PDA

View Full Version : Least productive rookie

Evolution23
12-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Which rookie do you think will not live up to expectations? I know it's hard to judge a player after his first year but I can't get over the hype Rubio has gotten. The way I see him play makes me believe he will be a big dissapointment for Mini.

OccupymyBallers
12-14-2011, 10:35 AM
I feel like Brandon Knight is a scrub.

mp3
12-14-2011, 10:36 AM
I also agree with Rubio. I also think Jimmer will not do anything worth while. Maybe hit a couple three's here and there and never average more than 13 - 15.

OccupymyBallers
12-14-2011, 10:50 AM
There's a huge gap between never doing anything worthwhile and averaging 15 points per game...

Hawkeye15
12-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Kemba Walker. Undersized SG's who are forced to play PG generally don't have a high rate of success.

I also don't think Jimmer will be anything more than a role player in his career.

Just a guess honestly. Everyone needs to remember that is was a very weak draft class, so the expectations for this class shouldn't be very high.

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Kemba Walker. Undersized SG's who are forced to play PG generally don't have a high rate of success.

I also don't think Jimmer will be anything more than a role player in his career.

Just a guess honestly. Everyone needs to remember that is was a very weak draft class, so the expectations for this class shouldn't be very high.

it's really crazy how low people are on kemba. he is a point guard -- his skills at the position will shock you. he HAD to go rambo at uconn, they had no one else to go to at the time. big-time competitor, good head on his shoulders, solid physical specs and a lot of room to improve. i see his ceiling as a good version of brandon jennings.

i think biyombo will prove to be a major project.

Da Knicks
12-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Kemba is the one, factor in he is a small sg and landed on a team with poop for an owner!

AntiG
12-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Kemba will be very good. He's got that "IT quality" to him.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2011, 11:20 AM
it's really crazy how low people are on kemba. he is a point guard -- his skills at the position will shock you. he HAD to go rambo at uconn, they had no one else to go to at the time. big-time competitor, good head on his shoulders, solid physical specs and a lot of room to improve. i see his ceiling as a good version of brandon jennings.

i think biyombo will prove to be a major project.

I have just seen the experiments fail so much dude. Only going off history.

agree on Biyombo. He reminds me of Ben Wallace, literally.

And again, I don't have much hope for this draft class as far as star players go anyways. I doubt more than 1-2 are all stars at any given point.

Cal827
12-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Bioymbio. I can't see him not fouling out every game.

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 11:24 AM
I have just seen the experiments fail so much dude. Only going off history.

agree on Biyombo. He reminds me of Ben Wallace, literally.

And again, I don't have much hope for this draft class as far as star players go anyways. I doubt more than 1-2 are all stars at any given point.

i think kemba will prove to be an exception. i saw him do too much at uconn last year not to believe.

yeah biyombo, i watched a lot of his film, raw and talented but i'm not sure he's even a plus defender at this point.

it really was an awful draft. what do you think derrick williams' ceiling is? can he move quick enough to play on the perimeter? he seemed way too slow in college to play the nba 3.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2011, 11:28 AM
i think kemba will prove to be an exception. i saw him do too much at uconn last year not to believe.

yeah biyombo, i watched a lot of his film, raw and talented but i'm not sure he's even a plus defender at this point.

it really was an awful draft. what do you think derrick williams' ceiling is? can he move quick enough to play on the perimeter? he seemed way too slow in college to play the nba 3.

I can't imagine Williams being a long term SF. I think his absolute ceiling is West with range. But I see him more a slightly more athletic Scola down the line honestly. If I had to guess, the Wolves move him in a year or two to try and bring in a player they need badly at SG or C.

Gators123
12-14-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't think Kemba will be anything special.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2011, 11:31 AM
I don't think Kemba will be anything special.

Knight is a good option for this thread, only because I just don't think he gets the responsibilities early to put up big numbers at all.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2011, 11:33 AM
I just realized we are all listing the guys drafted up top lol.

I pick Jimmy Butler to be the rookie with the least impact.

haggis
12-14-2011, 11:34 AM
I just realized we are all listing the guys drafted up top lol.

I pick Jimmy Butler to be the rookie with the least impact.

Hater. :p

Gators123
12-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Knight is a good option for this thread, only because I just don't think he gets the responsibilities early to put up big numbers at all.

With Rip and Stuckey (maybe) gone I think Knight will start and play big minutes. If Stuckey doesn't come back the only guards on the team are Bynum, Gordon, and Knight.

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 11:37 AM
i can't imagine reggie jackson will be seeing much playing time at all this season.

