PDA

View Full Version : Hornets stop pushing Clippers for Eric Gordon

Clippersfan86
12-14-2011, 02:54 AM
http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2011/12/post_30.html

Pretty big development. Apparently the league realized Olshey wasn't going to allow the raping. Seems like the teams have agreed to remove Gordon from talks and are making progress by also adding Mo Williams for Trevor Ariza and additional pick(s) to the deal.

Mods I see multiple CP3 threads and didn't know where to place this or want it to get buried. I apologize for not placing in proper place (if I didn't).

Twista
12-14-2011, 02:56 AM
Another big three will form now. Blake/Gordon/CP3

WOO! I don't care how dangerous that team would be, it sounds like a FUN team to watch.

hugepatsfan
12-14-2011, 02:58 AM
Mo for Ariza was actually a compromise I meant to bring up in another thread.

LAC gets: CP3, Ariza
NO gets: Eric Bledsoe, AFA, Kaman's expiring contract, Mo Williams, MIN 2011 1st rounder, another pick or 2 from the Clips

That would give NO a couple of talented young players in Bledsoe and AFA, salary cap relief in Kaman's expiring, a likely high pick in a strong draft, 1-2 late picks for some depth, and a contract in Mo that will be a decent chip next offseason. It also makes them suck enough in the short term that they get a high pick themselves in this deep draft (which was my primary objection to the LAL/HOU deal).

For the Clips, it leaves them w/ a strong guard rotation - CP3, Gordon, Billups. Ariza isn't a great contract, but he's not a bad backup wing. Then they could package Gomes + Foye to get some big man depth.

Nets/Raiders!
12-14-2011, 03:00 AM
CP3 + Gordon + Butler + Griffin + Jordan/Kaman = destruction

Clippersfan86
12-14-2011, 03:02 AM

Kaman would be in trade. You think that's a contending team?

Lakers4life08
12-14-2011, 03:07 AM
Mitch send Gasol to wolves and **** Stern big time!!!!

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:12 AM
i posted this in clipper forum's CP3 thread. still not convinced on the longevity of CP3's knee but Im sure he would last the next 2 years. if this goes through tho, we need a back up big very badly. other than that this will be the team clippers has been trying to build for the last 27 years of DTS era.

GodsSon
12-14-2011, 03:13 AM
The trade proposal without Gordon is good enough as it is for NO.

marj987
12-14-2011, 03:13 AM
He should get dealt this time.

MTar786
12-14-2011, 03:16 AM
Kaman would be in trade. You think that's a contending team?

i think this is a contending team

cp3/billups
eric gordon/billups/butler
butler/ariza
griffin
jordan

This season they will be ON PAR with the thunder imo.. by seasons end i thinkthe top 4 teams in the west will be ....
lakers
dallas
okc
la clippers

They are one signing away from being legit contenders. they need a back up C and a backup 2 guard. i see them losing in the second roundthough this season... and by next season they will be a top 3 west easily and have decent odds of winning it all.

honestly.. no one will agree to this.. but i would actually offer orlando blake griffin and fillers for dwight howard and orlandos 2012 first pick.
that would make them legit contenders THIS season

Clippersfan86
12-14-2011, 03:17 AM
He should get dealt this time.

Stern and his crooks like to play cutthroat bully ball so we shall see. I have my doubts it even becomes an official offer like other offer. I won't get excited again... until done.

Teeboy1487
12-14-2011, 03:19 AM
Wow, that would be one scary *** team if it happens.

Clippersfan86

cp3/billups
butler/ariza
griffin
jordan

They are one signing away from being legit contenders. they need a back up C and a backup 2 guard. i see them losing in the second roundthough this season... and by next season they will be a top 3 west easily and have decent odds of winning it all.

honestly.. no one will agree to this.. but i would actually offer orlando blake griffin and fillers for dwight howard and orlandos 2012 first pick.

I agree with this very much. Gordon's backups are Randy Foye and high potential rookie Travis Leslie BTW. Blake Griffin is backed up by rookie Trey Thompkins whom Ralph Lawler is big on and has compared to Channing Frye. Apparently he's killing it in scrimmages right now.

Chronz
Thats exactly what I proposed in the last thread, its the counter offer I got back in 2K12

don'tfireNedCo

cp3/billups
butler/ariza
griffin
jordan

we have foye... he is more than a serviceable backup 2 guard. we need a backup big. thompkins supposedly has been dominating kaman in practice so far, but we need a legitimate 7 footer back up center. if we get that, i would feel most confident than ever as a clipper fan going into this season.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:20 AM
I would actually want Gordon over the pick just for assurance. Don't know why they pushed off Gordon instead of Minny's pick.

5ass
12-14-2011, 03:21 AM
cool lets see it done today.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:21 AM
Thats exactly what I proposed in the last thread, its the counter offer I got back in 2K12

lol so that's the secret eh, professor chronz?

jk man but you were right all along about CP3, from what, 3 months ago? we should call you a prophet!:)

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 03:22 AM
If the Clippers aren't offering Gordon anymore then what exactly can they offer, that the lakers won't be able to match.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:23 AM
I would actually want Gordon over the pick just for assurance. Don't know why they pushed off Gordon instead of Minny's pick.

money. gordon is about to get his extension and Im sure it will be around 12-13 mil per year easily. the minny's pick provides the hornets with a great deal of financial flexibility.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:23 AM
If the Clippers aren't offering Gordon anymore then what exactly can they offer, that the lakers won't be able to match.

we never offered EJ. don't believe the misinformation campaign of Stern and sloppy reports from BSPN.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:25 AM
let's not get too excited, guys. this deal is still pending stern's seal of approval.

ThunderousDemon
we never offered EJ. don't believe the misinformation campaign of Stern and sloppy reports from BSPN.

Who is EJ exactly:confused:

marj987
Lol. If he gets dealt then I'm pissed if I'm the Lakers.

Clippersfan86

Even Eric Pincus said the Clippers deal sans Gordon blows away the Lakers offer and he's a Lakers fan! You need to step back into reality dude. A rebuilding team wants draft picks+cap space. Not take on huge salaries+get a lot older. Unless you think Kevin Martin+Scola was going to carry Hornets anywhere...

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:26 AM
money. gordon is about to get his extension and Im sure it will be around 12-13 mil per year easily. the minny's pick provides the hornets with a great deal of financial flexibility.

Yea, but it's a pick your poison move.

Eric Gordon and assurance at $13 mil or $3-5 mil of an uncertain player. I'd play it safe but that's just me.

marj987

Lmao and not to long ago you corrected me for sayings his name wrong.

don'tfireNedCo
Eric Gordon Jr. EJ is what his family calls him. it is what he prefers to be called, and if you ever watch clipper games that is what ralph lawler and mike smith calls him. EJ doesn't like being called EG.

Raps08-09 Champ

They offer young potential and financial flexibility. 2 things essential for rebuilding.

Clippersfan86
let's not get too excited, guys. this deal is still pending stern's seal of approval.

It's not even an official proposal right? Still being negotiated.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:27 AM

His name is Eric Gordon Junior...

don'tfireNedCo

yes. EJ is correct. EG is not.

5ass
wow i just thought about it, clippers will probably be top 4 in the west and contenders next season, they got the #1 pick (supposedly) this season.
also Ariza is a decent player. A rotation of chauncey, paul, Butler, Ariza at the guards and sf positions is very good defensively and offensively. If this goes through, they're the better team in LA IMO (for now)

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 03:28 AM
Even Eric Pincus said the Clippers deal sans Gordon blows away the Lakers offer and he's a Lakers fan! You need to step back into reality dude. A rebuilding team wants draft picks+cap space. Not take on huge salaries+get a lot older. Unless you think Kevin Martin+Scola was going to carry Hornets anywhere...

