PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Sign Rip Hamilton

Cullksinikers
12-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Rip Hamilton will sign a free-agent contract with the Bulls later today, a source close to Hamilton confirmed Wednesday afternoon.

The source, who asked not to be identified, said once Hamilton had been bought out by the Pistons and cleared waivers, he had narrowed his choices to three teams where he felt he would be the best fit.

His top choice, however, was to play with Derrick Rose and the Bulls.

Hes beyond excited, the source said.

After clearing waivers Wednesday morning, Hamilton was en route to Chicago in the afternoon and could join the team as soon as Thursday mornings practice. The makes its exhibition debut at the Indiana Pacers on Friday. While its possible Hamilton could make his Bulls debut at Conseco Fieldhouse, its more likely he will make his first appearance at the United Center when the Pacers come to down on Dec. 20.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/9443667-579/rip-hamilton-set-to-sign-with-bulls.html

KCJHoop K.C Johnson
Confirmed that Rip will be at #Bulls practice on Thursday. Will ask Thibs at Weds nite practice if he plans to play him Friday vs. Indy.

LTBaByyy
12-14-2011, 06:36 PM
This was a no brainer

Cullksinikers
12-14-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm happy with this move. We just need a couple more solid bench moves to have an excellent shot at taking the East.

tcav701
12-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Bulls=Scary

SNYmets86
12-14-2011, 06:46 PM
good pick up

Southsideheat
12-14-2011, 06:47 PM
nice looking starting lineup right there.

Rose - 6'3"
Hamilton - 6'7"
Deng - 6'9"
Boozer - 6'9"
Noah - 7'0"

Vincent
12-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Bulls=Scary

They'll be ok in the regular season.

We'll see how far they can go in the playoffs.

MJ-BULLS
12-14-2011, 06:49 PM
good pick up for us, would be nice to see how we play now with a real SG.

Cullksinikers
12-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Rose/Watson
Hamilton/Brewer
Deng/Korver/Butler
Boozer/Gibson/Scalabrine (lol)
Noah/Asik/Pryzbilla?

That team has depth.

Chi StateOfMind
12-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Now get Jamal in a S&T and lets go.

310Casper
12-14-2011, 06:51 PM
This just put the Bulls as #1 in the East, in my opinion.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 06:52 PM

Bulls are no longer one of the choices for Crawford from what I've read. I think it's Knicks, Kings and Blazers.

310Casper
12-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Bulls are no longer one of the choices for Crawford from what I've read. I think it's Knicks, Kings and Blazers.

Now its between Kings and Blazers.

marj987
12-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Like I said, Bulls will be better offensively this year. Rip is the offense they needed.
If they go to the finals I have them winning it all.

Hustlenomics
12-14-2011, 06:55 PM
no more excuses for the Bulls now

Hester23Jordan
Good pickup. He will help, But i still think Miami is the team to beat in East.

Iodine

L.O.L.

good signing though

KB-Pau-DH2012
Now its between Kings and Blazers.

I just wished all these other free agents like Crawford, Afflalo, Stuckey, Dalembert etc. just signed with their teams already (sooner rather than later if they're not thinking of re-signing with their current teams).

And then freakin Orlando traded Dwight and Stern traded CP3 already so we can get the damn season underway already!

Kashmir13579
12-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Great pick-up for the Bulls.

D Roses Bulls
12-14-2011, 06:58 PM
and the Bulls got that guy who can put the ball into the hoop. I like hamilton, this is the guy before the lock out ended I wanted the Bulls to get. I think playing under Thibs will only motivate him again to playing D and playing it very well. This should add another assist, or maybe two to roses average hopefully.

kingbrentg
12-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Rose's birthday party just got a little yessirier

Storch
12-14-2011, 07:02 PM
This is a great pick up by the bulls. Congrats.

Bruno
12-14-2011, 07:02 PM
a floor spreader is exactly what they needed. he can't play a lick of defense at this point, but the rest of the four starters can and that should be good enough. it really won't be an issue unless they're playing a team with an elite SG. otherwise, no brainer decision by the bulls to bring in a floor spreader. big improvement.

if Rip can drop 15-20 from the corners as a floor spreader, and Wade doesn't counter-act that by dropping 35+ a night, I like Chicagos chances during the playoffs against Miami. Miami would be the favorites, but I like the Bulls chances.

JWO35
12-14-2011, 07:03 PM
Move over Miami Heat....jk

Rndy
12-14-2011, 07:04 PM
a floor spreader is exactly what they needed. he can't play a lick of defense at this point, but the rest of the four starters can and that should be good enough. it really won't be an issue unless they're playing a team with an elite SG. otherwise, no brainer decision by the bulls to bring in a floor spreader. big improvement.

if Rip can drop 15-20 from the corners as a floor spreader, and Wade doesn't counter-act that by dropping 35+ a night, I like Chicagos chances during the playoffs against Miami. Miami would be the favorites, but I like the Bulls chances.

I like it vs Miami a lot more then before. Instead of Wade resting 10-15 minutes a game on the court vs the Bulls when he guarded Bogans. Now he's going to be chasing Rip around through screens.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-14-2011, 07:05 PM

Which happens to be on the 1 team we have to beat.

D Roses Bulls
12-14-2011, 07:05 PM

If Hamilton starts playing D like he use too, then I'm not too worried about wade,But if he can't capture that back, then I'm scared.

UPRock
12-14-2011, 07:06 PM
About time.

blastmasta26
12-14-2011, 07:08 PM
How good this signing really is depends on how his defense will be with Chicago this upcoming season. Assuming Rip is a liability, it is still a good signing and one that had to be made. If he can contribute on both ends, it will be a fantastic pick-up.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 07:08 PM

Bulls defense is predicated on team defense, but yea, in a series against Miami, he'll have a hard time on the wing guarding a Wade or LeBron individually, and might just get into early foul trouble.

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Im not a fan of this pick up. i guess we'll see if rip will get them over the hump .

northsider
12-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Not bad but, nothing that puts us over the top IMO.

Htownballa1622
12-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Good pickup. I like this. I expect Rose to benefit by getting more dimes and being more efficient.

Evolution23
finally they got their man

Rndy
How good this signing really is depends on how his defense will be with Chicago this upcoming season. Assuming Rip is a liability, it is still a good signing and one that had to be made. If he can contribute on both ends, it will be a fantastic pick-up.

I've always felt Thibs defense is pretty nice for back court players. A lot of trapping, Ray Allen comes to mind.

