PDA

View Full Version : Paul to warriors still in works

Thatruth32
12-13-2011, 11:32 PM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Report-Paul-Warriors-still-possible?blockID=611654&feedID=2539

Sup guys sorry been away from boards so much been mad sick awaiting my surgery last few months and just got it last week so now bed riddend and nothing to do but hope for cp3 lol I think Klau is going to beast but if u can get him for andris monta Klay and cp3 picks up player option u gotta go 4 it

Thatruth32
12-13-2011, 11:33 PM
Damn iPad auto spell

Lloyd Christmas
12-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the info and sorry about your situation dude. I don't want to get my hopes up for Paul.

MackShock
12-13-2011, 11:50 PM
i doubt paul will sign an extension..will stern even allow it without any draft picks?

curry at sg...hmm..

Monta is beast
12-13-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm content with the roster we have right now.

likemystylez
12-14-2011, 12:27 AM
this is a weird trade. I think the warriors would have to get something else from the hornets. they are giving up like 23 million and taking back less than 17

Kdirt
12-14-2011, 12:29 AM
This is a bogus rumor, not getting my hopes up either.

Monta is beast
12-14-2011, 12:35 AM

This.

likemystylez
12-14-2011, 12:40 AM
this rumor doesnt even make sense on the money side

Thatruth32
12-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Paul agreed to at least pick up player option for the second clippers trade .. I don't we get an ext from him out of the gates but cp3 4 2 yrs worth a stab .. Who knows if it will happen but once both la teams were out of it I thought we were the sleeper .. Remember steph and Paul good good friends plus that would be best backcourt in nba .. They also said when we hired mark Jackson he is close with a lot of nba elite players and he may get to lure some do I think this is done deal mot by any means but I like to hear our name in the mix

Thatruth32
12-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Sorry I don't think it's a done deal in anyway if we stick with our guys I'm happy with that but hard not to get excited about the possibilty

Thatruth32
12-14-2011, 12:57 AM

How can it be bogus anything ny media says happens lmao!!

Thatruth32
12-14-2011, 12:59 AM
i doubt paul will sign an extension..will stern even allow it without any draft picks?

curry at sg...hmm..

I think so because nba wants them to get a top name and youth .. Monta is the name Klay and andris is youth if u ask me we would have to maybe part with udoh which is to much IMO but I think that fits what they asking 4 and of course then they would make monta an all start since owned by nba lol

Thatruth32
12-14-2011, 01:03 AM
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/warriors-talk/post/Report-Paul-Warriors-still-possible?blockID=611654&feedID=2539 another article saying we in mix

robbnen#31
12-14-2011, 01:14 AM
I think everybody should just say **** the Hornets and keep giving them lowball offers. They will eventually budge otherwise they will just let Paul walk.

BKLYNpigeon
12-14-2011, 01:26 AM
why would CP want to play for the Warriors? Its not like we have Chandler. I hope the Warriors dont do something hastily, because they did not make their so called "splash" in free agency.

likemystylez
12-14-2011, 01:35 AM
why would CP want to play for the Warriors? Its not like we have Chandler. I hope the Warriors dont do something hastily, because they did not make their so called "splash" in free agency.

lacob thinks he can convince players after they see the fans in the bay area and sees how dedicated the front office is.

lol, please
12-14-2011, 01:57 AM
I'm content with the roster we have right now.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/438062/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

Kdirt
12-14-2011, 02:11 AM
This original source is a not so reputable one and every article about this rumor refers back to that source. Basically this is like a bleacher report. If the league turned down the Laker and Clipper trade then this will surely get shot down as it is no where close to what those clubs offered. Only Curry lands us CP3.

MackShock
12-14-2011, 02:21 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/438062/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

what is with you and these links lol..

hella funny though

goldenstater
12-14-2011, 02:32 AM
not happening so i dont think any of us need to worry about it.

lol, please
12-14-2011, 02:46 AM
not happening so i dont think any of us need to worry about it.

Cool story bro, tell it again. Please?

What's wrong, you don't "believe"?

MackShock
12-14-2011, 02:47 AM

lol...getttttt em

goldenstater
12-14-2011, 02:56 AM

LOL ok i guess i walked my self into that one. i just dont think there is anychance that package gets it done esp compared to what the clippers have been offering. plus when you give up so much for a superstar like that you deplete your entire team. unless your trading for a LBJ, Kobe player like that, its not worth it. plus we cant compete with an unprotected first rounder from Minne( thats gonna be a top 5 FA SHO!). i dont think major stars wont wanna come here till we have proven to be a consistent winner. great example, the Dallas Mavericks, nobody wanted to go play in Dallas. that place was empty when it was just Michael finley and jamal mashburn. correct that losing tradition, thats how you get stars to come play here. teh only problem is changing 17 years of losing is a hard thing to overturn just ask the Pittsburgh pirates. better story?:D

ESaady
12-14-2011, 04:48 AM
Imagine hearing Fitz scream "OH AND CP3 WITH THE DIME TO KWA-- HOW DID KWAME DROP THAT PASS?!"

