PDA

View Full Version : Dan gilbert!!!!



MrThrowBack23
12-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Do you guys think that by the way Dan Gilbert has been acting, ever since Lebron didnt resign with Cleveland, he wont have any superstar players wanting to play for him? Do you think that Dan Gilbert put his franchise in a bad or worse position to sign or retain top free agents?

I think he basically has screwed himself and Cleveland, I might be wrong though. I mean do you think Kyrie Irving is gonna want to play for such an owner that doesnt allow a player to decide for themselves where they can play?

310Casper
12-13-2011, 04:48 PM
money talks. As long as he can offer max contracts, many superstars would be willing to come for the money. Plus it would instantly become their city, their towns, their fans, their legacy.

Not all players place a ring as their first priority, even though they'd like for you to believe that.

Cal827
12-13-2011, 04:48 PM
:laugh: I'm going to bet that this is going to end turribly, right Arch? :D

utl768
12-13-2011, 04:49 PM
the lebron thing killed his hopes by about 80 percent and then his email last week filled the other 20 percent

he will field a losing team for another 4-5 years then sell the team and then eventually theyll just kill the franchise off all together

its sad but true

Arch Stanton
12-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Do you guys think that by the way Dan Gilbert has been acting, ever since Lebron didnt resign with Cleveland, he wont have any superstar players wanting to play for him? Do you think that Dan Gilbert put his franchise in a bad or worse position to sign or retain top free agents?

I think he basically has screwed himself and Cleveland, I might be wrong though. I mean do you think Kyrie Irving is gonna want to play for such an owner that doesnt allow a player to decide for themselves where they can play?

The thing is superstars and free agents weren't really coming to Cleveland when LeBron was around so how is it any different. Plus Marc Cuban has been just as outspoken in the past and look at his Dallas Mavericks. In the end money talks and Gilbert is willing to spend the dough.

Arch Stanton
12-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Can we merge all the "I hate Dan Gilbert Threads" into one thread at least.

Arch Stanton
12-13-2011, 04:51 PM
the lebron thing killed his hopes by about 80 percent and then his email last week filled the other 20 percent

he will field a losing team for another 4-5 years then sell the team and then eventually theyll just kill the franchise off all together

its sad but true

Should we make a sig bet on that?

Arch Stanton
12-13-2011, 04:51 PM
:laugh: I'm going to bet that this is going to end turribly, right Arch? :D

Spoken like a true Barkley!

Cal827
12-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Spoken like a true Barkley!

lol Well you know what I mean. I don't like Gilbert myself, again I know we have contrasting opinions (which is expected since you are a diehard Cavs fan).. but this will soon turn into a "I hate Cleveland" thread too.

ink
12-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Can we merge all the "I hate Dan Gilbert Threads" into one thread at least.

Better yet close it. We've had enough of these for a while.