RLundi
Solid pick-up. A definite improvement over Bogans but I don't think this puts them over the Heat.

Rndy
12-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Not bad but, nothing that puts us over the top IMO.

What would have put them over the top? I'm sorry but that is a pretty idiotic statement. The Bulls with a hurt Boozer and Noah gave the HEAT a great series in my opinion.

The Bulls need like every other team is to stay healthy. Bulls were lucky they had/have such solid depth last year.

Iodine
12-14-2011, 07:14 PM
I don't think Rip is even average at D anymore, but Chicago has the personal to help mask that with switch D and shading.

northsider
12-14-2011, 07:15 PM
What would have put them over the top? I'm sorry but that is a pretty idiotic statement. The Bulls with a hurt Boozer and Noah gave the HEAT a great series in my opinion.

You thinking that Rip Hamilton at his age puts us as a lock is idiotic. I like the addition but, I am not going to go ****ing nuts and act like now we are guaranteed anything.

D Roses Bulls
12-14-2011, 07:16 PM

agreed. I mean I don't get the people who wanted mayo or crawford. mayo is unproven, he is a selfish player, not on good terms with his team really, would probably be a bad locker room guy. Crawford is just a taller ben gordon who doesn't really play much better defense.

Rndy
12-14-2011, 07:16 PM
You thinking that Rip Hamilton at his age puts us as a lock is idiotic. I like the addition but, I am not going to go ****ing nuts and act like now we are guaranteed anything.

It didn't matter what they did they are a great team that had hurt players during the playoffs. This is a typical I only know what ESPN tells me about basketball post.

Iodine
12-14-2011, 07:17 PM
I've always felt Thibs defense is pretty nice for back court players. A lot of trapping, Ray Allen comes to mind.

Trapping and he uses lots of funnels

kendawg73

Hamilton can actually play defense. Remember when the Pistons beat the Lakers in the Finals. The Pistons played a similar team defense that the Bulls play. Hamilton will fit in just fine with this team, and Thibs will have him back to playing the defense.

greek miami hea
This just put the Bulls as #1 in the East, in my opinion.
simply...lol....there is no need for further explanations

KingPosey
Awesome, AWESOME signing for the Bulls. Rip has more in the tank than people think, and what he will be asked to do in Chi is perfectly suited for him.

greek miami hea
12-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Good pickup. He will help, But i still think Miami is the team to beat in East.

this.

sargon21
12-14-2011, 07:19 PM
great starting lineup followed by our depth should give teams plenty of problems.

as for wade vs rip, wade will no longer be able to rest on defense, like he was able to do against bogans, a big change from last year

northsider
It didn't matter what they did they are a great team that had hurt players during the playoffs. This is a typical I only know what ESPN tells me about basketball post.

The **** are you talking about. Are you even reading my posts. Do you want me to say "oh ya were a sure ****ing thing".

I thought we were fine before we even signed rip so back off. I don't even watch ESPN let alone all of those circuits are Chicago haters so why would I take anything from them.

Your acting like a "TYPICAL HOMER" see how that works.

bulls_world23
I think RIPs defense will be good. I think he was just disinterested playing in Detroit where he didn't get enough playing time. People forget Rose was an awful defender but Thibs changed that..

Rndy
12-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Trapping and he uses lots of funnels

Yeah It definitely helped players like Allen, Rondo, and Rose.

njnets
12-14-2011, 07:21 PM
i feel like the bulls are missing one thing: scoring off the bench. i dont see watson, brewer, or korver scoring that much. if korver misses a few 3s, he out of the roation. watson gets the least amount of PT bc rose is their PG. brewer is not a scorer.

gibson and asik are great bigs. they should look into somehow getting some offensive-minded wing who can create a shot for himself on the bench.

guess thats an ideal though.

this signing is great for them though. improves there shooting.

Confusious
Move over Miami Heat....jk
Move over? We're gonna make them bend over.

simply...lol....there is no need for further explanations
Of course there aren't. All the explanations are in your damn username.

Rndy
The **** are you talking about. Are you even reading my posts. Do you want me to say "oh ya were a sure ****ing thing".

I thought we were fine before we even signed rip so back off. I don't even watch ESPN let alone all of those circuits are Chicago haters so why would I take anything from them.

Your acting like a "TYPICAL HOMER" see how that works.

Not even sure what to say lol. You clearly don't give this team enough credit by the posts I've seen from you. Stick with Baseball is all i'm saying

Your post clearly showed you don't know anything about this team then you get all defensive lol.

northsider
12-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Not even sure what to say lol. You clearly don't give this team enough credit by the posts I've seen from you. Stick with Baseball is all i'm saying

You apparently have NEVER gone in the Bulls forum where I stay. I rarely venture out here. Just cause I don't start a blow hard fest for the Bulls in the NBA forum doesn't mean I haven't been singing our praises. I LOVE this team but, will stay reserved cause I am realistic and their are some other very good teams out there.

Rndy
12-14-2011, 07:24 PM
i feel like the bulls are missing one thing: scoring off the bench. i dont see watson, brewer, or korver scoring that much. if korver misses a few 3s, he out of the roation. watson gets the least amount of PT bc rose is their PG. brewer is not a scorer.

gibson and asik are great bigs. they should look into somehow getting some offensive-minded wing who can create a shot for himself on the bench.

Solid point but there bench is so good defensively it will create points for them hopefully.

D Roses Bulls
12-14-2011, 07:25 PM

I kind of agree with this and this is where I would endorse a Crawford signing right now to come off the bench, but even though I can't really stand watson, he can score in bunches sometimes, but I had heard brewer was working pretty hard on his offensive game over the summer, so we'll see what happens.

Da Knicks
very good pickup for chi town, rip gives them a reliable shooter and a proven vet.

Teeboy1487
Great signing. This makes them much better.

greek miami hea

The Bulls need like every other team is to stay healthy. Bulls were lucky they had/have such solid depth last year.

u gotta think that last year was the 1st year of the big 3.they had to learn how to co exist.our team wasnt healthy so this had many effects in the team's overall performance.this year,its a different story.they have bonded.wade james and bosh have developed their games and they have improved! plus a healhy mike miller,udonis haslem,the addition of a great wing defender in battier,the superb defense by joel, the growth of mario chalmers,the 3pt champion jones and house plus a very quick and talented pg in norris cole. plus we might have a suprising contribute by eddy curry.sorry but i just cant see how the heat wont be the champs this years(and contenting for many years to come)

IAmARanger18
12-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Bout damn time it got done!

