PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard: "Trade Me or Lose Me"

JordansBulls
12-14-2011, 09:30 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/12/14/2636542/howard-trade-me-or-lose-me

In an updated version of his story on the collapse of the Dwight Howard talks, Adrian Wojnarowski writes that Dwight Howard has warned the Magic that unless they trade him, they will lose him for nothing, in effect reminding the franchise of what happened 15 years ago when Shaquille O'Neal left Orlando without compensation.

"Howard has warned the Magic if they don’t move him by the March 15 trade deadline, they’ll lose him for nothing in free agency," wrote Woj. "Howard told the Magic again on Wednesday that he wanted a trade, a league source said". Woj quoted a source as saying, "Dwight’s not a happy camper."

Apparently, the Nets offer was rejected by Magic ownership.

Woj also added details on the Nets offer. New Jersey would have sent Brook Lopez, Gerald Wallace, Jordan Farmar and a first-round draft pick to Orlando. The Nets also would have taken on Chris Duhon and Hedo Turkoglu. The Blazers would have received four draft picks for Wallace. Sam Amick said that Johan Petro was also headed for Orlando.

airronijordan
12-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Dwight is getting annoying lately. Stop changing your mind!

bovice163
12-14-2011, 09:31 PM
Still better than what LeBron did. I'm really not phased by all the demands of these superstar players anymore. I really don't care where he ends up, as long as this fiasco is over.

Evolution23
12-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Is this guy is bipolar or what? No way he will make it in Brooklyn. Media will kill him.
He needs to stay in a smaller market.

MTar786
12-14-2011, 09:32 PM
"trade me to the lakers or lose me"

Brad IBCB
12-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Douchebag.

jkiddvc20
12-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Is this guy is bipolar or what? No way he will make it in Brooklyn. Media will kill him.
He needs to stay in a smaller market.

He was just trying to save face by saying he might stay

Everyone knows he wants out of Orlando and the sooner he is gone the better it is for all parties involved

I am Smart
12-14-2011, 09:34 PM
I thought I watched an interview in which he was saying "I want to be in Orlando"

VinceCarter
12-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Well now the Magic better suck it up and trade him really soon before his value starts dropping. If he is traded at the deadline they are not going to get what they can get now.

MTar786
12-14-2011, 09:36 PM
its irritating when guys complain about these players having too much power. All they are doing is helping their team by saying listen.. im not going to re-sign here. so i dont mind helping u out by letting you trade me. but in return for that i would like to tell you which teams i would want you to send me to.

VinceCarter
12-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Also I heard Otis Smith was ready to sign off on the Nets deal but the CEO of the Magic said no. :facepalm:

Confusious
12-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Well now the Magic better suck it up and trade him really soon before his value starts dropping. If he is traded at the deadline they are not going to get what they can get now.
They don't want Brook Lopez now or at the trade deadline. :laugh2:

Evolution23
12-14-2011, 09:38 PM

Everyone knows he wants out of Orlando and the sooner he is gone the better it is for all parties involved

I know he wants out but he makes statements like "my heart is in Orlando." I just want him to stick to his word instead of flip-flopping.

Evolution23
12-14-2011, 09:39 PM
I thought I watched an interview in which he was saying "I want to be in Orlando"

is that Obama in ur sig? :laugh:

5ass
12-14-2011, 09:40 PM
wtf?

nycericanguy
12-14-2011, 09:41 PM
wait, POR gets FOUR picks for Wallace? damn...lol

xxplayerxx23
12-14-2011, 09:42 PM
does La panic and offer bynum and pau Or Does NJ Get him with the five first rounders

VinceCarter
12-14-2011, 09:43 PM
They don't want Brook Lopez now or at the trade deadline. :laugh2:

They're not going to get Brook Lopez, Gerald Wallace, Jordan Farmar and a 1st at the deadline....

And don't under estimate Brook. He's 23 never missed a game in 3 seasons and had mono last year which could explain the lack of rebounding. He still has great potential.

HouRealCoach
12-14-2011, 09:44 PM

I know he wants out but he makes statements like "my heart is in Orlando." I just want him to stick to his word instead of flip-flopping.

I hate when players whine but It would be best for him to go to Brooklyn Nets with Deron Williams

Ty Fast
Dwight is getting annoying lately. Stop changing your mind!

he didnt change his mind. he has always wanted out of orlando.

SA5195
Wow, what's up with players now? No respect for the organizations.

kozelkid
its irritating when guys complain about these players having too much power. All they are doing is helping their team by saying listen.. im not going to re-sign here. so i dont mind helping u out by letting you trade me. but in return for that i would like to tell you which teams i would want you to send me to.

Not when he is acting like a bi-polar ****.

Bottomline Howard is a coward and is a afraid of the backlash he'll receive for this. Sorry Dwight, you can't have the cake and eat it too.

If he wants to leave that's fine, he just better realize that he won't be liked by nearly as many as before.

He cares WAY too much about being liked. If that's the case, then don't leave. Otherwise, stop screwing with the Magic and their fanbase and grow a sack.

Hustla23
12-14-2011, 09:45 PM
I'd like to see L.A. trade both Bynum and Gasol for him.

Dolfan305
12-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Dwight is being seriously bipolar. Didn't he just say that he might want to stay in Orlando? He is just playing with the Magics, and all their players and fans. All Lebron did was wait until free agency and then looked at his options and chose what was best for him. Yes, the "decision" was a bad move, but it was more of his PR and ESPNs idea and it still raised millions for charity. Yet Lebron gets 10x more hate than Howard. I don't get it.

