PDA

View Full Version : Bogut involved in 4-team Howard trade to Nets? Update: Orlando ends trade talks.

Pages : [1] 2

MagicFan1976
12-14-2011, 09:15 AM
According to http://www.basknet.info/2011/12/14/third-team-involved-in-nets-magic-talk-are-bucks/

According to xyz.com, trade talks between the Nets and Magic for Dwight Howard have gained steam over the past few days and league sources say a possible four-team deal has taken shape.

Everybody’s wondering which are the third and fourth team involed in these talks. Some sources say that one of them are the Milwaukee Bucks. The Orlando Magic would like to involve Andrew Bogut in trade talks about Howard. Allegedly, they are not satisfied with Brook Lopez of the New Jersey Nets.
:speechless:

Cal827
12-14-2011, 09:17 AM
So what, Milwaukee Gets Lopez instead? I would take that in a minute.. Although young, Freaking Bogut is kinda injury prone. Lopez is a young center with potential, even though he struggled rebounding last year.

What the hell is Otis Smith Smoking? Seriously, I want some.

RLundi
12-14-2011, 09:23 AM
Adding to the anomaly that is the Magic's front office.

As much as I don't want Lopez, I'd MUCH rather have him than Bogut.

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
this site has produced some pretty false rumors before, and the site it sources has no mention of a four-team trade, the bucks or andrew bogut.

sooo yeah.

JDMVP
12-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Tell me this aint good for Basketball?? come on put Dwight in Jersey, Please Let CP3 go to the Lakers.....thats easily $$$$$$$$$$$$

Young and Stupid
12-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Adding to the anomaly that is the Magic's front office.

As much as I don't want Lopez, I'd MUCH rather have him than Bogut.

You see, this is always fascinating to me. I really don't understand the approach here, but I'm always interested to hear the (specific) opinions of Magic fans who say that they're not fans of acquiring Lopez.

Would you mind elaborating?

Cal827
12-14-2011, 09:30 AM
this site has produced some pretty false rumors before, and the site it sources has no mention of a four-team trade, the bucks or andrew bogut.

sooo yeah.

Good point. Soon enough this will be a 6 team trade involving Orlando, Milwaukee, New Jersey, the Boston Bruins, Manchester United, and the Legion of Doom.

torontosports10
12-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Get the Raps involved and take whoever besides DeRozen, Davis and Jonas. We'll take a 2012 1st rounder back please and thank you :)

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 09:41 AM
Good point. Soon enough this will be a 6 team trade involving Orlando, Milwaukee, New Jersey, the Boston Bruins, Manchester United, and the Legion of Doom.

i think if the magic can get lex luther back they should move howard. good young villain, lots of upside.

edit: here is an article from woj. apparently four-teamer is in the works, still no word of which teams/players are involved.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_magic_nets_nba_121311

RLundi
12-14-2011, 09:46 AM
You see, this is always fascinating to me. I really don't understand the approach here, but I'm always interested to hear the (specific) opinions of Magic fans who say that they're not fans of acquiring Lopez.

Would you mind elaborating?

Admittedly, most Magic fans actually are keen on acquiring Lopez; I am not one of them. Magic fans are in favor of getting Lopez, tanking and essentially starting over; again, I don't hold those sentiments.

I dislike Bynum as well, but he's a much better player than Lopez and has seems to have much more potential. Advanced metrics prove he is vastly superior in almost every single category relative to the center position. The only thing skewing Lopez's numbers is that he has a much higher usage rate than Bynum.

The only qualm I have with Bynum (besides not liking his attitude) is his injury history, which is a legitimate concern for Magic fans. But I'd take the chance to be honest. Bynum has the chance to be great. We can build around him as the cornerstone. Lopez is a complimentary player.

It's just personal opinion.

oak2455
12-14-2011, 09:48 AM
I call BS

Evolution23
12-14-2011, 10:05 AM
not happening

jimbobjarree
12-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Get the Raps involved and take whoever besides DeRozen, Davis and Jonas. We'll take a 2012 1st rounder back please and thank you :)

you'd have to pay a 1st rounder for someone to take that crap :laugh2:

Nycbball08
12-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Might as well trade Jameer Nelson for Nate Robinson...

Young and Stupid
12-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Admittedly, most Magic fans actually are keen on acquiring Lopez; I am not one of them. Magic fans are in favor of getting Lopez, tanking and essentially starting over; again, I don't hold those sentiments.

I dislike Bynum as well, but he's a much better player than Lopez and has seems to have much more potential. Advanced metrics prove he is vastly superior in almost every single category relative to the center position. The only thing skewing Lopez's numbers is that he has a much higher usage rate than Bynum.

The only qualm I have with Bynum (besides not liking his attitude) is his injury history, which is a legitimate concern for Magic fans. But I'd take the chance to be honest. Bynum has the chance to be great. We can build around him as the cornerstone. Lopez is a complimentary player.

I, unlike many others Nets fans, believe that Bynum is a superior prospect to Lopez. He'll never be able to produce on the offensive end as Lopez will, but he has the potential to be a good-to-great interior defender and a dominating rebounder.

However, the issue, as you noted, is his injury history. When you have a player like Bynum, who's had multiple knee surgeries before the age of 23, it's very unlikely that his health will get improve. Big-men -- especially ones of Bynum's size -- and knee injuries do not mix. We've seen, time and time again, that knee injuries persist. If, by the off-chance, Bynum were to play out of the rest of his career without any other major injuries to his lower-half, he'd be the exception to the rule. Would you really want the Magic to take on a player (as the main piece of a deal for a top-3 NBA player) who has yet to complete a whole season? Who's missed roughly 35% of games over the first six years of his career? It really doesn't seem prudent.

I'm also not sure why you're opposed to rebuilding. The best positions to be in, in the NBA, are great and horrible. The last place you want the Magic to be is stuck in mediocrity with no chance of improving in the near future.

Yes, Lopez's efficiency is questionable. Yes, he's a below average rebounder for his size. But he's also a player with the talent to be the best offensive center in the league -- even better than Howard. If you have an opportunity to take him as part of a rebuilding package, you should jump at it.

Is Bogut -- whose defensive impact is severely overlooked, by most -- a better overall player going forward? Probably. But his injury history would suggest that danger looms in the near future. If the Magic trade for Lopez, they can acquire a big-man with one of the best offensive skill-sets in the league, a sizable 7'2" frame, and a player who's never missed a game in his career. There's a lot less uncertainty there.

Question: What makes you think Bynum can be a star? If anything, he's been refined to the role of a complementary player throughout his career; while Lopez has had to (attempt to) carry his team. We see Bynum's talent, but why do we assume that it will translate. He's never been higher than the third-option on his team (and he's usually 4th or 5th); so, he's never had to commit fully on both ends of the floor. Are we sure that he has the energy to do so? Are we even sure that his offensive efficiency will remain high if he's asked to be a one or two option? I guess that's where I disagree -- I don't see Bynum as a star player just as I don't see Lopez as a star player. To me, Lopez has proven that he could be a number-two option on a winning team. Bynum hasn't.

MagicBucsSox
12-14-2011, 10:15 AM

Magic fans don't want Lopez he's just better than bynum aka 27mins a game. Bogut we know can't block shots and lead the league doin it.

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 10:16 AM
i really don't see a trade going down

KB24PG16
12-14-2011, 10:20 AM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Just filed to ESPN with @chadfordinsider: Blazers emerge in trade scenario that would send Dwight Howard from Magic to Nets. Talks ongoing

KB24PG16
12-14-2011, 10:21 AM
In most advanced scenario discussed, Blazers swingman Gerald Wallace would join Nets center Brook Lopez as principal pieces Magic would get

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Def. don't want Bogut. Would rather have McGee than him

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 10:28 AM
gerald wallace, interesting. i wonder what portland is trying to get out of all this.

MagicBucsSox
12-14-2011, 10:30 AM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein

Damn well better involve LaMarcus

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Damn well better involve LaMarcus

guarantee that aldridge is untouchable.

wallace is one name mentioned, batum is another nice trade chip.

B2B
12-14-2011, 10:34 AM
gerald wallace, interesting. i wonder what portland is trying to get out of all this.

I would assume (cap space & a couple of young assets whether it be pick/s or players)

Portland sits 5th in the league in salary @ 66.7mil. They're probably trying to avoid the raised luxury taxes.

