PDA

View Full Version : Can we finally believe?

shamah115
12-12-2011, 05:47 PM
In recent years the Rangers have given us a good team, who either dont make it to the playoffs or loose in the first round. This season we are already seeing a different team then in the past. We see Gaborik producing like what we hoped, our defense is actually pretty damn good, and we have young and fresh players (all of whom are producing).

So with that all said my question is: Do the Rangers have the team THIS year to make a significant push at the Stanley Cup?

fingerbang
12-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Yea, expect a postseason splash or be disappointed.

nyr1980
12-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Fischler was calling them an elite team. I don't think you ca call them that yet. I thin DEt, CHI, PIT, and BOS are elite teams. I think the group right below that is PHI, NYR, MIN, SJ, VAN and a few others. I think though that the Rangers may be able to make the jump. I expect a deep playoff run.

IAmARanger18
12-13-2011, 02:25 PM
This is the best team we have had since 94, this team can go along way as long as they score and protect King Henrik.

NYRFan76
12-14-2011, 05:29 PM
A co-worker of mine had a great point of view regarding the statistics of this year's team. If we keep playing this way past January, then I would say we definitely have a great chance to go a little further in the playoffs rather than just making the first round. If you look at our past records and streaks around the month of January in the last few seasons its been the same patterns. I think January will be the crucial point of our season and really show if we have that potential to make it all the way.

Although, we do have a solid team. Most of our players are healthy at this point. Gaborik is playing up to expectations "finally". I think putting the "C" on Callahan was the best thing we ever did this year. His passion and guts in wanting to win has shown me we finally have good leadership leading our team. I never ever doubted Henrik's goaltending. He's always played well in net. He just never had the team that wanted to win. One of the MSG commentators made a very good point of view & comment. This team is showing how badly they want to win. They are making sacrifices every game. Look at the wounds the players walk away with each game.

We're scoring... we are beating high scoring teams... we are beating first place teams and best of all our entire roster is producing. Our D-Men are playing with good confidence. It looks like no matter who we play in the line up, everyone is producing points. I wouldn't say its the team similar to 1994. No roster or Ranger team will ever match that years roster or production. But I have to say they are playing with more grit and showing me as a fan they definitely want to win. This by far is a much better team than the last few seasons. At least to me.

liltedspop
12-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Fischler was calling them an elite team. I don't think you ca call them that yet. I thin DEt, CHI, PIT, and BOS are elite teams. I think the group right below that is PHI, NYR, MIN, SJ, VAN and a few others. I think though that the Rangers may be able to make the jump. I expect a deep playoff run.

as presently constituted i couldnt agree more, I do however feel this team can become a legit cup contender if not this year then next! it will be interesting to see where & how we sit at the trade deadline, this would be the year to pull a major deal to add another scoring winger.