Scola+Dragic+Martin+Odom+picks is better than any deal the Clippers would offer, not including Gordon?:facepalm:

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:28 AM
It's not even an official proposal right? Still being negotiated.

the result of this deal will tell us whether stern is actually trying to help the hornets or secretly planning to contract them.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:29 AM
wow i just thought about it, clippers will probably be top 4 in the west and contenders next season, they got the #1 pick (supposedly) this season.
also Ariza is a decent player. A rotation of chauncey, paul, Butler, Ariza at the guards and sf positions is very good defensively and offensively. If this goes through, they're the better team in LA IMO (for now)

that's the centerpiece of the trade.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:29 AM
the result of this deal will tell us whether stern is actually trying to help the hornets or secretly planning to contract them.

Is this a joke?

I assume you are saying if they accept(and help the Clippers), they are trying to save them. But if he rejects(and doesn't help the Clippers), there's a conspiracy?

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:30 AM
Scola+Dragic+Martin+Odom+picks is better than any deal the Clippers would offer, not including Gordon?:facepalm:

how do you suppose NBA would sell the team with that salary when the hornets are already one of the least profitable teams? i can tell you have no business experience.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:30 AM

How so?

Tell me what that does for the Hornets. Because it doesn't get them to the playoffs, gives them ****** contracts and those guys are all past their prime and on the decline.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 03:31 AM

:facepalm::laugh:

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:32 AM
Is this a joke?

I assume you are saying if they accept(and help the Clippers), they are trying to save them. But if he rejects(and doesn't help the Clippers), there's a conspiracy?

settle down, a contraction was a big part of the lockout.

ThunderousDemon
how do you suppose NBA would sell the team with that salary when the hornets are already one of the least profitable teams? i can tell you have no business experience.

Lol I bet you have tons of business experience working at wall street for 50 years.

Lakers + Giants
Is that "source" Legit?

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 03:33 AM
How so?

Tell me what that does for the Hornets. Because it doesn't get them to the playoffs, gives them ****** contracts and those guys are all past their prime and on the decline.

Any Deall the Clippers give them won't take them to the playoffs anyway so what the hell is your point,those are all starters.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:34 AM
Lol I bet you have tons of business experience working at wall street for 50 years.

no i own a dental office. i am not a stock broker, but buying unprofitable office with high overhead is the fastest way to ruin yourself.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 03:35 AM
Is that "source" Legit?

Who knows the clipper fans are coming out of their caves and celebrating already.:laugh:

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:35 AM
settle down, a contraction was a big part of the lockout.

Again, is this a joke?

The lockout was all about money. Contraction wasn't even on anyone's mind during this lockout.

Even then, Stern invested $300 mil into the Hornets. How is he going to contract them? He's the same guy who's stopped the Hornets from being relocated and has said numerous times he wants to expand. In what way is the Hornets seriously being considered to be contracted by the NBA?

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:36 AM

Who knows the clipper fans are coming out of their caves and celebrating already.:laugh:

try reading the whole thread, son.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:36 AM

Lakers fans were dancing and already making plans as soon as the Lakers were back in talks with the Hornets.

Don't diss the Clippers when your fellow Lakers fans have done the exact same.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:37 AM
Again, is this a joke?

The lockout was all about money. Contraction wasn't even on anyone's mind during this lockout.

Even then, Stern invested $300 mil into the Hornets. How is he going to contract them? He's the same guy who's stopped the Hornets from being relocated and has said numerous times he wants to expand. In what way is the Hornets seriously being considered to be contracted by the NBA?

hey, i didn't start this talk, but many sports writers have.

marj987
12-14-2011, 03:37 AM
Yeah this source doesn't even look good, if this source was legit then this would have been a thread hors ago.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:39 AM
Any Deall the Clippers give them won't take them to the playoffs anyway so what the hell is your point,those are all starters.

Do you not know how a business works?

They are REBUILDING. That means getting young talent and financial flexibility for the future. If all goes well, they will make the playoffs sooner. If they get that crap from the LAL deal, they won't make the playoffs even with all those starters then when all those guys leave, they'll have to wait even more just to get back on track.

That's my point. Learn how the NBA works. Getting more talent now doesn't mean better results in the long run.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 03:39 AM
no i own a dental office. i am not a stock broker, but buying unprofitable office with high overhead is the fastest way to ruin yourself.

I'm sorry I forget that owning a dental office automatically qualifies you as an expert within the NBA. There's a difference between owning a dental office and working in the NBA.

DerekRE_3
12-14-2011, 03:40 AM
I'd love to see the Clips get CP3 and have Paul/Gordon/Blake. If they have to take Ariza back that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. He'd be a nice fit.

Paul/Gordon/Ariza or Butler/Griffin/Jordan

Pretty good now and potentially awesome going forward.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:40 AM
hey, i didn't start this talk, but many sports writers have.

This talk of contraction only started when Lebron went to the Heat. Let's not act like contraction was a big problem before. Everyone is just looking for a new thing to blame.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:41 AM
I'm sorry I forget that owning a dental office automatically qualifies you as an expert within the NBA. There's a difference between owning a dental office and working in the NBA.

Yea, but considering what I see in your post, he has more NBA knowledge than you.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:42 AM

haha then please tell me mr economist, how does a business losing money already become profitable by adding more overhead?

Lakers + Giants
12-14-2011, 03:43 AM
Yeah this source doesn't even look good, if this source was legit then this would have been a thread hors ago.

Exactly, I had to make sure so i can go to sleep knowing that we still have a slim shot :pray:. haha

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 03:44 AM
Yea, but considering what I see in your post, he has more NBA knowledge than you.

:facepalm::clap::up::laugh: I'm getting out of here, the Clipper fan's will oppose anything that doesn't support what they claim. If the hornets are rebuilding then the clippers should give up Gordon to the hornets to help them out, hey they're rebuilding after all I can't see anyone better to help them out than Eric Gordon.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:46 AM
:facepalm::clap::up::laugh: I'm getting out here, the Clipper fan's will oppose anything that doesn't support what they claim. If the hornets are rebuilding then the clippers should Gordon to the hornets to help them out.

Good. You need to get out. Learn some NBA knowledge.

Because if you really think that the LAL-HOU deal is better for the Hornets over the Clippers deal looking at the bigger picture, you really need to get some NBA knowledge if you expect to last on this site.

And what you just said about Clippers' fans can be said about the Lakers' fans as well.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:47 AM
copping out already, mr economist?

good night kid. make sure you brush your teeth! ;)

Clippersfan86
12-14-2011, 03:47 AM
You guys questioning the source realize that's the main newspaper/reporting agency of New Orleans right? That's like the LA Times for Los Angeles. Of course it's legit. Maybe not RIGHT... but legit obviously. You didn't hear about it hours ago because you aren't looking in the right places. Few hours ago it was even reported that Mo Williams/Trevor Ariza have slipped into talks.

goalie
12-14-2011, 03:51 AM
For NO to have a shot at 2 players in the top 5 of this draft, it's worth it.

drummond, sullinger, davis, barnes or lamb?