Better-Than-You
12-14-2011, 10:39 AM
I would assume (cap space & a couple of young assets whether it be pick/s or players)

Portland sits 5th in the league in salary @ 66.7mil. They're probably trying to avoid the raised luxury taxes.

exactly, Lamar's TPE for Felton. The Lakers will gladly take. Hell, they will take any trash you don't want with sasha's TPE (5.4M) also if it prevents Howard going to the Nets.

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 10:42 AM

hopefully picks if you're portland. neither team has a lot to offer on-roster, although i always forget marshawn brooks is on new jersey and i think he's going to be a good player.

exactly, Lamar's TPE for Felton. The Lakers will gladly take. Hell, they will take any trash you don't want with sasha's TPE (5.4M) also if it prevents Howard going to the Nets.

doubt that portland would flip felton to the lakers after essentially acquiring him to start.

Cano-Montero...
12-14-2011, 10:44 AM
So magic has no plans on rebuilding then...

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 10:44 AM
Bringing back 30+ year olds for Orlando is flat our ********

Knick_Fever
12-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Marc Stein just reported that the Blazers have emerged as the 4th team involved in the Howard to Nets trade. He also mentioned Gerald Wallace joining Lopez in Orlando. The other team involved is Milwaukee. check stein's twitter for the report.

Better-Than-You
12-14-2011, 10:47 AM
hopefully picks if you're portland. neither team has a lot to offer on-roster, although i always forget marshawn brooks is on new jersey and i think he's going to be a good player.

doubt that portland would flip felton to the lakers after essentially acquiring him to start.

A guy can dream right? It's hard to imagine that the Lakers traded Odom for nothing.... It's even harder to imagine Derek Fisher contributing at all this year; Fisher wouldn't even be a backup pg for most teams. He's that terrible.

OccupymyBallers
12-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Strange

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 10:48 AM
i love that rebuilding now = having no starting quality players on your nba roster. orlando has to field a team next year if they trade dwight.

i have a feeling something goes down today. lots of moving parts. we'll see.

Better-Than-You
12-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Sources: Nets in serious talks to get Dwight Howard. @ESPNSteinLine and @chadfordinsider report: http://es.pn/tIsglO

Howard probably goes to the Nets
Cp3 probably goes to Clippers
Kobe is gonna demand to be traded
Awesome year for the Lakers; I wish there was a still a lockout.

Denver-boy
12-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Adrian Wojnarowski reported Tuesday that the Nets are assembling a "blockbuster" four-team offer for Dwight Howard.
The principals in the deal still include Brook Lopez presumably heading to the Magic along with two first round picks, and Hedo Turkoglu heading elsewhere for cap relief, but Woj's report wasn't focused on that so much. Instead, he relayed that the Magic may decide to hold Howard until the trade deadline, and that Howard himself has run "hot and cold" on his public request to be traded to the Nets. More than likely his deal is being held up by the Chris Paul situation, or vice-versa.
-Rotoworld

It doesnt Say Bogut, but it says 4 team deal, block buster trade

I wonder If Bogut and Lopez are both going to Magic? idk but it says lopez for sure going to magic in the deal along with 2 1st rounders. i dont wanna get magic fans happy or anything but this sounds good!!

ESPN's Marc Stein reports that the Portland Trail Blazers have "emerged" as a team involved in Dwight Howard trade talks which would land Howard in New Jersey.
The Trail Blazers would send Gerald Wallace to Orlando, who would join Brook Lopez as the "principal pieces" the Magic would receive in return. The deal would also allow the Magic to shed the contracts of Hedo Turkoglu and Chris Duhon, and it sounds like something is might be brewing on the heels of a report that the Nets were preparing a blockbuster trade. Orlando has a big decision to make about the team's future.-roto

this is confusing, Idk whats gonna happen? really who does

Magic-Nets-Blazers-Bucks?? idk

but this what Im hearing

Magic Gets:
- Gerald Wallace
- Brook Lopez
- 2 1st round Picks

Nets Get:

- Dwight Howard

Blazers Get:

- ?

??4th Team?? Gets:

- ?

HeaTxRipZz
12-14-2011, 10:52 AM
So what would the bucks be giving up and what would they be receiving for that player? Heard it's Bogut but if Lopez is still going to NJ that doesn't make much sense for the Bucks

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 10:54 AM
maybe the bucks are taking on lopez and sending bogut to orlando. apparently portland is due picks acting as a facilitator.

AllBall
12-14-2011, 10:54 AM
I like Gerald Wallace. Lets see where this goes...

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8494/popcorn.gif

RLundi
12-14-2011, 10:56 AM
I, unlike many others Nets fans, believe that Bynum is a superior prospect to Lopez. He'll never be able to produce on the offensive end as Lopez will, but he has the potential to be a good-to-great interior defender and a dominating rebounder.

However, the issue, as you noted, is his injury history. When you have a player like Bynum, who's had multiple knee surgeries before the age of 23, it's very unlikely that his health will get improve. Big-men -- especially ones of Bynum's size -- and knee injuries do not mix. We've seen, time and time again, that knee injuries persist. If, by the off-chance, Bynum were to play out of the rest of his career without any other major injuries to his lower-half, he'd be the exception to the rule. Would you really want the Magic to take on a player (as the main piece of a deal for a top-3 NBA player) who has yet to complete a whole season? Who's missed roughly 35% of games over the first six years of his career? It really doesn't seem prudent.

I'm also not sure why you're opposed to rebuilding. The best positions to be in, in the NBA, are great and horrible. The last place you want the Magic to be is stuck in mediocrity with no chance of improving in the near future.

Yes, Lopez's efficiency is questionable. Yes, he's a below average rebounder for his size. But he's also a player with the talent to be the best offensive center in the league -- even better than Howard. If you have an opportunity to take him as part of a rebuilding package, you should jump at it.

Is Bogut -- whose defensive impact is severely overlooked, by most -- a better overall player going forward? Probably. But his injury history would suggest that danger looms in the near future. If the Magic trade for Lopez, they can acquire a big-man with one of the best offensive skill-sets in the league, a sizable 7'2" frame, and a player who's never missed a game in his career. There's a lot less uncertainty there.

Question: What makes you think Bynum can be a star? If anything, he's been refined to the role of a complementary player throughout his career; while Lopez has had to (attempt to) carry his team. We see Bynum's talent, but why do we assume that it will translate. He's never been higher than the third-option on his team (and he's usually 4th or 5th); so, he's never had to commit fully on both ends of the floor. Are we sure that he has the energy to do so? Are we even sure that his offensive efficiency will remain high if he's asked to be a one or two option? I guess that's where I disagree -- I don't see Bynum as a star player just as I don't see Lopez as a star player. To me, Lopez has proven that he could be a number-two option on a winning team. Bynum hasn't.

I think if you have the chance to get a dominating center, even if he's had injury concerns, you have to consider it and at least think about rolling the dice. The reason that I prefer Bynum is because Otis Smith will also demand Gasol or another big name. Because of Bynum's injury history, he is extremely undervalued (except by LA) so Orlando is well within their rights to demand another pivotal player, and if Bynum actually CAN stay healthy, along with a Gasol or some other player, the Magic will still be a contender in the East. If things don't pan out, Bynum is only under contract for another season; Gasol as well, which leads the Magic with exorbitant cap room.

The reason I think Bynum can be a star is because he has flat-out excelled in games that Odom or Gasol have not played. When he's been the first option, he has produced admirably. Though the sample size is a little smaller than I'd like, his advanced statistics tell the story- with a higher usage rate, Bynum has the chance to be an excellent center. Brook Lopez has a nice array of moves, but his rebounding is just abysmal and I can't envision him being a dominant or championship-caliber center, though I do think he can be a top-notch complimentary player.

Where I disagree with other Magic fans is they prefer Lopez and NJ's two picks. They reason we will suck and get a top 5 pick in a deep draft, which is great. But the two picks from NJ won't be as high because they assuredly would make the postseason with Dwight and the other pick (from Houston) would be a mid-first rounder because it's protected. So essentially, the trade would be Dwight and Turk for Lopez and at best, the 15th and 16th picks in the draft. I just think that's an atrocious trade.

mgsports
12-14-2011, 10:57 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Magic get Gasol and Fisher and then Lakers would keep Wafer/Duhon/Pruitt and Trade others that they got from Magic in Chris Paul Trade with Hornets/Rockets.

