PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan rejected Chris Paul trade to the Lakers

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 05:46 PM
http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/91/michael-jordan

Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has publicly stated that he opposed the Chris Paul trade, explaining that "as a small-market [owner] I'm very supportive of being able to keep your star player."
That doesn't really sound like "basketball reasons" to us, but then again, we didn't really buy into that explanation in the first place. As SI.com's Zach Lowe points out via Twitter, it is an important (and unanswered) question as to whether Jordan was among the owners lobbying David Stern before Stern actually killed the deal. Either way, the Jordan-as-owner experience continues to be a buzzkill (which unfortunately stopped being a surprise a while ago). Dec 14 - 4:39 PM
Source: SI.com

NYKnickFanatic
12-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Who?

THE GIPPER
12-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Well Jordan is part owner of the Hornets so he has a say in this

Tymathee
12-14-2011, 05:55 PM
they want small markets to keep top players

those small markets need to win games. star players lke to be on winning teams.

Avenged
12-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Not surprising at all.

numba1CHANGsta
12-14-2011, 05:57 PM
LMAO lets look at Jordan ownership history:

Part owner of Wizards-Draft Kwame
Owner of Bobcats-Have no star players
Part owner of NO-CP3 walks and NO is screwed

yeah MJ is the worst owner ever!

lamar2006
12-14-2011, 05:59 PM
MJ should shut the **** up. He has no star players nobody wants to play for his sorry team.

itsripcity32
12-14-2011, 05:59 PM

The only star who wasn't on a team that was winning is bosh

Eagles4Lyfe
12-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Bosh is a star??

itsripcity32
12-14-2011, 06:01 PM

How much of the horents does he own?
When did he become the owner of the bobcats.

Seriously gtfo

Iron24th
12-14-2011, 06:02 PM
He's far from being a good owner.
Was way better in the game.

MTar786
12-14-2011, 06:03 PM
hes scared kobe will get number six this year lol

Hellcrooner
:ohno::ohno:
S.E.V.E.N

:ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno:

MTar786
How much of the horents does he own?
When did he become the owner of the bobcats.

Seriously gtfo

jordan is easily the worst owner

itsripcity32
Bosh is a star??

If you don't consider him a star then that further helps my case

Billups
12-14-2011, 06:04 PM
So far the only thing he's accomplished putting the worst possible team together

Leftcoast_yg
12-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Well Jordan is part owner of the Hornets so he has a say in this

Yet no one realizes that Jerry Buss is also a part-owner:confused:

Hellcrooner
12-14-2011, 06:05 PM
S.E.V.E.N

:ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno:

strahan92osi72
12-14-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm sure Michael Jordan would've loved to have a PG like Chris Paul when he was still playing. He probably would've won more Championships. Can't blame him, why should Kobe have it so easy?

Eagles4Lyfe
12-14-2011, 06:06 PM
If you don't consider him a star then that further helps my case

How the hell is Chris Bosh a star?? He put up sick stats on a team where he was the focal point. But in essence he's a true number 2 or amazing 3rd option.
By no means is he a star because he can't be the best player on a team and expect to lead them anywhere.

He's not vocal enough and isn't a good leader

Pierzynski4Prez
12-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Him and about 25 other owners most likely did.

itsripcity32
12-14-2011, 06:11 PM
How the hell is Chris Bosh a star?? He put up sick stats on a team where he was the focal point. But in essence he's a true number 2 or amazing 3rd option.
By no means is he a star because he can't be the best player on a team and expect to lead them anywhere.

I wasn't arguing that he wasnt a star. It is your opinion, how bout u calm the fick down. rank him in a list of PFs and tell me he is ranked low. Also I think ur confusing the definition of star w supersta

miller74
12-14-2011, 06:12 PM

You dont see the connection here?

Lakeshow24KB
12-14-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm sure Michael Jordan would've loved to have a PG like Chris Paul when he was still playing. He probably would've won more Championships. Can't blame him, why should Kobe have it so easy?

