PDA

View Full Version : Richard Hamilton has yet to decide on which team to join

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 09:18 PM
I thought the Bulls were a sure thing!? If Bulls don't get him will be huge blow to their terrible SG rotation. Especially because Crawford is leaning towards Blazers right now.

ripcityhamilton Rip Hamilton:

"Got my list narrowed down to 3 teams. 17 hours until I clear waivers. Can't wait Yesssssirr."

Nets/Raiders!
12-13-2011, 09:20 PM
I agree. If he doesn't go to the Bulls, they are going to have the same problem as last year. Hamilton should know that his perfect and ideal spot to land is with Chicago unless he signs a $1M dollar deal in NY lol

Wade>You
12-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Dear Pat Riley,

Cut Eddie House already and sign Rip Hamilton.

Sincerely,

A HEAT fan.

justinnum1
12-13-2011, 09:29 PM
if rip chooses heat over bulls that would be hilarious, tho the bulls seem like a perfect fit for him.

Ladies Man
12-13-2011, 09:30 PM
What? Thought he was a lock to sign with the Bulls..

KmB728
12-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Come join your Uconn pal Ray Allen ;)

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 09:31 PM
This is stupidity by the Bulls front office. They acted like this dude was locked up and have sat on their as*es pretty much. Didn't even pursue Jason Richardson too hard before he re-signed in Orlando. Then he comes out and says they are one of three options :facepalm:.

thephoenixson28
12-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Phoenix

29$JerZ
12-13-2011, 09:49 PM
Chicago and NY offer him immediate starter minutes with playoff success. Really curious where he goes. NY needs him so bad.

xxcubs22xx
12-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Yeah and he has yet to clear waivers too.

Mishmin
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Beantown baby, come on up

Bulls_fan90
12-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Rather the Bulls go after Nick Young in a sign and trade.

jammastershake
12-13-2011, 09:54 PM
The sixers could use a shooter like RIP, and if im not mistaken, isn't he from Philly?

hugepatsfan
12-13-2011, 09:54 PM
I hope he doesn't go to CHI so BOS can trade Ray Allen to them :D

Slimsim
12-13-2011, 09:58 PM
nj going to get him

theheatles
12-13-2011, 09:59 PM
portland is a better situation for rip than chicago...he'd def avg more pts with the blazers

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-13-2011, 10:22 PM
Should go to the Clippers. Reunion of Chauncey and Rip, he can be the 6th man for the Clips. They'd be a deep team in this 66-game lockout season, and depth is something you really really need this season.

Bulls_fan90
12-13-2011, 10:43 PM

Please let that happen :pray:

hugepatsfan
12-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Please let that happen :pray:

It won't because BOS seems to have this idea that they need to make one last run, even though they have like a .00001% chance at a title this year. It would take for Rose, Lebron AND Wade, Kobe AND Pau, Dirk, Melo AND Stat, Durant, etc. all to go down w/ an injury for me to say they realistically can win a title. (Hyperbole = exaggeration for emphasis, before people get on me).

If I were GM, I'd trade Ray to you guys for a package centered around Asik (unless we could get that GSW pick, but I don't think your FO is ********). KG I'd try to move, but that's tough. If I could get a team to trade for Rondo, I'd do it. Pierce will be hard to move w/ all his money left - amnesty. Suck this year so we can capitalize on the strong draft class.

gaughan333
12-13-2011, 10:54 PM
It won't because BOS seems to have this idea that they need to make one last run, even though they have like a .00001% chance at a title this year. It would take for Rose, Lebron AND Wade, Kobe AND Pau, Dirk, Melo AND Stat, Durant, etc. all to go down w/ an injury for me to say they realistically can win a title. (Hyperbole = exaggeration for emphasis, before people get on me).

If I were GM, I'd trade Ray to you guys for a package centered around Asik (unless we could get that GSW pick, but I don't think your FO is ********). KG I'd try to move, but that's tough. If I could get a team to trade for Rondo, I'd do it. Pierce will be hard to move w/ all his money left - amnesty. Suck this year so we can capitalize on the strong draft class.

You mean bobcats pick?

hugepatsfan
12-13-2011, 10:55 PM
You mean bobcats pick?

Yes. My bad. Regardless, CHI isn't giving it up for Ray (unless we drug the GM). I think Asik could be had for Ray though.

kozelkid
12-13-2011, 11:13 PM

I'd love that. But Boston seems to rather give it one more go. Besides, Allen seems comfortable with staying there eve if they don't win.

