PDA

View Full Version : Chicago falls short when it comes to free-agent destinations

Dade County
12-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Nice read...

I actually really don't understand why top tier players don't mention the bulls as a preferred destination.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/steve_aschburner/12/13/chicago-free-agents/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

"Howard could do much worse than to seek out a pairing with Rose. But the next time he or any other NBA superstar demands a trade to Chicago or, as a free agent, targets the Windy City as his preferred destination will be the first."

Vincent
12-13-2011, 08:03 PM
A lot of them do, but end up going else where.

I guess they don't feel like dealing with the bio-polar fans and tough weather.

Twista
12-13-2011, 08:05 PM
We're called the second city because we're everybodies second choice :)

but maybe we should be called the third city since we're third behind L.A. and N.Y.

billsftw
12-13-2011, 08:06 PM
still trying to figure this out
maybe players know something we dont?

hugepatsfan
12-13-2011, 08:08 PM
BOS fits this description too.

RLundi
Sheesh, it seems like today is Chicago-bashing day or something, not from any specific posters, just in general...

Twista
Obviously Chicago smells bad, that's why they'd rather go to New Jersey. I hear Jersey smells wonderful.

Supreme LA
12-13-2011, 08:09 PM
still trying to figure this out
maybe players know something we dont?

Players know that as long as Boozer is the starting PF for the Bulls, they won't win a ring. Boozer is soooooo overrated.

xxcubs22xx
12-13-2011, 08:09 PM

Im assuming you meant bipolar...

And we aren't bipolar, we've supported the Bulls for decades Through thick and thin!

Even the Heat's fan base is more bipolar than Chicago's, and I wouldn't even consider them bipolar in the first place...

Kyben36
12-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Nice read...

I actually really don't understand why top tier players don't mention the bulls as a preferred destination.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/steve_aschburner/12/13/chicago-free-agents/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

"Howard could do much worse than to seek out a pairing with Rose. But the next time he or any other NBA superstar demands a trade to Chicago or, as a free agent, targets the Windy City as his preferred destination will be the first."

Im actualy realy surprised, I live in florida ( boca, not a big city like miami or Orlando) and I would rather live in chicago any day of the week, maybe thats just me though.

Kyben36
12-13-2011, 08:12 PM

this is so true its not even funny. if we win a game, we are the best team in the league, if we loose a game, we are the worst in the league, getting ready for the draft. Its realy funny LOL

as far as the weather goes, I love the cold though.

xxcubs22xx
12-13-2011, 08:13 PM
And how the hell are we falling short?

We had the best record in the ENTIRE NBA last year, for crying out loud.

Boozer isn't exactly an insignificant free agent acquisition...

Just because our players aren't the most known or the most coveted doesn't mean that players aren't attracted to coming here...

DRose7
Because the city is not an ideal place, the weather is just something else...

Kyben36
Obviously Chicago smells bad, that's why they'd rather go to New Jersey. I hear Jersey smells wonderful.

Its all that hairspray and gel they use over on the Jersey shore.

Twista
Players know that as long as Boozer is the starting PF for the Bulls, they won't win a ring. Boozer is soooooo overrated.

According to many people, every player on the Bulls roster is over rated. I just got told by a Pacer fan that Roy Hibbert is better than Noah.

JohnnyCash
12-13-2011, 08:14 PM
We're called the second city because we're everybodies second choice :)

but maybe we should be called the third city since we're third behind L.A. and N.Y.

Chicago is called that because Chicago was built twice.

kozelkid
12-13-2011, 08:14 PM
Well he's wrong on one major player who demanded a trade here: Kobe.

Either way, I think a lot of it is an overreaction on pretty much two players who spurned the Bulls recently: Lebron and Howard.

And in terms of winning, Lebron's choice makes much more sense than Howard's appears to. But, oh well.

I don't think it's fair to include Hill or Tmac back in 2000 considering our team was ****.

Nets/Raiders!
12-13-2011, 08:15 PM
I was talking to my best friend about this, he's a Bulls fan. It's puzzling really. Who wouldn't want to go to a franchise with great history?

Corey
Whats with all the Chicago hate lately?

My lawd.

Bulls fans: You know you have a good team when all the other fan bases start to gang up on you. Take it as a compliment.

DLeeicious
We'll just roll with who we got, no big deal.

We don't need anyone, we're gonna roll past the league as is.

Quote this later.

This is about the Bulls (so when it's quoted later people know what team I was talking about).

justinnum1
12-13-2011, 08:16 PM
My honest opinion...These nba stars want to be treated like men. I feel the chicago franchise, and the culture in that organization is not conducive to what an NBA superstar wants. Notice i am not mentioning the actual chicago market.

The chicago organization just seems very strict, not willing to "bend" any rules, and that is known throughout the league. The Chicago org also doesn't seem like they would cater to a superstars ego. Also their owner is a huge douche and the players know it.

Twista
12-13-2011, 08:18 PM
Jerry Reinsdorf has a reputation for being a huge douche? News to me. Out of all the owners of sports teams in Chicago he seems to be on of the better ones. Dedicated, competent, willing to spend.

Vincent
My honest opinion...These nba stars want to be treated like men. I feel the chicago franchise, and the culture in that organization is not conducive to what an NBA superstar wants. Notice i am not mentioning the actual chicago market.

The chicago organization just seems very strict, not willing to "bend" any rules, and that is known throughout the league. The Chicago org also doesn't seem like they would cater to a superstars ego. Also their owner is a huge douche and the players know it.

Jerry Reinsdorf is actually a really misunderstood owner.

He's really, really loyal to his employees (pretty much to a fault).

He just doesn't want to pay for an inferior product (Baby Bulls circa 2000-2007). And who can blame him? Would you wanna go over the cap to be in basketball hell?

Jerry's a good dude, I'm wondering how people get that twisted.

kozelkid

I can agree with most except for bolded.

Since when is getting everything you want being treated like a man? More like a spoiled child.

And JR isn't a huge douche. Do some research instead of saying complete nonsense.