And I'm sure Kobe would have liked to play with a Dennis Rodman or Scottie Pippen

Lidz
12-14-2011, 06:18 PM

He's been a starter on the All-STAR team before. He's a star player. He LED the Raptors to clinch their first NBA playoffs berth in 5 years AND led them to win their first ever division title. Just because he didn't lead them to win a championship doesn't make him not a STAR player. HEAT haters are the worst.

theheatles
12-14-2011, 06:23 PM
of course jordan would veto the trade, jordan is the epitome of a scumbag

blastmasta26
12-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Chris Paul is almost definitely going to end up with a large market, whether it's the Lakers, Clippers, or even the Knicks though that's unlikely.

Lakerfrk
12-14-2011, 06:24 PM
If this is the real reason, then they better be rejecting the trade to the Clippers also...

theheatles
12-14-2011, 06:32 PM
i remember there once was a slight buzz that chris paul could end up in charlotte because he's from north carolina, played at wake forest and also with him being sponsored by jordan brand that there was a chance, and now jordan is butt hurt

Rego247
12-14-2011, 06:34 PM
He's been a starter on the All-STAR team before. He's a star player. He LED the Raptors to clinch their first NBA playoffs berth in 5 years AND led them to win their first ever division title. Just because he didn't lead them to win a championship doesn't make him not a STAR player. HEAT haters are the worst.

How the **** is he a hater?

He "led" them to 2 playoff berths in 7 years, winning a grand total of 3 games in those series combined. If that's star worthy to you then you need to get your brains checked out. heat bandwagoners are the worst.

PraiseJesus
12-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Jordan is afraid Kobe will get more rings than him

Lidz
12-14-2011, 06:45 PM
How the **** is he a hater?

He "led" them to 2 playoff berths in 7 years, winning a grand total of 3 games in those series combined. If that's star worthy to you then you need to get your brains checked out. heat bandwagoners are the worst.

If you don't think STARTING in an NBA All-STAR game makes you a STAR player than you should stay out of these basketball forums. You don't start on an All-Star team because you're an average player. Tell me what the Raptors did 4 years before he came. What did they do last year? Exactly. Stop being a hater and admit he's a star player. And I don't think a bandwagon fan would stick around after a 15 win season. You sound angry.

Lidz
12-14-2011, 06:46 PM

This exactly.

Rndy
12-14-2011, 07:00 PM

I'm sure that is it. :rolleyes: Same guy that has helped Kobe improve his game now wants to **** him over.

hgtiger32
12-14-2011, 07:01 PM

1. How do you expect them to win games if their best players are constantly leaving for bigger markets?

2. Smaller market teams win. The Cavs with LeBron were #1 in East for two straight years, CP3 and Hornets win a lot of games, Dwight and Orlando have.

I think your post is arrogant to be quite honest.

beliges
12-14-2011, 07:04 PM
MJ scared of kobes success

Bruno
12-14-2011, 07:04 PM
MJ is the John Kerry/Mitt Romney of NBA personalities.

Punk
12-14-2011, 07:06 PM
The same Jordan that was trying to lure Paul to the Bobcats and build a winner in Charlotte? Smh.

bholly
12-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Can we get a title change to "Michael Jordan opposed...". Michael Jordan didn't reject ****. It even says right in the OP that we don't know if this is just an opinion, or whether he lobbied Stern.

This is how dumb **** starts on forums.

Rego247
12-14-2011, 07:29 PM
If you don't think STARTING in an NBA All-STAR game makes you a STAR player than you should stay out of these basketball forums. You don't start on an All-Star team because you're an average player. Tell me what the Raptors did 4 years before he came. What did they do last year? Exactly. Stop being a hater and admit he's a star player. And I don't think a bandwagon fan would stick around after a 15 win season. You sound angry.

So you weigh all star appearances over playoff performances? You sound delusional.

You'd have a better time convincing me that he is star based on what he did last season. Given that he was part of a team that had one of the best records in the league, made it to the playoffs, went to the finals, and almost won it all.

