PDA

View Full Version : Nets Will Move On If Dwight is Not Traded by the End of the Week

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-13-2011, 06:16 AM
http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/1041/dwight-howard

Colin Stephenson of the Newark Star-Ledger reported that if the Nets have not been able to acquire Dwight Howard "by the end of the week" that they will move on to their "contingency plans."
We only half believe this, since any warm and fuzzies from Howard's camp would likely extend that deadline to 'indefinitely.' But we do believe that if there aren't enough signs that the Nets have a really good shot at him, then they would be wise to look at the rest of the market. Dec 13 - 4:49 AM
Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Better-Than-You
12-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Cool, the Lakers should try to stall for another week.

waveycrockett
12-13-2011, 06:37 AM
We have to move on. NeNe and Brook I can live with and I think Deron can too. If we have to live thru plan C and D again we are cooked

I am Smart
12-13-2011, 06:37 AM
No they won't

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 08:18 AM
If they do, they are idiots.

Magic will cave on their demands sooner or later. Do they still move on because they said so? Or do they go back on their word and make themselves look like *****es?

waveycrockett
12-13-2011, 08:21 AM
If they do, they are idiots.

Magic will cave on their demands sooner or later. Do they still move on because they said so? Or do they go back on their word and make themselves look like *****es?

How so? It is still possible to land Dwight in FA even if we sign Nene to his 64MM deal. Its contingent on dealing Farmar and one of our former 1st round picks or Morrow. That wont be hard and we would have a good enough team to make the playoffs.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 08:27 AM
How so? It is still possible to land Dwight in FA even if we sign Nene to his 64MM deal. Its contingent on dealing Farmar and one of our former 1st round picks or Morrow. That wont be hard and we would have a good enough team to make the playoffs.

If I was the Magic and I came back to you to offer Howard at the deadlne, do you say no because you 'moved on'?

We are talking millions of dollars. Howard can be the difference in a deep playoff run or first round exit. The difference between making $150 mil to $200 mil. I doubt any management would seriously consider not negotiating just because they said they 'moved on'.

oak2455
12-13-2011, 08:43 AM
If I was the Magic and I came back to you to offer Howard at the deadlne, do you say no because you 'moved on'?

We are talking millions of dollars. Howard can be the difference in a deep playoff run or first round exit. The difference between making $150 mil to $200 mil. I doubt any management would seriously consider not negotiating just because they said they 'moved on'.

Agree and Nene isn't keeping Dwill a Net if Howard goes elsewhere

Supreme LA
12-13-2011, 08:53 AM
http://rotoworld.com/player/nba/1041/dwight-howard

Colin Stephenson of the Newark Star-Ledger reported that if the Nets have not been able to acquire Dwight Howard "by the end of the week" that they will move on to their "contingency plans."
We only half believe this, since any warm and fuzzies from Howard's camp would likely extend that deadline to 'indefinitely.' But we do believe that if there aren't enough signs that the Nets have a really good shot at him, then they would be wise to look at the rest of the market. Dec 13 - 4:49 AM
Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Nets would move on to what?? Move back to being a lottery team once Deron leaves?? This is too funny if they really do decide to move on from Dwight.

allSUAVE
12-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Could be a smart move if you think about it ...wait for Dwight and he don't end up coming smh ...sign nene before its too late

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Could be a smart move if you think about it ...wait for Dwight and he don't end up coming smh ...sign nene before its too late

They can still sign Howard and trade for Howard though. It's not like Howard and Deron will be contenders themselves. They might as well add Nene to the mix.

allSUAVE
12-13-2011, 09:06 AM
They can still sign Howard and trade for Howard though. It's not like Howard and Deron will be contenders themselves. They might as well add Nene to the mix.

Yup

maddBat
12-13-2011, 09:36 AM
decent move. we cant wait 4ever. otis has his back against the wall n hes the 1 that wants 2 play games. at 1st he wanted 2 file 4 tampering n then doesnt wtf? :eyebrow: hes def lovin this media i guess. also because if we dont get dwight now doesnt mean we cant try again b4 trade deadline.

tcav701
12-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Well seeing as how the Nets are the only reasonable destination for Dwight, I doubt it.

Unless the Clippers offer th same deal for Dwight which is better than any Nets deal anyways.

jrm2054
12-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Trade him today Otis

gwrighter
12-13-2011, 10:38 AM
That is a lie. Dwight will be traded at the deadline like every other superstar. Having that time constraint approaching the deadline allows for a bidding war to ensue thus Orlando can benefit the most from an offer that suits them. Lopez & picks won't be enough to get it done, there will be better offers for Dwight and Orlando is holding out for them.