Clippersfan86
12-14-2011, 03:52 AM
http://www.nola.com/news/

NFLNBA
12-14-2011, 03:52 AM
Ugh so sick of hearing about CP3! He should have already been practicing for the Lakers for a couple days now. Stern just needs to keep him in NOH and see where he goes as a free agent. By stopping that Lakers trade its gonna make the NBA look real flaky letting him go anywhere else when the trade was approved by the guy you let control the team. Stern just needs to come out and say hey i messed up now i cant let him go anywhere do to BASKETBALL REASONS.

Lakers just need to go after the better player in Howard anyway and Clips shoiuld not trade there whole team for a CP3 rental he WILL not stay there! Who wants be be a CLipper lmao seriously!!!!!

5ass
12-14-2011, 03:53 AM
that's the centerpiece of the trade.

no what i meant was the pick that went to cleveland

Clippersfan86

Clippers package makes it much easier for them to tank and get another top pick like you said. Unless Mo Williams+Kaman miraculously lead that team to the playoffs.

ThunderousDemon
haha then please tell me mr economist, how does a business losing money already become profitable by adding more overhead?

I never claimed to be an economist, you on the other hand claimed to have had years of business experience. Lets talk even before the Clippers got into the bidding wars for Paul. The hornets were going to lose Chris Paul next year anyways because he wasn't going to sign an extension so instead of losing Chris Paul for nothing, the deal the Lakers offered was good considering the Hornets didn't have any leverage here, so are you telling me that the hornets should have just let Paul walk so they wouldn't have pieces to trade later for picks or anything.Now that the Clippers got involved, yes they can offer younger players which the hornets want but, you run the risk that even though you get Chris Paul you aren't guaranteed Chris will sign an extension and will just leave to the Knicks or Lakers when he's a free agent . If he leaves during free agency then you just made a bad decision that cost you a pick and young talent and for what, so you could rent him for a few years.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:54 AM
Ugh so sick of hearing about CP3! He should have already been practicing for the Lakers for a couple days now. Stern just needs to keep him in NOH and see where he goes as a free agent. By stopping that Lakers trade its gonna make the NBA look real flaky letting him go anywhere else when the trade was approved by the guy you let control the team. Stern just needs to come out and say hey i messed up now i cant let him go anywhere do to BASKETBALL REASONS.

Lakers just need to go after the better player in Howard anyway and Clips shoiuld not trade there whole team for a CP3 rental he WILL not stay there! Who wants be be a CLipper lmao seriously!!!!!

Stern has every power to reject deals. And he did it to get a better deal. I don't see how you can condemn him.

NFLNBA
12-14-2011, 03:55 AM

Who says these guys will be any good in the NBA? Every year we see a couple top picks turn out to be another Kwame. Id go for SURE talent the guys who have proved they get it done in the NBA

goalie
12-14-2011, 03:57 AM
Clippers package makes it much easier for them to tank and get another top pick like you said. Unless Mo Williams+Kaman miraculously lead that team to the playoffs.

mo, okafor and kaman, the real big 3.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 03:57 AM
now that kids who need to go to school tomorrow has gone to bed, let's get back to the topic...

If indeed bledsoe is leaving us along with kaman+Mo+Minny's pick and AFA, they need to draft 1) of course the best talent available 2) a SG if lamb is available. with okafor i don't know if they would want to resign kaman, not sure if okafor can be effective sliding over to PF either. Mo is a good player but probably not a piece of the puzzle for a rebuilding team, that leaves bledsoe as PG of the future, AFA as the SF of the future for them. davis can fill their void at PF and with a stud SG they can be set for their future.

of course, drummond is an interesting prospect, reminds me a lot of our DJ except he is projected to be better. but will they invest in high ceiling/high risk guy or a sure thing as davis?

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:58 AM
I never claimed to be economist, you on the other hand claimed to have had years of business experience. Lets talk even before the Clippers got into the bidding wars for Paul. The hornets were going to lose Chris Paul next year anyway because he wasn't going to sign an extension so instead of losing their Chris Paul for nothing, the deal the Lakers offered was good considering they, meaning the Hornets didn't have the leverage here, so are you telling me that the hornets should have just let Paul walk so they wouldn't have pieces to trade later for picks or anything.Now that the Clippers got involved, yes they can offer younger players which the hornets want but you, run the risk that even though you get Chris Paul you aren't guaranteed Chris will sign an extension and will just leave to the Knicks or Lakers when he's a free agent . If he leaves during free agency then you just made a bad decision that cost you a pick and young talent and for what, so you could rent him for a few years.

Who cares if the Lakers deal was "good"? The Clippers deal is better.

Why are we talking about Chris Paul walking? That's not even a possibility. He's guaranteed to be traded one way or another. Why are we bringing up the "They should take the Lakers deal or risk losing him" crap?

And why do you act like you care about the Clippers with the "don't do it because you risk losing him as a FA"? We both know that if Paul left, you'd be dancing away. What is the point of even bringing that up? To scare them not to do it so the Lakers are the only options left?

goalie
12-14-2011, 04:02 AM
Who says these guys will be any good in the NBA? Every year we see a couple top picks turn out to be another Kwame. Id go for SURE talent the guys who have proved they get it done in the NBA

They're going to get nothing if they don't make a deal. the longer they wait, the less they get.

An unprotected pick in the 2012 draft with bledsoe and afa is better than what anyone is offering them.

When you consider those realities, having a shot at 2 of those 5 is incredible.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 04:05 AM

I would rather take a risk at 2 stars over overpaid bums in their 30's and on the decline. Their contracts alone would cripple the Hornets and set them back 4 years alone before possibly getting back on track.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Who cares if the Lakers deal was "good"? The Clippers deal is better.

Why are we talking about Chris Paul walking? That's not even a possibility. He's guaranteed to be traded one way or another. Why are we bringing up the "They should take the Lakers deal or risk losing him" crap?

And why do you act like you care about the Clippers with the "don't do it because you risk losing him as a FA"? We both know that if Paul left, you'd be dancing away. What is the point of even bringing that up? To scare them not to do it so the Lakers are the only options left?

:facepalm: Have fun renting Chris Paul for a few years until he comes to the lakers.:clap:

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 04:07 AM
back to topic, what are the odds of stern letting this happen? i am not very sure if this will happen at all. my gut feeling is that it is unlikely.

NFLNBA
12-14-2011, 04:07 AM
Stern has every power to reject deals. And he did it to get a better deal. I don't see how you can condemn him.

If you REALLY think he denied that trade because he didnt think it was enough, your high my man! Other Owners called out a single franchise and said it would be a travisty letting the Lakers get the best player in the trade and still have assets to get Howard. This was all about not letting another superteam form and a BIG MARKET team winnig again after all the COMPETITIVE balance talk. Thats why best they could come up with was BASKETBALL REASONS at the time. Then ask for YOUNG talent and draft picks which is the complete opposite of what the Lakers were giving with the rockets.

Clips deal is def younger and higher draft picks but again those picks r VERY unproven and the Clipps were giving all backups and Kaman. Scola = Proven 18-10 guy, Martin = 24 ppg Odom = 6th man of year award could start for most teams, Dragic = Can show you he can drop 20 in a quarter lol and picks but ofcourse not lottery picks. Hornets would be a playoff contending team with that deal and IMO easier to sell then a team with a lottery pick and some bench players and Kaman.

Anyway..............everyone knows what really happened here and where he goes from now on will always have a atrix by it and this year will always be known for the year NBA lost all of its credability

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 04:08 AM
:facepalm: Have fun renting Chris Paul for a few years until he comes to the lakers.:clap:

kid, either go to bed or answer my question.

how do you make a bleeding business more profitable by increasing its operating cost?