Atlantic division titles don't mean **** compared to that. So you keep thinking that he was a star in toronto, and i'll keep on being a "hater".

JordansBulls
12-14-2011, 07:55 PM
And I'm sure Kobe would have liked to play with a Dennis Rodman or Scottie Pippen

Kobe played with a guy who won league and finals mvp and who has more finals mvp's than Kobe himself has. Not only that but Kobe never led a team that won a title in Win Shares in any season.

Not to mention Kobe went to an organization that was in 24 finals and won 11 titles prior to Kobe ever stepping foot on the floor while MJ went to one of the worst franchises ever that had the 2nd worst record in the league prior to MJ coming and that had 0 finals appearances and 0 titles.

Kobe has essentially had allstars on his team his entire career save for 3 years and never was in a rebuilding situation. Every player he got was an allstar before ever playing with him.

Kobe won a title averaging 16 ppg on 37% FG and had a guy average 38 ppg in the finals and who has even more finals mvp's than he has.

Cal827
12-14-2011, 07:57 PM

Oh Lawd, we done gone pissed of some fan. Have mercy Jebus :D

Come on man, people have different opinions on who's a star and who isn't on these forums. I think he is, but if you can't respect the differing on opinion without going on a hissy fit, you will last about as long as that 80s show did on Fox. Better look out, cause about 43% of this forum is full of Lebron hate.

4 years before him we had Vince. Last year we missed the playoffs, like the two previous years when he was on our team. Rego, Eagles and Myself watched them. What exactly is your point on that? lol To be fair on your all star voting point, the starters are based on votes. Come on, you're gonna tell me that AI and T-Mac should have been starters like 2 years ago (no offense to AI or T-Mac fans).

Anyways onto said topic... I mean I think basically all small market teams were against this. Since everyone is paying for the team, reducing LA's cap (thus decreasing their lux tax penalties) makes the other teams pay more for the Hornets Existence. At least with Gilbert, you can say he wants competitive balance based on the letter saying he doesn't want LA to get another star for nothing. Jordan probably is looking at this like extra money they don't have to spend lol

MTar786
12-14-2011, 08:17 PM

im sure kobe would have loved to have TWO of the best defenders ever in pippen and rodman.. pippen who is one of the best small forwards ever too and rodman who is also one of the best if not the best rebounder in the history of the game. an AMAZING defender in ron harper who was also a former 20ppg player and a 6'6 pg. why should jordan have had it so easy?

MTar786
12-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Kobe played with a guy who won league and finals mvp and who has more finals mvp's than Kobe himself has. Not only that but Kobe never led a team that won a title in Win Shares in any season.

Not to mention Kobe went to an organization that was in 24 finals and won 11 titles prior to Kobe ever stepping foot on the floor while MJ went to one of the worst franchises ever that had the 2nd worst record in the league prior to MJ coming and that had 0 finals appearances and 0 titles.

Kobe has essentially had allstars on his team his entire career save for 3 years and never was in a rebuilding situation. Every player he got was an allstar before ever playing with him.

Kobe won a title averaging 16 ppg on 37% FG and had a guy average 38 ppg in the finals and who has even more finals mvp's than he has.

defense and defensive rebounding wins championships.. give me a roster with rodman, pippen, harper. add ur spark in kukoc off the bench, add a big body to flood the pain in longley 7'2 and im happy. these guys are inexcusably under rated except for longely. i guess thats what you get for playing with the goat. but still.. that kind of team is far better built for a ring than a team with gasol lol. kobe had shaq for 3 which is a alot.. but all they had was shaq and kobe. no one else provided besides every now and then in a key moment.
kobe two teams that had titles.. but this current one was the weakest team between jordans two teams and kobes. id say jordans bulls team with rodman, pippen and everyone else was full of the most help.. then what kobe had with shaq then jordan with pippen and grant and then kobe with gasol

