PDA

View Full Version : Did the Lakers or Stern screw the Clips for Gordon?

shep33
12-14-2011, 10:11 PM
This is interesting, because as a Laker fan, I have not heard really any rumors on who we were going to deal in these "renewed" CP3 talks. Nothing came of structure over the past day or so.

I guess what I'm asking is do you guys think the Lakers did this to drive up the price of Cp3, because realistically without trading Bynum they weren't gonna get him.

Or do you think this was all Stern and the Clips just caving? Which i find interesting since the Clips were so focused on keeping both Gordon and the Minny pick... they let both of them go for some strange reason.

I don't think the Clips should've involved both those assets. Stein said they gave up their top 4 assets in getting CP3... should've atleast held onto that Minny pick... could've been Jeremy Lamb, Harrison Barnes, or any other top player in the draft.

xxplayerxx23
12-14-2011, 10:14 PM
I think it was the clippers caving, they wanted him they wanted to make a big move they did it would of been so great to keep gordan but they think Griffen and paul could be there franchise and will start to build around them two

Raph12
12-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Are you crazy? CP3 for EG is a deal and then some, if CP3 can stay healthy, he is better than EG could dream to be.

shep33
12-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Are you crazy? CP3 for EG is a deal and then some, if CP3 can stay healthy, he is better than EG could dream to be.

No questioin Cp3 is better, but think about this. The Clips could've atleast kept that Minny pick... that would've been a stud in this draft (even though I have hopes for Minny this year)... but could you imagine if that was a top 5 pick? Harrison Barnes, Jeremy Lamb, Austin Rivers....

Rivera
12-14-2011, 10:19 PM
if anything david stern screwed the lakers because they lost cp3 and lamar odom

Raph12
12-14-2011, 10:25 PM
No questioin Cp3 is better, but think about this. The Clips could've atleast kept that Minny pick... that would've been a stud in this draft (even though I have hopes for Minny this year)... but could you imagine if that was a top 5 pick? Harrison Barnes, Jeremy Lamb, Austin Rivers....

Agreed but his talents would be wasted on the Clippers, they don't need anymore young guys, now they just need a couple of veteran role players... Blake's progress and CP3's health will decide their fate.

Chronz
12-14-2011, 10:30 PM
We are the same ol Clips, we gave up the farm for a small declining PG on a bumknee

justinnum1
12-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Stern was able to pull off a much much better deal

NBA_Starter
12-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Owners

tmacmamba
12-14-2011, 10:44 PM
I think it was the clippers caving, they wanted him they wanted to make a big move they did it would of been so great to keep gordan but they think Griffen and paul could be there franchise and will start to build around them two

No way the Clippers caved, It was the league that made them give up Eric Gordon they really wanted to keep him. I don't think people know just how good Eric Gordon can be this kid will be a Superstar! Great trade by the Hornets.

shep33
12-14-2011, 10:44 PM
We are the same ol Clips, we gave up the farm for a small declining PG on a bumknee

Chronz... I agree, I love CP3, and I've been trying to get this out to people, statistically he's dropped in each of the past 3 years, plus that knee is an issue, plus this may last only 2 years.

More than anything, I hate how they gave up basically their top 4 realistic trade assets. What I really don't get is why get Billups then? He would've been perfect for this team right now.

Chronz
12-14-2011, 10:47 PM
We have nothing but PG's in a league full of them so whos going to want one?

S-Dot
12-14-2011, 10:47 PM
Nick Young is a proven scorer, and he is from the California area. I think the clips should try to sign him for scoring.

blastmasta26
12-14-2011, 10:49 PM
We have nothing but PG's in a league full of them so whos going to want one?
The Knicks. :)

MackShock
12-14-2011, 10:50 PM
more than fair in my opinion...that minny pick is the kicker

Chronz
12-14-2011, 10:52 PM
The Knicks. :)

You guys aint giving up Fields for Mo