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 11:00 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Magic get Gasol and Fisher and then Lakers would keep Wafer/Duhon/Pruitt and Trade others that they got from Magic in Chris Paul Trade with Hornets/Rockets.

:eyebrow:

Squad13
12-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Why on earth would they want G force? Love him as a player but it makes no sense for them. Bynum while injury prone is clearly more talented than lopez.. he also plays in the West. Bynum with the same amount of touches as lopez has had would out produce him in every aspect of the game. Lopez isn't special, at all. Bynum has great hands, and has elite length. The kid could be a great player if he can stay healthy.

RLundi
12-14-2011, 11:03 AM

I don't foresee that happening.

Young and Stupid
12-14-2011, 11:05 AM
I think if you have the chance to get a dominating center, even if he's had injury concerns, you have to consider it and at least think about rolling the dice. The reason that I prefer Bynum is because Otis Smith will also demand Gasol or another big name. Because of Bynum's injury history, he is extremely undervalued (except by LA) so Orlando is well within their rights to demand another pivotal player, and if Bynum actually CAN stay healthy, along with a Gasol or some other player, the Magic will still be a contender in the East. If things don't pan out, Bynum is only under contract for another season; Gasol as well, which leads the Magic with exorbitant cap room.

The reason I think Bynum can be a star is because he has flat-out excelled in games that Odom or Gasol have not played. When he's been the first option, he has produced admirably. Though the sample size is a little smaller than I'd like, his advanced statistics tell the story- with a higher usage rate, Bynum has the chance to be an excellent center. Brook Lopez has a nice array of moves, but his rebounding is just abysmal and I can't envision him being a dominant or championship-caliber center, though I do think he can be a top-notch complimentary player.

Where I disagree with other Magic fans is they prefer Lopez and NJ's two picks. They reason we will suck and get a top 5 pick in a deep draft, which is great. But the two picks from NJ won't be as high because they assuredly would make the postseason with Dwight and the other pick (from Houston) would be a mid-first rounder because it's protected. So essentially, the trade would be Dwight and Turk for Lopez and at best, the 15th and 16th picks in the draft. I just think that's an atrocious trade.

Isn't it in Orlando's best interest to "suck," though? If I were a Magic fan, I'd want the team to shed contracts and assemble a team of young, cheap players with little hopes of competing in the next two or so years. Orlando needs to acquire a star; if they play poorly enough this season, they can get one.

I really don't understand getting Bynum and Gasol. You know that's not enough to compete for a championship. So, you'd prefer being a first-round (maybe second-round) exit? Makes no sense to me. That's why I was vehemently against the Nets signing Nene -- the last place you want to be is mediocrity. Either you're horrible or you're great. That's the right way to build a championship team. Which is, after all, the goal, no?

Also: To say that it's an atrocious trade is mind-boggling. It's the perfect trade for the Magic's circumstances. We'll just agree to disagree there.

Better-Than-You
I don't foresee that happening.

But dude, that's 7 rings for no ring Howard; what a steal for the Magic...

mgsports
Lopez is already in NJ.

B2B
Bringing back 30+ year olds for Orlando is flat our ********

Agree,

I'm a Raptor fan & know the stigma with the Raps/Canada & free agency but would be curious as to what people would think about this offer for Howard.

-Valanciunas 19yo centre, drafted 5th last season
-Davis 21yo PF, ranked top 5, fell due to wrist injury at draft (Had a solid 1st NBA season, showing great defensive potential)

& any combination of the following

-Bayless PG/SG former Portland pick
-James Johnson SF former Chicago pick
-future pick/s, excluding the 2012 pick.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's clear to anyone the main reason Howard wants the Nets, is the fact Deron is there.

If Raptors are able to trade for Howard on roster, who will walk to join who in free agency Deron for less in TO or Howard for less in NJ?.

Howard
Bargnani/Amir
2012 pick (Gilchrist/Barnes/Miller)
Derozan
Cap space = Deron/CP3 ---- Nash, last resort.

Iron24th
12-14-2011, 11:06 AM
Sources: Nets in serious talks to get Dwight Howard. @ESPNSteinLine and @chadfordinsider report: http://es.pn/tIsglO

Howard probably goes to the Nets
Cp3 probably goes to Clippers
Kobe is gonna demand to be traded
Awesome year for the Lakers; I wish there was a still a lockout.

:facepalm:

B2B
12-14-2011, 11:08 AM
-Rotoworld

It doesnt Say Bogut, but it says 4 team deal, block buster trade

I wonder If Bogut and Lopez are both going to Magic? idk but it says lopez for sure going to magic in the deal along with 2 1st rounders. i dont wanna get magic fans happy or anything but this sounds good!!

-roto

this is confusing, Idk whats gonna happen? really who does

Magic-Nets-Blazers-Bucks?? idk

but this what Im hearing

Magic Gets:
- Gerald Wallace
- Brook Lopez
- 2 1st round Picks

Nets Get:

- Dwight Howard

Blazers Get:

- ?

??4th Team?? Gets:

- ?

Those 2 picks are a 2012 (top 14 protected) & late NJ first, unless the Nets collapse with Deron & Howard on team.

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Agree,

I'm a Raptor fan & know the stigma with the Raps/Canada & free agency but would be curious as to what people would think about this offer for Howard.

-Valanciunas 19yo centre, drafted 5th last season
-Davis 21yo PF, ranked top 5, fell due to wrist injury at draft (Had a solid 1st NBA season, showing great defensive potential)

& any combination of the following

-Bayless PG/SG former Portland pick
-James Johnson SF former Chicago pick
-future pick/s, excluding the 2012 pick.

It's clear to anyone the main reason Howard wants the Nets, is the fact Deron is there.

If Raptors are able to trade for Howard on roster, who will walk to join who in free agency Deron for less in TO or Howard for less in NJ?.

Howard
Bargnani/Amir
2012 pick (Gilchrist/Barnes/Miller)
Derozan
Cap space = Deron/CP3 ---- Nash, last resort.

doesn't look at all appealing

mgsports
12-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Magic new Lineup Howard/Gasol/Hedo/Neslon/Fisher +3 more wins might make Howard stay and Gasol he would like because he wants Ellis and wanted them to keep Gilbert.

B2B
12-14-2011, 11:11 AM
doesn't look at all appealing

The trade or the team?.

Denver-boy
12-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Magic new Lineup Howard/Gasol/Hedo/Neslon/Fisher +3 more wins might make Howard stay and Gasol he would like because he wants Ellis and wanted them to keep Gilbert.

:eyebrow: Lakers give up Gasol and Fisher for who??? :facepalm: beyond a pipe dream

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 11:17 AM
The trade or the team?.

The trade. The team would be outragously awesome

mgsports
12-14-2011, 11:19 AM
I was just saying what the Magic Lineup would look like after this Trade http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine and know try it because i saved it?

RLundi
12-14-2011, 11:22 AM
I was just saying what the Magic Lineup would look like after this Trade http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine I already posted once today.

The link doesn't show anything.

B2B
12-14-2011, 11:23 AM
The trade. The team would be outragously awesome

Fair enough, I thought it would be a better rebuilding package.
Keep in mind for this nets current deal

-Lopez is a restricted free agent in a year likely to get a pay raise

-Wallace has age on him.

-The 2012 pick is top 14 protected

-& any future NJ first would be a late pick with Howard/Deron on roster..

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 11:24 AM
It's not even a current deal. Its current reports...and reports lately have been not so right

Better-Than-You
12-14-2011, 11:26 AM

:facepalm: your mom

MagicBucsSox
12-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Magic better not take Wallace but Batum instead. Like what's Otis have against young exciting players. What not bring Jennings back if Milwaukee is the 4th team?

RLundi
12-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm not buying into anything until I see the players in whatever jerseys they're supposedly traded to.

RLundi
12-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Magic better not take Wallace but Batum instead. Like what's Otis have against young exciting players. What not bring Jennings back if Milwaukee is the 4th team?

Maybe he REALLY doesn't wanna rebuild and start from scratch in the year we have the All-Star game in Orlando :shrug:

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Because Otis is with the now man...not the future.

B2B
12-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Maybe he REALLY doesn't wanna rebuild and start from scratch in the year we have the All-Star game in Orlando :shrug:

What do you think the reaction/effect will be on both Howard & that allstar game if Howard is dealt before hand?.