MackShock
12-14-2011, 05:30 AM
Imagine hearing Fitz scream "OH AND CP3 WITH THE DIME TO KWA-- HOW DID KWAME DROP THAT PASS?!"

And Jim Barnett saying "He doesn't have the hands. That was one of his weaknesses coming out of Glynn Academy as the number one overall pick in 2001, and he hasn't improved in that department since."

likemystylez
12-14-2011, 11:41 AM
LOL ok i guess i walked my self into that one. i just dont think there is anychance that package gets it done esp compared to what the clippers have been offering. plus when you give up so much for a superstar like that you deplete your entire team. unless your trading for a LBJ, Kobe player like that, its not worth it. plus we cant compete with an unprotected first rounder from Minne( thats gonna be a top 5 FA SHO!). i dont think major stars wont wanna come here till we have proven to be a consistent winner. great example, the Dallas Mavericks, nobody wanted to go play in Dallas. that place was empty when it was just Michael finley and jamal mashburn. correct that losing tradition, thats how you get stars to come play here. teh only problem is changing 17 years of losing is a hard thing to overturn just ask the Pittsburgh pirates. better story?:D

ok but how do you prove to be a consistant winner if you dont have some talent? ray allan and kevin garnett were happy to go to a 23 win boston team that had been out of the play offs 7 of the previous 8 years in the summer of 08. they won a championship immediately... and people say defense takes time??

TahoeSteve
12-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Mark Jackson's comment about Klay Thompson cracks me up..."Klay is ready today." Do you think the front office told him to say that so Klay looks like a valuable asset to the Hornets? Basically, he's saying they'll be getting 3 starters for Paul... now that I think about it they're really saying great things about Andris as well... "SALES JOB."

Lloyd Christmas
12-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Mark Jackson's comment about Klay Thompson cracks me up..."Klay is ready today." Do you think the front office told him to say that so Klay looks like a valuable asset to the Hornets? Basically, he's saying they'll be getting 3 starters for Paul... now that I think about it they're really saying great things about Andris as well... "SALES JOB."

This would be a genious move.

likemystylez
12-14-2011, 01:39 PM
This would be a genious move.

the "genious moves" just don't stop here in warrior land. :facepalm:

BAYAREA_fan_415
12-14-2011, 01:40 PM
If we got Paul, i thought the package they would get in return would be centered around steph curry, is this no longer the case??

BrandoCommando
12-14-2011, 01:46 PM
i'd pass. i'd rather keep ellis klay and beans..

likemystylez
12-14-2011, 01:49 PM
If we got Paul, i thought the package they would get in return would be centered around steph curry, is this no longer the case??

they are saving steph curry for the lebron james deal thats suppose to go down next week.

Public Enemy #1
12-14-2011, 01:52 PM
all this would mean is that the Dubs would need to put Brown in as starting center. lol Bench would get weaker and Curry would become shooting guard. I want Paul on the Warriors but he won't sign an extension here.

Lloyd Christmas
12-14-2011, 02:06 PM
i'd pass. i'd rather keep ellis klay and beans..

I disagree 100%

BrandoCommando
12-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Why?

WestCoastSportz
12-14-2011, 02:32 PM
This trade probably won't happen but I would do this trade in a heartbeat, even if Paul doesn't re-sign or give them the extra year. Biedrins is pretty much an albatross contract. Imagine the possibilities out there if Chris Paul re-signs but more importantly..imagine the possibilities if Paul DOESN'T re-sign. The only thing I'd worry about is if Paul opts out and signs straight up with the Clippers, who will be nearly $24M under the cap next Summer and could offer max dollars to Paul, but the Warriors can still pay him more than any other team. Both other teams on his list (NY and Lakers) are over the cap and would seek a sign and trade deal. This is a perfect bargaining chip for a team looking to rebuild in a hurry.

TahoeSteve
12-14-2011, 02:41 PM
They have to make this deal. You need to be bold in the business world and this is a business decision. They've never done anything with Ellis and Andris. Thompson has one good practice (so what)...You have to take chances to get rich. Go For It!!!

TahoeSteve
12-14-2011, 02:47 PM
If he didn't re-sign the Warriors would have a boat load of cap space next year... Paul would make more $$$$ with a sign and trade... This would be a great move!!

Lloyd Christmas
12-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Why?

WestCoastSports nailed part of it. If we trade Biedrins, Ellis, and Thompson for Paul we would get Paul's 16 million dollar expiring contract. Add that to Kwame Brown's 7 million dollar expiring and that's 23 million dollars.

Best case scenario is this allows us to actually persue a max player like Dwight Howard and then resign Paul with his bird rights. Plus on top of that we would still have Curry who we know has trade value and we could possibly land a 3rd star type player who would be a better fit.