He's a no-nonsense, conservative who is also one of the most loyal owners out there. I was unaware that makes him a douche becomes he doesn't bend over for his stars like Gilbert did for Lebron. We saw how that worked out for them.

Dade County
12-13-2011, 08:19 PM

My lawd.

Bulls fans: You know you have a good team when all the other fan bases start to gang up on you. Take it as a compliment.

Not 1 person hated on the bulls... chop of your fingers, and drop kick your computer screen... smh

ichitownclowni
12-13-2011, 08:20 PM

I have met Jerry many times and he is very nice person

kozelkid
12-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Jerry Reinsdorf is actually a really misunderstood owner.

He's really, really loyal to his employees (pretty much to a fault).

He just doesn't want to pay for an inferior product (Baby Bulls circa 2000-2007). And who can blame him? Would you wanna go over the cap to be in basketball hell?

Jerry's a good dude, I'm wondering how people get that twisted.

By our own idiot fans who blame our FO if anything goes wrong.

I have no problem admitting that the McCaskeys are **** for the Bears or that Zell was **** for the Cubs back when Tribune used to own them or Bill Wirtz for the Blackhawks until he died.

Twista
12-13-2011, 08:21 PM

My lawd.

We know we have a good team :) That's why we aren't even worried if Dwight goes to NJ or L.A. or wherever. If last year proved anything, it proved that super teams aren't unbeatable.

justinnum1
12-13-2011, 08:22 PM

Just because our players aren't the most known or the most coveted doesn't mean that players aren't attracted to coming here...

When he's not playing end of 4th qtrs because he is a liability, i would call that insignificant. But maybe losing the weight will help him. Tho, more compacted season, its inevitable he gets some injury.

DLeeicious
12-13-2011, 08:22 PM
Not 1 person hated on the bulls... chop of your fingers, and drop kick your computer screen... smh

How could you possibly drop kick your computer screen after chopping off your fingers? Makes no sense. You'd have to drop kick the screen first Corey, just an FYI.

ChiSox219
12-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Chicago is not a city for the weak.

Kyben36
12-13-2011, 08:26 PM
intimidation of the legacy of Jordan might be a reason, unlikely though.

billsftw

yeh and the magic had 52 wins yet no1 really saw them winning the championship
with all due respect, the bulls wont win without another superstar; their regular season record means nothing to players who care about playoff performances

Vincent
By our own idiot fans who blame our FO if anything goes wrong.

I have no problem admitting that the McCaskeys are **** for the Bears or that Zell was **** for the Cubs back when Tribune used to own them or Bill Wirtz for the Blackhawks until he died.

Hence, bi-polar fans.

billsftw
12-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Chicago is not a city for the weak.

come on man
we're not bashing chicago, we're just making an observation.
no need to bash people who don't want to go there.

Vincent
yeh and the magic had 52 wins yet no1 really saw them winning the championship
with all due respect, the bulls wont win without another superstar; their regular season record means nothing to players who care about playoff performances

Bulls still are young. I never thought Dirk would win a Championship... so you never know.

Dade County
We know we have a good team :) That's why we aren't even worried if Dwight goes to NJ or L.A. or wherever. If last year proved anything, it proved that super teams aren't unbeatable.

and it also proves that if you are facing "a so called " Super Team; you need a top 2 player in the league to average under 3 points in the 4th quarter, for your team to actually beat them.

( thanks a lot Lbj ... secret organizations you... smh )

Vincent
12-13-2011, 08:29 PM
and it also proves that if you are facing "a so called " Super Team; you need a top 2 player in the league to average under 3 points in the 4th quarter, for your team to actually beat them.

( thanks a lot Lbj ... secret organizations you... smh )

To be fair, Dallas BEAT them.

It wasn't handed to them

Dade County
How could you possibly drop kick your computer screen after chopping off your fingers? Makes no sense. You'd have to drop kick the screen first Corey, just an FYI.

I would like you to go through pain before actually drop kicking the computer screen.

Corey

:confused:

Ladies Man
They don't want to play in the shadow... Probably not the reason but maybe for guys like Kobe or LeBron

shizzle09
12-13-2011, 08:30 PM

According to many people, every player on the Bulls roster is over rated. I just got told by a Pacer fan that Roy Hibbert is better than Noah.

That's not too far fetched. I'd take Noah but hibbert is right on his tail.

RLundi
12-13-2011, 08:31 PM
come on man
we're not bashing chicago, we're just making an observation.
no need to bash people who don't want to go there.

He's right though. Certain cities, if you have a weak mindset or are easily rattled, you won't cut it. It is reminiscent of players folding and breaking under the pressure of a New York or a Boston. Chicago is right there. The weak-willed and players who don't exert all their effort are scarcely tolerated and accountability is expected. Nothing personal, but Chicago wouldn't have coddled LeBron at all had he failed like he did in Miami.

billsftw
Bulls still are young. I never thought Dirk would win a Championship... so you never know.

im not saying they wont EVER win
but when they say rose is going to stay there forever you can't help but bag them out for speaking too soon
no1 knows whats going to happen
give rose another 3 years with Boozer as his no1 scoring option and well see how he feels then...

kozelkid
They don't want to play in the shadow... Probably not the reason but maybe for guys like Kobe or LeBron

Well Kobe already said he wanted to play in Chicago back in 07. So obviously not a problem for Kobe.

I have no idea about Lebron, but I doubt that was a reason.

Vincent
12-13-2011, 08:32 PM

I don't think that's the case... lol

Dade County
To be fair, Dallas BEAT them.

It wasn't handed to them

Yeah... Dallas would have still beat the HEAT, if Lbj played like he did against the C's and the bulls (both teams by the way, had better D then Dallas )

But lets try not to make this about the HEAT... please.

Pierzynski4Prez
When he's not playing end of 4th qtrs because he is a liability, i would call that insignificant. But maybe losing the weight will help him. Tho, more compacted season, its inevitable he gets some injury.

Not as inevitable as you hating on the Bulls every chance you get. You would hate on the guy who sells programs at the United Center if you could.