Rndy
12-14-2011, 07:26 PM
You apparently have NEVER gone in the Bulls forum where I stay. I rarely venture out here. Just cause I don't start a blow hard fest for the Bulls in the NBA forum doesn't mean I haven't been singing our praises. I LOVE this team but, will stay reserved cause I am realistic and their are some other very good teams out there.

All I do is post in the Bulls forum lol... I've seen you make this exact post there and everyone showed you how wrong you were including me. I've seen two posts from you in the Bulls forum, Both were you selling a team short that played great all last year even with key injury's.

greek miami hea
12-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Move over? We're gonna make them bend over.

Of course there aren't. All the explanations are in your damn username.

well thats was simply a reckless mistake during my registration.oh and yeah i think that now that the bulls have rip will have a 66-0 record,nba champions and blah blah blah

northsider
All I do is post in the Bulls forum lol... I've seen you make this exact post there and everyone showed you how wrong you were including me. I've seen two posts from you in the Bulls forum, Both were you selling a team short that played great all last year even with key injury's.

Are you being serious? 2 posts in the Bulls forum??????? I think you got me confused. No one showed me how wrong I was???

Rndy
u gotta think that last year was the 1st year of the big 3.they had to learn how to co exist.our team wasnt healthy so this had many effects in the team's overall performance.this year,its a different story.they have bonded.wade james and bosh have developed their games and they have improved! plus a healhy mike miller,udonis haslem,the addition of a great wing defender in battier,the superb defense by joel, the growth of mario chalmers,the 3pt champion jones and house plus a very quick and talented pg in norris cole. plus we might have a suprising contribute by eddy curry.sorry but i just cant see how the heat wont be the champs this years(and contenting for many years to come)

Sure I don't disagree with you but my point is it's also the first year for the Bulls under a new system with new players. The Bulls strength is their depth and anything can happen in this game. If Noah and Boozer stayed healthy the Bulls most likely would have been a better year aswell you know?

D Roses Bulls
12-14-2011, 07:29 PM

No offense guys, but what does it matter who posts more in the Bulls forum? I never got when people said that.

Ladies Man
12-14-2011, 07:30 PM
I think the Bulls need to sign a replacement for Kurt Thomas. He was underrated last year when Noah was injured. I wonder who they will pick up

Vincent

I've been saying this since the beginning of the off-season.

greek miami hea
Sure I don't disagree with you but my point is it's also the first year for the Bulls under a new system with new players. The Bulls strength is their depth and anything can happen in this game. If Noah and Boozer stayed healthy the Bulls most likely would have been a better year aswell you know?

well yes you are right.the only thing that i can say is that there is going to be a great rivalry that only time can tell who wins and who loses

Vincent
12-14-2011, 07:31 PM
I think the Bulls need to sign a replacement for Kurt Thomas. He was underrated last year when Noah was injured. I wonder who they will pick up

They have Omer and Gibson in case of any injuries. They're pretty deep.

northsider
12-14-2011, 07:31 PM
No offense guys, but what does it matter who posts more in the Bulls forum? I never got when people said that.

Really wasn't my point but, I agree.

D Roses Bulls
12-14-2011, 07:32 PM

I'm sure they will and I had heard Asik improved and bulked up. Asik wasn't able to start for us last year, but I think he is ready this year HOPEFULLY if a injury happens.

TylerSL
good move by Chicago. Should make Chicago a lock to go back to ECF. ECF should be again Miami/Chicago. Would be great to watch.

Rndy
Are you being serious? 2 posts in the Bulls forum??????? I think you got me confused. No one showed me how wrong I was???

heh Sorry you're right sorry! Thinking of someone else.

ichitownclowni
12-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Good move most definitely

northsider
12-14-2011, 07:35 PM
heh Sorry you're right sorry! Thinking of someone else.

No beefs I was just shocked cause in the initial Bulls Rip thread I was one of the ones talking about this being a solid move.

Rndy
12-14-2011, 07:35 PM
well yes you are right.the only thing that i can say is that there is going to be a great rivalry that only time can tell who wins and who loses

Ok we can't let other people see Heat vs Bulls fans having a civil discussion. HEAT sucks Lebron plays like Jannero Pargo.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Ok we can't let other people see Heat vs Bulls fans having a civil discussion. HEAT sucks Lebron plays like Jannero Pargo.

Jannero Pargo is rolling over his grave!

Dade County
12-14-2011, 07:38 PM
I like it vs Miami a lot more then before. Instead of Wade resting 10-15 minutes a game on the court vs the Bulls when he guarded Bogans. Now he's going to be chasing Rip around through screens.

HEAT vs C's... ray allen anyone.

What was wade doing in that series?

Good pick up by the bulls.

Rndy
12-14-2011, 07:53 PM

What? I'm not down playing Wades game. Are you saying you don't think he got to rest a lot defensively while facing Bogans? Only thing Bogans does is stand in a corner lol.

Edit NVM apparently I can't read today.

tcav701
12-14-2011, 08:03 PM

Exactly what I thought.

Ray has huge games against Wade because he didnt like fighting through those screens. It will be similar agaisnt Rip and Wade will have to work very hard on the defensive end. Makes the Battier move look better.

i honestly think this puts them on par with the Heat unless Miami grabs a legit center which would put them back in the clear lead.

Dolfan305
12-14-2011, 08:14 PM
this makes the Battier move look even better for the Heat. Wade won't have to chase Rip around screens all the time. Battier will handle him

Dolfan305
12-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Hamilton isn't the player he used to be. He had he worst season since he rookie year and he missed nearly 30 games. Bulls fans are going to be disappointed

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 08:19 PM
this makes the Battier move look even better for the Heat. Wade won't have to chase Rip around screens all the time. Battier will handle him

False. Or else Miami is in trouble if they're going to try to get Wade to guard Rose all game long (see game 1 where Wade was absolutely gassed midway through 3rd quarter).

Hamilton isn't the player he used to be. He had he worst season since he rookie year and he missed nearly 30 games. Bulls fans are going to be disappointed

On an incompetent team with incompetent "pgs" trying to set him up. We'll see.

Dolfan305
12-14-2011, 08:41 PM
False. Or else Miami is in trouble if they're going to try to get Wade to guard Rose all game long (see game 1 where Wade was absolutely gassed midway through 3rd quarter).

On an incompetent team with incompetent "pgs" trying to set him up. We'll see.

