PDA

View Full Version : CP3 to Clippers thread (continued): Talks resumed, possibly deal Tuesday (Post #33)

Bruno
12-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Chris Paul to the Clippers continued

Old thread:
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=675963&page=29

NBA mods should this thread be closed? It can not be merged into the existing Chris Paul thread since this thread is older than the new stickied thread. I didnt realize that both of those threads were past 1,000 posts until after making this thread. If somebody wants to close this thats cool just don't merge it.

nickdymez
12-12-2011, 08:07 PM
With Baron going to the Clips, is there a need for this?

Sportfan
12-12-2011, 08:08 PM
what is there to continue? the deal is assumingly dead. just leave the Chris Paul destination thread stickied open

bholly
12-12-2011, 08:09 PM
that's not true, he is the physical representation of the 29 other owners who own the hornets. he has the power of combined owners, depending on the issues and how the owners divide themselves.

The other owners have absolutely no power over these trade talks by themselves. Stern has the power because he heads the company that owns the Hornets. If they other 29 owners want to suggest he does something then that's fine, but they aren't giving him power - they're just asking him to use his 'no trade' power, which they all have for their own teams too. He has no more power with Hornets deals than those owners have with their own deals.
Notice how LAL and LAC have walked away from the deals now? They're exercising exactly the same power Stern exercised - he has no more power than that.

that's not any different than dictating where certain pieces go. if a trade without Gordon is turned down by the league for a lack of talent being shipped out by LAC, then it's probably because gordon wasn't a part of the package. if the deal isn't accepted by the league until gordon is included, then he is essentially dictating the assembly of these trade scenarios.

You say 'dictating' now, but any other owner can say 'no trade' all they like and you'd be calling it 'driving a hard bargain'.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-12-2011, 08:09 PM
You could have just let it continue. :shrug: Tim Tebow's thread went well into 125 pages.

Then again, nothing is of equivalent to Tim Tebow.

nickdymez
12-12-2011, 08:11 PM
You could have just let it continue. :shrug: Tim Tebow's thread went well into 125 pages.

Maybe Jesus Christ, but thats a big maybe..

AI4MVP
12-12-2011, 08:13 PM

Alright this is geting kinda ridiculous. Comparing Tim Tebow to Jesus Christ? I mean hes great and everything, but Jesus Christ is no Tim Tebow.

nickdymez
12-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Alright this is geting kinda ridiculous. Comparing Tim Tebow to Jesus Christ? I mean hes great and everything, but Jesus Christ is no Tim Tebow.

I don't know. Maybe you didn't notice the Raider **** all over my profile. If that's the case, how could i ever expect you to sense the sarcasm in my post?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-12-2011, 08:17 PM

Have you not heard? He IS Jesus.

The Second Coming was referring to him being reincarnated into Tim Tebow.

marj987
12-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Uhhmmmmmm Chris Paul?

Bruno
12-12-2011, 08:24 PM
The other owners have absolutely no power over these trade talks by themselves. Stern has the power because he heads the company that owns the Hornets.
There's a fine line between power and influence. What happens when two or more of them share the same opinion in regards to blocking a trade? who then has pressure from multiple owners to make a certain decision?

in any other trade scenarios other owners can only alter the outcomes of trades not involving their teams by jumping into the deal. here in this scenario they can express their rightful dissent as part-owners to stern, who has to take them seriously, as they are too part owners. that makes it qualitatively different than any other normal proceedings as it forces stern to listen to the owners who are essentially his share-holders in this scenario. it makes him their puppet, but it also gives him a lot of power and discretion into these trades that the traditional commissioner wouldn't have.

If they other 29 owners want to suggest he does something then that's fine, but they aren't giving him power - they're just asking him to use his 'no trade' power, which they all have for their own teams too. He has no more power with Hornets deals than those owners have with their own deals.

when they allow him to be the instrument by which their dissent is materialized, he is given power. it's his job to act on their behalf.

not true. other owners don't have to consult 29 other people before making a decision. in my OP the implication was that the other 29 owners are dictating their opinions through stern. if that wasn't clear, sorry.

Bruno
12-12-2011, 08:27 PM
what is there to continue? the deal is assumingly dead. just leave the Chris Paul destination thread stickied open

whatever people want to talk about. that thread is also at capacity.

Threads need to be closed after 1,000 posts. If that didn't happen on the tebow thread it's because mods missed it.

shep33
12-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Either the Clips are ready to trade Bledsoe, or else they're gonna amnesty Moe

Dodgers99
12-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Broussard is full of crap in saying that Bledsoe was the hang-up.

Lakeshow24KB
12-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Mitch said he's still having big deals coming. Maybe Chris Paul is still being considered?

Raps18-19 Champ
12-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Threads need to be closed after 1,000 posts. If that didn't happen on the tebow thread it's because mods missed it.

Mods themselves were posting in the thread.

There was well over 1000 post on the thread. I believe over 1800. And that thread was made 3 weeks ago.

I guess Tebow's greatness made the mods think otherwise.

It's closed now though.

Better-Than-You
12-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Mitch said he's still having big deals coming. Maybe Chris Paul is still being considered?

The Clippers have Billup now; they are better off keeping EG and the pick and their depth. CP3 + Billup + Griffin aren' better than the team they have right now. CP3 Trade value probably plummeted after the Clippers backing off.

Bruno
12-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Mods themselves were posting in the thread.

There was well over 1000 post on the thread. I believe over 1800. And that thread was made 3 weeks ago.

I guess Tebow's greatness made the mods think otherwise.

It's closed now though.

It's starting to be enforced again for the sake of PSD app. convenience.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-12-2011, 08:38 PM
It's starting to be enforced again for the sake of PSD app. convenience.

Well I think it's a disgrace that Tim Tebow is being disrespected like that.

Bruno
12-12-2011, 08:40 PM

:laugh2:

BrandoCommando
12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
who's tim tebow

Bruno
NBA mods should this thread be closed? It can not be merged into the existing Chris Paul thread since this thread is older than the new stickied thread. I didnt realize that both of those threads were past 1,000 posts until after making this thread. If somebody wants to close this thats cool just don't merge it.

Tony_Starks
Stern obviously wants to milk CP3 for all the ticket sales he's worth in NO. Thats cool though. When he walks away and they get nothing when they could've had talented players and draft picks he'll look like a idiot and NO will be garbage for a decade or until they go out of business all thanks to Stern........

Raps18-19 Champ
12-12-2011, 08:43 PM
who's tim tebow

:pity:

shep33
12-12-2011, 08:49 PM
So is this thing still alive? They just got Billups which means either Bledsoe is about to be trade or Moe Williams is gonna get amnestied

BrandoCommando
12-12-2011, 08:49 PM
:pity:

I'm sorry man :'(

Bruno
12-12-2011, 08:50 PM
So is this thing still alive? They just got Billups which means either Bledsoe is about to be trade or Moe Williams is gonna get amnestied

I'm reading that it's dead. I made the thread because the old one was filled with lots of people who still wanted to talk about it.

I'll post any updates.

shep33
12-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm reading that it's dead. I made the thread because the old one was filled with lots of people who still wanted to talk about it.

I'll post any updates.

Cool thanks Bruno

Bruno
12-12-2011, 08:54 PM
Already posted in old thread by xnickx5757

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
One source close to process tells ESPN that NBA does not see talks w/Clippers as over. NBA still "hopeful" CP3 fate will be "resolved soon"

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Clippers might decide THEY no longer want to be part of CP3 trade process. But from NBA perspective, sources say, talks w/Clippers not over

shep33
12-12-2011, 08:56 PM
I think he becomes a clipper still, I can see them getting billups, amnestying Moe, and trading Bledsoe in the deal.

Bruno
12-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Cool thanks Bruno

np shep.

ThunderousDemon
12-12-2011, 09:12 PM

:laugh::silly::dance:

bholly
12-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Just filed w/@Chris_Broussard: Sources close to talks tell ESPN there is renewed momentum to seal @CP3 trade to Clippers as soon as Tueday

KB24PG16
12-12-2011, 09:18 PM
wow just when i though it was over...

Bruno
12-12-2011, 09:21 PM

thanks for the update i'll edit the thread title.

KB24PG16
12-12-2011, 09:25 PM
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
CP trade talks back onRT @ESPNSteinLine: Just filed w/@Chris_Broussard: Sources close to talks tell ESPN renewed push for @CP3 trade to LAC

doesnt mean it will get done by any means

spreadeagle
12-12-2011, 09:25 PM
imagine all the laker fans and players and management having to see CP3 walking round Staples in a Clips jersey everyday lol

Avenged
12-12-2011, 09:26 PM
It will get done.

