PDA

View Full Version : Dream offseason

Drew707
12-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Hey guys, im new here. I have been reading your guys post fir a while and finally decided to start posting myself

I have been thinking a lot about what my dream offseason would be but keeping it realistic.

Sign jordan
Trade monta to memphis for gay
Make a hard run at afflalo.

Would the cap allow that or would we have to ship beans somewhere to make it work? And what is your guys dream offseason?

MackShock
12-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Welcome, use the signup thread.

Monta is beast
12-12-2011, 08:21 PM
First of all welcome. The Warriors used the amnesty clause on Bell to offer as much as they could for Jordan, so if the Clippers don't end up matching our offer we wont have any cap room. So Afflalo would be out of the question. But if the Clippers do match our offer, we would be 11 million under the cap. Also I thought Ellis would be traded, cause I thought management would panic when we missed out on Chandler & Paul. But it looks like management is playing it smart, and taking their time to make big decisions. Even though this off-season was frustrating, it was also nice to see how active we were with big name free agents & trade possibilities.

MackShock
12-12-2011, 08:24 PM
as for the trade, rudy has a mammoth contract, which im sure is bigger than montas. however, we are under the cap, so a monta for rudy swap is possible:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3ep69w5

in a dream offseason, it wouldve been monta and bell (who was amnestied) for gay

then we would need to salary dump beans (or we couldve amnestied him) Biedrins. If we wanted to keep him, we would have to do this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7zgjqm4

BOOM. Welcome to Warriors forum.

TrueFan420
12-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Welcome...jordan will be/ is matched

robbnen#31
12-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Hey guys, im new here. I have been reading your guys post fir a while and finally decided to start posting myself

I have been thinking a lot about what my dream offseason would be but keeping it realistic.

Sign jordan
Trade monta to memphis for gay
Make a hard run at afflalo.

Would the cap allow that or would we have to ship beans somewhere to make it work? And what is your guys dream offseason?

Monta for Gay then signing Afflalo would be perfect. The Clippers matched Jordan, so we weren't able to get him.

Drew707
12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Yeah i just read that the clippers would match. I guess we use that extra cash for afflalo

Also i was happy to see us strongly pursue the big men we have so desperatley needed. I just wish we could have picked up one of them. Hopefully beans has some confidence back along with the 10 pounds of muscle he brought back.

MackShock
12-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Where do you want to run Afflalo? With Ellis and Wright getting heavy minutes, I doubt we can match his 33mpg from last season.