RLundi
12-14-2011, 11:43 AM
What do you think the reaction/effect will be on both Howard & that allstar game if Howard is dealt before hand?.

I don't know. I'm in favor of trading him as soon as possible to get it over with already, but it's gonna have a devastating effect on the city of Orlando and maybe the All-Star festivities.

Stern picked a bad year to give Orlando the All-Star game. Or Dwight picked a bad year to ask for a trade.

Either way, Orlando is effectively screwed.

Denver-boy
12-14-2011, 11:45 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=78m552v

Bulls Trade for Howard. Rumor is they want him

could work if Bulls are willing to deal some players for howard.

Magic gets:
- Noah
- Gereld Wallace
-Camby's expiring Contract
-Picks

Bulls Get:
- Dwight Howard
-E.Williams
-R. Anderson

Blazers Get:
- Turkoglu
- Luol Deng
-Taj Gibson

RLundi
12-14-2011, 11:48 AM

Seems like Orlando is getting the short end: no draft picks, no young players with manageable contracts. We'll be a 40 win team for years to come without any assets.

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 12:10 PM

Magic gets:
- Noah
- Gereld Wallace
-Camby's expiring Contract
-Picks

Bulls Get:
- Dwight Howard
-E.Williams
-R. Anderson

Blazers Get:
- Turkoglu
- Luol Deng
-Taj Gibson

I'd rather let Howard walk then that trade

JordansBulls
12-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Marc Stein just reported that the Blazers have emerged as the 4th team involved in the Howard to Nets trade. He also mentioned Gerald Wallace joining Lopez in Orlando. The other team involved is Milwaukee. check stein's twitter for the report.

I take this is more credible than the orginal link.

Sinestro
12-14-2011, 12:27 PM

The Magic dont want the Bulls players, Dwight doesn't want the Bulls and I seriously doubt the Bulls guts the team right now IMO, it seems like GarPax has a plan laid out until 2016

WPG_LAF_DR#1
12-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Hahhahahaha, ORL to trade DWIGH for a broken-down Andrew Bogut and a grandfather G. Wallace.....

Aust
12-14-2011, 12:35 PM
What do the Nets even have to offer?

numba1CHANGsta
12-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Bynum>>>>Bogut/Lopez

The Magic arent a very smart organization...

Mr_Amaziing
12-14-2011, 12:39 PM

LoL
This

KingPosey
12-14-2011, 12:41 PM

When you reached back for that "Legion of Doom" reference, you felt like you were sitting on gold didnt you?

dsonLAL24
12-14-2011, 12:44 PM
looks like lakers getting no body!! oh wait!!

mitch 2 big acquisitions- gerald green, mcroberts!! OH YEA! WE'RE READY TO ROLL!!

HouRealCoach
12-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Bynum>>>>Bogut/Lopez

The Magic arent a very smart organization...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! U MUST be kidding

OC Knights #11
12-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Would take Lopez over Bogut any day....make it happen

Irish_Magic
12-14-2011, 01:02 PM
The NBA!....Where I've gotta play with my best friend to be happy....I'm really sick of this BS...God bless players like Dirk and Tim Duncan....Both great for the sport and LOYAL to the teams that drafted them... and won championships with those teams as well. Truly a dying bread in sports....Otis, if you pull this trade off, we will NEVER win a championship.

NYYCowboys
12-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Wasn't it just the other day that Howard said he would stay with Orlando if there was "change."

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Yup...now they are looking to trade him again. This is why Otis should have been fired last week

Knick_Fever
12-14-2011, 01:39 PM
Wasn't it just the other day that Howard said he would stay with Orlando if there was "change."

Until he realized that 'change' was impossible. They have no value over there other than Dwight.

310Casper
12-14-2011, 01:46 PM
d12 will never a ring if he goes to NJ.

rurichie
12-14-2011, 01:51 PM
d12 will never a ring if he goes to NJ.

what makes you say that? he's going to have one of the best PG's in the game and Prokhorov would surround him with talent

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 01:55 PM
what makes you say that? he's going to have one of the best PG's in the game and Prokhorov would surround him with talent

Dwight wants to win now. They don't have a lot of talent on that team outside of Dwight and D-Will. It'd take a little while to surround them with a team that is ready to win it all. If Orlando could make one move by trading Ryan Anderson and JJ Redick and get a either 6th man or a 2nd go to scorer, Orlando would be better place for Howard to be than the Nets...Hell, I think right now Orlando is a better place to be than the Nets

Punk
12-14-2011, 01:55 PM

LOL He did such a great job of that so far, right?

MagicBucsSox
12-14-2011, 01:56 PM
I love how Deron Williams quietly is under the radar and never says he's stating in nj even if Dwight is traded there. The nets are a bare team. Idk what quality pieces can be put around them.

rurichie
12-14-2011, 01:57 PM

he has he got a steal in the D-Will deal has already invested **** loads of money into our organization and is on our way to the first and only billion dollar arena. Plus he paid the extra 4 mil to move the Nets to Newark for two seasons instead of being stuck in the Izod Center

rurichie
12-14-2011, 01:59 PM
I love how Deron Williams quietly is under the radar and never says he's stating in nj even if Dwight is traded there. The nets are a bare team. Idk what quality pieces can be put around them.

A defensive minded SF? AK
A nice SG? Crawford
A decent PF? Landry

All possibilites

jim51990
12-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Dwight wants to win now. They don't have a lot of talent on that team outside of Dwight and D-Will. It'd take a little while to surround them with a team that is ready to win it all. If Orlando could make one move by trading Ryan Anderson and JJ Redick and get a either 6th man or a 2nd go to scorer, Orlando would be better place for Howard to be than the Nets...Hell, I think right now Orlando is a better place to be than the Nets

They do have the future rookie of the year marshon brooks

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 02:01 PM

uh yeah, he traded for a superstar and might get another, and convince them all to play for a franchise that is, still, this year, playing in new jersey.

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 02:03 PM
They do have the future rookie of the year marshon brooks

You don't think he'd be included in any trade to get Dwight?

last stand
12-14-2011, 02:04 PM
why is noone laughing at the source this thread was started on. i mean really? XYZ.com is reporting. you people are hilarious

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM
howard and d.will could be a nice tandem.

hgtiger32
12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
No way the Bucks trade Bogut. It isn't going to happen folks

last stand
12-14-2011, 02:07 PM
well xyz.com reported it so it must be true lol. where are the mods?

5ass
12-14-2011, 02:08 PM
if the blazers are willing to trade wallace, i think orl should go after wallace to pair him with dwight, something like felton+wallace for nelson+clark+1st rounder+anderson

Felton/duhon
J-rich/JJ
Wallace
Davis/harper
Howard

good team

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 02:10 PM
if the blazers are willing to trade wallace, i think orl should go after wallace to pair him with dwight, something like felton+wallace for nelson+clark+1st rounder+anderson

Felton/duhon
J-rich/JJ
Wallace
Davis/harper
Howard

good team

Or Hedo for Wallace ;) hahahaha...but really. They wanted him before, and Roys gone now (still upset about that)..........

:p yes I'm being dumb

mgsports
12-14-2011, 02:10 PM
No way Howard to Nets gives them +21wins.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Howard get his wishes Ellis and Jackson on Magic.

PacersForLife
12-14-2011, 02:11 PM

Felton/duhon
J-rich/JJ
Wallace
Davis/harper
Howard

good team

Isn't the whole point of this four-team trade to deal Howard...?

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 02:15 PM
No way Howard to Nets gives them +21wins.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine Howard get his wishes Ellis and Jackson on Magic.

Dude seriously, if you're going to keep using the trade machine, make sure you know how to copy and paste the damn url...

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Isn't the whole point of this four-team trade to deal Howard...?

He's saying **** the 4 team trade and just do a trade with Portland

beliges
12-14-2011, 02:18 PM
At this point there are no sources that are 100% credible. These guys hear rumors, make speculations and report on twitter. The funny part is big trades like this go down when rumors are quiet and usually the rumored deals are not the ones that go down

mgsports
12-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Okay Both Richardson's to Golden Sate,Redick/Orton to Bucks and Ellis/Jackson/Biedriens to Magic?

last stand
12-14-2011, 02:21 PM
starting to get the feeling the magic take the kobe approach the lakers used and wait it out.

remember bynum emerged all of a sudden got hurt, pau gasol came. this all calmed kobe down.