He115ing
12-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Kemba Walker in my opinion is a very stron ROY candidate. My prediction is that he is going to be a beast in the NBA in a couple of years. Rubio I think will be pretty lackluster. He looks really flimsy, he will get mauled by the NBA players

ManningToTyree
12-14-2011, 11:40 AM
Out of the early picks, I'm not to high on Brandon Knight.

OccupymyBallers
12-14-2011, 11:40 AM
How is Kemba Walker not a point guard?

strahan92osi72
12-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I think the T-Wolves could very well have the least productive rookie, Rubio, and the most productive rookie, Williams in the same draft. Not saying Rubio will be terrible, but he's not a baby Steve Nash either, which I can't tell you how many times I heard that. Meanwhile, I believe Williams is a super talent and I think he's gonna beast right away.

Sota4Ever
12-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Haha now New York fans are saying that Rubio will not be productive in the NBA. Wonder why so many went away from Rubio. I think if people expect rubio to score a lot of points this season they will consider him a bust because he looks to pass first. He could easily average 10 assists a game and a couple steals.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2011, 12:08 PM
With Rip and Stuckey (maybe) gone I think Knight will start and play big minutes. If Stuckey doesn't come back the only guards on the team are Bynum, Gordon, and Knight.

Where is Stuckey going?

Gordon, ugh. What happened to that guy?

LongIslandIcedZ
12-14-2011, 12:11 PM
A rookie averaging 10 assists a game? That would be very impressive if Rubio did that.

I'm going with Josh Harrellson, the Knicks reached getting him, and I think his only job will be to have A'mare and Melo's back when he's in. Stay in the lane and dish out some hard fouls. I am a big fan of his attitude and think he will bring some intensity to the KNICKS.

Phenomenonsense
12-14-2011, 12:12 PM

My thought process is that Stuckey is essentially out, since he thinks his mediocre play is worth 10 million a year. In practice there has been some 5 on 5 scrimmaging, and it seemed like the starting line up was the team with Knight on it. Knight/BG/Daye (Prince was taking it easy)/Jerebko/Monroe.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2011, 12:20 PM
My thought process is that Stuckey is essentially out, since he thinks his mediocre play is worth 10 million a year. In practice there has been some 5 on 5 scrimmaging, and it seemed like the starting line up was the team with Knight on it. Knight/BG/Daye (Prince was taking it easy)/Jerebko/Monroe.

If Stuckey is somehow out of the picture, than sure, Knight will be a contributing player this year.

Oefarmy2005
12-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Which rookie do you think will not live up to expectations? I know it's hard to judge a player after his first year but I can't get over the hype Rubio has gotten. The way I see him play makes me believe he will be a big dissapointment for Mini.

Do you remember the hype Rubio got when the Wolves drafted him from NY fans? Every NYK fan I saw was saying how awsome Rubio is going to be and how he will only play for New York and all that jazz. I am a level headed Wolves fan, I don't expect too much from him - the hype was generated by the NY media 2 years ago, and no the much from Minnesota media. Kid looks like he will probably be a pretty good starter in the NBA down the road, but I expect the whole team to struggle a out of the gate - Rubio probably more than everyone else.

Quietmoney
12-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Do you remember the hype Rubio got when the Wolves drafted him from NY fans? Every NYK fan I saw was saying how awsome Rubio is going to be and how he will only play for New York and all that jazz. I am a level headed Wolves fan, I don't expect too much from him - the hype was generated by the NY media 2 years ago, and no the much from Minnesota media. Kid looks like he will probably be a pretty good starter in the NBA down the road, but I expect the whole team to struggle a out of the gate - Rubio probably more than everyone else.

He'd definitely will be average over there but if you give him to Dantoni, his numbers would rise like yeast. Just look at all the point guards before Dantoni and then look at them during, then look after and out of his system. Steve Nash has Dantoni to thank for bringing out the best in him

Hawkeye15
12-14-2011, 12:34 PM
He'd definitely will be average over there but if you give him to Dantoni, his numbers would rise like yeast. Just look at all the point guards before Dantoni and then look at them during, then look after and out of his system. Steve Nash has Dantoni to thank for bringing out the best in him

why would they rise?

wjmoffatt
12-14-2011, 12:35 PM
DeMarcus Cousins. He has the potential to be an All Star maybe this season or next. But showing up at camp 325 punds just keeps proving the analyst right that his immature.

avon_barksdale
12-14-2011, 12:35 PM
ima go wit jimmer and rubio

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 12:36 PM

i think his ceiling is roughly a spanish rondo. sounds good enough to me.

Oefarmy2005
12-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Kemba Walker reminds me of Johnny Flynn, honestly and I was extremely high on Flynn coming out of college - lets see how that turned out... PG is expected to be pass first in the current league - and Kemba is a scorer. You never know though, Steph Curry is an exception to that rule and is a much better passer than he showed in college - maybe that will be the case for Kemba, but I have my doubts. Out of the list of top 10 rookies, I have to go with Kemba for now - time will tell.