JordansBulls
12-14-2011, 08:34 PM
defense and defensive rebounding wins championships.. give me a roster with rodman, pippen, harper. add ur spark in kukoc off the bench, add a big body to flood the pain in longley 7'2 and im happy. these guys are inexcusably under rated except for longely. i guess thats what you get for playing with the goat. but still.. that kind of team is far better built for a ring than a team with gasol lol. kobe had shaq for 3 which is a alot.. but all they had was shaq and kobe. no one else provided besides every now and then in a key moment.
kobe two teams that had titles.. but this current one was the weakest team between jordans two teams and kobes. id say jordans bulls team with rodman, pippen and everyone else was full of the most help.. then what kobe had with shaq then jordan with pippen and grant and then kobe with gasol

Disagree. Jordan clearly outproduced his teammates by a good margin in the season, playoffs and finals every time.

Gasol led the Lakers in Win Shares each of the 3 full seasons he was there (from 2009 to 2011) He finished 2nd in the league in 2011 in it, led the Lakers in both PER and Win Shares in 2010 and led the entire playoffs in Win Shares in 2010 while having a 24.0 PER in the playoffs and posted a 25.5 PER in the 2010 finals. Had over a 4.3 Win Share in 2009 as well in the playoffs.

He wasn't a superstar by name, but that is superstar production and even had greater production than his own teammate in some of those years.

Kobe has never won a championship without anybody more productive or efficient than him on his team.He had someone with more win shares and/or higher PER than him on his team each season the Lakers won a championship.

beliges
12-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Disagree. Jordan clearly outproduced his teammates by a good margin in the season, playoffs and finals every time.

Gasol led the Lakers in Win Shares each of the 3 full seasons he was there (from 2009 to 2011) He finished 2nd in the league in 2011 in it, led the Lakers in both PER and Win Shares in 2010 and led the entire playoffs in Win Shares in 2010 while having a 24.0 PER in the playoffs and posted a 25.5 PER in the 2010 finals. Had over a 4.3 Win Share in 2009 as well in the playoffs.

He wasn't a superstar by name, but that is superstar production and even had greater production than his own teammate in some of those years.

Kobe has never won a championship without anybody more productive or efficient than him on his team.He had someone with more win shares and/or higher PER than him on his team each season the Lakers won a championship.

Dude just stop with your PER and WS argument. MJ won titles with a stacked team. Kobe won titles with a stacked team. You got two of the best perimeter players to ever play arguably. Nobody is saying Kobe is better than MJ. Im sure MJ does not want Kobe to surpass him in rings. ANd im not surprised he whined to Stern about the CP3 to LA deal. It is what it is. Neither Kobe nor MJ were able to win without great teams. MJ had lots of help just like Kobe did, and just like everyone else who has won did. What seperates them from the rest of the pack is how much they were able to win. Only MJ, Kobe and Magic won as much in the modern NBA. Thats why they are considered the absolute bests of all time. No need to start an MJ v Kobe argument.

lakersfan01
12-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Mike: "I wanna have more rings than Kobe, please don't let him have CP3 Daddy Stern"

Bulls_fan90
12-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Goat.

Lidz
12-14-2011, 10:10 PM
So you weigh all star appearances over playoff performances? You sound delusional.

You'd have a better time convincing me that he is star based on what he did last season. Given that he was part of a team that had one of the best records in the league, made it to the playoffs, went to the finals, and almost won it all.

Atlantic division titles don't mean **** compared to that. So you keep thinking that he was a star in toronto, and i'll keep on being a "hater".

Saying an All-Star player isn't an All-Star is like saying a professional NBA player isn't a professional NBA player. It's like saying the MVP isn't the MVP. It's like saying the NBA Champs aren't the NBA Champs. Bosh is an All-Star. He started on the All-Star team which, by definition, makes him an All-Star NBA player. Just like winning the MVP of the league, by definition, makes you the MVP of the league. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it not so.