Sportfan
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
CP trade talks back onRT @ESPNSteinLine: Just filed w/@Chris_Broussard: Sources close to talks tell ESPN renewed push for @CP3 trade to LAC
50 seconds ago

veto #4 coming :win:

probably gets done. Hopefully.

unwantedplayer
nvm

DaBear
12-12-2011, 09:28 PM
I hope the Clippers get him.

shep33
12-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Clips IMO, shouldn't do this deal now that they got Billups. He won't be CP3's backup, and now we know Bledsoe is gone in this deal with Gordon most likely.

BigCityofDreams
12-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Smh is anyone else beside ESPN reporting talks are back on

KB24PG16
12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
johnhollinger John Hollinger
Just me wondering: Would think a Mo Williams-Trevor Ariza sidebar might get this deal to the finish line.

shep33
12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
What's better?

Billups
Gordon
Caron
Blake
Jordan

with nice bench pieces and good assets left

or

Paul
?
Caron
Blake
Jordan

with no more young assets, and no more good picks. And realize Paul is just gonna be there 2 years... lots can change in that span for better or worse

shep33
12-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Just me wondering: Would think a Mo Williams-Trevor Ariza sidebar might get this deal to the finish line.

Bad idea for the Clips IMO... keep Aminu, way cheaper anyways and easier to trade

Sportfan
12-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Mo would be turning down some serious cash opting out...

Better-Than-You
12-12-2011, 09:33 PM
What's better?

Billups
Gordon
Caron
Blake
Jordan

with nice bench pieces and good assets left

or

Paul
?
Caron
Blake
Jordan

with no more young assets, and no more good picks. And realize Paul is just gonna be there 2 years... lots can change in that span for better or worse

First by far. Billups is an above average pg and next year draft is DEEP. The Clippers are a young team; why risk the future for 1-2 years that they probably won't win a championship.

AI4MVP
12-12-2011, 09:36 PM
I don't know. Maybe you didn't notice the Raider **** all over my profile. If that's the case, how could i ever expect you to sense the sarcasm in my post?

maybe you dont understand my post, as it was implying that tim tebow>jesus christ

shep33
12-12-2011, 09:37 PM
First by far. Billups is an above average pg and next year draft is DEEP. The Clippers are a young team; why risk the future for 1-2 years that they probably won't win a championship.

Exactly man

Don't understand what the Clips are doing... Billups is a good pg, and he won't backup CP3 for 5-10 mpg, he just won't... so why make the move?

Clips should roll with:

Billups/Bledsoe
Eric Gordon
Caron/Aminu
Blake
Jordan/Kaman

while keeping their picks!

They can be like OKC by next season

airforceones25
12-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Kaman, Williams, Aminu, Bledsoe, Minny 1st for CP3, Ariza

CP3/Billups
Gordon/Foye/Leslie
Butler/Ariza/Gomes
Griffin/Thompkins
Jordan/???

:jumpy:

don'tfireNedCo
12-12-2011, 09:40 PM

Neil should lessen the deal for stern to sweat it out. we don't NEED him but it would be nice to add him now we got billups and DJ is matched.

i say

Mo+Kaman+AFA+Minny's pick

take it or leave it stern

shep33
12-12-2011, 09:41 PM

CP3/Billups
Gordon/Foye/Leslie
Butler/Ariza/Gomes
Griffin/Thompkins
Jordan/???

That's less of an offer than last time, and why would the Clips want Ariza's $21 mill

Better-Than-You

CP3/Billups
Gordon/Foye/Leslie
Butler/Ariza/Gomes
Griffin/Thompkins
Jordan/???

That's a terrible trade for the Hornets.

don'tfireNedCo
Exactly man

Don't understand what the Clips are doing... Billups is a good pg, and he won't backup CP3 for 5-10 mpg, he just won't... so why make the move?

Clips should roll with:

Billups/Bledsoe
Eric Gordon
Caron/Aminu
Blake
Jordan/Kaman

while keeping their picks!

They can be like OKC by next season

i think we can be like OKC this season.

don'tfireNedCo
12-12-2011, 09:42 PM
That's a terrible trade for the Hornets.

who cares what stern wants? we have all the leverage and now we got billups, stern can go suck it.

shep33
12-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Neil should lessen the deal for stern to sweat it out. we don't NEED him but it would be nice to add him now we got billups and DJ is matched.

i say

Mo+Kaman+AFA+Minny's pick

take it or leave it stern

Haha that deal is far worse than the last one, heck the Lakers/Rockets trade would be better.

I think the Clips shouldn't trade now that they got Billups... makes no sense. Billups I promise you, will not want to be a backup to Cp3 and play like 10-15 mins per game. Clips can have Billups and leave all their young assets... I'm sure they can deal Kaman's expiring somewhere else

shep33
12-12-2011, 09:43 PM
i think we can be like OKC this season.

your right actually

don'tfireNedCo
12-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Haha that deal is far worse than the last one, heck the Lakers/Rockets trade would be better.

I think the Clips shouldn't trade now that they got Billups... makes no sense. Billups I promise you, will not want to be a backup to Cp3 and play like 10-15 mins per game. Clips can have Billups and leave all their young assets... I'm sure they can deal Kaman's expiring somewhere else

i can see spurs/mavericks wanting to deal for kaman, but not sure what they can give us in return.

airforceones25
12-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Understand this..... the Clippers walked from the deal because they said they are not willing to give up Gordon and the Minny 1st...

The Hornets are contacting the Clippers now with a bigger urge to move Paul.. If they Clippers said no Gordon and Minny pick the 1st time what makes you think they will change their stance 5hrs later and the addition of Billups?.... Of course the offer is going to be less than it was or they will simply say no again. Simple as that!

Sportfan
12-12-2011, 09:47 PM
That's less of an offer than last time, and why would the Clips want Ariza's $21 mill
well if the NBA is the one going to the clippers to make a deal, it's not crazy they would take slightly less.

Avenged
ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix

Can't imagine if the Clippers do close trade for @CP3 that Chauncey Billups will want to be there.

Just an opinion but I seen that being thrown around in here as well.

bholly
Here's the story. It's an update of the earlier ones, so it isn't all new.

There is renewed momentum to push through a trade that would send Chris Paul from the league-owned New Orleans Hornets to the Los Angeles Clippers, according to sources close to the process.

After a seemingly imminent trade routing Paul to the Clippers collapsed earlier Monday, sources told ESPN.com that the league officials negotiating on the Hornets' behalf had aggressively re-engaged the Clippers in talks in hopes of completing a deal as soon as Tuesday.

The talks hit an impasse earlier Monday when the Clippers decided that the league's asking price for the All-Star guard was too high. But Clippers general manager Neil Olshey said Monday that the trade could be revived if some of the parameters change. And a source close to the process told ESPN that league officials also do not see talks with the Clippers as "over."

The NBA remains "hopeful," according to the source, that Paul's fate can resolved "soon." One source went so far as to say that a deal could be in place by Tuesday, so determined are the league officials running the Hornets to finally bring an end to this saga after NBA commissioner David Stern vetoed a three-team trade Thursday that would have landed Paul with the Los Angeles Lakers.

"Everything's over until it's reborn again," Olshey said. "I'm not going to drag this out. New Orleans made a fair offer on their end. We didn't think it was something we wanted to pursue at this point and we move on. I met with the team and (coach) Vinny (Del Negro) this morning. We love these guys and it took us three years to get in this position. We've been waiting on draft picks that are coming to fruition. Our players are developing, our young guys keep getting better, we added a key free agent (Caron Butler).

"This model is a model for sustainable success and that's been our goal."

At the NBA's direction, sources said, New Orleans was insisting upon the inclusion of both Eric Gordon and Minnesota's unprotected 2012 first-round draft choice in addition to former All-Star center Chris Kaman and prospects Al-Farouq Aminu and Eric Bledsoe.

The Clippers found the demands "too steep," according to one source close to the process, even after Paul told the Clippers he would invoke the 2012-13 option in his contract as part of the trade, ensuring that L.A. would have him next to Blake Griffin for at least two seasons.

Del Negro said some parts of the Paul deal didn't make sense for the Clippers.

"It's over," he said. "Our decision is final right now. Things always have the ability to change, but as of right now I feel very confident in the direction we're going. I think guys are feeling good about where we are right now."

If the deal isn't revisited, the Clippers could try to sign Gordon to an extension and pursue other moves to build around Griffin.

The Clippers took a step in that direction Monday, unexpectedly claiming Chauncey Billups off waivers.

The league's 30 teams were notified shortly after 6 p.m. ET on Monday that the Clippers had lodged the winning waiver bid for Billups, who was released Friday by the New York Knicks through the amnesty clause in the NBA's new labor agreement.