Raph12
12-13-2011, 12:35 PM
The Nets wouldn't be able to trade for Dwight if they sign Nene; the whole allure of the Nets offer is predicated on the fact that they'd take Hedo in the deal and send us only $3M in cap (Lopez) and picks. If they sign Nene, they can no longer touch Turk, which would turn us to the Lakers, bye bye Dwight.

imagesrdecievin
12-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah I'm not really sure how a bidding war drives up the price. I am pretty confident that Billy King will give the Magic whatever they want right now for Howard. Billy isn't playing the low ball game here.

Lopez plus two firsts was the opening of negotiations - whatever else Otis wants to add outside of Deron Williams is certainly available.

But if Otis waits too long - like the previous poster said the Nets can no longer absorb Hedo's salary and then the offer just got worse for him.

JB0B0
12-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Nene can play the 4 so I would sign him regardless.

Raph12
12-13-2011, 12:50 PM
Nene can play the 4 so I would sign him regardless.

Nene could guard the 4, but he plays the lowpost better and Brook is a better highpost player.

LTBaByyy
12-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Warriors and Nets are the biggest losers this Off Season

Lo Porto
12-13-2011, 01:03 PM
If the Nets sign Nene this week, can't they trade him for Dwight at the deadline?

sep11ie
12-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Anybody see the Rockets trying to get involved in trade talks for Dwight?

Iggz53
12-13-2011, 01:28 PM
It's just PR. The Nets know what they're doing, they just don't want to look like a desperate team.

tmacmamba
12-13-2011, 01:29 PM
If the Nets sign Nene this week, can't they trade him for Dwight at the deadline?

Good point but i doubt Dwight makes it to the deadline, Even if he does wouldn't the magic rather take the risk of keeping him?

Raph12
12-13-2011, 01:41 PM

In theory yes, but why would the Magic want Nene when they could've had Brook?... If Bynum stays healthy, Magic would rather trade for him than Nene.

MagicBucsSox
12-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Nets have no leverage , if Dwight chose to go to nj. After the season, we'd end with Lopez and their whatever still in a S&T, same as la. No one has leverage on us. No team Dwight'D go to could outright sign him

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Nets have no leverage , if Dwight chose to go to nj. After the season, we'd end with Lopez and their whatever still in a S&T, same as la. No one has leverage on us. No team Dwight'D go to could outright sign him

You won't be able to get Lopez in a S&T. I can guarantee that.

MagicBucsSox
12-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Anybody see the Rockets trying to get involved in trade talks for Dwight?

No offense houston has absolutely 0

MagicBucsSox
12-13-2011, 01:47 PM
You won't be able to get Lopez in a S&T. I can guarantee that.

So they keep Lopez nene n Dwight? Like huh? Your a raptor fan for a reason

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 01:50 PM
So they keep Lopez nene n Dwight? Like huh? Your a raptor fan for a reason

I was talking about in the offseason. If he's a FA, why does the Nets have to give up a valuable piece?

What does me being a Raptor have have to do with this? Is Howard leaving that sensitive of a topic where you go out of your way to take shots at someone? Get a life. :laugh2:

sep11ie
12-13-2011, 01:55 PM
No offense houston has absolutely 0

Houston has tons of good trade assests.

benzni
12-13-2011, 02:04 PM

T-Mac, Yao, Martin, 2x 4th round pick for Dwight.

book it!

RLundi
12-13-2011, 02:05 PM

None that a rebuilding team (read: Magic) would want for Howard.

Angelus™
12-13-2011, 02:25 PM
With the season starting very soon, i guess it makes sense to pursue other options that are quickly drying up rather then wait for the Magic to soften on their demands.

MagicBucsSox
12-13-2011, 02:36 PM
I was talking about in the offseason. If he's a FA, why does the Nets have to give up a valuable piece?

What does me being a Raptor have have to do with this? Is Howard leaving that sensitive of a topic where you go out of your way to take shots at someone? Get a life. :laugh2:

Like what are you talking about? First off it's called a S&T, Dwight signs with his teams and is traded bECAUSE THAT'S HOW HE MAKES MORE MONEY SIGNING WITH HIS ORIGINAL TEAM, same as Lopez would go for the most cash he can get in a s&t with nj. New jersey can't afford to simply buy dwight with nene,Lopez and deron ?no to mention they need other players, likes what are u talking about.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Like what are you talking about? First off it's called a S&T, Dwight signs with his teams and is traded bECAUSE THAT'S HOW HE MAKES MORE MONEY SIGNING WITH HIS ORIGINAL TEAM, same as Lopez would go for the most cash he can get in a s&t with nj. New jersey can't afford to simply buy dwight with nene,Lopez and deron ?no to mention they need other players, likes what are u talking about.

Where did I say he will sign outright. I just said that if the Magic do S&T him, they wouldn't have to give up Lopez to get him.

If I was the Nets, why the hell would I trade Lopez for a guy who wouldn't sign with that team anyways? I can trade a future first, a TPE and a young player for Howard and the Magic would definitely accept. I wouldn't have to trade a potential star when I know that Howard won't sign back either way. Lopez can be traded for a more valuable piece at another position to help the team even more.