No point of arguing with HEAT haters though. Run along :)

DaBear
12-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Who cares if Kobe wins 6 or even 7 rings? It's been proven over and over again that Kobe will never reach MJ's level. Period.

Lidz
12-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Oh Lawd, we done gone pissed of some fan. Have mercy Jebus :D

Come on man, people have different opinions on who's a star and who isn't on these forums. I think he is, but if you can't respect the differing on opinion without going on a hissy fit, you will last about as long as that 80s show did on Fox. Better look out, cause about 43% of this forum is full of Lebron hate.

4 years before him we had Vince. Last year we missed the playoffs, like the two previous years when he was on our team. Rego, Eagles and Myself watched them. What exactly is your point on that? lol To be fair on your all star voting point, the starters are based on votes. Come on, you're gonna tell me that AI and T-Mac should have been starters like 2 years ago (no offense to AI or T-Mac fans).

Anyways onto said topic... I mean I think basically all small market teams were against this. Since everyone is paying for the team, reducing LA's cap (thus decreasing their lux tax penalties) makes the other teams pay more for the Hornets Existence. At least with Gilbert, you can say he wants competitive balance based on the letter saying he doesn't want LA to get another star for nothing. Jordan probably is looking at this like extra money they don't have to spend lol

I agree. Many do have different opinions on what a star is. We all know who the superstars of the league are. The All-Stars are the players that make the all star team. Fan voting or not. We're all fans. We know who are the good players in the league. The only way to measure fairly who's an All-star in this league is to see who's made it to the All-Star team, since that's what gives you the title of an all-star. Bosh has started on the team, hence why he is an all-star. You can't take that away from him.

Rego247
12-14-2011, 11:30 PM
Saying an All-Star player isn't an All-Star is like saying a professional NBA player isn't a professional NBA player. It's like saying the MVP isn't the MVP. It's like saying the NBA Champs aren't the NBA Champs. Bosh is an All-Star. He started on the All-Star team which, by definition, makes him an All-Star NBA player. Just like winning the MVP of the league, by definition, makes you the MVP of the league. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it not so.

Yup there's no point arguing with heat bandwagoners like yourself. You're naturally going to ride his dick now, even though you guys were calling for his head in the midst of your losing streak. Sooo fickle.

Oh well given stupidity of this forum i think your gonna do a great job fitting in. So you can run along have ur hissy fit somewhere else, just don't cry about it like your idol. :)

koreancabbage
12-14-2011, 11:46 PM
I am a Raptors fan and I thought Bosh was a star. And still is. Just bc hes playing with Gawdy players like Wade and Lebron doesnt stop him from being a star player. If you think Amare is a star player, then Bosh is a star player. If you think Boozer was a star player I Utah/Cleveland, Bosh is a star player. By your definition there is a huge rift between Nowitzki and the rest of the PFs in the league. if it wasn't for bosh, I don't think the Heat could've gotten past Chicago last year in the playoffs. His star might not shine as bright as the best stars out there, but he puts up good stats everywhere he goes. What 18-9 not good enough, that's better than most PFs in the league. Bosh is minor star. Not all stars are bonafide leaders but everyone is not perfect.

MTL_123
12-14-2011, 11:51 PM
How can KOBE be on the same level as MJ

MJ 6 Finals MVP KOBE 2 FINALS MVP WAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER 3 TIMES

Lidz
12-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Yup there's no point arguing with heat bandwagoners like yourself. You're naturally going to ride his dick now, even though you guys were calling for his head in the midst of your losing streak. Sooo fickle.

Oh well given stupidity of this forum i think your gonna do a great job fitting in. So you can run along have ur hissy fit somewhere else, just don't cry about it like your idol. :)

LOL! made one hater angry. I think you're just mad because you called an All-star player not an All-star. Even you know it was stupid.