Although, Nick Young is my number one choice.

kozelkid
12-13-2011, 11:13 PM
Yes. My bad. Regardless, CHI isn't giving it up for Ray (unless we drug the GM). I think Asik could be had for Ray though.

I think that's possible. Especially with upcoming contract. Although he falls under the Arenas provision.

Bulls_fan90
12-13-2011, 11:15 PM

I think so too. Asik would be a great fit in Boston. He would probably start for you guys. Asik + Watson for Ray allen.

effen5
12-13-2011, 11:15 PM
This is stupidity by the Bulls front office. They acted like this dude was locked up and have sat on their as*es pretty much. Didn't even pursue Jason Richardson too hard before he re-signed in Orlando. Then he comes out and says they are one of three options :facepalm:.

Who cares? I'm pretty happy with the front office you know why? Its better then over paying these mediocre shooting guards this offseason...Especially a four year deal for Jason Richardson? :facepalm:

gotoHcarolina52
12-13-2011, 11:16 PM
@DonPascualRebollo

Source informs: @ripcityhamilton drawing interest from Chicago, Portland, Miami, and New York. Still deciding between 3 of these 4.

TylerSL
12-13-2011, 11:19 PM
o I thought him to Bulls was a done deal. I dont know if Miami has a spot for him. We have Wade/Lebron/Battier/Miller/Jones to play the wings and will all get time. I would be ok if we get him, but dont really care regardless. Chicago needs him more.

hugepatsfan
12-13-2011, 11:50 PM
I think so too. Asik would be a great fit in Boston. He would probably start for you guys. Asik + Watson for Ray allen.

That doesn't work salary wise. It would have to be Ray for Watson + Korver/Brewer + Asik. (I think it would make more sense for CHI to trade Korver in that deal since they'd be getting a shooter back and Brewer brings that incredible defense.) I'm not sure how much better that makes CHI though. Salaries make it hard for CHI to complete the deal and still make great improvement. Losing Asik and Korver is big, even w/ Ray coming back IMO.

Briggurlacher
12-13-2011, 11:58 PM
And let's just end the speculation right now:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-1214-bits-bulls-chicago--20111214,0,5443846.story

RCarlson85
12-14-2011, 12:08 AM
And let's just end the speculation right now:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-1214-bits-bulls-chicago--20111214,0,5443846.story

Where does that say that anything is official? All it says is that they offered him a deal. That doesn't mean it's a done deal. Not saying it won't happen, but that's nothing official.

DaBear
12-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Rip and Afflalo to the Bulls would be a great offseason.

ImDaBaron
12-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Where does that say that anything is official? All it says is that they offered him a deal. That doesn't mean it's a done deal. Not saying it won't happen, but that's nothing official.

Yep....thats what I came in here to say. Ill wait until he signs on the dotted line.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-14-2011, 12:30 AM

You mean the media acted like it was a lock. Can you read? He hasn't gone through waivers yet. And the bulls have a 2 year 10 mil offer on the table once he does.

sixer04fan
12-14-2011, 12:32 AM
The sixers could use a shooter like RIP, and if im not mistaken, isn't he from Philly?

He's from Philly, but I would pass if I were the Sixers. The priority for us is to give as many opportunities to Turner as possible, not to sign an aging shooter that might make us slightly better. Rip would just get in the way of that. And no way Rip would want to sign with the Sixers, even though he's from here. He's going to a contender.

Shmontaine
12-14-2011, 01:26 AM
sigh...

i would be disappointed if he doesn't sign with chicago, but as more and more players are passing on the bulls, i won't be the least bit surprised...

Twista
12-14-2011, 01:42 AM
I'll reserve my judgment until the FA period is over. Bulls FO might be passing on the quick fix thrill to appease the fanbase in order to angle a bigger fish in the future.

Shmontaine
12-14-2011, 01:45 AM
^^ and i would love to believe that, but what moves in the last 10 years have given you the hope that the bulls FO will do such move??

billsftw
12-14-2011, 01:47 AM
wtf is it with this offseason
YOU CANT BELIEVE ANYTHING!

Fireworld
12-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Come to LA, we need a back up SG.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-14-2011, 02:11 AM
Rip is signing on the dotted line tomorrow morning and will be a Chicago Bull

Richard Hamilton has been offered a two-year, $10 million deal to sign with the Chicago Bulls when he clears waivers, as expected, Wednesday morning.
Hamilton is expected to sign on the dotted line and is very interested in coming to Chicago. Derrick Rose, Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer have already praised the potential of adding a player as well respected as Hamilton. "He always has been a great competitor and winner," Boozer said. "If he did come, that would be a great addition. I've admired his game for a long time." Hamilton is expected to step in and start right away for the Bulls at SG, and could be a nice value pick at the end of your fantasy drafts. Dec 13 - 11:03 PM
Source: Chicago Tribune

http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/611/richard-hamilton

JEDean89
12-14-2011, 02:50 AM
love him for NY, but have felt that he will be a bull for sometime now.