DaVille
12-14-2011, 09:46 PM
multiple personality disorder. Disingenuous, liar, insincere...

MFFL==FML
12-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Brendan Haywood + Shawn Marion + Dominique Jones + 2 future 1st for Dwight Howard. :hide:

beliges
12-14-2011, 09:48 PM
does La panic and offer bynum and pau Or Does NJ Get him with the five first rounders

I dont think LA needs to panic. THey have the only valuable piece between Nets and Lakers and its Bynum. I was always under the impression Lopez was not gonna get a deal done for Dwight. Why the hell do you trade Dwight Howard for a bunch of picks and Lopez? Not gonna happen. Its obvious Dwight does not want to stay and the fact that Orlando stated they wont trade Dwight today is posturing and gaining leverage. But in the end, the only replaceable piece for Dwight is Bynum. The Lakers might need to involve a 3rd team in this to add another piece or draft picks to Orlando, but Bynum plus LA's picks and the one they got from Dallas will most likely be enough to get this done. With that said, Orlando will be patient for the next week or so. No need to rush into a deal if youre the Magic because these same offers will be there in a week or two. But I am willing to bet the Magic want this ordeal over and done with by the time the season starts.

KB-Pau-DH2012
Lakers trade: Andrew Bynum, Devin Ebanks, Steve Blake, 2012 1st rd pick (From Dallas), Vujacic TPE, Odom TPE

Magic trade: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu

Just do it already Mitch & Otis !!!!!!

ManRam
Hi bipolarness/inability to be sincere is ****ing with me.

One second I want him to stay, even if it's just for the start of the season, and then the next second he'll say something, either blunt like this or subtle (like blaming everyone but him for the team's failures/him being "forced" forced to leave).

I'm back at just wanting him gone and moving on with everything.

lvlheaded
12-14-2011, 09:49 PM
This guys is gonna get killed by the NY media, he doesn't seem to handle himself well in the media. That said, he is stills beast and is gonna perform wherever he goes, I assume BK

DoubleDragon
12-14-2011, 09:50 PM
"trade me to the lakers or lose me"

:cheers::hi5::rock:

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Hi bipolarness/inability to be sincere is ****ing with me.

One second I want him to stay, even if it's just for the start of the season, and then the next second he'll say something, either blunt like this or subtle (like blaming everyone but him for the team's failures/him being "forced" forced to leave).

I'm back at just wanting him gone and moving on with everything.

From your previous reply to me, looks like Dwight's not the only bipolar one here. ;)

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Brendan Haywood + Shawn Marion + Dominique Jones + 2 future 1st for Dwight Howard. :hide:

:laugh::puke:

JordansBulls
12-14-2011, 09:52 PM

Considering his age, you do what you can to lock him up.

DaBear
12-14-2011, 09:53 PM
I wish NBA owners had the ability to franchise tag their players. :clap:

ManRam
From your previous reply to me, looks like Dwight's not the only bipolar one here. ;)

I am. I admitted that...

"His bi-polarness is ****ing with me".

Evolution23
I think I know what the Magic thought process is here. They want the Nets to fall in the rankings early in the season and then make the trade at the deadline. That way they get higher lottery picks.

ManRam
12-14-2011, 09:54 PM

I wish they did too. A simple way to make all these guys shut the **** up and stop holding their team hostage...

DaBear
12-14-2011, 09:55 PM
I wish they did too. A simple way to make all these guys shut the **** up and stop holding their team hostage...

Which is why NFL > NBA

5ass
12-14-2011, 09:57 PM
I am. I admitted that...

dont believe anything said if its not coming straight out of Howards mouth

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I am. I admitted that...

I'm sorry brah, I feel for ya.

xxplayerxx23
12-14-2011, 10:02 PM
I dont think LA needs to panic. THey have the only valuable piece between Nets and Lakers and its Bynum. I was always under the impression Lopez was not gonna get a deal done for Dwight. Why the hell do you trade Dwight Howard for a bunch of picks and Lopez? Not gonna happen. Its obvious Dwight does not want to stay and the fact that Orlando stated they wont trade Dwight today is posturing and gaining leverage. But in the end, the only replaceable piece for Dwight is Bynum. The Lakers might need to involve a 3rd team in this to add another piece or draft picks to Orlando, but Bynum plus LA's picks and the one they got from Dallas will most likely be enough to get this done. With that said, Orlando will be patient for the next week or so. No need to rush into a deal if youre the Magic because these same offers will be there in a week or two. But I am willing to bet the Magic want this ordeal over and done with by the time the season starts.

well this years draft is so deep with potential Stars, having 2 picks this year and 3 future picks Plus a 23 year old center who has the potental to be a star and Is already a good scorer, why not Bynum is injury prone and Gasol is up there. they need to rebuild So for rebuilding the nets offer is better,

Dade County
lakers trade: Andrew bynum, devin ebanks, steve blake, 2012 1st rd pick (from dallas), vujacic tpe, odom tpe

magic trade: Dwight howard, hedo turkoglu

just do it already mitch & otis !!!!!!

no:(

metsfanssince05
Ok Dwight is getting annoying... He's starting to get on my bad side.. ****ing decide what you want to do.. Either leave or stay.

Dade County
12-14-2011, 10:04 PM
i wish nba owners had the ability to franchise tag their players. :clap:

no

ManRam
12-14-2011, 10:04 PM
dont believe anything said if its not coming straight out of Howards mouth

I dont believe anything coming from his mouth either...especially when he says he wants to stay...