Clippersfan86
12-14-2011, 04:10 AM
back to topic, what are the odds of stern letting this happen? i am not very sure if this will happen at all. my gut feeling is that it is unlikely.

Yea not excited or anything like yesterday. I'm just as happy without trade because our current team is a serious threat in the west AND we can add an amazing rookie in 2012 if we draft well and Wolves are as bad as we think they will be for at least this season. Clippers win no matter what right now. Bitter Lakers fans trolling the Clips proves they sense the shift.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 04:14 AM
Yea not excited or anything like yesterday. I'm just as happy without trade because our current team is a serious threat in the west AND we can add an amazing rookie in 2012 if we draft well and Wolves are as bad as we think they will be for at least this season. Clippers win no matter what right now. Bitter Lakers fans trolling the Clips proves they sense the shift.

to be honest with you, I feel more secure with the roster as is. we are young and hungry, and we have an incredible depth. even disgruntled, Mo looks up to billups and eventually be fine backing his idol up. depth and youth is going to play a huge role for a 66 game season in 120 days. with CP3 we look fantastic on paper, but we are 1 or 2 long term injury away from crapping out as usual.

BTW, unlike your top buzz site we are raided by laker fans trolling in our home forum all the time. it gets tiring and frankly, i have no more patience left in me to be kind.

Aust
12-14-2011, 04:14 AM
You gotta be ****ing kidding me. Mo for Ariza, you're making them ****ing better

thenetslegend
12-14-2011, 04:18 AM
paul will end up a laker

ThunderousDemon
So help me figure this out. He's going to leave Eric Gordon, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan to play with 36 or 37 year old Kobe? Or he's going to sign for the veteran minimum in NY with the Knicks who are pretty much financially locked up for a few years now with the signing of Chandler?

When he becomes a FREE AGENT YOU HAVE NO GUARANTEE HE WILL STAY. He himself said that he would rather play for the knicks or lakers before the clippers.

Clippersfan86
to be honest with you, I feel more secure with the roster as is. we are young and hungry, and we have an incredible depth. even disgruntled, Mo looks up to billups and eventually be fine backing his idol up. depth and youth is going to play a huge role for a 66 game season in 120 days. with CP3 we look fantastic on paper, but we are 1 or 2 long term injury away from crapping out as usual.

BTW, unlike your top buzz site we are raided by laker fans trolling in our home forum all the time. it gets tiring and frankly, i have no more patience left in me to be kind.

Yea I feel you. I agree depth is vital considering how injury prone our team is and how compacted season is. BTW I meant to say sorry if my post last night in other thread came off as rude. I saw Clippers fans fighting among themselves and got ticked off. I didn't know you guys had history with that guy posing as a Clippers fan. I know you guys get trolled here a lot so you have to be more selective.

I just think right now we are finally breaking through and need to stay united and strong. All the haters are going to come full force when the Clippers are dominating this year. I'm excited thinking about it. I'm ready for war.

cbs134679
12-14-2011, 04:19 AM
Clippers would definately have all the ingredients to win a championship now.

Playmaker- cp3
go-to Scorer-butler
defensive stopper(ariza)
go-to post player(griffin)
Shotblocker/rebounder(jordan)
Sixthman(eric gordan)

Clippersfan86
12-14-2011, 04:20 AM
When he becomes a FREE AGENT YOU HAVE NO GUARANTEE HE WILL STAY. He himself said that he would rather play for the knicks or lakers before the clippers.

Okay maybe those are his preferences but if it's financially impossible then what? As a PG would you leave 3 of the best pick and roll players in the NBA in Gordon+Griffin+Jordan? Would you leave a young, explosive and high chemistry Clippers bunch for a near retirement Kobe and old Lakers squad? He has absolutely zero incentive to leave. I could see him going somewhere like OKC but he has told people he wants a BIG city.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 04:23 AM
Yea I feel you. I agree depth is vital considering how injury prone our team is and how compacted season is. BTW I meant to say sorry if my post last night in other thread came off as rude. I saw Clippers fans fighting among themselves and got ticked off. I didn't know you guys had history with that guy posing as a Clippers fan. I know you guys get trolled here a lot so you have to be more selective.

I just think right now we are finally breaking through and need to stay united and strong. All the haters are going to come full force when the Clippers are dominating this year. I'm excited thinking about it. I'm ready for war.

it's all good man. i am sorry for sounding rude as well. but you can see what we have to deal with around here on daily basis. that one particular individual you were defending has never posted in clipper forum, and fights fiercely for the other team in LA. i had to do what i had to do.

come around and post in our home forum man, i don't post at top buzz anymore and has been a long while, but i always ghost there and enjoy your posts there. our little home here may not have as many members but we are truly a family. it has been that way for many years. we do disagree but it never results in insults there. like a real family!

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 04:24 AM

Playmaker- cp3
go-to Scorer-butler
defensive stopper(ariza)
Sixthman(eric gordan)

eric is not going to come off the bench for ariza.

Clippersfan86
12-14-2011, 04:25 AM
it's all good man. i am sorry for sounding rude as well. but you can see what we have to deal with around here on daily basis. that one particular individual you were defending has never posted in clipper forum, and fights fiercely for the other team in LA. i had to do what i had to do.

come around and post in our home forum man, i don't post at top buzz anymore and has been a long while, but i always ghost there and enjoy your posts there. our little home here may not have as many members but we are truly a family. it has been that way for many years. we do disagree but it never results in insults there. like a real family!

I like you guys here. I'll start posting here a lot more as well. :)

Clippersfan86
12-14-2011, 04:26 AM
eric is not going to come off the bench for ariza.

Also... Caron Butler our go to scorer? News to me..... If Caron Butler is more than a 3rd option we aren't in good shape.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 04:28 AM
I like you guys here. I'll start posting here a lot more as well. :)

welcome to the family then
:hi5:

just be patient if any of our brothers sound skeptical at first. you are a mod elsewhere afterall, and we've had people signing up for recruitment purposes too. but i know you are alright man.

Clippersfan86
Personal attacks and your calling me a child consistently and claiming that money equates to IQ? Your arrogance is freaking amazing. I'll humor you and answer your question. The Deal initially with the Lakers wasn't a bad deal considering the position of power the hornets were in, lets get the cleared. The Pieces the Hornets would have gotten they could have used to make trades or get picks.Fact, now that the Clippers joined in they have a better chance to get Paul but they don't have a GUARANTEE that he will sign long term and if not the Clippers will essentially be in the same situation the Nuggets were in.

Clippers will have 3 perennial all stars on the squad. Nothing like Denver situation...................... :facepalm:

Clippersfan86
welcome to the family then
:hi5:

just be patient if any of our brothers sound skeptical at first. you are a mod elsewhere afterall, and we've had people signing up for recruitment purposes too. but i know you are alright man.

NP man. I'll make sure not to take it personally.

THE GIPPER
12-14-2011, 04:30 AM

Playmaker- cp3
go-to Scorer-butler
defensive stopper(ariza)
Sixthman(eric gordan)

wow.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:30 AM
Clippers will have 3 perennial all stars on the squad. Nothing like Denver situation...................... :facepalm:

I meant risk losing a player for nothing.

thenetslegend
12-14-2011, 04:31 AM
wow.

you mean WoW

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 04:32 AM
I meant risk losing a player for nothing.

is it so hard for you to admit that you have no idea of what you were talking about?