Fukudome
12-14-2011, 04:35 AM
I expect to hear a "Richard Hamilton signs with the Bulls, 2/10" sometime in the next 10-12 hours. He can't just come out and say where he is going, he technically still has not cleared waivers.

Moe Bigsley
12-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Nothing is official because its considered tampering if the player flat out says he's signing with a team. He already knows where he's going...and that my friends, is Chicago

thekmp211
12-14-2011, 11:06 AM
the bulls need to suck it up and sign a shooting guard.

honestly...just commit to a living person. they can't come back with bogans and expect to be taken seriously.

Chi StateOfMind
12-14-2011, 02:04 PM
If we miss out in Rip I fully expect something to happen that has a bigger magnitude.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-14-2011, 02:18 PM
If we miss out in Rip I fully expect something to happen that has a bigger magnitude.

I would hope they would still pursue Mayo now that McRoberts signed with LA. Surely Memphis has to value Taj and/or Asik + one of our guards more than they did McRoberts. I know their owner doesn't like dealing with us, but if they're intent on trading Mayo, it makes their team better and he's stupid not to.

Punk
12-14-2011, 02:18 PM

Keith Bogans?

mgsports
12-14-2011, 02:36 PM
Dallas?
Orlando?
SA?

tmacmamba
12-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Rip Hamilton wants to Start, its gonna come down to the Bulls and Knicks. My Money is on the Bulls.

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 02:50 PM
I dont know why the bulls want rip. he is old and slow

smith&wesson
i think crawford or even barbosa would be a better fit for the bulls. just sayin

Pat Thetic
He's going to the Bulls, it makes too much sense...

OR

Maybe he's not going to the Bulls because it makes too much sense...

lakersfan01
12-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Lakers should sign Rip and start him at the 2 and move Kobe to the 3. They could use his shooting and playoff experience.

lakersfan01
12-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Knicks and Bulls are good options for him too. I think he would start on Lakers too. No question LA has the best weather.

lakersfan01
12-14-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't think he would come off the bench for the Heat.

DaBUU
12-14-2011, 03:00 PM
kcjhoop k.c johnson
eastern conference exec who knows rip well: "he'll love thibodeau." #bulls

@csnbullsinsider
aggrey sam
breaking down rip's potential role/impact (expect him here thursday, if not tonight) in chicago: Tinyurl.com/7znym63

@schumouse
david schuster
hamilton not here at the berto center yet. Maybe tonite or for sure tomrrow. No official word from the team either...yet

Southsideheat
12-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Rip is just screwing with people on twitter, he's going to Chicago.

Wade>You
12-14-2011, 03:03 PM
I don't think he would come off the bench for the Heat.Yeah, I just don't think he wants to win a title at this point in his career. That 2yr $10mil and starting position is too good to pass up.

Shmontaine
12-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I just don't think he wants to win a title at this point in his career. That 2yr $10mil and starting position is too good to pass up.

LOL... thanks for the laugh...

now if someone doesn't choose miami, it's because they don't want to win a title.... that's good stuff...

Wade>You
12-14-2011, 03:36 PM

now if someone doesn't choose miami, it's because they don't want to win a title.... that's good stuff...Apparently you don't think that the huge disparity in money and the opportunity to start was the difference maker. You think he went there to win a championship. Thank YOU for the laugh.

redwhitenblue
12-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Apparently you don't think that the huge disparity in money and the opportunity to start was the difference maker. You think he went there to win a championship. Thank YOU for the laugh.
He's going to Chicago, not New Orleans or Minnesota. Stop being a tool.

Wade>You
12-14-2011, 03:41 PM
He's going to Chicago, not New Orleans or Minnesota. Stop being a tool.Wrong use of the word tool, maybe you should look up the definition of it before you go around using it. Nice try, though.

redwhitenblue
12-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Wrong use of the word tool, maybe you should look up the definition of it before you go around using it. Nice try, though.
Call me when your team wins 1 championship, much less not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6.

I heard with that signing, Stern actually called off the season to give Miami the trophy, since that's what apparently is going to happen anyways.