Vincent
12-13-2011, 08:33 PM
im not saying they wont EVER win
but when they say rose is going to stay there forever you can't help but bag them out for speaking too soon
no1 knows whats going to happen
give rose another 3 years with Boozer as his no1 scoring option and well see how he feels then...

Well, when he says that he's never leaving Chicago, I believe him.

I mean, he did predict an MVP award at the age of 23... :P

Twista

Really? I mean, really? Did you compare their stats before you said that? Roy Hibberts efficiency would be bad for a GUARD. But for a center, it's really abysmal.

billsftw
He's right though. Certain cities, if you have a weak mindset or are easily rattled, you won't cut it. It is reminiscent of players folding and breaking under the pressure of a New York or a Boston. Chicago is right there. Failure is scarcely tolerated and accountability is expected. Nothing personal, but Chicago wouldn't have coddled LeBron at all had he failed like he did in Miami.

i dont think miami has coddled lebron
in fact a large portion wanted to trade him for howard
its bulls fans who coddle boozer for his failure

kozelkid
Yeah... Dallas would have still beat the HEAT, if Lbj played like he did against the C's and the bulls (both teams by the way, had better D then Dallas )

And if by aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Stop trying to look for excuses. The heat lost, let's move on.

DaBear
I think it's because Rose has too much love in Chitown where the other star player thinks he won't be noticed as much. I won't be surprised if Howard wants a trade to the Bulls in the future when he still doesn't have a ring.

Vincent
12-13-2011, 08:34 PM

If I'm not mistaken, you're the one who brought it up... lol

billsftw
12-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, when he says that he's never leaving Chicago, I believe him.

I mean, he did predict an MVP award at the age of 23... :P

ok well you can believe that
i dont blame you; you want him there forver
but don't expect everyone else to not revel in the occasion when/if it happens, because we will and we will rub it in

Vincent
12-13-2011, 08:36 PM

The same Bulls fans that wanted the FO to amnesty Boozer this offseason?

I think your generalizations are a bit off.

justinnum1
12-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Well Kobe already said he wanted to play in Chicago back in 07. So obviously not a problem for Kobe.

I have no idea about Lebron, but I doubt that was a reason.

Pretty sure kobe did that to put pressure on the lakers to make a move, and it worked.

northsider
12-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Not as inevitable as you hating on the Bulls every chance you get. You would hate on the guy who sells programs at the United Center if you could.

No one is on my ignore list in over 5+ years of being on here but, without a doubt his is the closest to accomplishing that. He literally only chimes in to bash the Bulls or say why they still won't beat the Heat. I don't even know how much he cares for the Heat as much as he does to watch the Bulls fail and lose.

To the subject at hand I really don't know if it is a complete issue as it really is just Dwight saying he doesn't want to play here (which I haven't actually seen he himself say it). I think there are a ton of guys who would love to play on this Bulls team however they are not FA's or are not acquirable.

billsftw
The same Bulls fans that wanted the FO to amnesty Boozer this offseason?

I think your generalizations are a bit off.

i think yours are off as well :)

Vincent
ok well you can believe that
i dont blame you; you want him there forver
but don't expect everyone else to not revel in the occasion when/if it happens, because we will and we will rub it in

I think he'll win a Championship in the next 6 years (which is how long his extension is after this year). So it really won't be an issue.

RLundi
12-13-2011, 08:38 PM

I don't mean to say Miami coddled him for a certainty. But there would be an entire different level of accountability had he been on a New York or Chicago team.

But there's a huge difference between how Chicago fans feel about sports and how Florida fans do. Florida is a notoriously poor state when it comes to true fan support, especially Miami (no disrespect, just my personal observation).

DaBear
12-13-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't mean to say Miami coddled him for a certainty. But there would be an entire different level of accountability had he been on a New York or Chicago team.

But there's a huge difference between how Chicago fans feel about sports and how Florida fans do. Florida is a notoriously poor state when it comes to true fan support, especially Miami (no disrespect, just my personal observation).

this

Vincent
12-13-2011, 08:39 PM
i think yours are off as well :)

Considering there were a bunch of articles discussing it in Chicago, along with radio discussion... plus the amount of times it was brought up in forums...

I'm pretty sure I have a handle on the Chicago sentiment of Carlos Boozer.

billsftw
12-13-2011, 08:40 PM
I think he'll win a Championship in the next 6 years (which is how long his extension is after this year). So it really won't be an issue.

each to his own
just know that there are a couple of teams better than the bulls atm
lakers, knicks, heat, thunder, dallas

in 6 years time: who knows?

ever heard of murphy's law?

sixer04fan
12-13-2011, 08:40 PM

Well no one plays in NJ anymore so...

billsftw
12-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Considering there were a bunch of articles discussing it in Chicago, along with radio discussion... plus the amount of times it was brought up in forums...

I'm pretty sure I have a handle on the Chicago sentiment of Carlos Boozer.

who cares, fans dont win games
we're talking about players here, not fans
im sure if fans were one of dwight's factors he would consider utah and chicago
but he doesn'y

PacersForLife

And we aren't bipolar, we've supported the Bulls for decades Through thick and thin!

Even the Heat's fan base is more bipolar than Chicago's, and I wouldn't even consider them bipolar in the first place...

After going to a Pacers-Bulls playoff game last year there has gotta be some kinda word to describe Bulls fans...

kozelkid
Pretty sure kobe did that to put pressure on the lakers to make a move, and it worked.

I don't buy it for a second.

No one expected the Lakers to start the 07-08 season the way they did or that they would rob Memphis blind.

Hell, Kobe was caught on video absolutely dogging Bynum. I'm certain he wanted to join the Bulls. The only problem was that there was no realistic deal of attaining him where he'd still play with the guys he wanted to which were Deng and Wallace at the time.

Now I don't think LA ever seriously wanted to trade him. Especially if they couldn't get Deng in the process.

billsftw
12-13-2011, 08:43 PM
After going to a Pacers-Bulls playoff game last year there has gotta be some kinda word to describe Bulls fans...

lol i dont like where this is going...

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2011, 08:43 PM
each to his own
just know that there are a couple of teams better than the bulls atm
lakers, knicks, heat, thunder, dallas

in 6 years time: who knows?

ever heard of murphy's law?