Do you not get basketball politics?

Raph12
12-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Houston has a lot a rebuilding team like the Magic would want: Kyle Lowry, Johnny Flynn, Courtnee Lee, Terrance Williams and Patrick Patterson are all very young good players... But if they want Dwight, they'd have to get a third team involved so that the Magic get a center back as well, because none of those guys, although great assets can play center.

Unfortunately Dwight hasn't listed them as a team he'd resign with, so they wouldn't give up a bunch of young talent so that he leaves in a year.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 03:06 PM
I wonder if the Clippers go after Howard. DeAndre Jordan and the pick entice the Magic enough? Probably adding Aminu or Bledsoe in the deal too. Would have to be when Jordan is available for trade.

C-Howard
PF-Griffin
SF-Probably a FA
SG-Butler
PG-Billups
6th-Mo Williams

imagesrdecievin
12-13-2011, 03:18 PM
I wonder if the Clippers go after Howard. DeAndre Jordan and the pick entice the Magic enough? Probably adding Aminu or Bledsoe in the deal too. Would have to be when Jordan is available for trade.

C-Howard
PF-Griffin
SF-Probably a FA
SG-Butler
PG-Billups
6th-Mo Williams

Why would the clips give up any significant assets without a guarantee that he'd sign with them?

Raph12
12-13-2011, 03:21 PM
Dwight said Clipps are "not on his radar" so that's a no... And on top of that they matched for DJ, which means he can't be traded for 3 months (less in shortened season), so they're offer would suck.

rurichie
12-13-2011, 03:25 PM
Basically it's saying trade us Dwight now or we won't take Turk back in a deal because we are going to sign Nene

Ty Fast
12-13-2011, 03:26 PM
the nets said that about melo last year and they still kept pursuing him. they are just trying to put pressure on the magic.

Aust
12-13-2011, 03:47 PM
LOL wow

Then there not getting him. And I don't see Dallas getting him, unless its in FA.
Orlando is def gonna hold onto him for more than a week.

How I see this playing out:
He'll be with the Magic for part of the season. Andrew Bynum will have a CAREER YEAR with the Lakers (I am so sure that I'd bet my freaking house)(check my sig). Alot of people haven't read the articles about his extended offseason work. This dude is coming back with an agenda.After the All-Star break IN Orlando, the Magic will trade him for Bynum + other stuff.
If the Magic don't trade him, it's probably because the relationship has improved so well between them that the Magic are confident they will resign him.

rapjuicer06
12-13-2011, 04:00 PM
How I see it working out....No one will be able to afford him in the offseason other than the Clippers and he doesn't want to go there, so Orlando will tell him they'll do everything for him and he stays in Orlando :)

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Why would the clips give up any significant assets without a guarantee that he'd sign with them?

Which is why I wondered if Clipperss would make a move. I wasn't sure that he would resign.

rurichie
12-13-2011, 05:13 PM
How I see it working out....No one will be able to afford him in the offseason other than the Clippers and he doesn't want to go there, so Orlando will tell him they'll do everything for him and he stays in Orlando :)

The nets can afford him but if we sign Nene we wont take Turk and his hideous contract, that's our bargaining point

topdog
12-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Anyone outside of Love-Rubio-Williams for Dwight, no extension guarantee. Orlando can get some combination of Wes, Beasley, Randolph, Pek, Ridnour, Darko, ect. we'll take Dwight and try to convince him to stay and find a way to sign Jamal Crawford:

Rubio/Barea
Crawford/Lee
Williams/Tolliver
Love/Randolph
Dwight/Miller

Pipedream with no pipe...

rapjuicer06
12-13-2011, 06:10 PM
The nets can afford him but if we sign Nene we wont take Turk and his hideous contract, that's our bargaining point

If you give Nene the max you can still afford two other max players? Now, I find that hard to believe

VinceCarter
12-13-2011, 06:39 PM
This is just a tactic by the Nets. If we back out this week it doesn't mean the Magic might not come calling because they have interest in a deal. Then the Nets just get a third team involved and botta boom.

But of course this is too logical for PSD. Of course come Monday the 19th the Nets will FOREVER abandon Dwight Howard. :rolleyes:

danniboi168
12-13-2011, 06:44 PM
they will not move on that fast till dwight either signs with another team or settles with the magic.

DR_1
12-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Well we never thought the Knicks would give up on getting CP3...I would not be surprised if Nene is a Net by the end of the week.

iggypop123
12-13-2011, 07:23 PM
signing nene would make life harder for them to contract a trade. it wouldnt end it but make takign the hedo salary dump tough. the magic do have to have a sense or urgency. the idea they can just play it and it will be fine isnt a good way to go. the team still stinks but more importantly the idea "well just let him walk then" is actually realistic since dallas has the cap room next year to do it.