Real Miami fans, not ignorant ones, would see the East is looking a lot more difficult this year.

Wade>You
12-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Call me when your team wins 1 championship, much less not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6.

I heard with that signing, Stern actually called off the season to give Miami the trophy, since that's what apparently is going to happen anyways.Quick, switch the subject so you don't look bad for not even understanding the vocabulary you use.

(I'm done talking to you btw)

redwhitenblue
12-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Quick, switch the subject so you don't look bad for not even understanding the vocabulary you use.

You never started actually talking, you just spewed nonsense.

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Wrong use of the word tool, maybe you should look up the definition of it before you go around using it. Nice try, though.

I'm pretty sure bandwagon Miami fans tend to fall in that category, but that's just me.

Funny how you miraculously returned to PSD as soon as Miami got the big 3. Unfortunate, too. :pity:

Shmontaine
12-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Apparently you don't think that the huge disparity in money and the opportunity to start was the difference maker. You think he went there to win a championship. Thank YOU for the laugh.

that's not what you said, though...

Yeah, I just don't think he wants to win a title at this point in his career. That 2yr $10mil and starting position is too good to pass up.

you act like miami is a sure thing... why???

i think Rip definitely wants to win a title 'at this point in his career'... in fact, most players do 'at this point in their careers'.... however, you believe since he's not coming to miami for the vet min, he must not be serious about winning a title 'at this point in his career'... okay...

1-800-STFU
12-14-2011, 04:15 PM
You forget we're all experts on player psychology here and we actually know what people are thinking.

phlp_bj
12-14-2011, 04:19 PM
It's either get more money and potentially start for the bulls, or take less money and come off the bench for the heat. Not going into who has a better chance of winning. One could argue that for hours

Shmontaine
12-14-2011, 04:21 PM
:clap:
It's either get more money and potentially start for the bulls, or take less money and come off the bench for the heat. Not going into who has a better chance of winning. One could argue that for hours

of course money and starting potential play a role... but to say he doesn't want to win because he may join the bulls doesn't make sense IMO...

redwhitenblue
12-14-2011, 04:21 PM
It's not just 'coming off the bench' though. You're not replacing a decent starter, he'd be looking at 15 minutes or less as primarily Wade's backup.

Better $ and starting on a team that is damn likely to be a top 2 team in the conference
Or
Less $ and a much restricted role on a team that is damn likely to be a top 2 team in the conference.

phlp_bj
12-14-2011, 04:26 PM
:clap:

of course money and starting potential play a role... but to say he doesn't want to win because he may join the bulls doesn't make sense IMO...

The Bulls have just a great of a chance of winning that the Heat do.

Vincent
12-14-2011, 04:29 PM

Of course the salary and starting opportunity made a difference. But I don't think he doesn't think the Bulls can win a Championship. Maybe he doesn't think the Heat will win.

tmacmamba
12-14-2011, 04:35 PM

Last time i checked the Chicago Bulls were TITLE contenders they did just go 62-20 last season and they were the number one seed, so you factor in that with a 2yr $10mil contract and a starting gig i bet Rip Hamilton is already house shopping in Chicago.

Slug3
12-14-2011, 04:44 PM
I dont see any reason why he wouldnt sign with the Bulls. Everything is there, good money, starting role, championship caliber team. If he doest go to the Bulls I would be shocked.

DLeeicious
12-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Wade>You=Clown

THE_G.O.A.T.
12-14-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Rip to the Bulls is a done deal. Lots of tweets its a 2 yr/10 mil. deal, Good solid deal for both parties. Big upgrade for the Bulls at the 2 guard.

DLeeicious
12-14-2011, 04:54 PM
I can't really be more 50-50 than I am about Rip to the Bulls. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good and he'll get to his old ways. But he could also be unproductive and disruptive as well. We just won't know until we see.

I didn't love any option to be honest, so I'm fine with this not like they passed or got passed on by a sure thing.

Evolution23
12-14-2011, 04:56 PM
heat fans and bulls fans are both garbage :)

THE_G.O.A.T.
12-14-2011, 04:57 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/14/rip-hamilton-clears-waivers-will-be-chicago-bull-soon/

THE_G.O.A.T.
12-14-2011, 04:57 PM

Sounds like your a really classy guy.

Shmontaine
12-14-2011, 04:59 PM

:speechless:

Pierzynski4Prez
12-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Wade>You=Clown

I Honestly think that he truly believes the Heat won the title last year and are now entitled to it every year.

tmacmamba
12-14-2011, 05:07 PM

http://www.aceonsports.com/uploaded_images/knicks_bag-734666.jpg cool story bro. :laugh2:

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 05:25 PM

now if someone doesn't choose miami, it's because they don't want to win a title.... that's good stuff...