Raph12
12-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Well he's gone then... Game over.

DaVille
12-14-2011, 10:07 PM
How much money Dwight loses in Free-Agency? He is in no position to be dictating to anyone. Magic have him by the balls. Leave and lose tens of millions $ future earnings.

John Walls Era
12-14-2011, 10:11 PM
And this is the guy who hates on Lebron???

LOOTERX9
12-14-2011, 10:11 PM
Orlando is in serious denial. They will fall hard and it will be a mess this season. Get rid of Howard now you stalkers

GREATNESS ONE
12-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Here we go Again !!!!!

marj987
12-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Damn how many players gonna ***** about were they go? Billups, Fernandez, or Dwight god damn just play the game mean and be patient...

Raph12
12-14-2011, 10:13 PM
How much money Dwight loses in Free-Agency? He is in no position to be dictating to anyone. Magic have him by the balls. Leave and lose tens of millions $ future earnings.

Dwight leads all players in endorsements (including Lebron), he'd go to play with DWill and Dirk in Dallas for a bit less money than resign with the Magic... He has them by the balls, not the other way around.

last stand
12-14-2011, 10:16 PM
the lakers can have him whenever they want, just have to give up bynum and pau. we'll have to wait and see if they become willing to do that

ThuglifeJ
12-14-2011, 10:16 PM
What a p.o.s.

benzni
12-14-2011, 10:20 PM
wait, POR gets FOUR picks for Wallace? damn...lol

4 1st round picks. I know

ThuglifeJ
I feel bad the guy had to go through high school to make millions of dollars...dam lifes tough

bulls_world23
:facepalm:

trade him to cleveland

TheRazorboy
12-14-2011, 10:22 PM
It's amazing how quickly Dwight has taken the enormous good will he had from NBA fans across the country and set it ablaze. At best he's coming across as a petulant sniveling baby, at worst someone who may have deep-set psychological issues. I swear he needs an independently employed advisor to wake him up to irreparable damage he's doing he's doing himself in the eyes of the masses.

TheRomanGod
12-14-2011, 10:24 PM
he should go to DC. McGee + Young + Booker and 2 first rounders should do it.

Wall + Dwight = CP3 + Blake

Bulls_fan90
12-14-2011, 10:24 PM
STFU Dwight. Show a little respect to the Magic fans and the organization you *****.

Teeboy1487
12-14-2011, 10:26 PM
That would prolong the inevitable. A year from now, we would be back to this same drama. I think the best route is to trade him at this point. What I don't like is he has limited the Magic's trade options by stating who he would only re-sign with. I think there should be a rule change.

That once a player is traded then the team that receives that player has the option to add 1-3 years on that player's current contract. A "Franchise tag" sort of contract but for the extended years. That should be a mandatory option.

That way, more teams could have a shot at him therefore more packages offered without fear of him walking. To me, once he demands a trade, it should be out of his hands. He should have no say in where he wants to go. My idea may stink though but I'm sick of these players abusing this system.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 10:28 PM
If Orlando does not want the Melo situation all over again with their organization, fans and players...TRADE DWIGHT TO LA LAKERS BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!!!

kendawg73
12-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Lakers trade: Andrew Bynum, Devin Ebanks, Steve Blake, 2012 1st rd pick (From Dallas), Vujacic TPE, Odom TPE

Magic trade: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu

Just do it already Mitch & Otis !!!!!!

You do know Odom was already traded to the Mavericks?

jrm2054
12-14-2011, 10:29 PM
I don't understand the hate and people who say these stars need to be loyal to the team that drafted them for giving them a chance. D12 for example was the number 1 pick he doesn't own the magic every team wanted him it's not like he was a undrafted free agent. If i was a superstar and i played for a team where management didn't put me in position to win i would want out to. I would want to go team up with other stars and win rings. **** what fans think, because wherever he ends up those fans will love him.

Bulls_fan90
12-14-2011, 10:30 PM

You realize he said the Odom TPE not Odom :facepalm:

ManRam
12-14-2011, 10:30 PM

He said "Odom TPE".

However, TPE's (unless I'm missing some new rule) can only be involved in single player deals...which this would not be.

xxplayerxx23
12-14-2011, 10:32 PM
He said "Odom TPE".

However, TPE's (unless I'm missing some new rule) can only be involved in single player deals...which this would not be.

As a Magic fan which trade you would you rather have, Bynum and Gasol for howard with the TPE, or Lopez Fillers and 5 first rounders including Houstons 2012 pick?

AddiX
12-14-2011, 10:32 PM
D12 doesn't owe the magic anything, he played his contract and the magic have the choice to get something for him, or not.

I know it's sad for the franchise, but there's nothing unfair about it.

In my eyes it's a foregone conclusion he ends up with the lakers anyway. No where else to go really.

SteBO
12-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Dwight needs to be quiet already.....He's stating something that everyone and their mothers know already. I really hope ORL gets some damn good compensation for him and get rid of this clown already........

smiddy012
12-14-2011, 10:33 PM
He wants to be traded, but he will only sign an extension on only three teams??? He wants to eat his cake and have it too.

I'm sorry but DH is ****ing over Orlando's future if he keeps this stance. None of the three teams can even field a decent offer.

ManRam
12-14-2011, 10:34 PM
I don't understand the hate and people who say these stars need to be loyal to the team that drafted them for giving them a chance. D12 for example was the number 1 pick he doesn't own the magic every team wanted him it's not like he was a undrafted free agent. If i was a superstar and i played for a team where management didn't put me in position to win i would want out to. I would want to go team up with other stars and win rings. **** what fans think, because wherever he ends up those fans will love him.