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:35 AM
is it so hard for you to admit that you have no idea of what you were talking about?

otherwise I have all night for your answer. come on kid, google it or something. im nearly 40 and have heard every insult in the book. you can't get under my skin with kiddish personal attacks. give me something of substance.

lol, Listen to yourself, your 40 years old and your're fighting with someone who you claim to be child Bravo.:clap:

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:36 AM

otherwise I have all night for your answer. come on kid, google it or something. im nearly 40 and have heard every insult in the book. you can't get under my skin with kiddish personal attacks. give me something of substance.

Even if you get Paul there is no GUARANTEE he will sign an extension, can you get that through your head.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 04:38 AM
Even if you get Paul there is no GUARANTEE he will sign an extension, can you get that through your head.

again, who is asking for an extension? you are making up stuff from your imagination. when did i ever say that?

numba1CHANGsta
12-14-2011, 04:38 AM
With or Without CP3 the Clippers will be the new 2010 Thunder/2011 Grizz of this season!

thenetslegend
12-14-2011, 04:40 AM
With or Without CP3 the Clippers will be the new 2010 Thunder/2011 Grizz of this season!

they will be better than the grizzlies, cmon now

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:40 AM
again, who is asking for an extension? you are making up stuff from your imagination. when did i ever say that?

The Clippers would naturally ask Chris Paul to sign an extension wouldn't they or are they in it for the short term, but considering Donald Sterling is the Clippers owner and his bad track record, he'll have Chris Paul demanding a trade within the year of being traded

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:43 AM
please, you raised the issue which deserves an answer.

here it is again,

how do you make a financially bleeding business to turn black by increasing it's overhead? just answer the simple question.

Turn Black? What does that even mean

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 04:45 AM
Turn Black? What does that even mean

LMFAOOOOO :laugh:

business in red = losing money

business in black = making money

i got all the answer i need. nighty night baby.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:45 AM

:facepalm: The hornets where they are now will not be making any money even if the clippers deal goes through because if they couldn't get an owner with Chris Paul they won't with the clippers deal.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:49 AM

You think that by knowing that simple insignificant fact that you've won, not likely. I would tell you to go to sleep as well but considering your age, I'm guessing this is around the time you wake up.

shep33
12-14-2011, 04:50 AM
I'm a Laker fan, and I have no idea what kind of package we can give. I haven't even seen anything resembling an offer from us, all I hear is Pau Gasol and a 3rd team lol which is quite broad.

Clips will get him, good fit.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:51 AM

I'm glad I could make you laugh considering you're knocking on heavens door.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:53 AM
I'm a Laker fan, and I have no idea what kind of package we can give. I haven't even seen anything resembling an offer from us, all I hear is Pau Gasol and a 3rd team lol which is quite broad.

Clips will get him, good fit.

Don't doubt Mitch, remember this is the guy that pulled the robbery and got us Pau Gasol for essentially Kwame Brown.

thenetslegend
12-14-2011, 04:54 AM
You think that by knowing that simple insignificant fact that you've won, not likely. I would tell you to go to sleep as well but considering your age, I'm guessing this is around the time you wake up.

hahahahahah

THE GIPPER
12-14-2011, 04:55 AM
Don't doubt Mitch, remember this is the guy that pulled the robbery and got us Pau Gasol for essentially Kwame Brown.

lol you think stern would approve a trade like that?

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 04:56 AM
lol you think stern would approve a trade like that?

Like what?

Cano-Montero...
12-14-2011, 04:59 AM
hope this ends soon...

THE GIPPER
12-14-2011, 05:00 AM
Like what?

Like a pau for kwame type trade. Stern would not approve it.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:01 AM
hope this ends soon...

If a deal doesn't go through then the NBPA will consider litigation against the NBA on behalf of Chris Paul.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:02 AM

:facepalm: Never ever compare KWAME BROWN with Pau Gasol ever again.

PacersForLife
12-14-2011, 05:03 AM
This whole Chris Paul drama has been old since we thought he was going to the Lakers. This is all anybody talks about until a deal happens, so I hope it ends soon. If he goes to the Clippers they will be very very scary with Gordon still on the team. I think they could go as high as the two seed in the West honestly...

shep33
12-14-2011, 05:03 AM
Honestly i think this is all BS from the Lakers side, I bet they're just trying to drive the price up or else they probably didn't even offer anything lol (meaning Stern is driving the price up)... which he won't cause the Clips GM is awesome.

The only way I see the Lakers taking Cp3 is if they call in and say "here's Bynum, here's 4 picks, **** it Stern".

I don't see that happening though, he'll end up a Clip... or better yet, he'll end up in LA. :cool:

THE GIPPER
12-14-2011, 05:05 AM
:facepalm: Never ever compare KWAME BROWN with Pau Gasol ever again.

Are you illiterate?

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:05 AM
Honestly i think this is all BS from the Lakers side, I bet they're just trying to drive the price up or else they probably didn't even offer anything lol (meaning Stern is driving the price up)... which he won't cause the Clips GM is awesome.

The only way I see the Lakers taking Cp3 is if they call in and say "here's Bynum, here's 4 picks, **** it Stern".

I don't see that happening though, he'll end up a Clip... or better yet, he'll end up in LA. :cool:

The Clippers GM might be good, but Donald Sterling is another thing.

Cracka2HI!
12-14-2011, 05:07 AM
It looks like we might get CP3 after all. With Gordon not in the deal I don't see how we don't do it. After picking up Billups I'm not sure how I even feel about it. I was really stoked we walked away from CP3 and picked up Chauncey who I love for our team. I really like Mo Williams too. I really like our team without Paul. I like Bledsoe, I like Aminu, I really like Kaman. He's an OG! I'm gonna miss those guys. Gotta do it tho. We still have the best offer without Gordon and he's too good to pass on.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:08 AM
Are you illiterate?

Are you an idiot for claiming that Kwame Brown and PauGasol are of the same Value, but no considering the Hornets are owned by the league there will always be a conflict of interest so that the lakers don't get Paul so he'll be Clipper by today or will remain a Hornet, until free agency.

THE GIPPER
12-14-2011, 05:12 AM
Are you an idiot for claiming that Kwame Brown and PauGasol are of the same Value, but no considering the Hornets are owned by the league there will always be a conflict of interest so that the lakers don't get Paul so he'll be Clipper by today or will remain a Hornet, until free agency.

Please show me where i made that claim.

AKA TheMamba
12-14-2011, 05:14 AM
without gordon.... how does that make the hornets a marketable team.... Just saying what stern impeded on about chris paul blah blah blah the face of this franchise... goodluck selling that team with mo williams as the most marketable player... P.S. he was a former all-star by default haha Golden state's offer is still better imo

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:15 AM
Please show me where i made that claim.

Pau and Kwame are not equal in Value so no it wouldn't be a Pau for Kwame type trade.

Mr_Amaziing
12-14-2011, 05:17 AM

+1

Especially when you got Ariza as your 6 man

It actually moves the up in the rankings be Alot.. I say 3rd/4th in the western conference..

1- Okc
2- Lakers
3- Clippers / Mavs
4- Mavs / Clippers
5- Giizzlies
6- Spurs
7- Wolves
8- Blazers

Cracka2HI!
12-14-2011, 05:19 AM
without gordon.... how does that make the hornets a marketable team.... Just saying what stern impeded on about chris paul blah blah blah the face of this franchise... goodluck selling that team with mo williams as the most marketable player... P.S. he was a former all-star by default haha Golden state's offer is still better imoThey tank this year and have 2 top 5 picks. Their's and Minny's. It's called rebuilding. How does adding 3 contracts like Scola, Martin and Odom help the NBA sell the team?