I wouldn't put the Knicks in that list quite yet. And I don't think the lakers have improved at all from last year. Only getting older.

billsftw
12-13-2011, 08:47 PM
I wouldn't put the Knicks in that list quite yet. And I don't think the lakers have improved at all from last year. Only getting older.

well im goin gto defend the knicks to the death, they are better and im not even a knicks fan

i will concede that the lakers arent better simply because of no more PJ
altho when you look at it:
kobe>rose
gasol>boozer
bynum=noah
bulls bench > lakers bench

its pretty close...

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2011, 08:51 PM
well im goin gto defend the knicks to the death, they are better and im not even a knicks fan

i will concede that the lakers arent better simply because of no more PJ
altho when you look at it:
kobe>rose
gasol>boozer
bynum=noah
bulls bench > lakers bench

its pretty close...

That's your opinion, and it seems to be pretty biased based off your 1st sentence, even though you say you're not a fan, but you'll defend them to the death?? My opinion is that they got swept in the 1st round of the playoffs. And essentially just traded Chauncey for Chandler, filling one hole while opening another. Not to mention the Bulls actually own their own draft picks going forward, while I believe the Knicks don't have for the upcoming season. The bulls also have some decent trade assets to improve their starting 5, i.e. asik, gibson, bobcats 1st while the Knicks have basically no assets to acquire any player of starting caliber.

And your bulls-lakers comparison doesn't really mean much or prove anything. I'm sure you purposely left Deng off that comparison.

swirl54
12-13-2011, 08:56 PM

The Heat have fans? Also I will use the Heat as example they r getting people out of pure luck and ring chasing. If they didn't draft Wade do you really think all those guys would have teamed up there? I'd rather build my team anyway F all these diva so called stars.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2011, 08:57 PM
The Heat have fans? Also I will use the Heat as example they r getting people out of pure luck and ring chasing. If they didn't draft Wade do you really think all those guys would have teamed up there? I'd rather build my team anyway F all these diva so called stars.

Yes they do. As of July 10, 2010 they do have fans now.

billsftw
12-13-2011, 08:59 PM
Yes they do. As of July 10, 2010 they do have fans now.

well you do realise its just a sport?
people can do whatever the hell they want
not everyone has to be as devoted as some fans
we have lives...

Vincent
12-13-2011, 08:59 PM
who cares, fans dont win games
we're talking about players here, not fans
im sure if fans were one of dwight's factors he would consider utah and chicago
but he doesn'y

Because you said Bulls fans coddle Boozer for his playoff performance, something that was completely baseless and I was correcting you. That's why we call it a discussion.

Dwight does care about the fans, they're the ones that buy his shoes. He wants to be liked. It shows with all the things he's said and done.

If he was to fail in Chicago, or play slightly under his par, he would be crucified. Derrick got a TON of leway because he was the league MVP and actually from there, and fans STILL got on him for playing poorly in the ECF.

I disagree with your assessment with the teams that are supposedly better than the Bulls. But I'm sure your logic is too flawed to have a discussion with.

swirl54
12-13-2011, 09:00 PM

This times 1000 they couldn't even fill up an arena last year it's a transplant state. I don't hate the Heat they are just far from Bulls in terms of history and fans. LA Bulls Knicks Celtics are top teams in league in terms of history and fans. The players do not care though they want to friend up. D.Rose has friends for life not NBA fake friends lol it's his love and job and he treats it as such.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2011, 09:00 PM
well you do realise its just a sport?
people can do whatever the hell they want
not everyone has to be as devoted as some fans
we have lives...

No, i didn't realize it was just a sport.

Wade>You
12-13-2011, 09:01 PM
A lot of players have wanted to go to Chicago, the problem is that the Bulls refuse to part with Rose, Deng, Noah, and every player they've drafted.

John Paxson would rather try to win with his guys than win, period.

NetsPaint
12-13-2011, 09:02 PM
It's weird to me. All they need is ONE guy who can handle the ball and create his own shot. That one guy can be a huge difference maker.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Because you said Bulls fans coddle Boozer for his playoff performance, something that was completely baseless and I was correcting you. That's why we call it a discussion.

Dwight does care about the fans, they're the ones that buy his shoes. He wants to be liked. It shows with all the things he's said and done.

If he was to fail in Chicago, or play slightly under his par, he would be crucified. Derrick got a TON of leway because he was the league MVP and actually from there, and fans STILL got on him for playing poorly in the ECF.

I disagree with your assessment with the teams that are supposedly better than the Bulls. But I'm sure your logic is too flawed to have a discussion with.

Oh his logic is great. He logically proved why the Lakers will be better than the bulls this year above if you read his breakdown.

Blackwater13
12-13-2011, 09:03 PM
A lot of players have wanted to go to Chicago, the problem is that the Bulls refuse to part with Rose, Deng, Noah, and every player they've drafted.

Part with Rose?? Are you serious?? Who wanted to go to Chicago that they wouldn't trade those players for?

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Part with Rose?? Are you serious?? Who wanted to go to Chicago that they wouldn't trade those players for?

Most of these guys who post in here have inside access to what the Bulls FO is actually trying to do. Didn't you know that?

Vincent
12-13-2011, 09:06 PM

Sadly, I think it's more of other teams not wanting Deng, Noah, and every other player they've drafted outside of Rose.

And they definitely won't deal Rose.

swirl54
12-13-2011, 09:09 PM

Who wouldn't they trade for? I am lost. You are right about Rose though no way do you trade him.

Lidz
12-13-2011, 09:11 PM
This times 1000 they couldn't even fill up an arena last year it's a transplant state. I don't hate the Heat they are just far form Bulls in terms of history and fans. LA Bulls Knicks Celtics are top teams in league in terms of history and fans. The players do not care though they want to friend up. D.Rose has friends for life not NBA fake friends lol it's his love and job and he treats it as such.