Lebron can check Rose all day

JordansBulls
12-14-2011, 08:42 PM

How many minutes is Battier going to get?

tcav701
12-14-2011, 08:46 PM

LeBron will not cover Rose for a full game.

In stints he can shut him down but for a full game he will surely wear himself out. They tried LBJ on Rondo for a full game it was a massacre.

Wade>You
12-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Congratulations to the bulls they got a great player and they're gonna give the heat a challenge this year.

Same goes for the knicks with their new front court.

Miami hasn't found an answer at center barring a daly trade or pittman getting more PT.

DaBear
12-14-2011, 09:15 PM
I love this move, but does any other Bulls fan think trading for Afflalo and having Rip as our 6th man makes the team much better?

DaBear
12-14-2011, 09:18 PM

Newsflash: Battier isn't the same player he once was, so don't use that excuse for Hamilton and make Battier sound like he's a big improvement. They're both good additions to good teams.

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 09:19 PM

No they can't. Well they can actually, and then lose.

LeBron will not cover Rose for a full game.

In stints he can shut him down but for a full game he will surely wear himself out. They tried LBJ on Rondo for a full game it was a massacre.

Pretty much.

SteBO
12-14-2011, 10:46 PM
This is a very solid pickup by the Bulls. A guy that can score at the SG position and has some defensive ability. The Bulls have just become quite a bit tougher in my opinion.....

justinnum1
12-14-2011, 10:48 PM
All depends on what he has left. Definitely an upgrade over bogans.

D Roses Bulls
12-14-2011, 10:53 PM
supposedly Rip keeps his body in shape and conditions well. Can't wait to see wade trying to chase him around screens and not matter what you think of boozer or noah, those two can lay screens nicely.

69centers
12-14-2011, 10:57 PM
All depends on what he has left. Definitely an upgrade over bogans.

Yup. Haven't seen him play meaningful minutes in a while.

hawkeyefootball
12-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Underrated boon to Rip's 2/$10M deal w/ #Bulls. With CJ and Brewer expiring, allows them to keep FAs Omer, Taj if desired moving forward.

KC Johnson

Not sure if that was posted, but this is one of the most important parts of the deal to me. Of course it's all dependent on how much Hamilton has left.

NBA_Starter
12-14-2011, 11:01 PM
They finally got their Shooting Guard

strahan92osi72
12-14-2011, 11:11 PM
Great signing for the Bulls. He fits perfectly in Chicago. The East is gonna be fun this year.

JB0B0
12-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Bulls defense is predicated on team defense, but yea, in a series against Miami, he'll have a hard time on the wing guarding a Wade or LeBron individually, and might just get into early foul trouble.

I think Rose guards Wade in the playoffs. Pretty sure he did last year, albeit intermittently.

MTL_123
12-14-2011, 11:26 PM
OMG why is everyone think wade is going to have a hard time defending RIP WADE WAS HURT WEN MIA PLAYED THE BULL so stop think RIP IS going to be bulls missing piece there not beating MIAMI!!!

justinnum1
12-14-2011, 11:28 PM
supposedly Rip keeps his body in shape and conditions well. Can't wait to see wade trying to chase him around screens and not matter what you think of boozer or noah, those two can lay screens nicely.

Wade locked down ray allen in the semis...im sure he will do just fine vs. hamilton, and the heat also have battier.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Bulls sign a player who can get open off screens, hit shots, not create his own shot, and is a far less defensive player than the guys they marched out last year to play the SG.

I really don't think he makes a difference at all. They don't have a PG who is a puppet master leading the offense, so Rip's off the ball movement won't be utilized like it could be, and as I said, its not like he creates a ton, and the crap the Bulls had at SG last year are much better defenders.

Anyways, not the worst fit, but nothing tells me this pushes them to Heat level.

ramsizzle
12-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Wade locked down ray allen in the semis...im sure he will do just fine vs. hamilton, and the heat also have battier.

If te heat are playing Battier alot they are probably not winning whatever series that he's playing in...

MTL_123
12-14-2011, 11:33 PM
put lebron on ROSE , rose isnt gonna do anything and that stops the bull's nff said

beasted86
12-14-2011, 11:34 PM
Rip is a solid pickup, but won't be the difference maker for the Bulls. He is a similar mold to Korver who got locked down in the playoffs.

They need Boozer to play up to this contract or they won't go far.

ramsizzle
12-14-2011, 11:35 PM
put lebron on ROSE , rose isnt gonna do anything and that stops the bull's nff said

:facepalm:

MTL_123
12-14-2011, 11:40 PM
:facepalm:

how is that a fail LEbron on rose rose isnt gonna do anything
WADE on RIP RIP is gonna be R.I.P if bulls fans think wade cant handel him
Bosh man handled NOAH and BOOZER
with all that MIA best bench players were still hurt

so BUll thinking RIP is the difference made=:facepalm:

platinumone
12-14-2011, 11:41 PM

With that logic then the Bulls should be 10X better this year. Boozer and Noah where hurt last year. Boozer is 20lbs lighter going into this year. They all have one year playing together under there belts. And now they finally have a real SG. You should actually think before you post :facepalm:

It funny how everybody else agrees that this is a great signing by the Bulls except most of the Heat fans.

MTL_123
12-14-2011, 11:48 PM
It funny how everybody else agrees that this is a great signing by the Bulls except most of the Heat fans.[/QUOTE]

ITS funny how Bulls fan keep on thinking that BUlls are better and will beat MIAMI even tho we stomped on you in the playoffs;)

jewno
12-14-2011, 11:50 PM
If Hamilton starts playing D like he use too, then I'm not too worried about wade,But if he can't capture that back, then I'm scared.

there was never a point in rips career where he could do anything to stop wade, the only thing he could do is bend over and let wade have his way,

MTL_123
12-14-2011, 11:53 PM
^^
Lol!!!!!!!!!!

northsider
12-14-2011, 11:54 PM
It funny how everybody else agrees that this is a great signing by the Bulls except most of the Heat fans.

ITS funny how Bulls fan keep on thinking that BUlls are better and will beat MIAMI even tho we stomped on you in the playoffs;)[/QUOTE]

Won yes, stomped no. Please stop living in a dream world and recall that those were close playoff games except 1 where we blew YOU guys out and 1 where you guys put us away early as well. The rest were down to the wire games.