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:22 AM
They tank this year and have 2 top 5 picks. Their's and Minny's. It's called rebuilding. How does adding 3 contracts like Scola, Martin and Odom help the NBA sell the team?

The Hornets are screwed either way if they don't have a real owner.

ThunderousDemon
12-14-2011, 05:24 AM
They tank this year and have 2 top 5 picks. Their's and Minny's. It's called rebuilding. How does adding 3 contracts like Scola, Martin and Odom help the NBA sell the team?

Draft picks are a gamble, remember Darko being drafted before Melo because they thought he would be better.

bholly
12-14-2011, 05:37 AM
Pau and Kwame are not equal in Value so no it wouldn't be a Pau for Kwame type trade.

I think this is a sign that everyone needs to stop arguing with this guy and just ignore him for the betterment of the forum.

Agreed?

Lakers4life08
12-14-2011, 05:50 AM
I think Lakers will send Gasol to Wolves for some young talent,wolves don't need Beasley so him and couple young players for Gasol

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 06:12 AM
Jesus, Clippers are loading up. Easily the best guard rotation in the league. Between that guard rotation, Blake and a few key role players, they could be real players. They a ton of experience too with Chauncey, Butler and potentially Paul.

Better-Than-You
12-14-2011, 06:37 AM
I think Lakers will send Gasol to Wolves for some young talent,wolves don't need Beasley so him and couple young players for Gasol

:facepalm:

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 01:06 PM

:laugh2:

And anyone is suppose to take you seriously with that?

You can't come up with something basketball related so you just go "who give's a ****? He's coming the the Lakers anyways."

Like I said, get out and learn a couple things.

nolafan33
12-14-2011, 01:18 PM
The league isn't going to cave and trade Chris Paul if Eric Gordon and the pick aren't coming back.

That's lowballing, trading the best PG and top 5 or 10 player and not including your second best trade asset? lol

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
If you REALLY think he denied that trade because he didnt think it was enough, your high my man! Other Owners called out a single franchise and said it would be a travisty letting the Lakers get the best player in the trade and still have assets to get Howard.

You're high if you think that. Am I suppose to believe the minority(only you) over what's been reported and the logical choice?

This was all about not letting another superteam form and a BIG MARKET team winnig again after all the COMPETITIVE balance talk.

Are the Clippers by definition not a big market team? Is Griffin, Paul and Gordon not 3 stars teaming up?

Thats why best they could come up with was BASKETBALL REASONS at the time. Then ask for YOUNG talent and draft picks which is the complete opposite of what the Lakers were giving with the rockets.

It's common sense to ask for young talent for a star. It happens all the time. Even then, the Clippers deal is better regardless.

Let me ask you this. If you owned the Hornets, would you really rebuild with bums like Martin, Odom and Scola? All in their mid-late 30's when their contract expires. Guys who can't make the playoffs at all. Guys who, when combined, can't even get you much in trades compared to Paul by himself. Guys who will set you back financially for years since they'll take up $40 mil of your cap in the last couple of years.

It's common sense not to ask for those guys. Demps is a dumbass for panicking and wanting that deal because people like you kept whispering in his ear "trade him or else he's leaving" and getting him scared. Stern is a patient man. He knows what he's doing and can get what he wants. He did end up getting the majority of what him and the owners wanted during the lockout, didn't he?

Clips deal is def younger and higher draft picks but again those picks r VERY unproven and the Clipps were giving all backups and Kaman. Scola = Proven 18-10 guy, Martin = 24 ppg Odom = 6th man of year award could start for most teams, Dragic = Can show you he can drop 20 in a quarter lol and picks but ofcourse not lottery picks. Hornets would be a playoff contending team with that deal and IMO easier to sell then a team with a lottery pick and some bench players and Kaman.

I would gladly take a risk on those picks. Especially over the aging veterans who do nothing for your team.

Why don't you point out how those guys will cripple the Hornets financially? Or how those guys combined can't even bring the Hornets to the playoffs? Talent wise, it might be the best. But what's the point of talent right now if it doesn't do anything for you.

:laugh2: You're a complete joke for saying that is a playoff contending team. And how is that an easy sell? No success in the present and an even worse future. At least if they get the picks, they'll go through the worst now only to get better in the future.

Anyway..............everyone knows what really happened here and where he goes from now on will always have a atrix by it and this year will always be known for the year NBA lost all of its credability
Then don't watch.

Everyone's saying **** like "**** the NBA", "NBA is a joke", all all that other ****.

Then why keep watching if you think it's such a travesty?

You know why? Because the majority of people who are making such assumptions 6 days out of the lockout are complete tools who'll diss the NBA only to complete fall into it's hands.

Like I said, you and that Thunder(whatever his name is) really need to learn some basketball knowledge. Either that or stop quoting me to reply with stupid post.

Cal827
12-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Good, I might be the only one who feels like this, but currently: Gordon>Paul.

shep33
12-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Clips don't need CP3, Lakers could use him but D12 should be priority #1

ShakeN'Bake
12-14-2011, 01:28 PM
You're high if you think that. Am I suppose to believe the minority(only you) over what's been reported and the logical choice?

Are the Clippers by definition not a big market team? Is Griffin, Paul and Gordon not 3 stars teaming up?

It's common sense to ask for young talent for a star. It happens all the time. Even then, the Clippers deal is better regardless.

Let me ask you this. If you owned the Hornets, would you really rebuild with bums like Martin, Odom and Scola? All in their mid-late 30's when their contract expires. Guys who can't make the playoffs at all. Guys who, when combined, can't even get you much in trades compared to Paul by himself. Guys who will set you back financially for years since they'll take up $40 mil of your cap in the last couple of years.

It's common sense not to ask for those guys. Demps is a dumbass for panicking and wanting that deal because people like you kept whispering in his ear "trade him or else he's leaving" and getting him scared. Stern is a patient man. He knows what he's doing and can get what he wants. He did end up getting the majority of what him and the owners wanted during the lockout, didn't he?

I would gladly take a risk on those picks. Especially over the aging veterans who do nothing for your team.

Why don't you point out how those guys will cripple the Hornets financially? Or how those guys combined can't even bring the Hornets to the playoffs? Talent wise, it might be the best. But what's the point of talent right now if it doesn't do anything for you.

:laugh2: You're a complete joke for saying that is a playoff contending team. And how is that an easy sell? No success in the present and an even worse future. At least if they get the picks, they'll go through the worst now only to get better in the future.

Then don't watch.

Everyone's saying **** like "**** the NBA", "NBA is a joke", all all that other ****.

You know why? Because the majority of people who are making such assumptions 6 days out of the lockout are complete tools who'll diss the NBA only to complete fall into it's hands.

Like I said, you and that Thunder(whatever his name is) really need to learn some basketball knowledge. Either that or stop quoting me to reply with stupid post.

Nicely done.

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 01:32 PM
....this got pretty epic.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 01:39 PM
....at least it was entertaining, no?

shep33
12-14-2011, 01:42 PM
According to Aldridge, Clips will not give up Gordon and minny's pick, but Stern wants them both...still

BigCityofDreams
12-14-2011, 01:52 PM
SMH is this a pump and dump by Stern and the league. Games don't start until Decemeber 25th but all anyone can talk about is this saga. The biggest sports stories(not counting the college sex sandals) are Tebow, Packers, and Cp3/D12.

