PDA

View Full Version : Predictions For the NBA Season: Who makes the playoffs this year, who doesnt?

FriedTofuz
12-13-2011, 09:46 PM
I've noticed alot of spam threads about certain teams making or missing the playoffs. Instead, Why not post all predictions in one thread and do the following

State which team will make the playoffs or why not
Explain why they will or will not make the playoffs
Keep in mind, take in consideration of what other teams have done in the offseason.

Lets try to keep this clean and no hating on other teams!:)

RLundi
12-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Hmm I don't really feel like explaining for every team but as of right this moment...

East

1. Miami
2. Chicago
3. Boston
4. Orlando
5. New York
6. Indiana
7. Atlanta
8. Milwaukee

West

1. Dallas
2. Oklahoma City
3. LA Lakers
4. San Antonio
5. Memphis
6. LA Clippers
7. Portland
8. Denver

Gram
12-13-2011, 09:54 PM
I've noticed alot of spam threads about certain teams making or missing the playoffs. Instead, Why not post all predictions in one thread and do the following
State which team will make the playoffs or why not
Explain why they will or will not make the playoffs
Keep in mind, take in consideration of what other teams have done in the offseason.

Lets try to keep this clean and no hating on other teams!:)

Great leadership! :clap:

FriedTofuz
12-13-2011, 10:00 PM

Thanks! just trying to create positive discussions :)

Heres mine,

THe indiana pacers wiill make the playoffs. They aquired OJ mayo and david west. Those are two big aquistions considering they havent given up much.

mikealike305
12-13-2011, 10:02 PM
Celtics don't make the playoffs this year

FriedTofuz
12-13-2011, 10:23 PM
With the celtics age, they look like theyre degressing, but missing the playoffs? not yet... they'll still make it. They still have great talent, just old talent lol .

itsripcity32
12-13-2011, 10:41 PM

Great compliment! :clap:

FriedTofuz
12-14-2011, 12:06 AM
If chris paul gets traded, i see the hornets not making the playoffs. It seemed like a no brainer, since they already lost david west.

PacersForLife
12-14-2011, 12:34 AM
East

1. Heat- they come out aggressive after losing the championship.
2. Bulls- have a solid season if they get their sg.
3. Knicks- could end up being the team to beat with their acquisitions.
4. Celtics- Getting older plus compressed season, I could see them slip a few spots.
5. Pacers- Making quiet, but solid moves to become one of the elite in the East.
6. Orlando- If Dwight stays the team chemistry will be weird, same if he does leave.
7. Sixers- Haven't made any key moves over the off-season, could make some noise tho.
8. Hawks- Lost a big scoring punch in Jamal Crawford, still a good young-ish team.

West

1. Thunder- Most of the big dogs in the West are getting too old, Thunder capatalize.
2. Mavericks- Lost a few guys, but signed a few decent guys to give them another shot.
3. Spurs- A lot of people are writing them off, but I think they have another strong year.
4. Grizzlies- Made a lot of noise last year, should come out strong and have young talent
5. Lakers- Getting old, messed up on the whole trade drama, I don't know about them.
6. Blazers- Lamarcus Aldridge has another breakout year, but they need another star.
7. Clippers- The new additions fill out their starting squad and make them pretty solid.
8. Warriors- Really there are a few teams that could take this spot I think the Warriors surprise some people and make the playoffs like Mark Jackson predicted...

Mr_Amaziing
12-14-2011, 01:18 AM
Okc :D ( Best young team )
Lakers ( Kobe said he's finally healthy and will show everyone that age is just a number)
Dallas ( Ehh, They've balance out in the off-season )
Grizzlies ( They've played Great last year, and beating the Spurs wasn't a fluke )
Clippers ( Surprise team )
Spurs ( Not the same as they used to be )
Wolves ( They have all the potential, And adding a Real coach puts them in the right direction
Blazers ( Injuries hurt them )