PDA

View Full Version : Clippers retain DeAndre Jordan

phlp_bj
12-12-2011, 08:13 PM
The Clippers have matched Golden State's offer sheet for DeAndre Jordan, league source tells Y! Sports.

http://twitter.com/wojyahoonba

itsripcity32
12-12-2011, 08:18 PM
overpaid! gj warriors for making them tie up their money!

Iodine
12-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Not a shocker but I think the only way this ends up biting them in the *** is if DJ never gets a handle on his foul rate

Tanakid777
12-12-2011, 08:26 PM
I think he's a bit overrated/overpaid

TrueFan420
12-12-2011, 08:28 PM
cant say we didnt see this happening... what will be interesting to see is what happens to kaman now

CityofChaos
12-12-2011, 08:31 PM
gj to the warriors brass for wasting their amnesty clause on charlie bell

Iodine
12-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I think he's a bit overrated/overpaid

What bigman isnt though?

I mean he's getting less than Bogut, and while I love Bogut and think he's better if he ever can get healthy, every NBA GM has an orgasm battle over high upside athletic bigmen

kylem4711
12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
way overpaid, but everything is to make blake happy. happy with it

roshan3ai
12-12-2011, 08:50 PM
I think if he develops well enough, the Clippers are playoff bound. Billups is going to be key on that team. They may be my second favorite team out west after the Nuggets.

mavwar53
12-12-2011, 09:32 PM
gj to the warriors brass for wasting their amnesty clause on charlie bell

That's right they should have amnestied biedrins and been left without a center completely right? Or did it with lee and get worse at rebounding oh ya you can't get worse than last? The warriors played this perfect not only did they raise the price they cut a year off his original offer and made the clips pay up at the same place they were comfortable paying Jordan if the clips didn't match. Well played warriors well played indeed. A ton Of cap space now no reason to waste it on any fa's now just deal biedrins and or Ellis and go after a star hard in next year, unlikely Howard but he did say he wanted to play with Ellis so maybe we have a chance if we deal biedrins for expiring contracts which is even better than amnestying him

310Casper
12-12-2011, 09:34 PM
This was a no-brainer for the Clippers.

And as Bill Simmons just put it: Kaman, Jordan, Griffin, Butler, Gomes, Aminu, Gordon, Williams, Foye, Billups, Bledsoe ... now that's a team built for 66 games in 120 days!

Iodine
12-12-2011, 09:36 PM
That's right they should have amnestied biedrins and been left without a center completely right? Or did it with lee and get worse at rebounding oh ya you can't get worse than last? The warriors played this perfect not only did they raise the price they cut a year off his original offer and made the clips pay up at the same place they were comfortable paying Jordan if the clips didn't match. Well played warriors well played indeed. A ton Of cap space now no reason to waste it on any fa's now just deal biedrins and or Ellis and go after a star hard in next year, unlikely Howard but he did say he wanted to play with Ellis so maybe we have a chance if we deal biedrins for expiring contracts which is even better than amnestying him
Plus, since bell was gonna be a FA after the year anyway, why not just lose him now and free money and roster space

Kobe4Life
12-12-2011, 10:08 PM
LOL Clippers!! Enjoy overpaying someone for ally oops. Another sub .500 season.

Chronz
12-12-2011, 10:14 PM
LOL your analysis is full of fail

kylem4711
12-12-2011, 10:14 PM

enjoy your aging, alleged rapist, guy that no one likes, superstar. wonder what team you will jump on next when the lakers aren't doing so well.

FaM0us Skins
12-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Not a nice move for the Clippers they are overpaying Jordan

FriedTofuz
12-12-2011, 10:42 PM
way overpaid, but everything is to make blake happy. happy with it

Alot of you say and think DeAndre is overpaid, but have any of you seen him play consistantly? He plays like A DPOY, hes very atheltic, rebounds and blocks shots very well. Hes very young and he can grow into a better version of tyson chandler. Down the road, his contract will be good for the clippers.

AddiX
12-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Ppl need to stop saying overpaid, big men cost money and if you don't have one you can get dominated by even the crappy teams that do.

Good move my the clips, they are one really good pg away from having an extremely scary team.

ClippersE.G
12-12-2011, 10:54 PM
overpaid! gj warriors for making them tie up their money!

Bay Area.

ClippersE.G
12-12-2011, 10:55 PM

Noooooow I see why everyone hates Laker fans

ClippersE.G
12-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Not a nice move for the Clippers they are overpaying Jordan

Chris Kaman gets 12 million a year. He is the highest payed Clippers player. YES, Chris Kaman. He spends his time of late shooting jumpers, he makes stupid decisions (he has been making since he was a rookie)..he pouts way too much, he is not that great defensively, he has a nice touch (sometimes) but he is so horrible sometimes that when he is mediocre he is given undeserved credit. Plus he is ticking timebomb as far as injuries go....

The Clippers have no use for Kaman anymore. He does not fit what they are trying to do. Chris Kaman is not high flying. There were times last year when the guys would try to give Chris Kaman a pass or play normally reserved for Deandre that he would not be able to finish. Kaman would receive near the paint dribble once and have the ball bounce off his foot, or lose the ball. Deandre would just dunk on the world.

Before last season Deandre was eh defensively, but he has become Chandleresque at D. And his offense is well...Chandleresque too. But that is what we need. A guy to dunk on the world, rebound, and alter/block shots. He is young and injury free.

Now name me some centers with the athletic ability, height, and presence of Deandre ? (Besides Dwight)

kylem4711
12-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Alot of you say and think DeAndre is overpaid, but have any of you seen him play consistantly? He plays like A DPOY, hes very atheltic, rebounds and blocks shots very well. Hes very young and he can grow into a better version of tyson chandler. Down the road, his contract will be good for the clippers.

yeah, im a clip fan. I saw every game. not trying to be sarcastic...

he is very athletic, but currently does not have much more than that. He definitely tried hard, but makes very bonehead moves. he is also a liability on offense just because he is so terrible at free-throws.

realistically i was hoping he would get like 7-8 mill a year. 11 is just the market for 7' potential i guess

Iodine
12-12-2011, 11:06 PM

I wouldnt say DPOY, his foul rate is really bad and that hurts his effectiveness

Lake_Show2416
12-12-2011, 11:10 PM
enjoy your aging, alleged rapist, guy that no one likes, superstar. wonder what team you will jump on next when the lakers aren't doing so well.

sounds like a bitter shadow

kylem4711
12-12-2011, 11:32 PM
sounds like a bitter shadow

glad you think so

Cracka2HI!
12-13-2011, 12:31 AM
I don't think DJ is close anywhere close to this money honestly. However this is the market for him and we had to do it.

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 12:39 AM
he may not be worth it in the next 2 years, but the latter 2 years he will be underpaid.

Cracka2HI!
12-13-2011, 12:48 AM
^ I have hopes for him too! I believe he will develop into the perfect compliment to Blake and his FT stroke is actually pretty good. He just never makes it. I can see him ending up in the 60%'s. Maybe 70's a couple years.

PacersForLife
12-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Typical Laker Fan....

:clap:

Angelus™
12-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Clips really see something in this guy to match.

We'll see if he proves to be a good investment for the team