Actually we were ranked number 5 in attendance last year. We had a 100.9% attendance rate. Not sure how they come up with above 100% attendance rates but the league average is 90.9%. We had no problems selling out games, we just had a problem getting our fans to show up on time. Saying we couldn't even fill up an arena is a straight lie. Don't guess.

xxcubs22xx
12-13-2011, 09:13 PM
This thread is straight up ********.

Quit being jealous. When will people realize that it doesn't take more than 1 superstar to be an excellent team?

Haters gonna hate.

And how the hell can you say the Bulls refuse to part with their players? They are always exploring options. And they won't part with someone if they don't have to!

I think the best record in the NBA is a testament to how great our FO has been. Sorry if our FO isn't into "Two and a half men" and no bench.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2011, 09:15 PM

Quit being jealous. When will people realize that it doesn't take more than 1 superstar to be an excellent team?

Haters gonna hate.

And how the hell can you say the Bulls refuse to part with their players? They are always exploring options. And they won't part with someone if they don't have to!

I think the best record in the NBA is a testament to how great our FO has been. Sorry if our FO isn't into "Two and a half men" and no bench.

62 Wins which was the best in the league, even with 2 of our starters missing key time. Conference finals. Great depth, all future picks in tact, not to mention a Bobcats 1st. But yet our front office is doing something wrong.

swirl54
12-13-2011, 09:18 PM
:clap:

Haters gonna hate.

Vincent
12-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Actually we were ranked number 5 in attendance last year. We had a 100.9% attendance rate. Not sure how they come up with above 100% attendance rates but the league average is 90.9%. We had no problems selling out games, we just had a problem getting our fans to show up on time. Saying we couldn't even fill up an arena is a straight lie. Don't guess.

How were the numbers before last year...? lol

swirl54
12-13-2011, 09:20 PM

What was it like before LBJ and Bosh? Bulls sold out in worst years best attendance in NBA. Bulls>>>>>>Miami. Bulls are building the right way other teams are giving everything up chasing rings. Kobe is coming to Chicago for a draft pick anyway LOL

shizzle09
the bulls have a good team. Im sure if they had cap space available right now they'd be in the hunt for the names being thrown around. We all know Lebron and Wade already planned on playing in Miami so last years FA was a little different. they got Boozer who many teams wanted.

Corey

Noted. Good looks.

kozelkid
12-13-2011, 09:21 PM

What a load of crap.

Paxson let Gordon go and later traded Kirk Hinrich for cap space just so we'd have a chance at 2010.

Numerous times we've offered players for stars. Be it Deng/Chandler/#2 in the 06 draft for KG which got denied by the Twolves. Or one of Deng/Gordon and TT for Gasol. Also denied. And at the time it made no sense trading both Gordon and Deng for Gasol or we'd be right where Memphis were.

Try again.

Lidz
12-13-2011, 09:24 PM
What was it like before LBJ and Bosh? Bulls sold out in worst years best attendance in NBA. Bulls>>>>>>Miami. Bulls are building the right way other teams are giving everything up chasing rings. Kobe is coming to Chicago for a draft pick anyway LOL

What does before LBJ and Bosh have to do with anything? You said they couldn't sell out an arena last year and I corrected you. I never said Miami >>>> Bulls as far as arena attendance, I was simply correcting the lie you stated about us not selling out arenas last year.

kozelkid
12-13-2011, 09:26 PM
the bulls have a good team. Im sure if they had cap space available right now they'd be in the hunt for the names being thrown around. We all know Lebron and Wade already planned on playing in Miami so last years FA was a little different. they got Boozer who many teams wanted.

Good point.

People seem to forget or not be aware that Bulls got Boozer at a lower offer than Nets offered. In fact, he didn't even wait for the Nets to increase their offer which kinda pissed them off as well...

shizzle09
12-13-2011, 09:27 PM

Haters gonna hate.

Gotta throw the jab at the heat in there to make a point? two and a half men with no bench ran you out the playoffs in your building. that being said i dont agree with the thread title. Bulls dont really have to draw the so called "Huge" names. They just need the pieces to build around Rose and company.

shizzle09
12-13-2011, 09:29 PM
Good point.

People seem to forget or not be aware that Bulls got Boozer at a lower offer than Nets offered. In fact, he didn't even wait for the Nets to increase their offer which kinda pissed them off as well...

yeah, I think the Bulls should and will be in free agents minds. they've got a great core. people would be stupid to not go there if they had a chance

Wade>You
12-13-2011, 09:31 PM
What a load of crap.

Paxson let Gordon go and later traded Kirk Hinrich for cap space just so we'd have a chance at 2010.

Numerous times we've offered players for stars. Be it Deng/Chandler/#2 in the 06 draft for KG which got denied by the Twolves. Or one of Deng/Gordon and TT for Gasol. Also denied. And at the time it made no sense trading both Gordon and Deng for Gasol or we'd be right where Memphis were.

Try again.You guys could've had the BIG 3, but you chose to build around Derrick Rose instead. "What a load of crap" is true, but only true about the decisions the Bulls franchise have made just to prove something to themselves.

DLeeicious
12-13-2011, 09:34 PM
You guys could've had the BIG 3, but you chose to build around Derrick Rose instead. "What a load of crap" is true, but only true about the decisions the Bulls franchise have made just to prove something to themselves.

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2011, 09:35 PM
You guys could've had the BIG 3, but you chose to build around Derrick Rose instead. "What a load of crap" is true, but only true about the decisions the Bulls franchise have made just to prove something to themselves.

What do you mean could've had??? Were you aware the bulls were trying to sign 2 of wade, LBJ, and bosh? Hence why they dumped Hinrich, one of the faces of our franchise for basically nothing. How could we have had them when THEY ALL CHOSE miami. That was what we were trying to build around Rose. It didn't happen, so we went the next best route available.

SteBO
12-13-2011, 09:35 PM
It's kinda funny because if you ask me, it isn't like Chicago isn't trying to get pieces. They aren't looking for stars, but even so there's a certain star out there(D12) who has the best chance at winning with Chicago, and he doesn't even have them in the back his mind. Believe it or not, the Bulls are trying to put together ways at getting Dwight because who knows if CHI becomes the best option for the Magic to trade with.