One source with knowledge of the deal said the Clippers' winning bid to land Billups in the waiver auction was just over $2 million, meaning that the Knicks will still have to pay out the remaining balance of nearly $12 million from Billups' $14.2 million salary this season.

The Clippers also matched the four-year, $43 million offer sheet restricted free agent center DeAndre Jordan signed with the Golden State Warriors on Sunday afternoon, Jordan's agent Greg Lawrence told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne.

Jordan, 23, averaged 7.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.8 blocks last season. Although they are paying a high price, retaining Jordan was considered a key for the Clippers long-term strategy because of his relationship with Griffin.

On Thursday, NBA commissioner David Stern vetoed a three-team trade agreement struck by the Hornets, Lakers and Houston Rockets to send Paul to the Lakers.

The Lakers ultimately became so frustrated with those talks that they walked away, but one of the principals in the deal, Lamar Odom, was so unhappy that he was traded to the Mavericks anyway.

Del Negro is hoping Clippers players mentioned in talks don't get frustrated.

"We're always looking to make our team better," he said. "The players know that. In this particular situation, there's been so much attention, but we've moved on. We had a good practice this morning. Guys were upbeat. They'll come back tonight and practice again. We're just trying to stay on point and grow every day. It's just part of the league."

After practice Monday, Hornets coach Monty Williams sought to emphasize patience and perspective while entertaining yet another round of questions concerning his team's roster uncertainty.

"There has been a bit of a distraction," Williams began, but added, "I still get to coach. I'm blessed to be able to coach. I've always lived by the Bible verse, 'Do your work as unto God and not unto men.' And for me, it makes it easy.

"Would I love to have some things in order? Absolutely, but it's not the case," Williams continued. "And when you're a head coach, when you're a father, when you're a husband, you have to deal in reality and I have to devote myself to the people that are here right now."

The Hornets have made no significant free-agent acquisitions, and Hornets guard Jarrett Jack suggested that New Orleans may have trouble luring established free agents until Paul's status is more certain.

"We can't go sign a big-time free agent at the moment because we may be getting four, five players (in a trade for Paul) and who knows what their salaries may command," Jack said. "You've just got to be patient. I know everybody would like to have it over, get some closure to the situation, but if it was that easy it would have been done. Obviously, these things take time and we're willing to wait, hopefully not too long."

The Hornets had hoped to bring back several of their own free agents, including forward David West, but West agreed Sunday to terms with Indiana, a move that Williams described as "a blow" for New Orleans.

"There's no situation on the floor that he was afraid of. He's probably one of the toughest guys I've ever met," Williams said. "He'll be a great mentor to those young guys (in Indiana) and I'm going to miss him. You don't lose guys like David and just say, 'Oh well.' "

West said the league's ownership involvement is a huge obstacle for the club.

"There just really is no direction with no legitimate owner, so that just makes it tough," West said. "It really made it tough for me to see myself going back there."

He said it also makes it tough for other free agents to want to come to New Orleans.

West suspects Paul wants out not only for that reason, but also because of "a series of events that transpired after (the 2007-08 season) sent Chris and myself into a different mindset in terms of what we really could get in New Orleans."

West said he and Paul thought the club was headed in the right direction when it fell one victory shy of the 2008 Western Conference finals. But West said that changed when then-general manager Jeff Bower "gave a cold shoulder" to Jannero Pargo in free agency.

The Hornets chose not to re-sign the backup point guard, who had been Paul's best friend on the team, "and didn't consult Chris about anything," West said.

West added that, before the hiring of general manager Dell Demps and Williams, Hornets upper management did not talk to him or Paul about any major moves, such as the 2009 trade of center Tyson Chandler. Chandler was first shipped to Oklahoma City, but that trade was rescinded. The Hornets later dealt Chandler to Charlotte for Emeka Okafor.

"It's nothing against Emeka, but from our perspective, being teammates with Tyson and knowing the type of impact he had on both of our careers at that particular time, I just felt like at that moment, things, in terms of the trust, the direction we were going, started to wane a bit," West said. "When you have a franchise guy like Chris, build a team around him, I'm under the impression that you've got to keep your franchise guy happy."

West said Demps and Williams constantly consulted him and Paul, and that he holds the current coach and general manager in high regard. But for him -- and possibly Paul -- it was too little, too late. West said he and Paul both struggled to envision a fruitful long-term future in New Orleans while the Hornets lacked not only a permanent owner, but one who had a proven commitment to winning.

"Ultimately, I think (Demps and Williams) got the bad luck of the draw because things were already sort of soured," West said of his and Paul's feelings before last season. "And it was just that idea of trying to build a relationship of trust in such a short period of time."

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine. Marc Stein is a senior writer for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Better-Than-You
12-12-2011, 09:48 PM
who cares what stern wants? we have all the leverage and now we got billups, stern can go suck it.

ugh a lot of people including the clippers organization. What a stupid statement

Geargo Wallace
12-12-2011, 09:48 PM
This CP3 trade talk reminds me of the lockout.

shep33
12-12-2011, 09:50 PM
i can see spurs/mavericks wanting to deal for kaman, but not sure what they can give us in return.

I agree, Kaman is a nice expiring. With Billups though I'm missing the logic with the Clippers. Amnesty Moe, start Billups and rotate with Bledsoe.

Why would the Clips gut their team and future for maybe only 2 years of CP3? I just don't get it. Use the assets to build a complete team and have them grow, not for Cp3 who had his worst season last year, and does have a history of knee issues.

Better-Than-You
12-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Understand this..... the Clippers walked from the deal because they said they are not willing to give up Gordon and the Minny 1st...

The Hornets are contacting the Clippers now with a bigger urge to move Paul.. If they Clippers said no Gordon and Minny pick the 1st time what makes you think they will change their stance 5hrs later and the addition of Billups?.... Of course the offer is going to be less than it was or they will simply say no again. Simple as that!

so they will accept a worse deal? This is Stern who are we talking about; he rather let CP3 walk empty handed than accepting defeat.

don'tfireNedCo
12-12-2011, 09:51 PM
ugh a lot of people including the clippers organization. What a stupid statement

haha have your say, we are not giving up EJ for CP3. stern can either take the lesser deal tomorrow and be happy with kaman+AFA+minny's pick and maybe bledsoe. no way EJ is included in anything.

Mr.Wiskers
12-12-2011, 09:52 PM
I could actually see that deal being approved, if we took Okafor instead of Ariza. Hornets want to dump salary.

don'tfireNedCo
12-12-2011, 09:52 PM
I agree, Kaman is a nice expiring. With Billups though I'm missing the logic with the Clippers. Amnesty Moe, start Billups and rotate with Bledsoe.

Why would the Clips gut their team and future for maybe only 2 years of CP3? I just don't get it. Use the assets to build a complete team and have them grow, not for Cp3 who has his worst season last year, and does have a history of knee issues.

i don't think we are planning to amnesty Mo. we are not suffering for cap too much as is anyway.

so they will accept a worse deal? This is Stern who are we talking about; he rather let CP3 walk empty handed than accepting defeat.

Niel Olshey has already ended the talk once. it is not the clippers trying to resume the talk, it is stern. so he can go shove it. we won't be gutting our team for CP3 especially now we have a log jam at PG already with Mo and Billups. let stern be the tough guy and not sulk in defeat. CP3 walking is better for us anyway, kaman+mo+billups are all expirings and we can pursue CP3 in free agency

Better-Than-You
12-12-2011, 09:53 PM
haha have your say, we are not giving up EJ for CP3. stern can either take the lesser deal tomorrow and be happy with kaman+AFA+minny's pick and maybe bledsoe. no way EJ is included in anything.

Who is EJ? You're a clippers fan and you don't even know his last name? Wth?

GoatMilk
12-12-2011, 09:55 PM

EJ is his nickname

Eric Gordon Jr.

nolafan33
Any team with CP would be better than a team without him.

Aside from Gordon, the Clips aren't even giving up all that much.

Bledsoe and Aminu are both rookies who didn't play that great last year, Kaman is gone, and the first doesn't really help them since (assuming the pick is high) they would have to really reach for a position of need.

Paul
???
Butler
Griffin
Jordan

That is a ALOT better than whatever they would put on the court without Chris. Imagine Chris feeding Griffin and Jordan, if Griffin could do what he did last year what would he do with the best PG in the world?

looka09
KBergCBS Ken Berger
Re: revival of CP3 talks with Clips, which began earlier today, source says, "The league has no choice. They have nowhere else to go."
1 minute ago

jackiemoon33

Eric Ambrose Gordon, Jr. (born December 25, 1988), nicknamed "EJ", is an American professional basketball player for the Los Angeles Clippers of the NBA.

airforceones25
12-12-2011, 09:56 PM

You obviously aren't a Clippers fans because if you were you would know that Eric Gordon prefers to be called EJ (Eric Jr.) over EG...

shep33
12-12-2011, 09:56 PM

Bledsoe and Aminu are both rookies who didn't play that great last year, Kaman is gone, and the first doesn't really help them since (assuming the pick is high) they would have to really reach for a position of need.