I'm not upset because I think he "owes" us anything...let alone more years.

I'm upset he's holding the team hostage, make demands, being disingenuous and ruining team chemistry. If you want a trade, say so, shut up, and let the team do what's best for the team. You're under contract, you're a player...you're not the GM and you have no right to make the demands he's making.

That's my problem. It's childish, selfish and unprofessional.

He owes us nothing...except to act professional, honor his contract, not act above the team, and not to hold us hostage with his personal/selfish demands. He has every right to want to leave...he has no right to be this disruptive and unprofessional.

Teeboy1487
12-14-2011, 10:36 PM
As a Magic fan which trade you would you rather have, Bynum and Gasol for howard with the TPE, or Lopez Fillers and 5 first rounders including Houstons 2012 pick?
Hell no. No way in hell I want the Lakers to give up two bigs for one. That's a horrible trade for us. I would be done as a Lakers fan if that happens. We already lost Odom for a bag of Doritos. If we do that trade then we are only left with Kobe, Dwight, and scrubs. Horrible trade for the Lakers imo.

akagiredsuns
12-14-2011, 10:37 PM

Please stop ridiculously overvaluing Bynum. :rolleyes: He has been injury prone for most of his career and you make it seem like he's a Top 5 Center. :confused: Please. It's a joke. :laugh: ORL would be STUPID to take Bynum, knowing any little injury & he'll be out for a significant amount of time.The guy can't stay healthy. Give it up already. :facepalm:

ManRam
12-14-2011, 10:37 PM
I don't want Bynum AND Gasol...

I don't want Gasol at all...even despite how good he is. I have no desire to be a 6-8 seed for the next 4-5 years. Getting Gasol would guarantee that. He's a huge contract with no ceiling...and he's not young.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 10:38 PM

Odom TPE is not Odom. Please read carefully next time.

arkanian215
12-14-2011, 10:39 PM

I don't want Gasol at all...even despite how good he is. I have no desire to be a 6-8 seed for the next 4-5 years. Getting Gasol would guarantee that. He's a huge contract with no ceiling...and he's not young.

So get him and trade him...

SteBO
12-14-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm not upset because I think he "owes" us anything...let alone more years.

I'm upset he's holding the team hostage, make demands, being disingenuous and ruining team chemistry. If you want a trade, say so, shut up, and let the team do what's best for the team. You're under contract, you're a player...you're not the GM and you have no right to make the demands he's making.

That's my problem. It's childish, selfish and unprofessional.

He owes us nothing...except to act professional, honor his contract, not act above the team, and not to hold us hostage with his personal/selfish demands. He has every right to want to leave...he has no right to be this disruptive and unprofessional.
It's really as simple as this, which is why I'm still puzzled to hear that this is still much better than what LeBron did to get to where he is now. That's laughable.

I never really entertained this notion at first, but I'm starting to agree with someone(kozelkid I think it was) who said that he tries very hard to act like how Shaq was in his heyday; always trying to be funny in public, act the way he's acting behind closed doors; Lakers seeming to be a place he's like to go the most(from what I hear all the time anyways). It's becoming so obvious to me, it's embarassing.

Hangtime
12-14-2011, 10:42 PM
None of these stars want to spend another precious year of their primes playing for a team that is going no where or in the process of rebuilding or simply don't have the pieces to compete with the Miami Heats of the league. It's super team or bust. That's the league we live in now. Dwight knows that Orlando team as it is now is garbage and it aint goin no where.

kobebabe
Magic will be better served with this guy off their roster. He is a disruption to the team and they will not be able to focus with this dude in their face. Bring him on to LA before we sign him in summer anyways

kendawg73
Odom TPE is not Odom. Please read carefully next time.

My bad, went back and read it. Just seen Odom and well...you know :facepalm:

D Roses Bulls
Jesus, I am sick of Howard. Just stfu already. This probably was the most well liked guy in the NBA where no one could really say anything bad bout him, but jesus, he will be as hated as Lebron if he doesn't stay.

smiddy012
Hell no. No way in hell I want the Lakers to give up two bigs for one. That's a horrible trade for us. I would be done as a Lakers fan if that happens. We already lost Odom for a bag of Doritos. If we do that trade then we are only left with Kobe, Dwight, and scrubs. Horrible trade for the Lakers imo.

It bewilders me so greatly when Lakers fans value an over-the-hill Gasol and a plexiglass Bynum over one of the best centers this game has ever seen...

IAmARanger18
12-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Just trade the guy to the Nets already!

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 10:43 PM

If you're okay with Bynum and don't want Gasol, what would be an acceptable trade for you?

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 10:44 PM
My bad, went back and read it. Just seen Odom and well...you know :facepalm:

All good.

kendawg73
12-14-2011, 10:44 PM
But teams cannot combine an exception with a player to acquire a more expensive player. In other words, a team cannot trade the $7 million exception and a player due to make $10 million to receive a player who is due to make $17 million.

S-Dot
12-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Nets and Lakers are definitely biting their nails. Still not sold on giving up Pau and Bynum for Dwight.

Not sure why Chicago is not in his long-term goals, but Derrick Rose needs to call up Dwight and try to sway him.

kozelkid
It's really as simple as this, which is why I'm still puzzled to hear that this is still much better than what LeBron did to get to where he is now. That's laughable.