Lidz
12-14-2011, 11:54 PM
I am a Raptors fan and I thought Bosh was a star. And still is. Just bc hes playing with Gawdy players like Wade and Lebron doesnt stop him from being a star player. If you think Amare is a star player, then Bosh is a star player. If you think Boozer was a star player I Utah/Cleveland, Bosh is a star player. By your definition there is a huge rift between Nowitzki and the rest of the PFs in the league. if it wasn't for bosh, I don't think the Heat could've gotten past Chicago last year in the playoffs. His star might not shine as bright as the best stars out there, but he puts up good stats everywhere he goes. What 18-9 not good enough, that's better than most PFs in the league. Bosh is minor star. Not all stars are bonafide leaders but everyone is not perfect.

This. Not a Superstar like Bron and Dwyane but definitely an All-Star player.

Geargo Wallace
12-14-2011, 11:58 PM
LOL! made one hater angry. I think you're just mad because you called an All-star player not an All-star. Even you know it was stupid.

This. Not a Superstar like Bron and Dwyane but definitely an All-Star player.

Jamal Magloire scored 20 points in an All-Star game. Mo Williams made the All-star team. Now Bosh is a damn good player, but he's no superstar. He could never be an effective #1 option. He was forced to that role in Toronto and he did an okay job at it. Being the #3 option in Miami is perfect for him.

Geargo Wallace
12-14-2011, 11:59 PM
How can KOBE be on the same level as MJ

MJ 6 Finals MVP KOBE 2 FINALS MVP WAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER 3 TIMES

who are you talking to?

naps
12-15-2011, 12:00 AM
LOL...Lakers fans are mad at Jordan.

LOOTERX9
12-15-2011, 12:00 AM
I applaud MJ for preventing the spoiled lakers and their fans from formin a big 3 of kobe, cp3 and howard. Thanx for saving the nba from another annoying laker dynasty. MJ=GOAT

Rego247
12-15-2011, 12:03 AM
Jamal Magloire scored 20 points in an All-Star game. Mo Williams made the All-star team. Now Bosh is a damn good player, but he's no superstar. He could never be an effective #1 option. He was forced to that role in Toronto and he did an okay job at it. Being the #3 option in Miami is perfect for him.

This. x111.

naps
12-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Who cares if Kobe wins 6 or even 7 rings? It's been proven over and over again that Kobe will never reach MJ's level. Period.

Dude, they are just mad because they didn't get another gasoleque gift. Putting Kobe on the same sentence with Jordan is the ultimate insult for the GOAT. Jordan 6 finals MVPs, and 5 league MVPs. Kobe who?

Geargo Wallace
12-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Dude, they are just mad because they didn't get another gasoleque gift. Putting Kobe on the same sentence with Jordan is the ultimate insult for the GOAT. Jordan 6 finals MVPs, and 5 league MVPs. Kobe who?

yo don't be a dick. we all know the Lakers are entitled to be good. that's why Santa always gives them gifts.

Lidz
12-15-2011, 12:10 AM

Exactly. Jamal was an all-star. He's old now but he still was an all-star basketball player. Same as Mo Williams. He's a all-star NBA player. You can't take that title away from those guys because they've earned it. They are all-star players. Never did I say Bosh was a SUPERSTAR. I simply said he was an all-star NBA player and that's what he is. It's proven in the NBA All-star players book. It's written in black and white. How can you even disagree with that?

Eagles4Lyfe
12-15-2011, 12:10 AM

Oh the All star game what a way of judging stars:speechless:.
Michael Jordan was such a star at age 39 i suppose to get voted into the all star game??? Or the same All star game which is a popularity contest and no one watches anymore???

Are you also talking about the same Chris Bosh who single handedly eliminated us from making the playoffs a couple years ago because he couldn't make an easy lay up?? The same Chris Bosh who would score a lot but when facing inferior competition would get destroyed on a nightly basis???
Or are you saying he's a star because he averaged 20 and 10 for us?? So I guess if Andrea Bargnani averages 23 and 8 next year he's a star???

