PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gordon not going anywhere, Clippers working on extension

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 07:37 PM
"I've always looked forward to being on this team," Gordon said Tuesday. "We have a great team.

"I wouldn't leave here at all. I wouldn't think about it."

Clippers working to extend him now.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7350028/los-angeles-clippers-setting-sights-extension-eric-gordon

apet8945
12-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Wonderful news.

Better-Than-You
12-13-2011, 07:38 PM
:clap:

Lakers will get CP3 then

hugepatsfan
12-13-2011, 07:40 PM

Lakers will get CP3 then

LAC can still put together the best offer of any team interested in CP3. MIn's pick + Eric Bledsoe, Kaman's expiring deal, + AFA, + another 1st rounder or two is still a great haul for CP3. Better than what LA can offer for sure.

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Wonderful news.

It's awesome to see. Most of us Clippers fans have this fear that he will eventually jet for Pacers eventually because he seems like a homebody and guy who likes the small town. Hell... the guy spends his entire summers in Indiana. So lately him coming out a couple times and being outspoken about wanting to stay is HUGE for our insecurities of him leaving.

I just hope Olshey is smart enough to keep him. If he sends Gordon out in a CP3 trade I'm going to go berserk.

RLundi
12-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Good for the Clip Show, I thought what Stern wanted was way too much for the future franchise of the league (along with OKC) anyway.

Sportfan
12-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Wow....so if Paul stays with NO and plays out the season, does this put the Clippers out of the max cap space group? What's their cap with Jordan/Butler signings? Gordon will surely get at least 12+

hugepatsfan
12-13-2011, 07:43 PM
If I could become GM of any team in the NBA, I'd pick the Clippers. They're going to be the powerhouse of the West in the very near future. Them and OKC.

apet8945
12-13-2011, 07:43 PM
It's awesome to see. Most of us Clippers fans have this fear that he will eventually jet for Pacers eventually because he seems like a homebody and guy who likes the small town. Hell... the guy spends his entire summers in Indiana. So lately him coming out a couple times and being outspoken about wanting to stay is HUGE for our insecurities of him leaving.

I just hope Olshey is smart enough to keep him. If he sends Gordon out in a CP3 trade I'm going to go berserk.

I'm pretty sure we have nothing to worry about. Olshey has shown he's more than capable of making the right decisions. If we do get Paul, Gordon won't be involved.

Eagles4Lyfe
12-13-2011, 07:44 PM
Nice job dude's an animal and going to explode

Nets/Raiders!
12-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Great news for The Clippers. Easier to wait and sign Paul in the offseason. Eric Gordon is a beast.

apet8945
12-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Wow....so if Paul stays with NO and plays out the season, does this put the Clippers out of the max cap space group? What's their cap with Jordan/Butler signings? Gordon will surely get at least 12+

As long as the Clippers find a way to get rid of Mo's 8.5 million, and with Kaman, Cook, Billups, and Foye expiring, they'll have around 27-28 million next year to shop around.

Avenged
12-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Good. He belongs there. This guy is going to be a star really soon.

If they still manage to get CP3.. Chris Pau/Gordon/Blake.. WoW.

The great thing of that core is that they're all young. Chris Paul is 26. Gordon and Blake are both 22.

hugepatsfan
12-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Good. He belongs there. This guy is going to be a star really soon.

If they still manage to get CP3.. Chris Pau/Gordon/Blake.. WoW.

The great thing of that core is that they're all young.

Don't forget DeAndre Jordan too. He's a perfect compliment to that lineup. Caron Butler is a solid piece too. W/ that starting 5, they shouldn't have too much trouble finding guys to fill out the bench.

BKLYNpigeon
12-13-2011, 07:49 PM
awesom. a nice F-U to Stern.

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 07:50 PM
If I could become GM of any team in the NBA, I'd pick the Clippers. They're going to be the powerhouse of the West in the very near future. Them and OKC.

Which is funny because I made a thread like 6 months ago about who would you choose as a GM to build. Clippers, Grizzlies or Thunder. Only like 15 percent of people picked the Clippers. Bet if we voted again it would be a big jump.

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 07:58 PM
as expected, Neil the IronBalls has made yet again the right decision.

job well done, Olshey!

hugepatsfan
12-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Which is funny because I made a thread like 6 months ago about who would you choose as a GM to build. Clippers, Grizzlies or Thunder. Only like 15 percent of people picked the Clippers. Bet if we voted again it would be a big jump.

Well back then I would have picked OKC because I didn't think guys like CP3 would view the Clips as a great place. I guess I underrated the ability of some players to look past their history.

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 08:19 PM
Well back then I would have picked OKC because I didn't think guys like CP3 would view the Clips as a great place. I guess I underrated the ability of some players to look past their history.

Fair enough. I think Neil Olshey/Sterling had to start proving they mean business and WILL spend money to build a contender. I can't blame you or others for being doubtful considering the suspect history the team has. I'm very vindicated though because I saw how special this team was last year despite all the losing. I knew this team would be great and they are heading down that path now. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Clippers could nab a 5-6 seed with the roster we have now.

On paper the Clippers look like arguably the most loaded squad in the NBA right now.

Chauncey Billups/Mo Williams/Eric Bledsoe
Eric Gordon/Randy Foye/Travis Leslie
Caron Butler/Al Farouq Aminu/Ryan Gomes
Blake Griffin/Trey Thompkins/Brian Cook
DeAndre Jordan/Chris Kaman

That's some nasty depth/balance.

Nets/Raiders!
12-13-2011, 08:28 PM
awesom. a nice F-U to Stern.

hahahahahahahaha :laugh:

allSUAVE
12-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Don't think it's hard to find a Eric Gordon in the draft

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Don't think it's hard to find a Eric Gordon in the draft

:confused:

billsftw
12-13-2011, 08:49 PM

Lakers will get CP3 then

come on man
stop with this crap

mgsports
12-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Bledsoe is Injured so can't be in any Trade.

Aust
12-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Bledsoe is Injured so can't be in any Trade.

Dis true?

No Bledsoe or Eric Gordon, who are they gonna offer in a package?

Dodgers99
12-13-2011, 09:44 PM
Dis true?

No Bledsoe or Eric Gordon, who are they gonna offer in a package?

Not true.

NO would just have to waive the physical.

USMCLaker
12-13-2011, 09:54 PM
"I've always looked forward to being on this team," Gordon said Tuesday. "We have a great team.

"I wouldn't leave here at all. I wouldn't think about it."

Clippers working to extend him now.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7350028/los-angeles-clippers-setting-sights-extension-eric-gordon

Unless he is getting a no trade clause this might be a sign of the opposite.

Cracka2HI!
12-13-2011, 11:06 PM
This is why I would never include in a deal for CP3 or really anyone. Besides Blake he's the best player we've ever drafted and we says "he wouldn't think about leaving". We've never had a player like that before. It means a lot to us fans to have a budding star that is so loyal to us!