PDA

View Full Version : If Kobe agreed to waive his no-trade clause

310Casper
12-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Yes, this is bizarre and will never happen, but just for sake of curiosity and convo:

Let say Kobe told Mitch he'd ok any trade to a top 10 team. He's only 1 ring away from Jordan and has about 3-4 years left on his legs.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

Kobe's got 3 years left on Laker contract (25m, 27m, 30m).

What would the best possible package a team would probably offer for Kobe. I know he wouldnt get as much as d12/cp3 command, but there are several teams i can think of that would instantly become #1 with him, i'm thinking Chicago if they got him for cheap.

ChiSoxJuan
12-13-2011, 04:49 PM
If he ever did he would bolt for the Bulls. He almost did once in his career already.

JordansBulls
12-13-2011, 04:52 PM
I think Atlanta would be the perfect team. Maybe a Joe Johnson and Jeff Teague and Marvin Williams for Kobe would work.

That leaves
PG Kirk
SG Kobe
SF Mcgrady
PF Smith
C Horford

310Casper
12-13-2011, 04:54 PM
I think Atlanta would be the perfect team. Maybe a Joe Johnson and Jeff Teague and Marvin Williams for Kobe would work.

That leaves
PG Kirk
SG Kobe
SF Mcgrady
PF Smith
C Horford

Sounds good, but no way those 5 guys can win it all, even if Tmac was healthy all season long. They'd have to have the best bench in the league...then perhaps, still a long shot.

Cal827
12-13-2011, 04:54 PM
^ Those would be some bad knees at the swingmen spot...

Confusious
12-13-2011, 04:55 PM
He'd be stupid to not waive his no trade to Chicago (for the second time).

I wouldn't like it though. It would just make the Kobe/MJ comparisons that much more annoying. Besides, not seeing Kobe in the gold/purple would just be weird as hell.

samevans7
12-13-2011, 04:56 PM
This is Kobe Bryant you're trading for lmfao

you cant get Kobe "for the cheap" lol

Chi City23
12-13-2011, 04:56 PM
The only thing the Bulls could offer that the Lakers would want is Rose and I don't see that happening. Lakers don't need Boozer, they got Pau, don't need Noah, they got Bynum. Luol Deng?? Would a package of Deng, Asik, Taj and draft picks get it done? Highly highly doubtful.

tmacmamba
12-13-2011, 04:59 PM
i hope kobe retires a Laker :pray: but if he ever did leave i think he would go to the bulls since he has a good relationship with Tom Thibodeau. oh and his idol (we all know who) played there so yeah i would say the bulls.

J4KOP99
12-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Lakers would ask for Rose, Deng, and Noah (and the Bulls would have to find a way to get a good 1st rd draft pick) for Kobe.

CrasH-X
12-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Go back home, to Philly .. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=833q2sa

Jrue
Kobe
Turner/Young
Pau
Speights

Potential ..

But he'll never leave LA .

Confusious
12-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Lakers would ask for Rose, Deng, and Noah (and the Bulls would have to find a way to get a good 1st rd draft pick) for Kobe.
Not happening. We're not going to endanger our future (Rose) for a few years of Kobe.

The trade would also not give the Bulls enough talent to keep Kobe happy, which is why the 2007 trade never happened.

king4day
12-13-2011, 05:06 PM
I know the Suns aren't top ten but we don't even have anything that could bring him here and keep us competitive.

BranWingss
12-13-2011, 05:08 PM

That leaves
PG Kirk
SG Kobe
SF Mcgrady
PF Smith
C Horford

I just can't see LA wanting to take on Johnson's contract. He's a still a very good player, but is way overpaid right now. It will just look so much worse in years to come.

Sadds The Gr8
12-13-2011, 05:08 PM
If he did, the Raptors would welcome him with open arms.

tmacmamba
12-13-2011, 05:10 PM
If he did, the Raptors would welcome him with open arms.

:offtopic: but love your sig haha.

JordansBulls
12-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Only other team I can think of is the Knicks and that is if they traded Melo for Kobe. But would the Knicks do that right now?

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
3 way trade, Kobe to Chicago, Dwight to LA, Bogans to Orlando.

IDB Josh M
12-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Nobody. Not so much because they don't want Kobe, but they just can't afford Kobe. Kobe's jersey won't sell the way they do in Los Angeles. To be honest, if Kobe was still as awesome as he is, on a different team, his brand would not be as big. (exceptions would be Chicago and NY).

I think he would be great in OKC.

J4KOP99
12-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Not happening. We're not going to endanger our future (Rose) for a few years of Kobe.

The trade would also not give the Bulls enough talent to keep Kobe happy, which is why the 2007 trade never happened.

That's my point though... the Lakers would ask for so much that it would never happen.

DaBUU
12-13-2011, 05:16 PM

c'mon now, lets not get silly. I love Kobe, but c'mon.

sf-fanatic
12-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Warriors aren't top 10 but we definitely have the assets to make it happen. Kobe would only need to move north 350 miles and he would have the whole Bay Area to himself.

