots, but for some reason Iman Shumpert is going to change everything? Your acting like he's going to revolutionize perimeter defence. I saw this guy play in their pre season game and I was very impressed but come on some of you Knick fans are making me hope he fails.

kjoke
12-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Def. Thunder

Hawkize31
12-18-2011, 10:19 PM

The Heat demolished that team in the ECF. And they got better with Battier. This logic isn't very sound imo.

VinceCarter
12-18-2011, 10:24 PM
The Heat demolished that team in the ECF. And they got better with Battier. This logic isn't very sound imo.

Remember we're talking about starting 5s only.

Bubba313
12-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Woah, lets simmer down.

His rookie year, Wade put up 16/4/4 on 46% shooting, while putting up 13 shots per game.

There's no chance in HELL that Shumpert is getting 13 shots per game as a rookie with Carmelo, Amare, Chandler, and Fields in the lineup.

Agreed. This is a reasoned response lol. Although I do think Shumpert will be a good player, and if the Knicks are going to be successful this season he will need to have a major impact

ManningToTyree
12-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Bulls. Every other team has a hole

roshan3ai
12-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Woah, lets simmer down.

And BDiddy now. Shumpert looks like he can ball though. He won't put up Wade stats, but I think he'll be a very good player

AntiG
12-19-2011, 01:04 AM
Bulls. Every other team has a hole

Boozer is not a hole?

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-19-2011, 01:23 AM
Does anyone else have 2 out of the 5 starting players that are in the top 3? Didnt think so. HEAT

Evolution23
12-19-2011, 01:25 AM
Does anyone else have 2 out of the 5 starting players that are in the top 3? Didnt think so. HEAT

yeah but the Heat have big holes at the center and point guard position.

HuRRiCaNeS324
12-19-2011, 01:28 AM

Wow the hype around Shumpert's defense is ridiculous. Mind you, all it just comes from Knicks fans. No one makes Rose or Wade disappear, what makes you think a rookie will?

Maybe because since they havent had a legitimate defender in years they get all excited...

yfern328
12-19-2011, 01:30 AM
Woah, lets simmer down.

Not true. You are forgetting that on that '03-'04 Heat team, Dwayne Wade was playing with Lamar Odom and Eddie Jones, aka guys that were not commanding double teams the way Carmelo, Amar'e and Chandler will command. Add Baron Davis into the fold, and it's going to be tough to decide who to leave open.

The point is more often than not, Shumpert is going to be open, a luxury Mr. Wade did not have. So while you may need 13 shots a game to put up those numbers, if we water it down a tad, and dial the expectations to 12-15PPG, I would say one can expect the guy to make most of his shots if he's OPEN and/or FED EASY SHOTS. Again, the guy put up the numbers in limited action in a preseason game. It's a one game sample size, and you are correct, he will not be getting 13 shots per game, but he will get his opportunities. That said, he can give you the assists, rebounding, and more steals. I'm telling you just wait and see, the kid will put up DWade's rookie stats minus 2-3 points, that's not as unreasonable as some of you may think.

The whole DWade comparison was not to say he's going to be putting up Wade stats in the future, it was for you to understand the type of game he has and how that contributes to what we already have on the Knicks roster. But from a stat sheet perspective he can put up Wade's rookie stats with a tad less scoring. People want to dismiss him because he's a rookie, but he has unquestionable talent, and a great work ethic. Again, I don't often praise unproven guys, but this guy is legit, and he will prove all you wrong in the near future. Also you act as if he won't get the opportunity to shoot. There's room for a 3rd option on this team, and he can be it. Chauncey was averaging 17PPG with the Knicks; there's room for the 3rd option.

yfern328
12-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Wow the hype around Shumpert's defense is ridiculous. Mind you, all it just comes from Knicks fans. No one makes Rose or Wade disappear, what makes you think a rookie will?

Maybe because since they havent had a legitimate defender in years they get all excited...

No one thought DeSean Stevenson would shut down King LeBron James, but he did. Just wait until the match-up happens and you will understand what I'm talking about. I'm not saying guys like Wade and Rose won't score, but you will see them being visibly frustrated and trying a lot more than they would. Fact is, certain guys in the NBA will score no matter who they face, that includes people like Wade/Rose/Kobe/Durant etc. But good defenders make these guys take the harder shots, and if you can do that and limit their game as a whole, you take away from the flow of the team. Iman can be that defender. He's not going to stop Rose from getting 15-20 points a game, but he can certainly prevent him from getting 30, and dishing assists out to his teammates.