Magic will hope that time can heal wounds and eventually lead to change and keep dwight. dwight is not set on leaving and that alone will give the magic a shot and they will be willing to take that shot until the trade deadline

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Okay Both Richardson's to Golden Sate,Redick/Orton to Bucks and Ellis/Jackson/Biedriens to Magic?

I for one would love that deal. Idk about Golden State...Bucks I'd assume would though

MagicBucsSox
12-14-2011, 02:30 PM
A defensive minded SF? AK
A nice SG? Crawford
A decent PF? Landry

All possibilites

And u have none of them , HELL YOU DON'T EVEN HAve DERON ON YOUR TEAM.

rurichie
12-14-2011, 03:09 PM
You don't think he'd be included in any trade to get Dwight?

The rule says something about after rookies sign they can't be moved for 30 or 60 days I think

rurichie
12-14-2011, 03:15 PM
He's saying **** the 4 team trade and just do a trade with Portland

there's no way the only reason portland is consider trading Wallace is because the Magic give them one pick and the nets give them 2 picks(Nets and Houston picks)

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 03:15 PM
The rule says something about after rookies sign they can't be moved for 30 or 60 days I think

Good call...I knew that even lol. Just had a discussion with someone about that

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 03:19 PM
there's no way the only reason portland is consider trading Wallace is because the Magic give them one pick and the nets give them 2 picks(Nets and Houston picks)

Orlando is not trading their first round pick along with Dwight Howard. That is ridiculously stupid

Wade>You
12-14-2011, 03:19 PM
@Woj
Orlando has ended trade talks for Dwight Howard, league sources tell Y! Sports.

Avenged
12-14-2011, 03:20 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

hmmmmm

-Kobe24-TJ19-

Wade>You
@Woj

hmmmmm:dance:

;)

IBleedPurple
Tell me this aint good for Basketball?? come on put Dwight in Jersey, Please Let CP3 go to the Lakers.....thats easily $$$$$$$$$$$$

This ain't good for basketball.

THE GIPPER
12-14-2011, 03:22 PM

Otis Smith may be the worst GM of all time

Raph12
12-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I think they may want both Bogut and Lopez... To play one of them at the 4.

rurichie
12-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Otis Smith may be the worst GM of all time

He had a deal that would make his lineup look like this:

J.Nelson
J.Richardson
G.Wallace
G.Davis
B.Lopez

Otis Smith---- :facepalm::facepalm: Are you serious ? :mad:

I think they may want both Bogut and Lopez... To play one of them at the 4.

Most likely Brook

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 03:28 PM
He had a deal that would make his lineup look like this:

J.Nelson
J.Richardson
G.Wallace
G.Davis
B.Lopez

Otis Smith---- :facepalm::facepalm: Are you serious ? :mad:

Most likely Brook

Hahahaha are you serious? That line up is terrible

Iron24th
12-14-2011, 03:30 PM
hahahaha are you serious? That line up is terrible

+1

rurichie
12-14-2011, 03:32 PM
+1

plus you guys most likely get a pick or two

RLundi
12-14-2011, 03:33 PM
I'm glad this wasn't done. What a ridiculously bad offer, Lopez and Wallace and NO picks.

Horrible.

I'm beginning to think New Jersey doesn't have what it takes to get a deal done. All they have is a pseudo-center, D-League scrubs and a couple of mid-first rounders.

nickdymez
12-14-2011, 03:34 PM

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA

RLundi
12-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Good.

Horrible trade.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Please.

Raph12
12-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Well who cares now... Talks are over apparently, I expect Dwight to ride the season, unless the Magic struggle mightily early.

PacersForLife
12-14-2011, 03:38 PM
Don't worry they'll be back at it before the end of the week....

I-4_Fan
12-14-2011, 03:38 PM

You would rather take a chance on a prooven injury prone player that is not the cornerstone of a team then a guy who can give you around 20 points a night?

As a migic fan I can say that Out of all three of these players I would much rather deal with Lopez. He is a piece we use to build around some one. Just like Bynum and Bogut would be. But at least he'll be on the floor. There is no replacing Howard. But I would rather use him the rest of the year and let him go to FA then a straight up trade for Bynum.

Wade>You
12-14-2011, 03:39 PM
This buys LA more time to acquire assets that the Magic covet in return for Howard.

He's going to be a Laker in the future, book it.

310Casper
If Howard decides to sign extension with Orlando, he will continue being a 1/2nd round playoff exit the next 5 years. No way he stays happy like that.

THE GIPPER
Well who cares now... Talks are over apparently, I expect Dwight to ride the season, unless the Magic struggle mightily early.

Thats the worst possible option for magic fans it means he'll leave and the magic get nothing in return

rurichie
12-14-2011, 03:40 PM
I don't see this being over yet.....

dsonLAL24
12-14-2011, 03:40 PM
710 espn reports that all trade talks for DH is over.

Thegame187
12-14-2011, 03:41 PM

If the Rockets can get Randy Orton we may offer Thambeet and Shane Battiers' old Karaoke club into the deal

BklynKnicks3
12-14-2011, 03:41 PM
The joke called the nets continues

310Casper
12-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Dwill is as good as gone. This cant be good for Nets fans...

rurichie
12-14-2011, 03:43 PM
I still don't seeing it as over it's just like Melo it was over then the knicks all of sudden offered Mozgov and bam

Mr.B
hope he stays in Orlando for the rest of the season. I want the Mavs to have an oportunity to sign both Dwight Howard and Deron Williams next off season!

Punk
Magic decided to take Dwight Howard off market, ending talks with Nets and the rest of his NBA suitors for now, league sources tell Y!

nickdymez
12-14-2011, 03:44 PM
hope he stays in Orlando for the rest of the season. I want the Mavs to have an oportunity to sign both Dwight Howard and Deron Williams next off season!

How would that happen new guy?

THE GIPPER
12-14-2011, 03:44 PM
I still don't seeing it as over it's just like Melo it was over then the knicks all of sudden offered Mozgov and bam

I agree the dwight saga will probably go right to the deadline which is a shame.

Robbw241
12-14-2011, 03:46 PM
I give it 2 days tops till talks are back on, then they die again, and then back on. :yawn:

oak2455
he will be a Laker wait n see:eyebrow:

Raph12
Thats the worst possible option for magic fans it means he'll leave and the magic get nothing in return

Worst-case scenario, they could always get Bynum at the deadline, if they let him ride out the season... DWill-D12 to Dallas.

BigCityofDreams
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM
^^^ Don't the Mavs have a ton of cap space next yr?

Mr.B
12-14-2011, 03:48 PM
How would that happen new guy?

The Mavs have been signing guys to 1 year contracts this year and Odom has a $2 million buy out clause in his contract. Plus Jason Terry and Kidd will be coming off the books. Also add in the fact that they can use the amnesty chip on Haywood or Marion (not to mention dumping Fernandez's and Brewer's contracts) the Mavs will be close to $30 mil under the cap next year and Cuban is planning on making a run at both Howard and DWill. DWill is from Dallas and both have said they would be willing to sign here. I have no doubt that Dirk would also be willing to re-work his deal to make this happen.

Teeboy1487
12-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Orlando needs to start building that team so they can convince Dwight to stay. They have a year. Unlike the Cleveland situation, Orlando is a nice city and market to play in especially with that gorgeous arena. Time for them to get to work or history will repeat itself by not trading Dwight.

dsonLAL24
12-14-2011, 03:51 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo: RT @WojYahooNBA: Y! Sources: The Orlando Magic end trade discussions for Dwight Howard, plan to start the season with him in the lineup. ... [v

Aust
12-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Magic decided to take Dwight Howard off market, ending talks with Nets and the rest of his NBA suitors for now, league sources tell Y!

This seemed like the obvious course of action. Did anyone really think the Magic would desperately jump for that bad trade?

I say Howard doesn't get moved until after All-Star break

310Casper
12-14-2011, 04:01 PM
This seemed like the obvious course of action. Did anyone really think the Magic would desperately jump for that bad trade?

I say Howard doesn't get moved until after All-Star break

So you think some team will trade away half their team for about 30 games of dwight howard?

The trade deadline and all-star break are the last week of February right? All star weekend is in Orlando too, what a coincidence.

tmacmamba
12-14-2011, 04:02 PM
This buys LA more time to acquire assets that the Magic covet in return for Howard.

He's going to be a Laker in the future, book it.