He's going to Chicago, not New Orleans or Minnesota. Stop being a tool.

I heard with that signing, Stern actually called off the season to give Miami the trophy, since that's what apparently is going to happen anyways.

Real Miami fans, not ignorant ones, would see the East is looking a lot more difficult this year.

Quick, switch the subject so you don't look bad for not even understanding the vocabulary you use.

You never started actually talking, you just spewed nonsense.

I'm pretty sure bandwagon Miami fans tend to fall in that category, but that's just me.

Funny how you miraculously returned to PSD as soon as Miami got the big 3. Unfortunate, too. :pity:

that's not what you said, though...

you act like miami is a sure thing... why???

i think Rip definitely wants to win a title 'at this point in his career'... in fact, most players do 'at this point in their careers'.... however, you believe since he's not coming to miami for the vet min, he must not be serious about winning a title 'at this point in his career'... okay...

:catfight:

You guys ever stop to think that your fighting over rip hamilton ? have you guys watched him play over the last 2 seasons ?? :facepalm:

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 05:28 PM

You guys ever stop to think that your fighting over rip hamilton ? have you guys watched him play over the last 2 seasons ?? :facepalm:

I'm aware. Wasn't a big fan of the idea at first.

But as I said before, he fits Thib's philosophy of wearing the opponent down til he's put in the choke hold by the 4th quarter.

I don't really care. I just said one thing, and that's the fact that Wade>you is a bandwagon fan who's a troll as well.

Wade>You
12-14-2011, 05:30 PM

You guys ever stop to think that your fighting over rip hamilton ? have you guys watched him play over the last 2 seasons ?? :facepalm:lol I'm just enjoying how they got so worked up over "Rip chose money and starting over winning a title."

http://www.nicholasgallop.com/images/lepakan/Leprechaun_gimme_da_gold_rap_video_1%2030.png

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 05:34 PM
but its rip lol ... cmon the guys done. its like fighting over carter.

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 05:38 PM

Eh, he's still a big upgrade over Bogans and can give 10-14 a game. I don't think you realize how pathetic of a scorer Bogans was. The fact that if he scored 6 points meant that Bulls were 28-3 speaks volumes to just how much of a difference some scoring threat at the 2 would mean. That means no more double teaming Rose with wing players as Indiana did and Miami did.

The guy, offensively, was THAT bad. It makes a difference knowing that Rip has to be guarded vs Bogans who was making 38% on WIDE open 3's. That's awful.

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm aware. Wasn't a big fan of the idea at first.

But as I said before, he fits Thib's philosophy of wearing the opponent down til he's put in the choke hold by the 4th quarter.

I don't really care. I just said one thing, and that's the fact that Wade>you is a bandwagon fan who's a troll as well.

i can see a quick combo gaurd who is suited to be a 6th man to create a spark off the bench as more valuable to the bulls.

adding rip to the their roster just gives drose another guy he has to create for.

what they need imo is someone who is instant offense and can create for himself, taking double teams off rose. someone like crawford or barbosa. instant offense is what they need. rip is not that guy.

as for the heat, they need a 5. why would they get rip when they have lebron & wade and no starting 5. to me the 5 is a glaring hole for them.

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 05:41 PM
lol I'm just enjoying how they got so worked up over "Rip chose money and starting over winning a title."

http://www.nicholasgallop.com/images/lepakan/Leprechaun_gimme_da_gold_rap_video_1%2030.png

why ? why does that give you enjoyment ??

and honestly bro why would you even want rip on your team ? your aware that you have possibly the best shooting gaurd in the league and the best small forward. your team needs a 5. not a 2 gaurd.

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 05:41 PM
i can see a quick combo gaurd who is suited to be a 6th man to create a spark off the bench as more valuable to the bulls.

adding rip to the their roster just gives drose another guy he has to create for.

what they need imo is someone who is instant offense and can create for himself, taking double teams off rose. someone like crawford or barbosa. instant offense is what they need. rip is not that guy.

as for the heat, they need a 5. why would they get rip when they have lebron & wade and no starting 5. to me the 5 is a glaring hole for them.

I agree with you. It's why my number one preference was Nick Young.

But again, it's a guy who has to be tightly guarded. You can't play off him.

As for the heat, their point would be just more depth. It makes no sense of course. Neither for Rip who'd get practically no minutes and minimum salary. Like I said before, it's just heat fans baiting.