MTL_123
12-15-2011, 12:00 AM
ITS funny how Bulls fan keep on thinking that BUlls are better and will beat MIAMI even tho we stomped on you in the playoffs;)

Won yes, stomped no. Please stop living in a dream world and recall that those were close playoff games except 1 where we blew YOU guys out and 1 where you guys put us away early as well. The rest were down to the wire games.[/QUOTE]

true true but wat ever a wins a win n until bull Beat MIA in the playoffs dnt really care bout reg season MIA will always be better just like Mavs are always gonna be better then MIA till we beat them in the finals or win the finals

jewno
12-15-2011, 12:01 AM

LOL heat had james jones hurt,wade batling through fatigue, ilgauskas out,dampier out on an heat team that was already severly lacking good role players, and they still won in 5 games lets not start making excuses.

its either get better or get left behind.

LOOTERX9
12-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Umm, this signing is no big shakes. No real impact in the east. NY>CHI

platinumone
12-15-2011, 12:02 AM

ITS funny how Bulls fan keep on thinking that BUlls are better and will beat MIAMI even tho we stomped on you in the playoffs;)[/QUOTE]

First learn how to read and respond.
I pointed to how this was a good pick up by the Bulls and how with your stupid logic the Bulls should be 10X better. Remeber it was your stupid logic. Because everything you said also applies to the Bulls being a better basketball team.

MTL_123
12-15-2011, 12:07 AM

First learn how to read and respond.
I pointed to how this was a good pick up by the Bulls and how with your stupid logic the Bulls should be 10X better. Remeber it was your stupid logic. Because everything you said also applies to the Bulls being a better basketball team.[/QUOTE]

How does that applie to thos stupid BUll . Bull only have one player that always had the ball in his hands ROSE unlike MIA LEbron and WADE always had the ball in their hands so no ***** its gonna be harder 4 MIA MAYBE you should think before you post:facepalm:

Miami Heat
12-15-2011, 12:10 AM
let's end this right now...this signing doesn't make bulls better than the heat

good signing by the bulls, they got the sg they needed.

The Smurf
12-15-2011, 12:11 AM
This is typical of Bulls fans. Most Bulls fans take the form of their front office. Over estimate anyone in a Bulls uniform and neglect the reality of the situation. We overahieved last year. Rip is an upgrade and a good signing, but it is not a big enough upgrade to make us a favorite over Miami. Miami destroyed us in the playoffs. After game 1, all games were the same-when Miami needed to they could easily shut us down. We need more if we expect to beat the Heat.

Chill_Will_24
12-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Great signing by the Bulls. I brought it up in 2010 that Rip is perfect for the Bulls and now they have him. This is gonna put them over the top imo. Wade is gonna have fits and wear himself out chasing this guy around screens all night while Deng does his best on Lebron and also Rip takes pressure off of Rose in so many ways. Would help if he had a better 3pt shot but still good regardless

D1JM
So heat fans come in here tell us how they already won this years championship?

cubbies7177
OMG why is everyone think wade is going to have a hard time defending RIP WADE WAS HURT WEN MIA PLAYED THE BULL so stop think RIP IS going to be bulls missing piece there not beating MIAMI!!!

You are what's wrong with basketball fans and basketball today. You match up teams position by position. "Wade is so much better than Rip" and "LBJ is so much better than Deng," so it's a no brainer that the Heat win, right?

Do you not understand the concept of a f**king team? When a team is built and trained correctly, they can take out much more talented individuals. Why did USA lose to Greece? They had LBJ, Kobe, Wade, and more... Please, go and watch the 2004 Pistons or 2003 Spurs. When a team meshes well, they make each other better than their individual talent. Of course, since someone like you started watching basketball last year because the Heat got Wade. LBJ, and Bosh, you wouldn't know ***** about team basketball. Scrub.

Hester23Jordan
12-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Knew this thread was going to turn into a Bulls Vs Heat bash thread. As a Bulls fans, nothing bothers me more than the immature and unrealistic Bulls/Heat fan. I don't see the point of making idiotic comments on who's team is better. In my opinion, the Rip signing is a good fit and even though he is not a star player anymore, he should be able to take pressure off of Rose and help with the scoring which Bogans did not provide. I think the Bulls team needs to make a few small roster tweeks and we should be damn good.

However, the signing of Rip does not give us a lock at a championship at all. Miami is very dangerous. Now that they have a whole season of getting used to each other and the addition of Battier, their team frightens me. Miami is still the team to beat in the East, but Chicago has the chemistry, heart, and talent to beat them. We can't forget that Boston, NY, Indiana, ect.. have really good teams as well and it isn't a lock that the ECF will be Mia and Chi. Lets see what happens when our teams all start playing games and go from there. Its going to be an awesome season and there are a lot of teams that have reason to be excited. Good Luck to everyone, just watch out for my Bulls!

D1JM
12-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Great signing by the Bulls. I brought it up in 2010 that Rip is perfect for the Bulls and now they have him. This is gonna put them over the top imo. Wade is gonna have fits and wear himself out chasing this guy around screens all night while Deng does his best on Lebron and also Rip takes pressure off of Rose in so many ways. Would help if he had a better 3pt shot but still good regardless

Its a big upgrade to bogans. Other teams can't leave him alone like they did with bogans.

Miami Heat
12-15-2011, 12:19 AM

I'm sure someone already mentioned this but battier, miller and maybe chalmers will be the ones chasing rip around for most of the game...and if wade has to do it, reports are during the offseason wade has been working to better his stamina and conditioning, and is in the best shape of his life.

Chill_Will_24
12-15-2011, 12:19 AM
So heat fans come in here tell us how they already won this years championship?

Why? Cuz they added cheeseburger Eddy?

northsider
12-15-2011, 12:21 AM

He is young as **** and has continued to improve. I feel like just like any other once mediocre shooter he will continue to get better cause he works just as hard as anyone in the league. I understand Rose is hyped up to a crazy level but, the scary part is he has not peaked yet and will continue to grow as a player.

Chill_Will_24
12-15-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm sure someone already mentioned this but battier and maybe chalmers will be the ones chasing rip around for most of the game...and if wade has to do it, reports are during the offseason wade has been working to better his stamina and conditioning, and is in the best shape of his life.

I didnt know Battier was already a Heat. Sorry if true. If so i agree. Battier will be on Rip all night.

Chill_Will_24
12-15-2011, 12:23 AM
He is young as **** and has continued to improve. I feel like just like any other once mediocre shooter he will continue to get better cause he works just as hard as anyone in the league. I understand Rose is hyped up to a crazy level but, the scary part is he has not peaked yet and will continue to grow as a player.