I'm a Laker fan but sadly i don't believe Dwight winds up here, I think its more likely the Lakers make a push for Chris Paul meaning trading Bynum for Chris Paul theres no way Stern can turn that deal down.

Raph12
12-14-2011, 04:04 PM
So you think some team will trade away half their team for about 30 games of dwight howard?

The trade deadline and all-star break are the last week of February right? All star weekend is in Orlando too, what a coincidence.

Trade deadline is March 15th, AS break is Feb 24th-26th; I think the Magic hold onto him until March-ish, and then re-evaluate everything.

tmacmamba

The trade deadline is on March 15 and will not just 30 games they get Dwight for the rest of his career possibly :rock: .

KB-Pau-DH2012
Mavs are going to go hard at both D-Will and Dwight next summer when they get cap relief. Lakers need to make a push for both CP3 & Dwight. Dr. Buss needs to pull the strings and acquire all the young talents from other teams as much as he can. PERIOD!

arkanian215
12-14-2011, 04:06 PM

Just a hypothetical but would you rather gamble on Greg Oden or gamble on Brook Lopez?

Raph12
12-14-2011, 04:09 PM
The trade deadline is on March 15 and will not just 30 games they get Dwight for the rest of his career possibly :rock: .

Dwight said he'll only resign with the Magic, Nets, Mavs and Lakers... No team will gut out their roster if he doesn't resign.

Mr.B
12-14-2011, 04:09 PM
The nets strike out more then arod in the playoffs lmao at nets

The funny thing is that in Dallas the fans are more concerned that if Howard is traded to the Nets now or prior to the trade deadline the Mavs will lose out on both DWill and Howard. The thought is that they will both just resign with the Nets instead of both moving to Dallas. That's why I'm hoping Orlando refuses to trade him.

Cromedome
12-14-2011, 04:11 PM
This is getting dumb.

PennyMy#1
12-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Dwight said he'll only resign with the Magic, Nets, Mavs and Lakers... No team will gut out their roster if he doesn't resign.

wow your sig is boobyliscious :speechless:

noice funbags ... !!1one!!1!!

RLundi
12-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Just a hypothetical but would you rather gamble on Greg Oden or gamble on Brook Lopez?

That's a good question. Again, this is preference but I'd take Brook Lopez. Watching Oden play, nothing I've seen thus far make me think he would be a franchise or dominant center were he healthy, so I wouldn't even take the risk. His advanced metrics are strong, but his sample size is even smaller than Bynum's, so I wouldn't even take the chance because I think Lopez can be as good or even perhaps slightly better than Oden. I think both Oden and Lopez could be good if healthy. But I think Bynum could be great.

310Casper
12-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Chad Ford: Nets offered everything they could for Howard: Brook Lopez + FIVE 1st Rd picks. Theirs in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018 + Rockets 2012 pick

LOLOLOLOL.

RLundi
12-14-2011, 04:19 PM
You would rather take a chance on a prooven injury prone player that is not the cornerstone of a team then a guy who can give you around 20 points a night?

As a migic fan I can say that Out of all three of these players I would much rather deal with Lopez. He is a piece we use to build around some one. Just like Bynum and Bogut would be. But at least he'll be on the floor. There is no replacing Howard. But I would rather use him the rest of the year and let him go to FA then a straight up trade for Bynum.

I think if you have a chance at greatness, you have to at least consider it. As I've mentioned previously, I don't even like Bynum, but his talent is irrefutable. Look at his advanced statistics, especially those when Gasol and Odom do not play, he's a very good player. As a first option, when his usage rate has gone up, he's been even more productive while maintaining efficiency.

Lopez is a good player, but I'd be loathe to suggest he'd even be great. I just don't see it. His rebounding rate is an atrocity for a 7-footer and I just don't see him dominating like Bynum can.

Again, just personal opinion.

BklynKnicks3
12-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Nets offered everything they could for Howard: Brook Lopez + FIVE 1st Rd picks. Theirs in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018 + Rockets 2012 pick. LmAooo

B2B
12-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Chad Ford: Nets offered everything they could for Howard: Brook Lopez + FIVE 1st Rd picks. Theirs in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018 + Rockets 2012 pick

LOLOLOLOL.

Rockets pick in 2012 is top 14 protected & any first even if it's 4 of them will be late firsts once NJ adds Howard to Deron.

Clear case of quantity over quality.

RLundi

LOLOLOLOL.

I would have turned that down too.

The Nets WILL be a playoff team with Dwight Howard every single year, that is a given. Why would Orlando want the 20th pick in the draft every other year until 2018?

mgsports
On both Lopez's to Magic?

THE GIPPER
12-14-2011, 04:23 PM

LOLOLOLOL.

This is just getting stupid. I honestly think the NBA makes these story lines like, "Dwight to NJ is CLOSE" knowing that in 24 hours another report would come out saying, "BREAKING NEWS: Orlando is done with Dwight trade talks". All from their unnamed "sources" = made up crap from the NBA to make headlines. Its like reading celebrity gossip magazines, nothing in it is true.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:24 PM
Nets offered everything they could for Howard: Brook Lopez + FIVE 1st Rd picks. Theirs in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018 + Rockets 2012 pick. LmAooo

lol I read that on ESPN, they sound so desperate because they know Deron Willimas will leave when he's a free agent and they thought that Dwight could convince Deron to stay but now it looks like they have to find another way.

jrm2054
12-14-2011, 04:29 PM
just trade him otis

ndfightirish12
12-14-2011, 04:32 PM
is there anything that the nets can possibly do now to make them better or is everything else out of the question

Robbw241
12-14-2011, 04:33 PM
just trade him otis

From what I've read it was more likely their CEO Martens thinking he can keep Dwight and that Otis was ok on the deal.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:35 PM
If Howard doesn't sign the extension before the trade deadline then Howard is still in the market along with Chris Paul because they won't lose their players for nothing, like Dan The Crybaby Gilbert.

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 04:36 PM
Hmm maybe we should offer up Nelson and Redick and our next 5 first round picks for Williams then. Would NJ do that?

seikou8
12-14-2011, 04:37 PM
ok wait thanlyou psd will to talk about something esle

ManRam
No reason to rush things...

I'm glad. Go into the season with him, see how things go and move from there.

Raph12
From what I've read it was more likely their CEO Martens thinking he can keep Dwight and that Otis was ok on the deal.

Otis and Billy King (Nets GM) are best friends and Dwight said he and Otis "have no relationship"... Wouldn't be surprised if Otis was okay with it, he makes WAY too many personal deals.

Shmontaine
12-14-2011, 04:38 PM

wow.. that's ridiculous

beliges
12-14-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't get why everyone was thinking nets had the best offer. Lopez is not the type of player you build around.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't get why everyone was thinking nets had the best offer. Lopez is not the type of player you build around.

I think it was only the Nets fan's that thought that.

mgsports
12-14-2011, 04:42 PM
Beasley/Deron Williams to Magic,Duhon/Redick/Luke Ridnour to Nets and Orton/Anderson/6.3 Trade E. and Outlaw to Timberwolves that might keep Howard in Orlando and you would add to Magic Bench at SG/SF with Nelson moving to SG I think.

rapjuicer06
The nets can't build around him, why do they think Orlando can? It's hilarious

Davidgta1
I have a feeling he's gonna stay in orl.

rapjuicer06
Beasley/Deron Williams to Magic,Duhon/Redick/Luke Ridnour to Nets and Orton/Anderson/6.3 Trade E. and Outlaw to Timberwolves that might keep Howard in Orlando and you would add to Magic Bench at SG/SF with Nelson moving to SG I think.

Stop....

Netslunatic76
I'm not sure how half the comments in this thread aren't deleted for baiting, but okay. :facepalm: Maybe if the Nets were the Heat, Lakers, Chicago, or Knicks.

@ The Knick fan who called the Nets a joke. . .the Knicks made the playoffs for the first time last year in how long?

The deal didn't go down because Orlando still thinks they can convince Howard to stay, not because the deal was bad.

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 04:44 PM
I'm not sure how half the comments in this thread aren't deleted for baiting, but okay. :facepalm: Maybe if the Nets were the Heat, Lakers, Chicago, or Knicks.

@ The Knick fan who called the Nets a joke. . .the Knicks made the playoffs for the first time last year in how long?

The deal didn't go down because Orlando still thinks they can convince Howard to stay, not because the deal was bad.