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Eh, he's still a big upgrade over Bogans and can give 10-14 a game. I don't think you realize how pathetic of a scorer Bogans was. The fact that if he scored 6 points meant that Bulls were 28-3 speaks volumes to just how much of a difference some scoring threat at the 2 would mean. That means no more double teaming Rose with wing players as Indiana did and Miami did.

The guy, offensively, was THAT bad. It makes a difference knowing that Rip has to be guarded vs Bogans who was making 38% on WIDE open 3's. That's awful.

10-14 points on a crappy detroit team that has no one else that really demands the ball. ill be shocked if he does that on the bulls and if he does he will be taking touches away from deng. which is a bad idea.

rip is not a releif at all on the offensive end for rose. rose needs someone to take attention away from him. someone the aponent will fear to leave ungaurded to double up on rose. someone who can score on his own and create on his own.

rip looks nice on paper for the bulls. but watching him play you know he is a shell of his former self.

defensivley id agree with you though, he would fit thibs playing style. but what they want and need is an upgrade on offense at the 2. rip would be a small upgrade over bogans at this point in his career. real talk.

ChicagoRox
12-14-2011, 05:48 PM

They are just having some fun. I think the lock out has gotten to a lot of people. And posters are just excited to argue about anything. Most true fans of the Bulls and the Heat see each other as legit threats to each other (even though they would not admit it publicly). Soon everyone will argue about real stuff like actual games.

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 05:48 PM
I agree with you. It's why my number one preference was Nick Young.

But again, it's a guy who has to be tightly guarded. You can't play off him.

As for the heat, their point would be just more depth. It makes no sense of course. Neither for Rip who'd get practically no minutes and minimum salary. Like I said before, it's just heat fans baiting.

i agree nick young would have been nice... he is a younger player too someone who could have stayed with the rose/noah core for years.

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 05:49 PM
They are just having some fun. I think the lock out has gotten to a lot of people. And posters are just excited to argue about anything. Most true fans of the Bulls and the Heat see each other as legit threats to each other (even though they would not admit it publicly). Soon everyone will argue about real stuff like actual games.

well put rox

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 05:53 PM
10-14 points on a crappy detroit team that has no one else that really demands the ball. ill be shocked if he does that on the bulls and if he does he will be taking touches away from deng. which is a bad idea.

I see no reason why he can't get a 55% ts. I don't necessarily think taking touches from Deng is bad. On a structured team where he isn't the number one option, but rather number 4, I think he can be nearly as effective offensively as Deng.

rip is not a releif at all on the offensive end for rose. rose needs someone to take attention away from him. someone the aponent will fear to leave ungaurded to double up on rose. someone who can score on his own and create on his own.

You're underestimating some of Rip's creative ability. No, he can't create for himself, but he's a very underrated passer who's very good at creating for the bigs. Bulls run a motion offense very much like Sloan did. Knowing that we have 4 above average passers in our lineup (Deng is the excluded one), is a great luxury to have and may make up for the one creator in Rose.

You still can't leave Rip open is the bottomline. He's a very good 3pt shooter, he just doesn't take them often (ala Grant Hill). I really think he's gonna provide near the offense that Deng is. Hell, his per 36min are very similar to Deng's minus the efficiency that should go up on this team.

rip looks nice on paper for the bulls. but watching him play you know he is a shell of his former self.

He's no allstar otherwise. But I think he is still capable of being a high end role player.

defensivley id agree with you though, he would fit thibs playing style. but what they want and need is an upgrade on offense at the 2. rip would be a small upgrade over bogans at this point in his career. real talk.

I don't agree, but I guess we'll see. :shrug:

Southsideheat
12-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Rip is a major upgrade over Bogans. Having a guy that can run all day on the offensive end is going to add a new wrinkle to the offense just as adding a guy that can create his own shot would. It's going to be tough for Wade to keep up with him on that end.

DLeeicious
12-14-2011, 05:58 PM
The fact that if he scored 6 points meant that Bulls were 28-3 speaks volumes

That stat is as arbitrary as they come and really shows nothing. First of all scoring is only half the game. Second of all the Bulls average game last year was more than a 7 point win. It's a good example of selective stat usage that TV stations like to use for the wow factor (I think when they first brought that up we were like 16-0 or something when he scored more than 6) when the reality is it's not heavily (or at all) correlated to winning at all.

Rip is an upgrade over Bogans for sure, but potentially not a huge one, only time will tell what he will bring to the table. Again I couldn't be more apathetic about him, completely 50-50 wait and see attitude towards Rip right now.