I would agree as long as he signs the extension, and a long term extension by that. The Clippers will have 0 assets after this deal, and Billups will not want to backup Cp3... don't get what's going on

Better-Than-You
12-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Eric Ambrose Gordon, Jr. (born December 25, 1988), nicknamed "EJ", is an American professional basketball player for the Los Angeles Clippers of the NBA.

my bad.

Aust
12-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Just heard the new offer from the Clippers. ITS WORSE THAN THE FIRST ONE. wtf??
Is the league suddenly desperate? If so, Mitch better get on the phone ASAP

ChiSoxJuan
12-12-2011, 09:58 PM
I think you are looking at this wrong. If they complete the trade for CP3, Billups is more inclined to extend. The new CBA rules allow teams to basically extend to 4 yrs within a yr's time. In otherwords, CP3 signs the 2 yr extension now, & sometime in Aug or Sep the Clippers can offer him another 2 yr extension. Add it all up then & the Clippers are basically trading for 5 yrs of CP3 incl this one. I think the odds are good then that they extend Billups as well for another 2 yrs. That gives them probably the best PG depth in the West. With Billups they now have more backcourt assets to offer Stern.

Better-Than-You
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM
KBergCBS Ken Berger
Re: revival of CP3 talks with Clips, which began earlier today, source says, "The league has no choice. They have nowhere else to go."
1 minute ago

Lakers and Mitch say Hi.

sixer04fan
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM

Maybe you didn't notice his sarcasm? He said Jesus Christ is no Tim Tebow... Sarcastically implying that Tebow > JC...

nolafan33
12-12-2011, 10:00 PM
I would agree as long as he signs the extension, and a long term extension by that. The Clippers will have 0 assets after this deal, and Billups will not want to backup Cp3... don't get what's going on

I believe he would end up signing the extension.

shep33
12-12-2011, 10:00 PM
I think you are looking at this wrong. If they complete the trade for CP3, Billups is more inclined to extend. The new CBA rules allow teams to basically extend to 4 yrs within a yr's time. In otherwords, CP3 signs the 2 yr extension now, & sometime in Aug or Sep the Clippers can offer him another 2 yr extension. Add it all up then & the Clippers are basically trading for 5 yrs of CP3 incl this one. I think the odds are good then that they extend Billups as well for another 2 yrs. That gives them probably the best PG depth in the West. With Billups they now have more backcourt assets to offer Stern.

Billups will not backup CP3, I'm pretty sure about that.

Better-Than-You
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM

I think they are implying that CP3 won't play for more than 2 years; ideally they would want an extension immediately just in case CP3 changes his mind and go elsewhere. Who would want to play for Donald Sterling; he doesn't even pay for his assistant coach's surgery and the PLAYERS had to help him.

shep33
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Lakers and Mitch say Hi.

If I'm the Lakers, I stay away from CP3 at this point. He had his worst statistical season last year, and the issues with the knee have to stay in your mind when signing him to a max.

Sportfan
12-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Lakers and Mitch say Hi.
Boston and Ainge say hi as well

Chronz
12-12-2011, 10:03 PM
For the record, I dont give 2 ****s if EG likes to be called EJ, there is no JR in the NBA so I will always refer to him as EG for short. Im not one of his buddies

Avenged
12-12-2011, 10:04 PM
If they don't give up Gordon............ ROBBERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I applaud the Clippers for busting what the Lakers do. ;)

shep33
12-12-2011, 10:06 PM
For the record, I dont give 2 ****s if EG likes to be called EJ, there is no JR in the NBA so I will always refer to him as EG for short. Im not one of his buddies

haha me too, I'm so sick of people calling him EJ, as if they are his friends

Chronz

Why would the Clips gut their team and future for maybe only 2 years of CP3? I just don't get it. Use the assets to build a complete team and have them grow, not for Cp3 who had his worst season last year, and does have a history of knee issues.
Why would we amnesty anyone?

ChiSoxJuan
Billups will not backup CP3, I'm pretty sure about that.
You're looking at Billups strictly as a PG, but he can get mins as a SG as well. If A Griffin-CP3 Clip team rises to a 3rd seed in the West, I think Billups would accept that role. He is a gifted spot up shooter as well as a versatile PG. As he ages he is going to better suited for the spot up shooter role.

Chronz
12-12-2011, 10:07 PM

Paul
???
Butler
Griffin
Jordan

That is a ALOT better than whatever they would put on the court without Chris. Imagine Chris feeding Griffin and Jordan, if Griffin could do what he did last year what would he do with the best PG in the world?
Your so lost

Better-Than-You
12-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Why would we amnesty anyone?

Because your owner is Donald Sterling and if he saves 100k from by allowing Kaman to go another team he would...

nolafan33
12-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Your so lost

Lol how?

Chronz
12-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Because your owner is Donald Sterling and if he saves 100k from by allowing Kaman to go another team he would...

Maybe 10-15 years ago but in case you didnt notice, he was just the top bidder for a player who threatened to retire if claimed. Hes been spending money for awhile now.

You dont get as rich as he is without being a smart business man, there is no benefit for him to pay 99% of a players salary to go play for another team.

So can anyone come up with a legit reason.

Chronz
12-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Interesting for sure, I might do it

shep33
12-12-2011, 10:17 PM
You're looking at Billups strictly as a PG, but he can get mins as a SG as well. If A Griffin-CP3 Clip team rises to a 3rd seed in the West, I think Billups would accept that role. He is a gifted spot up shooter as well as a versatile PG. As he ages he is going to better suited for the spot up shooter role.

He won't play the 2, he's not gonna guard Kobe, Dwade, etc all game.

tcav701
12-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Chauncey is making 14M this year.

He will do what hes told.

ChiSoxJuan
12-12-2011, 10:23 PM
No one said he would. How many mins do you actually expect from a vet approaching the over 36 line any way? I'm figure 15-20 mpg on avg. That seems in line for a backcourt player of that age. That's just enough to rest Paul at the end of the 1st, beginning of the 2nd, end of the 3rd, beginning of the 4th, & then get the rest of his min's in short stretches at the 2. Paul is no spring chicken himself. You're probably looking at Wade like min's at best from him. Probably less since he's had worse knee problems.

Chronz
12-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Lol how?
Because of this;

and the first doesn't really help them since (assuming the pick is high) they would have to really reach for a position of need.
That first is golden right now

nolafan33
12-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Because of this;

That first is golden right now

So what, your going to pick Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis and let them backup Griffin until they leave LA? :facepalm:

That first round pick is far from being a guarantee, I would personally be happy with just Gordon but if that pick is what is holding up the Clip from letting the best PG in the NBA throw alleys to Griffin and Jordan then that is a failure on the Clippers part.

Chronz
12-12-2011, 10:31 PM
He won't play the 2, he's not gonna guard Kobe, Dwade, etc all game.
Lots of teams get away with 2 PG's at the same time, they will share the court together plenty if Billups doesnt ***** his way out.

At least for the regular season, in the playoffs they will see less action together.

Chronz
12-12-2011, 10:34 PM
So what, your going to pick Andre Drummond or Anthony Davis and let them backup Griffin until they leave LA? :facepalm:
What do you mean? I was only talking about the value of the pick, and there are plenty of options out there that dont play Blakes position.

Even so, say we have no choice but to draft a player that plays Blakes position, we could flip him then. Trade chips always matter broski

Avenged
12-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Lots of teams get away with 2 PG's at the same time, they will share the court together plenty if Billups doesnt ***** his way out.

At least for the regular season, in the playoffs they will see less action together.

How does it feel to actually be talking playoffs about your team? :p

If CP3 gets traded anywhere I would want it to be LAC (if not LAL but that isn't happening). It's just irking that Gordon might not be involved, when we had a solid 3 team deal ourselves. You guys would most probably be better than the Lakers if you don't give up Gordon (which is the only thing I hate about this) but it would be really exciting to finally have a legitimate rivalry with you guys.

ChiSoxJuan
12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Do you realize that Kobe's & Wade's mins will be coming down as well? When you are looking at potential matchups of Billups as a 2 for the Clips consider the ages of the guys he'd be facing as well. I may be wrong but I don't see good young star SG talent in the West right now. That seems to be flowing to the East. I see aging SG star talent mostly in the West.