There is also the option of moving Paul to a team at the deadline for a package of players that fit better with the pieces that we have, trading Paul through a sign and trade after this year since not many good teams have cap space after this year, or him just resigning with us because we made an impression on him and we can offer him the most money.

Worst case scenario is Paul leaves after this year, we have 23 million to spend, and nobody wants to come here. But then we would actually be able to rebuild the proper way. Either way we win.

All of this is a moot point though because Ellis, Biedrins, and Thompson is a worse package then what the Lakers/Rockets, and Clippers have offered. There is no way that's all it would take to get Paul.

TahoeSteve
12-14-2011, 02:52 PM
They have to make this deal. You need to be bold in the business world and this is a business decision. They've never done anything with Ellis and Andris. Thompson has one good practice (so what)...You have to take chances to get rich. Go For It!!!

WestCoastSports nailed part of it. If we trade Biedrins, Ellis, and Thompson for Paul we would get Paul's 16 million dollar expiring contract. Add that to Kwame Brown's 7 million dollar expiring and that's 23 million dollars.

Best case scenario is this allows us to actually persue a max player like Dwight Howard and then resign Paul with his bird rights. Plus on top of that we would still have Curry who we know has trade value and we could possibly land a 3rd star type player who would be a better fit.

There is also the option of moving Paul to a team at the deadline for a package of players that fit better with the pieces that we have, trading Paul through a sign and trade after this year since not many good teams have cap space after this year, or him just resigning with us because we made an impression on him and we can offer him the most money.

Worst case scenario is Paul leaves after this year, we have 23 million to spend, and nobody wants to come here. But then we would actually be able to rebuild the proper way. Either way we win.

All of this is a moot point though because Ellis, Biedrins, and Thompson is a worse package then what the Lakers/Rockets, and Clippers have offered. There is no way that's all it would take to get Paul.

Couldn't of said it better... Nice reply!

Public Enemy #1
12-14-2011, 02:53 PM
If Warriors land Paul, they might as well throw everything else at Orlando and see if they can acquire Howard. Paul and Howard for one year, maybe resigning both. Such a longgggggggg shot though

TahoeSteve
12-14-2011, 04:03 PM
If Warriors land Paul, they might as well throw everything else at Orlando and see if they can acquire Howard. Paul and Howard for one year, maybe resigning both. Such a longgggggggg shot though

That's a golden idea!

Public Enemy #1
12-14-2011, 04:17 PM
That's a golden idea!

I know right. It was going to happen until Smith pulled Howard off the market. LOL

TrueFan420
12-14-2011, 04:18 PM
were not getting paul the clippers deal is better

Leandres_sf
12-14-2011, 05:24 PM
If the trade includes Monta and not Curry, then I'd do it in a heartbeat...not sure why the Hornets wouldn't demand Curry though.

robbnen#31
12-14-2011, 05:44 PM
They aren't in the position to demand, otherwise teams are going to lol and watch them let Paul walk away for nothing. Not to mention, if this happens this is going to be a disaster for the NBA after veto'ing the Lakers deal. At least they would have gotten something for Paul, if he walks and they get nothing... Stern might as well quit

BKLYNpigeon
12-14-2011, 06:03 PM
the warriors should trade for Paul and make him pick up the extra year option. If he doesnt resign, we could go ahead and trade him next season. the drama continues.

warriors front office is all talk, NOTHING is going to happen.

lol, please
12-14-2011, 06:11 PM
the warriors should trade for Paul and make him pick up the extra year option. If he doesnt resign, we could go ahead and trade him next season. the drama continues.

warriors front office is all talk, NOTHING is going to happen.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" (Darth Vader voice)

Public Enemy #1
12-14-2011, 07:00 PM
"I find your lack of faith disturbing" (Darth Vader voice)

You can't blame him. All talk of signing Chandler, Jordan, and trading for Chris Paul went down the drain and ended up with signing ****ing Kwame Brown. Really pathetic. All talk, until they actually sign a good player in free agency, their word really means nothing...

ninerrider80
12-14-2011, 07:15 PM
They did the best they could, cant force players to sign.....it just goes to show you how this organization is viewed by the players and agents. Thank cohan and don nelson for our awful rep

likemystylez
12-14-2011, 07:19 PM
They did the best they could, cant force players to sign.....it just goes to show you how this organization is viewed by the players and agents. Thank cohan and don nelson for our awful rep

dont make promises you cant keep, and hold yourself accountable for your failure. In the real world nobody cares if you tried, especially when you have already promised results.

BrandoCommando
12-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Chris Paul
Chauncey Billups
Caron Butler
Blake Griffin
DeAndre Jordan

asandhu23
12-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Time to end this thread. BOOOOM

MackShock
12-14-2011, 10:38 PM