I never really entertained this notion at first, but I'm starting to agree with someone(kozelkid I think it was) who said that he tries very hard to act like how Shaq was in his heyday; always trying to be funny in public, act the way he's acting behind closed doors; Lakers seeming to be a place he's like to go the most(from what I hear all the time anyways). It's becoming so obvious to me, it's embarassing.

:nod:

Honestly, my stance on this is very simple.

While I wish Lebron was honest to Cleveland and would have least given them a warning so they could at least get something for him, he wasn't at least jerking them around.

I'd have no problem with this if Howard acted like a man, went up to the management and said he wanted to be traded to either x,y,z or he's gone. That's the best he could. None of this cowardly BS where he's too scared that fans will dislike him.

smiddy012
Just trade the guy to the Nets already!

Howard would doom two franchises in one fell swoop :rolleyes:

ManRam
12-14-2011, 10:47 PM
If you're okay with Bynum and don't want Gasol, what would be an acceptable trade for you?

Getting a third or fourth team involved. There's literally nothing else on LA besides Bynum that I value :shrug: No disrespect, but they have a lot of veterans a rebuilding team doesn't want, and their few young players aren't terribly valuable either.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Getting a third or fourth team involved. There's literally nothing else on LA besides Bynum that I value :shrug: No disrespect, but they have a lot of veterans a rebuilding team doesn't want, and their few young players aren't terribly valuable either.

From following any rumors and what, do you know of any other young players of other teams that your GM values?

kendawg73
12-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Nets and Lakers are definitely biting their nails. Still not sold on giving up Pau and Bynum for Dwight.

Not sure why Chicago is not in his long-term goals, but Derrick Rose needs to call up Dwight and try to sway him.

Rose won't call players to come to Chicago.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/derrick-rose-wont-recruit-for-the-bulls/

S-Dot
12-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Rose won't call players to come to Chicago.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/derrick-rose-wont-recruit-for-the-bulls/

I love the fact that he's humble and believes in his team, but he has to break the silence.

kendawg73
12-14-2011, 10:52 PM
I love the fact that he's humble and believes in his team, but he has to break the silence.

What gets me is Howard and Boozer are supposed to be really good friends, and Boozer hasn't even called him.

TylerSL
12-14-2011, 10:52 PM
wow, what he is doing is way worse than what Lebron did.......

Teeboy1487
12-14-2011, 10:53 PM
It bewilders me so greatly when Lakers fans value an over-the-hill Gasol and a plexiglass Bynum over one of the best centers this game has ever seen...

They won two championships together. The proof is in the pudding. One bad year last year does not prove anything. They are not horrible, that's for sure. Giving up Gasol and Bynum is not worth Howard to me. Kobe, Bynum, and Gasol > Kobe and Dwight. I value "team" over individual talent. Dwight is by far a better player than both of them but together, I feel like the lakers would have a much better team if they keep Bynum and Gasol. I don't want Dwight. No thanks.

ManRam
12-14-2011, 10:54 PM
From following any rumors and what, do you know of any other young players of other teams that your GM values?

Not really. Otis is pretty quiet and reserved.

I do know what Dwight wants...he makes that clear EVERY ****ING DAY.

Lakerfrk
12-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Same deal as the Nets, but sub the Lakers in for the Nets, and Andrew Bynum in for Brook Lopez....

ManRam
12-14-2011, 10:55 PM

We said this about Dwight, LeBron, Kobe etc. early in their careers. Wait til Rose hits some adversity. I do think he's a stand up guy, but I've felt that about a ton of players before.

S-Dot
12-14-2011, 10:55 PM
What gets me is Howard and Boozer are supposed to be really good friends, and Boozer hasn't even called him.

Boozer knows he's gone if they get Dwight more than likely. Not sure how attracted Chicago will be to Boozer or Noah's contract though, but its better than losing Dwight for nothing.

J4KOP99
12-14-2011, 10:57 PM
My only question is, why would you trade Howard in-conference?

Sending him to the Nets would only make Orlando's life harder... what future would they be building for? 10 years from now...?

I think the Lakers, if they can find one more team, will provide the best package and the smartest option for the Magic.

--The lakers wont be able to pull it off alone.

TheRazorboy
12-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Not sure how attracted Chicago will be to Boozer or Noah's contract though, but its better than losing Dwight for nothing.

Lose Dwight for nothing or take Boozer in a trade? It's debatable which is better.

S-Dot
12-14-2011, 10:58 PM
We said this about Dwight, LeBron, Kobe etc. early in their careers. Wait til Rose hits some adversity. I do think he's a stand up guy, but I've felt that about a ton of players before.

You may be right. I just don't think he knows any better right now. Just playing hard every game, which you can respect.

kendawg73
12-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Boozer knows he's gone if they get Dwight more than likely. Not sure how attracted Chicago will be to Boozer or Noah's contract though, but its better than losing Dwight for nothing.

All the trade rumors I heard for Howard was...Noah, Taj or Asik, and Deng and Charlotte's 1st round pick.

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Why is something this big only sourced by one person? Why is this not sourced by Espn, yahoo, of the magic insiders? Why is there only one source to him saying this? Made up? More than likely

D1JM
12-14-2011, 11:00 PM

rose is a chi town boy so i doubt it. rose isn't going to tell the media too that he talked to howard without disrespecting his current teammates. same with boozer.

boozer and howard have sleep overs so i doubt boozer hasnt talked to howard about his situation.

kendawg73
12-14-2011, 11:02 PM
rose is a chi town boy so i doubt it. rose isn't going to tell the media too that he talked to howard without disrespecting his current teammates. same with boozer.

boozer and howard have sleep overs so i doubt boozer hasnt talked to howard about his situation.