ChiSoxJuan
12-12-2011, 10:41 PM
If LAC agree to add another pick giving Stern 2 LAC picks & the Minny pick, he should agree to drop Gordon from the deal. This idea that he should only be concerned with NO is dumb. As commisioner he should be looking at the viability of both teams. The LAL can afford to drop down to a 4-5 seed for a few yrs after negotiating that $4-5B/20-25 yr deal with TWC. Stern should be happy that the LAC can rise to a 2-3 seed so that they can position themselves to get a nice deal from TWC as well.

Chronz
12-12-2011, 10:44 PM

If CP3 gets traded anywhere I would want it to be LAC (if not LAL but that isn't happening). It's just irking that Gordon might not be involved, when we had a solid 3 team deal ourselves. You guys would most probably be better than the Lakers if you don't give up Gordon (which is the only thing I hate about this) but it would be really exciting to finally have a legitimate rivalry with you guys.
Well if you guys could have just closed out PHX we could have had that Freeway series

nolafan33
12-12-2011, 10:45 PM
If LAC agree to add another pick giving Stern 2 LAC picks & the Minny pick, he should agree to drop Gordon from the deal. This idea that he should only be concerned with NO is dumb. As commisioner he should be looking at the viability of both teams. The LAL can afford to drop down to a 4-5 seed for a few yrs after negotiating that $4-5B/20-25 yr deal with TWC. Stern should be happy that the LAC can rise to a 2-3 seed so that they can position themselves to get a nice deal from TWC as well.

LAC may as well include Gordon because they won't be able to afford Paul, Gordon, Griffin, AND Jordan.

bholly
12-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Well if you guys could have just closed out PHX we could have had that Freeway series

:speechless:

FlashMacker
12-12-2011, 10:49 PM

Yeah me too. I would love watching him and Blake Griffin play together.

jraygoza
12-12-2011, 10:54 PM
i think this is perfect! the Clippers pull out and the Hornets are the ones to come back NOW there is more leverage and can take Gordon outta the equation

Sportfan
12-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Clippers only have MIN pick this year, their own pick goes to Celtics. Plus you can't trade back to back firsts

ChiSoxJuan
12-12-2011, 11:02 PM
Clippers only have MIN pick this year, their own pick goes to Celtics. Plus you can't trade back to back firsts Well that's a stupid rule. If that rule existed in the NFL the Bears never would've gotten Cutler from Denver.

ne3xchamps
12-12-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't care what any of these ****ing dopes say. I won't believe ****, until something actually happens. this is actually pissing me off more then the melo drama.

knicks=love
12-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Clippers only have MIN pick this year, their own pick goes to Celtics. Plus you can't trade back to back firsts

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure that's only for YOUR picks. the pick they have is MIN's, so i'm sure they could trade it.

Bruno
12-12-2011, 11:08 PM

lets not get into that. blame tim thomas.:facepalm:

seriously though Chronz, who wins that second round serious between LAL and LAC?

what do you think bholly?

bholly
12-12-2011, 11:09 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure that's only for YOUR picks. the pick they have is MIN's, so i'm sure they could trade it.

It's that you can't be in a situation where you might not have a first round pick in two future years - it doesn't matter whose you have or whose you trade.

If they trade the Minny pick, and they've already traded their own 2012, then if they trade their 2013 they have no first round picks in 2012 or 2013, which violates the rule.

I think the only way they can add one of their own picks is by doing the 'first available draft' thing.

ChiSoxJuan
12-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Do you have a source for that rule, because I'm certain Den at one time asked for the Bulls 1st, Char 1st, & a Bulls future 1st in any trade for Melo? I didn't hear anything about including 1st rd picks in a trade changing in this CBA.

Punk
12-12-2011, 11:14 PM
I wonder if Paul would accept a trade to a team like Minnesota? He'd be teaming with Love and Wes Johnson and Ariza (if included) could be a great defensive wing combo.

I can't see Stern vetoing a deal from the Wolves since they have a large amount of talent to choose from.

bholly
12-12-2011, 11:17 PM

seriously though Chronz, who wins that second round serious between LAL and LAC?

Man, I honestly don't know. Have to imagine it would've been really close, though.

airforceones25
12-12-2011, 11:17 PM
I wonder if Paul would accept a trade to a team like Minnesota? He'd be teaming with Love and Wes Johnson and Ariza (if included) could be a great defensive wing combo.

I can't see Stern vetoing a deal from the Wolves since they have a large amount of talent to choose from.

Would never happen... Minnesota might as well be Siberia to CP3.

Hellcrooner
12-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Enough.

Dodgers99
12-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Would never happen... Minnesota might as well be Siberia to CP3.

I don't know if its so much that, but rather the asking price would be insane. Something like Rubio, D. Williams, Beasley and Wes Johnson.

nolafan33
12-12-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm at the point now where I believe the Clippers HAVE to include Gordon and the pick. Think about it, Sterling is a cheap owner. Always has been, always will be. You don't just start spending money. SO, how do the Clippers pay Chris Paul, Eric Gordon, Blake Griffin, and DeAndre Jordan?

We already saw what type of organization are when the Clippers tried to lowball DeAndre Jordan, they offered him 8M a year and he hit the market and got 11M. That gives you a idea of what type of owner the Hornets and league are dealing with.

It is simply not logical to think the Clippers will pay all of those guys. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin will likely get near max deals, 16.5M+ annually. Gordon will get ATLEAST 12M+ annually, but I think more in the open market. I'd say 14M or so. Then as already mentioned 11M for Jordan. That is 58M of the 58M cap on just FOUR players.

Keeping Gordon in the deal just isn't logical, a cheap owner isn't going to suddenly start making it rain.

arlubas
12-13-2011, 12:21 AM
We already saw what type of organization are when the Clippers tried to lowball DeAndre Jordan, they offered him 8M a year and he hit the market and got 11M. That gives you a idea of what type of owner the Hornets and league are dealing with.
We didn't lowball him, his real value is of that caliber. It's not our fault the Warriors decided to overpay him.

airforceones25
12-13-2011, 12:25 AM

:facepalm:

Lowballed him? hahahahaha..... He's ****ing overpaid now!

ClippersE.G
12-13-2011, 12:28 AM
AFter reading some of these responses...the optimism is ok...but I need to watch the first 5 games of the season and then I willl be able to tell if anything is going to change around here or if it will be the same ole Clippers

nolafan33
12-13-2011, 12:28 AM
We didn't lowball him, his real value is of that caliber. It's not our fault the Warriors decided to overpay him.

That's not how the NBA operates anymore.

What is a guys real value?

Ok now add a few million onto that.

8M might be closer to his value than 11M, but everyone knows to get or keep good players you have to overpay. The Clippers lowballed him by giving him 8M annually.

airforceones25
12-13-2011, 12:42 AM
That's not how the NBA operates anymore.

What is a guys real value?

Ok now add a few million onto that.

8M might be closer to his value than 11M, but everyone knows to get or keep good players you have to overpay. The Clippers lowballed him by giving him 8M annually.

wait so by good players you mean the kind that average 7pts 7reb a game. atrocious free throw shooter and someone who is consistently in foul trouble?

he has proven zero in the league besides being a best friend to blake.. you are crazy if you think he's worth the money we paid... am i glad we have him? absolutely!... but it's pretty apparent you are in the minority thinking we lowballed him. LOL

wait change that you are the only one who thinks he was lowballed.:laugh:

Teeboy1487
12-13-2011, 12:44 AM
I wanted to see that series so badly. I still do to this day would be very interested in seeing the Clips and Lakers in a playoff series. I actually hope you guys keep Gordon and still get CP3. CP3, Blake, Gordon :speechless:.

nolafan33
12-13-2011, 12:53 AM
wait so by good players you mean the kind that average 7pts 7reb a game. atrocious free throw shooter and someone who is consistently in foul trouble?

he has proven zero in the league besides being a best friend to blake.. you are crazy if you think he's worth the money we paid... am i glad we have him? absolutely!... but it's pretty apparent you are in the minority thinking we lowballed him. LOL

wait change that you are the only one who thinks he was lowballed.:laugh:

Come on man, didn't I say in my previous post that 8M was closer to what he is worth than 11M? Do you have any ability to read? :facepalm:

Chronz
12-13-2011, 01:06 AM

I cant go against the Clips bro

What do you think of the matchups

Can Odom check Brand? I doubt it, not that year

Kwame vs Kaman ?

We atleast have Ross (who locked down Melo that year)/Mobley to throw at Kobe. Sam Cassell was awesome that year too.

The only thing that worried me about playing you guys was that we would probably lose HCA, even worse, we may not get to play a Home game at all that series.

airforceones25
12-13-2011, 01:09 AM
Come on man, didn't I say in my previous post that 8M was closer to what he is worth than 11M? Do you have any ability to read? :facepalm:

Do you have the ability to compute what your mind thinks and hands type?...