Only time will tell, but let's not act like the Bulls need a world-beater anyhow. All they need is a competent SG and they're set as far as I'm concerned.

Wade>You
12-13-2011, 09:37 PM
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.Yeah, well, that's just like, all over the news in 2010 free agency, man.

Kashmir13579
12-13-2011, 09:38 PM

People joke, but they don't realize that Jersey is actually a dump. Like, literally.

John Walls Era
12-13-2011, 09:39 PM
I actually think a lot of players should want to go to the Bulls.

The only part of the article I hate was when Boozer was quoted: Said Boozer: "I think it's high on the list. For the guys that want to win, they see what we are as a group of guys and they'd like to be part of it. For most free agents out there, they probably have us on their list of teams, in my opinion."

This guy only cares about money and has proved that time and time again.

DLeeicious
12-13-2011, 09:39 PM
You could probably easily dig up an article or two then. I'd love to read the one about how the Bulls passed on Lebron or Wade or Bosh...

DAL*CWB
12-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Bottom line is the big star want to go to L.A and NYC to make more money, to be more marketable, and I get the feeling all these new stars are so afraid of living in the shadow of MJ, no competitive drive to want to be better.

xxcubs22xx
12-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Gotta throw the jab at the heat in there to make a point? two and a half men with no bench ran you out the playoffs in your building. that being said i dont agree with the thread title. Bulls dont really have to draw the so called "Huge" names. They just need the pieces to build around Rose and company.

(In response to the bold)

Well, a lot of other people beg to differ for some reason.

And yeah maybe I did throw a jab at the heat here, but let's face it, the Heat are kinda handcuffed in a sense because every year they have to add new bench players to put around their "Big 3". I was trying to make a point. You got a Bulls team that has been building for a while, and you have a Heat team that has almost bought there success. Also, the big 3 considered last year to be a bust in a sense because they didn't win a championship (Lebron and Wade both admitted this). That being said, I think when all of the peices get back into their respective boxes you can argue that the Bulls are set to contend just as much if not for longer than the Heat.

RSA27
12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Thibs and Rose are very serious guys. Most star players don't want to be pushed like that. Anyway, who cares. I don't want any of these so called superstars, who quit on their teams here in Chicago.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah, well, that's just like, all over the news in 2010 free agency, man.

What did the bulls do wrong in trying to sign any of Wade, LBJ, or Bosh? Were the bulls supposed to pull an inception inside their dreams to convince them to come here? We couldn't do anything else. We cleared room for 2 of them, but they all wanted to be together, the only place possible for that was Miami.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2011, 09:46 PM
You could probably easily dig up an article or two then. I'd love to read the one about how the Bulls passed on Lebron or Wade or Bosh...

I'd be willing to bet he simply ignores yours and my comments regarding this.

YoungOne
12-13-2011, 09:48 PM

no, we getting old shaqs and sheeds :D

xxcubs22xx
Im going to make a new thread titled:

"PSD NBA Forum falling short with ********, superficial thread titles"

chicago lulz
I actually think a lot of players should want to go to the Bulls.

The only part of the article I hate was when Boozer was quoted: Said Boozer: "I think it's high on the list. For the guys that want to win, they see what we are as a group of guys and they'd like to be part of it. For most free agents out there, they probably have us on their list of teams, in my opinion."

This guy only cares about money and has proved that time and time again.
I thought someone mentioned Boozer taking less to play with the Bulls rather than the Nets in this thread.

kozelkid
12-13-2011, 09:52 PM

More garbage it seems?

I guess going to Lebron like the other 5 teams did or to Bosh and Wade to give their case wasn't enough proof for some. :rolleyes:

Give it a rest.

Don't you have some conspiracies to find?

kozelkid
12-13-2011, 09:53 PM

Didn't you hear?

It was a conspiracy by David Stern to screw the heat somehow by planting false information that the BULLS met with them.

That sneaky bastard almost got away with it to if it weren't for Wade>you enlightening us.

RSA27
12-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Also if you have seen enough interviews with Howard you will realize he is a very immature person. Right down to going back and forth about wanting to leave town. He just want's to have fun, do corny impersonations, and make bad jokes. The current Bulls team has a rep for working very hard, probably too hard for someone like Howard.

In addition Derrick Rose owns Chicago. This is his city and any player who comes here will be 2nd by far in the fans eyes.

mikealike305
12-13-2011, 09:56 PM

Mad bulls fan...

It's the wind in Chicago, it sucks, way to cold there. Also, not the same spotlight as L.A. Or N.Y.C.

Muttman73
12-13-2011, 10:21 PM

Really? You base this upon what exactly? Jerry Reinsdorf takes better care of his players, current and former than almost any other owner in professional sports. He also happens to own 7 World Championships, not too many other owners can make that claim. If anything Mr. Reinsdorf is too good to his employees (you can have that Douche Ozzie Guillen) thank you for taking him...he should have been gone two years ago.

swirl54
12-13-2011, 10:33 PM

Yeah Jerry Reinsdorf is such a huge d bag that after the Sox won the world series the players wanted to give him the game winning ball and they did and at that moment your comment was fail before ever wrote. He is a damn good owner that won't cater to his players that make millions of his money you are correct about that though. Gilbert let Lebron do what he wanted how did that work out?

gaughan333
12-13-2011, 10:46 PM

Boozer got destroyed all of last season by many chicago fans.

IndyRealist
12-13-2011, 10:48 PM
It's cold, it's too midwestern, and nobody wants to try and live up to the legend of MJ. And it's cold.

akagiredsuns
12-13-2011, 10:54 PM

:laugh2: It's bi-polar. I'm wondering what bio-polar is.

effen5
12-13-2011, 11:29 PM
Thibs and Rose are very serious guys. Most star players don't want to be pushed like that. Anyway, who cares. I don't want any of these so called superstars, who quit on their teams here in Chicago.

This is an extremely underrated comment.......

There won't be any of that crap you saw with Lebron and the Cavs on this team....thats for sure.

It doesn't matter who you are...Rose or Asik....you don't perform, you sit.

effen5
12-13-2011, 11:30 PM
:laugh2: It's bi-polar. I'm wondering what bio-polar is.