AKA TheMamba
12-14-2011, 01:57 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

For unproven rookies who might be 'busts' for all we know, I don't care how talented next years draft pool is... I'd take eric gordon over that pick... and if were talking about tanking why not tank with eric gordon in a hornets uniform?

Eric Gordon + 1 top 5 pick >>>>>>>>> 2 top 5 picks your crazy to choose the latter.

With Scola, martin, odom, and dragic you stay competitive 7th seed at best.... Dell Demps believed it was a better "basketball move" for the team. Owners believed it was a horrible move "Money Wise." Owners want 4 things in these trade talks PICKS, YOUNG TALENT, TO SAVE MONEY, AND STAY COMPETITIVE. Tell me how in the world can a team negotiate to those terms, hence a stand still and a noose awaiting sterns *** still looms over the NBA.

don'tfireNedCo
12-14-2011, 02:00 PM
Eric Gordon + 1 top 5 pick >>>>>>>>> 2 top 5 picks your crazy to choose the latter.

did you even understand the context of cracka's post?

yes Eric Gordon+top5 pick is a great, great value. and that is why we are going to keep him and the pick, along with kaman coming off the bench and bledsoe and AFA as depth players. Stern can go bark under some other tree.

last stand
12-14-2011, 02:05 PM
i don't believe this for a second. if eric gordon wasn't made necessary the deal would be done already

tmacmamba
12-14-2011, 02:12 PM
If Eric Gordon is not involved then the Original 3-Team Trade was better.

Dragic=Bledsoe (Although I feel Bledsoe has More Potential)
Odom>Aminu
Kevin Martin>Mo Williams
Scola>Kaman
Lakers Draft Picks/Hou Picks<Minny Pick (Depends how T-Wolves do this season)

AKA TheMamba
12-14-2011, 02:16 PM

yes Eric Gordon+top5 pick is a great, great value. and that is why we are going to keep him and the pick, along with kaman coming off the bench and bledsoe and AFA as depth players. Stern can go bark under some other tree.

Yes I did, franchise in turmoil rebuild. I get it, but the nba's first priority should be to make the team marketable and sell it. Am I right? The league has been an embarrassment to the sports world! What my point is, you have to sell a highly talented player like gordon to make the fans and billionaires bite on this hornets team. With Gordon and a possible top 5 pick already in your possession the clips are awaiting to explode without Paul in the line up.

AKA TheMamba
12-14-2011, 02:19 PM
If Eric Gordon is not involved then the Original 3-Team Trade was better.

Dragic=Bledsoe (Although I feel Bledsoe has More Potential)
Odom>Aminu
Kevin Martin>Mo Williams
Scola>Kaman
Lakers Draft Picks/Hou Picks<Minny Pick (Depends how T-Wolves do this season)

My sentiments exactly, :clap: thank you!!! so how can you bite on a lesser deal... gosh stern sucks monkey *****...

Chronz
12-14-2011, 02:35 PM

Would Gordon even want to resign there?

Chronz
12-14-2011, 02:41 PM
My sentiments exactly, :clap: thank you!!! so how can you bite on a lesser deal... gosh stern sucks monkey *****...
Because the lesser deal is better for the FUTURE. Not the present

And because the better deal doesnt make them contenders and only delays the inevitable rebuild

Chronz
12-14-2011, 02:45 PM
If you REALLY think he denied that trade because he didnt think it was enough, your high my man! Other Owners called out a single franchise and said it would be a travisty letting the Lakers get the best player in the trade and still have assets to get Howard. This was all about not letting another superteam form and a BIG MARKET team winnig again after all the COMPETITIVE balance talk. Thats why best they could come up with was BASKETBALL REASONS at the time. Then ask for YOUNG talent and draft picks which is the complete opposite of what the Lakers were giving with the rockets.
Not buying it, 1 owner wrote that letter and yes hes a dumbass because he lied about so much in it, but there are legit basketball reasons for denying this trade. Other owners have mentioned how bad of trade it was for reasons your choosing to ignore. Put your bias and hate aside.

False, they would miss out on the playoffs and miss out on the lottery and even if they somehow managed to sneak into the post season, it would cost the owners millions and make the franchise look like it has no future, which is bad considering they are trying to sell.

Cool story bro

Chronz
12-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Draft picks are a gamble, remember Darko being drafted before Melo because they thought he would be better.

Yup, you remember Cleveland drafting Bron before Darko/Melo.

Or Denver drafting Melo before Wade

Thats how it works, thats why having 2 picks in a stacked draft is so appealing, your enhancing your odds of landing that stud on top of the younger players they are receiving.

Its better to take a risk at greatness than be mired in mediocrity

Chronz
12-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Golden state's offer is still better imo
Did they decide to include Curry?

Chronz
12-14-2011, 03:17 PM
The league isn't going to cave and trade Chris Paul if Eric Gordon and the pick aren't coming back.

That's lowballing, trading the best PG and top 5 or 10 player and not including your second best trade asset? lol
Of course we are low balling, nobody else is willing to top that offer.

They dont have to cave but he knows we have no reason to give up the farm. That will never change

Chronz
12-14-2011, 03:20 PM
:

Well yea but thats not the deal on the table, the choice is between the picks or taking a lesser offer from other teams.

THE GIPPER
12-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Chronz is in beast mode right now haha

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 03:41 PM

That's how it works. Draft picks are high risk, high reward. You don't get anywhere playing it safe with talent while taking on horrible contracts.

And you know how they picked Darko? By looking at videos of him play. They didn't even try him out. You know what else? They didn't want Carmelo or Wade since they had Prince, and Hamilton who they thought would be their wing players. They didn't want Bosh since they have Ben Wallace playing PF(though they moved him to C when they got Rasheed). So they ended up deciding between Kaman and Darko. And Darko had more potential from what it seemed.

B2B
12-14-2011, 04:07 PM

Where are you getting that top 5 pick? your only assuming it will be.

Minnesotta is not a guarnatee to be top 5,

They will be adding

-a top coach, in Adelman
-2 top 5 picks, in Williams/Rubio
-Barea, in free agency
& possibly another vet wing via free agency.

^ to assume they will be top 5 is short sighted on NO's behalf, they could be but it's far from a sure thing you make it to be.

Raptors went from the #1 pick to 47 wins in 07 with the only additions being Bargnani (who came off the bench) & 2 vet euro players in Garbajosa & Parker. To think Minni can't make the leap with what they are adding is once again, short sighted. Where would the value of the trade be if Minni do push 8 seed or better?.

For NO's to view that pick as potentially top 5, they would have to revisit the trade at the deadline when they have a better sense of how Minni's additions have panned out.

^ Problem NO's have is Paul is forcing their hand to be dealt now so there's more uncertainty involving the value of the pick from their point of view.

That said something is obviously better than nothing, if it's the best offer on the table, take it. I'm just not sure Blesoe/Aminue & a potential late pick is the best offer they can get for a top 5 PG.

tmacmamba
12-14-2011, 04:23 PM
They would miss out of on the playoffs? really with a lineup consisting of:
pg. Jarrett Jack
sg. Kevin Martin
sf. Trevor Ariza
pf. Luis Scola
c. Emeka Okafor
6th Man - Lamar Odom

thats a playoff team to me also they could have traded Kevin Martin to minnesota (t-wolves were interested) and got young talent to rebuild with and same with odom. My argument is simply the original three team trade brought better player value then the Clipper trade. Oh and even with a loaded draft class lets say the T-Wolves make the playoffs which they may very well do then the draft pick is not as valuable.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 04:25 PM
They would miss out of on the playoffs? really with a lineup consisting of:
pg. Jarrett Jack
sg. Kevin Martin
sf. Trevor Ariza
pf. Luis Scola
c. Emeka Okafor
6th Man - Lamar Odom

thats a playoff team to me also they could have traded Kevin Martin to minnesota (t-wolves were interested) and got young talent to rebuild with and same with odom. My argument is simply the original three team trade brought better player value then the Clipper trade. Oh and even with a loaded draft class lets say the T-Wolves make the playoffs which they may very well do then the draft pick is not as valuable.