Geargo Wallace
12-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Exactly. Jamal was an all-star. He's old now but he still was an all-star basketball player. Same as Mo Williams. He's a all-star NBA player. You can't take that title away from those guys because they've earned it. They are all-star players. Never did I say Bosh was a SUPERSTAR. I simply said he was an all-star NBA player and that's what he is. It's proven in the NBA All-star players book. It's written in black and white. How can you even disagree with that?

Bosh is an American. It says so on his passport and birth certificate in black and white. What's you point?

Nobody is saying that he didn't make an All-Star team. You're trying to make an argument for Bosh's game by saying that he's an all-star. It actually means nothing for argument's sake.

... and Mo Williams deserving to be an all-star is highly questionable.

Eagles4Lyfe
12-15-2011, 12:18 AM

Mo williams is a star??? :facepalm: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

NYKSpiritBomb
12-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Oh the All star game what a way of judging stars:speechless:.
Michael Jordan was such a star at age 39 i suppose to get voted into the all star game??? Or the same All star game which is a popularity contest and no one watches anymore???

Are you also talking about the same Chris Bosh who single handedly eliminated us from making the playoffs a couple years ago because he couldn't make an easy lay up?? The same Chris Bosh who would score a lot but when facing inferior competition would get destroyed on a nightly basis???
Or are you saying he's a star because he averaged 20 and 10 for us?? So I guess if Andrea Bargnani averages 23 and 8 next year he's a star???

jordan still was one of the best players in the league at 39, sadly. and he put on a show at that allstar game

Lidz
12-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Bosh is an American. It says so on his passport and birth certificate in black and white. What's you point?

Nobody is saying that he didn't make an All-Star team. You're trying to make an argument for Bosh's game by saying that he's an all-star. It actually means nothing for argument's sake.

... and Mo Williams deserving to be an all-star is highly questionable.

You are just further proving my point. You arguing Bosh isn't an All-Star is like you arguing that he isn't an American. If it's there in black and white how is it not true? He's an all-star. It's there in black and white. Just like you said he's an American. It's there in black and white.

Geargo Wallace
12-15-2011, 12:24 AM
You are just further proving my point. You arguing Bosh isn't an All-Star is like you arguing that he isn't an American. If it's there in black and white how is it not true? He's an all-star. It's there in black and white. Just like you said he's an American. It's there in black and white.

That's not the point at all. You are letting everything blow right past your head. Are you Pinnacle Flash's dupe or something?

Lidz
12-15-2011, 12:25 AM
Mo williams is a star??? :facepalm: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Might not play like one now but yes, he's an all-star because he played in the all-star game. Even though he was a reserve so that's debatable. >_>. Everyone ages and their game fades. Doesn't take away from their best years.

Rego247
12-15-2011, 12:25 AM
That's not the point at all. You are letting everything blow right past your head. Are you Pinnacle Flash's dupe or something?

Lol i wouldn't be surprised.

Eagles4Lyfe
12-15-2011, 12:26 AM
jordan still was one of the best players in the league at 39, sadly. and he put on a show at that allstar game

No he wasn't there were some guys more deserving. But liek i said its a popularity contest so who cares.

Lidz
12-15-2011, 12:27 AM

I just don't like when people try to put their opinions over the cold hard facts and the fact is, Bosh is an all-star, whether you like it or not.

Eagles4Lyfe
12-15-2011, 12:27 AM
Might not play like one now but yes, he's an all-star because he played in the all-star game. Even though he was a reserve so that's debatable. >_>. Everyone ages and their game fades. Doesn't take away from their best years.

Quit backtracking, you said if someone makes the all star game means they are a star.
Mo Williams was never a star and he's only 28 so how can his best years fade away when he's still in his prime and supposed to put up superior stats??

Lidz
12-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Quit backtracking, you said if someone makes the all star game means they are a star.
Mo Williams was never a star and he's only 28 so how can his best years fade away when he's still in his prime and supposed to put up superior stats??

Like I said, he was a reserve so that's debatable. He didn't earn it how the other all-stars earned it. But when you look at the all-star players of the league, you will indeed see his name. That's a fact.