Southsideheat
12-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Rip is an upgrade over Bogans for sure, but potentially not a huge one, only time will tell what he will bring to the table. Again I couldn't be more apathetic about him, completely 50-50 wait and see attitude towards Rip right now.

There really is no other option at this point.

DLeeicious
12-14-2011, 06:04 PM
There really is no other option at this point.

Yeah I agree. Like I said a few pages ago, it's not as if we passed on or were passed on by a player who would be a clear x-factor for us.

There was a point where I wanted to roll with last years squad and try and make a move pre-deadline, but I'm not sure any other name will necessarily be available at that point so it's worth a chance with Rip.

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 06:04 PM
That stat is as arbitrary as they come and really shows nothing. First of all scoring is only half the game. Second of all the Bulls average game last year was more than a 7 point win. It's a good example of selective stat usage that TV stations like to use for the wow factor (I think when they first brought that up we were like 16-0 or something when he scored more than 6) when the reality is it's not heavily (or at all) correlated to winning at all.

You're right, but it still matters. Again, you're talking to a guy who absolutely HATED the Rip idea at first. But if his per 36 minutes appear to be what he's capable of which is potentially to be like Deng offensively, then we got a ton to be excited about.

Even if he isn't scoring points, he's opening up the court far more than Bogans was.

Keep in mind, Miami's season scoring differential between their opponents during the regular season was 7.3 and the Bulls' was 7.1. The ability of each team is a lot closer than people realize. I believe Rip is capable of putting that difference in favor of the Bulls.

mwoodri
12-14-2011, 06:11 PM
The thing I really don't like about RIP is he was assisted on 78% of his buckets last year and above 70% for the last 3 years. The thing I do like is he is a good passer. I'd just prefer a player who can drive and create his own shot when others are double teamed. RIP is not that player anymore, and maybe never was, ast % stats don't go back that far for the site I use.

DLeeicious
12-14-2011, 06:13 PM
You're right, but it still matters. Again, you're talking to a guy who absolutely HATED the Rip idea at first. But if his per 36 minutes appear to be what he's capable of which is potentially to be like Deng offensively, then we got a ton to be excited about.

Even if he isn't scoring points, he's opening up the court far more than Bogans was.

Keep in mind, Miami's season scoring differential between their opponents during the regular season was 7.3 and the Bulls' was 7.1. The ability of each team is a lot closer than people realize. I believe Rip is capable of putting that difference in favor of the Bulls.

Yeah and a better stat is their efficiency differentials which had Bulls at +8.1 and Miami at +8.6 real close and the top two in the league. Consider a better team with Rip and hopefully a healthier team overall and I think we close that gap.

I'm definitely like I said waiting to see, keeping an open mind with Rip. He could be awful, or great for us only time will tell.

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 06:13 PM
The thing I really don't like about RIP is he was assisted on 78% of his buckets last year and above 70% for the last 3 years. The thing I do like is he is a good passer. I'd just prefer a player who can drive and create his own shot when others are double teamed. RIP is not that player anymore, and maybe never was, ast % stats don't go back that far for the site I use.

They go til 04-05 where he was ast'd at 60%...

DLeeicious
12-14-2011, 06:15 PM

I don't put a ton of stock in something like that for a player like Rip. He gets open off the ball, that's what he's always done well. That's going to get him assisted often. It's not as if he is Korver who needs others to get him open for the most part, Rip is indirectly creating a shot. Remember you can create shots without the ball as well - it just shows up on the stat sheet as assisted as opposed to unassisted.

mwoodri
12-14-2011, 06:16 PM
They go til 04-05 where he was ast'd at 60%...

Still higher than what I expected it to be back then, looks like he never was a player to get his own shot. That is a longgg time ago.

RCarlson85
12-14-2011, 06:16 PM

That's all probably true, but the one thing to think about is that Bogans is a better defender than Rip. So they will be improving offensively but will be weaker defensively.

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 06:19 PM
I don't put a ton of stock in something like that for a player like Rip. He gets open off the ball, that's what he's always done well. That's going to get him assisted often. It's not as if he is Korver who needs others to get him open for the most part, Rip is indirectly creating a shot. Remember you can create shots without the ball as well - it just shows up on the stat sheet as assisted as opposed to unassisted.

Well said.

That's all probably true, but the one thing to think about is that Bogans is a better defender than Rip. So they will be improving offensively but will be weaker defensively.