Sorry dude. I meant Rip not Rose. Rose has worked his *** off on that 3 ball and it has paid off. He still isnt a huge threat from out there but he can get streaky.

I meant Rip. Wish Rip had a better 3 J

cubbies7177
Agreed. I'm not saying that Rip puts the Bulls "over the top."

What I am saying that is team basketball can overcome individual stars. It's happened before and it "could" happen again. No one is saying that Rip is putting the Bulls as the favorites for the title (Not by any means), but I think it gives us a shot, and - as a fan - that's all I could ask for.

Evolution23
lol heat fans just don't get it. Wade is gonna have a challenge on his hands trying to chase around RIP off screens. Not saying the Bulls are better than the Heat but they def got better.

kozelkid
12-15-2011, 12:24 AM
I didnt know Battier was already a Heat. Sorry if true. If so i agree. Battier will be on Rip all night.

No he won't. Again, if that's the case, then Wade and Lebron are going to be gassed trying to guard Rose all game long.

The concept can work for 5 minutes or so which I expect that to be their end of the game lineup, but won't be happening for 48 minutes. No chance.

Chill_Will_24
12-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Agreed. I'm not saying that Rip puts the Bulls "over the top."

What I am saying that is team basketball can overcome individual stars. It's happened before and it "could" happen again. No one is saying that Rip is putting the Bulls as the favorites for the title (Not by any means), but I think it gives us a shot, and - as a fan - that's all I could ask for.

I dont know. Im no Bulls fan but imo Rip puts you guys over the Heat imo unless Battier can keep up with him all night, and lets face it. The Heat is who the Bulls should look to go over most. Nobody in the west can deal with the Bulls imo

kozelkid
12-15-2011, 12:28 AM
I dont know. Im no Bulls fan but imo Rip puts you guys over the Heat imo unless Battier can keep up with him all night, and lets face it. The Heat is who the Bulls should look to go over most. Nobody in the west can deal with the Bulls imo

Again, you're really overestimating how many minutes Battier will play.

He isn't going to be playing more than 20-25mpg at most. Expect him to sub in for Wade and Lebron when they need their 5-8 minute break each during the postseason, but other than that, the only time I'd expect all 3 at the same time is in the end of the game much like with Miller last season.

Chill_Will_24
12-15-2011, 12:29 AM
No he won't. Again, if that's the case, then Wade and Lebron are going to be gassed trying to guard Rose all game long.

The concept can work for 5 minutes or so which I expect that to be their end of the game lineup, but won't be happening for 48 minutes. No chance.

Thats what i was thinking too. Another thing but i might be wrong on this as i dont watch the Rockets much; Battier seems great at guarding ISO players like Wade and Kobe but i remember seeing him struggle mightily chasing Ray Allen around. I dont think his off the ball defense and defense off of screens is that elite

Dolfan305
12-15-2011, 12:29 AM

You guys are really overrating Hamilton.

northsider
12-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Sorry dude. I meant Rip not Rose. Rose has worked his *** off on that 3 ball and it has paid off. He still isnt a huge threat from out there but he can get streaky.

I meant Rip. Wish Rip had a better 3 J

LOL no reason to apologize. I think Rip will be fine especially being back in a similar situation to where he was when the Pistons were winning. This seems almost like a glove fit for a player like him and what we need him to do.

Chill_Will_24
12-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Again, you're really overestimating how many minutes Battier will play.

He isn't going to be playing more than 20-25mpg at most. Expect him to sub in for Wade and Lebron when they need their 5-8 minute break each during the postseason, but other than that, the only time I'd expect all 3 at the same time is in the end of the game much like with Miller last season.

I dont watch Battier much. Im not overestimating anything. I am in agreement with you. Like i said Rip was the missing piece and im glad he got to a great team cuz Rip is a great no nonsense guy that works hard.

Dolfan305
Knew this thread was going to turn into a Bulls Vs Heat bash thread. As a Bulls fans, nothing bothers me more than the immature and unrealistic Bulls/Heat fan. I don't see the point of making idiotic comments on who's team is better. In my opinion, the Rip signing is a good fit and even though he is not a star player anymore, he should be able to take pressure off of Rose and help with the scoring which Bogans did not provide. I think the Bulls team needs to make a few small roster tweeks and we should be damn good.

However, the signing of Rip does not give us a lock at a championship at all. Miami is very dangerous. Now that they have a whole season of getting used to each other and the addition of Battier, their team frightens me. Miami is still the team to beat in the East, but Chicago has the chemistry, heart, and talent to beat them. We can't forget that Boston, NY, Indiana, ect.. have really good teams as well and it isn't a lock that the ECF will be Mia and Chi. Lets see what happens when our teams all start playing games and go from there. Its going to be an awesome season and there are a lot of teams that have reason to be excited. Good Luck to everyone, just watch out for my Bulls!

I agree, it's awful. I hate stupid *** Heat "fans" just as much as stupid *** Bulls "fans". That's why I try to stay away from these arguments.

kozelkid
Thats what i was thinking too. Another thing but i might be wrong on this as i dont watch the Rockets much; Battier seems great at guarding ISO players like Wade and Kobe but i remember seeing him struggle mightily chasing Ray Allen around. I dont think his off the ball defense and defense off of screens is that elite

I can't say I followed Battier much. All I know is that he's definitely a step slower and is certainly not an elite defender anymore. He's still good at that end, but not elite.

Either way the only thing the addition of Rip means is that Bulls SHOULD be getting a bigger lead in the first 40-42 minutes so it doesn't come down to as close of games as it were last season.

Don't expect Rip to have much effect during the "clutch" time. Like any superstar, that's going to be up to Rose to play better and get past Lebron.

kozelkid
12-15-2011, 12:32 AM

You're really underrating Rip Hamilton.

Wow, such an in-depth analytically supported argument right there.

Sadds The Gr8
12-15-2011, 12:33 AM
He'll be a much better offensive option than Brewer and Bogans but I don't expect him to make the team much better at all...

billsftw
12-15-2011, 12:35 AM
He'll be a much better offensive option than Brewer and Bogans but I don't expect him to make the team much better at all...

Raptors are a lock for the ship :)

Dolfan305
You're really underrating Rip Hamilton.

Wow, such an in-depth analysis argument right there.

I don't need any analysis. Like i always say, overrated/underrated is a term thrown around too much and is just based on who you talk too. But right now, some Bulls are overrating Hamilton, thinking he's the answer to everything and he's going to give Wade huge trouble etc.