So that's how Boozer broke his hand...:D

strahan92osi72
The real loser in all the CP3 stuff was the Nets because getting CP3 would make the Lakers steer clear of Dwight. The only reason they haven't been as active in the Dwight sweepstakes is because they were focused on CP3. Now Dwight is their main focus and they have urgency to complete a deal with CP3 going to the Clips, plus they have a better package to offer.

TylerSL

:confused:

J4KOP99
All the trade rumors I heard for Howard was...Noah, Taj or Asik, and Deng and Charlotte's 1st round pick.

Once again, then Orlando would be making an already strong Eastern Conference team even stronger...

They would be doing so for a return of Noah (a very solid player but nobody you would build around), Taj Gibson (solid player...) and Luol Deng( a very good player but not good enough to make a huge difference for Orlando.

The draft pick is the only interesting piece. Does Chicago already have that pick?

S-Dot

That's not that bad for Orlando when you look at it. Especially if Chi-town takes Hedo's contract. Rose/Boozer or whoever in Chicago needs to call Dwight or his agent ASAP.

QUICKTRADE
12-14-2011, 11:04 PM
good luck he doesnt want chicago at all. he rather stay in nj than in chicago

S-Dot
12-14-2011, 11:04 PM
Once again, then Orlando would be making an already strong Eastern Conference team even stronger...

They would be doing so for a return of Noah (a very solid player but nobody you would build around), Taj Gibson (solid player...) and Luol Deng( a very good player but not good enough to make a huge difference for Orlando.

The draft pick is the only interesting piece. Does Chicago already have that pick?

I believe so..for the tyrus thomas deal way back when

kendawg73
12-14-2011, 11:06 PM

It's a protected 2012 pick.

kendawg73
12-14-2011, 11:09 PM
good luck he doesnt want chicago at all. he rather stay in nj than in chicago

It may sound like me being a homer, but Chicago seems like the best place. The Bulls went to the ECF and lost to the Heat. Howard going to the Bulls, I think would give them the upper hand in the EC, and favorites in the Finals.

seikou8
12-14-2011, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=rapjuicer06;20127888]Why is something this big only sourced by one person? Why is this not sourced by Espn, yahoo, of the magic insiders? Why is there only one source to him saying this? Made up? More than likely[/QUOTE

thank you people believe anything on online did dwight say all of this did he make all of this rumors. come on stop being so dumb :facepalm:

D1JM
:confused:

“If he does become available, the Orlando Magic will certainly express some level of interest,” Kennedy wrote. “In the past, Dwight Howard has made it very clear to Otis Smith that he wants to play with Boozer and it's no secret that the two are best friends. They even stay at each other's houses during the offseason. With the Magic trying to do anything they can to keep Howard happy, they would have to make a play for Boozer should he become available.”

same **** as sleepovers. i bet they do big *** tents and tell scary eddy curry stories to each other

rapjuicer06
**** Chicago, they dont have **** to trade

J4KOP99
12-14-2011, 11:12 PM
It may sound like me being a homer, but Chicago seems like the best place. The Bulls went to the ECF and lost to the Heat. Howard going to the Bulls, I think would give them the upper hand in the EC, and favorites in the Finals.

And for the bolded reasons, we also see the reasons as to why Orlando shouldn't want to do the deal.

kendawg73
12-14-2011, 11:13 PM
and for the bolded reasons, we also see the reasons as to why orlando shouldn't want to do the deal.

:d

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 11:14 PM
same **** as sleepovers. i bet they do big *** tents and tell scary eddy curry stories to each other

Something like, hey what did the fans say about you today? Hahaha you suck too? You're a douche as well? Ahh man, I wish I could stay in Orlando where every fan is calling me a coward, douche, ****ing dick...love it...

Orlando fans are ****ing ridiculous...Leave the man alone. If you were stuck at a dead end job, where you don't see much advancement, why in the **** would you stay at that job? Jesus...people are ****ing ridiculous.

kendawg73
12-14-2011, 11:14 PM
And for the bolded reasons, we also see the reasons as to why Orlando shouldn't want to do the deal.

true :D

bmd1101
12-14-2011, 11:15 PM
He will end up a defeated man if he ends up in a big market, he can't even handle the media in Orlando as we seen last year in his blowup over the local media with the trade rumors and speculation.

OC Knights #11
12-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Piece of ****....these cocky, trashy players can go start their own league.

D1JM
12-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Something like, hey what did the fans say about you today? Hahaha you suck too? You're a douche as well? Ahh man, I wish I could stay in Orlando where every fan is calling me a coward, douche, ****ing dick...love it...

Orlando fans are ****ing ridiculous...Leave the man alone. If you were stuck at a dead end job, where you don't see much advancement, why in the **** would you stay at that job? Jesus...people are ****ing ridiculous.

:laugh2:

howard isn't getting traded anytime soon. eventually he'll get traded to the lakers or nets, but it may take all season

OaklandsFinest
12-14-2011, 11:19 PM

Worked wonders for Carson Palmer, T.O., Chad Johnson, Chris Johnson, Desean Jackson etc...

beliges
12-14-2011, 11:20 PM

This will surely take a 3rd team to make it happen, but in all honesty, Bynum really is a very good player and will get much better if he is the #1 or #2 option. He is a 19-10 type of player if given the playing time and opportunity. He is also a very solid defensive anchor in the paint. Look, hes no Dwight Howard. Thats for sure, but he is the very best next thing. Hes a true 7 footer. People on this site like to undervalue and underrate him. BUt if you are an Orlando fan which I assume you are, you shouldnt be pissed or sad at the fact that you lose Dwight for Bynum. Obviously its a downgrade, but the man really is a very good player and will become an all-star center in the league next year. But you are right, it will take a 3rd team to make this deal happen. But believe me, if it does happen, Orlando will not fall off much at all.