Geargo Wallace
12-15-2011, 12:33 AM
I quit. No arguing with kindergartners.

billsftw
12-15-2011, 12:35 AM

he's the best player ever
kobe couldn't even touch his sandals

TheRooki3
12-15-2011, 12:40 AM
The lakers are gonna go HAM on the bobcats this season.....

naps
12-15-2011, 12:52 AM
Raptors fans underrate/hate Bosh, it's understandable.

Rego247
12-15-2011, 12:57 AM
I quit. No arguing with kindergartners.

I'm surprised you held out for this long. lol.

Eagles4Lyfe
12-15-2011, 01:00 AM

Just like we hate Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Charles Oakley. I mean we never show appreciation to those guys or love those guys.

Lidz
12-15-2011, 01:02 AM

This. & it's sad when people don't learn to be basketball fans before they become fans of a certain team.

But, I quit. No arguing with kindergartners.

lakerboy
12-15-2011, 01:04 AM

Yet when Jordan left in 94, how good was his team without him?

homestarunner93
12-15-2011, 01:19 AM
The lakers are gonna go HAM on the bobcats this season.....

Doubtful, the Bobcats have owned the Lakers since the Bobcats got clearance to use the full salary cap (07-08 season).

ChurcH
12-15-2011, 01:56 AM
You look like a better owner everyday.

ChurcH
12-15-2011, 02:01 AM

Underrate how? Toronto, overrated him. Acquiring players to win through him, he simply is not a player you can win through. He needs a LBJ to win with.

lol, please
12-15-2011, 02:27 AM
Never thought I would see the day that MJ gets questioned, or even disrespected.

utl768
12-15-2011, 02:40 AM
mj is the greatest ever but he is a royal ********

ink
12-15-2011, 04:07 AM

I've never seen a fan base WANT a player to be the greatest so badly and for so long that they have actually fantasized Kobe into being the best ever -- or even in the same league as Jordan. You've just quantified it clearly but there will still be tons of opposition to the obvious. Kobe is like a pale imitation of the game's most dominant player ever. And he's already declining.

That said, and back on topic, it's good that MJ and the other owners killed the Lakers-Rockets-Hornets deal. The second deal is a lot better and word is that the Hornets may have a buyer as early as the New Year because of it. Obviously the league was working toward that sale and they knew what they were doing by pushing for the best trade value.

BallIsAll
12-15-2011, 04:13 AM

Melo was in a winning team?

whitesoxfan83
12-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Yet when Jordan left in 94, how good was his team without him?

They won 55 games and got robbed in a 7 game series vs the Knicks (who went on the win the Eastern Conference).

LakersIn5
12-15-2011, 06:12 AM
LOL the jealous owners want superstars to stay with their small market team so they decided to not trade cp3 to lakers who play in LOS ANGELES but is fine with them trading cp3 to the clippers who also play in LOS ANGELES

Cal827
12-15-2011, 09:28 AM
LOL the jealous owners want superstars to stay with their small market team so they decided to not trade cp3 to lakers who play in LOS ANGELES but is fine with them trading cp3 to the clippers who also play in LOS ANGELES

Lol, Jerry Buss probably is thinking about sending out men to go and track stern down right now lol.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-15-2011, 09:32 AM
he mad

_Supreme_
12-15-2011, 09:41 AM
People are acting like Michael Jordan single handedly blocked that trade :rolleyes:

Lakers4life08
12-15-2011, 10:43 AM
M.Jordan needs to shut up,and find another talent like he find Kwame Brown and Morrison

ink
12-15-2011, 01:53 PM

Maybe it's because the small market vs big market issue is not the point. It's about the quality of the deal PLUS the fact that the Lakers have preyed on smaller teams talent for decades. Let them go through the same process as other franchises and develop it themselves.

This deal clearly achieves what it needed to for a new owner -- cap space, some very good talent, lottery picks.

Plus, Jordan didn't complain to the league, he merely commented after that he didn't like the deal.