Oefarmy2005
12-14-2011, 12:43 PM
i think his ceiling is roughly a spanish rondo. sounds good enough to me.

I am hoping Jason Kidd, but I wouldn't mind Rondo at all.

SeoulBeatz
12-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Well we all know ESPN wants to make Jimmer the next Tebow of the NBA.

But I don't see him being a great pro, he could potentially be a very nice role player though.

Iodine
12-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Fran Vasquez :p

SeoulBeatz
12-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Kemba Walker reminds me of Johnny Flynn, honestly and I was extremely high on Flynn coming out of college - lets see how that turned out... PG is expected to be pass first in the current league - and Kemba is a scorer. You never know though, Steph Curry is an exception to that rule and is a much better passer than he showed in college - maybe that will be the case for Kemba, but I have my doubts. Out of the list of top 10 rookies, I have to go with Kemba for now - time will tell.

Steph Curry's jumper is much better than Kemba's though. Kemba can hit shots no doubt, but he is pretty damn streaky. Steph Curry always has that 3 to fall back on and he doesn't need athleticism to score. Kemba will have to rely on that blazing quickness to make do in this league, no guarantees.

dhopisthename
12-14-2011, 12:48 PM
enes kanter will get very little time with jazz as things are currently set up. in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the only minutes he gets the first year will just be in garbage time

Iodine
12-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Kemba is perfect for the college game *backhanded compliment*

The_Jamal
12-14-2011, 12:52 PM
A good comparison of Jimmer is a less athletic, more crafty version of Ben Gordon. At the very least, he's going to be a 20 min a game guy who can come in and light it up, but his defense will hold him back. His ceiling imo is Steph Curry, who had a lot of the same concerns defensively as Jimmer (and still does) coming out of school

Iodine
12-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Besides the fact that a less athletic and more crafty BG would be nothing like Steph, sure why not

Hawkeye15
12-14-2011, 12:58 PM
I hope Jimmer proves me wrong, but I see nothing more than a role player honestly.

Phenomenonsense
12-14-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm very worried about Knight myself. He's not a westbrook/rose/etc athlete. He doesn't seem to have great passing skills. His shot selection is pretty questionable. I don't know. He just seems like he won't translate well in the NBA, but I hope I'm wrong. I've heard rumblings of an amazing shot, despite poor selection. (Apparently he rivals CV/Daye/BG in the ability to shoot the three) To get a Steph Curry-esq PG would be amazing for me.

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 01:04 PM
I am hoping Jason Kidd, but I wouldn't mind Rondo at all.

i mean yeah j-kidd is a hall of famer so i'm not quite ready to say he's on that track. same sort of a player though. big, good passer, good defender, can't shoot. can't wait to see how he turns out.

Hawkeye15
12-14-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm very worried about Knight myself. He's not a westbrook/rose/etc athlete. He doesn't seem to have great passing skills. His shot selection is pretty questionable. I don't know. He just seems like he won't translate well in the NBA, but I hope I'm wrong. I've heard rumblings of an amazing shot, despite poor selection. (Apparently he rivals CV/Daye/BG in the ability to shoot the three) To get a Steph Curry-esq PG would be amazing for me.

Well, he should be watching a lot of Jrue Holiday, who had the same criticisms.

I even see a ceiling of Jason Terry, he reminds me of his a little bit. But he could also flounder, who knows. I think worst case, you have Bobby Jackson.

Phenomenonsense
12-14-2011, 01:19 PM
Well, he should be watching a lot of Jrue Holiday, who had the same criticisms.

I even see a ceiling of Jason Terry, he reminds me of his a little bit. But he could also flounder, who knows. I think worst case, you have Bobby Jackson.

Yea. I thought rubio was going to be crap but seeing him play in more "nba/allstar-esq" games, I think he'll be better in the NBA.

Dolfan305
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Rubio will be awful

Sadds The Gr8
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Knight and Biyombo will disappoint imo.

Deception
12-14-2011, 01:30 PM
No one say Irving? The man played half a season of a one and done and becomes the number one pick?

Iodine
12-14-2011, 01:42 PM
We feel to bad for the cavs though

John Walls Era
12-14-2011, 01:45 PM
Jimmer is the most overrated rookie. Hes Vegas' 2nd most fave to win Roy.

jimbobjarree
12-14-2011, 01:50 PM
DeMarcus Cousins. He has the potential to be an All Star maybe this season or next. But showing up at camp 325 punds just keeps proving the analyst right that his immature.

lol