TheRazorboy
12-14-2011, 11:22 PM
This will surely take a 3rd team to make it happen, but in all honesty, Bynum really is a very good player and will get much better if he is the #1 or #2 option.

He's also already a china doll, and logic wouldn't point to him suddenly becoming more durable with increased playing time.

DR_1
12-14-2011, 11:29 PM
No wonder they haven't traded him. That offer was one of the worst I've ever seen.

naps
12-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Still better than what LeBron did.

Ofcourse you are a Bulls fan.

TylerSL
12-14-2011, 11:39 PM

lol

TylerSL
12-14-2011, 11:44 PM

if the Bulls give Noah+Taj+Deng+Charolates 1st rounder I would argue the Heat are still better. Obviously the Bulls are good with

Rose/Watson
Rip/Korver/Brewer
Hedo/Bogans
Boozer/Scalabrine
Howard/Asik

But I think Miami is still better with

Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Miller
Lebron/Battier/Jones
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Curry

Would be a great series tho.

RLundi
12-14-2011, 11:46 PM
:shrug:

Stop crying and just play. When we find a good enough deal, we'll get him out of here. What is difficult to understand?

THE MTL
12-14-2011, 11:49 PM
With the Magic's recent acquisitions, it looks like they are prepared to go down with the sinking ship lmao.

TylerSL
12-14-2011, 11:50 PM
With the Magic's recent acquisitions, it looks like they are prepared to go down with the sinking ship lmao.

change your sig

Chill_Will_24
12-15-2011, 12:18 AM
This is a great move by ORL. Let Dwight flex his muscles all he wants. This allows ORL to have more options from the Nets. MarShon Brooks was a steal and i am sad to say he might be gone in this deal if done at the deadline. Sad really cuz rook is really passionate about this team and has crazy potential.

Good move ORL. Otis is not as stupid as he appears

Raph12
12-15-2011, 12:28 AM
if the Bulls give Noah+Taj+Deng+Charolates 1st rounder I would argue the Heat are still better. Obviously the Bulls are good with

Rose/Watson
Rip/Korver/Brewer
Hedo/Bogans
Boozer/Scalabrine
Howard/Asik

But I think Miami is still better with

Chalmers/Cole
Wade/Miller
Lebron/Battier/Jones
Bosh/Haslem
Anthony/Curry

Would be a great series tho.

Considering PG and C are their two worst positions to guard, I doubt the Heat win that series as long as Dwight gets a lot of shots...

This is all moot anyways, Dwight doesn't want to play in Chitown.

ThuglifeJ
12-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Im pretty sure that's not what otis smith is trying to do.. tip off starts in under 2 weeks. Orlando wants this **** done with but dwights a baby thinks hes gm and otis is known as a dumb rash decision making gm. Orl is busch league

S-Dot
12-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Im pretty sure that's not what otis smith is trying to do.. tip off starts in under 2 weeks. Orlando wants this **** done with but dwights a baby thinks hes gm and otis is known as a dumb rash decision making gm. Orl is busch league

I think you touch on good points. I'm not sure why Dwight thinks he's a GM all of a sudden. I know Otis Smith makes deals like there's no salary cap, but Dwight should fall back with publicly trying to be a GM. I think Otis Smith and SVG are out of Orlando shortly after Dwight goes.

ChurcH
12-15-2011, 12:34 AM
conflicted.

NYMetropolitans
12-15-2011, 12:37 AM
soooo who's next after this Howard crap is over??? God can't the NBA just go back being about basketball!

ink
12-15-2011, 12:42 AM
soooo who's next after this Howard crap is over??? God can't the NBA just go back being about basketball!

Look at where the league was just three years ago before all the *****ing and whining. They've pretty well made it through the entire "Redeem Team" roster now:

Carmelo Anthony F 6-8, 230 Denver
Carlos Boozer F 6-9, 266 Utah
Chris Bosh F 6-10, 230 Toronto
Kobe Bryant G 6-6, 205 L.A. Lakers
Dwight Howard F/C 6-11, 265 Orlando
LeBron James F 6-8, 250 Cleveland
Jason Kidd G 6-4, 210 Dallas
Chris Paul G 6-0, 175 New Orleans
Tayshaun Prince F 6-9, 215 Detroit
Michael Redd G 6-6, 215 Milwaukee
Dwyane Wade G 6-4, 216 Miami
Deron Williams G 6-3, 205 Utah

Once these jerks settle in with their new teams we'll probably see the trend die down.

Lakeshow24KB
12-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Please stop ridiculously overvaluing Bynum. :rolleyes: He has been injury prone for most of his career and you make it seem like he's a Top 5 Center. :confused: Please. It's a joke. :laugh: ORL would be STUPID to take Bynum, knowing any little injury & he'll be out for a significant amount of time.The guy can't stay healthy. Give it up already. :facepalm:

You're ridiculous. He's the best center after Dwight Howard actually. I don't see many centers putting up 12 and 10 on a consistent basis. He wasn't overvaluing him and you're undervaluing him. I'm going to laugh at you if Orlando takes the offer.