If you suggest his value is close to 8 million, this suggest the Clippers did not lowball him... Which is why you sound ridiculous in the first place. He is simply overpaid now. Clippers didn't lowball Jordan. Jordan took advantage of the Clippers by signing an offer sheet leveraging them to overpay.

Chronz
12-13-2011, 01:12 AM
I'm at the point now where I believe the Clippers HAVE to include Gordon and the pick. Think about it, Sterling is a cheap owner. Always has been, always will be. You don't just start spending money.
You can believe that if you wish but hes changed. He wants a lasting legacy before he croaks, and hes been spending alot to win. The days of us letting FA go for no reason are over.

SO, how do the Clippers pay Chris Paul, Eric Gordon, Blake Griffin, and DeAndre Jordan?

It means hes a shrewd business man, thats all.

It is simply not logical to think the Clippers will pay all of those guys. Chris Paul and Blake Griffin will likely get near max deals, 16.5M+ annually. Gordon will get ATLEAST 12M+ annually, but I think more in the open market. I'd say 14M or so. Then as already mentioned 11M for Jordan. That is 58M of the 58M cap on just FOUR players.

So your saying we should just sit on our cap space, lol we dont have to worry about an extension for Blake for another 2 years. At which point if we have to cut salary we can easily find takers for a player of Gordons caliber.

I dont think it will come to that but your complaints arent even relevant yet.

Keeping Gordon in the deal just isn't logical, a cheap owner isn't going to suddenly start making it rain.
Still clueless I see

Chronz
12-13-2011, 01:21 AM
Yes

Hes a good player, his stats are much stronger than your per game averages dictate

shep33
12-13-2011, 01:35 AM
This, like the Lakers 2nd time around, is taking way too long

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 01:40 AM
AFter reading some of these responses...the optimism is ok...but I need to watch the first 5 games of the season and then I willl be able to tell if anything is going to change around here or if it will be the same ole Clippers

and you try to say you are a clipper fan? :facepalm: 5 games in a short season with turbulent offseason doesn't tell you anything, whether we win 5 in a row or lose 5 in a row. a true diehard clipperfan will have faith, just believe, and cheer for our team regardless of success or failure. only bandwagoners want to "measure" the success before committing 100%. i have a bad taste for bandwagoners more than laker homers.

please child, go put back your purple and piss jerseys and stop pretending to be one of us. better yet, go to bed. isn't it pass your bedtime? i hear my daughter and son brushing their teeth.

Cracka2HI!
12-13-2011, 01:54 AM
LOL Ned! You're the best man!! I can't wait to see how you deal with the bandwagoners!

I stand the same way I have always had on the CP3 deal. I'll give up just about anything but Griffin and Gordon. And now Jordon obviously. I would offer Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu, Minny pick, future 1st for Paul. I'd be willing to include Mo Williams and Ariza if NO thinks that benefits them. I would want to keep Aminu or Bledsoe if that were the case. New Orleans won't get a better offer anywhere else and Paul will re-sign with the Clippers if they get keep Gordon. Why is Stern holding this up?

airforceones25
12-13-2011, 02:24 AM
I laughed out loud Neddy

Bruno
12-13-2011, 02:50 AM
Man, I honestly don't know. Have to imagine it would've been really close, though.

I cant go against the Clips bro

What do you think of the matchups

Can Odom check Brand? I doubt it, not that year

Kwame vs Kaman ?

We atleast have Ross (who locked down Melo that year)/Mobley to throw at Kobe. Sam Cassell was awesome that year too.

The only thing that worried me about playing you guys was that we would probably lose HCA, even worse, we may not get to play a Home game at all that series.

I think it would have been quite the battle. I think it would come down to Kobe and Brand. I think it'd go seven.

Raph12
12-13-2011, 02:54 AM
I hope this goes through, watching CP3 throw lobs to Blake and DJ will be a sight to see... Hell knowing CP3's courtvision, EG and Aminu better start cutting to the basket as well, he'll find them.

Aust
12-13-2011, 03:15 AM
The fact that the LEAGUE (Hornets) contacted the Clippers, not the other way around, made me realize that the league might actually be desperate to get something done. They might, well... fear the threat of litigation. Are they worried that it'd make things look ugly cuz as far as I'm concerned things already look ugly.

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 03:43 AM
as long as gordon is not involved, ill be okay with it. we already have Mo and Chauncey at the point, and with the roster as is we really have no weakness and an incredible depth.

Billups---Mo---Bledsoe
EJ-------Foye--Warren
Caron--Gomes-Leslie
Griffin-Thompkins-AFA
DJ------Kaman---Cook

just check out the 2nd unit team, Mo and Kaman leading the charge and even the 3rd team isn't too shabby. we have no glaring hole, no weak link with this roster.

if CP3 trade happens and guts our roster, we are gonna have a logjam at PG, no starter in SG, and no depth in C position. If CP3 and/or Griffin gets hurt during 66 game season in 120 days, we are royally ****ed.

ClippersE.G
12-13-2011, 04:05 AM
and you try to say you are a clipper fan? :facepalm: 5 games in a short season with turbulent offseason doesn't tell you anything, whether we win 5 in a row or lose 5 in a row. a true diehard clipperfan will have faith, just believe, and cheer for our team regardless of success or failure. only bandwagoners want to "measure" the success before committing 100%. i have a bad taste for bandwagoners more than laker homers.

please child, go put back your purple and piss jerseys and stop pretending to be one of us. better yet, go to bed. isn't it pass your bedtime? i hear my daughter and son brushing their teeth.

Stop being so insecure in trying to prove to everyone you are a Clippers fan. You dont even deserve a rebuttal.

(Damn I accidentally deleted what I had originally put. It just said that you should type what you put and think "Damn did I actually type this. Look at me, please, look.")

ClippersE.G
12-13-2011, 04:06 AM
And we get it, you are a Clippers fan, you want a cookie? Dont try to call everyone a bandwagoner because they are realists and have only been registered to this website a couple months. Grow up really.. jesus christ. I would give you my Clip Buzz nick but for what? What do I have to prove to you? Just look at your responses man it makes me sad that another human being can post things like that...

sunsfan88
12-13-2011, 04:13 AM
If CP3 goes to LA, can the Clippers afford to sign Girffin,Paul, and Gordon to max deals after they just crazy overpaid Jordan?

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 04:13 AM
Last thing Clippers fan base needs is people acting like elitist pricks and judging each others loyalty to the team. Unless you want to become the Lakers fan base many of you hate.... calm down. The true fans always shine and the bandwagoners always get exposed over time. No need to point fingers now.

Better-Than-You
12-13-2011, 04:15 AM
If CP3 goes to LA, can the Clippers afford to sign Girffin,Paul, and Gordon to max deals after they just crazy overpaid Jordan?

Eric Gordon isn't a maxed contract player....; Griffin won't get a payday anytime soon. However money shouldn't be an issue because they will get a TV deal if they do get CP3; unless Sterling decides he wants to keep the money...

Clippersfan86
12-13-2011, 04:15 AM

Let's see.... DJ=10 mill.... Griffin and Gordon will likely start around 13 mill each in first year. CP3 will start around 16 mill I believe or so next deal. That puts the Clippers at 52 mill of the 58 million dollar cap which I believe is supposed to rise to 60+ in 2 years. So yes... the Clippers can afford all 4 on extended deals and still have room to fill in bench.

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 04:24 AM
just say no to CP3. his knee is close to brandon roy's. it is not CP3 lottery, it is CP3 russian roulette.

http://www.celticslife.com/2011/12/chris-paul-knee-issue.html

iggypop123
12-13-2011, 04:31 AM
can OP udpate. Woj says the deal remains dead for now. clips really dont want to pay the price

sunsfan88
12-13-2011, 04:33 AM
Eric Gordon isn't a maxed contract player....; Griffin won't get a payday anytime soon. However money shouldn't be an issue because they will get a TV deal if they do get CP3; unless Sterling decides he wants to keep the money...

If Gordon doesnt get max money from LA, then we'll pay him that...we'll even have room for one more max player AFTER getting Gordon.

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 04:43 AM
And we get it, you are a Clippers fan, you want a cookie? Dont try to call everyone a bandwagoner because they are realists and have only been registered to this website a couple months. Grow up really.. jesus christ. I would give you my Clip Buzz nick but for what? What do I have to prove to you? Just look at your responses man it makes me sad that another human being can post things like that...