Curry/Thompson/Udoh/Wright for Kobe (we are under the cap now so salaries dont need to match)

Ellis
Kobe
FA
Lee
Biedrins

sf-fanatic
12-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Warriors aren't top 10 but we definitely have the assets to make it happen. Kobe would only need to move north 350 miles and he would have the whole Bay Area to himself.

Curry/Thompson/Udoh/Wright for Kobe (we are under the cap now so salaries dont need to match)

Ellis
Kobe
FA
Lee
Biedrins

AntiG
12-13-2011, 05:33 PM
imagine if he left and won it with... Boston.

ThunderousDemon
12-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Kobe will retire a Laker when his contract is up in 3 years.

tbomlad
12-13-2011, 05:40 PM
3 way trade, Kobe to Chicago, Dwight to LA, Bogans to Orlando.

I think you mean Rose to Orlando. How does Bogans fit in a trade involving Kobe and Dwight? :facepalm:

Pierzynski4Prez
12-13-2011, 05:43 PM
I think you mean Rose to Orlando. How does Bogans fit in a trade involving Kobe and Dwight? :facepalm:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 05:44 PM
pointless idea. the moment you trade for Kobe the receiving team will lose all of its assets to compete for a title. lakers won't just give him away for expiring salaries, and 30 mil a year is a half of the cap space. not possible.

billsftw
12-13-2011, 05:45 PM

check the stats
if you give Bogans Kobe's playing time, he projects to the same stats

here's the link ---> :moon:

Da Knicks
12-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Only other team I can think of is the Knicks and that is if they traded Melo for Kobe. But would the Knicks do that right now?

no melo is the future..

sjbirds
12-13-2011, 06:07 PM
Go back home, to Philly .. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=833q2sa

Jrue
Kobe
Turner/Young
Pau
Speights

Potential ..

But he'll never leave LA .

i like it!!

J4KOP99
12-13-2011, 06:11 PM
c'mon now, lets not get silly. I love Kobe, but c'mon.

Alright, obviously this is a ridiculous hypothetical question...

However, if you are the lakers, you will be asking for A LOT.

I know you are a Bulls fan and would never want to do that trade.But what do you think would get it done?

-Rose would have to be involved
-You would think the Lakers would want a 1st round pick
-I could see them wanting Deng
-Noah would possibly used as a chip for another trade

--The Lakers wouldn't just give the guy away for an "ok" deal... it would have to be a rape. and not just any rape... a midnight rape... THE midnight rape.

central2003
12-13-2011, 06:22 PM
It would be nice if Kobe did it the Jordan way, after his contract with the lakers ended and at least for 1 or 2 years helped another under dog team fight for a title (ie: Kings, warriors, Sixers, or even the Bulls depending on their situation) Then He will go down as one of the great all time competitors of the game.

RaiderLakersA's
12-13-2011, 06:37 PM
It would be nice if Kobe did it the Jordan way, after his contract with the lakers ended and at least for 1 or 2 years helped another under dog team fight for a title (ie: Kings, warriors, Sixers, or even the Bulls depending on their situation) Then He will go down as one of the great all time competitors of the game.

He is already "...one of the great all time competitors of the game" now. :eyebrow:

John Walls Era
12-13-2011, 06:39 PM

So you want Kobe to be part of the team management staff (and then ended up playing for them -- Wizards) of some terrible franchise and then tarnish his legacy with terrible draft picks and decisions?

Sounds like a good plan.

Lakers + Giants
12-13-2011, 06:47 PM
It's basically impossible to move him with that contract he has plus still keep the other team a contender while removing 25 Mil Salary. .

Avenged
12-13-2011, 06:55 PM

Daaaaaaaaaamn! The Bulls wouldn't give up Rose by himself let alone all those players + a draft pick.

faridk89
12-13-2011, 06:55 PM

are you guys crazy? Rose's trade value is 1000x higher than kobe's at this point in his career...

J4KOP99
12-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Daaaaaaaaaamn! The Bulls wouldn't give up Rose by himself let alone all those players + a draft pick.

My point is that the Lakers would ask for something absurd... it would never ever happen.

as a Lakers fan, what do you think they would ask for?

D Roses Bulls
12-13-2011, 07:13 PM
The only thing the Bulls could offer that the Lakers would want is Rose and I don't see that happening. Lakers don't need Boozer, they got Pau, don't need Noah, they got Bynum. Luol Deng?? Would a package of Deng, Asik, Taj and draft picks get it done? Highly highly doubtful.

Thats the thing that held up the trade before. they wanted luol deng and the bulls wanted to trade them ben gordon

MTar786
12-13-2011, 08:06 PM
rose, deng and noah wouldnt even be enough to get kobe lol

kblo247
12-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Reasons LA wouldn't move him

- he is the longest tenured player in history, bad PR
- he is the biggest draw in the nba sans Jordan and easily in LAL history, dating back to 2005
- they can't justify prices without him on the team
- TWC who gave them $5 billion wanted an exclusive library of Kobe games to market, not pissing them off

Kobe is the goose who lays the golden eggs