Chill_Will_24
LOL no reason to apologize. I think Rip will be fine especially being back in a similar situation to where he was when the Pistons were winning. This seems almost like a glove fit for a player like him and what we need him to do.

I was actually hopin for Ray Allen for you guys in 2010 so bad Rip works too. People dont understand how these off the ball guys can elevate a team that is driven by a Rose type i.e scoring PG.

ChurcH
They got their SG.

ManningToTyree
12-15-2011, 12:36 AM
This is a perfect fit for the Bulls. They now have the most complete starting five I can think of

Chill_Will_24
12-15-2011, 12:38 AM

Its not the player. Rip is very underrated but he is not a star. Its about the fit. I dont think people understand how well he fits a Rose offense

kozelkid
12-15-2011, 12:38 AM
I don't need any analysis. Like i always say, overrated/underrated is a term thrown around too much and is just based on who you talk too. But right now, some Bulls are overrating Hamilton, thinking he's the answer to everything and he's going to give Wade huge trouble etc.

No one reasonable thinks that.

Is he going to make Wade work? Absolutely. Especially in comparison to Bogans that no one even bothered looking at. Doesn't mean Wade is in "huge trouble". But it also means not as many double teams on Rose anymore as he passes the half court line.

Will he help us? Absolutely. He's obviously no allstar, but there's no reason he can't be a high end role player and a nice 4th/5th scoring option unlike Bogans who wasn't any sort of option.

Sadds The Gr8
12-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Raptors are a lock for the ship :)

with the key addition of Gary Forbes, the sky is the limit.

Zefflin
12-15-2011, 12:52 AM
Oh ****, the bulls are looking nice...sick sig northsider

ChitownSports16
12-15-2011, 12:57 AM
I love how there was a thread on "where will rip land" or some **** like that and if ya read that you all will see that 75% of the posters on there wanted Rip to come help there teams but now that he's in chi-town he's no good?????? He won't be good for the bulls this and that....??? Lol its just funny to see a lot of you hate hard.... And again I'm not saying all of you...

northsider
12-15-2011, 01:04 AM
Oh ****, the bulls are looking nice...sick sig northsider

Props to MJ-BULLS the guy is a genius with the sig. making skills.

Geargo Wallace
12-15-2011, 01:05 AM
This is like VC to the Mavs. They're shells of their former selves. It might help a little bit, but not too much.

Bishnoff
12-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Really good signing IMO. Aside from his offense, Rip knows how to win and play team defense. Hopefully his body is still up to it.

It's going to be a great battle in the East between Bulls, Heat, and Knicks this season.

CubbieBlueprint
12-15-2011, 01:12 AM
Really good signing IMO. Aside from his offense, Rip knows how to win and play team defense. Hopefully his body is still up to it.

It's going to be a great battle in the East between Bulls, Heat, and Knicks this season.

Just the Bulls and Heat. Knocks only have one defensive player, and they are in an EXTREME offensive set-up. They will win 40-43 games this year. IMO

bovice163
12-15-2011, 01:16 AM
This is like VC to the Mavs. They're shells of their former selves. It might help a little bit, but not too much.

We're talking about Keith Bogans here. Rip is a huge upgrade from him, but not necessarily a huge upgrade for the Bulls. Sure he's a shell of himself now, but he's going to be in a Ray Allen role where the screens will do most of the work for him.

Chill_Will_24
12-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Just the Bulls and Heat. Knocks only have one defensive player, and they are in an EXTREME offensive set-up. They will win 40-43 games this year. IMO

If the Knicks fire O'Antoni and put WooDson in they can be a problem. Chandler is a great interior defender but he is not Tim Tibow AKA God. He cant perform miracles. I have a feeling Shumpert and Chandler for all their defensive prowess will be underutilized in Mike's system.

akagiredsuns
12-15-2011, 01:26 AM

What's idiotic is you bashing on Rip, yet you have the nerve to have that sig with him in it. If you ain't gonna show some support, then take the sig off and quit trying to be a pretender. Rip will make us a better team. It's all about taking the load off of Rose & Rip does that. We can be right back in it. Not scared of the Heat. They have no bench. Wade can't rest as much with Rip running around the screens so quit hatin' and don't try to represent if you're just gonna put him down. Funny how people were stoked about getting a 2 guard and now that we do nothing but hate and ignorance. Fakers = :facepalm:

northsider
12-15-2011, 01:31 AM
What's idiotic is you bashing on Rip, yet you have the nerve to have that sig with him in it. If you ain't gonna show some support, then take the sig off and quit trying to be a pretender. Rip will make us a better team. It's all about taking the load off of Rose & Rip does that. We can be right back in it. Not scared of the Heat. They hav eno bench. Wade can't rest as much with Rip running around the screens so quit hatin' and don't represent a sig if you ain't down with all 5. FAkers = :facepalm:

hahahahaha relax tough guy. You obviously took what I said out of context and have NO clue what you are talking about or where i stand with the Bulls.

It is okay to be a critic of your own team. I know what we have and know what we are capable of. My post didn't say I hated the move but, I there is no such thing AS A LOCK in the NBA right now with some of the strong teams in the East with us being on of those top contenders.

Jesus man some of you guys are far too sensitive.

SIDE NOTE*** I will rock whatever the **** I please in my ****ing sig so mind your own damn business if it bothers you then ignore me.

JohnnyCash
12-15-2011, 01:34 AM
This may have been addressed earlier in this thread or elsewhere, but will the Bulls allow him to wear his headband?

northsider
12-15-2011, 01:35 AM

I see you also fail to even read farther in to things as I am actually delving into my actual thoughts on Rip in this post.

northsider
12-15-2011, 01:36 AM
This may have been addressed earlier in this thread or elsewhere, but will the Bulls allow him to wear his headband?

I don't know if it has been addressed but, we will find out soon enough.

Gators123
12-15-2011, 01:40 AM
I love how there was a thread on "where will rip land" or some **** like that and if ya read that you all will see that 75% of the posters on there wanted Rip to come help there teams but now that he's in chi-town he's no good?????? He won't be good for the bulls this and that....??? Lol its just funny to see a lot of you hate hard.... And again I'm not saying all of you...

lol For the last 3 years I've heard how much Rip sucks and that hes declined a ton (mostly from Bulls fans) and now all I'm hearing is that hes some great defender that's going to average 18+ PPG. Now that's funny!

Geargo Wallace
12-15-2011, 01:41 AM
We're talking about Keith Bogans here. Rip is a huge upgrade from him, but not necessarily a huge upgrade for the Bulls. Sure he's a shell of himself now, but he's going to be in a Ray Allen role where the screens will do most of the work for him.