Last thing Clippers fan base needs is people acting like elitist pricks and judging each others loyalty to the team. Unless you want to become the Lakers fan base many of you hate.... calm down. The true fans always shine and the bandwagoners always get exposed over time. No need to point fingers now.

ha a mod from another site who came in here to recruit wants to side with a guy who never posts in our clipper forum and defends everything that is lakers... you too are match made in heaven. now that i recall, you are a laker fan who moved over to clippers top buzz to mod, right?

RipCity32
12-13-2011, 04:45 AM
No one is going to want to deal with New Orleans now and upset all there proposed traded players when Stern rejects it,Stern needs to get his fat ***** on the phone and offer some trades because now he has New Orleans in a mess.

Better-Than-You
12-13-2011, 04:47 AM
Hornets-Clippers deal for Chris Paul "Dead for now," official says. Latest on blockbuster trade talks. http://tinyurl.com/cd6fdyk

CP3 Get ready to sue :clap:

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 04:48 AM
LOL Ned! You're the best man!! I can't wait to see how you deal with the bandwagoners!

I stand the same way I have always had on the CP3 deal. I'll give up just about anything but Griffin and Gordon. And now Jordon obviously. I would offer Kaman, Bledsoe, Aminu, Minny pick, future 1st for Paul. I'd be willing to include Mo Williams and Ariza if NO thinks that benefits them. I would want to keep Aminu or Bledsoe if that were the case. New Orleans won't get a better offer anywhere else and Paul will re-sign with the Clippers if they get keep Gordon. Why is Stern holding this up?

I laughed out loud Neddy

thanks guys, we all know who our friends are. the clipper family posts together at the clipper forum whether we argue over issues or not.

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 04:54 AM
deal is dead, again!

Adrian Wojnarowski
@WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Y! Sources: Hornets-Clippers deal for Chris Paul "Dead for now," official says. Latest on blockbuster trade talks. http://tinyurl.com/cd6fdyk
23 minutes ago via web

:phew: EJ is safe with us.

Better-Than-You
12-13-2011, 04:56 AM
thanks guys, we all know who our friends are. the clipper family posts together at the clipper forum whether we argue over issues or not.

All 3 of them :laugh:

shep33
12-13-2011, 04:57 AM
I'm a Laker fan, and in a weird way I'm kinda happy Stern vetoed us, and I'm still half fuming. However, I thought about this for a second...

We were about to give him a max deal, 20 mill per season, after he came off his worst year in the league, plus he still has the history with the knee.

This is a gamble for sure... IMO Clips just got Billups, don't do the Paul trade, no point right now. The Clippers will be just as good as OKC by next year IMO, they'll make the playoffs this year too rather easily.

Clips shouldn't do this straight up, keep your assets, and realize that the future is bright

marj987
12-13-2011, 04:57 AM
How do front offices do this? Do they stay on the phone orrrrr what?

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 04:58 AM
All 3 of them :laugh:

naw it's more like 7. :D

Teeboy1487
12-13-2011, 04:59 AM
Darn, I really wanted to see him on the Clips. This is too crazy. It's time to sue.

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 05:01 AM
I'm a Laker fan, and in a weird way I'm kinda happy Stern vetoed us, and I'm still half fuming. However, I thought about this for a second...

We were about to give him a max deal, 20 mill per season, after he came off his worst year in the league, plus he still has the history with the knee.

This is a gamble for sure... IMO Clips just got Billups, don't do the Paul trade, no point right now. The Clippers will be just as good as OKC by next year IMO, they'll make the playoffs this year too rather easily.

Clips shouldn't do this straight up, keep your assets, and realize that the future is bright

stern is the one who wants to deal, it is our GM Neil the IronBalls Olshey who turned it down, again. and YES we do understand how bright our team's future is, and how shot CP3's knees are. brandon roy v. 2.0 waiting to happen. glad this is done and over, hopefully.

shep33
12-13-2011, 05:05 AM
stern is the one who wants to deal, it is our GM Neil the IronBalls Olshey who turned it down, again. and YES we do understand how bright our team's future is, and how shot CP3's knees are. brandon roy v. 2.0 waiting to happen. glad this is done and over, hopefully.

Yeah, I like you guys with Billups... very good addition. If no deal goes through what happens to Moe?

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 05:08 AM
Yeah, I like you guys with Billups... very good addition. If no deal goes through what happens to Moe?

Mo will become our jason terry, offensive spark plug off the bench. since we are only paying billups 2 mil we can easily afford his 8.5 mil salary to be our 6th man.

in fact i am really hoping we start DJ, Kaman requires touches to be effective and he easily loses focus when he is not the focal point of our offense. we need those low post touches to go to griffin. kaman and Mo together off the bench would be the best bench we've had since.... ever.

Better-Than-You
12-13-2011, 05:10 AM
Say it ain't so. I would actually watch the Clippers because CP3 is just one of those players that you MUST watch. It will be funny when Stern trades CP3 to Cavs.

shep33
12-13-2011, 05:11 AM
The Clippers' trade talks for Chris Paul died again late on Monday, according to a source.

When given permission to speak with Paul, the point guard expressed excitement to the Clippers about playing with Eric Gordon and the potential of having a high first round pick from the Wolves, say sources.

The Clippers are concerned that surrendering both of those assets would compromise their ability to retain Paul in the long-term.

The Hornets and Clippers have held discussions that are built around Chris Kaman, Eric Bledsoe, Al-Farouq Aminu, along with Gordon and the 2012 pick from Minnesota.

Sources say the Clippers are resisting giving up Gordon and that management has promised they won't include him in any deal for Paul. If he is retained, the team is hoping to sign him to a long-term extension.

Further complicating the situation is that many people around the league are skeptical of the NBA's true intentions on whether they actually want to trade Paul. The concern is that the NBA may be trying to protect themselves against legal liability by publicly attempting to trade Paul after they vetoed a deal last week involving the Lakers

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/217447/Clippers_Again_Back_Away_From_Chris_Paul_Trade_Tal ks#ixzz1gP7Snnms

shep33
12-13-2011, 05:12 AM
Clips should just stop talking to them.

Better-Than-You
12-13-2011, 05:13 AM
Chris Kaman, Eric Bledsoe, Al-Farouq Aminu, along with Gordon and the 2012 pick from Minnesota. Is that all Stern wants? I'm surprised he didn't ask for Blake Griffin.

shep33
12-13-2011, 05:14 AM
As a Laker fan, I have a feeling Mitch might jump back in on this... although I rather he not.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-13-2011, 05:18 AM
I think Chris Paul should just retire just for his sanity. :pity:

Better-Than-You
12-13-2011, 05:23 AM
As a Laker fan, I have a feeling Mitch might jump back in on this... although I rather he not.

how dare you... He's the best pg in the game. Lakers fans are so spoiled and hypocritical; they worship Bynum although he's injury prone. Yet they don't want the best PG in the game because he had surgery?

shep33
12-13-2011, 05:27 AM
how dare you... He's the best pg in the game. Lakers fans are so spoiled and hypocritical; they worship Bynum although he's injury prone. Yet they don't want the best PG in the game because he had surgery?

He also had his worst year by far last season, people seem to forget that.

Chronz
12-13-2011, 05:33 AM

Bynum doesnt need his knees as badly as CP3 does. Im so over CP3, he could very easily become the next Roy.

shep33
12-13-2011, 05:36 AM
Bynum doesnt need his knees as badly as CP3 does. Im so over CP3, he could very easily become the next Roy.

as a Laker fan, I'm gonna agree with you. This is a scary transaction for the Clips, I would just walk away for good. I'm kinda happy stern turned us down, atleast in a way... we were gonna offer CP3 the max, and really have no pieces to go after Howard. Gonna be interesting...

I say let Cp3 stick it out for another week, cause a ****storm, and go back for a lot less.

KB-Pau-DH2012
12-13-2011, 05:57 AM
Looks like not many posters have picked up on the story that the deal is dead again, although ESPN is not reporting it either.

Wade>You
12-13-2011, 06:46 AM
deal is dead, again!

:phew: EJ is safe with us.Can't wait for CP3 to walk and watch Stern scrape for peanuts as he pulls off an S&T at the last moment.

jrm2054
12-13-2011, 09:46 AM
This will never end

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Y! Sources: Hornets-Clippers deal for Chris Paul "Dead for now," official says.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Why is everyone going so awol on this?

Everything that's happened with the CP3 drama happens more than you really expect. Teams always demand more than they know they'll get. Owners stop trades all the time. Teams say that they are 'moving on' all the time. Owners and management disagree on direction all the time. There's usually this much publicity with a superstar trade.

I don't get why everyone is so emotional with this stuff. I'm seeing people suck on CP3's dick because they thought he would be traded there only to say something like 'we don't need him' because Stern rejected the deal and hurt all your feelings.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Y! Sources: Hornets-Clippers deal for Chris Paul "Dead for now," official says.