That was a terrible deal. Otis is an idiot, straight up. The fool needs to be fired. Otis and King are good friends and Otis see's Dwight costing him his job...so yea, I could see Otis being like hmm...ok deal

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 04:45 PM
No reason to rush things...

I'm glad. Go into the season with him, see how things go and move from there.

So essentially you want Magic fans to go through what Nuggets fans went through with Carmelo last year?

BigCityofDreams
Hmm maybe we should offer up Nelson and Redick and our next 5 first round picks for Williams then. Would NJ do that?

If they know for a fact D Will is gone than maybe they think about it.

Netslunatic76
daldridgetnt David Aldridge
As I said this AM, Orlando trading D12 right now is a longshot. Per Yahoo!, Magic pulls out of trade talks. Still think they can keep him.
17 minutes ago

rapjuicer06
12-14-2011, 04:46 PM
If they know for a fact D Will is gone than maybe they think about it.

Riiiight

ndfightirish12
12-14-2011, 04:47 PM
That was a terrible deal. Otis is an idiot, straight up. The fool needs to be fired. Otis and King are good friends and Otis see's Dwight costing him his job...so yea, I could see Otis being like hmm...ok deal

explain to me how that was a "terrible" deal

Netslunatic76
12-14-2011, 04:50 PM
I think it was only the Nets fan's that thought that.

Your homerism knows no boundaries does it? Orlando is gonna accept Bynum and scraps over the Nets offer of Lopez + 5 picks?

Edit: Just read 4 picks were going to Portland, but Orlando was also getting Gerald Wallace.

VinceCarter
12-14-2011, 04:51 PM
I love how PSD hates on the Nets so much :laugh2:

Deemerc
12-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Hey knick fans before u talk about the nets, I think u guys have been the joke of the NBA the past decade plus got embarrassed in the playoffs last year. NYC should have been cleanin the city with brooms after your playoff appearance last year.

ndfightirish12
12-14-2011, 04:55 PM

i know! and for some reason they think the trade offer from the nets was "terrible" hahahahahahahahahah

Netslunatic76
12-14-2011, 04:55 PM

:laugh2: It's crazy. For a team that sucks so much people sure do love to talk **** and see them fail. It's pathetic. Especially from so many Knick fans.

DaBUU
12-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Nets fans are mad

nate2usmc
12-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Wow, this is gonna be the Melodrama 2011-12 all the way until March 15 :pity:

Nets are gonna be winners this year.

Netslunatic76
12-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Nets fans are mad

Because we're defending our team? We didn't start the trash talking. You guys did.

nate2usmc
12-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Hey knick fans before u talk about the nets, I think u guys have been the joke of the NBA the past decade plus got embarrassed in the playoffs last year. NYC should have been cleanin the city with brooms after your playoff appearance last year.

i know! and for some reason they think the trade offer from the nets was "terrible" hahahahahahahahahah

:laugh2: It's crazy. For a team that sucks so much people sure do love to talk **** and see them fail. It's pathetic. Especially from so many Knick fans.

Really don't know why Knicks fans should be hatin. We have no room to talk since we just got done with a wack *** decade.

billsftw
12-14-2011, 05:01 PM
everyone just SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!
so sick of trade rumours now...

Netslunatic76
12-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Really don't know why Knicks fans should be hatin. We have no room to talk since we just got done with a wack *** decade.

I have no beef with the Knicks. I'm from New York and I watch them from time to time. As Knick fans ya'll should know what we're going through and shouldn't be trying to kick the us when we're down when ya'll were just in the same position.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:05 PM
everyone just SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!
so sick of trade rumours now...

:violin:

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:06 PM
explain to me how that was a "terrible" deal

Tell me how it is a good deal for the best big man in the NBA?

J4KOP99
12-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Orlando is just setting themselves up for even more failure...
Has everybody already forgotten what happened to the Magic last year in the playoffs?

--It's not like Orlando has any other assets either. If they keep Dwight, they will continue to be a 4 or 5 seed and knocked out in the 1st or second round.

I have been saying this about Orlando for the last 3 years... they ****ed themselves over with stupid contracts to overrated players. Now they are stuck.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:08 PM
I have no beef with the Knicks. I'm from New York and I watch them from time to time. As Knick fans ya'll should know what we're going through and shouldn't be trying to kick the us when we're down when ya'll were just in the same position.

The Nets will always be the New York Mets of BasketBall.

ndfightirish12
12-14-2011, 05:09 PM

you are getting 4 draft picks brook lopez and gerald wallace for a guy who doesnt want to be there anymore..if the magic get knocked out of the play-offs early this year (which they probably will) he wont resign with them and they ll lose him for nothing

ll_eric_ll
12-14-2011, 05:10 PM
Dirk
Dewight
Deron

Get ready Dallas

Big things coming to tha D baby, I'm sorry LA, NJ, everythings bigger in TX baby hajaha, now get mad!

DR_1
12-14-2011, 05:10 PM

And you wonder why... :facepalm:

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:12 PM
you are getting 4 draft picks brook lopez and gerald wallace for a guy who doesnt want to be there anymore..if the magic get knocked out of the play-offs early this year (which they probably will) he wont resign with them and they ll lose him for nothing

So by your logic any deal should suffice,:bs: If the Nets want Dwight they should give up Deron Williams and build around Howard, then it won't sound like such a robbery.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Dirk
Dewight
Deron

Get ready Dallas

Big things coming to tha D baby, I'm sorry LA, NJ, everythings bigger in TX baby hajaha, now get mad!

Bigger idiots, that's for sure.

VinceCarter
12-14-2011, 05:16 PM
THE HATE IS UNBELIEVABLE. Just shut your traps you guys support winning teams like the Bulls and Lakers. What is making you so insecure? I'm not going to sit here anymore and get **** talked about the Nets all the time. Every once in a while might be fine or funny but ALL the time is just immature and ridiculous.

benzni
they just wan't more. Orlando can't risk losing him in F.A

ndfightirish12
So by your logic any deal should suffice,:bs: If the Nets want Dwight they should give up Deron Williams and build around Howard, then it won't sound like such a robbery.

i dont know man its just frustration for me right now..the only good out of this will be that nets tickets will still cost less than a soda at the game

ll_eric_ll
12-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Bigger idiots, that's for sure.

U know why we big homie, cause we eating on that CHAMPION plate we stold from yall!! hajaha...

billsftw
12-14-2011, 05:18 PM

better than what the lakers could ever offer :(

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:19 PM
U know why we big homie, cause we eating on that CHAMPION plate we stold from yall!! hajaha...

Be happy you've won one because you're not winning this season.

Deemerc
12-14-2011, 05:19 PM
i dont know man its just frustration for me right now..the only good out of this will be that nets tickets will still cost less than a soda at the game

That is one positive I can bring my whole family to opening night for 30 bucks

billsftw
12-14-2011, 05:20 PM
THE HATE IS UNBELIEVABLE. Just shut your traps you guys support winning teams like the Bulls and Lakers. What is making you so insecure? I'm not going to sit here anymore and get **** talked about the Nets all the time. Every once in a while might be fine or funny but ALL the time is just immature and ridiculous.

EXACTLY!
the people who insult the nets are just insecure!
Lakers fans please stop embarrassing us all!
So we didn't get Dwight or CP3, get the **** over it.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:20 PM
better than what the lakers could ever offer :(

Pau Gasol+ Bynum+picks.

VinceCarter
12-14-2011, 05:24 PM

You just sound ridiculous now.

Dwight will probably pick up and leave after this season why would the Nets trade them Deron when we can just get Dwight to sign in the offseason. Also you never get that good of a return in these superstar trades. Do you see the Clippers giving up Blake for CP3? No they're not even giving up Eric Gordon.

ManRam
12-14-2011, 05:24 PM

Deron is worth CHRIS DUHON, JJ Redick and Luke Ridnour? 3 back ups?

Get out of here. Not happening in a zillion years.

ManRam
12-14-2011, 05:25 PM
So essentially you want Magic fans to go through what Nuggets fans went through with Carmelo last year?

Sure.

I just hope Dwight isn't as annoying as Melo (probably is) but more importantly I hope our front office learned from that situation. It can be handled better.

VinceCarter
12-14-2011, 05:25 PM
EXACTLY!
the people who insult the nets are just insecure!
Lakers fans please stop embarrassing us all!
So we didn't get Dwight or CP3, get the **** over it.

