PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Draft class

Mckphins
12-14-2011, 04:54 PM
With all this talk about teams like the hornets trading for minnesotas draft pick, or them getting a high pick of their own. Im just wondering if someone could tell me what they know about the potential 2012 draft class. Is it really deep like ive heard? whos good? and who could you compare them to from the nba today?. Im not a huge college fan so im always behind when it comes to naming names. Just wanna know how valuable would a high draft pick be next year?

dodgersuck
12-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Sullinger is a beast

phlp_bj
12-14-2011, 05:00 PM
It's supposed to be a very deep class if all the players that are supposed to come out comes out.

http://nbadraft.net/2012mock_draft

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 05:04 PM
I think it's getting a little overrated to be honest. Don't get me wrong it's very good, but I don't think it can touch 03. I'd say it'll be more like 08. Which is still damn good.

MagicBucsSox
12-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Andre drummond , Austin rivers Aka young Monta

NYKnicks4511
12-14-2011, 05:12 PM
I think it's getting a little overrated to be honest. Don't get me wrong it's very good, but I don't think it can touch 03. I'd say it'll be more like 08. Which is still damn good.

No way it touches '03, that might be the best draft class of all time when all is said and done.

But within the past half decade or so, this should be the strongest class that we will see, but a lot of variables remain (which freshman leave school after a year and which ones decide to stay)

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 05:16 PM
No way it touches '03, that might be the best draft class of all time when all is said and done.

But within the past half decade or so, this should be the strongest class that we will see, but a lot of variables remain (which freshman leave school after a year and which ones decide to stay)

I still say 84 is the best of all time. GOAT, plus another top ten player and 2 top 20 players. You're gonna have a hard time convincing me otherwise.

But I agree with the rest. Still though 08 looks beastly. You have a superstar in Rose, plus two borderline superstars in Westbrook and Love and potentially Gordon if he can stay healthy.

NYKnicks4511
12-14-2011, 10:44 PM
I still say 84 is the best of all time. GOAT, plus another top ten player and 2 top 20 players. You're gonna have a hard time convincing me otherwise.

But I agree with the rest. Still though 08 looks beastly. You have a superstar in Rose, plus two borderline superstars in Westbrook and Love and potentially Gordon if he can stay healthy.

That's fair, I totally forget that Barkley was in that draft. Right now 84 is definitely the best, 03 might be able to touch it if certain people start winning certain championships.

IAmARanger18
12-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Austin Rivers, Jared Sullinger, Harrison Barnes, Michael Gilcrist, Jeremy Lamb and Anthony Davis all good picks.

Sixerlover
12-14-2011, 10:57 PM
Austin Rivers, Jared Sullinger, Harrison Barnes, Michael Gilcrist, Jeremy Lamb and Anthony Davis all good picks.

Brad Beal, Quincy Miller, Perry Jones, Andre Drummond all great picks too. This draft will be very good

HouRealCoach
12-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Barnes is overrated, Rivers isnt coming this year, Sullinger struggles against taller defenders... guys like Perry Jones dont usually do good in the nba because those types are too weak to play PF and/or too slow to play SF, Most of the big men are overrated(Zeller, Plumlee)...

Very overrated draft IMO