That team will not last in the West.

Dodgers99
12-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Where are you getting that top 5 pick? your only assuming it will be.

Minnesotta is not a guarnatee to be top 5,

They will be adding

-a top coach, in Adelman
-2 top 5 picks, in Williams/Rubio
-Barea, in free agency
& possibly another vet wing via free agency.

^ to assume they will be top 5 is short sighted on NO's behalf, they could be but it's far from a sure thing you make it to be.

Raptors went from the #1 pick to 47 wins in 07 with the only additions being Bargnani (who came off the bench) & 2 vet euro players in Garbajosa & Parker. To think Minni can't make the leap with what they are adding is once again, short sighted. Where would the value of the trade be if Minni do push 8 seed or better?.

For NO's to view that pick as potentially top 5, they would have to revisit the trade at the deadline when they have a better sense of how Minni's additions have panned out.

^ Problem NO's have is Paul is forcing their hand to be dealt now so there's more uncertainty involving the value of the pick from their point of view.

That said something is obviously better than nothing, if it's the best offer on the table, take it. I'm just not sure Blesoe/Aminue & a potential late pick is the best offer they can get for a top 5 PG.

This would be a valid argument if they had a regular off-season and a full training camp, because of that teams that made coaching changes are at a HUGE disadvantage. Compound that with a young team that has 3 rookies as key rotational players, and you've got a recipe for disaster. That pick is a lock for the top 10, my guess is around 7.

nolafan33
12-14-2011, 05:14 PM
Of course we are low balling, nobody else is willing to top that offer.

They dont have to cave but he knows we have no reason to give up the farm. That will never change

Your not giving up the farm. Your giving up Eric Gordon and a unnamed rookie for the best PG in the NBA. A guy that has career averages of 19 points and 10 assists. Plus Chris Kaman who doesn't have any value and is just a cap filler, and two sophomores who aren't deal breakers.

Deron Williams has career averages of 17 and 9, and the Nets gave up Devin Harris, Derrick Favors (3rd overall pick of 2010 draft), the 3rd overall pick in last years draft, ANOTHER first rounder AND cash considerations. That is a WHOLE lot more than what the Hornets are asking for Paul.

As far as I'm concerned, I could careless about Aminu and Bledsoe. Because quite frankly, neither are anywhere near deal breakers. They are both role players at best. And Kaman would just be a cap guy to make the deal work. The Clippers have all the pressure on them because everyone knows they want him, and if they don't trade for him he will likely be wearing yellow and purple.

tmacmamba
12-14-2011, 05:21 PM

That team will not last in the West.

pg. Eric Bledsoe
sg. Marco Belinelli
sf. Trevor Ariza
pf. Chris Kaman
c. Emeka Okafor

^^^ and this team would? :dance: hahaha

310Casper
12-14-2011, 05:22 PM
cp3 excused from Media day today

http://www.nola.com/hornets/index.ssf/2011/12/chris_paul_will_not_participat.html

Cracka2HI!
12-14-2011, 05:40 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

For unproven rookies who might be 'busts' for all we know, I don't care how talented next years draft pool is... I'd take eric gordon over that pick... and if were talking about tanking why not tank with eric gordon in a hornets uniform?

With Scola, martin, odom, and dragic you stay competitive 7th seed at best.... Dell Demps believed it was a better "basketball move" for the team. Owners believed it was a horrible move "Money Wise." Owners want 4 things in these trade talks PICKS, YOUNG TALENT, TO SAVE MONEY, AND STAY COMPETITIVE. Tell me how in the world can a team negotiate to those terms, hence a stand still and a noose awaiting sterns *** still looms over the NBA.You really shouldn't facepalm especially multiple when you aren't even smart enough to understand the post!

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 07:14 PM
pg. Eric Bledsoe
sg. Marco Belinelli
sf. Trevor Ariza
pf. Chris Kaman
c. Emeka Okafor

^^^ and this team would? :dance: hahaha

Where did I say it would?

Chronz
12-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Your not giving up the farm. Your giving up Eric Gordon and a unnamed rookie for the best PG in the NBA. A guy that has career averages of 19 points and 10 assists. Plus Chris Kaman who doesn't have any value and is just a cap filler, and two sophomores who aren't deal breakers.
Too much, cant believe DTS didnt hold his ground. We traded the farm for a declining/diminutive PG with bad knees.

Deron Williams has career averages of 17 and 9, and the Nets gave up Devin Harris, Derrick Favors (3rd overall pick of 2010 draft), the 3rd overall pick in last years draft, ANOTHER first rounder AND cash considerations. That is a WHOLE lot more than what the Hornets are asking for Paul.
Thats your opinion, EG is the best player the lot and we arent trading for Deron.

As far as I'm concerned, I could careless about Aminu and Bledsoe. Because quite frankly, neither are anywhere near deal breakers. They are both role players at best.
Role players is a simplistic term, they could have developed into valuable role players, yes they arent deal breakers but we are giving up Gordon we should hold onto them.

And Kaman would just be a cap guy to make the deal work. The Clippers have all the pressure on them because everyone knows they want him, and if they don't trade for him he will likely be wearing yellow and purple.

I wouldnt have given a **** if he did land in LAL.

nolafan33
12-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Looks like your GM and owner didn't think you were giving up the farm.

Chronz
12-14-2011, 10:02 PM
Looks like your GM and owner didn't think you were giving up the farm.
Says who?

Bruno
12-14-2011, 10:08 PM
I called this days ago. No way was LAC landing Paul without giving up Gordon.

5ass
12-14-2011, 10:12 PM

honestly i thought it would be Gordon+fillers and the clippers 1st next year (not minnys), thats the way it should have went, hornets didnt have much leverage.

OutOfTHEBLUE
12-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Wow...I can't believe they got BOTH the Minnesota pick and EG. :speechless:

That's a much better deal than the 3-way with the Rockets and Lakers.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-14-2011, 11:16 PM

Who didn't call it?

I've called since the deal got cancelled he was going to the Clippers for Gordon.

It was common sense really. I don't see how other people didn't see it.

Raps08-09 Champ
12-16-2011, 03:08 PM
If you REALLY think he denied that trade because he didnt think it was enough, your high my man! Other Owners called out a single franchise and said it would be a travisty letting the Lakers get the best player in the trade and still have assets to get Howard.

This was all about not letting another superteam form and a BIG MARKET team winnig again after all the COMPETITIVE balance talk.

Thats why best they could come up with was BASKETBALL REASONS at the time. Then ask for YOUNG talent and draft picks which is the complete opposite of what the Lakers were giving with the rockets.

Then don't watch.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-16-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm sure this thread is no longer relevant. It should be closed...for basketball reasons.

king4day
12-16-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm sure this thread is no longer relevant. It should be closed...for basketball reasons.

That had me laughing.

But I do agree, this thread is irrelevant and we can continue the Paul talks in the post trade threads.