Glad somebody on here is mature.

last stand
12-14-2011, 05:26 PM
lol the nets offer was used to try to force the lakers hand to give up pau and bynum.

https://twitter.com/#!/MagicInsider/status/147062755973795840

Magic trying to smoke out L.A. with Nets trade tease. Lakers didn't bite. Magic want PGasol and ABynum for DHoward. Now what? Wait.

i wonder how nets fans feel that their deal was just leverage for their dealings with the lakers

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:27 PM
You just sound ridiculous now.

Dwight will probably pick up and leave after this season why would the Nets trade them Deron when we can just get Dwight to sign in the offseason. Also you never get that good of a return in these superstar trades. Do you see the Clippers giving up Blake for CP3? No they're not even giving up Eric Gordon.

They won't let Howard walk without getting anything in return, they should have learned from the Shaq ordeal.What's to say he will sign with nets in the off season if he does become a free agent.

thunderforce
12-14-2011, 05:27 PM
I think they all seen what the nets and the knicks gave up for Deron and Melo and think that is just the norm , I think they will be very lucky to get that much .

ManRam
12-14-2011, 05:28 PM
lol the nets offer was used to try to force the lakers hand to give up pau and bynum.

i wonder how nets fans feel that their deal was just leverage for their dealings with the lakers

I think Schmitz is speculating there...

Either way, it wouldn't be surprising. If LA can get a third or fourth team involved, then they probably can offer the best package if Bynum is involved.

VinceCarter
12-14-2011, 05:28 PM

I feel like that was actually smart on the Magic. But now since it didn't work they can get that much more from the Nets. BUT they have to make a deal soon otherwise his return is only going to get much worse.

dsonLAL24
12-14-2011, 05:29 PM

i would deal bynum and pau for dwight howard! deal the ball boy along with them!!

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Glad somebody on here is mature.

I don't know why Lakers fans are insulting Nets fans on these boards. We really have nothing against you guys, I think it's just the competitive juices flowing of just wanting Dwight so bad.

Us Lakers fans hate Celtics, Heat and Mavs fans. We hate the Celtics because of the rivalry, we hate the Mavs fans because they dethroned us, are the current champs, and heisted Lamar Odom from us. But both of those franchises are classy as hell and we respect them.

I'm not going to get into the "HEAT" and their fans LOL.

But Nets fans are cool.

jammastershake
12-14-2011, 05:31 PM
1. Howard is not staying in orlando. I think he fooled the Magic owners into believing he wants to stay there with his recent comments.

2. Who's the chick in ralp's sig?

VinceCarter
They won't let Howard walk without getting anything in return, they should have learned from the Shaq ordeal.What's to say he will sign with nets in the off season if he does become a free agent.

The Nets will have cap room again at the end of the season and Deron can get Dwight to sign. Brooklyn will be RIGHT around the corner too. Barclays center is planned to open Halloween 2012. Also Dwight said the Nets are one of four teams he'd sign long term with.

All this and I like the chances.

ll_eric_ll
[QUOTE=ThunderousDemon;20122579]Be happy you've won one because you're not winning this season.[/QUOTE

I believe thats what most of tha league was saying about us last year. lol Is koo thats just tha way we like it! PSD always seem to overlook my MAVS, but yall forget the genious owner we have, and Deron already said he would like to play for us, Mark Cuban has D12 respect, and knows if he comes to Dallas he will always be surrounded by talent. Why would he go to tha Lakers to play with washed up kobe!?,.. shhhh yall dont even have tha Kardashians anymore lol

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:32 PM
i would deal bynum and pau for dwight howard! deal the ball boy along with them!!

I would have agreed with you if we had Odom, but we lose all our front court and now the Devin is injured I don't think it would be smart for us.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 05:33 PM

Let Dwight force the hand and compel Orlando to take on Bynum + fillers. Let Orlando and that incompetent Otis Smith suffer until the trade deadline.

And apparently, buy the sound of Magic fans on these posters, they're willing to suffer like Nuggets fans (with the Melo thing last yr).

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:33 PM
The Nets will have cap room again at the end of the season and Deron can get Dwight to sign. Brooklyn will be RIGHT around the corner too. Barclays center is planned to open Halloween 2012. Also Dwight said the Nets are one of four teams he'd sign long term with.

All this and I like the chances.

We'll see then.

nickdymez
12-14-2011, 05:34 PM
[QUOTE=ThunderousDemon;20122579]Be happy you've won one because you're not winning this season.[/QUOTE

I believe thats what most of tha league was saying about us last year. lol Is koo thats just tha way we like it! PSD always seem to overlook my MAVS, but yall forget the genious owner we have, and Deron already said he would like to play for us, Mark Cuban has D12 respect, and knows if he comes to Dallas he will always be surrounded by talent. Why would he go to tha Lakers to play with washed up kobe!?,.. shhhh yall dont even have tha Kardashians anymore lol

16 Championships buddy. Dont get to cocky yet. Respect your big brothers. The Lakers are every teams big brother.

KB-Pau-DH2012
I would have agreed with you if we had Odom, but we lose all our front court and now the Devin is injured I don't think it would be smart for us.

Derrick Caracter is the one injured for us, and even if he played for us, he's not that good enough IMO. Would probably see 5-7 MPG at the most. McRoberts will be more than serviceable.

KB-Pau-DH2012
[QUOTE=ll_eric_ll;20122809]

17 Championships buddy. Dont get to cocky yet. Respect your big brothers. The Lakers are every teams big brother.

17 to come, we currently have 16.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:36 PM

Kobe still has three years left in him. If Howard were to come to LA he would become the Face the Franchise when Kobe retires and Lakers could surround him with talent like they always do with every player.

iam brett favre
12-14-2011, 05:37 PM
:yawn:
As predicted by me, dwight and paul are going nowhere. Its all media buzz

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Derrick Caracter is the one injured for us, and even if he played for us, he's not that good enough IMO. Would probably see 5-7 MPG at the most. McRoberts will be more than serviceable.

I'm still weary but Jerry and Mitch will work their magic.

FriedTofuz
12-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Mavericks are smart, theyre gonna get DWILL and howard with all that cap, unless the lakers can aquire more assets to trade for howard before the deadline.

ll_eric_ll
12-14-2011, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=ll_eric_ll;20122809]

17 Championships buddy. Dont get to cocky yet. Respect your big brothers. The Lakers are every teams big brother.

IDK about you "Big Brother" but I like living in tha present not in tha past, you like throwing your 17 rusted up O'bryans in peoples faces, I'll remind you we have the best owner in tha NBA in our front office, and ever since he took over we are one of the leagus most successfull franchises. And when Dwight and Deron kum on board we gonna sweep yall every year, just like we did B4! lol

nickdymez
12-14-2011, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=nickdymez;20122845]

17 to come, we currently have 16.

Oh yea. Let me edit.. lol .... thanks!

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:44 PM

IDK about you "Big Brother" but I like living in tha present not in tha past, you like throwing your 17 rusted up O'bryans in peoples faces, I'll remind you we have the best owner in tha NBA in our front office, and ever since he took over we are one of the leagus most successfull franchises. And when Dwight and Deron kum on board we gonna sweep yall every year, just like we did B4! lol

Lets see at the end of the season who had a better season buddy.

nickdymez
12-14-2011, 05:44 PM

[b]IDK about you "Big Brother" but I like living in tha present not in tha past, [b/]you like throwing your 17 rusted up O'bryans in peoples faces, I'll remind you we have the best owner in tha NBA in our front office, and ever since he took over we are one of the leagus most successfull franchises. And when Dwight and Deron kum on board we gonna sweep yall every year, just like we did B4! lol

lmao.. we won 5 in the last 11 years.. hahahhahaha... Little brother

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:46 PM

One championship doesn't equate to one of the Leagues Most Successful Franchises.

VinceCarter
12-14-2011, 05:47 PM
http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/12/14/2636071/trading-the-unhappy-superstar

Great read.

Da Knicks
12-14-2011, 05:54 PM
This is gonna go on for a while imo, any time a star is in trade talks alot of rumors will surface. Knick fans need to lay off the net fans here, sure some of them are annoying and talked alot of crap last year (domefavors) but one fan does not make the whole fanbase a bad one remember that net fans! Laker fans yaw need to chill out too, first time things dont go yaws way no need to throw a fit!