People overrated Bogans' defense. And if Rip is playing inspired ball, I see no reason why he can't match that. Besides all else, I think the positive impact Rip can have offensively will supplement for any defensive miscues. And finally, Rip is indirectly playing defense by wearing a player like Wade down by making him chase him around screens and such. Which again, is fitting into Thibs' philosophy.

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 06:25 PM
I see no reason why he can't get a 55% ts. I don't necessarily think taking touches from Deng is bad. On a structured team where he isn't the number one option, but rather number 4, I think he can be nearly as effective offensively as Deng.

You're underestimating some of Rip's creative ability. No, he can't create for himself, but he's a very underrated passer who's very good at creating for the bigs. Bulls run a motion offense very much like Sloan did. Knowing that we have 4 above average passers in our lineup (Deng is the excluded one), is a great luxury to have and may make up for the one creator in Rose.

You still can't leave Rip open is the bottomline. He's a very good 3pt shooter, he just doesn't take them often (ala Grant Hill). I really think he's gonna provide near the offense that Deng is. Hell, his per 36min are very similar to Deng's minus the efficiency that should go up on this team.

He's no allstar otherwise. But I think he is still capable of being a high end role player.

I don't agree, but I guess we'll see. :shrug:

im not under estimating rip hamilton. he is turning 34 years old. you want to take touches away from deng for a 34 year old rip ? that yells chemistry issues to me. deng is a big part of that bulls team. and unless he is traded he is a part of the future as well. rip on the other hand is a band aid solution.

im aware of his skill set. but lets not forget he took a nose dive from 09-10 TO 10-11 he is turning 34 this year. he is not the rip you remember on those championship piston teams. but your right i guess we will see.

i simply think there are better sg's to have at this point. chicago needs a creater imo. but ive elaborated on that point.

but i could def be wrong. and he could go there and prove that he is a good fit and not just someone who looks good on paper for chicago. i just think chicago is one piece away from truly contending and that piece is not 34 year old rip. they can do better. lots of players would love to go to the bulls.

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 06:32 PM
im not under estimating rip hamilton. he is turning 34 years old. you want to take touches away from deng for a 34 year old rip ? that yells chemistry issues to me. deng is a big part of that bulls team. and unless he is traded he is a part of the future as well. rip on the other hand is a band aid solution.

I'd say he's more of a veteran presence than a band-aid solution. You can't have young players everywhere nor is it necessarily good. Here we get a player who has championship experience.

Deng isn't the guy to get upset. He'll still get his touches. I just hope it means less minutes for Deng during the season and just an additional scoring option. Again, I see no reason why Rip can't be as effective offensively as Deng. Obviously he can't touch Deng on the defensive end or in regards to rebounding.

im aware of his skill set. but lets not forget he took a nose dive from 09-10 TO 10-11 he is turning 34 this year. he is not the rip you remember on those championship piston teams. but your right i guess we will see.

That's true, but one thing you underestimate is the importance for him having a competent pg delivering the ball. There's a big difference from Billups to Stuckey/Gordon.

i simply think there are better sg's to have at this point. chicago needs a creater imo. but ive elaborated on that point.

but i could def be wrong. and he could go there and prove that he is a good fit and not just someone who looks good on paper for chicago. i just think chicago is one piece away from truly contending and that piece is not 34 year old rip. they can do better. lots of players would love to go to the bulls.

Like I said before, my number one choice would have been a creator (i.e. Nick Young). But I guess he wasn't available. The other options were...

(A) Jrich who can't create for himself and just stands for a 3pt shot.

(B) Jcraw who got greedy and is quite a chucker

That's really the only options I saw realistically. I guess Young wasn't realistically attainable.

smith&wesson
12-14-2011, 07:32 PM
I'd say he's more of a veteran presence than a band-aid solution. You can't have young players everywhere nor is it necessarily good. Here we get a player who has championship experience.

Deng isn't the guy to get upset. He'll still get his touches. I just hope it means less minutes for Deng during the season and just an additional scoring option. Again, I see no reason why Rip can't be as effective offensively as Deng. Obviously he can't touch Deng on the defensive end or in regards to rebounding.

That's true, but one thing you underestimate is the importance for him having a competent pg delivering the ball. There's a big difference from Billups to Stuckey/Gordon.

Like I said before, my number one choice would have been a creator (i.e. Nick Young). But I guess he wasn't available. The other options were...

(A) Jrich who can't create for himself and just stands for a 3pt shot.

(B) Jcraw who got greedy and is quite a chucker

That's really the only options I saw realistically. I guess Young wasn't realistically attainable.

Looks like the signing is official.

we'll see bra