PDA

View Full Version : Taking a look back....

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 01:33 PM
When Tracy and Hill were brought in by Orlando, if Hill would have been healthy, could they have been like Jordan and Pippen?

Tired of all the trade talk. Am just wondering if you guys think they could have been a great combo or not

Shmontaine
12-14-2011, 01:38 PM
this is a JB thread if i ever saw one...

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Very true...It's just annoying people talking about the same crap allllllll the time. Just thought I'd see if something else could be talked about

Iodine
12-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Way to depress the hell out of me with a Grant Hill thread lol.

He could have Ben so damn awesome

ManningToTyree
12-14-2011, 01:46 PM
Yeah that could have been a lethal one two punch

310Casper
12-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Same with Roy and Oden, if they were healthy and lived up to their potential, could've made the Blazers contenders year in and year out.

king4day
12-14-2011, 01:51 PM

He may have actually created this topic before. I know someone did this past year.

On topic, I think they could have made the Magic an elite franchise.

tbone2171
12-14-2011, 02:09 PM
When Tracy and Hill were brought in by Orlando, if Hill would have been healthy, could they have been like Jordan and Pippen?

Tired of all the trade talk. Am just wondering if you guys think they could have been a great combo or not

Who's Tracy?

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 02:14 PM
most folks don't even remember how good hill was. it would have been as dominant as lebron/wade is now on the perimeter had they stayed healthy. between those two guys...they can do anything on the court.

jordan/pippen? who knows about that. but it would have been awesome.

5ass
12-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Who's Tracy?

are you serious?

Hawkeye15
12-14-2011, 02:21 PM
if healthy, that would have been arguably the most dominant duo in the NBA. EASILY the best wing duo. So many forget how freakin' good both were.

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Who's Tracy?

Morgan...:rolleyes:

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 02:26 PM

even if tmac and hill were never injured (and were talking about two of the most injury prone guys in their prime) neither of them would live up to jordan. maybe pippen but even then i dont see hill or tmacs D being as good as pippens was.

He115ing
12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Don't they play the same position?

Blink
12-14-2011, 02:35 PM
if healthy, that would have been arguably the most dominant duo in the NBA. EASILY the best wing duo. So many forget how freakin' good both were.

This.

Its a sad thing. Oden, Roy, Tmac, Hill. The list goes on and on.
The NBA would be a total different landscape

RLundi
12-14-2011, 02:52 PM
The Magic nearly had Hill, T-Mac AND Duncan. Talk about a big 3, sheesh.

But had Hill and McGrady played together while both were healthy, I think they would've dominated the league, but fell short of Jordan and Pippen. The Magic's defense certainly wouldn't be on par with the Bulls' and while I put Hill's ability slightly above Pippen's, there is no way McGrady could even come close to Jordan's, especially with Hill there. The only reason T-Mac averaged 28+ppg every year is because he had to do it ALONE.

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 03:13 PM
even if tmac and hill were never injured (and were talking about two of the most injury prone guys in their prime) neither of them would live up to jordan. maybe pippen but even then i dont see hill or tmacs D being as good as pippens was.

Hmmm....I actually feel T-Mac and Hill were both above Pippen. Pippen was a great defender and a good 2 scorer, but Hill was a great defender and a number 2 scorer as well. Hill was the better scorer while Scottie was the better defender. Obviously Jordan was better than T-Mac...but T-Mac was out of his mind for his Orlando years. During that time he was hands down better than Scottie.

That's borderline the second best duo that COULD HAVE ever been.

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 03:14 PM
The Magic nearly had Hill, T-Mac AND Duncan. Talk about a big 3, sheesh.

But had Hill and McGrady played together while both were healthy, I think they would've dominated the league, but fell short of Jordan and Pippen. The Magic's defense certainly wouldn't be on par with the Bulls' and while I put Hill's ability slightly above Pippen's, there is no way McGrady could even come close to Jordan's, especially with Hill there. The only reason T-Mac averaged 28+ppg every year is because he had to do it ALONE.

That would have been friggin' sick man. Just wow....I remember that, but Duncan backed out :(

ThuglifeJ
12-14-2011, 03:21 PM
What bout tmac staying in toronto with VC. I remember oakley davis jackson mo pete and jyd were all capable defenders. I feel like they culd have been a more jordan pippen combo

Raph12
12-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Jordan-Pippen no, but could they be very good, sure... If Duncan didn't just use the Magic to get a better deal from the Spurs, it would be TMac-Hill-Duncan; when healthy, that's a dynasty if I ever saw one.

Wade>You
12-14-2011, 03:22 PM
The Magic could have paired up Hill and T-Mac with Dwight Howard if they could have convinced them to stay.

#Thinkaboutthat

kdspurman
12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
The Magic could have paired up Hill and T-Mac with Dwight Howard if they could have convinced them to stay.

#Thinkaboutthat

I think the Hill/T-mac/Duncan combination is even scarier than with Dwight. Both would be a force to reckon with.

RLundi
12-14-2011, 04:34 PM

#Thinkaboutthat

It wouldn't have worked. Dwight was still a braced-face rookie and Hill wasn't the same player at the time.

Different generations.

Duncan, McGrady and Hill at the time would have put 3 of the league's top 10 players together. Combine that with Doc Rivers and they could have won multiple championships.

Reptar
12-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Who is Jordan in this scenario?

phlp_bj
12-14-2011, 04:47 PM
jordan would've been hill

bholly
12-14-2011, 05:32 PM

To his credit, JB would've actually given it a meaningful title that tells people what the thread is and lets them find it later, not this useless ********.

Iodine
12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
To his credit, JB would've actually given it a meaningful title that tells people what the thread is and lets them find it later, not this useless ********.

Your credited JB though......

Reptar
12-14-2011, 05:59 PM
jordan would've been hill

Lol oh