Please. I doubt anyone actually believes this. And if they do, they are idiots.

Deals go "dead" all the time when there's a disagreement only to go back.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-13-2011, 09:55 AM
Please. I doubt anyone actually believes this. And if they do, they are idiots.

Deals go "dead" all the time when there's a disagreement only to go back.

they have billups

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 09:57 AM
they have billups

What does that show? Is it not possible to have Billups and Paul on the same team?

If the Hornets wen to the Clippers and eased their demand on the picks, do the Clippers say no because they have Billups?

Because if they do, they are dumb *****.

venom518
12-13-2011, 10:00 AM

Everything that's happened with the CP3 drama happens more than you really expect. Teams always demand more than they know they'll get. Owners stop trades all the time. Teams say that they are 'moving on' all the time. Owners and management disagree on direction all the time. There's usually this much publicity with a superstar trade.

I don't get why everyone is so emotional with this stuff. I'm seeing people suck on CP3's dick because they thought he would be traded there only to say something like 'we don't need him' because Stern rejected the deal and hurt all your feelings.

Your right this does happen quite often. The problem is this time the NBA own the hornets and they are the ones doing the negotiations.

Theyhateme459
12-13-2011, 10:00 AM
The Clippers' trade talks for Chris Paul died again late on Monday, according to a source.

When given permission to speak with Paul, the point guard expressed excitement to the Clippers about playing with Eric Gordon and the potential of having a high first round pick from the Wolves, say sources.

The Clippers are concerned that surrendering both of those assets would compromise their ability to retain Paul in the long-term.

The Hornets and Clippers have held discussions that are built around Chris Kaman, Eric Bledsoe, Al-Farouq Aminu, along with Gordon and the 2012 pick from Minnesota.

Sources say the Clippers are resisting giving up Gordon and that management has promised they won't include him in any deal for Paul. If he is retained, the team is hoping to sign him to a long-term extension.

Further complicating the situation is that many people around the league are skeptical of the NBA's true intentions on whether they actually want to trade Paul. The concern is that the NBA may be trying to protect themselves against legal liability by publicly attempting to trade Paul after they vetoed a deal last week involving the Lakers

Read more: http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/217447/Clippers_Again_Back_Away_From_Chris_Paul_Trade_Tal ks#ixzz1gP7Snnms

This is exactly why they need to be patient! Wait 7 months and sign him in the off season!!! It's not that hard.... He wants to be there and they should have the means to get him over the LAL and NYN.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Your right this does happen quite often. The problem is this time the NBA own the hornets and they are the ones doing the negotiations.

They bought the Hornets. :shrug: They have every right to do the negotiating.

Everyone's taking shots at Stern. He's trying to set a direction for the team. Only thing you can bag him on is that he's the Commissioner and acting owner at the same time.

But a lot of people on this site are going overboard. Everyone is saying "Stern ****ed up the Hornets" and acting like they are supporting the Hornets. Like you people actually care about the Hornets. :rolleyes: If you really cared about the Hornets, you'd stand behind Stern because he's trying to put them in the best position as he can. And that includes rejecting that shitbox of a LAL-HOU deal.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
12-13-2011, 10:05 AM
What does that show? Is it not possible to have Billups and Paul on the same team?

If the Hornets wen to the Clippers and eased their demand on the picks, do the Clippers say no because they have Billups?

Because if they do, they are dumb *****.

they are not gonna try it like 3rd time lol, its off for good

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 10:09 AM
they are not gonna try it like 3rd time lol, its off for good

Please.

If you were the Clippers, do you really say no to a fair deal because you don't want your ego hurt by going back on your word that the deal is off earlier?

Because if anyone is willing to put their ego over the team, they need to be fired. Then again, this is the NBA, the league where egos collide. So I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped talking because of their ego.

Lakers4life08
12-13-2011, 10:31 AM
If Clips agree Gordon,1 Round wolves their are crazy....

Angelus™
12-13-2011, 02:37 PM
I still think Stern is demanding way too much for the guy. Its insane.

Not sure any team would be willing to give into the demands of this man

don'tfireNedCo
12-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Please.

If you were the Clippers, do you really say no to a fair deal because you don't want your ego hurt by going back on your word that the deal is off earlier?

Because if anyone is willing to put their ego over the team, they need to be fired. Then again, this is the NBA, the league where egos collide. So I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped talking because of their ego.

what is the fair deal here? the medical reports that surfaced say CP3's knee is on its way to brandon roy v. 2.0. I am way over CP3 and would be disappointed to lose either gordon or the minny's pick now.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 02:53 PM
what is the fair deal here? the medical reports that surfaced say CP3's knee is on its way to brandon roy v. 2.0. I am way over CP3 and would be disappointed to lose either gordon or the minny's pick now.

A deal that benefits both team either now or in the future. When Stern eases up on either Gordon or that pick, it should be fair.

I'd like to see those reports too. I don't think CP3 is on his way to become Roy.

J4KOP99
12-13-2011, 02:55 PM
I just think that the Clippers realized they are better off without doing the deal. They are starting to put a great young team together and have a very solid 1st round pick this year in a deep draft.

also, they should just wait till Free Agency to go after someone big. It is not worth it now for the Clips.

ShakeN'Bake
12-13-2011, 02:58 PM

Yup. The NBA should never own a team. It creates way to many issues, even if it all just is perception.

shep33
12-13-2011, 03:00 PM
Clips should not do any trade for Paul IMO, unless its one you absolutely have to take. This is OKC volume 2 right now, why on earth would they mess that up. Cp3's knees are kinda sketchy too, he has a history, and last year was his worst of his career.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Clips should not do any trade for Paul IMO, unless its one you absolutely have to take. This is OKC volume 2 right now, why on earth would they mess that up. Cp3's knees are kinda sketchy too, he has a history, and last year was his worst of his career.

Worst what? Season?

If so, point it out to me. Everything seems to be on par with the advanced stats for the most part. Maybe a bit down from last year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/paulch01.html

_KB24_
12-13-2011, 03:04 PM

Agreed, this isn't anything out of the norm. I do however think it was a disaster from the get-go having the league essentially "owning" the team and having the final say in basketball operations because Stern answers to the rest of the of the owners and so we basically have every other team owning the Hornets.

shep33
12-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Worst what? Season?

If so, point it out to me. Everything seems to be on par with the advanced stats for the most part. Maybe a bit down from last year.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/paulch01.html

True or false, his ppg, rpg, fg % and apg have dropped in each of the last 3 seasons?

Chris Paul 2 years prior to last averaged 7 ppg more... I repeat 7ppg more- that's a significant drop.

If that were Kobe or Lebron who showed a drop in numbers like that, we would destroy them.

I'm not saying Cp3 isn't good, he IMO is a top 2 pg in the league. But with his injury history, with him maybe only opting in for 2 years... is it worth giving up literally all your assets at this point?

Lakers4life08
12-13-2011, 03:07 PM
I think clippers needs to say to Hornets, Gordon or 1 Round wolves + aminu,kaman bledsoe,becouse Gordon+ 1round wolves pick is way way way to much for player with bad knees and average results in last season,if they give Gordon and Wolves 1 round pick,i only can say that Stern raped Clippers big time

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 03:08 PM
Agreed, this isn't anything out of the norm. I do however think it was a disaster from the get-go having the league essentially "owning" the team and having the final say in basketball operations because Stern answers to the rest of the of the owners and so we basically have every other team owning the Hornets.

In the end, it was unavoidable. Either the Hornets go with the NBA as an owner or no owner at all. And contraction isn't something that can happen right away.

Raps18-19 Champ
12-13-2011, 03:10 PM
True or false, his ppg, rpg, fg % and apg have dropped in each of the last 3 seasons?

Chris Paul 2 years prior to last averaged 7 ppg more... I repeat 7ppg more- that's a significant drop.

If that were Kobe or Lebron who showed a drop in numbers like that, we would destroy them.

I'm not saying Cp3 isn't good, he IMO is a top 2 pg in the league. But with his injury history, with him maybe only opting in for 2 years... is it worth giving up literally all your assets at this point?

I believe I fully pointed out to the advanced stats. It's certainly a drop off from his magical 2007-2008 and 2008-2009. But those advanced stats are on par with his career averages. So certainly not like he was at his worst this year.

And that's a decision Clippers have to decide. Clippers with CP3, Griffin and 1 more piece can make a lot of noise in the playoffs. You want to make noise now, or later, is what they have to decide.

Lakers4life08
12-13-2011, 03:13 PM
He was playing on Garbage Hornets,with average players, with no good scorers,if he is Superstar he should average like 24 points and 10+ assists in Hornets team....