Bogans is a pile of poop but at least he sat in the corner and got the hell out of the way. Having Rip running around screens will be nothing like Ray, especially since Rip is a pure mid range jump shooter. I'm not 100% how this Rip dynamic will work out, but I don't see it being anything that will drastically improve the team in any way.

Miami Heat
12-15-2011, 01:43 AM
What's idiotic is you bashing on Rip, yet you have the nerve to have that sig with him in it. If you ain't gonna show some support, then take the sig off and quit trying to be a pretender. Rip will make us a better team. It's all about taking the load off of Rose & Rip does that. We can be right back in it. Not scared of the Heat. They have no bench. Wade can't rest as much with Rip running around the screens so quit hatin' and don't try to represent if you're just gonna put him down. Funny how people were stoked about getting a 2 guard and now that we do nothing but hate and ignorance. Fakers = :facepalm:

haslem
battier
miller
cole
anthony

= no bench?

interesting..didn't know that

xxcubs22xx
12-15-2011, 01:44 AM
Rip is a better acquisition than people think. He will bring tremendous intensity to this team, you watch. He is a true veteran.

It's not just about taking a lift off of Rose. This guy takes a lift off of our team.

He will add to our already unprecedentedly good defense and length to our team. He will also be able to score and take pressure off of our offense. He will work perfectly "in our system", and add to our transition game. He'll be motivated, he won't have a ****** situation to deal with on the team, he has the coaching staff, the teammates.

Now Rip will get his opportunity!

Keep ya head up this is a great pick up for us. There's still JR in March too!

kendawg73
12-15-2011, 01:45 AM

kinda like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQUBO4FjsC4

or like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=lV6svi0EjrI

MonroeFAN
12-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Rip can still be a great player with a competent point.

This is one hell of a move for Chicago. It wasn't working for him in Detroit any longer, and a lot of us grew sour over him (based on a combination of his poor attitude & Salary).

But he's still got a lot of basketball left in him. I don't blame him for being unhappy in our situation last season, he clearly wants to win in his last few seasons.

Geargo Wallace
12-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Rip is a better acquisition than people think. He will bring tremendous intensity to this team, you watch. He is a true veteran.

It's not just about taking a lift off of Rose. This guy takes a lift off of our team.

He will add to our already unprecedentedly good defense and length to our team. He will also be able to score and take pressure off of our offense. He will work perfectly "in our system", and add to our transition game. He'll be motivated, he won't have a ****** situation to deal with on the team, he has the coaching staff, the teammates.

Man you're delusional if you think that Rip is gonna make any kind of huge difference.

ramsizzle
12-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Man you're delusional if you think that Rip is gonna make any kind of huge difference.

You're delusional. The bulls were over 30 games above .500 when bogabs scored 6 damn points. Rip is a huge difference maker

MonroeFAN
12-15-2011, 01:52 AM
What do you know about Rip Hamilton? ^^

kendawg73
12-15-2011, 01:53 AM

The Bulls don't need a huge difference, just a SG that can hit open jumpers consistently. Something that Rip can do...he's not being asked to be the face of the Bulls franchise!!

ramsizzle
12-15-2011, 01:53 AM
^ he's good for more than 3.9 ppg. And won't be assisted on over 90% of his shots. Anything else?

Miami Heat
12-15-2011, 01:55 AM
kinda like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQUBO4FjsC4

or like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=lV6svi0EjrI

or like shooting 9% in the fourth quarter when Rose was defended by Lebron James?

am i doing it right kendawg??

ramsizzle
12-15-2011, 01:57 AM
^ n that's why the rip signing is so important. U can't just put wade on Deng anymore. Have fun with all the possibilities now that there's a capable two guard there.

Purugskid
12-15-2011, 02:00 AM
Northsider's sig makes me drool...

ChurcH
12-15-2011, 02:03 AM
... But he's old.

MJ-BULLS
12-15-2011, 02:03 AM

all he needs to do is score 6 pts. remember thats the magic number.

Rego247
12-15-2011, 02:04 AM
You're delusional. The bulls were over 30 games above .500 when bogabs scored 6 damn points. Rip is a huge difference maker

Man you're not getting the same Rip though. He isn't in prime form. Is he going to make your team better? sure. Is he going to make you massively better? i doubt it.

kendawg73
12-15-2011, 02:04 AM
or like shooting 9% in the fourth quarter when Rose was defended by Lebron James?

am i doing it right kendawg??

Don't you mean being trapped by 3 heat defenders? The heat threw multiple defenders to get the ball out of his hands, and no other Bull could capitalize on the open shots.

ramsizzle
12-15-2011, 02:06 AM
You're not getting the same Rip though. He isn't in prime form. Is he going to make your team better? sure. Is he going to make you massively better? i doubt it.

He was in one of the biggest doghouses I can think of for an NBA player last year n still averaged double digits. He's leagues better than bogans.

hard_candy
12-15-2011, 02:08 AM
No one wants, needs, or expects Hamilton to be an all nba or even all star caliber "difference maker."

He's a veteran with a championship and a decade's experience knocking down mid range jumpers.

The Heat are still the favorites in the east, and maybe in the nba overall, but the bulls will make a nice run: they've got scoring, shooting, defenders and rebounders. Add to that a championship caliber coach.

Really, all they need now is the experience. A healthy roster come playoff time would help too.

kendawg73
12-15-2011, 02:11 AM
No one wants, needs, or expects Hamilton to be an all nba or even all star caliber "difference maker."

He's a veteran with a championship and a decade's experience knocking down mid range jumpers.

The Heat are still the favorites in the east, and maybe in the nba overall, but the bulls will make a nice run: they've got scoring, shooting, defenders and rebounders. Add to that a championship caliber coach.

Really, all they need now is the experience. A healthy roster come playoff time would help too.

In all fairness, the Mavericks should still be considered the favorites.

gotoHcarolina52
12-15-2011, 02:20 AM
Great signing for the Bulls.

kendawg73
12-15-2011, 02:23 AM
Great signing for the Bulls.

It should come down to Heat and Bulls in the ECF, as long as both teams stay healthy.

cbs134679
12-15-2011, 02:25 AM
Rip's a perfect fit but I still feel that's not enough to compete with the heat, I still think they need an upgrade over boozer or another elite scorer.

ChurcH
12-15-2011, 02:58 AM
A good fit with a great mediocre player.