Sounds like a science class...

Dade County
12-14-2011, 12:04 AM

Thats the title of the article....:confused:

crack is a hell of a drug...smh

D Roses Bulls
12-14-2011, 12:15 AM
From a person who has lived all over florida and chicago and has been to many cities, Chicago is beautiful (been called the cleanest big city in the U.S.) the food is the best in the world, and it has like everything you would want. I know it snows, but I don't mind it personally. When I was living in florida, all I kept thinking bout is how bad I wanna go back to Chicago. that's me though.

koreancabbage
12-14-2011, 01:25 AM

untrue. even though the arena has been "sold out" ive seen plenty of post-jordan era games when it was empty. season ticket holders just dont show up until there is a big ticket team in town or the team is actually good. sure real fans stick through it but they are not the ones with the most money unfortunately.

Twista
12-14-2011, 01:32 AM
It's cold, it's too midwestern, and nobody wants to try and live up to the legend of MJ. And it's cold.

Too Midwestern, what's that mean? I could never describe a place as being "too Southern, too Eastern, too Northern". Those are just directions, not descriptions of anything. It's a bit nonsensical.

too Midwestern, like what, there are too many cows and cornfields around?

redwhitenblue
12-14-2011, 01:36 AM
After the Bulls got spurned by T-Mac around 2000, they really didn't go after any big FA's for years and years. Building around the Baby Bulls was the key.

After Rose got drafted and their contracts were running out, they brought in a pretty good FA class including Boozer, Korver and Brewer among others. Last year it was about the big 3, but the Bulls grabbed a pretty good FA class (obviously) that landed them in the ECF. Now this year they really haven't been linked to big name guys realistically. They don't have the money for it. When a guy like DH12 doesn't put CHI on his list, I say I couldn't care less because we can't realistically afford him and maintain the depth that really helped the team last year. I Don't want to be 2 big players and a bunch of scrubs, depth is key especially this year with back to back's.

DaBear
12-14-2011, 01:48 AM

Have you actually been to Chicago?

The second one is very stupid. Does Howard have a problem if he plays in Kareem Abdul-Jabar's shadow in LA? No because he wants to play there. The past doesn't matter. It's not like Bulls fans will put every star under Jordan's standards. We know he's the GOAT.

spreadeagle
12-14-2011, 01:58 AM
I heard it because that statue of Pippen scares to many people away http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9jpD2yUah8 :facepalm:

abe_froman
12-14-2011, 02:02 AM
eh,yeah its pretty true.dunno why it is,but appears that its true.but my attitude is eh,they dont wanna come here than **** them.when you grow up rooting for chi teams ,you learn it and should make peace with it.it makes drafting much more important for us

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 05:43 AM
Have you actually been to Chicago?

The second one is very stupid. Does Howard have a problem if he plays in Kareem Abdul-Jabar's shadow in LA? No because he wants to play there. The past doesn't matter. It's not like Bulls fans will put every star under Jordan's standards. We know he's the GOAT.

I mean in all honesty Rose is talked more about in Chicago than MJ. But that's just because most fans have a very short memory. Hell I remember during Rose's rookie season where there was a poll TV asking who had a better rookie season. Rose won by a landslide. Which is of course ridiculous, but proves my point.

The MJ shadow is garbage. At most, it had maybe a 2 year effect on FA when MJ left. At most.

billsftw
12-14-2011, 05:50 AM
From a person who has lived all over florida and chicago and has been to many cities, Chicago is beautiful (been called the cleanest big city in the U.S.) the food is the best in the world, and it has like everything you would want. I know it snows, but I don't mind it personally. When I was living in florida, all I kept thinking bout is how bad I wanna go back to Chicago. that's me though.

i want to try your deep dish pizzas :E

Chill_Will_24
12-14-2011, 06:33 AM
I donnt get it but i wont complain. In Dwight's case its simple. He want to play with a PG that can get him the ball easier. Deron Williams while not as proficient a scorer is a superior PG to Rose. Another thing to note is that Dwight reportedly wants to be the star of his team and build a legacy which would be easier for him in Brooklyn than in Chicago with Rose who is idolized there.

Chill_Will_24
12-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Good point.

Wrong

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2010/07/nets_stunned_by_carlos_boozers.html

Chicago offered more money

GermanLakersFan
12-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Players know they are asked to play defense if they go there, that's why many rather pick run'n'gun offenses. Bulls are a great organisation, my 2nd favorite actually. I guess Boozer must have missed what Coach Thib stands for when he signed there.

I can only imagine on the first day of camp:

Coach T: We're gonna go through some defensive-schemes
Booz: What?!?! But Coach I don't do that kinda stuff!!

:DToo bad Booz shouold've just signed with Mike "No-D"'Antoni's team :D

Cal827
12-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Good point.

Sweet Jesus, Boozer had a better offer than the Bulls? That I didn't know lol

bbcmillionaire
12-14-2011, 08:55 AM
Lol it amazes me how the bulls(a team with the best record last season, and mvp) gets no respect and gets ripped EVEN by pacer fans smh.

Anyways, look at it like this. Our star player refuses to call other superstars and be the GM. And I think other stars are a little spurned by this. I mean there's alot of pre-madonnas in the NBA now

bbcmillionaire
12-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Thats the title of the article....:confused:

crack is a hall of a drug...smh

^^^pointing out someones errors and making a grammatical one yourself^^^^ welcome to the NBA forum lmao

quade36
12-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Players don't come to Chicago because they don't get the tax benefits like they do in Florida or the fame like they do in LA and NY. And when you are that good its about about two things, money and fame.

Dade County
12-14-2011, 11:23 AM
^^^pointing out someones errors and making a grammatical one yourself^^^^ welcome to the NBA forum lmao

HELL... lol

Davidgta1
12-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Who Dosent wanna play with d.rose?