NYMetropolitans
12-15-2011, 12:46 AM
Look at where the league was just three years ago before all the *****ing and whining. They've pretty well made it through the entire "Redeem Team" roster now:

Once these jerks settle in with their new teams we'll probably see the trend die down.

Hopefully man. It's so hard to complain about as Knicks fan as it brought in Carmelo, but at the same time it's so hard to defend. Basically my mindset has just been to worry about the Knicks now and kind of smirk at all the other hoopla going on in the league.

ink
12-15-2011, 12:47 AM
You're ridiculous. He's the best center after Dwight Howard actually. I don't see many centers putting up 12 and 10 on a consistent basis. He wasn't overvaluing him and you're undervaluing him. I'm going to laugh at you if Orlando takes the offer.

Does it matter how good Bynum is (which he is) if he's consistently injured? Not really. Obviously that's why it's not so simple a deal to make with him in it.

nickdymez
12-15-2011, 12:48 AM

lmao@ your sig

GiantsSwaGG
12-15-2011, 12:50 AM
He's a classless b****. He should just rot in Orlando!

Chill_Will_24
12-15-2011, 12:50 AM

Reportedly Deron Williams has been in his ear a lot. However Dwight needs to realize the the power and leeway that the Nets give Deron is only cuz they are in desperation mode trying to keep him and add Dwight. Thats not realistic and not too many GMs outside of the Nets and Dan Gilbert let their player run the team

LA_Raiders
12-15-2011, 01:26 AM
He needs to get trade soon, Im tired of all These CP3, Howard BS...

Miami Heat
12-15-2011, 02:30 AM
Still better than what LeBron did. I'm really not phased by all the demands of these superstar players anymore. I really don't care where he ends up, as long as this fiasco is over.

how is it better than what lebron did?

lebron was a free agent.. he could have signed with any team he wanted, he completed his contract and chose a new team that he felt gave him a better chance...which he was allowed to do since he was a FREE AGENT

Dwight is forcing a trade, saying he would sign with la,nets and so on, and saying other stuff while he's STILL UNDER CONTRACT with the Magic.

Many hate the decision but it wasn't all lebrons fault, espn was hyping that up...and at least it gave a set date when lebron would pick his new team. And let's not forget it made a couple millions that was donated to a good cause.

so now please explain how what howard is doing better than what lebron did?

JordansBulls
12-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Offer Amare and Landry Fields for Dwight and Hedo.

Lakerfan In NY
12-15-2011, 05:50 PM
how is it better than what lebron did?

lebron was a free agent.. he could have signed with any team he wanted, he completed his contract and chose a new team that he felt gave him a better chance...which he was allowed to do since he was a FREE AGENT

Dwight is forcing a trade, saying he would sign with la,nets and so on, and saying other stuff while he's STILL UNDER CONTRACT with the Magic.

Many hate the decision but it wasn't all lebrons fault, espn was hyping that up...and at least it gave a set date when lebron would pick his new team. And let's not forget it made a couple millions that was donated to a good cause.

so now please explain how what howard is doing better than what lebron did?

I agree...That's justs TOO MUCH lebron hate...LBJ played his hardest during & made a decision after the season..

kozelkid
12-15-2011, 06:12 PM

For 3 years or so there should be a hiatus before the next batch (Love, Westbrook, Gordon, Evans, Griffin, etc.). Not saying all will, but obviously a lot of them will consider.

Raph12
12-15-2011, 06:12 PM
I agree...That's justs TOO MUCH lebron hate...LBJ played his hardest during & made a decision after the season..

So Dwight giving the team the heads up "trade me before the deadline or you guys get nothing in return" is worse than saying "I'm going to win a ring for Cleveland" and then leaving in FA via "The Decision"?

Please, atleast Dwight is letting his team get something in return, Lebron was just selfish and wanted to play with Wade and Bosh no matter what.

dtmagnet
12-15-2011, 06:14 PM
What a douchebag, I'm sick of Dwight Howard honestly. He is more annoying than Lebron or Carmelo.

Raph12
12-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Offer Amare and Landry Fields for Dwight and Hedo.

Really? Dwight Howard and Tyson Chandler? Amare in Orlando?... Try again.

PennyMy#1
12-15-2011, 06:45 PM
i laugh my arse off, when cp3 stays longterm with the clips and d12 signs an extension with the nets while d-will goes to the knicks. what then dwight what then ? lol

i hate the way dwight handles all this. i used to like him. but now ... douchebaggish.

orlando should get rid of otis and take the most for dwight and then rebuild. i dont think d12 wants to stay even he says that every second day. you know between saying i want to the mavs or clipps or nets or lakers.

Raph12
12-15-2011, 06:50 PM
i laugh my arse off, when cp3 stays longterm with the clips and d12 signs an extension with the nets while d-will goes to the knicks. what then dwight what then ? lol

i hate the way dwight handles all this. i used to like him. but now ... douchebaggish.

orlando should get rid of otis and take the most for dwight and then rebuild. i dont think d12 wants to stay even he says that every second day. you know between saying i want to the mavs or clipps or nets or lakers.

No potential FA (CP3, DWill or D12) will sign the extension, since they get more money by becoming a FA and then resigning with that team. DWill is a good friend of Dwight's and his hometown is in Dallas (Cuban is trying to clear cap for 2 max FAs), I wouldn't be surprised if both go to Dallas regardless of where they are playing after the deadline.

omagicdon
12-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Dwigjt Howard is a total scumbag.Find your own identity superwoman