OccupymyBallers
12-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Sweet Jesus, Boozer had a better offer than the Bulls? That I didn't know lol

because he didnt....

avon_barksdale
12-14-2011, 11:41 AM
it aint just chitown. its all cold cities except NY... bos, chi, phi, tor, wash dc

all them aint got the glitz, glam, or climate that miami, la, texas, do

smiddy012
12-14-2011, 12:36 PM
The Bulls could have gotten Melo but decided to pull out because of Noah. In retrospect with the emergence of Asik and the regression of Noah, it was probably the wrong move. Melo was willing to come to Chicago!

Rose
Brewer
Melo
Gibson (**** Boozer he'll get injured anyway)
Asik

Is much better than anything they could realistically do this season IMO.

Southsideheat
12-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Derrick has turned into a hard-*** (and i love it), very much like Kobe, which is why Kobe has been very fond of Rose since he came into the league. I think this attitute, at a young age is not normal, and other stars around the same age really don't want to deal with it. As time progresses, and players find out that winning is the only thing left, i'm sure Chicago will be more of a destination than it is now. Right now, players like Lebron/ Howard think they can win on their own terms, we'll find out.

Twista
12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
The Bulls could have gotten Melo but decided to pull out because of Noah. In retrospect with the emergence of Asik and the regression of Noah, it was probably the wrong move. Melo was willing to come to Chicago!

Rose
Brewer
Melo
Gibson (**** Boozer he'll get injured anyway)
Asik

Is much better than anything they could realistically do this season IMO.

Wrong... Bulls didn't pull the trigger on Melo because it would of cost them Deng, Noah + other players.

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Wrong

http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2010/07/nets_stunned_by_carlos_boozers.html

Chicago offered more money

He still didn't give Nets a chance to make another offer.

PacersForLife
12-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Lol it amazes me how the bulls(a team with the best record last season, and mvp) gets no respect and gets ripped EVEN by pacer fans smh.

Anyways, look at it like this. Our star player refuses to call other superstars and be the GM. And I think other stars are a little spurned by this. I mean there's alot of pre-madonnas in the NBA now

Yeah I have some respect D-Rose for not being all over other stars to come to his team. Why do you think Pacer fans can't have an opinion? Just because we've stuck by our team through the thick and thin. The Pacers have really struggled in past years, but gave your Bulls a run for their money. We can have opinions about other teams just like you can, its not our fault our team hasn't been the greatest. Besides Derek Rose I could care less for the rest of the Bulls' starters, without D-Rose they would be nothing.

Mr.B
12-14-2011, 04:13 PM

So does Dallas for some reason. Dallas has great weather (except for August), no state tax, a winning team and an owner that is willing to spend any amount of money to put a winning team on the floor. Yet FA's also bypass us.

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 04:14 PM
So does Dallas for some reason. Dallas has great weather (except for August), no state tax, a winning team and an owner that is willing to spend any amount of money to put a winning team on the floor. Yet FA's also bypass us.

Well not Howard apparently. :shrug:

Wade>You
12-14-2011, 04:15 PM
Yeah I have some respect D-Rose for not being all over other stars to come to his team. Why do you think Pacer fans can't have an opinion? Just because we've stuck by our team through the thick and thin. The Pacers have really struggled in past years, but gave your Bulls a run for their money. We can have opinions about other teams just like you can, its not our fault our team hasn't been the greatest. Besides Derek Rose I could care less for the rest of the Bulls' starters, without D-Rose they would be nothing.Don't worry about it, the Bulls have some less-than-reputable fans.

And you'll know who they are when they respond to this post.

redwhitenblue
12-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Doesn't every fanbase?

Mr.B
12-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Well not Howard apparently. :shrug:

Nothing is done yet. I'm not holding my breath that he will actually sign here.

Pierzynski4Prez
12-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Doesn't every fanbase?

Apparently the Heat don't.

Wade>You, we're still waiting for those links showing how the Bulls CHOSE to pass up LBJ, Wade, and Bosh to instead put role players around Rose. Apparently it was all over 2010 free agency news, so finding a link should be pretty easy for you.

THE_G.O.A.T.
12-14-2011, 04:27 PM
Apparently, NBA free agents don't want to be on the best team in the NBA and play with a mega-superstar point gaurd. Honestly, who cares? The Bulls will be fine without Dwight Howard.

bbcmillionaire
12-14-2011, 04:32 PM
Lol man... Most of us bulls fans feel like Derrick rise now, if they don't wanna come here fk em'

Raph12
12-14-2011, 04:40 PM
The reason why stars don't want to go there is because Rose owns Chitown and they don't feel like he could share that spotlight enough... Lesser stars would be more inclined to go (than top 10-15 guys) I would think.

gilly
12-14-2011, 04:55 PM
I think the Jordan legend plays a part. No one is ever gonna be the greatest Bull of all time, whereas Howard could be the greatest Magic/Net if he wins a chip or two.

PacersForLife
12-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Don't worry about it, the Bulls have some less-than-reputable fans.

Very true...

kozelkid
12-14-2011, 05:02 PM
I think the Jordan legend plays a part. No one is ever gonna be the greatest Bull of all time, whereas Howard could be the greatest Magic/Net if he wins a chip or two.

And Howard will never be the greatest Laker either. Possibly not even Maverick.

I've said it before; fans have incredibly short memories. I mean seriously, Rose is absolutely LOVED in Chicago. Majority of people actually think he had a better rookie season than MJ when there was a poll on it during a game in Rose's rookie season. It was a landslide. Which is ridiculous, but further proves that the MJ shadow is kinda garbage. In fact, it seems more players are in love with it and always seem to seek a #23 jersey in the college ranks (see: Rose, Eric Gordon, Anthony Davis, etc.).

Pierzynski4Prez
12-14-2011, 05:06 PM
The reason why stars don't want to go there is because Rose owns Chitown and they don't feel like he could share that spotlight enough... Lesser stars would be more inclined to go (than top 10-15 guys) I would think.

god damn ralph, that sig

DR_1
12-14-2011, 08:30 PM
Don't worry about it, the Bulls have some less-than-reputable fans.

There's the pot calling the kettle black

effen5
12-14-2011, 09:03 PM
Superstars are intimidated by Coach Thibs and Drose.